South Beach Diet - Weekend on the Beach!

View Full Version : Weekend on the Beach!

ellis
06-25-2005, 07:52 AM
Wake up, wake up! :coffee:

I'm just heading out the door to go to a garage sale. :D

I was supposed to go to a homeless action today, but I don't know if I have time... I've got to get it together for the baby shower tomorrow. :bb:

It's so darned hot here again. I've decided that baking for the shower is out of the question, so I'll pick up some lovely baked goods at some bakeries here, and fool everyone. :)

My hardwood floors are washed and oiled... they look lovely. While I was down on my hand and knees washing them yesterday, I found a little piece of a Christmas tree. What's even worse, we've had an artificial tree for the last two years. :lol3:

I'm sorry I've not caught up on everyones news from yesterday... I'll try to get back in later today if it's not too crazy busy around here...

Enjoy your day, girls! (guys?) :wave:

Ruthxxx
06-25-2005, 08:05 AM
It's hot here too, Ellis. Definitely do not bake!

I am about to get into my gardening duds and go over to the Fairground to water the planters. I'd better do my own too as things will really dry out in this heat.

John's funeral is at 11. Afterwards, I'll drop off my bean salad, make polite noises for a while and then go to visit Harry in The Falls. Thanks God for air-conditioned cars! I certainly hope to be home and into airy Indian cotton clothing by late afternoon! I may join The Girls in their pool or go down to our cottages for a swim, providing somebody is there - almost all the relatives will be in town this weekend for John's funeral. Somebody is bound to bring up the idea of a fun family reunion again - they can organize this one!

I watched "Torch Song Trilogy" last night and thought of some of my friends. Has anyone seen it? Interesting. Now that Harry isn't here, I can watch whatever movie I want without somebody switching it to frassing Sports! :) I watched "The Accidental Tourist" the other night. Now that a convenience store is opening in the Village, I'll be able to get movies without driving to the next town. Life is good! Jeez! I might even get to see Harry Potter, Star Wars and The Ring before I'm too old to use the remote!

What's happening on your stretch of sand - besides garage sales, of course! :cofdate:

fl_mom
06-25-2005, 08:41 AM
Good morning. I don't really have plans yet this weekend except maybe a garage sale up the street hehe

I watched Hostage last night with Bruse Willis, thought it was pretty good. I argued with DH about letting our 5yo watch it, glad I did as I wouldn't want him seeing all that violence. I've never heard of the Torch Song Trilogy but I have seen the Harry Potters and I like them.

I need to go back and look at yesterdays posts, I am sure there are things I missed. Thanks to everyone for their well wishes in our ttc journey :D

Schatzi
06-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Morning! It's gonna be a hot one here today....!
Ellis: hope you find some good buys at the garage sale...how's the running going? And I'm with Ruth, buy them cookies! Who needs more blasted heat in these temps!

Ruth: You always have such chock full days planned! I hope you can get back in your indian clothes quick today. I saw Trilogy years agao, Harry Feinstein just cracks me up although it was a bittersweet movie...Love Harry Potter (can't wait for the next book to come out..)

Me: AUGH! I went batty yesterday. I stayed in hoping to determine if this rash is due to something outside..Well it's less itchy and hasn't spread..but I just can't stay in another day... So I'm having my coffee, with put on my sneaks and go for my AM walk. The girls can't keep up with me, so now I do 2 miles first, then come home and take them for the last mile or so....

to all .........Have a great day !

Barb0522
06-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Good morning, everyone! I only had to work for an hour last night and then I got to sleep for 6. Not bad at all. I've worked some more this morning and right now it looks like they won't need me again until later so I will be able to run out and try to donate blood. I'll check in later.

Kiko
06-25-2005, 09:57 AM
Good morning!

Barb Hope you are able to get some sleep soon! Good for you for remaining OP even when you are so busy!!

Ellis Hope the shower goes wonderfully tomorrow. Fabulous idea to buy rather than bake!

Ruth Hurry home and get comfy!

Morning Schatzi and FlMom!

Me- Nothing on the agenda for today! A bit of grocery shopping and we may venture over to the in-laws so DD can go swimming. DH actually has a day off tomorrow, so we will get to enjoy a nice family day together. We need it!

I need to go wake the baby to feed her. Gotta get some fat on her little bones!

beach bum
06-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Good Morning Chicks:)

Its going to get hot this weekend( they say be tonight) after having 70's around for the month of June.Well!! I ready getting my water jugs in the refrig.along with the ice.

Ellis-I promised my dh that I was going to bake :chef: him a :cheese: cheesecake today. Yikes,:yikes: what was I thinking. Oh Well!!I just can put the air=condioners on.Have a wonderful time at your dd baby shower.I don't think she'd mind that you didn't bake in this hot weather.

Ruth-Stay cool, :beach: and try not to stress:stress: out with all that you have on your shoulders.Sending some :goodvibes: for you this weekend

Fl-Mom-Have fun :yes: at the garages sales.

Schatzi-have fun walking and good luck:goodluck: and I hope you find out what the rash is all about.

Barb-Hoping you find your ZZZZZZ's

Kiko-Have a fun weekend with your family

Hugs :) BB

mamaeli
06-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Good Morning, good morning......I know it's Saturday, but really.........I don't think I've ever been this high up on the posts. Anyway, Ellis, have fun at the garage sales--by the time you read this you'll probably be home with some wonderful treasures. If you find a couch, light brown leather sectional preferred, for really cheap, ahh, think of me. That's exactly what I want. Ruth---do you ever stop?----(I already know the answer to that...no!) I hope you get a chance to swim and wear Indian cotton. And I hope the funeral is a good one (nice sermon, kind and fun family, OP food, etc. and not tiresome.) Schatzi--hope your walk was great, and I think I missed to story on the rash--are you allergic suddenly to something? Hope it clears up. Kiko--enjoy the swimming and the family day! How do you grocery shop with two? One drives me batty by the end :dizzy: Barb and FL--have a great day! By the way, FL--your kids are ADORABLE!

Me, I'm happy because the ticker is finally wrong by 1/2 lb. in the right direction! :dancer: Can't quite figure out why, though, since I've been off Plan and not exercizing for two days........Since when is pizza, Chinese, and four starches in one day helpful?????? Maybe my body just needed something to throw it off for a couple of days? Anyway, I will be doing better with that, and am on the way out the door to the hilly trail. Have a great weekend, everyone, and I'll see you all later.

Ruthxxx
06-25-2005, 11:04 AM
It's too damned hot! I spent two hours watering and pruning planters and feel like just loafing for the rest of the day.

However, solid citizen that I am, I'm tiddled up in my navy silky suit, white blouse, handbag full of Kleenex and pearls and ready to go to the funeral. I am going to skip the funeral "feast" after I dump off my salad and come home to change and cool off a bit before I go the see Harry. I think I'll take Wild Princess Lucy with me this afternoon to sort of liven up the joint!

Enjoy the weekend, chickies, and stop and smell the roses.

Barb0522
06-25-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm back from donating blood. Hemoglobin was great even though I'd been having an extra TOM this week due to missing two birth control pills a week ago. I still have about a half an hour before I do the last bit of work for today and then I am done with work for the weekend (unless my coworker needs help tomorrow morning and then he'll page me if he does). I'm actually doing well on sleep. I didn't have to work all night like my friend did. She'll be able to get to bed as soon as I do my part.

Tonight is the Roughriders game. Maybe I can take Brian to the pool today. He can use some extra practice and it should be another 96 degree day so it will be nice in the water.

Kiko - Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned. Rest when you can. I seem to remember marathon nursing sessions. Actually when Brian was 6 weeks old we went to San Antonio for WorldCon and he was nursing every 2 hours for over an hour! That was some growth spurt he went through. It did take him some time to regain his birth weight.

Ellis - I've been bringing crustless strawberry pie (made with SF jello and SF pudding) to events and people seem to love it! Brian even wants it instead of a birthday cake next month but I don't know if I'll be able to get decent strawberries then.

Ruth - Sounds like a busy day for you as always. I know personally that I'm happiest when I am busy.

fl_mom - My DH doesn't realize all the violence in certain movies either. He wanted to take him to the latest Star Wars but PG-13 is just too much for an almost 8 year old. We'll get it on DVD and let him watch it when he is older (or at least after we screen it first).

Schatzi - Good luck with the rash. The last time I got into poison ivy I had to get a shot from my doctor as the antihistamine was just not enough. Most can be handled with Benadryl but some are stubborn.

Beach Bum - We always keep water in the fridge. But then our lows have been in the mid 70s' lately.

mamaeli - Sometimes when I eat off plan, it seems to help me break a plateau. Then sometimes I just gain a bunch! I haven't been able to exercise this week and have been losing quite a bit. I have been eating good though. Great about the weight loss though.

Bamiegurl
06-25-2005, 12:22 PM
A quick hello! I'm at my mom's. Looks like the heat is on everywhere! Well I was just doin a quick drive by! Have a great day all!

Silicon Andy
06-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Hello to all. Sounds like there are some fun weekend plans, some not-so-fun weekend plans, and quite a bit of "whatever" weekend plans.

I'm in the "whatever" category. So far I've loaded the dishwasher and folded laundry. Have exciting laundry ahead of me, and then my MIL is going to borrow her dad's truck and we're going to pick up a load of mulch for my flower beds. That beats the $55 delivery fee!

We had chinese food last night. I got a beef/veggie dish with no rice, but I'm sure there was something not SBD friendly in it. Since I've been doing phase 1 for nearly 3 weeks now with no weight loss, I'm not sure I care that much. I mean, I care, but not enough to feel bad about having chinese food, especially since my preference would have been to have General Tso's chicken, rice, and an egg roll!

Andy has a few papers to write and a test to take online this weekend for his MBA program. I'm going to attempt to do some cleaning/organizing, as we go on vacation next week and then my sister and niece will be visiting. They might want to actually sleep in the guest room, which means I have to put the laundry that has been piling up on it away. Pesky houseguests! ;)

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Sarah

gofishin50
06-25-2005, 12:45 PM
:wave:Mornin BEACH BABES(do we hv any males on our beach Ellis?..If so :nono: no nude swimming :o :lol3:...

Temp here today close to 100,hot:flame:,no rain nsite,wl probably hv 2get a 2nd job:yikes: 2pay my water bill this month.

Went shopping ystrdy and got new Hanes Sporties and a new belly button stud that looks like a jeweled flipflop,really cute...DH loved them both and ME :D (get it) :smoking:

RUTH....What time zone do u live n,,,by the time I get up U hv already done 2hrs of watering/pruning:dunno:....I also love all Harry Potter movies:cp:,but my favorite is FINDING NEMO:cb:...so cute,,watched them all repeatidly...

ELLIS....Such hidden treasures can b found while on our hands and knees:mag:,I usually only find dead bugs :lol: ....C if u can find some Blinds for those Drapless windows while garage saleing:rofl:....

FLMOM...Cute pict's of ur 2sons:love:

SCHATZI.....Girlfiend,do not forget ur sunblock:sp:....Wld hate for ur whole face to peel off:fr: from that rash of ur's..

BARB....:bravo: Ur weightloss rocks...Good luck giving blood,they give mine back and say "u need it worse than us,bad iron levels:shrug: ....

KIKO.....Hv a nice family day tmrow:grouphug: ,DH and I cant seem to get 1 day off together lately:no: to go fishin...

MAMMAELI.....What diet plan r u on?...:cheer:sounds like a winner for me(I ate Fritos last night :^: )

Hv to go and dye the old grays now:sssh: ,then off 2work at 4:00:tantrum:......U ALL HAVE A GREAT BEACHIN WEEKEND:beach::dance::beach:.............GOFISHIN :dancer:

soon2Bfab
06-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Omg......it"s Hot!!!

ellis
06-25-2005, 01:48 PM
:fr: Man, it's hot. I feel like I'm on frickin' fire. :hot: I just got off the treadmill. Did my 30 minute walk/run thing, and ran a total of 16 minutes. :cp: Despite the fact that it's 41C (105F).

Soon2b, I hope you're doing okay, sweetie. :grouphug: Thinking of you and your Dad.

Schatzi, you poor love! :( I hope that rash goes soon. Is it anything you're wearing? Or a cleanser? The heat?

Fritos, GoFishin?! You know what I can't find anymore? BBQ cornchips by Frito. I used to eat a bag (large) of those a day in high school. (never gained an ounce, either!)

Fl_Mom, did you find anything at the garage sale? ;) I managed to restrain myself, and only came away with a box of books. :)

Sarah, I can relate to your guest room dilemma. :lol: We had one of the main floor of our house for a few years, but it was constantly turning into a catch-all for everything imaginable. :rolleyes: I've since turned it into a walk-in pantry, and the space is invaluable. (yeah, it's full of JUNK! LOL)

Bamie, hugs for you and your mom! :grouphug:

Barb, that strawberry pie sounds yummy! I'll have to try it! :hun:

Ruth, I hope Lucy isn't causing too much havoc at the home. :rofl:
I think you should have taken BOTH of the girls to the funeral! To heck with that stuck-up woman! :lol:

mamaeli, I looked all over for a light brown leather sectional for you, but there was none to be found. :lol:

Beach bum, did you get the cake baked? You're fortunate to have air conditioning. Our house is just too big and old and leaky for air. :shrug: Fortunately the treadmill is in the basement.

Kiko, I'm sure your little love will fatten up nicely. :bb: Have a wonderful family day tomorrow! :sunny:

I bought some wicked little tarts (I accidentally tasted one) and cookies from The Three Tarts bakery. Tomorrow morning I'll pick up some of those nice little fresh fruit tarts and a few other things.
Mom has ordered scones from Scone Witch (oh, lordy... they make the most WICKEDLY good scones!), and someone is bringing a lovely cake and some other baked goods.
I bought my sister and her partner this fantastic backpack child carrier for the baby. We always used them for our kids... I carried them everywhere on my back... it was so convenient.

angelshine90
06-25-2005, 01:52 PM
its almost 100 here...and I took off my cast..cause I can and frankly its WAY TOO HOT TO BE WEARING A CAST!!!..so i am relaxing my elbow and making sure i dont move it too much....its all purple and gross..yuk....anyways I am on my TOM and so far i have gained like a pound..usually i am up close to 5! yahooo! i just made sure that even though I was craving chocolate..I stuck to SBD friendly things...such as ..mock peanutbutter cups..and black bean brownies....and my favorite in the WHOLE WORLD...the Bryers fudgecicles...girls they are so amazing..but make sure you only have one..cause they are a bit over the calorie allowence..but SO delicous and totally hit the spot if craving chocolate....Oh and I have been really drinking a lot more water!
well i am off to dunk myself in ice cold water....and/or sit in my car with the ac on...*lol*
stay nice and cool today girls!

wenchybritches
06-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Hey my favorite Chicks!!!!!!
Lost another 2 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! :cb: :dance: :cb: :dance: :cb: :dance:
Must be from doing P1 for another week.(Did it cause I had 2-3 beers last weekend). So today starts P2! Found some awesome(already had one) English muffins at Sam's. Going to try those this week and see how it goes. :)
So now I am going to start hitting the gym again. My plan is 20 min on the elliptical, 40 min weights. (upper arms:you know, that flappy part, lol..whole back:have some neck problems sometimes, thighs: esp the inner thigh), In total, 7 machines. I think that ought to do it. Back in Dec, it took me 2 hrs a nite at the gym, did 30 min ellipitcal and same weights, just double. My pants were fitting a little better, but it took 2 months to see any results. I was not watching what I eat then either.
Hey, did I tell y'all my son loves salad? So when I have one with dinner, he has to have one too. :lol3:

Ruth- Woman, you are always on the move. Stop and smell the roses. :lol3:
Ellis- Good luck with the shower tomm! :D
Mamaeli- You made an offering to the scale gods huh? ;) Good job hon.
Kiko- Don't worry, it took FOREVER for my son to start gaining weight. He's almost 4 and only about 25lbs.
Barb- OOO! That sounds awesome. Is the recipe posted? :hungry: :T
Schatzi- Did you change anything you use to wash clothes, dishes, etc, with?? Get well soon gf!

Me-Just a a boring weekend of recovering from conducting a training class. I know I a hitting the gym. Might pull to a coffee house this afternoon and keep working on a story I am writing....
Have a good day on the sand! :D

mama.dragon
06-25-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm here. DD is taking her nap. Then off to do something fun, by vanilla bubble bath. Her idea not mine. We're still working on the play set but I need to borrow a ladder from MIL.

Lydia

wenchybritches
06-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Hey mamadragon, if I was still in Savannah, I'd come help. :D

soon2Bfab
06-25-2005, 03:18 PM
Ellis: Thanks for thinking of me & dear old dad...we are having a cookout tomorrow -so DBF & I are driving south for 5 hours for a cookout. Dad's idea, but I get to play with Kloe, so the 5 hours is worth it!
I am frustrated because the scale is not moving! I gained 5 lbs last week & I'm still carrying it! I think some of the problem is with my birth control pill. Last week I was such a mess, I forgot to take a week's worth, so I decided to stop taking it this month & continue next month, but my period was a whole week early....so I'm not sure what to do....have to call the dr on Mon.
Have a great weekend ladies!!

beach bum
06-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Yes Ellis I baked:chef: the cheese:cheese: cake and it came out great. My DH's mouths watering :T but according to the recipe cheese cake has to sit in the frig for 48 hrs to get the real taste of the:cheese: cheese.

active
06-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Hello to All,

Just a quick post, computer has been moved around all day, so I couldn't get on.
The room is shaping up nicely, boy did we have a lot of "stuff", DH has been so sweet to help sort and organize. I will try to take pictures soon.

I appreciate all the support this week, and the info from Laurie about waiting to exercise. I think I have already shared this, but I love to workout to The Firm video tapes, I really love these!!! They are great for me. However this week, if I didn't know better I would say I had the flu!! Ugh!! I feel awful, really hard not to give up!!

OK that was my whine for the day!! I will leave for a conference tomorrow and be back Wednesday, I have packed almonds, cheesesticks, peppers and celery. Hopefully I can get eggs, salad, and grilled meat at the hotel restaraunt.

Take care,
Wanda

jenne1017
06-25-2005, 09:20 PM
It's hot and I am sunburned!!!

Did well eating (Phse 1 esque because I felt like it of all things!!!!).

But must drink more water.

Hugs to all

ellis
06-26-2005, 07:41 AM
I LOOK sunburned, but I'm not sure why. :?: I wasn't out in the sun yesterday, but my face is all red this morning. I wonder if I got windburn from the fan last night. :lol3:

Wanda, I hope the conference goes well, and that you manage to stay OP! :lucky:

Jenn, isn't that bizarre when you eat properly because you want to? What's THAT all about!? :lol: It's like we've temporarily "grown up" or something. If only we would continue to listen to the needs of our bodies.

Soon2b, what Phase are you on? Don't forget you've had a rough couple of weeks, and they're probably catching up to you. Maybe you should go back on Phase I just to detox again. :grouphug:
Hope you had a good time with your Dad and Kloe. :)

Beach Bum, I hope you're not planning on having any of that cheesecake. ;) It sounds wicked. I didn't know that about letting it "sit" for a better flavour, but it makes sense!

Wenchy, congratulations on the two pounds! :hat:
Great idea getting back to the gym. :yes: Your weight loss may slow a little in the beginning (what's THAT all about! :lol: ), but your body will look great! :cheer:

Angel, you poor love... being in a cast in this heat. :yikes: I don't blame you for taking it off! Heal quickly, sweetie, and stay cool. :grouphug:

Lydia, how's the play set going? I'll bet your DD is excited. :)

I forgot to weigh this morning, and I've already taken two sips of my coffee. Darn!
It's going to be another blazing hot day. What a day for a shower. :rolleyes: There are going to be about 20 people or more in here.
GoFishin, I'm just hanging (temporarily) sheets at the windows again to keep the sun out. :lol:
One more reason to lose weight... I've got a shipload of nice little sundresses/skirts in my closet that are too small. I bought a really nice skirt to wear at the shower, but it's long (covers everything), and I'll have to wear a long-sleeved top to cover my fat arms. I'm going to be dripping sweat. sigh. Well, maybe I'll lose a pound or two today. ho hum. :(

Ruthxxx
06-26-2005, 09:00 AM
Well, I'm still in just bra and panties and am debating whether to go to Church like this! Ellis, do NOT wear a longsleeved top - unless you keep it wet! You want to have fun at the shower even if it is forced socialization!

I am definitely going to Church because McKenna who is six really wants to go and her Mum, Joanne, has an art show this weekend. Joanne illustrates children's books. After Church we are going to F's house for coffee (!) and goodies and the kids can play in the paddle boats on the creek. After that, I am going to just sit and read and drink water for the day! Well, I might clean out the doggier wading pool which looks like a swamp right now. Lucy keeps breaking branches from some weedy trees and putting them in the pool! :shrug:

Sorry I've not been commenting on everyon'es entry. I barely have time to read them all these days!

Cool Sunday to all!

ellis
06-26-2005, 09:17 AM
Ruth, I dare you to go to church like that. :lol3:
Last night we saw a large woman out on her porch in her bra. DD and I just looked at each other and said, "Good for her!" :lol:
Enjoy your day, sweet Ruth. :grouphug:

ellis
06-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Crap! It's already 80F here with the humidex! I'm going to DIE today! Die, I tell you! :cry:

beach bum
06-26-2005, 09:37 AM
Hi Chicks :)

YIKES :yikes: we're findly getting the Hot :hot: :flame: :hot: Heat. I just knew it wasn't going to last. It was windy all day yesterday and it keep the temps down,but the wind stopped and its going to **** today.

Ellis-Not planing to eat the cheese cake,as I trying every hard to get my ticker moving down.Its been stalling for the past 1 1/2 months and not matter what I do it does go down.

Wenchy- Big congrat:cheer: on your 2 lbs gone.Just remember to go into Phase 2 slowly.

Have to go, have to get ready for church. Stay cool :cool: & beaching :beach:everyone

jenne1017
06-26-2005, 10:13 AM
MOrning!

Don't know why we are up. Little one has a sore eye or something. We can't figure it all out but she had some schmutz last night and now it's not oozing but she's still fussing at it. And why are the animal docs closed on Sundays???

Going back to bed I think. It's too early to wake up voluntarily. I'm not THAT much of an adult Ellis :lol:

Bamiegurl
06-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Mornin Chicks! Just drinkin my coffee talking with Mom.

Ellis...Enjoy the day with all your peeps!

Ruth....Have fun cleaning out the doggie pool! Don't fall in. lol

BeachBum...Welcome to the infirno! lol It'd sure nough hot down here!

Jenne...Go back to sleep!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Well I hope you all have a great day. My sisters are coming over at 11 so I better go get ready! Have a great day all!

Barb0522
06-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Okay, I just checked and the strawberry pie recipe wasn't posted so now it is http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=883250#post883250
It is so easy and good.

The ballgame was fun last night. Right now I need to try to get meals planned before church and I'm pretty much out of time since I spent my time here instead. Oh, well, laundry is in the dryer at least.

ellis
06-26-2005, 12:06 PM
mmmm... thanks for posting the recipe, Barb! It sounds yummy and creamy. :)

Bamie, have fun with your sisters! :wave:

Jenn, are you STILL sleeping? :lol:

BB, this heat is too much. :( It is now 92F with the humidex.
I've decided not to wear my new skirt for the shower. It's just too hot. I'm going to wear capris and a coolish top. So much for dressing up! :lol:

Schatzi
06-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Just a quick checkin...no time to read all posts...... Been busy with this weekends Open House.... We got some nibbles....hoping one comes through with an offer....
Later Taters

Gryffgirl
06-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Well, I just got back from the beach. No sunburn this time! We didn't spend a lot of time on the actual beach but we went on some boat tours and things, it was a good time. I managed to stay OP for most of it. I say most because I did indulge myself in a drink at meals. I might stay on Phase I an extra week to make sure this weekend doesn't stall my weightloss. Scale reads up 3 pounds but I didn't drink as much water as I should have so I might be holding some in. :lol: . I'll change my ticker if I, sadly, don't lose the 3 in a bit.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

angelshine90
06-26-2005, 02:54 PM
i think i melted

96..feels like 103......i am going to go sit in the bathtub and read for the rest of the day!

ps in ice cold water

mamaeli
06-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Sorry about the heat, all you northerners. I'll have to call my parents in MI to hear what it's like by them.....here, it's decent, but overcast and humid. I think there's a tropical storm brewing off the coast somewhere.

Well, today is DS's birthday--the big 2! :hb: We went to a Chuck E Cheese type place for lunch, except it has Bullwinkle, Rocky, and the gang, and a cool colored water show. DS was transfixed and ate all of two bites, plus about four of his ice cream. I made good choices, for the most part. My entree was shrimp skewers with red and green peppers and onion grilled. With a side of veggies........and a cheese stick and half a dozen french fries. (shhhh!) We were going to see Madagascar, his first movie, but we were all too tired and he fell asleep in the car. And that's okay. We'll do cake and ice cream tonight. And I will have a little, little bit. And that's okay, too!

Feeling good, because finally, now that I'm not 110% OP, I seem to be losing......ticker has moved! Yay! Maybe moderation IS the key?????

Anyway, cool vibes to all you "hotties" and great day to you all!

brandyns_moom
06-26-2005, 04:11 PM
I hope you're all having a great weekend! It's really hot here :flame: (and everywhere else it seems). I've stayed inside practically all weekend. What a waste of sunshine.

Anyway, I've been completely drained of all energy today, so I'm taking it easy. I bought those sugar free crystal light to go things today. REALLY good. They really helped with my craving for fruit. :cb:

By the way, have any of you found that taking communion effects your diet any? I know it's only a tiny cracker and an itty bitty bit of juice, but I didn't know how that would effect me after almost a week of no sugar. So far it doesn't seem to have had any effect.

Talk to you all later!
Christine :moo:

jenne1017
06-26-2005, 08:30 PM
:lol: Ellis! Nope, we stayed up until 11 then slept until 1p. Then went to a WNBA game :) Ate a bit "splurgy" and now back to Phase 1 for 2 days (ate mexican and had some tortilla chips and in my soup -- but at least I restarined myself!).

:)

Happy Sunday!