Support Groups - Mom's Losing Weight!!!! June/July

View Full Version : Mom's Losing Weight!!!! June/July

chrily
06-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Name: Chris or Christina
Screename: Chrily
Homestate: Montana
Occupation: Stay at home mom of 3 girls...11 yr, 6 yr, and an almost 3 yr

Currently I'm back on the WW wagon and trying to incorporate some SB diet twists in it. IT's been hectic lately so I haven't lost anything but on the plus side, I haven't gained either.

I was a skinny little twig (119) until I got pregnant with my first daughter. I gained 69 lbs with her. I lost some of it but never quite got back down to the skinny me. I gained only 25 with my second daughter...but after her birth, I developed rheumatoid arthritis. Then I got pregnant...*oops* the third time and only gained 16 lbs. It came off but then I got put on prednisone for my RA and ballooned all the way up to 223. Now I am down to 200 but I want to be down to 150. That would be a comfortable weight for me.

I like to do scrapbooking, sewing, and playing on the computer....esp. ebay and yahoo games...

bootiegirl28
06-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Thanks for starting the new thread!! This will be great so everyone get introduce themselves!!

Name: Carmen
Screename: bootiegirl28
Homestate: TX
Occupation: Stay at home mom of a 15 month old boy.. just started staying at home in May of this year.

At my son's delivery I weighed 202 which was a 40 lbs weight gain for the pregnancy. I dropped most of that weight and got back down to 168 within just a couple of months of having him. My goal is to get down to 150 lbs which I haven't weighed in many years!

I love working out and doing fun, new things with my son! I also hang out on the computer for atleast a few hours a day!

chrily
06-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Carmen, yOu computer junkie! :lol: I am the same. I could hang on the computer for hours if you let me.

Today though...I got a little girl who wants to get her hair cut and another who wants to go do some shopping. Gets who gets to fork out the money.... :D Oh well. I better get my butt outta here. Check back later.

So what are you doing for exercise? And your weight loss program? That is if you don't mind telling. Have a fun day!

~chris

alsbttrfly
06-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Name: Lori
Screename: alsbttrfly
Homestate: currently Germany, but moving to NY in August
Occupation: Stay at home mom of 3 children. DD will be 4 in August, DS#1 2.5 and DS#2 7 weeks

I'm doing WW and trying to go to the gym at least 3X a week.

Did WW last summer and got down to 155 and then found out I was pregnant. Gained 50 lbs unfortunately and so far I've lost about 30 of that. I have 20 more lbs to lose to get to my prepregnancy weight and then another 10-15 to get to my goal weight of 140-145.

I love spending time with my family. I also love hanging with my girlfriends and their kids. I love to workout and to walk my dogs in the nature park where I love. I also love to spend time on line but don't get much time to do so with 3 little ones that demand so much of my attention.

bootiegirl28
06-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Hey girls! Chris, I do exercise tapes for my workout program. They include taebo, bellydancing, yoga, pilates, and the latest is dance/hip hop and striptease!!! Woohoo! Its alot of fun!
For my weight loss program I'm concentrating more on counting carbs. I'm entering all the food I eat into fitday.com to help track that along with fat, calories, and protein! I don't seem to have any problem staying under 1800 calories per day which is what is recommended for my weight and height while I'm still nursing!

Tonkasmom
06-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Name: Kimberlee
Screenname: Tonkasmom
Homestate: MD

New here.I used to be thin and active (size 6, jogging 5 miles/day). Well, I gained 60 lbs. w/ my pregnancy, lost 30 immediately and settled at 160. For the first few months, I kept eating like I was pregnant, but was bf/pumping. After I gave that up I got really upset looking in the mirror and basically was not going to allow myself to stay that way.
Right now, I am counting calories(1500/day), go to the gym 4x a week, and do crunches and push-ups at home. It is starting to SLOWLY come off.

I lke to read, and walk my dogs,x-box, play w/ the babies and am a computer junkie also :comp: My time is now limited, however, for reasons which do not need explaining :p

chrily
06-28-2005, 07:35 PM
carmen-I've done the taebo, pilates, and salsa dancing exercise videos..but was curious about what you think on the striptease, bellydancing and hip/hop ones? I love to do stuff that doesn't seem like a workout.

For all of you, I was wondering how you gals find time to squeeze in exercise. That is my hardest challenge. I think that's why its taking me so long to get this weight off. I can't seem to stay consistent with exercising. My girls are a big distraction, or rather, and interruption when I try to do it during the day. They can leave me alone and do their own things but all of a sudden there is trauma everywhere when I try to exercise. I shouldn't just pin it down to exercising. They get all attention starved whenever I try to do something for me like sewing, reading, taking a relaxing bath...etc. Ahhh...the life of a mom!

Kimberlee-If you have any ideas on how to adapt crunches and pushups for me, let me know. I have rheumatoid arthritis and my lower back hurts alot and I can't bare too much weight on my wrists. I have done pushups in a standing position and using a wall. That I can tolerate for a bit.

Lori-First of all...Congrats! I see you have a very new little baby at home. You're in my boat now. 3 kids. ;) Awww..they're great though. I gained all my weight by being pregnant and then the last 30 or so pounds from being on prednisone. I've gotten most of the prednisone weight off...but the baby weight is still lingering. I really have no excuse for it. Just a lack of attention to me. I'm also doing WW and trying to watch my carbs. I've noticed when I eat too many of those, my blood sugar takes a nose dive shortly after and I get lightheaded and feel just odd. I don't know how to explain it. My body feels like all rubbery. You know that feeling after you really exercise good.

Okay...dinner needs to get cooking. DD #2 has swimming lessons tonight. And the DD#1 wants to go shopping after that. If I'm lucky, maybe dh will babysit the youngest...then I can actually look at stuff.

~chris

MorticiaAddams
06-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Name: Cynthia or Cindy or even Cin
Screename: MorticiaAddams :s:
Homestate: Michigan

I work full time and my highest weight was 313 pounds.
I am doing my own health plan but as much as im starting to read it seems to resemble a bit of the South Beach Diet. I just got the book and have started reading a little.
I am down now 76 pounds. I have been working at this with my husband who is down 66 pounds himself.
We would like to have another child ,but I really want to lose more weight first. Nice to meet everyone. ;)

chrily
06-29-2005, 12:09 AM
Welcome Cin,
I guess I've been on this thread the longest. It's nice to see people interested in posting. I did the SB diet for a month and lost 7 lbs the first 2 weeks. I'm thinking that cutting out the bad carbs is a good thing. There is alot of similarities between SB, Oprah's Boot Camp, and this diet I keep reading about in a health column in our paper. The first couple of weeks without sugar, and potatoes, and pasta was hard but I didn't miss them so much. I think I may have to go back to that. My cousin has lost 33 lbs on SB so far and she's been on it since March. I'm doing WW again...but I am using some of the stuff I learned from SB with it too.

BTW, your weight loss is phenomenal!!!! YOU GO GIRL!

~chris

alsbttrfly
06-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Chris- you may think I'm crazy but I'm now thinking about having a 4th child and DC#3 isn't even 8 weeks yet. DH and I were done when we had #2 and #3 was a surprise. I was kind of depressed when I first found out I was pregnant with #3, now here I am thinking about having another.

Kimberlee- what kind of dogs do you have? I have 2, one's an Akita and the other is a mutt.

What's everyones favorite workout DVD? I have a couple of Tae BO ones but I'm interested in something new and fun.

almostheaven
06-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Name: Char
Screenname: AlmostHeaven
Homestate: VA (Currently - likely not permanent)
Occupation: Networking (currently out of work until after the baby arrives)

I was working on my feet in a hot factory when I was pregnant with my daughter. So while I was eating two lunches every day, and feeling like I was starving, I wasn't gaining weight. So the doctor took me off work and I packed on the pounds. Afterwards, I went through a nasty divorce, didn't do any of my exercises, kept all that weight on, and added some more. Over the years, everytime I tried to diet, I'd lose a little and gain it back double. So I eventually stopped trying to diet.

About three years ago, I changed my eating habits and added daily exercise and managed to drop weight slowly and fairly steadily. However, when I was finally about to my goal, I got pregnant again. 20 years laters. Arrgh Now, I make sure to keep up my healthy eating and exercise. Though I eat more and exercise a bit less (60 to 90 minutes a day just isn't doable for me at this point). Keeping that going throughout the pregnancy should help me to stay on track afterward and lose this baby weight this time around.

aphil
06-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Since this has turned into a support GROUP, rather than just support-I am moving it to the support groups part of the forum. Carry on ladies!

chrily
06-30-2005, 09:38 AM
Lori, I have thought about another one but then I was reading articles on rheumatoid arthritis and most of them said that after a pregnancy the RA hits even harder. I don't want that. Also the meds I'm on are very harmful to a fetus. I guess it can cause alot of birth defects (i.e. missing limbs, and other things). Oh well...I'll just spoil my little nephew. He's growing so fast. He'll be a year old in August. He's the last one for my sister. :(

Exercise dvds...I love the WATP dvds and yesterday I did the Method Pilates workout with my sisters'. That one was a good one too. Ooohhh...gotta go.

I have to leave for work in about 20 min...and my hair is still wet, I'm not dressed, and my tummy is rumbling.

TTfn

chris

jkg0679
06-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Name: Jacky
Screename: jkg0679
Homestate: Vermont
Occupation: Mom to 5 year old Sierra and full tme adm. ***'t. for student services for our school district.

I was 118 before my daughter came along...I gained 25lbs during my pregnancy and then got on the depo prevara shot for 3.5 years, gaining 25 more pounds. I got off the depo shot in Jan '04 and lost 25lbs, but sincemeeting my fiance, have gained 12lbs. I am on a mission to be 125lbs!

bootiegirl28
06-30-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm getting ready to go out of town this weekend so I won't be around to post but I wanted to catch up with everyone!

First, I have to say way to go to everyone for so much weight loss! All your stats look terrific! I'm doing well on my new diet of watching my what my calories are coming from.. ie. carbs, fat, and protein. I'm trying to get as close to the 40/30/30 that the zone says to do as I can! I've already lost a pound this week so I'm very excited!

Chris, the bellydancing tape I have is ok. Not at all high impact but it gives your arms and tummy a good workout! I love the dance hip/hop tapes I just got. I've done them both.. Paula Abdul's Get up and Dance and MTV's Grind Workout. I'm mad about my striptease dvd though. I just got it in the mail and its defective so I have to send it back to get a new one. So the jury is still out on how that is but I'm sure it'll be alot of fun too!
As for squeezing in workouts... Since I'm a SAHM now I workout in the morning before I take a shower. I get my son up and nurse him. Then sit him down with his breakfast in his high chair and I workout. A few times a week I workout with my neighbor who has a little boy that plays with my son. Thats great too b/c it keeps both of them busy! I'd definately sit down with your kids and let them know that workout time is very important to you and that no interruptions will be tolerated. Then enforce that! I don't have older kids so I have no idea if this will work but its worth a shot!

Kimberlee, congrats on your twins!! I bet they keep you really busy!!

Lori, it looks like we're starting out at around the same weight and have the same goals! Thats great! And um, yea.. I'm thinking your a little wacky for wanting a 4th.. but I can't blame you... babies are just so wonderful!

Cindy, your weight loss is awesome!! I love seeing big losses like yours. And congrats to your dh for losing as well! Happy early birthday to you.

Char, how far along are you? Do you know what you're having!? You're weight loss from 240 all the way down to 137 is incredible. You go girl!

Jacky, it looks like you're on your way down to that 125. What diet and exercise plan are you following?

I love that a group of moms is hanging out on a board for support... this is really great! Baby talk and weight loss talk are my favorite topics!

jkg0679
06-30-2005, 02:43 PM
I am not following any particular plan, just eating better & becoming more active.

michellejy
06-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Name: Michelle (or Chelle)
Screenname: michellejy
Homestate: PA (Currently - hopefully not permanent)

Well, unfortunately I am doing a drive by (again), but I swear I'll get a minute one of these days to actually participate in this thread :)

carlytaz
07-01-2005, 05:57 AM
name : carly
screenname: carlytaz
home:mass
occup: processor for mortgage co.

I am 37, work full time, have 3 kids and hubby.. not a whole lot of time for myself but i keep trying to find it.. I am not overweight but need help in trying to get healthier.. I have been doing pretty well, trying to make healthier choose but boy when i fall off the wagon.. i go all the way...
life these past few months have been very stressful so i have lost some weight but its all about the stress ya know... need any and all advice on healthy eating and stress reduction..

well I hope everyone has a wonderful day...
carly

chrily
07-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Wow, looks like we are getting quite a group going here. This is awesome.

Carly, welcome! I'm Chris...34 yrs old, 3 little girls and I work part time and am a stay at home mom the rest of the time.

Chelle-I expect a good post from you soon.... :D How's your jeep?

Carmen-My sister took off for Denver until Tues, but I guess all 3 of us girls are going to start getting together during the week and rotate between houses and exercise videos and work out together. I'm one of those that probably needs a workout buddy to keep me on track so hopefully this works great for all of us.

Jacky! Welcome! Looks like you got a good start on your weight loss. I know I gained some weight when I went back on my BC pills but I can't go off of them because of the medicine I'm on for rheumatoid arthritis...(and I'm also very fond of the lack of PMS and all the usual monthly aches and such).

Char-Welcome too! 40 and another baby! That is awesome. On my last little girl, I watched what I ate and walked every other day and only gained 16 lbs, so I'm thinking you'll be doing fine. The 16 came off fast, but then I got stuck on prednisone for a year and gained that back plus some. Take care of yourself and that baby.

Okay...my littlest munchkin is up and just took off out the front door. Gotta go.

~chris

Tonkasmom
07-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Sorry I haven't posted here, I have a hard time finding the time to keep up :D
Chris- I am sorry, but my knowledge of RA is limited, and I just do the regular old fashioned stuff. I hope you do get answers, though.
ALS- I have a German Shepherd and a Lab. I used to to take my shepherd on runs, but he is close to 8, and just can't do it anymore. :( No DVD's here, sorry- I like to get out.
Bootiegirl- TY, yes they keep me busy, that is why I never post :lol:

So I hope everyone is enjoying their 4th weekends and not stressing out too much about what they are eating.. MIL took my babies for the night, so I can actually SLEEP for 8-10 wonderful, uninterrupted hours. I have not been to the gym since Thursday, tonight I will try to run and see where I am at. Until next time.....

michellejy
07-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Hello, all. It's nice to see this group being so active again :) My daughter is gone for the next two weeks so that's going to be really odd. She is with my parents this week and her dad the week after. We'll be going to see my parents in a couple of days though so I'll get to see the little munchkin soon. I can't figre out how her dad wanted to only see her every other weekend. The house feels so empty!

I was really late this month so all of my PMS symptoms went into overdrive. I'd been snacking like mad. My weight still doesn't seem to change, but I really need to start getting healthier. I'd like to lose a few more pounds before going to the UK next month (crossing fingers that my passport arrives soon). Since my daughter isn't home to interrupt, and my husband is at work, I think I'll be able to get a bit of working out done between running errands. I really need to get back in the habit.

Chris- I'm still loving the Jeep even though my husband seems to snag it nearly every day so I rarely get a chance to drive it. :lol:

chrily
07-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Hi All...

Hi Kim! I'm having a great quiet time too. My SIL took my girls for the night. :) I do have to work for a little while tomorrow and then a family picnic at 2 and a family bbq at 4. Busy busy...

CHelle-Tiana (my oldest) is with her dad too. He only wants her every other weekend too. He kind of gets me because he doesn't see her too much..he's supposed to pick her up on Friday evening and bring her home on Mondays but he doesn't pick her up until Sat evenings most times and has her back by thurs. afternoon. My husband gets so irritated with it. It just gets to him how wonderful Tiana thinks her dad is when he actually does so little for her and barely shows any concern for her, except for his 18 hrs. Whoo HOOOO!

Okay...since its the night off from the kiddies, I have to go so we can watch Boogeyman. I love scary movies.

~chris

michellejy
07-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Ooh, let me know how Boogeyman is. I'm a horror movie fanatic myself but don't watch them nearly enough anymore.

You ex sounds like mine, Chris. He's supposed to have Sage from Friday afternoon/evening until Sunday afternoon/evening. He keeps whittling down his time until he now has her Saturday afternoon until early Sunday afternoon. Plus he keeps making other plans during the times he is supposed to have her and just dropping her off with my parents instead of spending any time with her. We've been divorced for well over two years so you would THINK he could figure out the visitation schedule (which he chose) by now and stop making other plans for that 24 hours he has her every other weekend. He was supposed to have her this past weekend, and on Thursday, he sends me an email and tells me he made plans to work overtime Saturday morning, go to a concert Saturday night, and go to a party on Sunday so he was just going to have my parents take her (without actually asking them or figuring out how she was going to get to Ohio for his brilliant plan) and visit her for a couple of hours while she was there. ARGH!

carlytaz
07-06-2005, 05:54 AM
Goodmorning ladies,

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th.. mine was very nice just hung out with my hubby and daughter. my son's where off doing there own thing. my 16yr old son is going to fla tonight fo 10 days.. I am very nervous about this i have never let him leave out of state.. but his best friend moved there a year ago and he wants to go and spend time with him. i never had that kind of chance when i was a kid so i figure what the heck go and have some fun.. i just hope he stays safe.. i will be worried until he gets home. anyways, i ate like a bangee all weekend.. havent been drinking enough water .. seem things are in excess this weekend.. but i am jumping back on the wagon.. so here i go again starting over.. oh well.. anyways.. everyone have a great day. keep motivated... carly

michellejy
07-06-2005, 09:19 AM
I probably won't be around for about a week. My husband's friend is flying in from England today, and he'll be here about a week. (I asked my husband the exact date he's leaving, but of course, he has no idea. Men! :lol: )

Okay, insane question of the day... am I the only person who absolutely hates meeting new people when I'm overweight? When it's 15-20 pounds, I don't really think about it too much, but right now I am dreading this visit. Rationally, I know it's not even about me, but I always have this thought in the back of my mind like people are going to think "why on earth did he marry her?"

Tonkasmom
07-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Hi all!
Michelle- I've never had TOO serious a weight problem, but I had to see a lot of family lately, some that I haven't seen for years, and I would rather not have them see me when I am not looking so great. So, no you are not alone, but you can't let life pass you by, no matter how much you weigh. Remember, you are working hard right now, and this is only temporary, and when you lose all that weight they'll only have admiration for what you have accomplished!

In other news..... The 4th went well, I had gotten some much needed rest, and did go for a run which really got me physched that my fitness level is getting back up there. Hopefully it will speed up the weight loss some.Yesterday I caved and had an oreo McFlurry- 560 cal, 18 g of fat. Oh well, I am trying REALLY hard to keep my cals under 1200 today. HAHA. I am going to try to go for a run tonight.
I am getting really tired of not getting a good night's sleep. The babies are 5 mos, they ought to be sleeping through the night, but they still don't. It is really hard to be in a good mood when you're tired all day, and I don't want to drink 5 cups of coffee. I'm too tired to clean at night when dh is awake, and when they sleep, I want time for ME. Soon enough, I guess.
Well, enough about me, how's everyone else?

chrily
07-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Morning all...Group post from me. I have to get busy. But in answer to Michelle's question about meeting people while I'm overweight....I HATE meeting new people, and I HATE seeing people from my past while I have all this excess baggage on me. I am very embarrassed by my body, esp. since I was such a twig in high school. I am so self conscious of what I look like. I feel like such a slob. I don't think many people understand how being overweight can make you feel. I know I get very overwhelmed in social situations, so I have a tendency to not look people in the eye, and walk with my eyes more on my feet so I keep people from noticing me. I know...I'm a weirdo. :) I've always been shy but being overweight compounds the problem.

I didn't do much for the 4th. I worked until 1:30 and then did a family picnic on my dh's side, then followed that up with taking the girls swimming at the pool...then another family picnic (my mom's house) and finallly the fireworks display. Yesterday was a day for recuperating.

Okay gotta go. I still need to get myself all cleaned up and go to my sister's house in a bit and help her move around her furniture while she shampoos her carpets.

~chris

carlytaz
07-07-2005, 05:54 AM
morning everyone,

Michelle, I feel the same way,,, when I dont feel good about myself it is very hard to be confident in meeting new people.. but just keep in mind you are working very hard to get yourself to where you want to be.. and its not all about your looks or weight anyways, you sound like a great person,, so your husband;s friend is probably just going to adore you... just try to enjoy the visit..

Tonkasmom- great that you where able to get some much needed rest. your babies are still so very little.. and yes in time they will start sleeping through the night. just take your days slow.. and when they takes naps.. you try to get a little rest.. that is what i did when my children where babies.. my daughter never sleep through the night.. i think she was about 6 years old when she finally did... but i just tried to rest when i could.. I do admire you for all the hard work you do trying to keep yourself healthy and in good condition when my babies where little i just wanted to be lazy.. i was to tired to do much... LOL....so keep plugging along you are doing great.

chrily- sounds like you had a nice 4th... and regarding not looking people in the eye.. you need to just remember that you are working on the weight issue in your life and that should give you the motivation to stand up straight and say here i am i am wonderful... no matter what you think you look like.. you should never let anyone make you feel bad about you.. you do that enough to yourself .. just look up smile and keep walking that is my motto...

you ladies are wonderful and working so hard to make yourselves more wonderful.. be proud oh who you are no matter what other people think... have a great day ladies.... and keep on keeping on... Carly

chrily
07-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Carly, thanks for your words of encouragement. I'm proud to say that I've at least donned a swimming suit 3 times this year so far. More than I've done in the last 6 or 7.

Keep up the good work girls! I'm on my way out the door in my swimming suit...AGAIN! :) It's 100 degrees and too hot to just listen to the kids screaming in the house. I'm taking them to the pool where they can use up some of this excess energy. TTFN and I'll check back later

~chris

carlytaz
07-09-2005, 07:19 AM
chrily- I personally have not worn a bathing suit since my daughter was 3 she is now almost 13...so i am very proud of you. I just had a doctors appt yesterday.. and to my surprise i have lost 10lbs in about 3weeks. I am not overweight so that was not my real issue.. my issue is to try to become healthy. i have a few medical problems that i need to get fixed.. so in the last couple weeks i have changed my eating habits alittle i added more wheat bread instead of white... drink more water.. only have 2 cups black coffee in the morning instead of 4 cups coffee with cream and sugar.. i do not use sugar anymore...which i beleave is a big weight gainer evern in small doses...I'v been adding more veggies and fruits to my deit something that i loved before but didnt eat much of.. junk food was my friend if you know what i mean.. i am on a serious road to get healthy... I just lost my mom in march with pancreatic cancer and I would like to try and get as healthy as possible because that is what she wants me to do.. i just found out i have diverticulitisis, fibroid tumors and one other thing that i cant spell..endo something.. so i need to really work on these things and if any one has advice or anything that they think would be helpful.. ears wide open or in this case eyes... I hit 37 and am starting to fall apart...LOL... well anyways thank you all for listening and hope you all have a great weekend.... carly

chrily
07-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Carly-Are you talking about endometriosis? My sister has that. I have rheumatoid arthritis as well as my mom. She has sarcoidosis and diabetes. My bro has sarcoidosis. What a healthy family! I am very overweight for my height. Along with wanting to wear the "cute, trendy clothes", I want to get healthy too. The more weight I get off of me, the easier it is on my joints. When I dropped 25 lbs, I felt so much better and I didn't get so many flare ups in my joints. My problem is that I fell off the weight loss wagon and now its so hard to get back on . I really have a hard time with sugar. I crave the stuff all the time. A few of the people I talk to on the RA thread read articles about sugar effects on arthrits. Not good news. I just don't know how to get the motivation back and get back into losing weight. It's different to want to lose weight and make it happen. I don't really have anyone around here to keep me going. My husband says I look fine the way I am. He doesn't understand. I don't want to look just fine. I want to look great and healthy. He understands so very little about RA. I wish he'd read up on it. I worry about him too. He has extremely high triclycerides and cholesterol, he has acid reflux disease, and he's hypothyroid. All of it would benefit and greatly improve from a better diet and exercise. None of which he wants to do. I don't know what to say to get him to want to feel better. I'd like to have him around for years and years.

Okay...I guess I can get off my little soap box and get on with my day. I have to go to my dad's and take care of his kitty cats. Then I'm going to go to the walk in clinic and get my eye looked at. I think I have a nasty eye infection. It hurt yesterday and I woke up this morning and its all swollen and hurtin like crazy.

~ttfn,
chris

carlytaz
07-10-2005, 09:12 AM
chrily- yes that is what it is.. sometimes i just cannot remember the names of things or beable to say them.... I am sorry to hear all the health issues in your family.. my family has many of those also... mom, had fibromyagia, diebetes, pancreatic cancer .. gram has pancreatic cancer, diebetes, narcalepce, arthritis.... so our history with health issues is very high around here. i am sorry to hear about your eye i certainly hope it is better today. I feel same way about my husband.. he is 5'8 216lbs mostly in the belly... he eats terribly but i am working on that.. and drinks that coffee brandy... which as everyone knows put the belly weight on... i worry for him,,, plus he also smokes as do i... i figure maybe if he see's me getting healthy he might want to jump on the band wagon.. we will see.. he is eating better..more veggies and such.. i just wish he would start taking walks with me... at least that would help him and he needs to drink water... he never does that... anyways, regarding support.. i am here to support all of you ladies in your efforts to lose the weight and get healthy... the sugar thing can be very difficult the first week... i started with not putting it in my coffee... that was hard because i loved like 4 teaspoons in a cup of coffee.. but i have not have sugar in my coffee for about a month and i have gotten use to the taste of black coffe which isnt so bad.. i also, started drinking 4c ice tea - its greentea and it is very good.. it does have splenda in it... so i only have 1 glass a day.. but they say greentea is great for you metabolism... I have bulked up on the veggies i eat.. tons and tons.. i dont use butter or anything like that.. i use mrs. dash on them.. that is yummy... i eat much more then i did before and i am feeling better and losing some weight.. go figure huh... i need a high fiber diet for all my health issue's so that is what i am trying to figure out how to balance my intake for that..this seems to be working for me not sure if it will work for anyone else but hey... i will share what i do.. you never know.. you are doing great and your hubby will never understand because that is how men are... but he will truly love the end result.. keep up the great work... jump on the band wagon slowly... just cut out one thing a month... you will see great results... well i better go.. probably bored you to death... i hope you had a great weekend... i will check back tonight.. carly

chrily
07-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Carly, I used to be a veggie and fruit avoider. I just don't like the taste of alot of it. I have gotten used to eating salads though. I've been eating zucchini too. One plant in a garden can produce an awful lot of that stuff. I guess my downfall is sugar and carbs. If there ever was a carb addict, it's me!
Well today I went all day without eating any sugar. I'm sure I'll be a crank to deal with later. I decided I'm going to treat my weight loss like being in school. I'm going to rate my days with an A, B, C, D, or F grade. I always hated getting anything lower than an A in school so why should my efforts with weight loss be any less. But in the weight loss game, it seems you develop an all or nothing mindset. An A is a really good, right on program day. B-almost perfect, C-an average day, D-need to reassess our approach, F-very bad day. I did 1/2 walk during my break at school today and I've been right on track with my eating, so for today so far, I have an A.
I want to be on the the weight loss honor role.

I'm not sure how to stick more fiber in my diet, except with beans, I guess. I have a yeast and wheat allergy. Yeast-free/wheat-free bread is expensive, so I don't really get to eat it all that often.

Okay, time to get dinner on the table. The fam. is wanting some food. Talk to you later.

Hey girls! Where are the rest of you?????????????????????????????????????

~chris

sharqueen76
07-11-2005, 07:24 PM
hello everyone! I used to post on this thread regularly but Chris will. Let me introduce myself.

Screen name~sharqueen76
Live~ Upstate, NY
Age~28(will be 29 next month)
Children~ 3 DD#1 6years old, DD#2 4 and DS is 3 years old

I am a single mom to 3 beautiful children. MY husband and I recently seperated. I just recently went back into the work force. I am in training to become a C N A(certified nurses assistant). Tomorrow I start my clinical. I graduate in 2 weeks! Since April I have lost over 20 pounds!! I basicly lost the weight by walking to the bus stop everyday(2miles there and 2 miles home). When I am at work I am on my feet all day. Right now I currently work as a resident companion. I help feed the residents(it's a nursing home), give them norishments, make beds and do their laundry. I am looking forward to doing hands on. I have grown very fond of many of the residents. I love my job! I wish I had found thid field sooner. In a year I plan to go for my LPN.

I plan to post here everyday again! It's so nice to see so many new faces. I look forward to getting to know all of you!! I better go, my children are rasing havic..LOL!!

carlytaz
07-12-2005, 06:00 AM
goodmorning ladies,

sharqueen- very nice to meet you ... I was a cna about 12years ago.. i loved taking care of the patients i became very attached to them.. so when bad things happened i could not deal with that, that is why i left the field.. you sound like you will do wonderful in this field... congrats..

chrily- congrats on such a great day... you sound like you did wonderful ... and giving yourself a report card so to speak could be very motivating.. but dont put to much pressure on yourself.. we all have our bad days and thats ok... we just get up shake our selves off and get going again.. i think if you pick up one new habit a month you will see amazing things.. i think the not having any sugar is the right way to begin.. i think that is what helped me.. dont get me wrong.. i have my days when all i do is crave something sweet.. and i dont deprive myself i have a little something i just try really hard to make it as healthy as possible.. not that it always works.. :) I was at the hospital until 10:30 last night.. my gram has been admitted.. this worries me .. because of her cancer and me just losing mom in march from cancer.. so on these kinds of days my eating habits go right out the window.. but i will try to stay on track.. hopefully i will.. i am an emotional eater.. that i think is the worst kind of eater.. but i will try to keep control..

hey where is everyone else.... this was a very lively list when i joined..LOL..

well have a great day i will check back later...

carly

chrily
07-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Jeniqua-Hey Sweetie! So good to see you post again. I'm glad things are working out for you. Sounds like you're doing great!. How's the little kids doing? I see you've lost some more weight. That is awesome. WEll, I'll be looking forward to seeing more news and posts from you.

Carly-You're gramma has cancer? I've dealt with that a bit this year already. I took my mom to the ER in Feb. because she was having "female" type problems and they did a bunch of tests on her and they found cancer of the uterus. She had her surgery in March (they removed her uterus, ovaries, and lymph nodes). Scary stuff. They caught her's early and it hadn't spread beyond the uterine wall. Thank God! I hope you're grandma is okay. You didn't say why you took her in. I'll pray a little prayer for her. Carly, get some rest. SOunds like you had a long night and not much sleep.

I burnt my shoulder AGAIN! Now its healing and itching and I'm going to go nuts. Okay...time to skiddadle outta here. I have a bunch of junk to do today. Errands, bill paying...yuck.

~chris

michellejy
07-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Hey, everyone. I'm sorry I don't have time to post, but we still have company in from London. It's been a hectic week!

carlytaz
07-13-2005, 06:09 AM
goodmorning

chrily- we took gram in cuz she was having stomach pain... they are at this point thinking that her intestints are twisted... not sure what they will do for that.. but they are doing more test.. i am very worried though..

i havent been feeling to good these past couple days.. stress always does that to me... its that emotional eating thing again... i better stop that... i will keep you posted on grams progress...

michelle- cant wait until you are back to post more.. i hope your having a nice time with your company...

well have a great day...

carly

chrily
07-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Carly,
Just checking in with you to see how your Grandma is doing. Hope they can help her.

Please keep me informed and let me know.

Chris

carlytaz
07-15-2005, 05:33 AM
chrily goodmorning,
gram went home yesterday... they say her intesint not that i can spell mind you. has twisted.. i guess this is not an uncommon thing. but with all gram's issues it is very worriesome.. but at least she is home.. so we are happy about that.

well i have been doing some reading up on all the things wrong with me. and with these issues they say to cut dairy out of my diet. i have always eaten wrong.. so this is a real big issue for me. if any of you ladies have any recipes, ideas on how you do this i would greatly appreicate it. i really need to get my self under control. i am very tired all the time. they say that happens. so i figure the diet is the first thing to change.. so what did i do when i went shopping of course i bought yogurt... i have been eating good cereal for breakfast.. but with milk.. i love cheese... help... so heres the thing i need high fiber diet ideas.. with out dairy... i really dont think this is going to be easy.. lol... but all the support and help would be greatly appreciated. thank you all...

Michelle.. where are you!!!!! we miss you....

carly

ChrissyL
07-15-2005, 07:28 AM
Name: Chrissy/Chris
Screename: ChrissyL
Homestate: PA
Occupation: Stay at home mom to 3, Cara 14, Tori 3 and Anthony 9

Well guys again I'm doing a quickie, things are a little rough on the home front, my husband was diagnosed with melanoma last week...we just did lymphatic mapping and will find out the results and when his surgery is on Monday.
I'm still loosing but just not as quick now, summer time and beer are just not good for a dieting person even when the beers are only 94 calories...1 beer is OK but who wants just one beer?
I'll post again as soon as I know what is going on here.

To all the new girls, the women here are great!

Tonkasmom
07-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Well, hello again :D . Wow, I have not been around in so long.. The babies are sleeping better, thank God, but some nights are still better than others. Last night would've been great, but thunderstorms woke me up instead, go figure :p . I have not been excercising at all, just too damn tired, but my eating hasn't been too bad, thought there is room for improvement there as well. I have a 13 year old nephew coming to stay w/ me from Brooklyn for 2 weeks, so we will see how that goes. I have not done a thing to get this house ready, and he will be here on Sunday. Having 2 5 mo. olds is really quite time consuming, and when you don't have much help, it just sucks. I LOVE my babies, just wish there were more hrs. in a day.
Soooooo, how is everyone else? Welcome Sahrqueen and ChrissyL. :wave: I am trying to keep up w/ everyone"s posts-
Carly, sorry to hear about your grandmother, how's your new diet going?- If you find something that increases your energy, i want to know!!!
Well, they woke up, i'm outta here, bye ladies, I'll try to be back soon.

chrily
07-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Carly, glad to hear your grandma got to go home. As for your eating...I love the dairy stuff too. I've gone though for 4 days now without sugar. Woo Hoo! I did screw up a bit today. I ate at Del Taco. ALl my kids spent the night at their aunts house so I had some free "me" time. I went shopping and I went too long without eating. I got the jitters and scarfed down on the nearest fast food joint. At least I didn't eat the fries.

Kim, I bet you are busy with those babies. It'll get easier. IT takes a while to get a routine going with just one baby. I imagine it may take a bit longer with 2. So you're little nephew is coming? That'll be fun (or an adventure :D ).

Chrissy-Okay girl! Thought you got lost on us. Sorry to hear about your DH. Hope it all turns out okay. I swear Cancer has to be one of the scariest words in the dictionary. I know I felt a rock in the pit of my stomach when they told me that 4 yrs ago when I was pregnant with Nicole. And I felt totally nauseous when my mom was diagnosed with uterine cancer earlier this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer for you and your husband...for good results! Take care sweetie.

~chris

michellejy
07-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Hey, everyone. Our company was supposed to leave on Wednesday, but his flight was cancelled (we found out after spending two hours at the airport) so he was here for an extra day. It's nice to finally have the house back to ourselves. I don't know what is with me lately, but I seem to be swinging back and forth from insomnia to not being able to get enough sleep no matter how long I stay in bed. I can't seem to get my world straightened out.

Carly- you just have no luck with food, do you? I don't drink milk, but I tend to eat A LOT of cheese (and of course ice cream). Hang in there.

Chrissy- good to see you back. You are doing to great! I wosh I'd managed to stick with things as well as you have, but sometimes life just gets in the way, right? Yeah, excuses, excuses. :lol:

Kim- I can't imagine having a teenager and twin babies in the house at the same time. You are a brave woman!

Chris- no sugar? Is that possible? Doesn't that take away all of the good food? It's no wonder I'm bad at dieting :D

carlytaz
07-16-2005, 08:56 AM
goodmorning ladies,

well my husband and daughter just left for the airport to pick up my son who has been in florida for 10days... i am very happy he is coming home.. i miss him terribly.. i really wanted to go but i have another darn appt at the hosp. for an ultrasound.. so the water thing i am doing great this morning.... lol...its the holding part i am having a hard time with..LOL.. anyways, my eating has really sucked.. so i have to get back on the wagon... i will just taking me some time.. i dont know what to eat anymore... that is very frustrating...

chrily- congrats on the no sugar... i think you will feel better once you dont have some much in your diet... just remember dont deprive yourself.. if you want have a little... it makes it easier to go with out it when you dont feel as though its taken away..

well my son was in florida he tried gator.. he says it taste better then chicken... myself just the thought...YUCK.... lol... wonder how good gator is for ya??? anyone know???

so has anyone ever tried those non dairy milks... if so please give me some input... i dont want to go spend the money on the wrong one.. i know some just taste like yuck... but i love my cereal in the morning and i havent had it in a couple days cuz i dont know what to buy... so any help would be appriciated.

thank you all for your support and words of encouragement.. you all are doing great and keep up the good work..

have a wonderful day..

carly

michellejy
07-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Carly- my husband loves that soy milk called Silk. I've never tried it because I have an aversion to milk, but he swears it is better than the real thing.

gray eyed girl
07-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Can I join in here?

Screename: gray eyed girl
Homestate: southwestern USA - "but it's a dry heat!"
Occupation: SAHM, starting college full-time in August. My daughter will be 3 this fall and my son is 1 1/2.

I will preface this with saying that I'm 6 feet tall. While I AM fat and don't make any excuses about that, I'm not quite as fat as the numbers suggest because I'm so much taller than average. I was 170 when I met my husband and ballooned up to 210 by the time I got pregnant with my daughter. I gained more than 40 pounds with her and weighed 235 when I got pregnant with my son. The day he was born I weighed 266 pounds! In April, I was wearing a size 22 and weighed 248 pounds. I decided things had to change. I'm only in my 20s, I should look and feel like I'm in my 20s. I know that I am very pretty when I'm thinner. Anyway, I started logging everything I ate and exercising. I eat 1400-1600 calories most days, and I am work out for at least an hour, 4-6 times per week. I'm down to 214 as of yesterday and I am excited that I will have lost every last pregnancy pound by the time my daughter is 3.

I hope it's okay if I jump in and join this thread.

chrily
07-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey Gray-eyed girl! Of course you can jump right in. We love to have new people. 6 ft tall. Holy cow! I'm 5'8"...and I thought I was above the norm.

ANyhow, I'm Chris. I guess I've been here the longest. I'm a sahm mom of 3 girls...11, 6, and almost 3 yrs. They keep me busy and on my toes. I started my weight loss journey at 223 and am down to 200. I was at 194 before but weeks of bad behavior undid that. ;) I looked at your tickers and your post and you are doing awesome. Are you following any sort of plan? What do you do for exercise? Hey I'm going back to school in September...we got something in common. With the exception that I'm a "non-traditional" student (I'm 34).

Hey Chelle, Carly, and Chrissy! Group post for you guys. I did great all week long and blew it on Friday and Sat. That pesky female problem is on its way and I got the munchie cravings....I'll ride it out and be as good as possible.

Okay...gotta go! Dh is calling for my assistance. We're removing some things from the basement so we can organize our home office. Business is king of disorganized and we have invoices scattered from here to there. So since the business is working out better than we anticipated...time for me to get a bit more "office-ish".

TTFN..and check back with you gals later.

~chris

gray eyed girl
07-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Chris, thanks for the welcome. What are you going back to school for? I'm going after a nursing degree.

Thank you for the support of my weight loss. I'm not following any specific plan because I don't want to do anything I'm not willing to do for the rest of my life. I stick to between 1400 and 1600 calories most days. I haven't had much of an appetite this week so it's been closer to 1200 the past few days. I do an hour of exercise about 5 times a week, most of it usually on the elliptical machine. I also do weights as often as I can. When I start back to school I plan to start swimming laps for an hour a couple of times a week to switch things up a little. I am really happy with my progress so far.

michellejy
07-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Welcome grey-eyed girl. My mom went back to school for a nursing degree after my youngest brother was in high school. Some days she wonders what she was thinking, but most days she loves it :)

My sleeping and eating schedule is all messed up right now. I'm never hungry, but I force myself to eat at meal times, but then I end up not eating enough then and snacking to make up for it. I'm not sure what is wrong with me. I think I need a nap :lol:

chrily
07-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey Gray-Eyes...(I shortened it up a bit). I'm going back for my Accounting degree. I almost had it with another private college (1 credit away) and I had to take some time off because I was pregnant with my second daughter and sick to my stomach all the time. During that time, the school got shut down because of fraud dealing with the student loans. I had to sign papers stating I didn't get to finish my education and got the loan amount forgiven, so I wouldn't have to pay it back. But I can't use those credits towards anything, or I'll have to pay that amount back. IT's been several years ago, so I figured I may as well take the classes again and get my mind back on track. I doubt I remember much.

Hey Chelle! I'm messed up too with my eating right now. July is a hectic time for birthdays in this family so everytime you turn around...here's more cake and goodies. I'm trying though. I did a 45 min. brisk walk today and I've been working out in my garden for a while...pulling weeds.

Gotta go girls...need to get dinner done.

~chris

carlytaz
07-19-2005, 06:28 AM
goodmorning ladies,

hello gray-eyed girl it very nice to have you here... sounds like you are doing a wonderful job at getting yourself in shape.. keep up the great work..

morning michelle and chrily.. how are you ladies, i havent been on in a couple days.. we are on vacation this week or i should say kinda i do have to go to work today.. because i dont know how to say NO>>> lol... but oh well i will work on that.. anyways... my eating has really sucked lately i think i have gained a 1lb or 2 this past week.. seems like i just cant get enough to eat.. not sure what that is all about.. but i will work on it.. i have been feeling better though with all these new eating habits i am trying to put into my lifestyle. i am not sure how some one can exercise 5xs a week...lol... i am way to lazy for that.. i know i should do it just havent made it there yet.. so for all you ladies who do the exercise everyday.. you are my hero's... maybe your encouraging attitudes will get me there.. well i need to get going to work yuck... really dont want to go... but have to... anyways, michelle i will pick up some of that silk milk and try it.. cant hurt right...

you ladies have a wonderful day.. your all doing so great... keep up the excellent work...

chrily- hows the sugar thing going???? i know your doing great...

carly

chrily
07-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Carly, I snuck a couple pieces of candy at work yesterday.... :o But last night when everyone wanted to go to Dairy Queen for ice cream, I had a diet pepsi instead. :D

Okay...i guess I better scoot. I'm going to my sister's house to help my other sister watch all the kids while the one sister works.

I'll check back later

~chris

michellejy
07-19-2005, 09:18 PM
September is birthday month in my family (and my official wedding anniversary- even though the family wedding took place in November). I'm having all sorts of joy with my ex trying to get him to spend some time with our daughter. I honestly can't comprehend how he hasn't grasped the every other weekend schedule after two years, but once again, he told me he made other plans the next time he is supposed to have her. I could go on and on right now about all the stuff he is doing to avoid seeing my daughter when he should, but if I think about it too much, I'm going to snap. Argh!

chrily
07-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Michelle, You got that "syndrome" going around too. I called my ex to ask him to pick Tiana up a whole 1/2 later than he planned. Actually I told his wife, and she never got him the message. So we called after he didn't show up. He said the wires got crossed somehow but he was going to take a shower first and stuff and wouldn't pick her up until 8-9 that night. So he changed the plans and he's getting her this weekend. I'm not sure if the message never got told to him on purpose or what, but he knows my cell number too...he could've called.

I'm having a yucky day. I nibbled my way around my sister's house. I guess I just need to keep my hands really busy. Tomorrow I have to make my mom a birthday cake. She's going to be 57...(she thinks its old, but I don't)

Okay...gotta go see what kind of mischief that my little brood is getting into.

~chris

carlytaz
07-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Goodmorning ladies,

chrily- happy birthday to your mom... my mom's birthday is july 30.. she would be 58... I am going to my brothers house in maine to spend mom's d'day.... i just dont want to be here.. I use to spend it with her.. and if not with her i was on the phone with her.. ya know.. so its going to be a hard day for me and i decided the best way to handle it is to go and be with my brother... i have been having some really bad days lately.. very depressed and sad.. that is one reason i have not posted... i am missing my mom.. but i know she would want me to move forward so i am trying very hard to do so..

i am so sorry to hear about the ex-husbands... man, i wish they would realize how important it is to stay close to the children... i do hope in those areas of your lives get easier...

well i decided this morning that i am going to start a food journal... i hate journals but i have been doing so pooring lately with my eating that i need to give myself a kick in the butt.. so maybe if i write it down and keep track that will help.. who knows but i will try...

well i hope you ladies are all doing well,,, have a great day... and i will try to check back later..

carly

chrily
07-22-2005, 12:21 AM
Carly-I can't really say I know what you're going through, but I am a "depression" person. I have been on anti-depressants for a 1 1/2 yrs now. I don't like the idea of it, but I do have to say, they help me along. I've always thought I would benefit from counseling but never got the nerve to do it. My life has been one bad thing after another and it just built and built until I just couldn't function anymore. I thought I was okay...but my husband and everyone kept telling me to get help. Sometimes I still feel "not okay", like I'll never have a "normal" life. I'm having more good days, which is a great feeling. I hope some day that I won't depend on meds to make me happy. It sounds like you and youre mom were close. I'm really close to my mom too. I can't picture what it would be without her. Her cancer ordeal earlier this year was enought to scare me. I'm glad she's still here. :)

Anyhow, on to a lighter subject. I think a food journal is a great idea. I don't do one per se, but I log all my food into the online points tracker for the WW website. It really helps keep me on the right track. My main problem is exercise....I have the willingness to do it, just trying to find a time to do it. Late evenings seem to be the only time, which will probably screw up my sleep schedule. Oh well. Take the bad with the good huh? ;)

Have a great night! I have to check in with some other friends on here and hit the bathtub and some zzzz's. TTFN

~chris

gray eyed girl
07-22-2005, 12:37 AM
Hi Michelle. I'm a little intimidated by going through the nursing program with 2 very young children, but it's what I really want to do. I'd love to work in labor and delivery eventually. I'm glad your mom enjoys being a nurse. I hope I do, too. I'm sorry that you have problems with your ex. How anyone could fail to make time for their kids is just beyond me.

Chris, what a mess with your loans! I'm glad you don't have to pay them back. How long will it take you to get your degree? I've got 3 years, at least.

Hi Carly, nice to "meet" you. I am not sure who mentioned the Silk soymilk originally but I really like it also. Although I don't recommend the "Very Vanilla" flavor. Way too sweet. I don't know if you're keeping a paper food journal or not but if you want to do it online, I really like http://www.fitday.com/ and it has been very helpful for me so far.

carlytaz
07-22-2005, 08:30 AM
goodmorning ladies,

i just wanted to let you all know how wonderful you are.. i really enjoy coming on here and chatting with you. i am going to try and get motivated again. i think i just need you ladies kicking my butt to get me going.. so its ok if you want to do that...lol... i was reading on one of the other forums the other night and they do challenges for a week, month what ever.. how about you ladies do you want to start some kind of challenge thingy.. and if you do.. i am not sure how well i will do with this but hey i will give it a shot.. and any good challenges you think of please post... then we can all do it... i am out of ideas...lol... well thanks again all of you for being so wonderful.. have a wonderful day... and keep up the great work you all are doing... and for me.. slowly but surely i am getting back on the wagon...LOL...

happy friday
carly

chrily
07-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Gray-eyes-I have 3 years to do my accounting degree or I can get done sooner if I take extra classes or go through the summers too. I'm really excited about this,....and scared at the same time. I haven't been in school for 7 yrs now. Yikes.

Carly-I am on another weight loss web page with some friends and we do challenges all the time. Right now we are doing a little mini challenge to get everyone motivated again. Each day of the week we have a mini-challenge to do like 50 sit ups, push ups or lunges, drinking 64 oz. of water, etc. And it was so cool, the other day, I got a postcard in the mail from one of the gals saying we were doing great and this would be our best challenge. A great pick me up when I needed it. We've also done bigger challenges that last 6 weeks and have certain things we do for points. At the end of the challenge, whoever lost the most weight, inches, and had the most points won a price. We each put $10 in the pot so the first place winner got some exercise equipment, and second place got a magazine subscription. Our first challenge was for walmart gift cards. I know that is a bit much for this group right now since we don't know eachother too well but there are some ideas.
I'm all for challenges...i love them and they keep me motivated. It's awesome to see everyone's progress.

Okay, gotta go. Kayla's one goldfish died last night. I don't have a fish net so I have to find a way to dig him out of the tank without touching it. YUCK!

~chris

carlytaz
07-22-2005, 11:11 PM
hello ladies..

well chrily i see you are the one to go to for the challenge ideas.. so if the few people we do have on here are up to it.. maybe we can start something. I think this is much needed in my life that is for sure.

anyways, have a great night... chat later carly

chrily
07-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Carly, Sorry, it's been busy around here. I'm filling in at work for the other gal who took her vacation. Anyhow, what would you like to do for a challenge? How long? (A daily challenge, a week, a few weeks?) Let's get something going. It would be so fun!

Anyhow, I've walked a total of 1 hour today, but on the negative side...I snuck some candy at work. Darn stuff sneaks right up on me. I really would like to get this weight off me. I don't know why I sabotage myself all the time. It seems like such a self-destructive behavior. I want to correct that.

Well I'm going to play on the computer for a bit. TTFN....

~chris

Celeste0722
07-25-2005, 11:00 PM
Hello!! I'm new here! Thought I'd introduce myself!

Name: Celeste
Screename: Celeste0722
Homestate: TX

I have been on WW's since January of this year and so far, I have lost 49.5 lbs! I have taken up running, and I really enjoy it!

carlytaz
07-26-2005, 05:16 AM
Goodmorning,

Chrily- I think maybe a 28 day challenge would be good... you know the saying it takes 28 days to make a habit... so maybe if we all stick to the same challenge for 28 days.. maybe that would help.. like maybe 28 days with no candy at all... none,,, not one... what do you think.. the only thing with that is i dont like to deprive myself of anything, that makes me binge.. maybe we can structure it a little better then what i have here, but you know what i mean...let me know... maybe if we all do this together we can gradually ween the things out of our diets that we dont want... this is not a diet.. its a life style change.... :)

celeste- congrats on the weight lose... that is just wonderful.. you are such an inspiration.. running wow... i have a hard time walking everyday....lol... i am hoping to work up to a jog...LOL.. maybe you can inspire me to get my butt out there to run...

oh yeah.. by the way.. today is day 3 of not smoking... yippy for me.. so yes i have been over eating but will get that under control soon.. well i hope...:)

have a great day... carly

chrily
07-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Way to go Celeste! You're doing awesome. It's taken me over a year to get off 24 lbs. Running...wow. I can't do much of that. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and too much pounding on my joints lays me up and I'm useless for the next few days.

Carly-What do you say we each come up with something we can do for 28 days (like me with candy and you with whatever you choose)...plus we have to exercise at least 20 min. a day. Would that be a good one? LEt me know.

I gotta go...the dirty dishes are calling me and I've ignored them long enough I guess. TTFN

~chris

carlytaz
07-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Chrily- that sounds like a great idea... you stop eating candy for 28 days... i will start portion control.. i am really bad with that.. so i will measure everything for 28 days... and i will exercise 20 minutes a day.. i have been walking everyday... so i will probably continue doing that for awhile..

does anyone know excactly.. how many calories i should be getting a day..

i weigh about 135 i am 5'5..... i walk 20 minutes a day .....

all your help will be greatly appreciated.. thank you...

does portion control count as a challenge...LOL,... let me know...

thanks

carly

chrily
07-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Carly,
If portion control is hard for you to do...then Yep, I'd say that counts as a challenge. Okay...shall we start today? I'm doing okay so far. No time like the present.

I'll do some checking and see what I can find out about your calorie intake. There's gotta be an answer somewheres.... :)

Gotta get back to work. I snuck home at lunch and its time to go back...

~chris

chrily
07-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Carly, I checked really fast for you on some websites and since I didn't know your age...I used 20, 30 and 40 yrs. But for your height and weight and activity level...the low side was 1738 calories up to 1806 calories. I know, I know...that sounds like alot huh?

~chris

RavenHairedFury
07-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Name: Erica
Screename: RavenHairedFury
Homestate: South Carolina
Occupation: Stay at home mom to Destiny, 5 and Matthew, 14 months.

before my my daughter came along I weighed 120. When I was pregnant with her I gained 86 lbs. After she was born I lost 60 but then started depo provera for birth control and gained 100 lbs in less than a year. When I came off of the shot I lost 26 lbs and the I got pregnant again with my son and I gained 60 lbs. After he was born I only lost about 10 lbs. My goal is to be 150 lbs.

chrily
07-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Welcome Erica,
Looks like you had some problems with the Depo Prevara...holy cow! Anyhow, I'm Chris. I'm a 34 yr old stay at home mom of 3 girls. I'm going back to school in Sept. to get my degree in accounting. This ought to be good... :D I'm like you, I gained alot of weight with my first pregnancy. Almost 60 lbs. I lost 20 or so of that and didn't lose anymore until I got divorced. Self induced weight loss for that part of my life. I was such a nervous wreck. I only drank water and smoked like crazy. On the plus side of that, my weight went below my pre-pregnancy weight for my first daughter. My second daughter I only gained 23 lbs or so. I still have it. Then with my 3rd, I gained 16. 8 lbs. more and I'll be back at the pre-pregnancy weight from her. My goal is to be around 150-155. I'll be comfortable with that.

Feel free to post whenever you want. I think me and Carly are the main posters here so we'd love to chat with you too.. Have a great day!

~chris

RavenHairedFury
07-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Hi! I have never found anyone else who the same problem I did with Depo Provera. I knew they were out there b/c of all the stories...I guess I was looking in the wrong place. :)
I actually want to get a degree in accounting. That or photography. I haven't decided yet.

carlytaz
07-28-2005, 05:39 AM
welcome to the group Erica... you will find lots of support here... we just love new people... :)

Chris- that does sound like a lot of cal's for a day... and my age is 37... ok.. so yesterday.. i missed the post about starting yestereday..LOL.. so i will start today.. lol.. so all my over indulging yestereday does not count we will just forget about it ...LOL.... well how did you do yesterday chris??? i bet you did great.. you are such a motorvator... Well everyone have a wonderful day and keep up the great work..

carly

chrily
07-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Carly, if you think that calorie count is high...check mine out (2081 calories). And err...umm...i did good yesterday but today I had to have a smoothie from McDonald's. That's my big flub up for the day. I've done good the rest of the time. Its odd though, when I end up reaching for the sugar, it sets off a chain reaction in me. I end up eating like crazy. Sugar is a no-no for me.

Erica-How's your day going? I was re-reading your bio an I love your daughters name. I like names you don't hear everyday. My first daughter is Tiana. My second is Kayla. The 3rd is Nicole. Nicole and Kayla are everyday names but they fit their personalities. Little tough girls.

Waiting to hear back from you all. I'll check back later.

~chris

RavenHairedFury
07-28-2005, 10:07 PM
I've had a pretty good day. How about you? :)

Thank you! My mom picked the name Destiny when she was listening to song by Destiny's Child. lol I love the name anyway. My son's middle name is Kaiden. It was going to be his first name until a week before he was born. Its pretty unusual. But their names fit.
I love your girls names! :)

carlytaz
07-29-2005, 08:40 AM
Goodmorning ladies,

O.K.. yesterday i didnt do to bad with my eating habit... got in 48oz water.. i didnt think that was to bad...tried to eat as healthy a possable.. still not using refine sugar... been about what a month now... thats not bad.. but i will tell you i have been craving sweets... like ice cream, candy bars.. i have not indulged in them but would like to..LOL... so i ate watermelon.. naturally sweet.. anyways... i did not walk yesterday, was not feeling to good.. but i will walk today.. I am leaving for the weekend.. going to maine to see my brother.. will be back sunday night so i will check in with you all then...

chris- i understand what you mean once you eat the sugar.. that is one of the reason i had to start staying away from it.. couple things i have noticed since not eating it.

1) not so tired

2) can taste the natural sugars in foods now.

3) my blood pressure has lowered.. (it was never bad, but its better now)

4) I dont seem to get so high strung... sugar makes you stress.. gets that adrenaline flowing to fast and i get out of control..lol..

so anyway,, for me those are good enough reason to stay away.. or at least put my best foot forward and keep plugging away... and i also noticed the more water i drink the less cravings i actually have....

hope you have a great weekend.. and keep up the good work....

carly

chrily
07-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Good morning...ladies.

I did okay yesterday. We even went to Dairy Queen and I had my Diet Coke with crushed ice. Kind of like a slushie.. Tasted great to me.

Hey, I'll have to get back here in a bit. I have to do a little research for my hubby. He has some service calls he has to do out of town and needs me to find directions.

TTFN,

~chris

Tonkasmom
07-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Hello, all- Sorry I have not been around, had to lock the computer cabinet, as my 13 yr old nephew was visiting. That was a nightmare- he just refused to listen, so on Wed, I drove him back to NY early. But now I am back.

Welcome, Erica- I've never done birth control, but am trying to lose baby weight here too.
Carly, I am glad the no(or less)- sugar diet is working for you.

Well, I have not been doing too well with the diet thing. Stopped counting cals, and doing very little excercise. I think i've gained 2 lbs.- Funny, that only took 2 weeks, but it took me 5 mos. to lose 8 lbs! So, tomorrow I am starting again. I am planning on hitting the gym(or running) no less than 5x a week, and keeping the cals to 1500-1700. I am sooo sick of this weight not moving. I would LOVE to lose 10 lbs. a month- it is doable, but will take a lot. I have not weighed myself on the gym scale, which is the one I use, so I will let you all know where I stand, and what is my progress.
Today sucks. The babies( 6 mos old now) decided that 4 am was an acceptable time to wake up again :mad: . They just went to sleep at 8:30am. I am BEAT(and pissed) and not doing anything today, but I will watch my cals....
I hope everyone else is doing great, I have tried to read the back posts, sounds like everyone is pretty upbeat. Hopefully this time I will be able to keep up. Have a great weekend, ladies.

chrily
07-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Kim, so the babies were messing with ya early this a.m. Hopefully you get a nap in later. I've had many a night like that. My sympathies to you hon. I know what it feels like to be all tired from one baby being awake too early, but I can't imagine what its like with two.

As far as my weight loss...I'm at 199 now. But I've been doing some reading and thinking and I know that I'm not doing enough or eating quite the way I should. I keep getting discouraged by my lack of success but I can say, honestly, that I haven't been giving it all that I could. So this morning, I measured my cereal and milk. That's one thing I know I have been wrong on...Portions! The sugar thing is another. I stayed away from it yesterday but then ate some potatoes. That has the same effect on me. I'm getting somewhere I suppose, since I can identify some of my triggers now. I can do this!

back to the "mom" and "housekeeper" mentality. I gotta finish up the stuff I started. Fun stuff! (extreme sarcasm). Later I am going to my sister's house to scrapbook. I'm kind of waiting around the house for my oldest daughter to come home. She's picking up more clothes to take back with her. She's been staying the last couple days at her cousin's house and helping out in their restaurant. She's having a great time. Kind of hard to let her go. She's only about 120 miles away but.... :( She'll be back next Sat.

BBL-Gotta go.

~chris

Tonkasmom
07-31-2005, 09:34 AM
Chris- portion control is really disappointing in the beginning, but you do get used to it after a while. I was totally shocked to figure out how much I was REALLY eating vs. how much I should've been eating. Now I still measure, but I have a pretty good idea of what is too much. I say, keep at it- just measure and weigh everything for a couple of weeks, and see if it doesn't help. As far as the sugar goes, I don't cut carbs, just eat the good ones, but good luck w/ that.

I got some sleep last night :dance: MIL took them again- bless that woman! Went for a dog walk this am and am going to try to take the babies out in the stroller later, weather permitting. I feel soooo much more positive today- I even looked in the mirror (full-lenghth) to take an honest inventory, and didn't even feel all the bad- I used to cry :p but today I just saw the improvement and the potential for even more. God, I love sleep.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Bye for now

chrily
07-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Kim, God bless the MIL who takes the babes.... :D My SIL is taking my middle daughter tonight. ANd my oldest went back to Harlow with her cousins until Saturday. That leaves one little one to contend with.

I'm not going to cut all the carbs out....just the bad ones. I enjoy the sweet stuff too much. If I can stay away from refined things, I should be good. Potatoes, rice, sugar, etc....BAD BAD BAD for me.

I didn't get much regular exercise in this weekend. BEen to busy with projects here and there. But that has kept me from snacking, so that is good.

I better go and get dinner ready. TTFN,

~chris

carlytaz
08-01-2005, 05:52 AM
Goodmorning ladies,

did everyone Miss me...LOL...

well i had a great time in Maine.. it is so nice and peaceful there.. but the eating thing well i didnt do so well .. you know how it is your outside... there is a big camp fire.. you have to eat smore's... and 1 never does it you have to have 2..LOL... so my tummy is telling me all about it.. so i am back on the wagon today.. i need to stop fooling myself by saying well its just today i am doing bad.. because for some reason today turns into tomorrow and so on and so on.. i know you ladies know what i mean..

you all sound like you are doing great.. keep up the good work.. today is day number 8 from not smoking.. yippy for me... and i really dont feel to bad at all... beside i really want the sugar.. but i will get over that..

well i have to clean and get ready for work.. i hope you all have a great day and i will check back in later night...

carly

chrily
08-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Starting a new thread....

August is here. Time for a new one. If you're new and want to follow us, click on my screen name and scroll down to "find more posts" ...

TTFN...
~chris