South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 05:01 PM   #1  

Default weigh-ins...how often should we???

Hello, I just started the SB diet and am on my 4th day (I am also new to this forum)!!! So far so good but I am constantly wanting to get on the scale to see if anything has happened weight wise. I havent jumped on since the morning I started so I would know my start weight. I am trying to wait until the end of the first week at least, how soon did you all check your weight status? I dont want to do it to soon cuz I feel I will get discouraged if nothing at all has happened!!
Old 06-25-2005, 05:12 PM   #2  

Smile On day 4 as well

I'm also on day 4. I told myself I would weigh myself once per week, but I just can't resist. I didn't expect to see much difference, but after only 2 days I found that I had lost 5 pounds. Since then I've lost another 2. I don't think it hurts to weigh yourself as often as you feel like. Just keep in mind that discouragement could set in if you're not seeing results. I think it helps to tell yourself that you're not going to see a change at all and then find that you've lost weight.

Christine
Old 06-25-2005, 05:20 PM   #3  

Default Wow!!

Brandyns moom...that is great in just 4 days!!! I'm on my scale first thing tomorrow morning!!! I would be happy to see just 1 pound shed!
Old 06-25-2005, 08:21 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I started a post about this. A lot of us can't resist either and weigh everyday. Others, once a week and I know some who do so once a month!!!!

Me? I'm a scale 'ho so I weigh at least once a day!
Old 06-25-2005, 08:29 PM   #5  

I know when you are changing your WOE that we all feel like it's Xmas morning -and just CANT WAIT to see if all our hardwork paid off...!!!
I weigh myself everyday..but gotta say It doesnt really bother me if Im Up or down.... I know I am eating right, Im exercising and sooo the weight will come off eventual... Im in it for my health,and building muscle and feeling good...
Old 06-26-2005, 07:33 AM   #6  

Talking Down 4 Pounds!!

I just got on the scale this morning and am starting day 5......4 pounds lighter!! That gives me the incentive to keep going!!! I have the SB cookbook and am really enjoying the meals, so is my husband who is not on the diet but likes the fact that he is eating heathlier meals! My kids even like it which is great cuz I'm not into preparing 3 different entrees for 1 meal!
Old 06-26-2005, 10:10 PM   #7  
krazy binging insomiac

when i started the diet (for about the 3rd time) i always told myself i would only weigh myself once a week. but this time i found myself getting a little discouraged after 3 days because i was eating a lot more beans than i had the last time and was worried that i still wasn't losing. so i weighed myself on day 4 .... down 4 lbs. that made me feel great and gave me the motivation to keep going. and i'm just on day 7 now and i haven't weighed myself again. i will tomorrow as it will be one week, but i haven't had the need since that day on day 4.

the moral of this story, i would recommend weighing yourself once a week because there can be lots of fluctuations from day to day, but when you're feeling discouraged and you want to see if its working, weigh yourself. if you've lost its great motivation to keep going. just remember to weigh yourself around the same time everyday. i recommend in the morning after going to the bathroom and before you've had anything to eat. that's what works for me.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:21 PM   #8  
RNMOM

Default I weigh every day....

I can't help myself. I think it helps keep me from going over the edge too far if I slip.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:24 PM   #9  

I would get on the scale about once a week. Thats what i do. And sometimes, depending on how hard you push yourself to work at your goals, you get let downs, so don't get your hopes TO high, but its just natural to wonder about the unknown. But if you cheat and get on that scale too early! lol it might be a letdown because sometimes things don't change in one day. Anyways, Good luck with anything hun and i hope i've helped you some.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:53 AM   #10  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

I weigh myself everyday at the same timeL I used to take the daily weigh ins and average them for the week and used that as my tracker, I think I am going to start doing that again since it was more accurate.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:30 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Everyone weighs differently. I always weigh first thing in the morning (after potty, of course) and record it in Fitday. Sure, I'm up some days and down others but it depends on many factors. If you weigh yourself more than once a day, you are a "scale ho" and will drive yourself nuts because SCALES LIE! Check it out!
Old 06-27-2005, 02:00 PM   #12  
Tina

Welcome to the beach m'dear!

Oh, personally I do weigh in every morning...tried to do it just once a week, but I really did find this keeps me better on track. If I notice an increase, I catch it quicker and can usually correlate it with something off plan I ate or too much of something on plan .
Old 06-27-2005, 02:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Scale Ho here- I weigh myself first thing in the morning after going to the potty and then again right before I go to bed. I think it's interesting how much food and water I've eaten in the day. I tend to be about 3-5 pounds heavier in the evening.

But, in the very beginning, I only weighed myself once a month.

Sarah
Closed Thread