Support Groups - Counting down from 100

View Full Version : Counting down from 100

starcity
06-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Welcome! This is a support group for people who have over 100 pounds to lose. Let's share everything from our frustrations and triumphs to our weight loss plans and recipes. Think of this as your second home.

I think Felicia said it best when she opened this thread at our past location, "This is where we can talk, vent, laugh, cry, and just share what ever we want. Hopefully we will all be on the same page and any tears will be "tears of joy" because we are all doing so great!"

That said, let the games begin! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you'd like to join this thread, please fill out the following survey so we all can get to know each other better! One-on-one emails and PM's are fantastic, but I'd also love it if we each could share some of the same knowledge and information about each other. I thinking knowing where we come from and where we want to go is a great foundation to lay for this support group. Newbies are always welcome!

First name:

Geographical location:

Marital Status:

Children/Ages:

Pets:

Hobbies/Interests:

Height:

Eye/Hair Color:

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:

Starting Weight:

Present Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:

Following any specific plan:

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

Something you're passionate about (besides food):

Worst craving(s):

Favorite healthy thing to eat:

Favorite type of music:

Favorite movies:

Favorite TV shows:

Last book you read:

Last thing you ate:

Last time you exercised:

What are some of the things you can't wait to do after you reach your goal weight:

Anything else you would like to share with us:

An Inspirational Quote:

starcity
06-25-2005, 09:35 AM
First name: Kristy

Geographical location: Near Kansas City, KS

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None, but I have two adorable nieces ages 2 & 4.

Pets: A Golden Retriever and 2 adorable kittens

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Art, Interior Decorating, My Family, Reading, Music and Movies!

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes and light golden brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: (my whole life)... but truly June 20, 2005.

Starting Weight:340 lbs

Present Weight: 338 lbs

Goal Weight: 170 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: All my life food has been linked with every emotion. Food is a part of celebration, loss, happiness, stress and even social activity. I need to completely restructure the way I use food and lighten its prominence in my life.

Following any specific plan: I just signed up for Kathy Smith's Project You exercise program. It hasn't arrived in the mail yet, but I'm looking forward to it. This summer I'm committed to Tuesday and Thursday morning water aerobics. Otherwise I'm using a combination of plans and trying to tailor them to suit my needs.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It seems like I've always waited for the perfect day to address this problem, but there is no perfect day. This time my mindset is different because I know that in my current body I cannot live the life that I've always dreamed about. Just daily activity wears me down and I no longer find that acceptable. I'm ready to "go to the mattresses" and conquer my life-long struggle with weight for once and all!

Something you're passionate about (besides food): Seeing new places and trying new things. I love exploring other cultures and diving into different approaches people take in life. I'm passionate about being honest and finding truth and beauty within everything and everyone I come across.

Worst craving(s): Salty and sweet at the same time. I love potato chips followed by chocolate. But my true craving is for soda pop. Pepsi and I go way back.

Favorite healthy thing to eat: Apples are fantastic. They're sweet and crunchy. I also love carrots. As a kid my grandma used to tell me to eat my carrots because they are good for my eyes. Ever since then, whenever I eat a carrot I imagine that my eyes are getting bigger and more beautiful.

Favorite type of music: I'm an eclectic kind of gal. Tegan and Sara are Canadian twins that are my all-time favorite...but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Harry Connick, Jr. I could spend hours talking about music. It's one of my passions!

Favorite movies: I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. The more cheese the better, but my taste in movies is just as diverse as my taste in music. A favorite is impossible for me to list.

Favorite TV shows: Do I have to admit? I'm a WB fan. I love 7th Heaven, Everwood, Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill. I also got into Lost and Two and a Half Men last season. (During the winter I watch way too much tv! It's how I unwind)...

Last book you read: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (sometimes it's good to go back and read those classic young adult books).

Last thing you ate: Last night I had an apple for desert (it was that or a bowl of ice cream -- and I took the healthy route. Woo hoo!)

Last time you exercised: Just about 12 hrs ago before going to bed.

What are some of the things you can't wait to do after you reach your goal weight: LIVE! BREATHE! PLAY! I can't wait to fit into an airplane seat or a tight space comfortably. Daily life will be ten times more better when I can move about without feeling exhausted all the time. To play with my nieces and really run with them will be fantastic. I could write one thousand things here that I can't wait to do, but they all come back to one thing -- I can't wait to feel alive and active and like I can finally participate in the world...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am excited to have found a community here full of other people who are struggling with similair issues. I'm also completely dedicated to providing encouragement and support to anyone else on this path who needs help and motivation. I wish you all the best -- and good luck on your journey to the good life...

An Inspirational Quote:
Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." ~ Anonymous
How long should you try? Until. ~ Jim Rohn

Let's have courage...and keep going UNTIL!!!!

Naughtyangel
06-25-2005, 09:50 AM
[B]First name: [COLOR=Navy]Felicia

Geographical location: Flordia

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages: son (8)

Pets: 2 Turtles

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, T.V, Losing weight

Height: 5'4?"

Eye/Hair Color: DK brown w/ red hair/ DK brown eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Restarted on May 15, 2005

Starting Weight:267

Present Weight: 245

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating....not giving up

Following any specific plan: my own

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I know what will happen f I give up and my health has become a problem.

Something you're passionate about (besides food): my family and shopping ;)

Worst craving(s): at night (after 10pm) anything and everything

Favorite healthy thing to eat: salads....all veggies

Favorite type of music: R&B and hip hop....I like most music but not country

Favorite movies: Harry Potter, The best Man, Legally blonde 1 & 2.....

Favorite TV shows: Gilmore Girls, The OC, Nip/Tuck, House, Everwood, One tree hill, Kevin hill, Real world, How do I look..........I can go on and on! :D

Last book you read: "Spiderman" (kids book) I am not much of a book reader.....I read lots of magazine articles. My son and I are going to start the new Harry Potter book soon.

Last thing you ate: Sliced green apples (snack)

Last time you exercised: Tuesday. I know, I know....I need a kick

What are some of the things you can't wait to do after you reach your goal weight: Go shopping for clothes in a size under 14 and go to the beach and wear a swim suit

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have plans for a new tattoo when I reach the weight I was at 2 years ago!

An Inspirational Quote: "one moment on the lips, Forever on the hips.....you are strong so don't let food break you"

squiggly
06-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Okay, I'm just checking in. I don't have time at the moment to fill it all out. I just wanted to get on and tell you that this is a wonderful idea. I read all the posts from the subsequent thread. I'm looking forward to reading more and think this is going to be an awesome thing. I will email the profile thing the first chance I get. I've been on the computer way to long this morning. I"m sorry. I did weigh in this morning. I'm still at 254 and I did lose 1.5 inches. I didn't lose the weight probably due to the pop.

squiggly
06-25-2005, 02:16 PM
First name: Shelley

Geographical location: Peru, Indiana

Marital Status: Married for ten years to Jason

Children/Ages: Jakob; age 9

Pets: 2 cats-munchkin and zip

Hobbies/Interests: spending time with my family, playing on the computer, reading

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: eyes-blue; hair-dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: actual Mar.12th; new start on June20th

Starting Weight:261

Present Weight: 254

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: pop addiction and portion control; i have the hardest time eating the right things.

Following any specific plan: moderation and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: motivation and determination; just today I got my family to agree to eat healthier :cp:

Something you're passionate about (besides food): taking care of my son; doing things to make his life at home memorable; i lost my mom at age 19 and all I have are my memories. I want him to have good memories when he no longer has me which won't happen for years. I want him to be able to tell his children that he had a good life growing up.

Worst craving(s): pop, pizza, and tacos

Favorite healthy thing to eat: chicken

Favorite type of music: old 80's rock; and country; best band in the world to me is Motley Crue

Favorite movies: Grease; I like all the sappy girl movies as well

Favorite TV shows: i'm a reality buff; i like American Idol; real world and the true life documentaries on MTV; i don't get involved in to many shows

Last book you read: I am in the middle of reading the new Cassie Edwards book. It's been a few days and can't think of the title. Awful huh?

Last thing you ate: 2 hot dogs without the bun with a tad bit of spanish sauce about an hour ago

Last time you exercised: 15 min on the elliptical 30 minutes ago

What are some of the things you can't wait to do after you reach your goal weight: be able to shop in the smaller size departments in store and to say goodbye to the plus sizes; take my son to Cedar Point and ride the rides without the worry of not fitting on a ride

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a good person and am very supportive. I consider myself reliable. I do need an occasional kick in the butt and can take constructive criticism. I'm ready to do this and need to do this.

An Inspirational QuoteOff hand I can't think of one. If I see one, then I will let you know. SOrry!

Sweetloml
06-25-2005, 02:39 PM
First name:April

Geographical location:San Jose Ca

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages:Son 5yrs - Georgie

Pets:Mouse named Dora

Hobbies/Interests: Making Friends, reading, picnic with son at the park or living room, dancing. New hobbie is to get out more and get a new one.

Height:5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown, brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:06/21/05

Starting Weight:202

Present Weight:202

Goal Weight:140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Not to stop once I get going - and not over exercise and get sick then stop.

Following any specific plan: No - Just eating healthy and exercising.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I just don't want to be heavy anymore. Also weight more than my husband and he is tall at 6'8".

Something you're passionate about (besides food):My family

Worst craving(s): Ice cream

Favorite healthy thing to eat: All vegi and fruit - love them just lazy

Favorite type of music: 80's

Favorite movies:Lord of the rings (all), Goonies, Indiana jones, most scary movies also.

Favorite TV shows:House, sponge bob, Tolley spies, Hmm ok I watch too many kid shows.

Last book you read:Lord of Chaos from Robert Jordon - been a while

Last thing you ate: healthy choice - I did not want to cook last night - Woot!!

Last time you exercised:

What are some of the things you can't wait to do after you reach your goal weight:Wear a dress or a tank top and not feel heavy in them.

Anything else you would like to share with us: /hug

An Inspirational Quote: Hmm can't think of any right now

squiggly
06-25-2005, 03:11 PM
I just felt like sharing this with everyone. My husband and son have been supportive but this morning we had what I would call a breakthrough. My husband and I actually got into an argument. He's getting upset because I'm getting on the computer so much for support when he says that I should go to him and my son for support. It doesn't do any good to tell him that he doesn't understand the ups and downs of losing weight. He thinks he does. Well, I had put some stuff on the wall next to my elliptical for what I feel is a huge motivator for me. He thought it looked tacky and made me take it down. I got very upset because I didn't see that as support. WEll, it caused us to get into a huge conversation on what it would take for him and Jakob to support me. To make a long story short, we are going to start eating healthier. They are going to watch drinking pop in front of me. I had gotten a 44 oz mt dew this morning and after drinking half of it I gave the remainder to my son and grabbed a water. I was going to take a day off from my elliptical but my husband made me get on the elliptical for 15 minutes. He told me that if I take one day off then it'll be the start of a bad trend. He says this from previous experience. I agreed and went and did 15 minutes. I couldn't do 30 today because of the sleep deprivation from last night.
How would everyone think about making Saturday's weigh in days? I always weigh on Saturdays as my official weigh in. I'll be honest. I do weigh in on other days but don't count them as offical until Saturday and that is when I record my weight. I weighed in at 254 this morning. I'm also setting goals for this week.
My goals are:
1. drink 60 oz of water daily
2. Use my elliptical 30 minutes daily
3. Keep my calories between 1500-1700
4. Limit my pop to no more than 20 oz daily.

I'm more than determined to make this work. WE can do this everyone!!!!

Naughtyangel
06-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Hello everyone

I have been gone most of the day....doing the movies, mall and picking up a few things for the house. I did do what I said and I finally got the Harry Potter book........I guess that was really half the battle, let's just see if I actually read it. LOL

Okay I got on the scale this morning and I am down 2 pounds.
My husband has been gone all week....he is out to sea. He gets home on Monday so I am not sure if my eating will be better or worse. I am happy to say that i have managed since May 15th to make sure I don't make my dinner plate match his....LOL

Shelley- I am ik with weighing in on Sat. Sorry about you and your dh, you know I understand how they can be. It is a great idea about putting up motivational stuff around you. I actually bought a note book that is small enough to fit in my purse. I write quotes in it and I have taped some pics in it to remind me of how I look and what I want to look like when i am done. The good thing about this notebook is that I can take it where ever i go and it will always be there when I need it.
Oh and one more thing....we all need to try to help you with your pop addiction (but that's great that you put down the 44 oz before it was gone). I am very proud of you!

Kristy- How did you do this week?
It looks like you and I need to jump on the computer or go for a walk or something when times get tough. I think that emotional eating thing is the worst....I often wonder why I couldn't be the kind of person who can't eat when i get upset. That would make things easier on me for sure.

starcity
06-26-2005, 12:31 AM
Shelley and Felicia I'm so glad you both found your way here! And welcome to our thread April!

Shelley: I am so excited for you that your husband had a break through. Support from that end will triple your success! I think the official weighing in on Saturday is a great idea, right along with setting goals for the week. That way we can definitely hold each other accountable. Fabulous idea! And way to kick it up and get on that elliptical machine even though you were going to take it off! With that determination you'll be seeing thin sooner than you think. :)

Felicia: Congratulations on the 2 pounds lost! I'm sure your eating will be great even after your husband gets home because surely you'll want to impress him with how well you've been doing. I also can't wait for the new Harry Potter book to come out! And can I just say you have great taste in tv shows. Don't you just love the WB? :) Keep up all the great work!

April: I loved reading your survey. I also love all the LOTR movies -- I can't believe I didn't put that on mine. Feel free to jump in any time and tell us how you're doing!

As for me. Let's see. I have a dilemma ladies. I actually gained 7 pounds this week and am weighing in at 345 lbs today. This makes no sense to me what so ever! I used to be a very sedentary person and adding in the two days a week of pretty intense water aerobics has been a big step. (I've been doing this for three weeks now). This past week I did my water aerobics and even exercised two other times...yet I gained all this weight. I don't want to be a slave to the scale, but it truly baffles me.

About a month and a half ago I began to notice a swelling in my feet and ankles. I think my body has developed quite the case of water retention. Swimming is supposed to help alleviate this, but it hasn't gotten any better. I'm feeling more healthy and part of me believes that these seven pounds are just fluid... It's discouraging, because I've been doing the work, but I went in the opposite direction.

I'm going to keep on keeping on, though. I'm going to turn this "set back" into motivation. Consequently, here are my goals for this week:

1. To take my measurements and get a picture of myself at my current weight. (This seems so simple, but I've yet to do it. I want to record my current body so I can look back on it and smile widely at how far I've come once I reach my goal).
2. To drink 64 ounces of water daily.
3. To workout for one hour at least 4 times this week. (Two days of water aerobics, one day of land aerobics/cardio and one day of toning/flexibility). Extra bonus points for myself if I can bump it up to five times this week.
4. To begin a weight loss journal in which I record every single morsel of food or liquid I put in my mouth along with personal thoughts, progress, etc...
5. To only drink two 12 oz. cans of soda per day.

On that note, I'm off to bed. I look forward to this week. Putting down goals in black and white is really fantastic, because I can already see myself succeeding. This I can do. One week, one day, one hour, one minute at a time. May the force be with you (sorry, I watched Star Wars today)... :) Ciao for now...

Naughtyangel
06-26-2005, 11:16 AM
hello everyone

I hope this day goes by fast. Sundays are usually the most boring days for me. I am planing to get out and get some exercise in so hopefully I will be able to say that I did it.
As far as food goes....I had a cup of oatmeal with nuts and no cal butter sub/ and some fresh fruit. Now I am drinking some crystal light. I hope lunch will be this successful

Kristy- If you are feeling better and doing everything better than before......I am sure you are losing. You may be gaining muscle. I know how that water weight can be too, at one point I was 10 pounds heavier and the dr gave me something to get rid of the water retention and I was 10 pounds lighter the next day.....it's crazy, so don't let it get you down. Keep up the good work and I am sure you will see that scale move soon enough.

It looks like we may have lost a couple of people with our move. I hope they are just busy and will find their way here soon.
I took some before pics and my measurements last night so now I just need to list my goals for the week, right?

1.) Drink more water.....at least 40oz (I know I should drink more so I will increase this goal as the weeks go by)

2.) Exercise at least 3x a week

3.) No snacks after 8pm

4.) Go to sleep by 12am (this is going to be a hard one but I need to start getting up eariler)

Oh hey Kristy......have you checked out www.Fitday.com as far as food journals go? I think you can also track your exercise and goals on there. It's pretty cool, I registered but I have not used it yet.

starcity
06-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Good morning friends! Can I just say that it is noon and I haven't even had a sip of soda! It's normally the first thing I have when I wake up. I don't like coffee, so a can (or two) of pepsi has always been a part of my morning ritual. I also fufilled part of one of my goals for the week -- I finally took my measurements. The numbers suprised me -- they were even bigger than I could have imagined. It turns out I have an hour-glass figure, but you just can't tell because of all the fat in the way! :lol:

Felicia, thanks for the encouraging words and recommending www.FitDay.com -- it's awesome! It's the exact thing I was looking for and didn't even know it. So, thanks! Your breakfast also sounded really healthy. I had a cup of whole grain mini-wheats with banana slices in it. Breakfast is truly my hardest meal of the day. I hate eggs and normally breakfast is whatever I can eat in the car (such as muffins or bagels)... My mom recently read that if you eat whole grain cereal every morning for at least three months, your blood pressure will drop. I don't have high blood pressure, but I come from a family that does. So I'm really going to give this whole grain cereal approach a try. It sounds good to me and coupled with healthy fruit it sounds great to me!

Keep it up! Hope today is full of success for you!

squiggly
06-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Hello all!!!!

It sounds like everyone is doing good. I use fitday everyday to count my calories and I love it. I get on there everytime that I eat.

Felicia: Good job on losing the two pounds!!!!:bravo: You are doing great. I'm glad that you are concentrating on you. It is better when you do things for you and not for someone else.

Kristy: Sometimes your body freaks out when you start something new. It'll take time to catch up. Mine did it last week when I started the elliptical. It freaked and added two pounds. Be patient. You'll start losing soon.

I've done well the last couple of days. I only had 20 oz of mt dew yesterday. I'm going to have no pop today. I have decided to go cold turkey. I can't continue to do what I'm doing and lose weight. It just isn't possible. I had only 1711 calories yesterday. Today I'm on target for only 747 calories. I know that it isn't enough but most of my cals come from pop so it will take me a while to get the calorie thing situated out. I'm hoping that in the process my body thanks me by dropping me below the 250 mark. I want to say goodbye to the 250's so badly. I'm tired of seeing those numbers.
WEll, I need to go. I promised hubby that i would limit my computer time.

quyana21
06-26-2005, 07:16 PM
I found the new thread :) I was very busy all day yesterday with work and a birthday dinner afterwards. We went to Chilis for my brother-in-law's 30 birthday. I chose the lettuce wraps as my entree, which seemed a good choice to me.
Anyway, here is a little info about me.

First name: Karla

Geographical location: Rhode Island

Marital Status: Engaged :)

Children/Ages: Stephen/20 months

Pets: cat named Honey

Hobbies/Interests: reading, playing computer games, hanging out with my family

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 2005

Starting Weight: 244

Present Weight: 242

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying motivated after the first couple of weeks

Following any specific plan: just watching my portions and making healthier choices

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm looking for support, rather than trying to do it on my own

Something you're passionate about (besides food): my baby

Worst craving(s): crunchy, salty foods

Favorite healthy thing to eat: any type of fruit, carrots, pickles

Favorite type of music: rock alternative

Favorite movies: Moulin Rouge

Favorite TV shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Last book you read: War of the Spider Queen, Insurrection by Thomas Reid

Last thing you ate: Chicken and Rice

Last time you exercised: So far back I can't even remember

What are some of the things you can't wait to do after you reach your goal weight: buy some cute clothes, surprise my family with how good I look, mainly be happy that I don't look like a big blimp

Anything else you would like to share with us: We can do this!

An Inspirational Quote: To accomplish great things, we must not only dream, but act.

quyana21
06-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Just a quickie

Kristy: Somebody once told me that when you start exercising you build muscle, which weighs more than fat, so you may gain a bit in the beginning...but the weight soon starts dropping after because muscle burns calories even when not actively used. Don't quote me word for word, that just how I understood it. LOL

Felicia: That's great losing 2 pounds! I weighed myself a little earlier to find my current weight and I lost 2 pounds too :)

Shelley: Good luck quitting the pop cold turkey. Have you thought of getting diet mt dew to help ease the transition of not drinking it anymore?

I hope everybody is meeting/exceeding their goals. I have to think a bit and see what my goals are.

Naughtyangel
06-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Glad to see you made it Karla and congrats to you too on losing 2 pounds this week. Great job!

So my eating was fair today. I had some very low fat tacos for lunch (no cheese or sour cream)......the only fat was the meat (Carne asada) which was also protein so I am sure that was ok. I had soup and salad for dinner.

I did eat after 8pm but it was not on purpose. I was eating a rice cake at 7:45p and I got a phone call and I forgot about it and when I got off the phone I finished it and I looked at the clock and it was 8:20p. Oh well, you can't win them all.....LOL
I did however manage to get in some cardio. I went for a 20 min walk. I know thats not much and I know for a fact that I could walk for atleast an hour but I want to start slow. I will pick it up next week, I promise.
Oh and as far as the water goes......... ;) lets just say I got in 32oz but the night is not over yet!

So.....I have a ???? what does everyones screen name mean or how did you come up w/ it. Mine is easy in a way. I lost my sister a few years ago and I feel like she is my guardian angel and she is now a big part of me but we were always so different. She was the goody goody with the grades and I was the one who could care less, always in trouble and liked to run away. So I thought a good way to describe me would be Naughtyangel.

I hope your day was a success.......BYW, does anyone here drink crystal light??? I love that stuff at 5 cals a glass.

squiggly
06-27-2005, 12:26 AM
I had an excellent day. :dance: I'm doing a happy dance. I went pop free. I didn't have a single drop. Yeah!!!!!! :cb:
I got my screen name because of my job. You can't laugh because my job actually does this. Here goes. I'm a cashier at Wal-mart. They have a cheer that goes. Give me a W; Give me an A, give me a L, then the little line inbetween the L and M is called the squiggly. Hence, my screen name. Yes, on occasion, we have to do this silly cheer. I couldn't come up with anything for a screen name so that is what I use.
I also did well with my calories and all. HEre's what I had today:
2 salmon patties
1/2 cup mac and cheese
3/4 cup ice cream
lettuce salad with croutons and fat free Ital dressing
Calories: 1083
Fat: 52
Carbs: 108

I drank 160 oz of water. I feel like I'm ready to float.
I did only 10 minutes on my elliptical today. I have a bad ankle and it was hurting today so it was hard to get the exercise in.
I hope everyone is having a good day.

Vanessas
06-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Hi Guys,
Sorry about the weekend and for a bit there i thought i lost you guys...but i like out new home :D
Good to see everybody is doing good and the i like Saturday at our official weigh in.
Anyways here goes:
First name: Vanessa
Geographical location: New York

Marital Status:Married for 9yrs

Children/Ages: 2 boys ages 6yrs and 2yrs

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: reading, crafty stuff and shopping

Height: 5ft 5"

Eye/Hair Color: green/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 05

Starting Weight:275lbs

Present Weight: 246lbs

Goal Weight: 175lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating, bingeing

Following any specific plan: not really

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Determination

Something you're passionate about (besides food): my kids and shopping

Worst craving(s): food

Favorite healthy thing to eat: fruits

Favorite type of music: little of everything

Favorite movies:

Favorite TV shows: desperate housewives, CSI,

Last book you read: Dr Phil 7 keys to weightloss

Last thing you ate: bread and peanut butter last night

Last time you exercised: 15min ago

What are some of the things you can't wait to do after you reach your goal weight: shop in a regular store and just about everything

An Inspirational Quote: Do everything like you will never fail.

Naughtyangel
06-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone...... Vanessa, I am glad you found us!

Shelley- WTG girl, that is so amazing that you went all day yesterday w/ no pop and keeping your cals in check. Keep up they good work.
Oh and I am not really laughing at you when I say this ;) but........I so wanna hear someone do that cheer at wal-mart, That is too funny.

My husband is back now for about a week and a half. Our son is sooo happy and has been stuck to him like glue.
I will check in to see how everyone else is doing later.

Oh, Vanessa....do you have any goals for this week???

Vanessas
06-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi Felicia :dancer: Hope you had a great day today!!!

Shelley.......congratulations on staying away from pop yesterday you should be so proud of yourself. and i have heard the walmart cheer about two months ago :D

Sorry but i completely forgot to post my goals for the week.....they are;
:p Workout at least 3 times
:dizzy: 12 glasses of water a day
:D Maximum Calorie intake 1400/day

So far i am having a really good day, worked out for 1hr 20 mins today and managed to take 10 glasses of water in. the only thing is that i may be a bit over my calorie intake but we'll see other than that i feel great and look forward to our weigh in on saturday :D

starcity
06-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Howdy friends! I'm so proud of our little group. Everyone seems to be doing so well! So, I've been recording my progress on Fitday and it's so wonderful. I love it. Yesterday I was doing fantastic, but as the day went on my eating habits curved downward. It was movie night at my house and I ate buttered popcorn, twizlers and m&m's just like everyone else. I felt so full by the time all was said and done that I was just going to brush off recording what I ate...but I did it anyway. It was harsh to see in black and white everything that I ate that day and the final calorie count -- even with being mindful a good portion of the day.

I've always said that food isn't my problem and blamed my weight on my sedentary lifestyle. But I'm the only person I've been kidding. So, I've had a revelation and I promised myself that I won't let that calorie count at the end of the day ever reach such a great height. That said...I've been much more mindful today. I've caught myself not putting foods in my mouth because I didn't want to have to record them and have them staring back out at me blankly in haunting reminder (the fat on my body already does that enough)!

Anyway...So I guess the goal of recording what I eat has been good for me so far. It's making me be real with myself and is holding up truths that I've been denying. Yesterday I stuck with only drinking two sodas and to day, in a moment of absent mindedness, was gulping down the third before it hit me.

Shelley. WAY TO GO on no soda yesterday. Woo hoo! Keep on happy dancing and floating on that water girl. You're doing fantastic. I can hear the energy coming out through your words. So good job! (And I agree with Felicia...I would love to hear the Wal-Mart cheer). Keep on rockin' it out!

Felicia: I'm so glad you're getting to enjoy having your husband home. I've never had crystal light, but I'll have to give it a try. Maybe that can be a fun thing for me to drink that's not soda. Way to go on getting the 20 min. walk in yesterday. Little spurts like that will totally add up in the long run.

Karla: I'm so glad you found our new thread! Way to opt for the lettuce wraps at Chili's. Making healthier choices like that, especially while at yummy restaurants, will definitely get you to that goal quicker. I love that you have a cat named Honey. My golden retriever is named Honey! And thanks for the words about gaining muscle... I've heard that too, and I"m really hoping that's the case. I'm trying to stay off the scale all week so my body has a chance to maybe balance out. Regardless, I feel slightly more toned and like the water aerobics is doing me good. I don't plan on giving up -- ever again. This weight is coming off baby! How are you coming along with formulating goals for the week?

Vanessa: I'm so glad you found us here also! How did you like Dr. Phil's 7 Keys to Weightloss? It's a book that is on my shelf and I haven't read it yet. (Maybe that's the denial talking)... I should pick it up and give it a go. I love Dr. Phil...Let me know what you thought of it. Have you thought of any goals for the week?

Well ladies...I hope you've all had great days. I'm so proud of each and every one of you! (Sorry...I'm such a cheerleader :)...

I'll check in with you all tomorrow. I'll be up bright in early in the morning for water aerobics. Go us!

starcity
06-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Vanessa...I see you posted while I was writing my little novella. Your 1 hr. 20 min. work out blows me away! What exercises were you doing? And way to gulp down that water. Keep it up! :)

eeyoredja
06-27-2005, 08:56 PM
First name: Donna

Geographical location: Grandview, Indiana

Marital Status:married, to Corey, since 1998

Children/Ages: none yet

Pets: Cinnamon, Golden retriever, Slinky, dashchund, and Peanut, evil Kitty,

Hobbies/Interests: scrapbooking, watching my hubby run in demo derby, and spending time with family

Height: 5 foot 2

Eye/Hair Color: brown, and brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: been doing it forever, but really commited since May

Starting Weight:275

Present Weight: 259

Goal Weight: first mini goal is 244 by august 31st, end goal is 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not snacking and getting up and moving

Following any specific plan: ww

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I just can't stand being fat anymore! I'm too young to feel this bad all the time, and I want to be at a healthy weight before getting pregnant

Something you're passionate about (besides food): love demolition derbies

Worst craving(s): doritos and reeses cups

Favorite healthy thing to eat: cherries

Favorite type of music: country

Favorite movies: raising helen, butterfly effect, darkness, amityville horror (old one)

Favorite TV shows: starting over, CSI, law & order SVU

Last book you read: With an axe, true stories of axe murders

Last thing you ate: diet peach cobbler, 3 points

Last time you exercised: about 1 hour ago, in the pool

What are some of the things you can't wait to do after you reach your goal weight:
go to Holiday World and ride the Raven
Anything else you would like to share with us: hope to find new friends and lots of support here

An Inspirational Quote:

squiggly
06-28-2005, 01:24 AM
Cool, another Hoosier. Welcome to our thread Donna. I live in Peru, Indiana. I'm not exactly sure where Grandview is but I will find out when I get done here. Peru is about 15 miles north of Kokomo on 31. We have Grissom airforce base. My husband also does demo derbies. You will find friends here. I promise.
Felicia: Enjoy your husband.

Kristy: Keep up the good work in journaling. I've been doing it and it helps tremendously. Don't get frustrated by the 7 pounds. It could just be water and muscle. You are doing good. We all have our slip ups. Keep moving forward!

Karla: Good job making the right choices in a hard situation. I would have probably failed with that. IT's very inspirational to see that you made the right choices.

My day was good. No exercise today. I took the day off. Food wise was good. HEre's my food for today.

6 oz steak
16 oz lettuce with 8 servings of croutons, and 9 servings of Ital dressing ( divided into two salads, one for lunch and one for supper)
44 oz dew ( I couldn't stay away today)
4 choc chip cookies
60 oz water
Calories: 1489 Fat: 32 Carbs: 251

We are all doing good, ladies. Let's keep up the good work.

squiggly
06-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Today is going to be a free day. I'm not going to record anything I eat or worry about anything. I am going to try to get on my elliptical though since I took the day off yesterday. I don't want to get to lax on my exercise. I"m not sure how long I'll do it though. I don't know what happened last night but I got a huge case of insomnia. I have been up since 9 am yesterday morning. I won't be able to go to bed until this evening because I have my child. I guess if I start feeling to bad I can call his grandmother but I really don't want to do that. Anyway, I am also trying to clean house and get things ready for a yard sale that I'll be having on the 9th.
Well, I hope all is well with everyone else.

eeyoredja
06-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Shelley, Grandview is in Southern Indiana, across the bridge from Owensboro, Kentucky, and about 40 miles from Evansville. I think it's awesome that your hubby does demo too!! My hubby won his heat at our county fair a few weeks ago and got second in the feature!! He's outside right now working on his "new" 1976 Caddy. We have a demo on July 16th in Tell City, IN, and he's taking an Olds 98 with a Chevy 350, that's been made into a stroker motor, with about 2 grand worth in it, but we bought it off the guy who spent the 2 grand on it for 200 bucks, lol. Now we are in the market for a 70's model Impala. I have been doing pretty good today, with writing down every bite that's gone in my mouth, and thinking before I eat, about whether I'm hungry or just absently eating. Well, gotta run and vac the pool, so I can swim!!
Bye,
Donna

quyana21
06-29-2005, 12:22 PM
How is everybody doing with their goals? I've come up with a few goals that I'd like to accomplish
1. Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day.
2. Exercise at least 3 days a week. (I need big help with this one)
3. Watch portion sizes.

I'll be going to the store later this afternoon to look at kitchen scales to help with watching portion sizes. I've always just eyeballed it according to the estimates they give, such as a deck of cards, or a baseball, etc. I'm not sure if I do a good enough job for that. My eyes may see something smaller than it actually is.
So far my breakfast and lunches have been great. I eat my fruits and vegetables mainly during these meals. I have a tough time with dinners because my fiance isn't into the whole healthy meals aspect and I don't feel like cooking two different meals to please everybody.
He did surprise me the other day and said he was very proud of me because he noticed that I've been trying to eat healthier and that I'm doing a good job with it. That totally made my day.
Anyway, I hope everybody is doing well. Keep up the good work! :)

Karla

squiggly
06-29-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm doing much better today. I slept last night. I am back OP. It sounds like everyone is doing good. Guyana, it is hard when your boyfriend doesn't eat the healthy foods with you. My husband has just agreed to do it. It helps alot. It is good that your boyfriend is noticing and compliments you. I thik that is great.
Donna: i looked up your town on mapquest and you are way down there. LOL!!! My hubby is doing demo this year because he didn't get his car ready in time. Our demo in Peru is the 8th and 9th and the following weekend is Wabash. Wabash's demo is harsh. We saw it for the first time last year and it was awesome. Good job on thinking before you eat. I always have to ask myself if it's worth it. I'm looking forward to a trip to Cedar Point next summer.
I hope eveyone has a great day.

Naughtyangel
06-29-2005, 09:25 PM
Hello everyone......... Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I was spending time w/ my man ;)

Welcome aboard Donna, I am glad you could join us. Sounds like you are off to a great start.

I hope everyone else is doing good and staying on top of things. Sat will be here before you know it :goodscale so try to keep that in mind when reaching for things you really don't need or when you just don't feel like exercising.
:ebike:
I am actually taking my own advise here........I was wanting some ice cream and cake soooo bad after a healthy dinner. I drank some water and read some of my HP book. I am so proud of myself, I am on chapter 9 and it is so good so far.
I did WATP w/ Leslie Sansone yesterday and I was suprised that I broke out in a sweat. I am happy that it is something that I can do in my own home w/o making too much noise. :tread:

I will be checkin in tomorrow......here's wishing all of you great days! :strong:

eeyoredja
06-29-2005, 09:45 PM
Well, I have been doing pretty good today, spent about an hour in the pool this evening, and I have been babysitting all week, so this keeps me moving and not eating as much junk. I just wanted to pop in and say hi, will write more tomorrow, getting ready to head to bed!! Keep up the good work ladies!!

Vanessas
06-30-2005, 06:22 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
Sorry i did not post yesterday but i did think of you guys and from what i read everybody is doing great :flow2:
The past two days have been pretty good food wise but i have not been able to exercise except mon and tues. I was hoping to get atleast three days in a week so friday i must get off my butt and move :strong:
I am not following any particular plan but i think i need to focus on one because i feel a bit confused.....am i doing low carb, low fat, counting calories...... :crazy: . i usually get my best results on low-carb so probably i will try that out for two weeks to jump start my weightloss then go fromt here.
Anyways hope everybody has a great day :flow1:

squiggly
06-30-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm doing pretty well. I'm having a hard time getting my exercise in today. I just don't have the ummph to do it. I am doing good food wise. I had 1522 calories yesterday. I have had around 700 so far today. I had arby's for lunch. I have close to 1000 left for the rest of the day. I'm so motivated and know I can do this.
YOu all are doing well. You just have to remember the end picture.

quyana21
06-30-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm glad everybody is doing great. Yesterday wasn't good. I went to the movies and ate too much buttered popcorn. My stomache hurt all day afterwards. I'm back on track today though.
Everybody keep up the good work! :)

eeyoredja
06-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey ladies, how's everyone? I did pretty good yesterday, and today I haven't eaten much, but what I have eaten wasn't too good, Doritos and a bologna sandwich and a Pepsi, ugh, not good at all!! Weigh in is in the morning, hopefully, I won't be up, if I lose, my husband gives me 10 bucks to add to my "skinny jar", for new clothes, or anything I want. Well, i hope you all have a super night and a great day tomorrow. Gotta go change, just got out of the pool! Bye!!

Naughtyangel
06-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Hey everyone

Today was a GREAT day for me. My eating and exercise are totally on track and I think I am going to make my goals for the week except for the water. LOL I guess I will be working on that one again next week.

Seems like everyone is on track even it there are some slip ups here and there....Remember we are only human. :crossed: we wre all gonna do great! :goodluck: :goodscale

Naughtyangel
07-02-2005, 01:43 AM
[COLOR=Navy]OKAY....not long now. I hope everyone is ready and prepared to get on that evil scale.
I forgot to tell you and you see can by looking at my post that I failed at going to sleep eariler....LOL
I will get back on later and post my weight. I can't wait to see how everyone did this week.

[U][B]GOOD LUCK!!!!![COLOR]

squiggly
07-02-2005, 11:18 AM
I got on the scale this morning andi t read 253. I'm down one pound. I'm not changing my ticker yet. I will do that when I reach 250. I'm shooting for 250 next Saturday. I'm going to try my hardest not to weigh everyday. I've not been doing bad but I haven't been reaching my goals. My goals for next week are as follows and start tomorrow. I have company coming today:

1. exercise on my elliptical for at least 20 minutes everyday
2. drink 60 oz water
3. no pop at all
4. eat between 1500-1700 calories everyday

eeyoredja
07-02-2005, 12:32 PM
I got on my scale yesterday, and i am down 2 pounds yea!! So excited!! Gotta run, will postmore later.

Naughtyangel
07-02-2005, 01:01 PM
I weighed in at 241 today so I am HAPPY....down another 2 pounds....

WTG Shelley and Donna....keep up the good work!

Naughtyangel
07-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey...where is everybody???

I am going out of town tomorrow so I won't be back on here until thursday or friday. I hope things are going well for all of you.

Have a GREAT 4th of July

squiggly
07-04-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm doing okay today. I've ate to much but we went to Cracker Barrel to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Yeah! WE made it! My son ran in the soap box derby this morning and we went to it. I won't be eating to much more the rest of the day. I went pop free yesterday but unfortunately that isn't the case today due to being my anniversary. My exercise was all the walking I did at the derby and car show. I hope you all are having a happy 4th!

Shalia
07-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Well, Kristy, you told me to join you here, but I'm not quite at 100 lbs to lose. Hope I'm still OK to hang out. :)

First name: Shalia

Geographical location: Utah. Yuck. ;)

Marital Status: Married for 7 years. Most of them happy. *giggle*

Children/Ages: One. He's 7. Yep, the math is obvious there. *grin*

Occupation: Electronics inspector. It's not glamorous, I assure you.

Pets: Do fish count? Didn't think so either.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, singing, internet, Dance Dance Revolution, occationally bike riding, er... I know I have more, I just can't think of them right now.

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: Brown hair and eyes that are so dark they look black.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: What's my start date here? Right about then. <Who needs a memory?>

Starting Weight: 242

Present Weight: 226 <need to update my happy ticker thingy. Whee!>

Goal Weight: 150 <I'm dreaming low. That'd be back to nearly high school weight again. And thinner than prepregnancy weight. But a girl can dream, right? :)>

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Mental health meds that cause weight gain. *sigh*

Following any specific plan: Watch what I eat, eat less fast food, and count the calories. I'm personally liking www.dietpower.com better than fitday because it's more realistic, but you *do* have to pay for it. But it's a much better program for me. :)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Motivation. I cannot BELIEVE I let myself get this big! WAAH!! And finding a way that I *like* to exercise.

Something you're passionate about (besides food): Singing. :) Oh, and Clay Aiken. *giggles like a schoolgirl*

Worst craving(s): Cliche as it might be, I'm gonna say chocolate. With ice cream a *very VERY* close second.

Favorite healthy thing to eat: Fruit. Of almost any time. Almost as good as sweets. I've got cherries now. Love cherries.

Favorite type of music: Contemporary Christian. And Clay Aiken. *grin*

Favorite movies: Typical chick flick fare. I love "How to lose a guy in 10 days". And if you've never seen "Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human" <no, it's really not *that* type of movie> you are missing out. Rent it.

Favorite TV shows: They just cancelled it. Judging Amy. Followed by Law & Order SVU.

Last book you read: The Pern books by Anne McCaffrey. For about the 10 zillionth time. And the Harry Potter books. For about the 20 zillionth time. ;)

Last thing you ate: Fruit Loops cereal. On my way to grab the cherries when I'm done typing here.

Last time you exercised: Last night for about 30 minutes playing Dance Dance Revolution.

What are some of the things you can't wait to do after you reach your goal weight: Buy clothes I feel sexy in. Be skinnier than my husband. Weigh LESS than my husband. Have energy. Look in the mirror and be proud of what I accomplished.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I think I may go exercise rather than cherry. Last question got me motivated. :D

An Inspirational Quote: Most of my quotes are demotivators. Sorry!

Shalia
07-05-2005, 02:00 PM
How did my smilies end up holding flags? Weird.

ETA: Oh, sure! NOW they're not holding flags and I look like an idiot! *sigh*

eeyoredja
07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Hey everybody, yesterday was my hubby's 30th birthday, yep, he's a 4th of july baby, lol. We had a huge family cookout, but I was really good, well until the birthday cake, lol, just had a small piece. Then we came back to my inlaws for fireworks with my 10 year old sister in law, yes, she and my husband are 20 years apart!! It was a good day, and I am proud of myself. Hope everyone else had a good holiday!!

quyana21
07-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Donna: Way to go! If I were at somebody's bday party I would have fallen off the wagon, hard.

Shalia: It's great to have you. I don't think having exactly 100 pounds to lose is a requirement for this group. Welcome :)

Shelley: How is it going kicking the pop habit? Going cold turkey must be hard.

Felicia: Are you on vacation? If so, I hope you had a great time.

Vanessa: How are you doing with getting your exercise? That's my downfall, I never have the energy to do anything. What kind of exercising are you doing?

Kristy: How are you doing? I see you haven't posted in awhile. I hope all is well.

We were supposed to go to a bbq on the fourth, but my son got sick and we just decided to stay home. So instead of burgers and dogs we ordered chinese takeout. I got steamed dumplings and hot and sour soup. I'm not sure how healthy this is but I bet it's much healthier than the General Tso's chicken I usually get.
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been so exhausted with the little guy and work. When I do get some free time for myself I usually just go right to sleep.
I've started walking during my lunch hour at work. So far it's 20 minutes a day and I've gone for two days now. Please wish me luck. It's gonna be hard to keep it going.
Anyway, I hope everybody is doing GREAT!
Keep up the good work :)

Karla

Naughtyangel
07-08-2005, 03:26 AM
Hey everyone...I am back.

I went to Daytona for a couple of days (mini vacation) it was very nice and I had a great time.
I am still here w/ ya, all of you! I hope that everyone is doing great here and if you are in need of some pats on the back or just a listening ear....please let us know because we are all here to help each other.

I have noticed that we are not too busy and i hope that's a good thing.....I don't want anyone giving up. Take the days as tthey come and leave tomorrow behind you and start your day with a clean slate.

BTW...yes, I know I am up late....LOL :dizzy:

Oh and Welcome Shiela....I am glad you joined us.

Shalia
07-08-2005, 01:28 PM
I haven't been so good for the last few days. *sigh* Haven't exercised enough, made bad food choices. I think I will have to start compensating for a med I take that frankly sucks for weight. It nearly guarantees weight gain. So... I think I'm going to have to work twice <if not more!> as hard. *sigh again*

Oh, well, today is another day. <Scarlett O'Hara syndrome here. *grin*> Nice to "meet" you naughtyangel. :)

squiggly
07-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Well, I'm so happy.:D I have finally seen the scales go down. I weigh in at 252. I lost one pound since my last official weigh in. I had weighed in at 255 on Wednesday so this is a very pleasant suprise. I also lost 3 inches. :cb:

Naughtyangel
07-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Where is everyone....I can't remember who it was that suggested we weigh in on Saturdays but I thought atleast one person would have checked in. This is supposed to be a place for support and everyone who joined us said they were in it and commited.........
I just don't understand how we are supporting each other when no one is ever around. :?:
Here is a GREAT BIG ((((((((KICK)))))))) and that goes for me too. We have got to kick this thing up in high gear before our thread falls apart. You don't have to write a novel to check in just drop in and say that you are doing ok and are on top of things or not.

Is there anyone still with me other than Shelley???Great job on dropping those pounds girl, Keep up the great work.

BTW.....

I weighed in this morning at 239 WOO HOO!!!! down 2 again, if this is my magic # then I will take it. :D
How is everyone else doing....get your butts in here...LOL :lol:

quyana21
07-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Just a quick reply before I go to bed :)
I weighed in this morning at 235. Woohoo!
I'm glad everybody else is doing well. Today I was very bad, went to a family picnic and ate a LOT of food. Oh well, today is over and I'll start again fresh tomorrow.
Everybody keep up the good work!

Karla

eeyoredja
07-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Sorry I haven't been here, I weighed in at 254, which is the lowest my weight has been in over a year, so i am very excited about it!! We had both of our trucks break down this week, so I haven't been on the computer as much as we have been running wround everywhere getting parts to fix them, lol! Keep up the good work ladies, just got out of the pool, need to change, bye!!

Shalia
07-10-2005, 02:00 AM
I weighed in today at 225. *happy dance* I'm nearing 20 lbs. lost. I told my hubby I get a small clothing budget at 20 lbs lost.

I've been terrible today. *sigh* I was doing REALLY well till my sister brought over the brownie cheesecake. Again, tomorrow is another day.

I got a book called "Run for your Life" and it's actually made me want to try this running thing. The only time since pregnancy I've been thin was in boot camp and right afterwards because I was running in the Navy. Running keeps me thin. I *do* do Dance Dance Revolution for aerobics, but it's starting to get easy and you can always kick up running if it gets easy. And this is a minor miracle cause I have always HATED running with the heat of a thousand suns.

Now to convince myself to get up in the morning, cause frankly the only thing less likely than getting up and running is doing it when it's 100 degrees outside.

There's a fun run in my town in the end of August. Since that's really non-competitive and you can walk it if you want <and it's only $25> I'm tempted to sign up for it so I have motivation to go running. After all, I can't have paid that money and *not* run, right? It's tempting... And if worst comes to worst, I'll just walk what part I can't run and get in 3.1 miles of exercise that day and take my t-shirt, right? <This is where my husband rolls his eyes at me, but I could really use the pat on the back...>

Good luck to everyone, and I'm so glad to see those who are here. *hugs* And it's great to see everyone continuing to lose! *woohoo* Isn't it great to see that scale finally move DOWN?!?

Shalia
07-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Sorry I haven't been here, I weighed in at 254, which is the lowest my weight has been in over a year, so i am very excited about it!! We had both of our trucks break down this week, so I haven't been on the computer as much as we have been running wround everywhere getting parts to fix them, lol! Keep up the good work ladies, just got out of the pool, need to change, bye!!
*happy dance* for you!! Lowest weight in a year deserves it's own celebration!!! :bravo: :dance: :goodscale

HourglassLass
07-10-2005, 11:20 AM
Hey there everyone. Well, I was perusing 3FC today and found this thread so I hope you don't mind if I crash your party :) I definitely have more than 100lbs to lose, as my ticker confirms, so I think I'll fit right in - you all seem very nice. Let's see.. as for the info..

First name: Alisha

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Divorced/single (and lovin' it!)

Children/Ages: None, zip, nada

Occupation: Associate Contract Support Specialist (trying to become a teacher)

Pets: 3 very friendly Siamese cats - Louis Blue, Pandora and Logan

Hobbies/Interests: Music, clubs, festivals, concerts, clothes, jewellery and art from the 1920s - 1940s, corsetry and anything by Agent Provocoteur!

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 29, 2005

Starting Weight: 260

Present Weight: 249

Goal Weight: 110

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Obssessive compulsive/binge eating.

Following any specific plan: Medifast (I LOVE this plan!!!)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, I'm getting a lot of support through forums like these (although the main forum I moderated on just had to be shut down thanks to a very negative jerk), I'm also following a dead easy plan that requires NO cooking and NO grocery shopping - two of my worldly hates. I also see the diet working at a steady and more rapid pace than most, so that gives me motivation.

Something you're passionate about (besides food): Music and dancing

Worst craving(s): Fast food, i.e. Burger King, Pizza Hut

Favorite healthy thing to eat: Shrimp

Favorite type of music: Alternative

Favorite movies: Lord of the Rings, X-Men, The Crow I & 2, Dirty Dancing, Gone with the Wind/Scarlett, old classic movies

Favorite TV shows: Law & Order (all), CSI, The 4400, Without a Trace, Cold Case

Last book you read: Talon of the Silver Hawk by Raymond Feist (still reading)

Last thing you ate: My Medifast meal replacement shake (Swiss Mocha) at 9:15am.

Last time you exercised: Friday at Curves (I'm only allowed 2x per week on my diet)

What are some of the things you can't wait to do after you reach your goal weight: I can't wait to make a grand entrance into the Tampa night life scene with my new body! I can't wait to order lingerie from Agent Provocoteur, I can't wait to fit back into my royal blue satin Vollers corset!!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: We can ALL do this! It may take time, patience and some ups and downs, but the end is worth the means to get there.

An Inspirational Quote: Just DO it! -Nike

squiggly
07-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Naughyt, I suggested we weigh in on Saturday. I did post on Friday when I weighed in this week. I weighed in a day early because I knew I was going to be so busy on Saturday that I wouldn't make it on. I had a yard sale yesterday morning and a demo derby last night to go to. I'm still here. I agree that it has been quiet. Thank you for the kick. I am planning on getting my exercise in today. I am going to try to do 30 minutes before the night is over. I've not eaten well yesterday and probably won't tomorrow either. I'm taking my child to Indiana Beach. I'm on my last vacation for the year so after tomorrow things will get easier because i have no plans for the rest of the week so there will be no excuses for me getting things done.

Shalia-I think the fun run is a great idea. It'll get you motivated and will be a sure fire way to get your exercise in for the day. YOu have one of those husband's who like to roll their eyes. I do too. He is helping me though. I'll want something that I can't have and he'll tell me I can't because i'm on a diet and he's holding me to it. IT has saved me from ice cream quite a few times and from pop alot of the times.

I hope everyone has a good week. Let's all try to update at least every other day. I know I can do that.

Naughtyangel
07-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Hello Everyone......

Welcome to our thread Alisha. I am very interrested to know more about Medifast. Is this one of those doctors prescribed fasts? Is it expensive?
Sounds like you are off to a great start, keep up the good work.

Shelley....did you get your 30 mins in???

WOW...looks like everyone has been successful...I think we all deserve a great big pat on the back. Any loss is a great thing so keep you head held high even though there may be days that you are not proud of.

I think someone is still missing.
April, Kristy and vanessa where are you??? I hope everything is okay and you are still losing.

Have a great day!!!

squiggly
07-10-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm still working on my 30 minutes. I do it in intervals because I still haven't worked up to doing a huge amount of time at once. I've got 10 minutes in so far.

quyana21
07-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Somebody was talking about running and I thought this might be a website you all would be interested in.
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
It's a couch to 5k running plan, helping people get off the couch and on the road.
I haven't personally done it, but hope to give it a shot after I check with my doctor.
Hope everybody is keeping to their goals. :)

Karla

Shalia
07-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Well, got my butt out of bed this morning. Can't rightfully call it "running" cause I think I ran only about 20% <MAX> of it, but I got out of bed at 4:30am to do it. Now to keep it up. I am TIRED. I couldn't sleep till about midnight so that's just not enough sleep unless I am FAR more manic than I am now!

I've read the cool runnings site. I'm thinking I may try that method. I went and got some shoes yesterday. I need to get a stabilizing thingy for my ankle cause it's kind of weak, but the shoes are great. I don't know, maybe I'll have more stamina tomorrow cause we went on a nearly 4 mile hike yesterday and didn't get back till 8 pm so it didn't give my muscles *much* recovery time. And I didn't stretch much cause I was SOOOOO tired. I stretched more today and I'll have 24 hours recovery time. So hopefully I'll do better tomorrow. Or I'll check that cool runnings site and see if I'm supposed to rest tomorrow. I could really use some sleep! :)

I had mocha coffee this morning. Not really diet food. But I'm so so SO sleepy! <Caffeine is something I'm not supposed to have either. Oh well.>

Weighed in this morning. 224.5 now. Booyah! I think I'll have to change out my siggy thingies again soon. I'm too lazy to do it for every pound but at the next half pound I think I'll do it again. :) I won't actually make my short term goal <a week in the hospital kind of blew it for me> but I'm going to be close enough that I can take my next short term goal. Yay!!! Especially if I stick on this running program! *insert cheerleader here* I need to stay on this. Have to. I'm tired of being out of breath in 1 min when chasing Tyler. Since doing DDR I was able to keep up on most of the hiking yesterday. I like feeling healthy.

squiggly
07-11-2005, 09:59 AM
I didn't get my 30 minutes in yesterday. I did get 20 minutes in though so it wasn't a total washout. Today will be a lot of walking. We are going to Indiana Beach. I'm sure food won't be great but the exercise will come in. I got on the scales this morning and the numbers were awful. I started getting depressed but then remembered that my monthly is due to start tomorrow so the high reading is expected. I will stay off those blasted scales until it passes. I hope everyone has a great day.

Shalia
07-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Nah, I try to avoid weighing myself when TOM rolls around. It's only depressing. :bravo: on the 20 min. though. :)

I'm less tired now that I've eaten breakfast. I think part of me was so exhausted cause I was so HUNGRY. Had one egg w/ a bit of shredded cheese and some oatmeal. Not too great, but not too bad either.

HourglassLass
07-11-2005, 10:41 AM
Hey thanks for the welcome Naughtyangel. :)

Let's see.. how to describe Medifast.. well, mainly, it's a high soy protein, low fat, low carb meal replacement program. The diet itself has been around for over 20 years and has substantial success with helping those who are moderately to morbidly overweight to lose weight in a healthy and slightly faster way than most other diets.

There are two main programs you can follow. One is called the 5 and 1 program, where you consume 5 meal replacements a day and have one measured out "lean and green" meal. :hun: This is usually some sort of vegetable or salad greens with a lean protein like chicken. The portions are measured out to ensure the correct caloric intake, but this is only done once a day. The second program is called the Complete program where you consume only 5-6 meal replacements a day and nothing else. :cheers: This program should be monitored by a doctor.

The meal replacements are varied - there is flavored oatmeal, chili, shakes, pudding, soup, snack bars, chai latte and a few others I can't remember. I'm doing the Complete program and, at the moment, I'm opting to drink only the shakes as I'm trying to get rid of some very bad habits I have with food. Whichever plan you follow, you are advised to drink at least 2 cold shakes and you may only eat 1 snack bar per day due to the higher carb content. :nono:

Most people do very well on either program and are not hungry after the first 3 days. I can vouch for that personally. :D Since I've started, my IBS has not acted up once, I have no hunger, no headaches and I'm steadily gaining more energy. :hyper: My first 2 days were awful as my body rid itself of all the junk I'd been feeding it for ages. :tied: I had a headache from noon on day 1 to the evening of day 2. :stars: I read that you are also allowed 2 bouillon a day and 2 dill pickles to give you a boost of potassium. Once I had the bouillon, I was good to go the evening of day 2 and haven't looked back since. :scooter:

So far, I lost 11lbs in 9 days. I haven't weighed myself yet this week - I'm waiting until Wednesday morning when I'll start week 3. I'm dying of anxiousness to see what it reads! :goodscale

The program, at first glance, seems quite pricey. I paid $290 for a 28 day supply of shakes. However, when I broke it down, it really is not much more expensive than grocery shopping. The last diet I was on, which required fish, chicken breast, ground turkey, eggs, fruti and vegetables ran me around $110 every two weeks. $220 versus $290 really didn't seem like that big of a difference, especially since it works! :lol3:

I believe that no diet is for everyone, but if you can make it through the first 3 days, you'll find that all the hunger goes away, my over-production of stomach acid went away and you don't have to drive yourself into the ground with exercise to make it work. :wl: In fact, they recommend that if you aren't used to exercising you should not exercise for at least the first month and if you are used to it, you should halve your routine. I've gone from doing 3 day at Curves doing 3 circuits to 2 times a week and one circuit. I've never been a gym-aholic so this diet suits me just fine! :smug:

I should note that this is NOT a fad diet. :no: This diet has been endorsed by the Johns Hopkins University Medical Team and has been proven to work if you follow it correctly. :coffee2: Soy protein can also lower triglyceride levels as well as cholesterol levels.

Anyway, that's about it. I think I covered everything but if you have anymore questions, just please ask.

Alisha :hat:

Shalia
07-11-2005, 11:11 AM
But what do you do when you get to goal weight? <Honestly. Not wanting to be a PITA here.> I don't think I'd learn better habits that way and then I'd just end up fat again. And broke. But that's me. I'm glad it's working so well for you! :) Really.

HourglassLass
07-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Hey Shalia, I don't mind answering any questions so don't feel awkward or like you're being a pain. I'm here to help. :)

So in answer to your question, once you hit goal, especially on the Complete program, there is a six week transitional period where you slowly introduce foods back into your diet. Then you go on the maintenance program, which consists of special supplements that help you maintain your weight in conjunction with eating normal food. Bear in mind that these are similar to the supplements I mentioned above as well as complete meals if you choose to use those. (Similar to Lean Cuisine but better for you). You can also use the supplements as a daily product to maintain your weight forever if you want to.

For example: I hate to cook and I'm always getting up late. Therefore, I'm chronic at missing breakfast. So, I could get up in the morning, have an oatmeal supplement, take 2 snack bar supplements to work for an AM and PM snack (you can have more bars when you're in maintenance), have a grilled chicken salad for lunch and BBQ chicken with veggies for dinner. This isn't set in stone, it's just the way I'm planning on using it. Soy protein is very good for you, as I mentioned above re: triglycerides and cholesterol, so I don't think I'd ever want to cut it back out of my diet. Even if I couldn't order supplements for some reason, I'd opt to purchase tofu and get it that way. I should note that the supplements are better because they also have a LOT of vitamins in them. In fact, I get the exact same vitamins and amounts (100% or more) as my mother does when she takes her multi-vitamin.

Although the plan seems like it would simply throw you back to the way you were, it subconsciously builds healthy eating techniques along the way. When you use the food supplements such as chili or oatmeal, it shows you what a portion size should look like. It also teaches you to eat 5 or 6 smaller meals a day as opposed to 3 large ones or skipping breakfast altogether (like me), glutting yourself at lunch because you're starving and then eating something silly like cereal for dinner because you had a big lunch. And, because you can use these supplements interchangably for the rest of your life, it's great to have some to hand in case you put on 5 or 10lbs. That way you know you'd only have to eat more supplements and less food until you get back to your goal weight and it would only take a week or so. For someone like me who doesn't have the patience of losing 150 lbs at 1 or 2lbs a week, this was the obvious choice. I also hate to cook and can have a very hectic schedule so it's MUCH better grabbing a soup, chili or shake supplement I can eat on the go rather than stop at the local Mickey D's or eat nothing at all.

Before I purchased my supplements, I did some calculating. If I did Weight Watchers, losing at 2lbs a week, it would take me 75 weeks to reach my goal weight of 110lbs. At $13.00 a meeting, that is $975 I'd be spending in fees alone, not including the weeks where you plateau or don't lose at all. THEN I have to buy all the food! Whereas, the weight loss is between 4 to 5lbs a week on this diet so I wouldn't have to be on it for nearly as long. I also don't want to open myself up for another obssession with counting points or whatever. I'd rather learn the 'by eye' method as it's healthier for my pshyche.

Like I said, it certainly is not the answer to everyone, but I can promise you that there are three main things that will keep me from putting this weight back on. 1) Because I LIKE the supplements (they taste great) and they are convenient so I will use them AND their frozen meals; 2) because I don't want to go through the de-toxification stage again (those first 3 days were hard!) and 3) because I will be wearing what I want to wear, I will have more energy (I already do), I will be comfortable in my own skin and I will not hurt anymore. There isn't a day that goes by that my knees and feet don't hurt (I only wear a 6, that's terribly small to drag around 150lbs of fat!) I just don't want to hurt anymore.

If you want to read more about maintenance and the transitional phases, check out www.medifast1.com and it should be able to tell you what you want to know. I'm always here to answer questions too, although I haven't reached those phases yet.

I can promise you one thing - I would never endorse anything that A) wasn't healthy and B) I didn't believe in. I believe in this with my whole heart.

Naughtyangel
07-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Hello Everyone.....

Thanks for the info Alisha. I have done a program just like that in the past. I am sure I could have been more successful but I moved and now I can't afford it.

I am doing fairly well with cutting calories and trying to eat more healthy. I know that I would do better if I exercise. So tomorrow I plan to get more serious with my weight loss efforts and start reaching my mini goals.

I actually went swimming today for half an hour so I would say I am off to a good start. Hopefully I will keep it up.

I am going to try to go to bed early so I was just checking in......I hope you all had a great day!

Shalia
07-12-2005, 09:03 AM
OK, so it's the first PMS <that I could weigh in on, darn hospital> since getting serious here. How much weight in water <on average?> do you guys gain for PMS? I *know* that even though the scale said 3lbs heavier I'm just not that talented. And I've exercised like a fiend. Can your muscles retain water too? When they are getting exercise again for the first time in a long time?

My legs hurt like ****. Didn't even go out this morning. :( Couldn't make myself. *sigh*

quyana21
07-12-2005, 06:39 PM
I've been doing pretty bad the last week. We went to a few family picnics and there was an employee appreciation day at work. Boy did I pig out on shrimp and lobster. I need a kick in the butt to get me back on track. :(
Thanks for letting me vent. I hope everybody else is doing better than me.

Karla

Naughtyangel
07-12-2005, 07:27 PM
<<<<<<<<<KICK>>>>>>>>>......Hey Karla, this ones for you ;) It will be better from now on right? LOL

I am in the middle of packing a day bag for tomorrow so I am just checkin in real quick....So far so good today.
I have exercised and gotten have my water in.

Hope everyone is having a good day

Shalia
07-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Karla: KICK!!!!!! <Did that work? Great, now kick me.>

My med that I'm worrying about is now causing the carbohydrate cravings it's known for. *sigh* And I'm depressed as all get out and had to leave work because I was flipping out too badly. This sucks. I hardly drank any water today, ate cheesecake, yeah. Today was a friggin mess.

But I'm going to run tomorrow. I don't even work tomorrow <since I've been yoinked from work again> so I can find time easily, even if it's just the treadmill. :)

So again KICK Karla and Woo-hoo naughtyangel for getting in her exercise and water. <I *so* need to make water my next goal.> *hugs all*

Shalia
07-12-2005, 11:05 PM
Have to happy dance in here. :happy dance: I *did it*! I decided I wasn't going to sit in the house and mope so I went to find out if the treadmill at our apartments was open and it was and I did day 1 of the couch to 5K program and it didn't even kill me. Woo hoo!

OK, happy dance over. Just had to share. Whee!

squiggly
07-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Congrats on everyone's successes. I wish I could say the same. I'm getting ready to start my monthly and I have an upset stomach. I've been on vacation this week and needless to say, it has been a disaster diet wise. I got a lot of exercise in at Indiana Beach on Monday from the walking and the steps you have to climb to get on the rides. I've been eating everything in sight. At least it seems that way. I know at this point I don't feel like I'm ever going to lose this weight. I know how but making the right choices isn't always easy to do. I'm getting very frustrated and at this point am scared to death of getting on the scales. I have to lose this weight. Logical solution, I need to do what it takes to lose the weight and quit whining, right? I know. I'm sorry to be a downer. I'm not usually like this. I guess it's the PMS kicking in. I'm going to start by making two small goals for next week.

1. Drink 60 oz of water
2. Elliptical for at least 20 minutes

I can do this. Thank you for listening to me rant. It helps tremendously to know someone cares.

Shalia
07-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Shelly those sound like great goals. And yes, YOU CAN DO IT. :) I have faith in you. *needs a cheerleader emoticon*

Vanessas
07-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey girls,
so sorry i disappeared on you there :^: but i have been caught up in some personal issues...not that any excuse but anyways i did miss posting here and it's really good to see everyone making progress and still working hard at it. :cp:
I have not been working out for the past week but food wish i have been doing really good so needless to say i am really looking forward to weigh-in on Saturday. :goodscale
Right i would like to focus more on working out and getting my water in.
Hope you guys can forgive me :sorry:

Shalia
07-14-2005, 02:26 PM
Of course we forgive you Vanessa. Rule #1 in online life is real life always takes priority. *hugs*

I'm not looking forward to weighing in on Sat. either, but that's mainly cause I'm PMSing right now and I can FEEL the bloat. *sniff*

Hope everything is going well with you now. *hugs*

Shalia
07-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Well, as people can see, my mini-goal was for today. And I still have 6 lbs to go. *sigh* So I'm kind of bummed about that.

BUT I do have good news too.

Measurements as of start date: 13Jun05
Bust/Chest - 45.5"
Waist - 42"
Hips - 50.5"
Thighs - 26.75"
Neck - 15.25"
Arms - 13.75"

CURRENT measurements as of 15July05
Bust/Chest - 45"
Waist - 40.25"
Hips - 48.5"
Thighs - 27" <I'm running as exercise, I'm not concerned about an increase right now.>
Neck - 14.75"
Arms - 13.75" <I think I need some upper body exercises.>

Grand total: 4.5" lost over my body. *woohoo* So I didn't make the weight goal, but I'm definately losing inches. Booyah!!

Time to find a new ticker and a new goal. :)

Naughtyangel
07-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Hello Everyone....

Welcome Back Vanessa, I hope that things are getting back to normal for you now.

I also have a monthly visitor but I am going to weigh in tomorrow anyway and hopefully next Sat I will see a loss that will factor in a loss for this week too. I have been doing really good and I am even getting more exercise and water in so :D "YEAH" for me.

Tomorrow I am going to a Luau and there is going to be a buffet so wish me luck on being good and not overeating ;) I will let you know hw that goes.

So I am not looking forward to weighing in but here are some
(((((((((((good luck vibes))))))))))) for everyone before getting onm that scale!

Naughtyangel
07-16-2005, 03:22 PM
WOW.....I didn't think I would be the 1st one to weigh in. ;) But I stepped on the scale and to my suprise it said.......(((((Drum roll please)))))

"236" woooo hooooo!!!!!! Talk about being a happy loser. ;) :lol:

squiggly
07-17-2005, 01:05 AM
GOOD JOB, Naughtyangel. I'm very happy for you. I gained four pounds so I'm not to happy. I'm going to be changing that though. I'm going to start the volumetrics diet. It seems to be one that I can actually do because it makes alot of sense to me. I am going to get rid of pop, drink my water, and do my exercise. I can't wait to see 249. I am going to do this. I have to. There is no other option.

squiggly
07-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Hello,

I'm so psyched. I'm finally feeling really motivated to get this done. I've been on the elliptical for 15 minutes and am getting ready to do the last five that I need. I went grocery shopping and bought a bunch of healthy food. I"ve had no pop and have had almost all of my water. I am so ready to do this. I read the Volumetrics book and it made so much sense to me that I know I can accomplish anything.
I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I'm doing good.
I hope all of your weekends are just as successful.

quyana21
07-17-2005, 08:52 PM
I"m sorry I've been MIA for so long. I've been lurking mostly, checking the post whenever I have a few minutes here and there and I'm proud of the successes everybody is having.

Shelley: It's great to hear you are so motivated :) Keep us posted on how the volumetrics is working for you.

Felicia: Congrats on your loss! You are such an inspiration.

I weighed myself and I'm still stuck around 235, so no change for me. I think I need to kick up my exercising a notch. I've been getting great support from my fiance. I'm looking forward to see how we all do next week.
Keep up the good work!

Karla

HourglassLass
07-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Hi everyone! I apologize I didn't post over the weekend but I thought I'd better drop in and say hello today.

Naughtyangel - HUGE congrats on the loss! You've done so well - you must be very proud of yourself. I'm proud of you. :) I bet it feels so good to see the scale going down after all of your hard work. Three cheers for you!!!

Squiggly - don't worry too much about the gain. It could always be water weight. I know that in the past, if I've eaten some things that weren't on my diet, boy would the water weight creep on. However, it was usually gone in 1 or 2 days. The volumetrics sounds interesting and it's so important that it makes sense to you. For some reason, it's always easier to follow a diet that makes sense because it makes you feel you're doing things the 'right' way. I'm right behind you and cheering you on the whole way! Make sure you come on and post how you're getting on. :)

Karla - Just hang in there. Sooner or later we all hit those ugly plateaus and they're never easy. However, if you keep on keeping on, soon you'll have a substantial loss and be so glad you did. I just know that it will break soon and you'll be on the move down that scale again. Way to go for being patient. You can do it!!!

Shalia - You have really made a dent in your measurements! I'm so happy for you! It sounds like you're toning and increasing your muscle mass, which is fantastic! Go muscle! It burns fat! I bet those 6lbs will go before you know it. I'm really pleased for you and all that you've accomplished! Wow, huh? :)

As for me? Well, I went to Curves on Thursday and Friday. I'm still only allowed to do one circuit but after next week I should be able to kick it up a notch. I'm currently at an 18.5lb loss (the ticker doesn't register half a pound) so I'm pretty pleased. I don't think I've ever lost that much weight in 18 days! I'm dreading the impending plateau, but I have just GOT to stay focused and not give in. I know that if I keep with it I'll have a decent loss eventually but I'm kind of scared too. I knew on girl who had a 19 day plateau and I think that would drive me nuts. Oh well, I'll enjoy the loss for now and worry about the plateau when I come to it.

I hope you're all well. Take care and remember - we can DO this!

All the best.

Vanessas
07-18-2005, 10:12 AM
GoodMorning Girls :flow1:
First i would like to congratulate everyone one their weightloss and for those of us whose scale did not co-operate then that should just motivate us more and not look at this as a set back...it's all about the ups and downs :D
I've been having some computer trouble so i was not able to post my saturday's weigh-in but i came in at 243lbs which is -3lbs less than my last official weigh-in......needless to say i'm really happy about that :dance: , it's been a while since the scale has gone down so i needed that :cb: .
Goals for this week :soap:
:hun: Maximum 1600 calories/day
:ebike: Workout atleast 3times/week
:cheers: Water Water Water
If i can do those three then i'll have a good week. :goodluck:
Anyways i do hope everyone has a great skinny week :cheer:

Naughtyangel
07-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Hello everyone......

I am glad to hear that you are all doing well.

My posts are going to be short for the next couple of weeks because I GOT A JOB!!!!! I am soooo happy FINALLY.

I am still doing well on my diet and I know I need to exercise so that will be alittle harder now that I am working but I am determined.

So I will check in everday to see how you are doing....good luck w/ next weigh in.

squiggly
07-19-2005, 01:16 AM
2 days pop free now. My head is pounding. I met all my goals today and my calories came in at 1852. I'm so happy and now I'm going to bed.

Vanessas
07-19-2005, 08:30 AM
Happy Tuesday Gals :sunny: nice to see everyone is doing great.

Naughtyangel: Congratulations on the weightloss and the job :cheer: ...keep up the good work.

Squiggly: Hang in there and i must say that your attitude will surely make you succeed, i truly admire your success and good for you pop-free for 2 days :dancer:

Karla: don't give up, it's getting through these difficult times that really motivates us to accomplish our goals..you can do this :goodvibes

Alisha: 18lbs in 18days is quite impressive you must be doing something right :D

Pretty good yesterday and accomplished the goals that i set for myself. I even got my workout in and i have not moved my butt in over a week. I really need to stick to plan this week because the weekends are just so hard for me and i know if i could only do better on the weekends i would see much better results on the scale.
Anyways so far so good and i intend to just as good today........I do hope everyone has a great day :grouphug:

eeyoredja
07-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Hi everybody, sorry I haven't been around, we had a demo derby this weekend, so I was very busy. :nono: I have been doing horrible, no exercise, eating junk, and in general, just giving up. :fr: But, I am getting back on track, and I am going to get all my "good food" on Friday after hubby gets paid, and I am starting my exercise back tom. :smug: So everybody, keep me in your thoughts and hopefully, when I weigh in on the 30th, (to give me time to get back on track), I will be down. :cb: :dance:

Naughtyangel
07-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Hello everyone.......

I am just checkin in and letting you know that I did great today. My new job is pretty easy but I have lots to remember so that will take some time.....I think it's going to be a great experience for me.

I have a mini goal for this week: I would like to lose 3 pounds so hopefully I can swing it.

I just noticed that everyone has been checking in except for Kristy: starcityWhere are you girlie....get in here and get your butt in gear!!!!!!!

Okay I am off to bed.....Have a great day tomorrow and make good food choices.

squiggly
07-20-2005, 02:10 AM
I'm so happy. :D I've had three almost perfect days. I have gone three days pop free :bravo: I've exercised three days in a row. I am finally doing this right. I know I can continue this.
I'm glad to hear that everyone else is doing good. I'm hoping that the gain from last week will be gone this week plus some.

Naughtyangel
07-21-2005, 01:34 AM
OMG OMG OMG......WTG Shelley, that is GREAT!!!!!!
Watch, those pounds are going to be meltin off like butter.

Hello everyone....... I had a good day but exercise has not really been in the plans for over a week I think. I am going to get it together very quickly though. I have been eating great and drinking my water.....

I hope everyone else is doing great :)

Naughtyangel
07-22-2005, 09:49 AM
I have been checkin in but I don't like posting back to back....where is everyone???

squiggly
07-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Hello,

Well, I lost the four pounds that I put on last week. I'm back down to 252. I am wanting to lose three pounds this week so I can say goodbye to the 250's. I'm going to work really hard on this. Unfortunately, I grabbed a pop this morning. I had a huge headache so I went for one:( . It will be my only one for the week. I went four out of the last six days without it. I had about 16 oz on Wednesday with pizza. I am very proud of myself though. I did count the calories into my daily menu though. I have set a few steep goals for myself this week.

1. No pop
2. 80 oz water
3. calories at 1700
4. elliptical for 25 minutes everyday

We all can do this. It takes time and patience. The weight WILL come off. :grouphug:

eeyoredja
07-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Well, I don't know how I did it, but I lost 2 pounds this week, even with no exercise and not being on plan at all!! I went last night and bought all my "good" food, and this morning started back on plan, so far so good, lol. The week is usually ok, it's the weekends that I screw up, but I am commited to doing it this time, so everybody keep your fingers crossed!! Good work. squiggly!! and good job everyone else too!!

quyana21
07-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Donna: That's great to lose weight without expecting to :) I have problems with my weekends too, especially in the summer when everybody is inviting us over for barbecues. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Shelley: Keep up the good work. I know how tough it must be to stay away from soda. My fiance gave up coca-cola for awhile and he had constant headaches and withdrawals for the longest time. Unfortunately he picked the habit back up again.

Felicia: I'm one of the guilty ones who doesn't check in very often. I'm sorry! How's the new job going?

Vanessa: How has your weekend been so far? Hope you were able to stick to your plan. I know how hard weekends are, they always give me problems.

I've had a great week. I'm down to 231 now! I'm very happy that I didn't give up after last week's no weight loss. I was pretty disappointed with myself and almost gave up, but everybody's encouragement kept me going. Thanks!
Hope everybody had a great week too. :)

Karla

eeyoredja
07-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Well, just got back from a family dinner at my hubbys aunts house. :D I had like 19 points left to use there, so I had one piece of fried chicken, 8 points, fresh garden tomato, fresh garden cucumber, both of which are 0, and some fresh from the garden cantaloupe, which was only 2 points, and then I had a cup of homemade ice cream, :devil: which I have no idea how to count, so I am saying it's like 8 points, which is what a cup of regular ice cream would be, so actually, I have 1 point left, and I didn't have to dip into my flex at all, yea for me, lol. Now if I can make it through tomorrow, :smug: I will be home free until next weekend, lol. I also played water volleyball for an hour and swam for about 30 minutes, so i probably earned points, but I try to not use them, even if I really want to, because I think it defeats the purpose. Well, keep up the good work and I will check in later!! Bye!! :p

Naughtyangel
07-24-2005, 01:36 AM
Hey
This is just a quick check in....I went out tonight so even though it's really tomorrow....it is still today. LOL

I got on the scale this morning and I am 233 :cool: I can hardly believe it....(3 pounds down)......I am 6 pounds away from a 40 pound loss and that is my goal before August 1st is to be down 40 pounds....I will reply to everyone tomorrow. I am very sleepy now and i get to sleep in.

bjshug
07-24-2005, 11:03 AM
First name: Barbara

Geographical location: Atlanta

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: N/A

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, web surfing, working on my home, learning things that interest me.

Height: 5ft 8in

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: everyday

Starting Weight: 277

Present Weight: 263

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: working out and which direction to go

Following any specific plan: confused on plans. I'm not a vegatable person but working them in my plan that and fruit.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: getting older and tired all the time and hate that i out of breathe walking a few steps.

Something you're passionate about (besides food): traveling. I miss it.

Worst craving(s): now it seems to be salt. i never put salt on my food but during my cycle i crave a bag of chips. don't know if age or what?

Favorite healthy thing to eat: don't know if i have one.

Favorite type of music: old school music. some country and easy listening.

Favorite movies: Sci-Fi and drama's and romance and of course comedies

Favorite TV shows: dont' really have one.

Last book you read: i read alot to many to tell

Last thing you ate: scambled eggs for breakfase with turkey sausage

Last time you exercised: friday friend gave me a pass at her gym did the treadmill for 1/2 hr. actually last week i went 3 days.

What are some of the things you can't wait to do after you reach your goal weight: go shopping for new clothes

Anything else you would like to share with us: to lose and share have a place to express and share this struggle with people who are going thur the same thing/

eeyoredja
07-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Good morning ladies, and welcome Barbara!! Well, just a little post for now, but I just wanted to tell you that I did good this morning, my mother in law usually cooks us breakfast every other Sunday, and I didn't give in and eat greasy fried eggs and sausages. I ate some Fiber one with fresh blueberries before we came here, and just politely told her "no thanks". It may seem silly, but that's one of the hardest things for me to do because I don't want to hurt anyones feelings. So while they were all in the living room eating, I came in here and got on the computer to post and not be tempted by the wonderful smell in the front of the house, lol. Well, check in later, and good work, Naughty!!

Naughtyangel
07-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Just popping in to say........ Welcome Barbara

Also How did everyone do this week? Weigh in was on sat :). I see a couple of people checked in, where is everyone else?

squiggly
07-24-2005, 07:04 PM
As a summary of last week, I did really well overall. I lost the four pounds that I gained the week prior. I went five out of seven days with no pop. I drank all my water everyday and exercised five out of seven as well. I think I stayed within my calorie range six out of seven. This weekend hasn't been bad. I am drinking a pop today. I need to get some calories in and it's to hot to eat. It's the hottest day of the summer. I haven't exercised yet but I plan on doing that this evening when it cools down. Hopefully, it WILL cool down. It's in the high 90's and humid. My plan for the week is to work hard to get 3 pounds gone. If I lose three pounds per week, then I will make 200 by Jan.1st. I will love that. Well, I hope you all have a good week.

Vanessas
07-26-2005, 08:33 AM
First i would like to congratulate everybody on their weightloss :bravo: , everyone seemed to have done so good and ofcourse a huge welcome to Barbara. :grouphug:
Weighed on Saturday and maintained my weight from last weeks weigh-in, im not upset about that but then i turned around and totally blew the weekend off :dunno: i don't even know what happened. Anyways i am back on track as of yesterday and i feel real good and positive. Just for this week i think i will post my daily totals of Calories so i can be accountable....i need that this week :comp:
Well i do hope everybody has a great week :cheers:

Shalia
07-29-2005, 12:21 AM
Yipes, I don't want to step on a scale this week. I've had a 'who needs a diet anyways' week and I haven't exercised much and I've just been all around terrible.

:bravo: for those of you with losses I'm so proud of you guys, and welcome Barbara.

quyana21
07-31-2005, 07:50 PM
How's everybody doing? I've been pretty busy, as usual.
I'm down another 2 pounds to 229! I'm pretty happy with my progess so far. I hope everybody else had a good week.
So sorry for the short note, I wish I had more hours in the day!

Karla

LegallyBrunette
07-31-2005, 11:58 PM
Hello Everyone :)

I've been hanging around 3FC for almost a month now! (Pay no attention to my join date, I started, gave up and then finally came back!)

I currently have 98 pounds to lose! Although I started out with 111 to lose! I'd love to join you're group, if you'll have me! I need all the accountability I can get right now!

quyana21
08-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the new members!

Barbara: I didn't give the proper welcome my last note. So glad you found us :) My biggest hurdle to overcome is working out also. I try to get some activity in here and there, I don't do the nonstop half-hour or hour workout. So far it seems to be working well. I hope you find something that works well for you too.

LegallyBrunette: It's great to have you here! Isn't it great to see the words "Met Mini Goal #1!!!" ? I bet you are really proud. I know I was when I met my first goal. :) Tell us more about yourself?

Hilary: Welcome to the group! I agree that plateaus are a downer. I've had one recently where I didn't lose any weight one week. I find it helps to talk to others who have had similar experiences, this place is perfect for that. :)

Everybody else: I know I'm not one to talk cause I don't post often, but drop us a quick note! After a quick hello you can go back to enjoy the nice summer days :)

LegallyBrunette
08-01-2005, 09:57 PM
quyana, I am so pumped by those words :) Today when I was thinking about NOT exercising, I popped online and looked at them :) I thought "If I could meet that goal, I can meet them all!"

pixiefalls
08-02-2005, 05:43 AM
Thanks quyana21! That's true.. this place is what actually motivated me to get started yesterday and I did good. (I usually stick to something that is working out well ;).)

eeyoredja
08-04-2005, 07:16 PM
hi everybody, sorry I haven't posted lately, but busy, busy, busy!! I haven't been on the computer much and this week i have been babysitting for a kid I don't usually have and she has kept me busy. But you know, she is 9 and she's like 4 foot 11 and weighs 165 pounds!! I see in her the chubby kid I was, and I worry about her. She just wants to watch movies all day and eat junk, but I made her (and myself) take the little one out in the pool and get some exercise and for snacks we had stuff like 100 cal mini bags of popcorn and she drank 100% juice instead of Kool-aid. She siad she likes the "diet" food that I eat and she wants to have it all the time. So, maybe she will eat healthier at home, and if not, I know that when I watch her, she will. Well, I weigh in tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed for me!!

quyana21
08-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Hey everybody. Just checking to see how everybody is doing. Seems like summer is busy for everybody. I got this in the mail the other day and thought it might help some people.

1-2-3 for Maintaining Motivation
When you feel your motivation for healthy living begin to wane, there are three steps you can take to avoid going off course.
First, make a list of all the reasons that you began this journey in the first place (or, if youíve already done this, pull out your list to review).
Next, touch base with your support network, whether itís a real-life friend or your favorite discussion group.
Finally, take stock of everything youíve accomplished so faróthe good eating habits youíve established and the increased fitness levels that youíve achieved.
When you take the time to acknowledge how far youíve come, and remind yourself of why you want to keep going, your commitment to lifestyle change will be renewed.

This really hit home for me. I haven't been doing well the past week and these words came at the right time.
Anyway, hope everybody is doing well and keeping up with their goals. Take care.

Karla