100 lb. Club - I met Howie and Kimberley!

View Full Version : I met Howie and Kimberley!

lessofsarahtolove
06-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Hey all ~

Ok, everybody, I just want to go on record as saying that Howie and Kimberley are an absolute pleasure, and completely adorable both individually and as a set! ;) They both give a mighty good hug, too!

Lorraine and I had a great time with Mr. and Mrs. H, and would not hesitate to recommend them as dinner companions. :yes: And just as we suspected -- those two are in love! :love:

Seriously, it was such a gift to be able to express in person how much I appreciate all the support they've each given me. Howie, since I started to lose weight in March of last year (I love you, man!), and Kimberley a little more recently. They look exactly like they do in Howie's avatar -- those smiles are real! We laughed our butts off for like 4 hours. :p As promised, I got a bunch of utterly nourishing hugs from both of them, and at least Kimberley got in a good head-rub on my fuzzy dome.

They were an absolute pleasure! What a totally great start to my getting back on plan now that chemo's done! :crossed: I think there's something almost karmic in that. Or poetic. Or something. :) (Tomorrow's the big day for me! :o )

taekwondomom
06-27-2005, 01:13 AM
It is so cool you all got to meet. Glad all had a terrific time! :)

kykaree
06-27-2005, 01:48 AM
Awwwww I've been thinking of them and you this weekend, glad you had a lovely time. They are one of those couples who seem to spread good will wherever they go. I've missed Kimberley over the weekend!!!

DishyFishy
06-27-2005, 02:37 AM
I'm so pleased you all had such a good time. I bet they have some great things to say about you too. :)

glynne
06-27-2005, 10:39 AM
That is cool that you all got to meet. It is so neat how this site has brought people together.

barbygirl43
06-27-2005, 12:33 PM
that is so awesome. I know all y'all northeasterners planned on meeting but it's good to see some of y'all still got together.

howie6267
06-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Laureen and Sarah are just two wonderful people. They compliment each other wonderfully. I did not really know what to expect from Lorraine but was wonderfully surprised how sweet and kind of person she was. I knew she would have to be when she was with someone as great as Sarah. We just loved meeting you two and could not of had a better time. I mean after all we closed the place down that says something. I think we all thought we would have a couple hour dinner and be on our way home but we ended up spending 4 hours together. I could have talked to you all for 4 more hours.

You say we give you so much support well the feeling is mutual. When I first started posting here last year I could not wait to here what you wrote because it was always such a help. I'm so glad your back now. I was also told last night that Lorraine will be joining Sarah in her journey this time. Plus she is quiting the smokes. That's going to be rough but after meeting her I know she has it in her to do it. You two have been though a lot together and now you can do this together also. You two are a great couple and it was a pleasure meeting you.

P.S we are going to hold you and Laureen to that New York trip. Maybe we could hook up with Jennifer two.

P.S.S Kimberley has a picture of the group last night that I'm sure she will be sharing. All Five of us.

Laureen, Lorraine, Sarah, Kimberley and of course me. LOL

teapotdynamo
06-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Woohoo! So many happy vibes in this thread that it positively GLOWS! I'm glad you all had such an incredible time together. I wouldn't have expected any less from what I know of all of you.

And count me IN if you do a New York trip! It would be a blast! :dance: (Just don't come during the summer, as it's actually pretty GRODY!!! :lol: )

bonnieangel
06-27-2005, 02:07 PM
So glad ya'll got to get together. I would say that it's the start of a beautiful friendship, but you were already friends. This is just the next phase!

Hugs!

M'Chelle

Amanda Panda
06-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Aaaah that's so lovely for all of you - I'm dead jealous, I want big hugs from you all!

Love Amanda x

Gardenwife
06-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey, everyone! We felt like we'd been hanging out with those two for years; we really hit it off and had such good conversation. :)

I am in a panic here...Can't find my CompactFlash card and I *know* it was in my camera on the way home because I looked at the pictures on my camera. Grrrrrr!

Br00klyn
06-27-2005, 11:15 PM
How cool is that?! I absolutely love this board for bringing people together.

I can't wait to see pictures! ;)

I think there needs to be a big 3FC meeting planned again... I'm sure there'd be a great outcome, and I'd love to meet you all! If not a big one, at least maybe a few small ones in areas where people are close to each other..?

Gardenwife
06-28-2005, 01:02 AM
I still can't find my camera's CF card! Talk about heart-breaking! :(

lessofsarahtolove
06-28-2005, 01:05 AM
It's ok......I look remarkably like Angelina Jolie....but with a buzz cut. Yep, I hear that all the time. :yes:

lessofsarahtolove
06-28-2005, 01:06 AM
Uh oh. :nose:

frenchiepolarbear
06-28-2005, 10:52 AM
I think there needs to be a big 3FC meeting planned again... I'm sure there'd be a great outcome, and I'd love to meet you all! If not a big one, at least maybe a few small ones in areas where people are close to each other..?

I second this proposition…. It would be great to see such great people in person. Any place within 6-7 hours drive from Montreal would be fine for me….

howie6267
06-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Us too. We often drive up to 8 hours to go to get togethers from our gardening website. That is how we came to be in Maryland last weekend.

Sarah I knew you looked like someone I have seen and now it all fits in place. Angelina Jolie that's it.

Sandi
06-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Well how cool that you guys got to meet!!! I kow it was just awesome last year when I got to meet Jiff, Jill & Beverly!!!

boiaby
06-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Whaaa! I want pictures! :tantrum: I'm so glad you guys got to meet. I wish we all could, that would be fantastic!

Beverly

alphabetsoup
06-29-2005, 03:42 AM
It's so great that you all got to meet after being virtual friends from some time (I gather). It sounds like you forged a strong bond in person too! YAH!

I'm a member of an online message board for my DD's birthmonth and we've all been together for over 4 years now. I've met probably about 30% (about 40 moms total) of the members - it's always so fun to see them living and breathing, especially when you really click with someone in person too!

Okay, so, Who wants to come to Seattle??! :)

Gardenwife
06-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Howie found my card! It was beneath the recliner, of all places. I'd checked around the cushion and tipped the whole chair backwards to check under it no less than three times. All we can figure is, the card was down in the "works" and made its way down to the floor. Yippee!

I ordered another 1gb card last night, this one a compactflash rather than a microdrive. Isn't that just how it works? We're just going to keep it, though, since I'd been getting errors on the card, anyway, and wanted a backup in case it totally died on us.

I'm off to check my prodigal photos! :D

Gardenwife
06-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Here you go...

L-R: Lorraine, Sarah (the one who looks like Angelina Jolie), Howie & Kimberley

And...

My dinner, LOL! Lobster. It always goes back to food, doesn't it? ;)

barbygirl43
06-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Y'all look awesome. Sarah you look fabulous and Howie and Kimberley are absolutely glowing. Love the lobster too.

Gardenwife
06-29-2005, 04:30 PM
We ladies had Howie blushing SOOO much, I think his face stayed red for several miles as we headed home! Po', po' Howie.

Sheila53
06-29-2005, 05:41 PM
You guys look like you are having a great time! Sarah, I just love fuzzy heads--wish I could rub yours. There must be some good luck going there. :)

Since I bet I'm almost old enough to be his Mom, I can say "hubba hubba" to Howie! You're looking great! And you look like you're having fun being with all those fantastic women.

Br00klyn
06-29-2005, 09:58 PM
You guys look great! :)

Love that shirt Sarah, I have one almost identical... Ah, great minds must think alike!?! :lol: ;)

lessofsarahtolove
06-29-2005, 10:13 PM
Love that shirt Sarah, I have one almost identical... Ah, great minds must think alike!?! :lol: ;)
Thanks, Brooklyn! I'm not sure you can tell in the pic that those are rhinestones -- it's very sparkly at the neckline and cuffs and the fabric is a very sheer, flowy, rayon. I'm such a girl! Is yours like that?

Sheila, I would be quite happy to let you get in a good rub. :) I can't keep my hands off my OWN dome! Now I totally understand why bald men rub their heads! ;)

Jillegal
06-29-2005, 11:37 PM
What a great pic! Its nice to finally see your Lorraine, Sarah, and I think you're looking mighty fine (don't even have to add "considering"). In fact, the hair (or lack thereof) looks like a fashion statement to me - a sort of GI Jane look (except with pretty earrings). As for the Angelina Jolie connection, I doubt you'd be inclined to steal Brad away from Jen now, would you? :D

Okay, Howie and Kimberley, tell us what you've both been doing to look like you're in your twenties when we know full well you're both mid 30s?? Can't just be eating well, exercise and a happy relationship, can it?? ;)

Its really, really great to see your smiling faces all in the same picture!

howie6267
06-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Boy will Kimberley be happy to here that Jill. Most of the time it's people saying how young I look. Now if I told you how everyone would look so young and then where would I be.

I'm upset I did not get to rub the lucky dome. LOL

taekwondomom
06-29-2005, 11:58 PM
Boy will Kimberley be happy to here that Jill. Most of the time it's people saying how young I look. Now if I told you how everyone would look so young and then where would I be.
You and Kimberley both look like you are barely 23 so unless I see some ID young man I cannot believe you are in your 30's.
Now if you shared your secret to a youthful appearance you would be a multi-millionare, that is where you would be LOL!

howie6267
06-30-2005, 12:48 AM
Wow go from 38 to 23 maybe I should sell the seceret.

Gardenwife
06-30-2005, 12:51 AM
No doubt! Thanks, Jill and Laura!

kykaree
06-30-2005, 01:46 AM
What a lovely picture, I can see happy vibes emanating from my pc!!! You all look fantastic.

Jill, someone on another thread said there should be a snort icon for you, I just scared my cat when I read your comment about Sarah not stealing Brad from Angelina! Oh dearie me!

When I win lottery I'll do the 3FC tour of the US and Canada and meet you ALL!!!!

alphabetsoup
06-30-2005, 03:07 AM
What a neat picture! You all look like the bestest of friends! Plus, you all look so slim! Sarah - you look GOOD with no hair! Seriously! I would NOT look good without hair - I think I probably have a misshappen head...plus, I'm really pastey white - I think I'd look like a conehead...um, anyway (sorry) - you look wonderful. You all look GREAT! What fun!

I'm laughing that you took a picture of the food - it looks yummy! :)

Gardenwife
06-30-2005, 04:04 AM
Howie's used to my whipping out the camera in public places like that. ;) The lobster dinner would have been low-cal had there not been butter involved. Oh, and baked brie. And this little thing called... :sssh: :sssh: ....pie.

Hope y'all don't think we eat lobster every day! That's only the second time I've ever had it, and both times have been VERY special occasions. :)

kykaree
06-30-2005, 08:53 AM
I noticed that pot of melted butter next to Larry (the lobster) but as it was a special occasion I wasn't going to say anything. If you can't let your hair down and celebrate occasionally, what's the point? I think the best thing about eating healthy, is when you do lash out, it tastes fantastic, and you remember the meal for ages.

And I do wish you hadn't mention brie........sigh. I don't eat that anymore, coz it's one food I just cannot portion control!!!

lessofsarahtolove
06-30-2005, 11:50 AM
As for the Angelina Jolie connection, I doubt you'd be inclined to steal Brad away from Jen now, would you? :D
:lol: No, Jill I wouldn't! :no: HOWEVER, stealing Angelina away from HIM -- now that's another proposition altogether! :devil: I'd give her back after a bit, because I really do love my Lorraine -- and she needs me so. :angel:

Laura (alphabetsoup,) you were really sweet to say that I look good. I've been feeling just awful about my appearance for so long now.....the effects of the chemo and the regaining of 25 pounds have just really done a job on my physicality-related self-esteem. :^: So thanks! :)

tolose85
06-30-2005, 12:33 PM
You guys are just all beautiful! I can totally see the happiness flowing right through all of you! SARAH! You look so beautiful and "glowing" You'd be trendy and beautiful no matter what. You got it goin' on girlfriend!

alphabetsoup
06-30-2005, 05:57 PM
If I had a meal that looked like that, it would be one of those times I'd wish I had a camera - it looks like something you would see in a magazine! :)

Jenaya
07-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Thank you for the photo! It is really nice to put a face to the name. A get together would be great fun. Come to Canada, its cheaper. How about the Rockies?? Works for Celina and I....talk about heaven on Earth. You gotta come and see it, really, just have to. Five star resorts for those with money, the rest of you can settle into one of the many campgrounds with me. Calgary has a large international airport and is dubbed as being a Canadian/American city. Fantastic shopping! Lots of nature trails. Great gardening (Kimberley, have I drawn you in yet??). Contrary to what is said (although trying not to be political either), the beef is good and the tofu is also fantastic. There, have I covered everyones interests??

I digress...Thanks for the photo. It was great to meet all of you!

Gardenwife
07-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Howie and I would be there in a heartbeat. If it weren't for time and coin, we'd travel the US and Canada much more extensively and meet the friends we've made here and at davesgarden.com!

glynne
07-01-2005, 02:27 PM
That is such a nice picture of you all. I'm glad you got to meet and had such a nice time. Thank you for sharing.