Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 11:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Aaron Austin

Yes, Melissa ... YOUR Aaron Austin! OMG, you guys, go listen to his music!

Melissa, you go straight to him and give him a big hug and tell him someone in Texas is waiting for him to have a CD released!!

We have got to get the word out about this guy! Put your thinking caps on, people!
Old 06-25-2005, 11:37 AM   #2  

Tell him something else too -- the story about the "imperfect bowl" made me cry.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:52 PM   #3  
Closed

I'm with ya Kath....I thought it was soooo impressive!!!
Loved it!!!! Thanks for sharing Melissa....I posted on the Core board too.....
Old 06-25-2005, 03:09 PM   #4  
Melissa

Talking

Gosh thanks you guys!! I about flipped out when I saw a thread with my husband's name! I really appreciate what you have said. I think he's the best but he says that I'm biased. I guess I am, but I still think he's really good. You are too sweet! Makes me want to cry...but in a good way. Kathy you've made me beam!!
Old 06-25-2005, 03:12 PM   #5  

You can tell him I'm not biased! I listened to "Lines" a few times, then read the story of how he thought of the song while driving in N.C. My sister lived in Asheville for many years and I love that area, BTW.

In my very humble opinion, he needs to find the right people to launch him and then he's set. He's a pro, and just doesn't realize it yet.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:29 PM   #6  
Melissa

OK I was just checking in with DH about the website. He is in the process of moving his mp3's to another website, either purevolume.com or myspace.com because of space limitations on his website. There used to be 4 or 5 songs posted on the website and now there is only one. You would think that I would know these things.
Thanks Kathy for saying that. I really feel like one of these days he will be able to make a living from his music, in what capacity who knows??
Old 06-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #7  

The line that really spoke to me was the one he said he had to cut from the song ... "the straight and narrow isn't always straight ahead."
Old 06-25-2005, 03:40 PM   #8  
Closed

I did want to say I think Aaron sounds a lot like Billy Dean (Country Singer) I just love Country music.
Great great music Aaron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep 'em comin'
Old 06-25-2005, 09:45 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, I'm not a country girl but I can tell that Aaron has a pure good sound to his voice and obviously he's a talented songwriter. I wish him good luck if music is one of the joys of his life.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:26 PM   #10  
Melissa

You guys are so sweet. I told Aaron everything that you have been saying and he says !! And I have to add that Aaron is really not country at all! Although I can see why you would think that w/that song. It has kind of a country twang to it. Don't tell him that though. Hopefully he will get some more songs uploaded soon. Thanks for your encouragement and interest you guys, it really means a lot!!!!
Old 06-26-2005, 08:27 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sorry, Melissa. If it's not Rock N Roll, then I'm bad at identifying it! I won't tell Aaron if you don't!
Old 07-05-2005, 09:17 PM   #12  
Melissa

If anyone is interested, Aaron has posted a couple of songs at the following website. He doesn't have enough space on his website to host a lot of music. He will be adding songs to this site in the future too. One of the songs that he has on there, "Can It Be", is from a musical that he wrote and our church performed last year. Just in case you would like to listen!!

http://www.purevolume.com/aaronaustinband

Last edited by septembersgoal; 07-05-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:07 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

melissa, i tried but my computer wouldn't play it for me. i wish i could hear it.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

I heard there is going to be some sort of American Idol online? Something about you can have your songs listened to online then people vote and then I forget what you win. If I can find any info on it; I'll post it here.

Lisa
Old 07-06-2005, 12:50 PM   #15  

I heard something about that too the other day. I think you pay like $50 to enter, and they guarantee your song will be played a certain number of times on the air. I can't find anything about it though.
Closed Thread