Support Groups - Cows on the mooooove

View Full Version : Cows on the mooooove

Wabby
06-27-2005, 03:52 PM
I know it's a dumb name for a thread, but it's all I could come up with.

Kiwi! I'm so happy the DH didn't snooze his way into a ravine with you.

We had quite the fun motoring experience on the way to the lake friday night. We were just out of town when the motorhome overheated. We blown some kind of radiator type hose, but not the radiator hose. This was a hose that no Ford dealer in the entire state had. DH managed to patch it enough to get us back home. He swore "we are going to go relax this weekend! I will fix this" and he did. He managed to buy some other hoses from the auto parts store and makeshift the part. We finally left several hours later than planned. Then as we were driving the crooked, dark highway over the mountains, he switched the headlights to high beam, and suddenly the headlights went out!! Scaaaaaaarrrreyyyy! He figured out that it only happened w/ high beam, not low, so we just had to drive 2 1/2 hrs. that way on a twisty mountain highway to the lake. When we got there our friends were still awake, playing dominos by candlelight with their sons & daughter in laws, waiting up for us. Even though it was a rough start, it was a wonderful weekend. Just what we needed. Aaaahhhhhh. oh, and the best part, Kiwi, was that he didn't sleep even one time on the drive there. heeee.

Painty, your trip sounded wonderful, but that picture of the cream puff? not so great. Lobsters should be shaped like lobsters, but pastry should not. ;)

I can't believe Lush hasn't stopped by to tell me congrats on becoming a gma. I think I'm going to go for the Nona Joy instead of Grandma. Do you think it's denial???

Kiwonk
06-27-2005, 04:36 PM
oh, and the best part, Kiwi, was that he didn't sleep even one time on the drive there. heeee. Oh sure, rub it in.... ;)

I think Nona Joy is cute -- why not? And denial comes with the territory, eh?

In my family, when a grandparent has their first name as part of their nickname, it seems to be because the relationship is distant for some reason -- sometimes because they're a step- relation or something. But I've noticed that that doesn't seem to be the case with other families.

Jeez, that "lobster roll" pastry sounds delicious, but it looks like a piece of intestine. :lol: Glad you had a good time in Boston. I'm jealous. We drove through at 6:30 am yesterday and back through at 4 in the afternoon. I am so exhausted and stiff it's ridiculous. While we were in Providence, it was soooooo beastly hot, and we had to lug her junk into her dorm room and then go have a campus tour. Just what I needed after no sleep! Then they had a very good orientation lecture for the kids and parents. In an air conditioned lecture hall. I would have been content to have that go on for another couple of hours, but they booted the parents out and we had to go drive for another 8 hours.

Oh good DH just came home with crap for me to do. Goodbye.

SugP
06-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Wabs - My brothers and I called my grandmother Nonna and my kids call my mum Nonna too. The Italian connection, right? Funny that there are no Italians in our family. :D My dad is known as Opa Fred.

I am STILL fat. Can you believe it? And it's almost July. I suppose y'all are gearing up for July 4th while Bagz 'n' I will be belting a few back on the 1st, right Bagzie? Good thing it's a Friday. We have our flag hung out already. The neighbours think we're nuts.

Wabby
06-27-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm not italian, Sugar, but Grandpa Jim definitely is, so that would make this baby, oh, 1/8th italian. Definitely enough to qualify me as a Nonna.

PainterWoman
06-27-2005, 07:18 PM
I think when one is old enough to be a gran'ma, you can ask to be called anything you want. Of course, if the kidlets can't pronounce it, you get called whatever they can say.

Kiwi, you may be right... it was My parents who were known as Granma Jane and Granpa Bob. The Ex's mom was just GRANDMA. and still is. And frankly, she deserves the title. She had lots more get up and go and still does. I hope I get to be a REAL grandma!!

I'm sorry you think the lobster tail pastry looks intestinal. All I can say is don't make a judgment until you've tried it!!

But it's back to antipasto... and greens. Greens Greens Greens. Not so much pasta!!

Cowie... has DS told you what his Japanese Camp name is? have you seen more photos? And are you OK?

I think my DH is asleep as we speak. I hope he wasn't waiting for me to fix dinner....

Bagzz
06-27-2005, 07:32 PM
nona nona nona nooooooooo---naaaaaaaaaaaaa--- i think that was a song~----in our family my nanna was Lebanese!!!! and we called her nanna--BUT,her mother we called Sito----which i found out later was supposed to be Sitee-----apparently Sito means "your grandmother" and Sitee means "grandmother" ANYway---my mother is called "Sito"----the kids like it,i think i would like to be called "oldbag" so that everyone will know just who we are talking about-----maybe we should make them call us by our internet names-----------nonna-wabby!!! heeeeeeeeeeeee----GUESS WHAT EVERYONE!!! IT'S 30 DEGREES IN OUR TOWN-----IT ONLY HAPPENS A FEW TIMES A YEAR BUT EVERYONE IS FILLED WITH GLEE!!!! THE FIRST HOT DAYS THIS YEAR!!!!!--- it won't last but we will make hay while the sun shines----THE STRAWBERRIES ARE OUT AND THEY ARE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LISHIOS!!!!-----CANADA DAY ON FRIDAY SUGAR----BREAK OUT THE FRESH STRAWBERRY MARGUERITASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---WELCOME BACK PAINTY!!!---kiwi----i object to all this driving you have been doing -----you need a rest girl!!!! TAKE IT!!!!!

Kiwonk
06-27-2005, 10:52 PM
I do need a rest. Or some regular exercise. I felt so crummy yesterday -- all the sitting/driving and then the long walking tour -- my hips were killing me and so were my feet. Just a big clue that I'm so out of shape it's a crime. Aarggh.

Yeah, Bagz, you can be Bagzma to your grandkids. We called my grandparents Nana and Gramps, and Mama (which my half-sibs changed to Mama K -- and they never had any affection for her like my brother and I did), and my step-grandparents we always referred to as Grandma and Grandpa Stark. My best friend growing up had a grandmother called Mimi -- she was the best. Maybe I'll be a Mimi. Mimi Kiwi. Sounds thin, don't you think? I might have to adopt grandchildren though; DD claims she won't be going in for the whole marriage and family thing. Hmph, we'll see.

Congratulations on your hot weather, Bagz. Want some more? I bought a bottle of Bailey's yesterday at the NH liquor mart. Don't you think that would make a stellar slushie? I'll have to work on that.

DH is getting done with his job this Thursday. Condolence messages will be accepted all week.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
06-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Did someone note on the other thread that there was a new one? I didn't notice if so. I need that kind of hint to look elsewhere or I just keep waiting for an email that there's a new post.

Here are your prayer opportunities for the day. It's about ME of course. I have two phone calls to make tomorrow concerning jobs. I want the one that pays most. I think she offered it to someone else so let's give that woman something else to do so I have have this jobbbbb.

Got a card today from Shirou. It's kind of short and doesn't tell me much so I was THRILLED. He apologized for his behavior in the airport. Did I tell that?

XOXOXOXOXOXOX You sweet little heifers.

Kiwonk
06-27-2005, 11:34 PM
Hurrah for Shirou. May he correspond frequently.

Hope you get the gooooooooood job!

Oh, I forgot to ask you -- about the email that you sent that bounced -- did it bounce the first time you sent it? I never got that one, but I did get some replies to your message "Postcards".

Kiwi

Cowpernia
06-28-2005, 12:07 AM
First time was when you were email-denied. After you were reinstated but in possession of no new email, I resent it and it bounced. Did u get the picture I sent you?

SugP
06-28-2005, 03:00 AM
Here are your prayer opportunities for the day. It's about ME of course. I have two phone calls to make tomorrow concerning jobs. I want the one that pays most. I think she offered it to someone else so let's give that woman something else to do so I have have this jobbbbb.

Yessssss, we MUST spend our day visualizing this other woman moving on to bigger and better (for her) things and leaving this fabulous job for our Peachy, who is darling and brilliant and slim and brave and deserves to have a job she loves.

Good to know that Number One Son is alive and well and still knows how to apologize. Ds12 has been giving me some serious lip lately and I'm wondering how he's going to be when he's 18.

My grandmother lived in Italy for a long time and my mum was born in Rome so I guess that's why they decided on the Nonna thing. Assuming I ever get any grandchildren out of these two, I don't think I want to be called Oma. I know, I'll just tell them to call me Sugar!

Last night ds9 had a little break down after dinner over I'm not quite sure what. Something about him not liking the ersatz Rice Krispie Squares I made out of all the old cereal remnants that were hiding in the cupboard. OK, it was truly awful, but nothing to cry about. Anyway, he developed a humongous headache and was feeling crappy so I massaged his temples and rubbed his neck and got a cold compress for him and then a warm one. After drinking a cup of chamomile tea (good for headaches) he said he was feeling almost better so I said "Oh, I guess the tea helped, didn't it?" and he said "Well, Mummy, I think it was the love that helped the most." Isn't he sweet?

Cowpernia
06-28-2005, 08:27 AM
Oh that is so precious, Sugar. Wonderful Sugar-plum-ette.

Do you ever see that Bill Cosby Show "Little Bill?" (does the punctuation goes inside the quotes and I want the American answer!) LIttle Bill's great-grandmother lives with them. The kids calls her Alice the Great.

I know a wonderful beautiful woman who had a mini-stroke last week. Her doctor ordered her to lose 10 lbs in two weeks. It can be done apparently.

Wabby
06-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Oh Sugar, that's sooo sweet. What a darling little sugarette.

Peach, you will get the job. I think you can. I think you can. I think you can.

I'm having a weepy kinda day. Too many changes too quickly. And then there was the almost accident I had on the way into work. So don't anybody even think of picking on me. I'd fall to pieces.

PainterWoman
06-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Peaches... you deserve a wonderful work, workplace and salary. Go for it.

Wabby -- so glad you are safe.... when there are tons o' changes one must be careful, don't you think. Slow and steady. Maybe strawberry daiquiries after you get home.

I have to actually see a client today... Aeiiiiiiiiii work. responsibility. As one friend said, I seem to LIKE getting lots of mileage out of Thelma.... (the legacy of being an only child, perhaps. And there's cat-sick to clean up and luggage to put away and laundry to do. Oh the mundane chores. But, on the other hand, I'm glad I'm able to do them. Think I'll go to Central Market on the way home and pick up some exotic cold food for hot weather....

Kiwonk
06-28-2005, 02:19 PM
First time was when you were email-denied. After you were reinstated but in possession of no new email, I resent it and it bounced. Did u get the picture I sent you?But the first one didn't bounce, right? They are still sending me some old, some new, email; it's a mess. I didn't get the picture yet, but I may get still-who knows?

Sugar, little ds is too adorable!! And you're just the best mommy. In a young life, sometimes the wrong cereal in the rice krispie squares is just the last straw, eh?

Wabby, I hope the rest of your day is totally uneventful. Ohhhhmmmmmmmmm. :bubbles:

So what is exotic cold food anyway? I guess it's anything someone else makes. I can't seem to think of anything appropriate to make in this heat; I keep using the stove even though I don't want to. We don't ever grill because we have no good place to keep the equipment outside and DH just won't bother with it unless I force him (which doesn't contribute to the atmosphere of heat avoidance). So, other than salads and microwaving, I'm still getting overheated every afternoon preparing dinner.

Well, Peaches, thank you for asking that question, because I've always thought you were supposed to put all punctuation inside quotes, but it often looks stupid. So I looked it up and I found this (http://www.law.du.edu/goel/writing/punctuation.htm), which makes sense. "The placement of question marks with quotes follows logic." Who knew?

Bagzie is a photographer extraordinaire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I am blown away by the lupines et al.

Kiwi
P.S. Did you know that this color is spelled fuchsia, not fuschia?

Wabby
06-28-2005, 03:02 PM
I don't need exotic cold food. It's cold here. I need soup. It's supposed to rain this weekend, just when DH wanted to cut hay. It's been so cold and rainy this is more like May than almost July.

The almost accident was mostly scarey because it was between me and a pedestrian. I have a blind spot to my left caused by glaucoma. I usually kind of scan an intersection left to right because I'm aware of my problem. I guess I got in a hurry and wasn't careful enough and I just did not see a young man as I was turning into the intersection until he popped into my field of vision. I just missed him. It shook me up. At what point do they come and take away my driver's license?

Time for lunch. I will drive very carefully to go get something. seeya

SugP
06-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh dear, Wabby! You poor thing - I know that would have shaken me up too! Hope the rest of the day goes better. You're probably getting all hormonal about the future grandchild too, huh?

Peachy- I'd say if the show was called Little Bill? the quotes would go after the question mark. If it's called Little Bill they go before the question mark. I just bought these two books: "Woe is I" and "Words Fail Me: What Everyone Who Writes Should Know About Writing". Very inneresting.

Mere minutes ago a container of yogurt feel out of my fridge onto the floor with a big splat and covered everything in a big sticky mess. Sitting at the computer is part of my avoidance strategy. If I ignore it, it will go away, right? Ha, fooled ya! I already cleaned it up. So there's like one sparkling clean spot on the kitchen floor and the rest is a pig pen. Ooof.

Kiwonk
06-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Mere minutes ago a container of yogurt feel out of my fridge onto the floor with a big splat and covered everything in a big sticky mess. Sitting at the computer is part of my avoidance strategy. If I ignore it, it will go away, right? Ha, fooled ya! I already cleaned it up. So there's like one sparkling clean spot on the kitchen floor and the rest is a pig pen. Ooof.Sugar, you're a scream. Actually if you had a nice adopted greyhound, the mess would have gone away if you ignored it.

I've had my share of scares with pedestrians and I don't even have a good excuse. One time I sailed right by a series of signs "Caution: Men Working" "Flagman Ahead" "Slow the **** Down You Lunatic" and nearly ran over a construction worker. Scared the bejeebers out of me.

I'm all sweaty and disgusting. I did the horrible but obligatory tour of duty cleaning on the sailboat (yes, still sitting in our yard pining for the ocean). I was wiping down walls in the head while dripping sweat on the floor. Of course I knew from reading all those cleaning books that you always do the floor last. About halfway through (or probably much less), I found that I stunk much worse the head, so I guess I was successful in my endeavors.

Possibly going out to dinner and having a visit with in-law relatives tonight, so I guess I'd better go shower.

Kiwi

Bagzz
06-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Okay---it's Cold Again=---there Are Heatwave Warnings All Over The Maritimes And Ontario And I Had The Heat On In The House Today---we Have Fog And I Need My Duvet On The Bed-----------what Kind Of A Nutty Place Do I Live In?????hellllllllllllllp Me-----------americans Are Arriving By Boat Tomorrow!!!

Cowpernia
06-28-2005, 11:18 PM
I have made a technological discovery.. but first.

Thanks to Sugar for answering without being unAmerican. Everyone knows Brits put their punctuation in the wrong place. I'm not sure about Canadians.

OK .. here it is. I can play Sopranos on the computer and exercise on the TV and do two things at once!1 Isn't that remarkable? No? Oh well.

I did not get the job I thought I wanted but really I might be better off. the other job wants me to drive two counties away for an interview. I am so unhappy about all this crap. Can I say crap?

Kiwonk
06-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Indeed you can say crap. Job hunting is totally crappy.

It's still hot here. Which Americans are arriving in SJ, Bagz? Is it a cruise ship? I wish I was going there. Instead of contemplating another round of sweat-drenched boat cleaning. Today I have to tackle the galley (that's kitchen to you landlubbers). I'm thinking of bringing a big plastic tub up there and emptying out all the shelves and lockers of dishes and stuff and just lowering it to the ground and running it all through the dishwasher. That way I can swab out the empty galley without moving things more than once. I'd rather write about it than do it. I'm getting sweaty just thinking about it.

By the way, I'm very impressed with your technological progress, Peach. I would like to do such a thing so I could do an exercise video and watch tv at the same time, but the logistics just don't work here. Hey, I'm getting all my old email, it looks like! There are numerous messages from you. :thanks:

The thrills never stop. :crazy:

Kiwi

Bagzz
06-29-2005, 05:51 PM
today's yankees were from new york,flarrider and maryland-----some from the boat,some driving---all very friendly and nice---one family ate at the restaurant my dd works at,liked her earrings and she sent them to the shop and they bought a pair=-----i sell silver wine glass,champagne glass,martin,cosmo and marguerita earrings---they have a crystal in them for sparkle!!!!! coooooooooooool!!! it is still cold here kiwonk-----the flarrider people LOVED the fog----it was 12 degrees this morning and i think we are up to 16 now=-=================I HATE IT---TWENTY MINUTES UP RIVER IT'S 30.

Wabby
06-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Poor Bagzie! I feel your pain. I know what its like to crave sunshine.

Went to the eye doctor for regular glaucoma check. He's sending me to another eye doctor for dry eye syndrome. They think they will put plugs in my tear ducts. Anyone hear of this? My life seems to be just one "procedure" after another. I keep hoping I'm going to get caught up on the fixes before something else breaks down.

Which reminds me --- our other child, Grandpa Jim is on his way to visit sil in Arizona. He broke down in Utah. Had to wire him $1000 to fix his car. This, plus the $300 we gave him before the trip. He has 8 children. He calls us. Should we feel honored???? :stress:

DS & gf have decided to go the marriage pre-baby at the courthouse routine, with an actual wedding after the baby. I told them marriage is important - big weddings are optional, especially with all the expenses they'll have buying a house and setting up for baby. They are still giddy about it. GF has gone to her first pre natal appt, so far so good. :)

Crap is definitely allowed when talking job hunting, Peach. crap. crap. crap.

Kiwi, isn't boat cleaning the man's duty? Inside 4 walls of house: woman's job Outside 4 walls of house: man's job. Seems simple to me.

PainterWoman
06-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Nothing of note here... Yes, job hunting justifies use of cr*p. Actually, I think boat cleaning does, too.

It is supposed to hit 100 tomorrow. I am going to stay inside and clean my desk. and read yet another book on how to get clients... Or maybe I will draw sheep. I think the cute ones are all in Massachusetts... there are only dusty gray ones here... and I have a hard time "making up" landscapes.

I used to have dry eye sometimes (according to my first ophthamologist and contact lens fitter.) but they never plugged anything up. The MD is the guy who tried to start a sperm bank with "genius sperm." Weird idea, but neat doctor.

Cowpernia
06-30-2005, 12:19 AM
I would like to have a deep conversation with some of that genius sperm. I long for stimulating thought.

But there is/was a genius sperm bank. The brightest of those kids, maybe, lived in LA. Very tall IQ and was in the paper a lot. Mom said she wouldn't get involved with a man who didn't court her son, too. Bring them both flowers. They actually ran a spread of pictures of offspring of that sperm bank and I thought quite a few of them resembled one another. Straight blond hair kind of kids.

Kiwonk
06-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Okay, that doesn't make any sense to me -- cure dry eye by plugging up tear ducts? Strange. Good luck, I hope it's nothing painful.

Now, talking to genius sperm, that makes much more sense. :dizzy:

Bummer about the cold weather, Bagz. And bummer about the hot weather, Painty. It's starting to get much cooler here too, at least at night. Still so humid that it's clammy when it cools off -- humidity's not usually too bad here. Oh well, more sweating ahead of me -- I have a couple of hours of work in the boat and then it sails off down to the coast, carrying DH with it. I will be free of obligations starting about 3:00 this afternoon, so I guess I'd better buckle down and finish this cr*p. I agree that everything outside these 4 walls is the He's responsibility, but I can't seem to shake off some of these chores no matter hard I try. I did weasel out of doing an "inventory" of the contents of the boat by being difficult :lol: so I don't want to push it.

Later gators. By the way, haven't been able to get in touch with DD yet this week even though she has a phone, an answering machine and voice mail. And email. No matter, I get to leave messages to my heart's content and pretend she's just too busy with schoolwork to answer them. :shrug:

Kiwi

Kiwonk
06-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Yeehaw!! Spent 3 hours vacuuming, wiping, scrubbing, lugging and restocking and I am FINISHED. :cheer: :dance:

My back is killing me.

But I'm done!

Kiwi

Wabby
06-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Kiwonk, are you kid and spouse free????? What will you do with yourself???

So it's too cold at Bagzie's, and too hot at Kiwi's and Painty's. Well at Wabby's it's just right. It's sunny and 78 degrees (25.55 celcius). No humidity. Light breeze. DH is baling hay tonight. I am free of obligations. I may just play in the garden tonight. It needs some deadheading.

And that's as exciting as it gets around here. :cool:

Cowpernia
06-30-2005, 05:56 PM
I do not know if it is too hot or too cold here. I do not go outside. I am a ....

I heard yesterday, btw, that in England the Harry Potter is called H P and the Philosopher's Stone but in America, we don't care nuthin about no philosphers so it's H P and the Sorcerer's Stone which made the Fundamentalist Christians all declare that the H P books are demonic and chillin should not read them.

Kiwonk
06-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Yes, I had read that quite a while ago -- maybe when the book came out. I think the moral of the story is that Fundies always judge books by the cover.

Kiwonk, are you kid and spouse free????? What will you do with yourself??? .... Well at Wabby's it's just right. It's sunny and 78 degrees (25.55 celcius). No humidity. Light breeze. DH is baling hay tonight. I am free of obligations. I may just play in the garden tonight. It needs some deadheading.
Well, I think you just answered the question of what I'm going to do with myself this evening. I'm heading over to your house and watch you deadhead. Ya got any Mike's?

Sadly I can only think of a few different ways to enjoy my free night -- hanging out on the 'puter, or watching TV, or maybe reading. I just remembered that The Mermaid Chair was due back yesterday and I haven't finished it. That's what I should do. I wish I had something truly decadent to eat. Hmmm I could get out that chocolate mint cake I have in the freezer. Slap my hand, will you?

Kiwi

PainterWoman
06-30-2005, 09:06 PM
I've been on the computer for a long time... Nice escape from housecleaning.... (Starting, not finishing) and thinking about work... etc.or the possibility of chemo. Blech... Throwing up and losing your hair. But having a LONNNNNNNNNNNG life to live? Might be worth it. Apparently I'm on the cusp (pathologically) of chemo or not... so we'll have to wait and see.

I'm off to knit.

Kiwonk
06-30-2005, 09:32 PM
on the pathological cusp. Sounds really cosmic. What a decision -- the docs are steering you in one direction or another?

k

Cowpernia
06-30-2005, 11:00 PM
There's this woman I know who is sooooooooooooo pretty. Pretty face. Pretty personality. Pretty hair. Pretty everything. Not so long ago everyone was sad because everyone knew she was dying and knew she knew it and all were sad. Except maybe her. She grew her hair back, is pretttty so pretty, and is teaching a class for divorcees at the church with her second husband. She had chemo. I remember (reporter stuff) when she wore a wig and was trying on makeup. Pretty pretty woman. Had chemo.

Kiwonk
07-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Pretty story.

HAPPY CANADIA DAY!!!!

Oh, come on, I like saying Canadia. It's fun. Try it.

I survived my free night. Didn't do anything too taxing. :rolleyes:

Got a call from DD, who is doing great. She wouldn't let me ramble on and on on the phone -- she had to write a 4 page essay about the New Deal. Heh heh. School. In the summer. Heh heh. She and her roommate are on the same schedule: their classes are all afternoon, nothing in the morning. So of course she misses breakfast every day. But she claims they get up by 8:30 and eat "brunch" at 11am and aren't buying too much non-cafeteria food. Then she proceeded to tell me about going to the minimart for cereal and milk, and going out for sushi last night. :chin:

Well, she'll survive. Hope her money does. Especially since I realize now that the way we set it up, she will only be spending about $50 of her own money, and mostly using the travellers checks we paid for. I had been thinking she would use more money out of her own account, but if she plays her cards right, she could avoid using any of her money. The trouble with having a smart kid...

We're going to see the 2nd annual "Katahdin Idol" tonight -- local talent show for children, teens and adults. Should be fun!

Have a lovely Canada Day!

Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-01-2005, 01:06 PM
DS took ONLY his own money. Didn't want mine. I have no idea how much he took. Kids is strange.

Kiwonk
07-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Isn't they?

Kiwonk
07-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Peachie, I sent DD the lovely Write Your Mom photo, and she says to tell you:
"Oh ha ha."

Cowpernia
07-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Tell her she's quite wilcum

SugP
07-01-2005, 03:01 PM
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

Thanks for remembering, Kiwi! We just finished up a mess of ribs and some corn on the cob. The strawberry rhubarb pie is waiting for us to get hungry again. And it's raining, of course. No maple syrup races on the lawn this year. (I just made that up!)

So, I watch the news today and see THIS (http://ca.fullcoverage.yahoo.com/fc/breakingca/accidents_and_disasters/). Big ferry accident. That's where I used to live! No one was hurt but my dad has a boat there. Haven't heard yet if it was squished. And Thursday afternoon was when everyone was setting off for the holiday weekend. Not nice.

Wabby
07-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Happy Canada Day!!!!! For some reason I feel so .... polite today! ;)

Sugar, it's a wonder that there were no fatalities in that ferry accident.

I'm practicing being a gma today. I'm babysitting my DD's weiner doggie. She's adorable and if it weren't for her annoying habit of running the opposite way when she's called, she'd be perfect. Of course, when the real grandbaby arrives I won't put it in the kennel crate when I get tired of holding it.

Have a loverly weekend, cowsies. My friend is opening a new shop this weekend, and I'm planning on checking it out. It's a gift/garden/home decor kind of place. It's in a little town called Silverton. Very cute. See yas. :)

Kiwonk
07-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Because that's what I'd really like to see!
So, I watch the news today and see THIS (http://ca.fullcoverage.yahoo.com/fc/breakingca/accidents_and_disasters/). Big ferry accident. That's where I used to live! No one was hurt but my dad has a boat there. Haven't heard yet if it was squished. I saw that -- it looked horrible! Amazing nobody was hurt, but it looked like they demolished an awful lot of boats. Bummer. Wow, did you read THIS? (http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20050701/ca_pr_on_na/ferry_aground) This is why the whole world should celebrate Canada Day: Not only did the captain of the ferry possibly save hundreds of lives by veering off from the concrete berth, but "Boat owners hailed the captain of a ferry that ran aground as a hero for diverting the vessel" -- Read that again: "Boat owners" -- If that had happened in the U.S., boat owners would have been suing the pants off the captain before he set foot ashore.

Of course, when the real grandbaby arrives I won't put it in the kennel crate when I get tired of holding it. Well, I don't see why not -- your dd going to be one of those picky moms? :lol:

Enjoyed the "Katahdin Idol" show tonight. One of DD's friends won the teen division. He was one of only 2 people all evening who accompanied himself on the guitar (most people brought a karaoke cd to sing with). He won with a John Mayer song, "No Such Thing" (Welcome to the Real World). He was goooooood. And cute too, wanna see a pic?

I'm so hoooooooonnnnnnnnnngry. I need fooooooood.

Kiwi

SugP
07-02-2005, 02:39 AM
This is why the whole world should celebrate Canada Day: Not only did the captain of the ferry possibly save hundreds of lives by veering off from the concrete berth, but "Boat owners hailed the captain of a ferry that ran aground as a hero for diverting the vessel"

That's because we are all so polite and no one wanted to hurt anyone's feelings. :D :D :D I guess everyone was just so darn happy that no one got injured. I also don't know if it's as easy to sue the pants off someone in Canada as it is in the US. :dizzy: I believe about 20 boats got smashed, including 30 ft sailboats. Some pretty expensive stuff but I suppose B.C. Ferries' insurance will pay for it all. We'll see. If you have a broadband connection you can watch the videos on the page I linked to and hear people say 'boot' and 'about' real funny. :) Haven't heard anything from the parental units so Dad's tub must still be intact.

Cowpernia
07-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Happy Canada Day or am I too late?

I have theoretical question. What if you had a teenage son who subscribed to a music/computer/something-like-that magazine and it came while he was away. Boldly promoted on the cover was an article on female orgasm. Inside was a page of women's face contorted and taken from above. What would you do?

Kiwonk
07-02-2005, 01:30 PM
I would throw it out and tell him to cancel his subscription. Heck, I am very liberal and don't like to tell people what to read or think, but you don't have to have that in your house if you don't want it, right? On the other hand, if it were, say, Cosmopolitan, it might well have the exact same stuff in it, and I used to read that. Still, it's your call, because it's your house and you're the mom. Does it seem to be an informational treatment of the subject or just exploitive?

DD has gotten a slew of mail while she's been gone, stuff that really needs to be opened -- 2 things from College Board among other things. I asked her if she wanted me to open them, and she doesn't :rolleyes: -- she asked if I'd send them to her there. I really don't think I want to send her College Board scores to a temporary dorm room. :no: :shrug:

Oh, there's a solution for you, Peaches, forward the mag to him at camp. :lol: Just kidding.

I went to the local 4th of July parade this morning! By myself, I might add. It was really pretty good; the Maine National Guard Band marched and played. Then they did a concert in the park. They were awesome. Also a big bagpipe band from Bangor marched in the parade. The kid who won Katahdin Idol was performing in the parade too -- he and some other guys were on a flatbed jamming with electric guitars and drums. Very cool. Amazingly, the parade organizers managed to have the 3 performing groups spread out enough that you could hear each one when they came along. I don't know how they managed to get the National Guard band and the bagpipe band here this year, but it was nice.

Glad your dad's boat didn't get squooshed, Sug. Sheesh, if that happened to us, DH would go off the deep end, so to speak! Well, or get a new boat with the insurance money. Come to think of it, maybe I could get The Cat (http://www.catferry.com/) to take a wrong turn and come up the River and smash our house! (Hey, we're only 3 hours from the coast, what's the big deal?)

DH is mowing the lawn. :cb:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-02-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't know about the article. Haven't read it. You know it's just creepy for a woman to talk to a boy about sex. A man is needed here.

Sugar, that IS quite a picture. Looks like Godzilla in boatland.

But here's another point .. blah blah blah. Some time back I told DS to turn off some movie because every sentence was F something and worse. Then .. when I was sick recently and listless and apathetic, I was watching Sideways which some friend loaned me. If you've seen it, you know that some naked people are doing what naked people do together while this guy is sneaking around their house looking for a lost object. DS is sitting beside me. Normally, I would've turned it off (no remote) but didn't get up thinking it would go away (doesn't. .. it gets worse). DS says, "Can I watch Whatever-his-movie was." Sarcastic. Made his sick momma get up and turn off the dam* tv. I just don't want to get into it with him. I was toss this issue. I think it's a fluke. Magazine is Wired..

Kiwonk
07-02-2005, 04:23 PM
I know how you feel -- I can't believe some of the things we've sat through on the TV with DD, not knowing how bad it was going to be. I usually just scream and cover my eyes. :lol:

However, I must point out that there hasn't been a television set manufactured without a remote since 1907. Are you sure this is not a radio?

:s:

My feet and ankles have been swell-y for a long time. It's very annoying.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-02-2005, 04:25 PM
lol ... it's one we WON from a radio station.

Cowpernia
07-02-2005, 04:26 PM
don't watch Sideways with her

Kiwonk
07-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Too late

Kiwonk
07-02-2005, 05:41 PM
lol ... it's one we WON from a radio station.Oh, that explains it. You forgot to win the remote.

The window beside the computer just opened by itself. It's rather nice -- a little warm breeze, a lovely sweet odor wafting over.. HEY! I smell ant and roach spray.

<sigh> We have had ants for 2 or 3 months. Can't get rid of them to save my life. Why do ants carry off their dead? I hate that, makes me feel guilty.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-02-2005, 05:59 PM
ants here, too. icky. they bite. they crawl. they return.

Bagzz
07-02-2005, 06:46 PM
i used the ant poison stuff and it got rid of mine---they GROSS me out--- i DID not like Sideways---i hated both of those skanky men,and the trampy women-----their lives were so depressing----for some reason the movie was touted as a comedy and i found it dreary and irritating------- I DID LIKE THE BIG FAT GUY RUNNING DOWN THE STREET WITH NUTHIN ON THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE --- i would throw that mag out too peach----he won't know the difference .Lost in the mail happens all the time!{ does he read this website????? heeeeeeeee??????}---OH i forgot to tell you ---there is a new guy that i am in love with on Canadian Idol====of course he is the right age again {19} like Kalan=------so now i must prepare myself for a summer of love again----his name is Rex and he is from Newfoundland!!!! aren't you all thrilled for me!!!!

Cowpernia
07-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Decadence is a word that is floating in my head.

DS does not read this website.

I didn't like the movie either although I did appreciate the fresh way they used the sex in the movie. Not the same-old same-old. I also hate wine so was not interested in that.

PainterWoman
07-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Oh Dear. I missed Canada Day AND the Case of the Runaway Ferry.
Happy Maple Leaf, y'all.

And... I used to get that Wired Magazine all the time (and Cosmo, for that matter.) Wired made me cross-eyed a little because they printed it in type that is too small for my reading glasses... but it had lots of computer info, marketing and business stuff.
The way I handled "delicate/difficult/sexual" material with my son came about when he'd saved enough money to buy a CD (this was from Barnes & Noble which is moderate if not as conservative as Wal-Mart). So... he buys a NIN (Nine inch Nails) CD... which, after the cellophane comes of, has one of those "parental advisory" stickers on it. Amazingly the inside liner notes have the text of all the songs printed. (I always appreciate when they do that). Well, it was f* this and f* that and I don't remember what else. But I told DS (who was probably about 13) that if he was willing to READ ME THE LYRICS outloud, I wouldn't mind him keeping the CD.. but that anything that came under our roof had to be talk-worthy and talk-able. He looked at me and paled, and went to get his money back and bought somethng else.....

Now at 15, it might have been a close call... I think that being a therapist made it much easier for me to talk with him (and anybody) about touchy subjects...

You could certainly let the publisher of the magazine know how unhappy you are.... I can't imagine he's the only "underage" kid who likes it.

Thanks for the pretty woman/chemo story. I don't see the MD who either will or won't give me a "hint" about the "right" answer on Tuesday.

So I'm knitting and sketching in the mean time.
Best to all and stay out of the way of out-of-control ferries.

Cowpernia
07-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Writing the publisher appeals to me. The article is on some gadget (it's a gadget magazine) that measures female orgasms and how it will to better ones. DS is 17 by the way, not 15. He is definitely past thinking his mom is right about anything.

Kiwonk
07-02-2005, 11:16 PM
I used to object when DD wanted to buy a CD that was full of f-words, but I sympathized with her not wanting to listen to "sanitized" versions of songs by her favorite groups. Then I discovered how much her friends swore on their diary sites and I gave up trying to protect her delicate ears :lol: . I figured, at least DD doesn't swear in front of adults and she knows I think it's ridiculously unnecessary to write song lyrics that are full of obscenities. So no more need to police her song choices. Amusingly, she has a song she wrote a few years ago that is really a good song, but has the word **** in it. It would be badly watered down without it and she's very reluctant to perform this song. Which makes me smile. Wickedly.

Good grief, Bagz, does Kalan know about this? Are you two-timing him?

Kiwi

SugP
07-03-2005, 04:17 AM
Well, my babies are still at the stage where they run away screaming if they see a naked breast on TV (and there are lots of them) so I can't really give Peachy any advice, but I know my future 17 yr old kid reading a magzine like that would make me feel pretty uncomfortable. Like Kiwi, I would confiscate this issue (or cut out the offending article with nail scissors? :lol: ) and closely monitor the next issues. What's the target audience for the magazine? Writing to the publisher would be just grand.

I'm fat and I have a PMS headache.

Cowpernia
07-03-2005, 06:40 AM
My former boss's wife found Playboys or something under her 16 year old son's mattress. She went through them with a magic marker and drew bathing suits on the women. Then she put them back. I think that's terrible. I think finding Mom had been "sneaking" around your room and .. in a sense .. sharing a sexual activity could do far more harm than good. We know teen boys think about sex. (Boys all over NE Canada are fantasizing about Bagz right now.) We just want to be normal about it. I'm not sure what that means .. normal .. in terms of printed material aimed at heterosexual adults but I do know they don't need to rush into anything. There's another smaller article in here on phone sex. I haven't read any of it but that's not bothering me as much as this one that's promoted on the cover including the page number like it's breaking news you can't delay reading. Sex is a very limited subject. Everything can be said about sex has been said over and over and over. These guys think they've found something new becuase of this gadget and they're using it to entice new readership at the news stand. The article is four pages long with one page being wallet sized photos of allegedly orgasmic women's faces. Blah blah blah

Cowpernia
07-03-2005, 06:41 AM
You know I realize DS can go to his school library and read this magazine.

Bagzz
07-03-2005, 08:06 AM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA----THEY ARE NOT THINKING OF MEEEEEEEEEEE PEACHERS!!! I AM THINKING OF THEMMMMMMMMMMM----BUT NOT IN A CREEPY SEX WAY----IN A 'OMYGAWD' HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE----------13 YEAR OLD WAY------LIKE I AM SOOOOOOOOOO SANITIZED IN MY IDOL WORSHIP-----------SEX IS BORRRRRRRRING----I'VE HAD ENOUGH TO LAST ME A LIFETIME=-===HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :D :D :D :D

Bagzz
07-03-2005, 08:08 AM
PS ---KIwONkERs------DOn't TeLL kALaN aBoUt Me AnD rEx!!!!!!

PainterWoman
07-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Bet I can make everybody clam up :devil:

How do you think weight and sex (attitudes/experiences) are related?
My DH (#2) had fabulous relations.... until I had a hysterectomy... and then it was like my "interest" went to Bolivia or some other remote location. Thelma and her tenderness has not helped. I'd like to get a groove back... without resorting to creepiness of any kind.

Oh dear. I'm feeling like an outsider again. Not a pioneer, an outsider. :(
Hope you all have happy cool holidays.

Cowpernia
07-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Who in the heck is Thelma?

I do not want a groove. I am p*ss*d and you people get to hear it. You are so lucky.

It is very hard to go to church or anywhere else alone. Single people do not go to church. I usually go until my feelings get hurt. At this current church, I know a number of single women and the married ones are good. Men, however, suck. You know some people believe the Bible says (and it does not) "the appearance of evil is evil." This means, if the Bible said it, that men and women may not appear to be friendly becuase everyone will they they are flirting and worse.

For a while now I've been attending Wed night Prayer Meeting because at the same time at the P.M. the kids are doing a kid thing and that's good for DS, I think. Before the P.M. they have dinner. It's $4 and catered by a restaurant that has no idea how to cook but at least they serve veggies and it's edible. But now DS is gone so this past Wed I go in by myself, get my plate and go to a table (seats 8) that has 3 people at it. I'm told by this woman that she's saving those seats for her family. So I go to another table where the people were nice but talked about their planned trips and expensive purchases and it was the wrong world for me.

So my feelings are hurt and this a.m., I went to church, sat on the pew, popped back up and left. I was sitting on the pew no one likes because a bright light shines on it. The pew behind me was almost empty but at the end of it sat this woman's husband and he DID NOT OFFER TO MOVE TO LET ME IN because the appearance of evil is evil. She's playing the organ for a while starting today so he was alone.

Then there's the preacher. I think a lot of him. I believe he's kind, caring and SINCERE. If I ever learn that he is not sincere, it will be a blow to me. When I applied for that newspaper job, I was given the opportunity to do stringer work for them and I got this idea I'd like to write about this church. There is reason to do so that I won't go into. So I emailed the preacher who did not respond. I spoke to him after church and he said, THIS IS AN EXACT QUOTE, "I'll call you Tuesday about it.Will that be ok?"

He did not call Tuesday and has not mentioned it when we pass in church. Later, I emailed him again saying I no longer have the confidence to pursue this project.

BOTTOM DAMN LINE: If the preacher is sincere and kind and caring, yet does not call as stated or respond in any fashion, HOW WORTHLESS DOES THAT MAKE ME????

Who is Thelma? Is that a drug? That woman is wrote about Stella and the Grove is divorcing her young husband who she met in the islands as she has realized he's gay and married her for citizenship. He's countersuing saying she's discriminating against homosexuals. I think that's right. It was not a good book. Poorly written.

Kiwonk
07-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Well, sure he can go read the magazine in the library. He could read that article online -- it says on the website that it will be available on July 7 (did we all write that on our calendars? :lol: ) By the time kids are over 13 or 14, I think the goal isn't actually to protect them from seeing stuff that's inappropriate, but to make sure they understand and respect the boundaries you place and in consequence internalize values you think are important. Something/someone steps over your boundaries (like this magazine), you react -- DS refines his knowledge of what's offensive to you and maybe he uses that to alter his attitudes or behavior. I guess what I'm saying is that the most important thing is that he knows how you feel about it. Of course you don't have to discuss every little thing. Drive you both crazy.

Yeah, I actually think about stuff like that. Sad isn't it? That's why I chose my 3fc name -- I am so wonky.

Don't talk to me about weight and sex -- how about 2 people who are both unhappy about their bodies and probably equally unhappy about each other's -- no hope there!

I did just see part of a Discovery Health Channel show where some women went into an experimental program to improve their sex lives -- one of them had had a hysterectomy and after it her sex drive did a 180. You wouldn't want to do this program though, let me assure you. It had to do with electrodes and spinal columns. And hospital johnnies. Just what everyone associates with a great sex life, eh?

I'm giggling about the wallet size photos, Peachie. :lol:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-03-2005, 01:42 PM
My analysis is that even electrodes, spinal columns and hospital johnnies (like Thelma? What the h*ll???) will get old and the subject will go on to more extreme sources. It's like marijuana leading to crack. Sex with your legally installed dh will lead you to hospital johnnies.

Cowpernia
07-03-2005, 01:52 PM
maybe you're right Wonkie (I don't know what that means either). How does this sound.

Me to DS:

DSie, your Wired magazine came while you were gone. I have it put away in my bedroom. I know there's a lot in that magazine that interests you (sneaker soles, pocket knives, computer games, digital cameras) but I have a problem with this issue. They have a lengthy article on a gadget that supposedly measures intensity of orgasms in women. They are promoting this article on the cover and I feel that it's cheap exploitation aimed at getting people who would not normally buy this magazine to pick it up at the newsstands. I am offended by the editor's decision and offended that it would be shipped to my underage son. Yet, it's your magazine and I realize there are other worthwhile articles included. What do you think we should do?

He's be thinking: WHERE IS IT?

He'll say: I don't know. What do you think?

Kiwonk
07-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Peachie dear, if the preacher is truly sincere and kind and caring, he would have responded by now to your requests. If a company proclaims they are the Customer Service experts, and then they treat the customer like cr*p, who's to blame? The customer? Maybe this church is just too big to pay much attention to one member, but whatever the reason, it ain't your fault, girl!

And Thelma is one of the renegade duo, Thelma and Louise. She's a girl gone bad.

K

Kiwonk
07-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah, you're going to leave it to him to decide? Good luck!

Going in to town for the craft fair -- I'm selling ornaments for the Performing Arts Boosters today. Ta.

kiwi

Cowpernia
07-04-2005, 01:16 AM
I"m back. And thank you to those of you .. well, Kiwi and Bagz and maybe Painty ... who helped me rant. There's a Divorce Recovery group going on at church and I've been to it once. Decided I probably wouldn't go back since I'm not freshly divorced and not in the same boat. But after all that b*tching, I noticed that the weekly Bible verse which had been handed out (and was on my fridge) was:

Therefore I will not keep silent; I will speak out in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul. Job 7:11

Well, how perfect. I was doing GREAT! I was complaining in the BITTERNESS OF MY SOUL to beat all. So I went to the class and now I feel much better.

One interesting thing: I mentioned to this group of 8 that sometimes I feel like tearing up my Bible because Herbie gave it to me and put his/my name in it. Three other people out of 8 had the same thing!! And the leader had given her dh's Bible away becuase of the same. I don't know. It just made me feel more normal.

Bye. Rant over.

Kiwonk
07-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Hey, that is very cool. If you think about it, you don't have to be "freshly" divorced to be coping with the consequences. It's always good to find people who you can identify with, eh?

I have cramps. Just to share.

We're going to a family bbq and not bringing anything. Because we only got invited by accident last night (they thought we were out of town). I would pick up some ice cream, but sweets are what they do best and I can't think of anything else. I feel like I ought to at least have something for the Marine nephew who will be going overseas soon -- I can't think of anything tho. I am spectacularly out of ideas.

So anyway:

:) HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!! :)

kiwi

Cowpernia
07-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Where is the nephew going? Get him a phone card.

I am going to a friend's house. Her dh will go away to a 12-step meeting and she, her mom and I will hang out and eat. I am also bringing nothing.

I wish other people would post. It's like that woman in the social hall at church who didn't want me to sit by her.

SugP
07-04-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm here, I'm here, and I'll sit beside you, Peachy!

I just ate too much pizza. And the state of my house is disgusting me. REALLY disgusting me. Something must be done. Today was boiling hot but we just had a bit of rain so I can breathe again.

Happy Fourth o' July to all the 'Merican cows! :)

Kiwonk
07-04-2005, 05:53 PM
The nephew is going to Iraq. He will be driving and/or guarding convoys. :stress: I don't think he needs a phone card. Maybe a case of sunscreen.

You know what Dorothy Parker used to say: If you can't say anything nice, come sit by me.

I have to share the extent of my brain damage (or whatever it is, heat stroke maybe) -- this is how that sentence read when I first typed it:
If you can't anything nice, some sit by me. It was all I could do to force myself to go change it.

We're going out to dinner with old acquaintances. How dreary does that sound? :rolleyes: I will look on the bright side -- they are all older than I am and some of them are fatter. There. I feel better already.

Condolences on the pizza stuffing. Maybe I should avoid that this evening. A nice cool salad maybe. A salad and a case of beer. That'll make the fireworks more interesting...

Kiwi

Bagzz
07-04-2005, 07:40 PM
LET FREEDOM RINNNNNNNNNG LET THE WHITE DOVE SING---LET THE WHOLE WORLD KNOW THAT TODAY IS A DAY OF RECONNING============INDEPENDENCE DAYYYYYYYY~~~~~~~~~~~---- TODAY WE HAD A BOAT LOAD OF AmerryCANS AND I SAID "HAPPY FOURTH OF JUUU-LIE TO YAS ALL" THEY APPRECIATED IT AND I EVEN MADE A SIGN FOR MY BLACKBOARD IN RED WHITE AND BLUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!-----so did they spend piles of cash at my shop??? NOOOOOOOOOOo but that's okay,my local people have been very good to me thus far and i haven't sunk yet!----------peachers=-----TRUST IN GOD ONLY!!!--- the losers who claim to represent Him will always let you down---remember my favourite prayer--- JESUS PROTECT ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!------------ and you can sit on our bus anyday-----of course we are all so fat we will have to SHOVE over so you can fit------as far as sex goes painty---------------i think i made myself clear earlier---and HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA to what kiwonk said----'' WORD!!!"------HI SUGAR!!!! I THINK I WILL MAKE SOME BISCUITS FOR STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE---THE BERRIES ARE JUST PERFECT RIGHT NOW!!! XOXOXOXO :) :) :) :) :)

PainterWoman
07-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Hey, peaches, I'll talk to you!! Love that the rant and bible verse knit themselves together. If you feel bitter, keep going to "divorce recovery" groups until you don't feel bitter. I think I went to three. :dizzy:

Great plan for DS and Wired, too.

(Thelma, is, indeed my left boob. The one with the tumor. She is near me, but not "really" a part of me... at least in my mind.... Louise has been behaving herself... at least so far.)

Thanks to all of you North of the Border types for the July 4 wishes. :)
DH and worked at our respective hobbies (well, some)... he was in woodworking mode, I pulled weeds until I was sunburned with a big white x on my back... (target practice for grackles, probably)... then we cooled off and went out for "supper".... I yielded to 1/2 piece of amazing chocolate cake... Must drink water and knit or otherwise keep my nibbling-enabling fingers busy.

Bagzzz: I am so sorry the Amurcans didn't spend money with you. I'm ashamed for them. I am actually working on sheep... I don't like them (enough), yet. Please sent photos of your area (if you get the time....) I was amazed when in Newburyport, MA and towns in ME how much I wanted to buy sketches of the area as keepsakes... and the really cute ones I wanted to frame, and then there were some I just thought would be perfect to mail.....
"Burtam was feeling more sheepish than usual because Eula beat him at his own game."

Cowpernia
07-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Kiwonk, in this area we have TONS of guys go to Iraq. The entire county just about. Local agencies collected toilitries for them as the govt is too cheap to buy them deodorant and little toys like yoyos (but not balls .. nothing that can be innocently thrown and stuffed with explosives) and phone cards becasue they don't have their own phones and the govt is too cheap to let them call without paying.

I have a sheep story. Went to dinner at friends and she was remembering a childhood friend who had a beagle and a sheep. The sheep followed the beagle. Unfortunatley, the beagle chased cars and the sheep chased cars and a drunk ran him over.

Bagz you are such a good American-promoter. I will remember your prayer. But the good thing is that some of the people in the group understood and emphathized and made me feel better. .... then .... there was the one biddy who said about herself, "I don't have that kind of problem. I'm well liked."

But it's a great Bible verse, isn't it? Gives you permission to *****. I will use it with my Pentecostal friends. BTW, the woman I ate with owns a book store and says the erotic-romance books are best sellers with the women who never cut their hair and wear ankle length dresses.

Bye you little sweeties.

Kiwonk
07-05-2005, 12:40 AM
nibbling-enablingSay that out loud, it's wonderful! I like Eula.

I know one of those ladies who never cuts her hair and wears ankle length dresses -- only I'm pretty sure she avoids cutting her hair not for religious type reasons, but because she saves absolutely everything and she can't part with her hair (no pun intended), and she wears ankle length dresses not for modesty reasons but because she is shapeless and it's just easier. In fact if I were a little crazier and less conscious of myself and my appearance (such as it is), I would be her. For a while she obsessively played a game at the video store where you put a coin in and maneuvered that claw around to pick up stuffed animals, you know the one? She won most of the stuffed animals and supposedly gave them to children in the hospital or something, but I suspect they are in her attic. :lol:

The reason I know this much about her is because she is the mother of one of dd's friends. She's actually a very overprotective mother in addition to all of her other lovely qualities. Her kitchen is the reason my kitchen isn't any worse that it is. Every surface is piled high with food packages or papers or projects or junk and it has a cloying sweet disgusting smell. She is truly the person who but for the grace of god or good fortune go I.

But I'm glad to hear she enjoys erotic romances.

"I don't have that kind of problem. I'm well liked." Wow, can you say "denial"?!!

Kiwi

SugP
07-05-2005, 02:23 AM
For me, the phrase "well liked" leaves much to be desired. :lol: I bet she has all her "friends" listed in alphabetical order in a notebook somewhere.

Peachy darling - I think the best thing to do is to be yourself. If they like you, they like you, and if they don't, they can stuff it, right?

Painty - are you doing hormone replacement or anything? I would think a lot of it would have to do with hormones. But what do I know.

And as for Kiwi's observations on sex: you've been looking in our window again, haven't you, dear? :D :D :D Ha ha.

Bagzie - I bet the Americans will tell all their friends about your shop and the rest of them will come up dragging sacks of money with them. There's still lots of summer left, and lots of people like to travel in the fall when kids are back in school.

Ugh. I'm so lame today. No motivation at all. But I have figured out that if I don't get some of the crap out of my kitchen, it's going to implode and they'll need three days to dig me out. The kitcheny part is sort of organized, like all the pots and pans and stuff are in the right place, it's just the periphery that's awful - magazines, books, stray papers, pens (none of which work), ETC. I need an office. I keep having dreams that I open a door in a hallway in our house and find three rooms I never knew we had. I've had this dream twice now. Think it means anything?

Kiwonk
07-05-2005, 11:56 AM
I keep having dreams that I open a door in a hallway in our house and find three rooms I never knew we had. I've had this dream twice now. Think it means anything?What a great dream! I think it means you are ready for changes. I've been having dreams about dogs and I've decided this means I'm ready for a new dog. Hey, they're our dreams, they have to mean what we want them to, right? Otherwise we'll fire them.

I spent a few minutes clearing off my dryer the other day. ~sigh~ If I could just keep doing something like that every day, I might get somewhere. You should see my desk, absolutely jammed full of cr*p.

Sugar, you and I are leading one of each other's alternative lives; that explains the similarities. Don't you remember the time when you wanted marry an engineer and live in the woods? :lol:

Later, gators
Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-05-2005, 01:19 PM
I think Kiwi is right. Your subconscious is telling you there's more space to work with right where you are if you'll just open that door. New opportunities await. Hooray!!!

Yes, I will be myself. The facilitators are wonderful. I told the wife that I didn't think I'd come a second time because I wouldn't be dealing with my actual divorce but with someone I practically lived with but didn't marry. She said, "That's the same thing except you probably didn't divide property." Very sweet. Old well-liked biddy didn't seem to be able to grasp it when I revealed this in the group but everyone else was fine. It's very good really.

Wabby
07-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Sugar, I want your dream. Last night I dreamed that I was in a huge, crowded room and there was a drawing. I knew that I was going to win, and the prize was a new Toyota pickup and a gopher elimination system that was guaranteed to work. The person handing out the prizes was my father, and I won. Now I dare you to analyze that one. :dizzy:

This is what I think about the magazine controversy - Hand it over with the rest of his mail, make the comment to him that his magazine seems to be using some pretty lame tactics to increase readership by selling with sex, and let it be. He's 17 years old and unless he's been living under a rock could probably tell you things about sex that even you don't know. I try to teach respect for women - more important than any other quality in a man, an not something that a magazine article is going to influence one way or the other.

Re: the weight gain/libido controversy - I don't know nuttin' about any o' dat. Anyway, nuttin' dat I want to discuss on de world wide web. :o

Cowpernia
07-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Thanks Wabbo. Nice to hear from the voice of experience. I'll probably do that.

Wabby
07-05-2005, 03:07 PM
OK, Peach, but I still need you to analyze my dream.

Cowpernia
07-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Do I remember correctly that you're not on best of terms with Dad? I think the dream is an expresion of an inner desire for that to change. For him to be a dad who cares for you more than anyone in the whole drawing.

I still have that problem with my mom so I may be projecting. I still resent the cousin-devils for saying mean things about me AND DS because I was not a good daughter to my mom and they were such wonderful niece/nephrew-devils. But no matter how kind they were and no matter how rotten I was, it was ME not THEM who wanted her love.

A gopher elimination system is so practical. Congratulations on putting useful details in your dreams.

Kiwonk
07-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Wabbit, I think that's what you call a win-win situation. :lol: Heck, I don't know what it means, but to follow my theme of the day, I will say it means that you are ready to get what you deserve from your father.

My vet is retiring next week. He has been trying to sell his practice for several years and nobody wants to be a vet here. So we will be stuck travelling somewhere between 40 and 75 minutes to get to a vet. I am covered with cat hair. I will be taking the other cat tomorrow. I used to take both of them at the same time for their shots and exams, but it always took me waaaaaaaay too long to get both of them into crates, and I was usually late, so this year I decided to take them separately and so far, it was much easier. Of course, after next week, that won't be remotely possible, as it will then take most of the day to get them to the vet and I certainly won't be doing that twice. I might as well live in Siberia.

Kiwi, the Remote

Cowpernia
07-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Speaking of cat, did I mention I hit mine? I have never before hit a small creature but they're tearing up my carpet and one put a claw into me. So I chased them around, hit their rumps and sprayed water in the face of the bad bad one.

Later, I went to trim the claws of one of them. I have never before been able to. His long fur covers the claws and he wiggles and I can't find them, etc. so I carry him in. This day .. the day of the crazy human .. he held perfectly still til I was done.

I have no dreams to remember.

Wabby
07-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Oh you have dreams, Peach. You're just repressing them. Let's analyze that.

Actually, my Dad and I are on speaking terms now. Very minimally, but I did go to their house on Mother's Day for my dad to cook me waffles for the Mother's Day brunch. It's just that we now have a very strained relationship. He's never apologized to my DH and I can't really forgive him for that. Maybe I want him to give DH the Toyota.

Kiwi, why would anyone want to buy the vet clinic, when they could just open their doors and have all the business in town? It's not like they'd have any competition. We have vets on every corner around here. There's even a couple mobile vets that will come to you. Maybe I should tell them about Maine.

PainterWoman
07-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Wabby... I like your dream.. If it's underground it might be subconscious and maybe your dad will help you get rid of the vermin in your subconscious. Wouldn't that be cool?

Peaches, I'm glad most of your group is listening attentively to you... Stick to your guns.

Kiwi... hope you get your extra rooms and that they are beautiful. If I got extra rooms, I'm sure they'd just have more "stuff" in 'em. Hope your cats learn to love the trip to the vet.... Would they stay calmer if you played Mozart or Vivaldi in the car?

My cat has decided that glasses (tumblers/highballs etc, not readers) are for her and is constantly folding her ears back and putting her whole head inside them, but then tipping them over. DH whacked her a pretty good one... and, I must admit, she hasn't done it since.

I wonder if I'd been whacked at the right time (and then cuddled with after) I wouldn't still be capable of eating whole containers of food. :(

I have homework to do after oncologist visit. You can read more here (http://www.journal_to_a_muse.blogspot.com) under "Processing."

Must go get water. Am sunburned from weed pulling yesterday. Miight borrow DH's truck tomorrow and get dirt and mulch so that I can replace the dirt that replaced the weeds with something pretty.

Cowpernia
07-06-2005, 07:38 AM
I see that Painty is still new enough that she doesn't have us all sorted out. Sugar gets the new rooms, not Kiwi. So .. for Painty .. here is a primer.

Sugar is our baby. She's beautiful, brilliant and lives on the other continent. She can argue with school officials in multiple languages and does so when appropriate. She is FROM the most beautiful place in the world. Her idol is the butcher's wife.

Bagz is from the foggiest place in the world. She is an artist and her home is always decorated for the season. She swears, drinks too many margies, never misses church, joins her kids in singing along on the radio, and she's a fan of underage performing boys. She talks cute like Sugar.

Lush, who has abandoned us, WAS tons 'o fun. She would regale us with stories of Satanella, her child's teacher, or what was happening at BINGO, where she volunteers in exchange for school tuition discount. Everything in her house WAS the color of oatmeal. I think that now it's eggshell. We loved her. *sob* She did not talk cute.

Kiwi lives in the woods. She reads, understands computers, has looooong hair the color of amber and is a kind, supportive person when not being sarcastic. She and her dh like to travel by boat. Her dd is widely recognized for her singing and guitar-playing abilities.

Wabby lives far away on the Pacific Rim. Like me, she works, but, unlike me, she owns the business. Wabby is known for her beautiful garden. At her and her dh's business, they hire lots of men. (what a good idea!) and once an Elvis impersonator said she was purdy. I had planned to meet Wabby this summer but changes get in the way.

Now, I must go. We have other people like Cherry who has red hair and accomplshes far more than I can tell you. She does't post much though. Also, we have Muffin who has turned her life around. She posts about twice a year.

Bye. Must go.

Kiwonk
07-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Are you on vacation or something, Peachie?

Cowpernia
07-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Can you smell salt air in my posts?

Kiwonk
07-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Ah, if I had extra rooms, I'd know exactly what to do with them. Heck, if I just had a decent closet, I'd be happy. What I have is a large-looking, but actually small, house. The only storage is a leaky basement and bat-ridden attic.Hope your cats learn to love the trip to the vet.... Would they stay calmer if you played Mozart or Vivaldi in the car?

My cat has decided that glasses (tumblers/highballs etc, not readers) are for her and is constantly folding her ears back and putting her whole head inside them, but then tipping them over. My cats are whiny in the car, but that doesn't really bother me. My problem is getting them both into crates on the same day: the first one I catch must send out silent signals to the other one to go hide.

I used to have a cat that like to play in glasses. He liked ice cubes. I used to put a glass down on the floor and he'd put a paw in and swirl the cubes round and round. Then he'd pull one out onto the floor and play soccer with it until it got lost or melted. He was very entertaining.

One of my cats now actually does like my reading glasses. She sits next to me and swipes at them when she gets a chance. :rolleyes: Not so entertaining.

Well, I guess I'd better go round up the 2nd cat and get ready for vet visit #2. I think I need another :coffee: first.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
07-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Yes, that's it, the salt air. And the squawk of seagulls. You're not out there swimming in the gulf again, are you?

Wabby
07-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Peach, your primer was very informational and extremely entertaining. You forgot to tell Painty about yourself, though. We're waiting.....

DH is having a bad week. He'd cut 8 acres of hay (he wants to be a farmer in his next life). The weather forecast was for sunshine, but being Oregon, it rained anyway. He's not happy.

I'm doing a big bbq for DH's 50th birthday in 2 weeks. I don't have a thing organized. What should I be doing?

SugP
07-06-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm doing a big bbq for DH's 50th birthday in 2 weeks. I don't have a thing organized. What should I be doing?

Umm...maybe making reservations at the local rib joint? :D Are you going to invite 250 people, Wabby? You could have a rodeo or something and dress up all purdy. He'd like that, wouldn't he?

Ds9 stayed home today with a fever. He's such an itty bitty little thing that I always worry about him. :(

I threw out all my *summer 2004* catalogues today. How lame is that? I guess I'm slowly but surely carving out a new room for myself since I don't have a real one. Our house looks small and it is small. Dh thinks it's spacious because he had to sleep in his parents' bedroom in a crappy little apartment until he was 13. Really.

Kiwonk
07-06-2005, 03:28 PM
OO Birfday party! How eggciting! Have you invited people yet? Whatcha gonna bbq?

* Cowpernia is a Peach with a peachie southern accent and a very unsouthern-belle brain. She ain't fat but we love her anyway.

I'm done with the vet. I'm depressed. We are now a family with no income, no friends and no vet. How sucky. I wonder if a puppy would make up for all that.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Puppy would get you out of the house.

I have a friend whose cat developed problems. It hated the chihuahua and then developed the problems. Anyway, on Wednesday she put it in the paper as a free cat (Himalayan), on Thursday she took it to the pound, on Friday she went and got it back.

What are we gonna name the puppy? I know we can't name the grandbaby but the puppy would be ok. I have Altoids in front of me. Would that be a good name? If we leave it to Kiwi, it'll be a fruit.

Kiwonk
07-06-2005, 05:24 PM
or a nut.

Kiwonk
07-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Our past 3 cats have been Orange, Pineapple and Coconut. I think if I name a puppy after a nice Rum, we could have Pina Coladas. Bacardi? Captain Morgan?

Altoid? Curiously Strong!

k

Bagzz
07-06-2005, 10:47 PM
our new kitten is called Mr Congeniality for now---he and Miss New Brunswick are having quite a time together ---they woke me up this morning at five thirty rolling around and meowing on the bed==== i think they were having fun ,but it was annoying at that hour------------don't forget to say that peachers wears poptops and looks good in them------------i like the part about me being a swearing alcho-effin=holic who never misses church!

SugP
07-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Those barbarians (http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20050707/ca_pr_on_wo/britain_explosions) are trying to destroy London. :( :cry: :( :cry:

Cowpernia
07-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Poor Sugar. It's getting too close and they're attacking a beautiful old city.

I can't wait to lose 5-7 lbs and get back in my pop tops!!

We are worried about Dennis. So tired for being threatened by wind.

Wabby
07-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Yes, Sugar, it's another sad day. Why can't war mongers keep it between themselves and leave the innocents alone?

Kiwonk
07-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Good grief, I hadn't heard about the London attacks yet. That's horrible. Vicious inhuman *******s. :mad:

PainterWoman
07-07-2005, 05:42 PM
First things first:

CowPeach, thank you SO much for the sorting out... I am going to make a map and add post it's with the tidbits that I use to keep everybody distinct. (You are ALL distinguished... but I do get the coasts mixed up sometimes, and/or fetishes & drinking habits... Well, sometimes I just get mixed up.. OK? And what wonderful validation you got from the describees... Actually, I'm going to start an excel spread sheet and just add stuff. Kids, birthdays, etc. I don't alwys look at the spread sheet, but I love making them!

You've also left me with some questions:

Wabby-- what sort of business do you and DH own. I am impressed that I know somebody who is mature enough to work with their spouse and who picked a spouse mature enough to work with them! Did you see Bubba Hotep?

Kiwi-- When are YOU going to get a recording contract?

I miss Lush, too.

Baggz, where do you FIND underage boys.. seeing as how you apparently are neither a priest nor a boy scout leader.....underage boys ARE like puppies, they grow up.
Is it sunny there yet? Oddly, it is about 85 degrees and cloudy (but not especially humid) here. Very nice and better than usual for July.

Sug-- will you ever come back? do you ever get to Estonia? I have a friend in Elva (I think that's the name) who would REALLY like a smart person with whom to speak English once in a while.) She made the grocery clerk angry because she actually bought the first fresh celery she'd seen in months and they had too look up the price because nobody even knew what it WAS. (They mostly know cabbage and potatoes, apparently.)

Has anybody else noticed the different response to the London bombings by THEIR security forces and politicians than the US has had? I am impressed at how prepared they were as far as ambulances, helicopters and hospitals. If the terrorists pick on Paris and Berlin, do you think the g8 will get more united?

What a shame. And sad to dampen their enthusiasm for hosting the Olympics.

I am thirsty. I'm meeting a friend for dinner in an hour and a half and am still at work. I'm wondering if I can go there that early and sip water without the wait staff assessing a table-rental fee. It would take me an hour of that time to get home and back..... I could also clean my office or do some fililng.... Nahhhhhhhhhh.
Or I could add to the list of what I wanted to get done this week.

Wabby
07-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Painty, for a minute there I thought you were going to post a list. Do you all remember when Lush would post her list? I miss that. It always made me feel like I was getting something accomplished, vicariously.

I already went to lunch w/ my friend. I love this particular friend. She always, always makes me laugh. She told me the story of going to the senior's center w/ her mom and uncle for lunch, and being hit on by old guys. Then she realized they really weren't that much older than her. eeek. You'd have had to been there. It really was a funny story. This friend and I are going to go on a garden tour on Sunday. I can't wait, even tho rain showers are predicted.

Also for Painty's information: DH & I own a contract glass company, which means we put glass & entrances into offices, retail buildings, etc. He does the estimating and field work, I do the office. That's how we work together, we each have our own territory. Also I think we like each other.

I had the plugs put in my eyes yesterday. So far, so good. My eyes seem a little less dry and look a lot less red and irritated. Another successful procedure on Wabby.

I did the warm up part of a Leslie tape this morning. Better than nothing. I realized I started gaining weight when I quit walking w/ Leslie. It also coincided w/ me eating like a hog. :ink:

This post seems to ramble a bit. It also seems to be all about me, me, me. So what's new w/ you?

Bagzz
07-07-2005, 10:40 PM
EFFIN TERRORISTS---there the poor Londoners were,innocently going about their business,on their way to work and bang------------------total *******s as you say kiwonkers-----------so sad for all those families who have to deal with this========

SugP
07-08-2005, 06:32 AM
Sug-- will you ever come back? do you ever get to Estonia? I have a friend in Elva (I think that's the name) who would REALLY like a smart person with whom to speak English once in a while.) She made the grocery clerk angry because she actually bought the first fresh celery she'd seen in months and they had too look up the price because nobody even knew what it WAS. (They mostly know cabbage and potatoes, apparently.)

Painty - I'll most likely only come back as a widow or a divorcee and neither of those sound very appealing at the moment so I'm hanging in there waiting to win the lottery.

If I knew where Estonia was, I might go there. Ha ha. I know where it is, but I've never been. It's not really on the list of top tourist spots. You know, potatoes and cabbages and all that.

I took ds9 to the doctor this morning because he was still feverish and weak and he was diagnosed with "The Summer Flu" which will go away by itself in a couple of days, thank goodness. And we only had to wait for an hour and a half! He ate some tomato soup with ghost-shaped noodles today so I think he'll live. But of course I now have a big mother of a swollen lymph node behind my right ear that's driving me crazy (the node, not the ear).

I'm watching Sky News to get the scoop on the London bombings. Just awful. Those poor, innocent people. Freaks me out to because it could so easily happen here. Heck, it could happen ANYWHERE. I think Germany sort of feels safe because they don't have troops in Iraq, but why should that make a difference to those whackos?

Kiwonk
07-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Whackos indeed, Sugar. Hope the kid gets better soon, and you don't end up with the same dang thang. The "summer flu" -- sounds like they made that up...
Kiwi-- When are YOU going to get a recording contract?Of what, me whining? :lol:

Bagz finds her darlings on the TV. Canadian Idol, no?

We were supposed to go sailing this weekend. Not sure when we'll actually get down to the boat. The weather is not cooperating -- nothing but rain in the forecast. We might venture down there tomorrow anyway and tough it out in hopes of a break.

Wabby
07-08-2005, 12:19 PM
None of us are safe. If you feel safe, it's just an illusion.

On that happy note.... I need to know somethin'.... this is serious..... do any of you women "of a certain age" (Sugar, you can skip this) have problems w/ your brains working properly? I seem to do alot of forgetting... things like the roof on my car open, deadlines at work, if I've already put shampoo in my hair in the shower... that kind of stuff. I feel like my brain is only working on 2 cylinders. I just have this overall feeling that I'm not the brilliant person that I used to like to believe I was. Maybe that was delusional too. Maybe I'm in a slump. Maybe it's the MS kicking in. I don't know, except that it's really bothering me lately. And no, I haven't done a thing for DH's birthday party. This is another me post.

Sugar, my DD called last night with what she described as "the worst sick I've ever been." So don't think you can quit worrying about them when they're 25. Hope your little duffer gets over it quickly.

Wabby
07-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Youz guys forgot to answer me.

Cowpernia
07-08-2005, 07:43 PM
You're normal Wab.

Would you all please keep an eye on Dennis and pray that it weakens. My friends have all left town or are busy with their preparations. I really miss DS right now. It's headed this way and I'm scared.

Kiwonk
07-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Peachy, I think you should go visit DS. Don't they have parent's weekend? Wish I could hop on down there and help you get the closet ready to sleep in ;) I sure hope it bypasses you this time. :crossed:

Wabby, I feel the same way most of the time. I'm very scattered. I take comfort in the fact that DH is younger than I am, but he's more forgetful than I am.

Apparently we're not going to the boat until tomorrow night. Maybe.

Kiwi, the Vacant

Bagzz
07-08-2005, 10:29 PM
BAGZ THE INSANE WILL ANSWER YOU WABBY----------i can't believe you have the shampoo problem too!!! i really thought i was losing it with that one!!!----WORD on all that you said------------peachers0------hang tight---i will track the storm for you!!! you will be fine darling!!!

Bagzz
07-08-2005, 10:31 PM
SORRY---I JUST HAD TO POST THIS-----ISN'T THIS CRAZY!

450 Sheep Jump to Their Deaths in Turkey

ISTANBUL, Turkey (AP) - First one sheep jumped to its death. Then stunned Turkish shepherds, who had left the herd to graze while they had breakfast, watched as nearly 1,500 others followed, each leaping off the same cliff, Turkish media reported.

In the end, 450 dead animals lay on top of one another in a billowy white pile, the Aksam newspaper said. Those who jumped later were saved as the pile got higher and the fall more cushioned, Aksam reported.

``There's nothing we can do. They're all wasted,'' Nevzat Bayhan, a member of one of 26 families whose sheep were grazing together in the herd, was quoted as saying by Aksam.

The estimated loss to families in the town of Gevas, located in Van province in eastern Turkey, tops $100,000, a significant amount of money in a country where average GDP per head is around $2,700.

``Every family had an average of 20 sheep,'' Aksam quoted another villager, Abdullah Hazar as saying. ``But now only a few families have sheep left. It's going to be hard for us.''

Cowpernia
07-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Horrible. It sounds like Disney meets Stephen King.

Kiwonk
07-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Sheep lemmings, how disturbing. Now, if they'd only had a good sheepdog...

Some thoughts on mental meltdown:
I started feeling that way years ago when I started taking Prozac. I would "forget" to do routine things. I would do things backwards or forget what part of something I'd already done. I found it sort of curious, but annoying. I quit taking Prozac after a few years because it was just making my life suck more, but the vagueness had subsided I think, either that or I got used to it. But more recently I've felt that way more often, not exactly in the same way, just the vagueness, the feeling of disconnect.

Had dinner with the in-laws again. My nephew has 6 tattoos, and he's only been in the marines for a year.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
07-09-2005, 12:28 AM
I don't think I'll illustrate the sheep debacle....

Wabby-- I had a friend who said that until she started doing HRT (especially estrogen) she would forget all kinds of stuff. Of course I've found out that if your family has a history of BC, Estrogen is discouraged. I tend to forget things when I am depressed and/or overwhelmed.... I hope that neither of those things apply....

Cow--- I'll keep my fingers crossed that Dennis goes back to sea and minds his own business. I've had a fun time thinking of other plot twists if Disney and Stephen King DID collaborate.

Sug -- Yeah, Estonia doesn't sound like a top ten destination, does it.

I hope that the London forensic people get some info on the bombs and bombers. DH said he heard they'd found some timers and/or some unexploded ones... so that might help them identify the source. Am I loopy to hope that the terrorists don't have access to very sophisticated weapons... like bioterrorism substances? Serin would have killled even more people than these bombs, I think... but maybe the british bombers AREN'T suicide bombers....

I started my 3FC shawl over... because I didn't like how the other one was draping. Here's a glimpse.

Cowpernia
07-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Kiwi, what I notice here is that young men in the Marines return from other countries with huge collections of tee shirts from stripper bar/brothels. You can see them out to dinner with mom and dad wearing their "The Doll House" shirt complete with pictures that show you what kind of business they do there. A friend told me she threw her son's shirts away but he had MORE.

Thanks Painty. Dennis can go wherever it wants but it would be really nice if he both mellowed out and speeded up. Nobody needs all that wind sitting on top of them for a long period. It's so depressing to think about.

SugP
07-09-2005, 04:00 AM
Keep safe, Peachy!! :grouphug:

Wabby - believe me, I have that memory thing too (shampoo? what shampoo?) and it's getting worse all the time. Sometimes (most of the time) I feel like my head is full of cotton wool and that I'm living in another world. Which I am, kind of. What can we do? Vitamins? Artificial stimulants?

Cowpernia
07-09-2005, 09:58 AM
I think this relates to Wabby's ailment.

EWWWW THAT ask.com but is taking pictures of me... and I can't take him go aWASYYY.. Creepy. ... Ok, I shrunk the window.

I have this good good friend who has been canceling out on me and not being forthcoming about it. Just not calling when she said she would call and we would go to dinner that day. And last night, she was to come to dinner. I got off early, called her and told her she could come early if she wanted. She said she was going to have to ask for a raincheck because she had too much to do for the hurricane. I understnad that completely but I don't understand that she didn't call me as soon as she made that decision so I didn't make preparations for dinner that I had already done. But I didn't say anything. I notice that when I'm around her she keeps telling me the same thing over and over. I don't mean over and over in a row but each time we get together , I hear the exact same complaints. Once I even thought I'd convinced her to "go with the flow" and quit obsesssing over what everybody else is doing (coming in to work late .. even her dh ... business owners) but next time it's a repeat like I'd never heard it.

So on one hand I'd like to say something about the not-calling-me but on the other hand I think she's not in control of all this. What I'll do is NEXT TIME ask her to let me know IMMEDIATELY if she has to change her plans.

Cowpernia
07-09-2005, 10:01 AM
the current weather.com map shows Dennis moving away from Dogpatch.

Back to my friend, after canceling last night, she called right back and asked if I'd like to come to her house for dinner because she had things in the freezer she needs to eat. "So do I," I said.

Kiwonk
07-09-2005, 11:56 AM
She sounds a little ditsy, Peach. Like I'm one to talk.

My kid wrote me an email today in which she told me not to send her articles to read because it's "not cool". I sent her one, in her email. In fact I think it was a link to the article. So pbpbpbt. :lol: I'm such a grownup.

It's raining. DH doesn't want to head down to the sailboat in the rain (well, neither do I), but on the off chance that it clears, I guess I'd better get at that dirty grill I was going to clean. :p

Best book review ever (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/10/books/review/10ALFORDT.html?8bu&emc=bu) Rarely does a book review make me laugh.

Kiwi

Schatzi
07-09-2005, 12:43 PM
A new name..got your attention eh? I just wanted to mosey by to tell you most divine bovines that I just love your dry witty touching and sometime abstract absurdist posts. I’ve followed your chat for sometime now… but , please before the chill begins to crawl up your spine, I’m not Norma Bates … I have stopped myself from posting into your chat since it seems like ummm, there may be some voting or initiation ritual needed to join your thread. I wait your reply after the obligatory background check.

Cowpernia
07-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Schatzi, I really like your name. Anything with a Z in it is good with me. New people used to couldn't post with us because I was too mean but I'm not mean anymore. As far as I know no one else has it in them. Tell us about loosing weight. (must spell it that way!) How long did it take. What strategy did you follow. It's quite impressive. I've been trying to lose five lbs since sliced paper was invented.

You want to explain that 1) dry 2) witty 3) touching 4) abstruct absurdist comment? Surely we are not that deep.

Moo.

Cowpernia
07-09-2005, 01:21 PM
This isn't a dream but last week in my yoga class (did I say I was taking yoga?) I had a vision of a tree trunk and a snake slithering around it flashing his little fork-ed tongue. I am not unduly afraid of snakes so that's not it. Analyze.

Schatzi
07-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Cowie , DahLinK, I didn't know you were the club's" bouncer" but I shall answer the first of the many initiation questions:
My Looooooosing is due to my ability to appease or confuse the scale gods.(Please DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.. it takes a professional)

1st "loooosse" : I offered up a twinkie to the deities............
2nd : after consuming many a beer and hot wings, I did the one legged stork pose (my interpretation of Yoga taught to me by an ancient) upon the alter.. The scale gods looked kindly upon my efforts and awarded me a loss…

Subsequent loses have all to do with my ability to confuse the scale god with aerobic OVER , UP and STRADDLE THAT SCALE movements (again, cannot STRESS enough, that this is only for the intermediate to advance weight loss professional)

When all else fails, a 6 pack of bud and beer nuts seem to humor the Gods…

I am now moooving on to round 2 of the inquisition.. oops..questioning……….
1)"Dry": as in a fine wine ..makes you pucker but come back for more…
2)"Witty": Okay make it snarkiness.. (AND DON’T ASK ME TO ‘SPLAIN SNARKY..I believe "Wonkers" is the literary professor here..)
3) "Touching": Ah well ,blended within the snarkiness (see #2) are posts of humorous angst replied with well, humorous support.
4) Abstract Absurdist comment:

I like the smell of bleach...
I again, await the "cownsel" next group of interegation.(Kiwonk, I have left this crumb of a word to be corrected.).

Kiwonk
07-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Schatzi, fabulous to see a new face, and I like the name too. Reminds of the family that lived in our house before we bought it: they had a daughter named Schultzie Fay.

Do you live in the Pine Barrens like Lushie? Do you post from work? Is that your real photo? We are very curious. Are you planning to stick by that story about losing (sorry, I have that mental block against misspellings as you know) weight by chowing down on the hot wings and beer?

Peachie, that vision as you call it was probably your yoga teacher. They can get into some very weird positions, you know.

We've changed our minds again, and are not going to the boat until tomorrow. I have cleaned the grill, though. What else should I be doing? Besides making Dennis veer away and die?

Kiwi

Schatzi
07-09-2005, 04:34 PM
EGADS ! The name Shultzie Fay sounds as if she is the big blobby slightly slow german! Hmm well okay about 90% of it fits me………………………….. No offense intended toward shultzie
Ah, Lushie , I ‘ve read how you all have “pined” for her .. Sigh, I think she and I would have gotten along well…But I’m not a “Piney” as we “joisey” folks call em.. …….And since it seems like a good seque, (Kiwonk, please correct that word) I thought I was Jersey born,bred till dead ….. but we are in the middle of moving to North “Caroliner” ( Must. Keep. Joisey..Accent)

I don’t post from work, I am happily unemployed till we move,,,,and I settle us in to our new nest..(I might be able to buy a few months by squirting water upon my face, telling DH how hard I am working at creating a new home for us…., but he is a cleaver one).

As far as loooooosing weight (misspellings intentional,simply to annoy you wonkers and appease Cowie) THAT’S MY STORY and I’m stickin with it……
If I pass Kiwonk...I shall now mooooooove on to Round 45 of the Inquistion..NEXT!!!

PainterWoman
07-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Shatzi--welcome... Hope the Jersey Devil didn't scare you out of the woods OR away from the turnpiike. Welcome welcome.

Kiwi-- My DS had the tact not to TELL me not to send articles or forwards... but there are times when i ask him about something and he says, "oh. I probably deleted it... I don't always read those." In other words, it happens. My mother did the same thing... but then she'd spring a pop QUIZ practically and I'd get failing GRADES and THAT was awful.

Thanks for forwarding the book review. I love the ones that have an attitude, but really explain WHY... rather than just being nasty.

Hope y'all got the joke of dubious taste, especially since you mentioned the evils of again, again. Shatzi... if you want to be included in, you can sent me your email address at 4dana(at)airmail(dot)com ;)

Cowpernia
07-09-2005, 07:55 PM
What's the Jersey Devil? Sometimes I feel I need a glossary for Painty's posts. BTW I got the joke Painty but it just made me think of Herbie.

How'd you loose the weight, Shatz? Don't change the subject. I need guidance.

Hurricane Dennis apparently moving away from us. If we got through this without even losing power, I'd feel like Queen of the Barn.

Kiwonk
07-09-2005, 10:31 PM
So there I was scrolling back through past posts looking for Painty's joke and not finding it when I realized I had read the joke in my email not an hour ago. :rolleyes: duh.

Schultzie Fay, incredibly enough, was a cute little 5 year old girl. Yeah, didn't fit for me either; seemed like a cruel joke to play on your own daughter. Her room was papered with cowboys too.

Schatzi is a much better name anyway. And you can call me Kiwi, Kiwonk was chosen only because someone else apparently took my name first. What'll you give me if I correct your spelling? Ah, never mind, I can't pass up a challenge... segue, interrogation, not to mention inquisition and clever. Annoying, eh?

Why on earth are you moving to NC? And whereabouts? I will be on the coast of NC in a week. Not that I'm planning to budge from my perch on the sand.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
07-10-2005, 03:02 AM
My ex was from New Jersey, so I know where to buy the best blueberries and tomatoes and where some of the mob bosses lived (They were the first to have video cameras at their driveways!!). You can read about the Jersey Devil here (http://theshadowlands.net/jd.htm).

Cowpernia
07-10-2005, 03:29 AM
Thank you Painty. I ain't never heard of nuthin' like that.

Cowpernia
07-10-2005, 08:38 AM
I am drinking Red Rose tea and eating buttered toast while the cats and I listen to the Dennis updates. Does everyplace have an extreme-weather condition. I count earthquakes as weather.

I need to post a list.

Things that should not be hurt by hurricanes:

1 people
2 mailboxes
3 cars
4 houses
5 cats
6 other animals
7 roads that are needed by emergency vehicles
8 businesses
9 traffic lights
10 trees

This is weird in a bad way. Friday when I went to work in Ft. Walton Beach, a small city, I could see 50+ buzzards circling. The area they were over appeared to be the hospital but I didn't go check. However, I have never seen THAT MANY buzzards ever. may 3 at a time.

Then yesterday, Saturday, THREE BUZZARDS sat in a small tree across from my house. A pine tree. Directly across from my driveway. I want this Dennis thing to move on.

Let's all share what trash other people throw in our driveways. This week, I had:

1 beer can (Is Natural Lite a beer?)
1 empty Marlboro pack
1 Little Debbie oatmeal cookie wrapper

Come entertain me while I have power.

Kiwonk
07-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Those buzzards are apparently as nervous about Dennis as you are -- imagine the angst that would lead a buzzard to consume beer, cigarettes and Little Debbies! I'm sure they were just waiting for the next people to throw trash into your driveway.

What we get in our driveway:
styrofoam coffee cups
clear plastic sandwich boxes
McDonald's bags

Gotta go shower, pack and gerrouda here. We're going to the boat finally. Last night we had a big storm, apparently the remnants of CindyLou. Kitchen ceiling is dripping as we speak.

Speaking of dripping, did you hear about Sugar typing with an ice cream sandwich? :s: Isn't she adorable?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Now they're saying Dennis could make landfall iin Okaloosa County. That's where I work!!! So it's near where I live.....! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ice cream would make me feel better but the Red Rose tea sure helped.

Kiwonk
07-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Eek! I thought it looked like it was moving over a bit west. Poopie old Dennis.

We haven't left yet. It's not my fault; I've been packed for ages, DH is slowwwwwwwwww

SugP
07-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Now they're saying Dennis could make landfall iin Okaloosa County. That's where I work!!! So it's near where I live.....! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Noooooooo! :( :( :( Last night we were watching the news and they showed the path of the hurricane and I said to no one in particular, "Peachy lives in the Sunshine State, you know,and she's worried" and dh said "Hmm, and where exactly?" and I looked at the map they were showing and said "Uh...let me see...I think it's right there...where they're showing...the hurricane...heading to. Oh. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

We don't have ANY kind of weather disasters here at all. 'Cept for flooding sometimes, but not at our house.

But you will NOT NOT NOT get hit by this. I will not allow it!

Ice cream would make me feel better but the Red Rose tea sure helped.

Tea is a known hurricane deterrent (spell check, please!) You don't see all those English people getting blown around now, do you?

Cowpernia
07-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Thank you, Sugar. I will drink more tea. The power went off briefly. I went outside to move the car in front of the house to protect the windshield and engine and found that branches are already on the ground. Plus a small tree blew completely over and narrowly missed by car. Woulda scratched it is all. But the hurrycane is NOT EVEN HERE YET and it's already awful. I live on the county highway and no one is passing. They're saying on the radio that you need to get your "safe room" ready as the "point of no return" has passed and you should not leave your home. Emergency vehicles will not respond in wind over 45 mph. They'll take your message and get to you when it's safe. It's really eerie.

Sugar when you look at the map, you see a bay next to Alabama, then right next to that another bay that goes parallel to the state. I live north of that up towards Alabama. Blow on that area.

Cowpernia
07-10-2005, 02:05 PM
this is how serious it is WALMART IS CLOSEDDDDD

PainterWoman
07-10-2005, 02:19 PM
We get
1. door advertisements from other people's doors
2. leaves (we are apparently on the low pressure end of the cul de sac).
3. school papers (when school is in session.)

My dead azalea is fending off most anything else. Gotta pull it out sometime today. But it is 89 degrees. Waaaah.

Texas has Hail the size of golf balls (which can break windows and make your car roof, hood and trunk look quilted). and Tornadoes. And Hurricanes in the Gulf.... but here it's mostly Hail and Tornadoes.

I am also drinking anti-hurricane tea and thinking protective thoughts for Cowie.

And I'm going to start a new thread.