Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-28-2005, 09:15 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Tuesday, June 28th Chat

Good Morning Everyone...

Got a busy day so I'll be back later
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:17 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

What a hot muggy day here in Jersey, sheesh. This afternoon our company is having an outdoor picnic (3 hrs long) and we are urged to go... which means in company talk GO!! I'm hoping to cut out early and go shopping to buy some stuff for my 4th of July / DH birthday party on Saturday. I go to this place called the Christmas Tree Store... its got seasonal stuff all year round except christmas of course LOL!!! and the best thing is its CHEAP!! LOVE A BARGIN
Old 06-28-2005, 10:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

ok I got to talk to cin and got some details - remember she had a "stent" done about a year ago. Well she went back in with some problems and they had to remove 90% of her colon! but thank the Lord she did not have to have a colostomy! This was a major surgery folks!!!!! She hopes to be home by the end of the week and will be on her computer a lot when she gets home. She will not be able to do much else for 6 weeks.

Please keep her in your prayers! I'm sure she'll be on here when she can and will give us all the details.

Leenie - have fun at the picnic! sounds like it will be hot tho! yikes! is your dh's birthday rolling around again! gosh has it been a year? time flies huh!

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey? where is liz?????
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:00 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Cathy thanks for the Update on Cin !! She is always in my prayers all the ladies here are and I think of you all so much.

HUGS !!!
Old 06-28-2005, 11:34 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Cathy tell Cin she is in our prayers and hearts.
I had a major breakdown yesterday screaming crying you name it. . .lots of fun So I made an Appt with Dh's shrink and I'm hoping to get meds I'll post more at home later
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:50 AM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

Keep breathin' Kier......I have those kind of episodes that seem to last a YEAR!

Cathy, please give CIN my very best vibes for a speedy recovery, I look forward to hearing from her, she's greatly missed.

Oh this weather is putrid and humid....I may be growing mold!

BBL....taking mama to oncology for surgery follow-up and trying to schedule all the newbies....it's like "herding cats"...IMPOSSIBLE!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:02 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Leenie - Hello! Sounds like a busy 4th for ya! I have family flying in from Ohio. Had to rent a 15 passenger van to haul them around in What sucks is, they are going to go to all these places and I’m gonna be stuck in school and won’t be able to go Like Universal Studios, Disneyland… wahh!! But it will be good to be able to see everyone again AND all at one time Like it or not, here they come! Hopefully you’ll be able to get out shopping

Cathy – Thank you so much for informing us about CIN! Let her know she is in my prayers and we miss her and hope she comes back soon and gets her health back quickly!

KO – I know that feeling! I used to get the same way. Let us know how things go!

Today I have a calculus exam. I am sooooo ready for it. I’ve got a physics report that I need to do as well. I don’t think I’m stressing…but who knows what my body is doing

I’ve been having some foot troubles. Every since the weekend we had the tractor out here and we pulled 12 hours each day to get that backyard cleaned up, I’ve been having some pain in my heel. It’s in my right foot. I think it’s where the Achilles Tendon meets the bottom of the heel. Or whatever muscle it is. Well I can put pressure on it, but when I walk and it stretches, it feels really sore. Goodness we had the tractor come June 4th and it’s still hurting. I haven’t had a chance to stay off m feet. We’ve been moving non stop. Basically house cleaning, yard cleaning, this and that. I wanted to go to the gym today, but I think I’m going to pass that up so I can stay off my feet and maybe put either an ice pack or heating pad on it. I am sitting down now and I can feel it, all I have to do is put my leg out straight and then point my toes towards me. I wonder if it was all the squatting I did during that weekend? Maybe I stretched it out to much. But I’m going to stop wearing my sandals and start wearing my good walking shoes. Maybe that will help take off the pressure some rather than wearing flat sandals. We shall see.

Well looks like I just got my Confirmation for my second State Exam. This one will be held on July 16th. It will be the math and science portion. Not a problem. I’m super in math and science… well… I hope my math will make up for my lack in science

Okie take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:18 PM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

SueMarie: Planters Facitus? (bad spelling).....try a foamy shoe insert with a good heel cup support and tape it up.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:53 PM   #10  

Exclamation bad feet

If you do have plantar fasciitis, it's best to deal with it asap. (I know - I used to be a runner, and now have pain walking because I didn't listen to my body.) Make sure you wear supportive shoes like runners, avoid bare feet, flip flops or other sandals or shoes that are totally flat, and stay off your feet. If you look on the net, you should be able to find some easy exercises and stretches that will help, especially since it just started. It also helps to ice it on and off - a bag of frozen peas works well.

Good luck from steamy Ottawa. We're all dying up here, and it's much too hot to exercize. Just hoping there's no power outage.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:58 PM   #11  

Oh I've been so concerned about CIN! Am glad that we at least know what's going on in her life.

It's HOT and HUMID here in Wisconsin. Oy vey! The new lawn is prospering with it though cause Roger has been watering a lot.

I can no longer even get into my Hotmail account! I'll have to set up a new email account sometime soon. Am not on-line much any more. Also, we've ween dealing with problems with our wireless provider. It seems that there are too many trees between our house and the tower.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:51 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies...

Marble and Carla - I want to thank you for the info you gave. I looked up this Planter Facitis on Webmd. All the info I have read shows that the pain is on the bottom of the foot. I did more research and what I came up with is Achilles tendinopathy. Basically I match the symptoms 99% one of the symptoms was it is painful to point toes downward. For me it is painful to point toes upward. The pain isn't located on the bottom of my foot. If you were to put your foot flat on the floor and grab your achilles heel and then follow it down to where it connects the heel bone to your achilles tendon that's where the pain is. I guess I would call that the side of my foot that is in the back? Thank you very much for all that info. I appreciate it. I wore my good walking shoes today. Oh the pain was releived big time. Was still a bit sore whenI stretched the foot tho, bu so much better.

Tippy - Hello It's muggy out here in Cali as well. It rained yesterday, but the usn was out. Was beautiful.

Sue...
Old 06-28-2005, 10:56 PM   #13  
I CAN DO THIS

Hello Ladies..

It's been awhile but finally decided to get off my rump and post and "try" to get back into some sort of diet and exercise plan again. My emotions have been so completely wacky that 98% of the time I don't want to do anything and I either binge like crazy or eat nothing at all.. Today would be a binge day and I'm am so completely mad at myself. I feel like I've been on an emotional rollercoaster for the last month to three months.. I've recently switch jobs to so that isn't helping eventhough I love my new job..

Hope everyone is doing ok.. only read a few posts..

Leenie ~ I miss the Christmas Tree Shop. I use to go shopping there alot when I lived in Mass..

Cathy... hey hun,, tell Cin I am thinking of her and hope that she is doing ok.

Sue ~ Hope you did great on your exam and I hope your foot feels better

KO ~ I've had those same feelings it seems like every day now...

It's been hot here but today we had Thunderstorms severely... so it cooled things down for a bit.. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening..

Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:33 PM   #14  
Walking by faith

Smile Hello Ladies

It's been a while:

I don't think I've been in touch since I had my tests done on my ankle. I am going to have to have fusion surgery done. My doctor isn't in a hurry. He is a bit concerned about my bone; there's some signs of a continuing infection, even though I have no physical symptoms. My son is still in the county jail, but he received word that he's going to be shipped to another facility clear across the state within the month. This is good news and bad news...good, because he's going to get some help for his addiction ..bad, because I won't be seeing him very much . My eating has been terrible . I did go to my first face to face OA meeting (I've been going to online meetings for almost a year). It was pretty good..plus my DH went with me . Being on program together would sure make things easier!

I'm so sorry to hear about CIN. I know that is pretty serious surgery..my sister had it done years ago. She's already in my prayers

Leenie: I hope you enjoyed your mandatory picnic . Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned...enjoy!

Kierie: I understand how you feel. I was a lot like that myself. My doctor put me on Lexapro, which helped a lot. I'd go for counseling too, but the insurance barely covers it Hang in there!

SueMarie: Hope you're enjoying your pool. I had bone spurs in my foot years ago..very painful, but a good pair of shoes can make all the difference.

Marble: If you don't like the heat and humidity in Jersey, don't move down here!

Tippy: How's your house coming along? Seen any more hunky workmen?

Cathy: How are you doing down there in LA?

Stephanie: It's good to see you! I'm glad you're enjoying your new job. Any kind of change..even good change...is stressful. Remember to take good care of yourself!

Carla (and any other newcomers I might have missed): Welcome!

Liz, April, Lynnie, Mmarie, Kathy:

Please keep my pastor in your prayers. He had a seizure right before church about 3 weeks ago. They did find a slight abnormality in his EEG, but his MRI was clear. The deacons have sent him on vacation, and we're all praying for a complete healing.

Good night everyone!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:06 AM   #15  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Stephanie! Long time no see! Glad to see your post!

Joanne – I agree! Doing things together really helps and makes for higher motivation… sometimes. Glad to see yer back also!

I did some more research on the net. I thought at first my symptoms might have matched Achilles Tendonopothy but then I saw another picture and it showed exactly where I’m feeling my pain. It’s called Retrocalcaneal bursitis. They say this bursitis this and Achilles Tendonophothy often get confused for each other. Anyways Retrocalcaneal bursitis is the inflammation of the bursa sack (some fluid filled sack) that is between the bone and the Achilles. That sounds a lot more like what I have. The symptoms are the same, the pain is in the same area. The healing is the same too… take antisteroidal inflammation something or other (Ibuprofen) and ice packs, stay off feet, better footwear and support. This all started when I was working on my backyard when we rented the tractor and I had some really cheap sneakers on. I didn’t want to wear m expensive walking shoes one and destroy them. BIG MISTAKE! After a few hours or walking, squatting, and standing on a sand pile, I could hardly stand anymore. I gave in and put my expensive walking shoes on (Aasics $60) and it wsa amazing the difference I could feel. My feet didn’t even hurt. So that was my first mistake. It’s been all downhill from there. Been hurting ever since. I read a few websites, and they all suggest the same thing. If I follow what I read and do some Achilles heel stretches 2-3 times a day, and if it doesn’t improve in a week I’ll go see a Dr at Cal State and see what they say. I’m taking Ibuprofen, I got ice packs going, taking cool baths, and taking pressure off my feet and definitely wearing my better walking shoes. Guess no more cute sandals for a while.

Well, I’m off to bed everyone… Take care!
Sue…