Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#40)

Sherry
06-27-2005, 09:59 AM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/boat

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
06-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Shelley...Sorry but I can't help you with a crockpot roast recipe. I HATE :devil: roast so therefore I never buy it. Did you look under the WW recipes? I'll look around for you also.

Deelite
06-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Sherry I will sail around the world with you. What a pleasent welcome. I love it. I am glad that you had a good weekend.

Gayle did you have a few to many jello shots....hehe. I hope that you had a great time. How did your mom do without you by her side?

Shelley one of my favorite pork roast recipe for the slow cooker is

BBQ PorK

1 pork roast
7.5 oz Tomato sauce
1/2 c ketchup
1 c chopped onion
1/3 c white vinegar
1/3 c brown sugar
1 t mustard
1 t worcestershire sauce
1 t chili powder
1/4 t salt
4 T molassas
2/3 c water

Combine ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Remove pork and shred with tow forks. Stir pork in sauce and serve.

This can be served over buns or rice.

If you want a simpler recipe by a can or two of sweet and sour sauce pour over roast and cook.

Or for your sweet and sour sauce you could use;

1 c brown sugar
1 c water
1/2 vinegar
1 T soya sauce

Pour over pork and cook same amount of time.

After cooked mix

1/3 c water
1/4 c cornstarch

Cook on high for another 15-20 minutes. Or to thicken quicker microwave sauce.

Sherry
06-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Shelley...I called my Mom to see how she makes her roast. Dee's recipe sounds great though. Mom's is just VERY simple. ;)

Put roast in crockpot, a little water, 1 pkg. lipton onion soup mix, cut up potatoes, cut up carrots, salt & pepper.

mzbhavin
06-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Shelley ...I never cooked a roast b/c i am like Sherry not a great fan of them. Now hubby cooks and he does like Sherry's mom and adds celery and onions tastes good but like i said can't stand it. :p

Hubby does most of the cooking and i don't complain one bit....

It is so dang hot out couldn't take the boys out today...better than snow tho.

Well later gals

;) ;) ;)

ShelleyM
06-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Thanks, ladies! I went to Walmart this morning and bought some cranberry sauce and cranberry juice. I saw a recipe on the WW site using that along with bbq sauce for a tangy port roast. I'll let you know. I hate this cooking thing!!

coles
06-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Shelley you are too funny. I wish I didn't have to cook but we would starve to death around here. Doug is good on the barbecue, and that's about it. Welcome to all the new Floozies I see posting. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_67.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA) I am a lurker. I read all the posts and feel like I know many of the gals on this thread from the postings.
I don't have too much new going. Shelley how does WW on line work? Does it really help? I used to go to the meetings but it wasn't always easy to get to them and then they cancelled the one I was going to.
I need to get motivated or a kick in the butt http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_102v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)I have been working a lot lately, that's why I haven't been posting.
Dee, thanks for sending this wonderful weather my way!
Janice

gdeann
06-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Hello girls!!!!!!!!! I made it home this afternoon after 4 fun filled days of selling ice cream! Actually we worked a little and goofed off plenty!! The concerts were good, no rain this year so it was just hot and humid. People were to the point on Sunday, passing out from the heat, we had three just by our booth that needed help. We stopped long enough to see a few of the concerts up close, I was not impressed with Big & Rich. Lone Star is always good, this was my 3rd time to see them. Oh ya, the 140+ jello shots were gone in two evenings! We kept them at the motel for the after hours party. Shelley, I purchase 1 ounce medication dispensing cups, then we mix up the box jello, instead of using all water, we sub with the booze. One batch was bourbon & coke, I boiled coke, added cherry jello then mixed bourbon and cold cola together. My favorite was this and the Sex on the beach jello shots. (orange/cranberry jello/peach schnapps/vodka)
While we were there, I had a "young man" hit on me!!!! After he found out I was with Steve, he told him then how pretty I was etc. I have a feeling alcohol was involved!! LOL! Anyways, it ended up he graduated last year! I had a kid younger then my daughter hit on me! He must of just seen the movie The Graduate!! LOL!!!
Sounds like everyone did a fine job of keeping the board going while I was away. It was nice to come home and check in on my dear friends! Mom did ok without me, Liz ended up getting her to therapy etc. It was a nice break for me, but now I'm ready to be back home and do what I need to do.

Carol, I am so very sorry to receive the news about your father. I hope he didn't suffer, it is so hard to lose our loved ones. You are in my sincerest thoughts and prayers. Let me know if you need anything.

ShelleyM
06-28-2005, 07:06 AM
Janice-Online is really good if you can be accountable to yourself and nobody else. I happen to be good at that. However, I am thinking about cancelling again because I'm not sure if it's worth it to me, since I have been at goal for quite sometime. As a matter of fact, I asked opinions on the Close to Goal WW board this morning. Have you tried posting over there, just to get a feel about it? You should. They are very friendly and helpful.

Gayle-Of course you got hit on by a younger man!! I doubt he was drunk. You are such a fun loving and beautiful person, why wouldn't he??

Deelite
06-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Vicki you are a lucky one that you don't have to cook. I don't mind cooking most of the times but sometimes I would like a break! You are right about the heat being better than snow!

Shelley how did your roast turn out? Are you getting use to the cooking yet?

Gayle welcome home. I am sure that it was a great weekend for you. You deserve to relax and shoot back a few. Can you make those shooters with diet jello?

Janice it has been cool here the last few days. It is probably heading your way. Hopefully it will warm up again. We have had such unpredictable weather. One minute we are ssweatin' and the next we are wearing gloves. Last night I slipped on a pair of gloves when we went out for a walk and Larry thought I was nuts.

Sherry I have made my roast like that before too. It is really good. So are you all nice and brown from your weekend camping? What do you camp in when you go? I haven't tented in a long time but I just love it.

Well Desiree's place is all set up. She is really surprised how nice it looks. Considering she really didn't have any furniture when she decided to move out. I think that she is proud of it. I can't believe that I have seen her more in the last week than a I have in a few weeks put together. This will be good for our relationship but bad for her pocket book. Still was her choice but I think the right one.

Time for to get dinner on. Bye bye for now.

bootwoman
06-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Carol, please accept my most sincere sympathy in the loss of your father. I know today must have been very difficult for you. Please know that you are being thought of and prayed for during this time of sorrow.

I left Friday and went to stay with Ben for the weekend. We had a wonderful time and it was really good to get away. I've been working Saturdays and staying late at night due to two recent bank robberies. Luckily on the second, the female armed robber was apprehended and taken into custody. We got back every cent of the money, as she was arrested less then five minutes after robbing the bank. She is the same one who robbed the first one, but she had spent most of that money. I had to count it and hand it back over to the bank Vice-president last week. It sure felt nice holding over 20,000 dollars in my hands! You'd think they would at least give me a little reward money! hahaha

Gayle, you little vixen you! You better leave those young boys alone or I'll have to send my vice squad to your house!!! LOL! I think it's great that you got hit on...You go girl!!!

Well, I just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. I've got to get a few more things done before the wedding Friday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Take care all...

gdeann
06-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Ramona, I was thinking of you tonight when I turned the computer on. I didn't realize the wedding was coming up so soon, I thought it was another month or so away. I wish your father the very best. Please let us know how things go and even post a few pics if you want.

Dee, I don't see any reason why one couldn't use the SF jello for the shooters. I know most distilled booze is around 65 calories per ounce. Soooooooo, one could have about 4-6 shooters for around 130 calories.... not bad at all...... Also, the apple jello is the jello brand of extreme flavors~~~ Only one of our grocery stores carry it. Your recipes sound good...I wonder if you could use the SF brown sugar in place of the regular kind to make the S&S sauce??? I may need to experiment...

ShelleyM
06-29-2005, 07:13 AM
Ramona-How nice that you got to spend some time with Ben. I hope the wedding goes well and best wishes to your dad. I know how hard this will be for you, though.

Dee-My pork roast turned out delicious. I cooked it in cranberry sauce, bbq, and a little brown sugar. Probably too much fat for me, but it was worth it. I'm still not getting used to cooking. I hate trying to figure out what to have. The main dish is much easier than the side dishes, though. The good thing is now that I am doing the cooking, I can do it my way and make it healthy and diet friendly.

Sherry
06-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Good Mornin' :wave:

Gayle,
I know that makes you feel so good when you're hit on. Especially being a younger guy! YOU GO GIRL!!!! Everytime I hear you talk about your jello shooters, I think of several years ago when I made them for the first time: I didn't put water....all vodka! :o We wouldn't even eat them!!! :lol: OMG!
BTW: How is the tan? Does it look good?

Ramona,
I'm soooooooo happy that you were able to get away for awhile! You sure needed the rest and the time away with Ben. We're thinking about going soon to CT and spending a long weekend with Chris. I hope the wedding goes well. I know you have mixed feelings. Take care sweetie and try to hang in there! :grouphug:

Dee,
Yep...We tent camp! We rough & tough it! But we did find out that this is not the weather for it right now! We almost died from the heat! Debbie & James rented a pop-up that has AIR! So they should be fine thru Friday.I know Dez is very proud of her new place. I'm sure it will all work out. Your little girl is growing up. ;)

Shelley,
I do all the cooking!! I don't think Wayne even knows where the pots & pans are! I think he & Drew would starve if I wasn't here to feed them!! :lol: I'm glad your roast turned out good! What's for dinner tonight? Can you believe they have had to shark attacks in Fla two days apart? Scary huh?

Vicki,
You're lucky too on the no cooking!!! Wow..What did I do wrong????? :lol: How many kids do you have now? Do you miss the 2 that left?

Hello to all I didn't mention. A friend just came over to visit. Better get off this computer.

Hugs to all...

mzbhavin
06-29-2005, 07:43 PM
H everyone...

Sorry but this will be short and sweet tonite..One tired puppy from the new baby i have...I do get to see his brother that left to start preschool and i really miss him

As for the no cooking ..When we first got married hubby made the mistake of saying he could cook better than me so i told him have at it big boy!!!!. So he has since then.
Now bake i can do well.

Well i will check in first thing in the morning to see how everyone is doing tonite.

love ya

gdeann
06-29-2005, 09:20 PM
WOW! Plain vodka for all the water, Sher???? I bet those were some "mean spirited" jello shooters! I prefer the ones made with schnapps, they seem to complement the jello well.
YEP! A college boy hitting on me!!!! What was cool about it, he did it within hearing distance of a few of Steve's co-workers. While they were striking out trying to pickup young babes in hardly any clothing, I had my main man on my one side & my "toy boy" on the other!!! LOL! :o)

Vickster, I wish you would of been here to set Steve straight when we married... I'm like Sher, I do ALL the cooking. If I'm away, they don't eat or they buy fast food...

Shelley, the roast you made sounds really good!!!! What did you make tonight? I have a four ingredient cookbook, I'll look thru it for some idea's.

ShelleyM
06-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Vicki-That is exactly what happened to me. When Mike and I first got together, he said that he didn't like the way I made something, so I told him to make it and from then on, he did all the cooking. That's been about 25 years. Now I have to start all over again learning. Tonight I made chicken leg quarters baked in the oven with a coating of something that was delicious. It was some kind of seasoned coating with only 36 calories per 4 tsp and no fat. I skinned the chickens, then marinated them in FF italian dressing. I let them sit while I ran. Then I dipped them in the coating and baked for 1 hour. It was wonderful! The girls loved it and of course Mike said it was okay.

ShelleyM
07-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Yay!! I'm off for today and next week! I am planning on running some miles everyday, then doing some type of yard work except for Thurs when we'll be in Tampa. I'm off to do about 5 miles now.

4myloves
07-01-2005, 10:15 AM
It's raining~it's raining!!!

We're leaving to go on our vacation this afternoon. Our plans have changed yet again, but they're set in stone now (I hope--I've already made hotel reservations!). This afternoon/tonight we're driving to Dickson TN--a little "town" between Jackson and Nashville. We're getting up early in the morning and driving to Lynchburg, to go through the Jack Daniels dystillery, then we're driving back up to Nashville to look around and sight see. I don't know yet where we're staying Saturday night--I just though we'd stay whereever we land. We're bringing camping gear, just in case.

On Sunday, I have us spending the night in Asheville, NC. We'll probably spend a couple of hours there During the day on Monday, then camp Monday night in the Smokey Mountains.

Driving from where ever we are on Tuesday morning across Georgia and Alabama into Mississippi to a little town called Bruce, where there is supposed to be a Confederate merchandise store. That's where Stewart will spend the bulk of HIS money! Spending Tuesday night in Savannah, TN, then getting up on Wednesday and going to Shiloh, the Buford Pusser Museum and whatever else is interesting there.

Driving home on Wednesday, from Savannah, TN. Probably get home around dark-ish.

Anyway--those are the plans!

gdeann
07-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Cheryl, have fun on the trip! You guys can call this your honeymoon! Have a blast & check in with us when you get back!!!

Shelley, enjoy your time off of work next week, you deserve it! How is the cooking going??? I made the WW caramel apple salad yesterday along with some marinated grilled chicken breast. I found some turkey cutlets and am going to steal your idea of marinating in the FF italian dressing and coating with the baking crumbs. I wish I had Dee at my house to cook! I worked in the kitchen all yesterday afternoon! YUCK!

I purchased some yummy clementines at the store yesterday. I peeled and bagged so now all I need to do is reach in the fridge. They are so good!

For motivation, check out the living maintenance section. I love going there and reading everyones story about reaching goal and realizing even at goal, we all still are challenged to stay on the right track.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Love, Gayle

ShelleyM
07-03-2005, 11:38 AM
Gayle-What's the name of the 4 ingredient cookbook you have? If the recipes are healthy, I might want to get one.

gdeann
07-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Shelley, it is titled Emily and Linda's four ingredient cookbook. Mine is old, dated 1990-91. I went to their site and they have others listed. http://www.fouringredientcookbook.com/
Most of the recipes are pretty simple and could be adapted using lower fat/lower calorie ingredients. I had forgotten I had it until you mentioned wanting help with the roast.

Big plans for the 4th??? We mowed and did yardwork today so we can take the 4th off and be lazy. Tomorrow we are swimming and cooking turkey burgers on the grill. We will do fireworks in the evening.

Everyone have a safe, happy and healthy holiday!!!!

Sherry
07-04-2005, 11:13 AM
:):) Happy 4th of July!!!!!!! :) :)

Have a happy,fun & safe day!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

We're going to Debbie's for a swim party & cook-out!

gdeann
07-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Where is everyone????

Hope everybody had a great holiday weekend!!!

I'm looking at purchasing a GOOD pair of walking shoes. Checking out reviews on the net and looking at different brands. My shoes are new but just not the right kind, they are making my little footsies tender. LOL!

ShelleyM
07-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Gayle-I've been around, just haven't had much to post about. Make sure you go to a specialty store to get the correct shoes for you.

Becky and I are leaving this afternoon for Tampa, and will be back tomorrow night. I am renting a car to make the trip.

I got my front door painted yesterday. I spray painted it brick color, but it looks more red. Now around the door looks old and s$#%ty!

mzbhavin
07-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Well i posted yesterday but today see it no where in site...Oh that's way it goes.

We had a fun wk/end and relaxing one just the two of us the daughter was gone with the boyfriend and it gave us time to ourselves..Don't happen often enough.

But in a funk b/c my youngest sister has been in town for 3 wks visiting her in-laws and friends now do you think she could have made time for her older sister even for a half a day but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....She called today to cancel out of plans we made and this is not the first time she has done this to me...Question is should a be hurt your D*** right i am and can't understand what i do to make people do that to me..The only reason i don't tell her off or whatever is b/c of our Mom, she is slowly losing reality and my sister goes and sees her every other day and only way to find out how mom/dad doing.....Families can be so disappointing...I always felt i was a nice sister and friend...Maybe i better look at myself again.

Well pity party over so better get off..

gdeann
07-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Vickster, don't let the actions of your sister get you down. I KNOW you are a decent person, it is her LOSS. I have a brother and two sisters who treat my mother, brother and me like poo-poo. I tried getting along for years and have finally came to a realization: it is THEIR problem. I can't help it if I'm related to them...I do know I would never pick them as friends. in my situation, it is better if we do not have any contact. I do feel you need to let your sister know she hurt you, maybe she just assumes all is well.

Shelley, I tried a store today and the sales person told me there is NO difference between a running shoe or a walking shoe. This is not what I'm reading on the net. Sooooooooo, all of you runners/walkers, give me input please!!! BTW: So far I am leaning towards the New Balance or Asics brand.

coles
07-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Vicky - don't let your sister get you down. It sounds like you have done all the right things and it is her loss. I bet when she needs someone you are the person she come to because she knows you're there for her. I have a brother that I don't hear from, but I know if he needs me he knows I'm there for him. We just live different lives and don't have much in common.
It is pretty quiet around here, I think because everyone just has soo much to do. I have been on a low carb diet for the past four days. I usually follow weight watchers but lately I keep falling off the wagon. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_11_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA) I am very addicted to sugar. We low carb there is no sugar so the cravings go away. I'm going to follow this for two weeks and then switch to WW without any sugar.
Dee: Great weather isn't it sure beats snow http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_4_5.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)
I have lost 3.5 pounds in the first four days, I will keep everyone posted how this works out.
Hello to all the Floozies.
Janice

ShelleyM
07-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Janice-Good going on the weight loss!

Looks like Dennis is heading near us, so here we go with the boards again. Guess they'll stay up all summer. Went to Tampa yesterday to visit colleges. I'll tell you about it later.

Deelite
07-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Janice that picture scared the crap out of me. Are you trying to remind me only about 15 more weeks til snow. Yuck I hate reality.I guess that is why I run away from it in winter and spend as much time away from home as I can. Congratulations on the pounds down. Sometimes we need to make changes with our diet if we aren't if it isn't workind. You did a wise choice. I also love my sugar. I know if I take it out of my diet and just eat fruit I don't crave it any more. But the way I figure it, it is one joy in my life that isn't take away from the pain that I have so I have my dessert everyday. I enjoy every bite. The good thing about it is I haven't gain weight I am down 9 pounds since I was in the hospital.

Gayle do what Shelley says go to a pro store for your runners. There is a difference in walking and running shoes. Everyones feel are so unique so for me to suggest what works for me may be the wrong shoe for you. Having said that, I do like new balance though.

Vicki I agree with Gayle. Talk to your sister and tell her you are hurt. She may not have a clue.

Shelley are you getting any rain from Denis? Do you think that you are in danger again?

Sherry I am worried about you. Where are you? I know it is summer and we tend to post less but it isn't like you not to post. Are you ok? I love you.....{{{HUGS}}}

Yesterday was my umpteen visit to the doctor this year. He has ordered another ct scan to see what is happenning to my back. The pain has been getting worse over the last few months. I am so fed up with hurting all the time. It is hard to have pain most of the day. Even though I am on heavy duty narcotics the pain is still there and with side affects. It just feels like this is never going to end. The doctor keeps asking me if I am depressed because when ever he asks me about how the pain is I cry. I am so sensitive to talking about it. I sometimes wonder if I am depressed because this injury has changed our life. It is a big decision if I want to get in the car and go for a ride. Is the ride worth the pain or not? Do I want to take the extra narcotics so I can make the ride? So you see it is tough being housebound most of the time. Not only that I am not able to do a lot of the things I enjoy. So for now being summer I am not going on any more meds. Come fall we will see how I am doing. The doc said that the chronic pain can cause depression and the depression can cause pain, so it is a visious (sp??? excuse my brain for being dead) cycle. So that is the scoop.

Yesterday Dez had a house warming party for Larry's side. She invited everyone. Larry has two sisters and a brother near by plus their families. She was expecting a show of 19 of them coming. Everyone said that they would probably make it. Guess what beside us, Jason and Ashley were there and Larry's mom, plus Larry's step dad and step mom. No one else came. I was disappointed for Dez because everyone indecated that they would probably be there. Larry's family put some money together and bought her a $20 lamp a 12 pk of kraft dinner and a dusting cloth. Larry's step parents gave her $50 plus about $200 or more of avon products. Step mom sells avon. Our non blood relatives Larry's step parents are family because Larry's Dad married Baba got divorced and we kept our Baba. She remarried and we adopted Papa. They are more like family than Larry's family. We are so lucky to have them. They give so freely from their hearts, they have no more than the rest of them. It made Larry's family look so cheap. Enough complaining having said that now you know why I am not close to them.
Well I got to go and do something before the sun sets....lol I hope that you all have a good day.

Deelite
07-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Shelley I just noticed that you posted before I got my message together. I am praying for you. How about where your mom and dad are living? Are they inland more than you?

Sherry
07-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Hello :wave:

Hey Dee. I'm around.Just having been posting much. I know....I should! Been cleaning one room of the house every 2 days. You know...the base boards, windows, curtains, etc. We don't have the money to go to Florida this year because of me buying a car and no money to go anywhere so here I am...CLEANING!! Can you believe that? I'm trying so hard not to get depressed. I'm so sorry your back is still hurting.I wish there was something the doctor could do to finally end your pain! This is unreal! Duhhh...I guess you are depressed! I can't believe the doctor asked you that!! Did he really think you would NOT be??? Sometimes I wonder about those dr's! Take care!!! Love you too!!

Shelley....You've been on my mind a lot lately! I hope Dennis misses you!!! Please take care and keep in touch if you can! You & your family is in my prayers!

Gayle....Did you get new shoes? I was doing so good on walking...then just stopped! Please MOTIVATE me!!!!! I need help!

I have a long distance phone call.....Need to go....Love & hugs to all...

gdeann
07-08-2005, 04:33 PM
HELLO GIRLS!!!!! Yes! I made a shoe purchase today, in fact, I did it while mom was at therapy then I went back to the hospital, put my new shoes on and did a 30 minute walk. I think I am really going to like them!!!! I went with the New Balance brand with a rollbar in the arch area, it helps with pronation control. I tend to wear my shoes out by walking/leaning inwards. I could not believe what a joy walking was with decent shoes! My arch still hurts a little, but I think it is just me. The salesperson was wonderful! He answered all of my questions to the best of his knowledge and he was cute too!!!! LOL! You guys know how I like younger guys! LOL!

Sher, Steve & I was just discussing money. With mom ill, I have NOTHING coming in...long story short, I NEED to get a job but CAN'T right now because of all the other running I do. So, we are making the best of it. This week we have been to cardio twice and the doctor once. We were to go to the doctor again today but cancelled after changing moms meds yesterday. When I shop now, I shop for two households since mom can't get out and to the store. Actually, I do way better being broke then Steve, he really gets depressed. Liz is also scheduled for surgery the 21st, so we keep thinking there goes more money! We should be ok as long as her work pays out sick days etc. Otherwise we will be covering her bills until she goes back to work.

Mom found out she has more fluid buildup on the lungs. Not enough to warrant another tap so she is back on predisone to see if it absorbs the fluid like last time.

Shelley, take care!!!!! Is it storming there?????? I have a silly question... how do you guys board up the windows and keep the outside of the house looking nice? Do you have nail holes or are you covering the windows in some other way? If Steve was doing it, we would have 1" diameter holes, 5" deep, he is a firm believer bigger is better! LOL!

Sherry
07-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey Gayle,
I was going to ask you ealier if you were still giving classes since your Mom has been ill and then I read your post. You sound like us, We make enough to pay bills and nothing much left. Like most people I guess.Somehow,someway we get by huh? When our day comes to win the lottery, I'll remember you! :lol: I hope your Mom does ok with the fluid. Bless her heart. It seems that when she takes a step forward, something sets her back two steps. God bless her! I know I don't say this enough, but she's so lucky to have a wonderful Daughter like you!!!!! :grouphug: Love ya!

ShelleyM
07-08-2005, 07:52 PM
I had a long post, but it got lost in cyber land.

Sherry-You aren't going to Panama City? I thought you were going to go for a couple of days. Anyway, with the sharks and hurricanes you are probably better off staying put!

Gayle-Have you sold any of your crafts at all? Maybe you should try ebay, just to get a little something coming in for you. I am glad that you got some walking shoes. It will make all the difference in the world.

Dee-I am so sorry. I was under the impression that what with the exercising and you sounding like your old self, that you were getting better. I am very sorry to hear that you are suffering so much.

Gayle-Our house looks like crap on the outside anyway, so the boards really don't matter. Maybe someday my house will look as beautiful as I would like it to, but I doubt it will ever look good at the rate we are going. Mike has a frame he nails the boards to. They are all different types of board. We look like our home is condemed when they are up. He hasn't put them up yet, since it looks like we will just be getting maybe 50 mile gusts of wind and rain.

USF and University of Tampa are both awesome schools. It will be a very hard decision for Becky. UT only has 4,000 students, USF has 40,000. UT is in downtown Tampa, 5 miles from my brother. USF is practically a city within itself. She would never have to leave there. UT is private, and all of the teachers have PHD's. It might cost us some for her to go there, whereas USF is a state school and her scholorships will probably cover the whole thing. At UT, she could have a chance to intern with the Tampa Bay Bucs, and the Orlando Magic for the athletic training/sports medicine program. We aren't sure about USF as far as that goes. The 2 schools are so different, but are both wonderful. I really like the quaintness and small classrooms (even fireplaces in the classrooms) at UT. USF is new and all of their electricity is underground, so in case of a hurricane they still have electricity for the most part. It is definitly a party place. Loads of stuff to do at all times. I just don't know which I would rather she do, and neither does she. We are hoping when the time comes to apply that the answer will come to her.

GTG, the winds are getting harder and it's starting to rain. I want to check on all the stuff in the carport.

gdeann
07-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Shelley, take care...let us know your ok when you have the time.

Wishing all the other Floozies a great weekend!

ShelleyM
07-09-2005, 05:02 PM
We are starting to get quite windy. Some rain on and off, but so far nothing much. I made my all time high for a weekly run total- 45 miles! :cb:

gdeann
07-10-2005, 04:15 PM
:bravo: :encore: :bravo:

Shelley, take a bow!!! AWESOME JOB! WOW! AMAZING! 45 miles!

:cheer: I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

bootwoman
07-10-2005, 11:00 PM
I had to work all weekend and I'm too tired to type. I just wanted to tell any of you in the path of the hurricane that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care everyone!

gdeann
07-11-2005, 01:24 AM
I second Ramona's thoughts. Please stay safe and post when you can.

Ramona, nice to see you chickie!!! i miss you when your away. How are things going?

I made a salad tonight that suprised me in taste. I used lettuce, diced cantaloupe, diced purple onion and raspberry vinigrette dressing. It was different from the usual, I'll have it again. The rest of the family would not even try it... boo on them. LOL!

mzbhavin
07-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Shelley....glad that you all dodged a bullet with Dennis..I talked to my dad and he said that he in Tampa got mostly winds and a little rain.
Glad you liked USF ...did you see where my parents live right across from there??
It is a very nice school and area to live..

Well i did nothing this week but lay in bed after falling again in my kitchen. I have a deep bruise hip and sprained elbow/arm and just generally sore all over. I am one clumsy woman. My family said it is b/c i am FAT...now is that nice.

Sherry
07-11-2005, 10:18 AM
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #41............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!! :spin: