Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 02:53 PM   #1  

Default question re snacks ???

Ok i just have a silly question i know that the book says you are to have 3 meals and 3 snacks a day but last night i was really hungry even after my nighttime snack is it ok if i have something else light a light cheese stick or something??? or am i cut off after my meals and snacks have been eaten??? Thanks for the help!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 03:31 PM   #2  
krazy binging insomiac

if you're hungry eat... it'll keep you from cheating in my opinion. lots of people need a nite time snack.... i still don't regularly eat dinner until 9 pm most days and it hasn't affected my weight loss. i usually have a snack when i get home from work 6 pm and then eat my full (although light) meal at 9pm. if its going to keep you from cheating i suggest having a light snack. perhaps start counting your calories for a week to see if you're getting enough. it may well be that even though you are eating 3 means and 3 snacks a day you're not getting enough calories. i know i have that problem. i am supposed to be eating about 2200 calories/day (1900 for weight loss) but only regularly get around 1500.... the only time i got close to 1700 was when i cheated and had a few (um 5 ) beers. that could also be why you're still hungry. or perhaps you're not getting enough protein.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:36 PM   #3  

Our bodies sometimes sense hunger when we're really thirsty. I think it's best to first drink 8 to 16 oz of water, wait 15 min. Then, if you are still hungry, it's not your brain trying to trick you -- so pick a healthy snack to eat. That should also help you begin to discriminate between a "craving" and "hunger".
Old 06-28-2005, 03:08 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

have veggies and plenty of beans with your dinner -- you won't be as hungry later. but if you are, watch out that you haven't had your alloted servings of dairy if you grab a cheese stick!!! I recommend hummus and peppers or other veggies (maybe with some ranch dressing?)
Closed Thread