Support Groups - ~curvy Vixen~ #6

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : ~curvy Vixen~ #6

PURPLEPANSY
06-24-2005, 08:03 AM
;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are the Curvy Vixens!!!! Why? Because we aim to have our curves in the right places--and according the dictionary a Vixen is a female fox! Remember the 80's? A fox is a good thing!!!!

Please feel free to join in and chat with this lovely group of ladies! :coffee:
:grouphug:

bikerdeb61
06-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Happy Friday everyone! I didn't have to work today, so it was a really good Friday for me. :) The weather has been HOT and HUMID today though. So, I pretty much just stayed in the house and enjoyed the A/C. I did get to the store and bought some healthy stuff to eat.

Have any of you ever eaten the Kellogg's All-Bran brown sugar cinnamon bars? They're not SB-approved apparently but I need something quick to eat when I'm at work and starving. For the most part, it looked like a fairly decent thing to eat. Just wondered if any of you had tried it.

BTW, Smuckers has the BEST sugar-free syrup!! I bought it and ate it with some whole wheat pancake mix that I found. The two things together were absolutely delicious!! If you're interested in the whole wheat pancake mix, I'll give you more info about it. It's really easy -- all you do is add water. And the ingredients were all really healthy.

Any hoo... hope you're all having a good friday and enjoy the weekend! :)

Deb

PURPLEPANSY
06-24-2005, 08:48 PM
thanx deb.. I've been hankering for some waffles.. I heard nutragrain had some good ones...

(((((((((((drum roll)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I lost 2.6 pounds!!! that is in two weeks but I'll take it..:)

bikerdeb61
06-24-2005, 10:52 PM
thanx deb.. I've been hankering for some waffles.. I heard nutragrain had some good ones...

(((((((((((drum roll)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I lost 2.6 pounds!!! that is in two weeks but I'll take it..:)

Congrats on the 2.6 pounds, Lynn!! That's awesome!!! The pancake mix I found is called "Baker Mills Kodiak Cakes -- 100% Whole Wheat -- Frontier Flapjack & Waffle Mix". It's in a brown cardboard box. It's whole wheat, oat and honey. I found it at a grocery store called Dominicks in my area. It's REALLY good! And it's easy too, cuz all you have to do is add water. :)

Deb

Kery
06-25-2005, 04:55 AM
Woo, a new thread! :D The previous one was indeed becoming a little long. Thanks for having opened this one, Lynn :)

Haven't posted too much this week, although I've been lurking a lot (well, this may actually be the reason why - didn't have time left to post after so much time spent reading articles and fitness stuff here!). My eating this week has been, uhm, erratic, so I'm working on this now, finding a good balance again between "not eating a lot due to the heat" and "eating ice-creams because it's hot and they're cold". Gee, summer can be tricky, can't it ;)

Lynn - Congrats on the loss! It may not seem much, but half a pound a week is definitely a GOOD ratio no matter what (it's way better than nothing, after all)!

SoccerGirl - I hope that you feel better now... seems that you had it rough for some time :(

Kim - How is your daughter doing today?

chubbyvixen
06-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Hey girls!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I ran around doing things all day and then watched some tv. Not much I know but most of the tv shows are new for me.

I went to a WW meeting this morning. It was great. I bought one of the WW calculators.

Anyway, things are good. Stayed OP all week. Nic will be out here in a week. Can't wait. Then, Im off to Mississippi for a week, then home. I miss the cats!

Lynn- Congrats on the loss! I'm so proud of you!

Deb- I bought a South Beach sandwich wrap kit yesterday. It was turkey bacon wrap. It came with jello too. The whole thing was 5 points. It filled me up more than a lean cuisine. It was so yummy!

Ok, will post later

Love,
D

bikerdeb61
06-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Hey girls!

Anyway, things are good. Stayed OP all week. Nic will be out here in a week. Can't wait. Then, Im off to Mississippi for a week, then home. I miss the cats!

Deb- I bought a South Beach sandwich wrap kit yesterday. It was turkey bacon wrap. It came with jello too. The whole thing was 5 points. It filled me up more than a lean cuisine. It was so yummy!

I was out grocery shopping and I found some really good low-carb wheat tortillas at my local store. They're called "La Fuerza del Sabor" Low Carb Wheat Flour Tortillas. The ingredients are: Water, Whole Wheat Flour, Mixed Grains (Hard Red Wheat, Oats, Triticale, Rye, Dehulled Barley, Hardwhite Wheat, Soft White Wheat, Spelt Berries, Flax, Canola Oil... etc. The rest of the ingredients start to get long names and hard to type. LOL But there's no saturated fat, 5 grams of dietary fiber, and only 1g of sugar. I think I'm going to start making my own wrap with these. What's nice too is that they're pretty small.

Well I'm off to go see an open house with a friend who's just getting divorced. She's thinking about selling her current house and downsizing to a smaller one.

You all have a great weekend. :)

Deb

chubbyvixen
06-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Hey girls...

Deb- I think I'd like to make my own wraps too. It's not as expensive. Those south beach wraps would have been good to put in a toaster or microwave to melt the cheese. I just can't believe how good it was and WW friendly too.

Last night, we went to eat dinner at my Uncles country club in Virginia. I think I did well. I ordered an 8 oz filet and ate half. Along with white rice, I ate about a cup maybe a cup and a half. Then, steamed veggies. I had one beer. I was proud of myself. Especially when they brought out the dessert tray. My goodness. Oreo pie, cheese cake, peanut butter something. It all looked sooo good! I just sipped on water and enjoyed the conversation with my cousin Nikki. It was nice.

Ok, I'm going to eat my breakfast. I think I'll have some caramel rice cakes.
I hope y'all are having a good day!

Love,
Deanne

krngallo
06-26-2005, 11:34 AM
:cool: Good morning Vixens,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am feeling good and happy I lost .5 pounds this week. I know its not much, but its in the right direction--right?! That brings my total to nearly 16 pounds with JC. I had a few challenges this week that probably slowed my loss. For one thing, I went to a Indian restaurant with my coworkers for lunch one day and had a buffet. It was really good--but buffets are dangerous. Not something to do on a regular basis! But I enjoyed it.

My goal this week is to get more active--and also stick with my planned foods. Last week I only went to the YMCA one day--and aim for at least 3 days of swimming. Although even more days would be better. But its a gradual process.

Speaking of all the discussion about pancakes, I am having some pancakes for breakfast today--they are JC pancakes. They are pretty good. I have also had the Nutrigrain blueberry waffles. They are good too.

Deanne--where did you go to a WW meeting? I am glad you liked it. Are you home now on vacation? I might have missed that from previous posts.

Hope you are all having a happy and healthy day! :flow1:

chubbyvixen
06-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Karen- I'm home now. I went to a meeting here in Maryland at a church. Congrats on the loss!!

chubbyvixen
06-27-2005, 11:43 AM
Just trying to bump the thread up for everyone

goddesskde
06-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Ok, i posted on the old one, i didnt realize we had a new one started .. lol well things are good here.. Had a busy weekend, but what's new. Kenzie is doing much better.. she had a fever for almost 3 days, but it broke and went away on its own. I'm guessing it was just a virus. I went on my walk with Kim a little late today, I had to take Sidney for her last nose check up. All looks good so we're officially all better :)
We're leaving for Indiana on Saturday morning. Visiting the family for the 4th of July. My 18 yr old neice and a couple of friends are coming back with us. I've got 3 rules, no boys, no booze and I will not bail anyone out of jail.. lol I wonder how many of those rules they will break on the first day..
For those that didnt read the old post, I lost 2 lbs over the last week.. woo hooo.. that's a total of 18 lbs so far...

chubbyvixen
06-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Kim...you are just on your way, aren't you? Thats awesome! Only 11 lbs to go. If you don't mind me asking, what size are you? I am in my lower 150s and was able to get a size 10 at old navy. I notice women are different sizes even if they are the same weight though. I'm very short but have stocky legs, so I usually need a bigger size.

goddesskde
06-27-2005, 04:47 PM
I honestly have no idea.. my old navy 10s are a little big,but i dont think i fit into an 8 yet I have 13/14s in junior sizes that are to big, but who knows what size i really wear lol i'd guess a misses 10ish..

bikerdeb61
06-27-2005, 09:33 PM
I honestly have no idea.. my old navy 10s are a little big,but i dont think i fit into an 8 yet I have 13/14s in junior sizes that are to big, but who knows what size i really wear lol i'd guess a misses 10ish..

There was soomething on TV not too long ago about how clothes size is no longer a good indicator, because there's no standard measurement per size. For example, Liz Clairborne makes her sizes a little larger (i.e., I can fit into a sz. 12 of her clothing) whereas with Levi Jeans, I might have to wear a size 14.

Deb

o2bskinny
06-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Hi Ladies!!!! There is so much to tell, but I will make it short. My dad is still in rehab...after several trips back to the hospital. His Physical therapy is going well and we hope he will get to go home sometime this week. We have been at this since May 8th!!! Anyway, they did a CT scan and they found nodules on his lungs. We are praying it isn't more cancer, but right now they just want him strong enough to go home and then I guess he will see a doctor about the nodules later. There has been much frustration with the doctors and no communication between them OR giving us much info. I pray he will go home this week. I have put 4000 miles on my van since May 8. It would be nice to not make the drive every day. Bless his heart. He wants to go home sooooo bad.

Kim and I are walking again. Feels good too. Sounds like you are all doing well. I will do better now and keep up on here.

Dan and I had our 18th anniversary June 20th. We are still planning on our trip to the mountains in July. I will not be at where I wanted to be with my weight, but at least I didn't gain it all back. I need to start back on phase 1, but I want to make sure my dad is HOME before I try to start back. I will for SURE go back to SBD.

Just wanted to check in!
Kim

SoccerGirl
06-28-2005, 08:48 AM
Good morning ladies. I said I was going to be posting more but I haven't been. :( I want to get to know everyone as well as you all know eachother from posting all the time. I think it's great everyone is looking out for eachother here.

I have to admit I'm still struggling with the break up so dieting hasn't been high on my priority list. I'm not looking too great and my friends are noticing. In the last month I've only lost 4 pounds. I'm just not feeling the whole dieting thing at the moment.

I'm trying hard to not let this situation get me to a point where I'm feeling so bad I don't care anymore but it's really hard. The motivation just isn't there anymore.

Unfortunately, my friends aren't really sympathetic anymore and are basically telling me "it's been three weeks, get over it". That doens't help at all. It just makes me feel worse.

So I'm on my own with the support for now. But I know that once I'm out of this funk, I'll be back on track.

So wish me luck vixens! (and send some positive thoughts to Washington DC on my behalf)

bikerdeb61
06-28-2005, 11:21 AM
So I'm on my own with the support for now. But I know that once I'm out of this funk, I'll be back on track.

So wish me luck vixens! (and send some positive thoughts to Washington DC on my behalf)

{{{{{{{{{SoccerGirl}}}}}}}}}}}} (sorry, but I can't remember your name) Sending you big hugs and lots of encouragement. Don't give up -- you've already come so far! BTW, I really don't know these ladies too well yet either. I've just started posting a short time ago. So, I'm still figuring out who's who and what's what. LOL

Deb

bikerdeb61
06-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Hi Ladies!!!! There is so much to tell, but I will make it short. My dad is still in rehab...after several trips back to the hospital. His Physical therapy is going well and we hope he will get to go home sometime this week. We have been at this since May 8th!!! Anyway, they did a CT scan and they found nodules on his lungs. We are praying it isn't more cancer, but right now they just want him strong enough to go home and then I guess he will see a doctor about the nodules later. There has been much frustration with the doctors and no communication between them OR giving us much info. I pray he will go home this week. I have put 4000 miles on my van since May 8. It would be nice to not make the drive every day. Bless his heart. He wants to go home sooooo bad.

Kim and I are walking again. Feels good too. Sounds like you are all doing well. I will do better now and keep up on here.

Dan and I had our 18th anniversary June 20th. We are still planning on our trip to the mountains in July. I will not be at where I wanted to be with my weight, but at least I didn't gain it all back. I need to start back on phase 1, but I want to make sure my dad is HOME before I try to start back. I will for SURE go back to SBD.

Just wanted to check in!
Kim

Kim, congrats on your 18 years wedding anniversary! That's awesome. :) My husband and I celebrate 21 years on July 29th. We'll be celebrating it together in Sturgis, South Dakota at the motorcycle rally. LOL

Still sending lots of prayers for your dad. I went through taking care of my mom when she had uterine cancer. I had to drive quite a bit myself. It was a little over an hour drive to the apartment where she was at, half hour drive from apartment to hospital for treatment, half hour back to apartment, and then a little over an hour back home again. So, needless to say, I spent alot of time driving in my car too. So, I really can sympathize with what you're going through. Hang in there! I hope he comes home this week too. :) Good luck!!

Deb

SoccerGirl
06-28-2005, 11:48 AM
{{{{{{{{{SoccerGirl}}}}}}}}}}}} (sorry, but I can't remember your name) Sending you big hugs and lots of encouragement. Don't give up -- you've already come so far! BTW, I really don't know these ladies too well yet either. I've just started posting a short time ago. So, I'm still figuring out who's who and what's what. LOL

Deb
Thanks so much for the encouragment. It feels good to be getting it from somewhere. I know my friends mean well. But I guess they are tired of seeing me mope around and feel sorry for myself. I hate being this way. I mean, I'm 30 years old and I should be handling this much better. But I realize it doesn't matter how old you are, finding out someone you love doesn't love you anymore is just hard to deal with. :cry:

I know it takes time to feel better. I just wish it would come sooner rather than later.

bikerdeb61
06-28-2005, 12:33 PM
But I realize it doesn't matter how old you are, finding out someone you love doesn't love you anymore is just hard to deal with. :cry:

You're right... it doesn't matter how old you are. It's tough when you find out that a relationship is over, and your heart is still in it. My girlfriend has been married 20 years and is going through a divorce right now. She knows that it's for the best but it is still a very hard thing to handle. Hang in there!

Hugs, Deb

o2bskinny
06-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Soccergirl - I wish I had a quick fix for you. There is nothing that will fix a broken heart besides time. 3 weeks is hardly enough time to mend, your friends should know that. I wish all broken hearts could heal that fast! Just doesn't work that way. You are strong though, you have made it this far. Try to put some energy into yourself now. Hard to do and it may no be possible at this point, but things will get better, I guarantee it. You will be a much stronger person when this is all said and done. Give it more time and try to pull yourself back up at little at a time. Hang in there...sorry I can't help more, but you can do it.

Deb, sounds like a fun anniversary in store for you. But if you both enjoy it, that is all that matters! I actually wouldn't mind spending ours at a race track! HEHE! I know, I am weird! Thanks for the well wishes with my dad. I am keeping my figers crossed. How did your moms cancer turn out? Did they do surgery? Chemo? Spending all that time sure gives you lots of time to think, doesn't it??

Well, Kim and I walked this morning, It is hotter than blazes out there. It is hard to breathe. Our air is in code orange right now so it is not ideal outside.
Gotta go for now. I will be back later to check in!

Kim

o2bskinny
06-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Deb......I meant to say that spending all that time IN THE CAR gives you lots of time to think. Sorry, I am still not all here apparently!
Kim

chubbyvixen
06-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Hey chicks...just a quick note.

Kim- We have all missed you! You such a positive attitude. I love it. It sounds like things are moving forward for your dad. 18 years...that is amazing. Thats so inspiring. Oh and Im glad you and Kim are doing your walks again. I know that helps to make you feel better. I know she missed the walks too. If you need anything, Im here for you.

Soccergirl- I know breakups are so hard. You'll get through it. You honestly just have to give it time. Don't forget about your needs, ok? I think women tend to be so selfless sometimes. Its a wonderful trait but can hurt us sometimes. Take care of yourself. Oh and there is no timeline on healing from a breakup. Whether its 3 weeks to a year. Thats your business. You take the time you need, ok?

Deb- I know that sizes aren't really a good indicator of weight loss. Still, its fun to try on a smaller size and have it fit. I wish the measurements were universal. I used to be a size 3/4. Holy crap. I just thought about that. I know Ill probably never be that size again. Goodness. Thats so tiny!

Ok my dad is good so far. I was 4 points under yesterday. Im still trying to work on that.
Im excited about Nic coming to meet my dad and stepmom. I know hes nervous. Its cute though.

Ill post later...

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
06-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Ok, I just got back from work. I am doing a nursery this week, pro-bono but its still fun to decorate for a baby. I managed to get the top and the bottom colors on but I still have a lot of work ahead of me. I'm putting blocks of stripes on the bottom of the wall and a hazy diamond pattern on the upper wall.. it will turn out adorable i'm sure, but boy is it going to make some LONG days lol...
I'm doing pretty good on my diet,, a few small cheats here and there, but the numbers are still going down so I'm not to worried. I'm just very concious of not pigging out totally....

bikerdeb61
06-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Deb, sounds like a fun anniversary in store for you. But if you both enjoy it, that is all that matters! I actually wouldn't mind spending ours at a race track! HEHE! I know, I am weird! Thanks for the well wishes with my dad. I am keeping my figers crossed. How did your moms cancer turn out? Did they do surgery? Chemo? Spending all that time sure gives you lots of time to think, doesn't it??

Kim, actually I think a race track sounds fun too. :) Are you talking about car racing? or horse racing? My mom's cancer didn't turn out very well, mostly because she ignored it for five years until it was inoperable. At that point, she was stage four. We found out about the cancer from her sometime in early March and she died June 17, 2001. It would have been treatable if she'd gone to the doctor right away, but she chose not to. :(

Deb

bikerdeb61
06-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey chicks...just a quick note.

Deb- I know that sizes aren't really a good indicator of weight loss. Still, its fun to try on a smaller size and have it fit. I wish the measurements were universal. I used to be a size 3/4. Holy crap. I just thought about that. I know Ill probably never be that size again. Goodness. Thats so tiny!

Wow, I don't think I've ever been a size 3/4. The smallest size I wore was a 5/6 I think, when I was in 8th grade. After that, my average size was a 7/8. I weighed 125 pounds when I got pregnant with both of my kids, and only gained 25 pounds with each pregnancy. Now I weigh more than I did when I was pregnant. :o (sigh)

Deb

o2bskinny
06-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Deb, I am sorry to hear about your story with your mom not ending well. Cancer is so scary! I know very few people whose lives have not been touched by it in some way or another. Thanks for sharing that. Oh, and I meant car racing for sure. Our whole family loves it!

Thanks Deanne for the sweet words. I am glad to be back too. Amazing how we take the little things for granted until we don't have them or can't do them. Like posting on this board! I will need so much help when I get back on track though. OMG! But I know I can do it. AND I WILL!!!!
Hope the meeting with Nic and your dad goes well! How fun!! I know you probably said, but are you in Jackson? Or where?

Soccergirl, I hope your heart is mending a little more each day.

Kim

chubbyvixen
06-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey girls

Kim- I'm in Maryland right now. This is where my dad lives. My mom lives in Jackson. Nics parents live in Biloxi. I'm all over the place this vacation :)

chubbyvixen
06-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Wow i was the last one to post...where are y'all? I hope everyones ok.

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
06-30-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm fine just been busy the last few days. I'm working on that nursery and in between i'm trying to do like 9 million loads of laundry and keep 5 kids entertained. UGH...it's fun let me tell you lol. I have found a major trigger food for me. Cake.. pound cake to be exact. My daughter wanted pound cake the other day so I baked one (from scratch even) and granted it's really good, but I can feel the weight creep back up.. i'm only up a few tenths of a pound, but you know sometimes you can tell its not just gonna be water weight... lol so i'm sworn off pound cake, i'm going to force feed it to the kids lol...

chubbyvixen
06-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Lol...I'm glad Im not a big fan of sweets. There are certain types of cake that I do like. Its like if I dont have it, I dont miss it at all. Then, if I have even the smallest piece, I want the whole damn thing.

Kim, you have lost alot of weight girl! Good for you. You're super mom. You do all this stuff for your kids, paint for people, AND diet and exercise. Its amazing.

bikerdeb61
06-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Wow i was the last one to post...where are y'all? I hope everyones ok.

hi Deanne,

I'm here! I had to work yesterday so didn't have any time to check notes or post a reply. It was my second to last day on the job. My last day is on Saturday. After the way they acted yesterday, I'm so glad I'm leaving!! :-p I don't mean to sound like it has to be all about me, but they have been completely ignoring the fact that I'm leaving. Yesterday was my last day of working with a majority of the staff, and none of them said a word --- not goodbye, not good luck, nothing. So, at the end of the day, I walked up to the area where the office manager was chatting with everybody and just said, "thank you for the opportunity of working here". She said, "oh you're leaving? ok... see ya" ... my poor lil ego sure was stung. I mean, I know I'm not all that but after being there for a year, do you think I could have at least gotten some acknowledgement that I was going? :-p GRRRRR

Oh well... I keep telling myself that it confirms that I'm doing the right thing. I felt like I never really fit in very well there from the start.

So, any hoo... that's where I'm at right now. :-(

Deb

bikerdeb61
06-30-2005, 02:43 PM
I have found a major trigger food for me. Cake.. pound cake to be exact.

Kim, I can so relate to that!! I was at a jewelry party at my friend's house last night. Somebody had brought a cinnamon bundt cake. I had a small taste of it and then ended up having two more slices.... UGH! It was so good!! :-p So, today I'm being really scrupulous about sticking close to my food plan. I've lost about 7-8 pounds so far and want to keep going.

Deb

goddesskde
06-30-2005, 06:15 PM
lol well at least you can blame it on someone else.. i did it to myself..baked the darn thing and then ate to much of it.

o2bskinny
06-30-2005, 11:58 PM
Deb, thank your lucky stars that you won't be there anymore!! Think of that as a positive thing.....getting away from them!!!! :cp:

My dad went home today!! YAY!!! :cb: :hat: :cp: :dancer: :cheer: How awesome is that??? WOO HOO!!!! He went home with 21 medicines!!! I had to make a list of what he takes and when he takes it so he could keep up with it! BUT HE'S HOME!!! :D
Ok, so we got home, my little girl was burning up so I took her temp 102.4! OMG! Can't things get back to normal???? I have a wedding to do this weekend, which means I start on the flowers tomorrow!!!! My hubby is working 2 jobs and she is sick!!!! This is why I don't work full time! It would never work!!!! Bless her heart, she gets all quiet and cuddly when she is sick. I just want to cuddle too!!!! I hate when the kids get sick! :(

Ok, when Kim and I walked tonight, I figured after the fourth, I am getting back on phase 1 and getting with the program. So I am not thin for the summer.....but I will be for Christmas! And Next summer! So there!!!! ;)
That is the plan! Ladies, if you don't have a plan, get one!! :lol:
Check in tomorrow!
Kim

bikerdeb61
07-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Kim, that's so great that your dad came home!! I'm so happy for you both!!! :bravo: :balloons:

Hugs, Deb

Kery
07-02-2005, 02:35 AM
Hi VIxens! Sorry for the lack of posting, this site's been awfully slow for me the past week and it takes me hours to load pages, which makes it hard t ofollow :(

Kim - It's good that your father is home! I hope that things will go on improving, and {{{hugs}}} for keeping your head up!

bikerdeb61
07-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Hope that you're all having a nice 4th of July weekend. :) I have slowly but gradually been really slipping on my South Beach thing.... cheating a little bit here, a little bit there. I think I need to go back to Phase 1 for a week, and pull the reins in again. Purge my body of the bad stuff that I've been snacking on. Good news is that I don't think I've done too much damage weight-wise. I just don't feel good about how I've been handling my eating.

So, since I'm now done with work (YAAAAAAAY!!!), I'm going to devote my energy to getting myself back in line.

Any hoo... just thought I'd drop a note on here and see how you all were doing. Take care. :)

Deb

o2bskinny
07-03-2005, 02:55 PM
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!! I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday weekend! Mine has not been so good....my little one has strep, so we are pretty much stuck. I did flowers for a wedding this weekend that was gorgeous and turned out nice. My hubby is catching up on his fences. He does wooden fences on the side. My working and daughters being sick has thrown him behind. Anyway, we are planning to go to a local park tomorrow night for fireworks and a concert. It is so hot! I would love to jump in the pool, but the daughter wouldn't like me much since she can't, so I will work in the house today. FUN FUN!

Deb, I need to restart Phase 1 on South Beach too. It takes so much to go get the foods to do it though! So expensive! Its worth it, Just gotta do it!

I have been looking at so many clothes in cataloges and online. I want to be thin again, I want to look good in them!!!! It won't happen this summer! But I will get there.

Anyway, need to go get busy!

Kim

bikerdeb61
07-04-2005, 06:15 PM
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!! I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday weekend! Mine has not been so good....my little one has strep, so we are pretty much stuck.

Kim, I meant to include that I hope your experience with strep is short lived and that your baby is feeling better soon! :)

Deb

PURPLEPANSY
07-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Gals!!!!!!
I have been MIA!! I'm so sorry!! My computer crashed and we had to buy another. Two days into setting it up, we had a major thunderstorm and the modem went!! Two days out to be fixed. Then we had a major health crisis. Jim's MRI came back with a suspicious lesion on his kidney. I freaked! More test revealed he has an abnormal kidney, but it isn't life threatening. I have been so out of my mind. Needless to say. I am back online now and I have soooo much to catch up on.
We leave in a week for Hawaii and I am not at the weight I wanted to be. But, I learned that life throws a curve to keep us on our toes. I am happy and grateful for our health.
Love
Lynn

o2bskinny
07-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Deb, Kacie is doing much better! Thanks! She just needed a few days of antibiotics to kick in and she is a new kid again! YAY! We were supposed to go to the lake, but stayed home and in the pool all day yesterday and went to a park to see fireworks, so it was a nice fourth anyway. The lake would have probably been so crowded we would have been miserable. We go next weekend for a family reunion though. I pray the rest of us don't end up with strep! UGH!

Lynn, GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK!!!! There is such a love-hate relationship with computers, isn't there? What would we do without them though?? I am so glad that Jim's Ok. I know you were freaked. You are right life throws us curves and that is ok. I am not where I wanted to be for my hubbys and mine trip, but that is ok.

Well, I have lots to do today. I just wanted to check in. The board is so slow! What is going on?????

chubbyvixen
07-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Hey girls!
Sorry I havent posted. Nic was here to meet my dad. It went great. He loved them. They loved him. It was perfect. He left last night. I leave for Mississippi today. Lots of traveling. Im so ready to back in Qatar though. Ive stayed OP this whole vacation except the 3 days when Nic was here. Now, Im back on track. I lost 2 lbs the second week I was here. Not sure about the first week. Ill be able to see the total loss when I get back to Qatar and can use my scale there.

Im glad everyones doing ok. Ill post more later tonight.

Love yall,
Deanne

PURPLEPANSY
07-06-2005, 08:40 AM
good morning,
Kim~~ I am so glad you dad is doing better. You must be thrilled
Deb~~ sounds to me you made the right move in leaving. I think when you leave a job people feel jealous that they are STUCK there! What are your plans now?
Deanne~~ glad your vacation is going well!! How long of a plane ride is it home?
It is ten hours to hawaii, I dunno If I can sit that long!

The story~
Jim's back went out in south carolina on vacation and he ended up the hospital. When he came home his doctor ordered a current MRI. The results just happened to show a lesion on his kidney. So off we went to a specialist. In the mean time I was a wreck. I had chronic diarrehia for a week. I was thinking it was kidney cancer. My own doctor upped my zoloft which made me a zombie. After a week of craziness it showed he has a malformation of the collecting tube. Who woulda thought? He is 43 and this was never picked up. After our vacation he has to see another specialist and have more testing. His MRI showed that he might need surgery on his back and neck. I am trying to be more positve and not worry, but I am a worrier.
Needless to say I have not at all dieted. I have gained. I went back on points yesterday. All of you are doing so well, and right now I need your support. I need a kick in the pants..
I'm throwing a surprise 25th wedding anniversary for some friends in aug and I have to write out the inviations today.
I also have to have my mail stopped for the trip and make last minute arrangements for the pet sitter...
Heather is working in an office two days a week doing clerical work... she loves it.
Jamie on the other hand broke up with Mike, she said it wasn't working out, they both had rebounded from previous relationships and didn't have much in common. She is bummed about it, but felt she needed to do it now so they didn't get too attached.
My gardens are exploding with color!! My sunflowers will bloom when i'm away.. I hope they don't whither till I come back...
hugz to everyone.. thanx for letting me vent...

bikerdeb61
07-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Lynn, my prayers go out to you and your husband. It sounds like you've really got a plateful right now. You don't need a kick in the pants -- you need a hug! {{{{{{{{{{{Lynn}}}}}}}}}}}

My plans now are to enjoy the rest of the summer until I start school full-time in the fall. Then, I'll be doing the vet tech program. That takes two years to complete and get an associate's degree. It'll be nice to not have to work and be able to just focus solely on school and studying. :)

Again, my prayers go out to you....

Hugs, Deb

PURPLEPANSY
07-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Deb~~ Thanx for the prayers and well wishes.. and most of all that wonderful hug.. I really was in need of one..
enjoy the summer... I love animals and would love to have done what you are doing.. sounds wonderful.. I instead became a nurse.. but just between you and I.. animals are better.. hhehehee..
I have been home the last year.. mom had a stroke, she is well now. I wanted to go back after the summer, but we shall see what is going on with Jim and his back..
have a wonderful wed.. all
Love
Lynn

bikerdeb61
07-07-2005, 12:01 AM
hi Lynn,

Well I'm not sure if you know what a vet tech does, but it's pretty much an animal nurse. I've been told that the school for vet tech is as intense as human nursing. So I'm a bit nervous about it. :eek: I thought about doing the human nursing but I really can't stand dealing with sick people. LOL

Deb

bikerdeb61
07-08-2005, 03:36 PM
bumpity bump... we're on the second page again! :eek:

Hope everybody is having a good friday! It's a gorgeous day here, and I'm going to pull my motorcycle out and wash it up. It got all dirty when we got caught in rain the other day.

Deb

SoccerGirl
07-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Hi Curvy Ladies.

I want to thank you those of you again who have offered their support to me.
I wish I could say I'm feeling better but I'm still not.

Things are really hard for me and I was told maybe I'm trying to deal with too many things at once so since I've lost over 40 pounds already I should ease up on the dieting thing and get my emotional ducks in a row first. So I thought maybe that's what I would do but then I feel like I'm losing control.

Some days are better than others. I've never been depressed like this before. This is all so new to me and I don't know how to handle it. I want to be my normal happy and perky self again. I just can't find that girl anymore.

PURPLEPANSY
07-11-2005, 06:45 PM
wow gals.. where is everyone??/ :)..
I know I haven't been here as well... well I'm off to hawaii tomorrow.. and wanted to say aloha...be well and will post when I get back... :)

PURPLEPANSY
07-11-2005, 06:46 PM
hey deb..
yes I have a close friend who is a vet tech... she had alot of schooling, but loved it, as she loves animals... good luck...

chubbyvixen
07-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Hey chicks...i thought I would have the internet in Mississippi but I didnt. So, Im back in Maryland now. I leave to go back to Qatar tomorrow. I cant wait!!
I just wanted to say hi. Ill post tomorrow.

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
07-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Ok ladies i'm back.. we went to visit relatives in IN for a few days and then camping for a few days. It was fun.. lots of time at the beach and even a water park. granted it was 75 and i froze my arse off lol but the kids had a blast. I didnt weigh in since i was on "vacation" With 4th of july noone had anything remotely resembling food on plan so I'm back on phase 1 this week. I need to get back on track.. i even had dairy queen!!!! sigh.. it was totally worth it though lol..

ctrsara
07-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Sorry I haven't posted:
A) I've been pretty busy and haven't been totally concentrating on my diet due to other health issues - I don't even know how much I weigh right now (though it doesn't seem to have changed much clothes-fitting-wise) cause I haven't been able to go to the gym in almost 2 weeks)
B) I kept checking in my User CP for the Curvy Vixens thread (well, a few times in the last 2 weeks) but it was never updated.
Finally I got smart and went looking for you. Sigh.
Hope everyone's doing well. I'm so out of the loop!

goddesskde
07-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Ok ladies, where is everyone.. i know a couple of you are vacationing but the rest of us have no excuse!!

chubbyvixen
07-14-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey chicks...I missed y'all! I'm finally back home. I missed my connecting flight in London and had to sit at that airport for 12 hours!! It was awful. Scares me after the bombs they had there last week. They had swat teams all over the place.

Anyway, I lost a total of 5 lbs! Yay! Of course, that was weight that I had gained back after losing it. Oh well, its gone now. So, Im holding steady at 154 lbs. I didn't stay OP today at all. Ill be back on track soon though.

The cats got HUGE. They're so funny. The guy that kept them didnt want to give them back.

Ok, I hope y'all are doing well. Seems like everyone is MIA. Get back here!

Love,
Deanne

bikerdeb61
07-18-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm back too! My husband and I went camping in Brown County, IN for a week. The weather REALLY sucked for the first few days. I guess it was the after-effects of Hurricane Dennis, but it rained pretty much day and night from Monday (when we got there) til Wednesday evening. :-p

On top of it, I ended up getting two ticks attached to me during the time I was there. I found the first one attached to my calf only an HOUR after we got there. And I just found the second tick attached to my shoulder blade after I got home tonight. It must have been there for a bit because my husband said it was pretty good-sized. EWWWWW! Gawd, I hate ticks. I managed to camp in Arkansas every year when I was a kid, and never got a single one. And, here I end up with two and my husband didn't get any! (grrrr)

I'm glad to be back home. :tired:

Deb

o2bskinny
07-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone!! Wow, not much activity goin on around here. Where is everyone?
Deanne ~ I bet you are glad to be back home, aren't you? Good for you losing thos pounds!!!
Deb ~ I had a dream a few nights ago that my husband was picking ticks off my back. Your post freaked me out since I had that dream! UGH! I hate bugs. Especially the ones that get under your skin! EWWW!
ctrsara ~ Hope you are doing better! Get your health taken care of first and then you can deal with the diet. Hang in there!

Well, my hubby and I leave for the mountains Thursday. We will take our little one to her grandmothers and then get up Friday and head out. YAY!I feel kind of bad though......She was SUPPOSED to be going to Florida with some friends next week (my son is in Montana on a church mission trip for 10 days), so that is why we planned a getaway! Now everyone will be gone except for my little girl.....I almost want to take her with me, but that defeats the whole purpose of the trip! UGH! I feel guilty!

I decided to start back on SBD Phase 1 when I get back from vacationing. I cannot do phase 1 while gone. It lasts 2 weeks so I will wait till I am home and settled back down. RRRRGGGG! I so wanted to be thinner by now. Just didn't work out.

Well, I have ranted and raved enough.
Kim

bikerdeb61
07-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Have a fun trip, Kim! Try not to feel TOO guilty about not having your daughter with you. I think that you'll really enjoy the time away. My younger son stayed home while my husband and I went camping. And, I'll tell you ... I really enjoyed the break. Though, when I got home and found that most of my flowers were near death cuz he hadn't watered them enough, I wasn't too happy. :-p

Yep, I was pretty creeped out too when I saw both of those ticks. I can't believe you actually dreamed about having ticks... EWW!

I think I need to go back to Phase 1 for a bit too. I've gotten a little out of control with Phase 2 and need to straighten myself out.

Any how... it's really good to be back! :)

Deb

bikerdeb61
07-18-2005, 06:23 PM
By the way.... the good news is that I didn't gain any weight while I was on vacation. I just weighed myself this morning and am still at 155 (lost 10 pounds now), even with the TOM coming up pretty soon. Yaaay!

Deb

chubbyvixen
07-20-2005, 10:18 AM
Where Is Everyone??? I Miss Yall!

bikerdeb61
07-20-2005, 11:34 AM
hi Deanne,
I'm here! Just getting caught up on stuff since we got home from camping. My younger son called late last night while we were sleeping, said that his car had been broken into and his radio stolen. He was at a local movie theater when it happened. They broke a smaller rear window to get in and unlock the door. (grrrrrr) He didn't mention it last night, but I saw the police report in his car and it said they also stole his drivers license. :-p So, needless to say, he's pretty aggravated.

Deb

chubbyvixen
07-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Awww...Im sorry Deb. That would probably aggravate the **** out of me too. How is everything else with you?

Things are good here. Just getting back into the groove of things. Im looking for a job. Its a long process. Oh and we're moving this week to new villas. Im so excited!

Well, talk with you later. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Love,
Deanne

bikerdeb61
07-22-2005, 12:35 AM
Yeah, it was pretty aggravating. They also stole his wallet, which for gawd knows what reason he left in the car. So he has to go get a new drivers license. And his debit card was in the wallet, so he had to let the bank know right away that it had been stolen.

Other than that, things are going okay. I'm having a graduation party for my son on Saturday, so trying to get ready for that. Also, trying to tie up loose ends before I start the vet tech program on August 22nd. I've got to get a couple tests done (EKG and chest x-ray) before the first day of class.

And, we'll be going on another camping trip in about a week. So have to get clothes washed and get ready for that too. We're going to Sturgis, SD for the motorcycle rally there.

How are you?

Deb

chubbyvixen
07-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Wow you seem so busy! Vet tech sounds like fun. That is right up my alley. I have been looking into it. Something to go back to the States and do.

Nic and I are moving into the new villas on Tuesday. We went to look at them today. They're HUGE! They're 2 stories, 3 living rooms, 3 bedrooms. We get the master bedroom so we have a california king bed in it. They have a clubhouse in the compound. It has a wet bar, a big screen tv, leather sofas, a kitchen, and get this...A GYM!!! No more excuses. Its 15 feet away from our villa. They have a treadmill, stationary bike, 3 of those bowflex thingys and a yoga area. Theres a big pool that I can exercise in too. Its awesome!! Im a little scared of who our roommates will be. Im sure it will be ok though.

Hows your diet? Mine is not so good. Im not that unhappy about it though. I know that I will get back on track. Im just enjoying life right now. Im using Tuesday as my "get back on the track" day. I will ease my way into it between now and then. On Tuesday, its FULLY on track. Im going to try to set up an exercise time for each day at the same time. That way, Im on a good schedule.

Ok chick...I hope everyones ok. No one has been posting. Maybe Ill send an email to Lynn to check on her.

Love,
Deanne

bikerdeb61
07-22-2005, 09:21 PM
I am kinda busy, and I know it's only going to get worse once I start school. :( I spent the day planting some perennials that I'd bought while we were gone camping. The impatiens that I had planted previously went belly-up cuz of the heat wave and drought we're having here in IL. So, I'm hoping that once these perennials get established, they'll do better. I picked ones that were considered more drought and heat tolerant (i.e., black-eyed susans, columbines, russian sage).

Wow, the villa sounds so cool! You'll have to take some pictures and share them with us, so we can see what it looks like. :)

My diet has been going pretty well, slow but good. A bunch of people were commenting to me last night that they could really tell I'd lost weight. This is the first time that I've seen my change in eating affect the belly and butt area so quickly. This South Beach Diet is amazing for that! My stomach is nearly flat again, which is the first time in a looooooooong time. I think I've lost 10 pounds but won't weigh myself cuz my blasted "Aunt Flo" (the monthly curse) just came. :-p

Yeah, nobody else is writing here. I guess they're all busy doing summer things huh? Hope everybody is ok!

Hugs, Deb

ctrsara
07-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Okay, so I'm not sure where I am right now as far as healthy eating and exercising goes. The last few weeks have been pretty intense in some ways, and for a few reasons, my body is just not doing well. I have been having to try to avoid sugary foods, including natural sugar, so some of my "staple" foods have been less- and not-allowed. Even like milk products and fruits. I feel out of control eating-wise, though I'm not eating any junk food (of the sugary variety). My birthday is Friday and I was hoping to be to 147 or at least 150, but with all that's been going on (including a whirlwind 4-day trip to San Diego last weekend) I'm totally off track and a little discouraged. I'm at like 154 or something, and TOM just started, and I just don't know what to do. The same physical problem has kept me from exercising much, though I did it twice last week finally, and I'm going to try to get in 3-4 times this week. I need help!
(and Deanne, where are you? You haven't e-mailed...)
Thanks, and sorry to sound down. I'm going to re-commit to come on this site everyday, hopefully it can help my motivation.

goddesskde
07-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Hey Sara, I know how you feel as far as being a little out of control. I'm trying to follow the south beach diet as well, but it's been iffy at best the last 3 weeks. Summer is hard for me, it's birthday season in my household. Kenzie turned 5 on July 14th, I'll be 33 on Wednesday, then we have Sid 10 on August 22, our anniversary on August 24th .. September we just have one birthday on the 26th (Paige will be 13!!!) and October we have Bailey (she'll be 8) on the 22nd and my hubby on the 24th...
And exercise is almost non existant with the weather. I get up at 7 am and it's to hot to even go walking then. It's so humid you can't hardly breath outside... at 11pm yesterday it was still 87.. so my walks are difficult to get in. I know i can work out inside, but to be honest, I hate working out alone and I was counting on forcing the other Kim to go with me lol..

goddesskde
07-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Ok ladies... where is everyone!!!!

ctrsara
07-26-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm here. And I worked out yesterday. My younger sister will often come up and meet me there, which is motivation for both of us. I shouldn't have weighed though, on the first day of TOM. I'm up 3 lbs from Friday! And I was not bad this weekend. Not wonderful, but not bad. Even though I know it's not "real" weight it's still discouraging... sigh. I'm sure I'll feel better in a few days. Drinking lots of water today, and working out after work at the gym... hope everyone's having a good day!
(Kim, birthdays are the worst for trying to stay on plan. I'm glad we won't be home for my birthday Friday, so no one will feel compelled to make me a cake which I can't eat. I'm sure we'll eat out though, so that won't be healthy... hmm.)

bikerdeb61
07-26-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm here too. Got results back from bloodwork that I had done for the vet tech program. I found out that I'm hypothyroid, hypoglycemic (I knew that already), and may have gallbladder problems. I have been feeling really tired and mentally foggy lately but thought that was a perimenopause thing. I went for an ultrasound of my gallbladder this morning, and will have to wait 3-5 days to find out whether or not it'll need to be removed.

I was a little bummed out yesterday after finding out about my thyroid and gallbladder. But at least it explains why I've been feeling so tired and mentally out of it for awhile.

It's been REALLY hot here too. We finally got some rain yesterday, and the temps are going to cool down to the mid-70's tomorrow. But then it goes back up to the mid-80's after that. Its really not the heat that stinks though, it's the humidity. :-p

Sorry, guys... I'm still in a whiney kind of mood I guess. :-/

Deb

goddesskde
07-26-2005, 12:05 PM
80's I'd love the 80's lol... we're boardering 100 still, its been this way for almost 2 weeks now. With the heat index it feels like 110 outside so it's brutal if you try to get out in the heat for any amount of time.
I never weigh in the first 3 days of my period. It's just awful how much weight you gain just in water retension. I'm due to start in a few days myself.. boy i wish i could just skip it totally but then i'd have to do something drastic like surgery lol.

bikerdeb61
07-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Yeah, 80's is MUCH better than the 90's (and even 100) that we've been experiencing. The only thing that I wish would go away is the humidity. We had a couple days where the temp hit 100, with 110 heat index, and it was miserable. Hope my brother-in-law is enjoying the pool that we gave him. ;)

Deb

bikerdeb61
07-28-2005, 04:48 PM
OK, where is everybody? I just got done planting some more flowers in front, and now I've got to get packing for my trip to Sturgis on Sunday. Got a list of other stuff to get done too before I leave.

Just thought I'd pop on here to see how you're all doing. :)

Deb

ctrsara
07-28-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm here, just not feeling motivated enough to post. I have worked out 3 times this week, and tomorrow we're going to a waterpark, so I think I'll get the equivalent of a work out there. Of course the eating out will completely cancel that out. (It's my birthday tomorrow, and we're going out of town for the weekend.) Hmm.
Heat? I am so sick of it. Here in Arizona we may not have much in the way of humidity (as I experienced one summer in Florida) but it's monsoon season, so the small amount of humidity makes up for the slightly cooler (97º-110º) we are currently having. I hate the heat. It really just ruins my mood. WHY do I live here? WHY has my family lived here for generations? I think we're all slightly off our rockers.
I had a piece of cake and some ice cream today because the office threw me a party. But that's much more than I've had in months. Ever tried the no-sugar-added Dilly Bars from Dairy Queen? They're quite tasty, and about 5-6 pts on WW. Anyway, back to work. I hope you're all doing well! (I agree: where is everyone?)

bikerdeb61
07-28-2005, 07:51 PM
I'm here, just not feeling motivated enough to post. I have worked out 3 times this week, and tomorrow we're going to a waterpark, so I think I'll get the equivalent of a work out there. Of course the eating out will completely cancel that out. (It's my birthday tomorrow, and we're going out of town for the weekend.) Hmm.
Heat? I am so sick of it. Here in Arizona we may not have much in the way of humidity (as I experienced one summer in Florida) but it's monsoon season, so the small amount of humidity makes up for the slightly cooler (97º-110º) we are currently having. I hate the heat. It really just ruins my mood. WHY do I live here? WHY has my family lived here for generations? I think we're all slightly off our rockers.
I had a piece of cake and some ice cream today because the office threw me a party. But that's much more than I've had in months. Ever tried the no-sugar-added Dilly Bars from Dairy Queen? They're quite tasty, and about 5-6 pts on WW. Anyway, back to work. I hope you're all doing well! (I agree: where is everyone?)

Hope you have a really happy birthday tomorrow, and a fun time at the water park. :) Since its your birthday, I don't think I'd worry too much about what you eat. It's a special day...celebrate! Tomorrow is my 21st wedding anniversary. My husband and I are going to go riding on our motorcycles (weather cooperating) and then go out to lunch together. He's got to work the midnight shift tomorrow night, so we can't go out in the evening. Also, we're leaving for Sturgis on Sunday. So I guess that counts as part of our wedding anniversary celebration. (grin)

You're right... Arizona is HOT! I was there in August years ago. I remember it was about 118 degrees, and I was laying out in the sun next to a pool. Every so often when I got too hot, I'd flip over into the pool and cool off. By the time I left, I had a wicked tan. Though I guess that isn't something that is socially correct any more. I looked pretty darn good, if I must say so though. LOL

Well, take care, everybody. I'll drop in and post a note before I leave on my trip. After I get back, I'll only have one week to enjoy before my classes start. :eek:

Deb

PURPLEPANSY
07-29-2005, 07:51 PM
ALOHA VIXENS...
I am back from vacation.. whew... I'm so tired.. still trying to get on ny time.... we had a fab time..... I'll post pics... when I get back on track.
I weighed in this am.. yikes.... i'm up 6 pounds... how I dunno.. I ate a whole lotta pineapple...
post latah..
love
lynn

bikerdeb61
07-30-2005, 01:24 AM
Welcome back, Lynn! I'm off to Sturgis, SD on Sunday morning. Hopefully I won't gain a whole lot of weight while I'm gone. I've been so proud about how I'm doing. I've lost 11 pounds so far and am down to 154! (yaaaay!)

Deb

o2bskinny
08-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Ok, I am back from vacation and I have gained 7 pounds back. OUCHIE! Good lord, you have no idea how many nice restaurants I have been to these past 10 days! Of course they were all fabulous.....way too fabulous obviously!!! I don't even know if I remember how to cook!! I am starting over on phase 1 SBD today. Went to the store and got all stocked up. SO......here goes. I also talked to Kim last night and we will start walking again tonight. I have GOT to get rid of this fat!!!! I hate myself right now!!!!
Good to be back......
Kim

goddesskde
08-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Ok, I survived my birthday and family visiting. I'm starting over on phase 1 south beach diet this morning as well. I figure I have 22 days to detox before the next birthday and our anniversary hits. lol Kim and I are going to start walking again tonight. Hopefully the heat will die down after the sun goes down. It's miserable to be out in the day so we're going to try night time. I'm up a pound, but I'm spotting and will probably start my period by tomorrow morning. So I'm not going to get to worried about it. If I'm still up next week I'll have to move my little ticker in the wrong direction :(
Well I hope everyone is doing well..
I'll check back in later

ctrsara
08-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Okay chicks, it sounds like we're all on the same page: too much vacation, a little more weight to lose. I hope I can do it. I know I -can- do it, I just hope I will. Even these two lbs make a difference and I don't feel very good about myself. I'm not working out today, but Tuesday through Friday I wil, maybe even Saturday! I -try- to do the WW plan, but it's been struggling lately and I haven't truly counted points in weeks. Right now I am at 13 pts and I get 20-25 for the day. I WILL stay within my points today. That means like 10 pts for dinner, and lots of water. I can do this.
Heh. (trying to psyche myself into being good. Shh, don't tell me!)

chubbyvixen
08-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Hey chicks! Sorry I haven't posted...we moved into our new villas and don't have a phone line yet. So, Im at an internet cafe right now. I can't go a week without the internet. Not to mention, we dont have cable yet. So, Im totally out of tune with whats going on in the world. My MAIN reason for finally coming to an internet cafe is I miss y'alls support. Also, I needed an update on whats going on with the Natalee Holloway case. Im addicted to it. I feel so bad for her and her family.

I dont know if i told y'all about the stray cat that was hanging out around our old villa. She was pregnant. We couldnt just leave her there. So, my husband bought a cat carrier and brought her with us. She has become a house cat...right down to using the litter box. Well, she had her kittens 4 days ago...ON OUR BED!! Ugh...so gross. But so amazing. She had 4 of them. Ill get pics. The other 2 cats are enjoying the HUGE villa. We have an enclosed porch so they spend most of their time out there. Its good for them.

The diet has just been ok. I haven't even been paying attention to it. I do pay attention to the fact that I feel like CRAP. We have a gym in our new compound so I need to start using it. I went grocery shopping and bought a crapload of lean cuisines.

It sounds like everyone is getting back from their vacation. Ok girls, we have all been playing lately. We've had wonderful vacations. Now, Its just to get in gear. Next years vacations will be fabulous due to our weight loss :) Vacations are so much fun anyway. Imagine how much more fun it would be if we were at our goal weights!! I have really missed y'all so much. Lets stick together through all of this.

Im not sure how long it will be until we get our phoneline. If its not in next week, Ill come back to the cafe. Love y'all.

Deanne

goddesskde
08-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Well my first day back to phase 1 went smoothly. No major pangs or issues...although cookie commercials do still look good lol...Kim and I went on a walk last night the dang mosquitos are getting brutal out there, if you slow down for a second they jump on you lol. I guess that means we'll just have to walk faster lol. My kids start school next week so we're starting to get up a little earlier every day. Yesterday I forced them out of bed at 9 am.. whew.. early huh.. lol today it was 8:30.. we'll move up to 7:30 by the end of the week, but they will still have to get up at 5:30 for school... I was hoping they would adjust a bit so there wont be so much whining when they have to get up so early..sigh... we'll survive ... at least i hope so..

o2bskinny
08-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Day 2 of phase one on SBD. SO far, SO good. I went and helped my mom out a little today and took plenty of water, tuna, almonds and ate a nice dinner with NO sugar. I am full. I love being full, don't you guys??
Oh well. I am going to change clothes. I guess Kim still wants to walk tonight, so I am going to get cool and comfy!
KIM

ctrsara
08-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Yep, that's pretty much it. I got myself out of bed at 6:15 the last two mornings. I walked 40 minutes yesterday, and 15 this morning, and I'm going to the gym after work for 15 minutes more cardio and 20-30 of weights. I'm also paying attention and trying to get plenty of water. Food-wise, things aren't so good. I'm able to stay on plan through breakfast and dinner, leaving myself 10-15 points for dinner, but when it comes down to it, I eat whatever my husband does (though not usually as much) and we eat whatever is handy. If it were just me, I wouldn't pay much attention to taste, and just go for healthy more often than not. But he needs to eat, and when he's eating something that tastes good, I usually want some too. My father-in-law gave us money to eat out last night for something my DH helped him with yesterday afternoon, so we had Chinese Buffet. I didn't stuff myself, but I ate plenty. Sigh sigh sigh. Hopefully I can be better today. I have no idea what we're going to have for dinner though. We need to go shopping! Anyway...
Sounds like you're all busy but working on it.
Glad to hear from you Deanne, your new villa sounds awesome! How are the roommates? Hopefully you'll get all connected soon, I miss your support! That's cool that you guys are walking buddies with each other. If only I could drag DH out of bed... but I think he's still there, and I've been at work for 45 minutes already. Oh well, I'll let him enjoy it while he can. His classes start in a few weeks. :) TTYAL!

goddesskde
08-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Ok girls I'm super excited. Now I know it doesnt sound like much, but I ordered size 10 jeans from Victoria secret (from my experience their stuff runs a bit smaller than usual) and they fit perfectly right out of the package... so in 30 minutes they'll be a big loose. WOOO HOOOO lol i'm well on my way to being in single digit sizes!

goddesskde
08-03-2005, 05:15 PM
duh i meant bit not big lol.. dang typo kitty

o2bskinny
08-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Ok Kim.......well ~I~ am happy for you getting into those size 10 jeans!!!! That is great!!!! I really am proud of you!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
WHERE IS EVERYONE???????????? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

goddesskde
08-04-2005, 11:44 AM
I think they've all been abducted by little green diet men....lol..

o2bskinny
08-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Maybe the little green diet men should take me too!!!! :lol:

goddesskde
08-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Ohhh that way we wouldnt have to go to the kids schools and meet the teachers tonight lol...

PURPLEPANSY
08-05-2005, 11:24 AM
ALOHA VIXENS..
Sorry I have been so MIA.. Life here is very hectic.. I don't get much computer time as the kids are home and use every second of it. I'm so tired lately, I check email and that is about it.. so if ya all wanna know whatz going on in my life.. my email is dakotaq@aol.com...

I'm very depressed since we got back from hawaii, I feel like it is the day after Christmas. It was so enjoyable, we had dinner together every night and we were together 24/7, now that we are home, everyone is in every which way. I started counceling as I have some issues that have been bothering me, my 'guy' says that i'm having empty nest syndrome. Wonderful, add that to the mix of 'crap'. My zoloft is upped to 100mg and I feel like a zombie lately. Good news is i'm not as hungry..( for now i'm sure) I weighed in at 194 and i'm just sick.... rolls of fat are disgusting... ( I have so many pics to upload)
Jim has been seeing a doctor and through two mri's he probably needs neck and back surgery. He is fighting with me on this, that it could wait, as he is very busy with work. I understand that having a business is our lively hood and we have to be there and keep on top, but I how will he do it from a wheel chair? He has degenerative disc disease, and I'm afraid if he doesn't take care of things now, he might end up with a rod in his back? I guess all these things are prying on my mind.

On an up note, I've been planning a surprise 25th wedding anniversary for friends. They are so young too, they got married at 18 and I can't wait to see their faces. LOL

I started weight watchers today, but my plan is to eat more healthy for the points, more fruits and vegis and whole grains. I'm not eating any pretzels, popcorn and white stuff. I have to change my signature...
be well all....

deanne.. good luck with the move.... and too cute with the cat and kittens... I love cats... I'd love to have one.. can you ship one from where you are?????? :) I want a male cat...
Love
Lynn

PURPLEPANSY
08-06-2005, 07:36 AM
GOOD MORNING VIXENS..
I'm up early and getting ready for the party today. I have zillions of helium balloons I have to put up. Pick up food, etc. It will be hard to stay on track with all this food around...
Have a great saturday....

o2bskinny
08-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Lynn, good luck with your party today! I screwed up yesterday serving pizza to teachers, so yes, I agree...it is hard to stay on track in those situations. I wish you the most of luck though. I hope you have more will power than I did. :tantrum: I hope you get to feeling better after being so down after your trip. I know what those blues are like. Bummer!!! Also, have fun planning your anniversary party for your friends! How fun!!!!!

Well, as I said.....I didn't do good yesterday, but I think I am going to pretend that yesterday never happend. I do NOT want to start over on phase 1 of SBD. Soooo......Yesterday didn't happen!!! :lol:

Kids start back to school Monday.....I am bummed out about that. This summer was too short with my dad being sick at the beginning of it. Seems like they just got out!!!

Oh well....just wanted to check in.......be back in a little while!
Kim

o2bskinny
08-07-2005, 12:45 PM
I was dissapointed to see I was the last to post!!!!!
WHERE ARE YOU VIXENS????

Well tomorrow is my weigh in. I think it will be ok even though I had my one cheat day. We went to some friends house last night and I did very well. I had steak, salad, and took my own broccoli (cause they had a potato!) and my own salad dressing. She also had a great looking apple pie, but I didn't touch it. I waited till I got home and had a SF fudgesicle. So I WILL do this. As I said before....I may have had obstacles that stopped me from losing the weight this summer, but honey...........look out NEXTsummer!!!

Ok, come on ladies.......I need you!!!
Kim

goddesskde
08-07-2005, 06:44 PM
No kidding ... where is everyone. I get on here looking for support and find zip zero and zilch!!

o2bskinny
08-08-2005, 08:19 AM
Ok Kim, since it is just you and me (come on vixens, where are you???) I will post that I lost 3 lbs this last week! Yay! Woooo Hooooo!!!!
Kim

goddesskde
08-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Congratulations Kim!! I lost 3 as well, but I'm only posting 2 since i didnt move my ticker up when i gained that pesky 1 pound before my period. All in all I think a very sucessful week for the two of us. I wish someone else would get their booty in gear and post! It's getting awfully lonely on this board..

goddesskde
08-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Ohhh and I'm 8lbs away from goal.. hmmmm maybe I'll lower that goal ;) lol

ctrsara
08-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Sorry girls, I am not online during the weekends. :( I am here for you, and I think you're both doing great! I was excited to see I was down to 152 (again, sigh) Friday, which was very exciting. But I slightly blew it over the weekend. Had some sugar, had a lot of food (though not fast food or really "bad" food, just too much of it...) and feeling a little "fatter" (My body fluctuates water-weight-wise so quickly!) though still better than the beginning of last week, when I was 154. I am going to be GOOD today. So far I had cereal (a little special K, Crispix, and Frosted Mini Wheats) and a rice cake. I'm at 5-6 points. I'll have 5-6 for lunch as well. I just hope I can hold on through dinner!

o2bskinny
08-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Hey Sara! So glad you checked in!! I was wondering if Kim and I were the only ones here! Good for you going down a couple of pounds too!!! I know what you mean with the water weight. I can forget to take my blood pressure pill (which has a diuretic in it) and I can go up an easy 2 pounds in a day! Its all water, but I still don't want the scales going that way!!! :lol:
Hang in there.......You can make it today! Just have something low points on hand in case you 'need' something before dinner! I am rootin for you!

YAY KIM! I am proud of you!!!! Girl, we are good and we have got it goin on!!!! Woooo Hoooooo

Kim

chubbyvixen
08-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Ok...so I need someone needs to give me a HUGE kick in the ***. I do so well ALLL day and then as soon as Nic gets home, its fast food time. Terrible. I cannnn'tttt stop. Its really getting obnoxious. So, I went to the grocery store and got some really good foods. Diet foods nonetheless. Still yummy. I bought some Miso soup. They sell the Miso paste already made here. The kind I buy is not even a point. It fills me up too. I love that stuff!

Sara- I tried to email you last time but the internet shut down on me. Needless to say Im at a different internet cafe today. I will email you in a few minutes girlie.

I am close to my goal date and not even close to my goal weight. NOT GOOD. Its very depressing. The goals dont work for me. I need to just say Ill be at goal when Im at goal. No sooner no later.

Im not saying its my husbands fault at all. Its just that when we're together, we have so much fun eating out and thats where Im at fault. When its just me, Im fine. I eat right, I exercise. I tend to get lazy around him. Not sure what to do about that.

Kim- Congrats on the size 10! How awesome for you! Did you ever get that package?

Ok, no phone yet. They say this week...but we all know how that goes. I swear, it takes an act of congress to get anything done over here. Ill post when I can.

Love yall,
Deanne

ctrsara
08-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Here I am. Yesterday wasn't amazing, but it was tolerable ;-) I ate pretty well first half of the day, but we ate out for dinner (Mexican). Same problem as Deanne there: if it was just me, I eat mostly healthy all the time, just because I don't give myself other options. If I'm cooking "bad" (fattening, high calorie) food or have the option of ordering it, too often I cave in a little. My entre last night wasn't that bad, very good for me except the fried tortilla bowl it was in. :) The chips were not so healthy, and I ate way too much though. Good news: I had a great work out after work for 40 minutes (that's the regular length of my 3-4 times a week work out) and I was only up half a lb (152.5) after my slightly-crashed weekend. I will try to be better today, and drink lots of water!
Deanne, goals don't necessarily work for me either. Accountability does the most for me. I have to get in the right mindset and bodyset and then I lose rather quickly, in spurts. I have yet to have good sustained weight loss, except when I was going from 195 to 160 in a few months the first time I did WW. Well, better get back to work. Everyone be strong and make healthy choices today! We can do it, a day at a time!

goddesskde
08-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Deanne, no I never got the package, i suppose the mail monster got it...lol.. if you had insurance on it you might want to talk to post office.. otherwise someone else got a neat middle eastern surprise. Thanks on the congrats..I'm working very hard to eventually get to my goal weight..
I had to work today.. ugh am i beat. 7 1/2 hours of plaster work.. with about as much tomorrow and the next day. I'm completely broke so I took this job for WAY under what i usually charge.. sigh... the things we do when we're not in the black lol. Oh well, it's work and I cant complain.. making 35 bucks an hour is better than charging 70 and not getting the job... I'm doing venetian plaster in a living room.. TONS of work, but I'm getting a good work out in the process.. i never stop moving and I'm constantly going up and down the ladder..so perks all around lol
I slipped last night on my diet.. ok well it was a planned slip lol.. I had a sub sandwhich on wheat bread. Bread isnt on plan at all right now but at least I dont use any type of dressing on it. Its just meat, cheese, lettuce, pickle and onion. So all in all not to horrible, but still not on phase 1 for South beach. Oh well, I'll survive and hopefully not gain any weight off it lol..

chubbyvixen
08-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Hey chicks...for some reason, while I was posting yesterday, it didn't show all of your posts. So, I missed so much!

Its nice to know that even if we all get off track, we can still come here and talk to people that are going through the same things. Not sure what I'd do without you girls.

Kim- Im furious. A package that I sent to my Mom, with some gold necklaces with names in Arabic, was lost too. It had presents for several people. That was several months ago. I need to figure out another place to send through. Im so sorry about that. Oh, you sound like you're doing very well!

Lynn- Im so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I know how it is to have so much on your mind and not know what to do with it all. I too have increased my effexor. It seems to have really worked out too. Keep your chin up...remember, our birthdays are soon! YAY!!

TOM is here...I haven't had one in 2 months. Thats not healthy at all I dont think. Need to go to the doctor.

Ok, Im job hunting, so I'll talk to y'all soon.

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
08-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Glad to see you Deanne! It wasn't the same without you!!! Good luck on your job hunting!

Well, today I have done well. I made a tasty shake in the blender this morning (didn't feel like eggs!) and now I am eating a yummy SBD friendly soup for lunch. I have to admit something from yesterday though. I got some sugar free Butter Pecan Ice cream at the store the other day. I can have a bowl and that is ok......but I don't think the intention was to eat half the freakin' container! It is half a gallon. I usually don't like butter pecan that much, so I figured I wouldn't over endulge, right? WRONG! :devil: I haven't even had the nerve to look and see the fat content. I think I will skip it.
I am going to work on my water today. I have not done so well with that either.
I had to take my daughter to the doctore this morning. Her back was killing her. Looks like she has some inflamation around a rib and that is making her back hurt too. He was pushing on her ribs and she started squalling. He said all you can do is keep her religiously on motrin 3 times a day even if she feels better for a least a week, if not more. It is caused by a virus. If she doesn't get better in a week and 1/2, I am going to take her to a specialist. UGH! I hate when the kids hurt!!!!!
Hope you are all doing great!
Kim

PURPLEPANSY
08-11-2005, 11:29 AM
HOWDY GALS
Sorry for lack of posting, but I have been very busy... I'm sry gals.. I'm here for all of you, I'm a great motivator for everyone else but not for myself..:( anyway

The party went great and my friends were very surprised. It was soo hot and we enjoyed the pool.

I have been very lazy lately, although yesterday I did walk 2 miles. My eating could be better, but I feel very stressed so what do I do? yes I eat. I've been searching for sites to make a really good resume, I feel it is time to return to work. I saw a few jobs but the hours weren't the best, a doctors office that my girls go to offered 5-9pm and every third sat. I love the doctors there, but that is dinner time and heather does alot of stuff after school. I thought of home care but I think I would get bored with that, unless I had a new case every day. I want to work about 25 hours a week. I"m working on it..

kim I hope your daughter feels better, is it fifths disease? that can do that, I know what you mean when your child is hurting, Jamie is 19 and when she had the mono and wassss soooo sick I felt awful.

Deanne, no phone??? call the phone co and demand a damn phone.. you need it.. what happens if there is an emergency? How do you like your new living arrangments?

I'm starting that medifast thing again, 4 shakes during the day ( 90 cal each) and a small dinner... we shall see ( eye roll)...
Love ya all
and keep posting.. I will too I promise...

o2bskinny
08-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey Lynn, No, that isn't what it is called. It is tsetse syndrom (medical term is Costochrondritis). I will just be glad when she gets over it. After a full days round of anti inflamatory, she was still hurting last night but she didn't cry. So that means it wasn't as bad. She plays like there is no tomorrow during the day, but she lays down and rests it really bothers her.

What can we do to help motivate you Lynn? It is so hard to get motivated when your heart isn't in it 100%. Hang in there. I just keep looking in the mirror and vomiting :lol: . Now that is motivation!!! ;)

Good luck on your job search. You will find something. Kim and I are both talking about going to school. I would like to do a 2 year program in one of three things Physical therapy assistant, x ray tech, or Respiratory therapy. I will have to wait till next fall, but I have been researching it. I just need to do something. I am 38, my kids are half grown, and I just need it. It is a bit scary to think about though.

I will check back later.
Kim

goddesskde
08-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Ok, I just have to vent here. I was supposed to go out to dinner with 2 friends tonight to celebrate my birthday..this was the second attempt and I got stood up again! The first time we tried this Paige had to work late and she called to let me know so it was no big deal. Today no call, nothing so I basically got blown off. Mind you this was all her idea too. I'm pretty peeved off and I dont know how to handle it. Do I call and "remind" her or just let it go. To tell you the truth it hurts my feelings a lot. I dont expect people to do anything special for my birthday, its just another day, but geez. This is a bit un-nerving....Anyway I dont know..just sorta lets you know where you stand with friends...

bikerdeb61
08-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Hi gals, I'm back from my trip to Sturgis, SD! Had alot of fun but it really wreaked havoc on my South Beach diet. (sigh) I'm going to have to go back to Phase 1 for a week or so to detox my body. I really TRIED to eat healthy but there aren't a whole lot of healthy options when you're at a motorcycle rally. :( I'm not even going to get on the scale and depress myself. Just going to crack back down on myself and get into reality again.

Hope you're all doing well. :)

Hugs, Deb

bikerdeb61
08-12-2005, 11:49 PM
I'm pretty peeved off and I dont know how to handle it. Do I call and "remind" her or just let it go. To tell you the truth it hurts my feelings a lot. I dont expect people to do anything special for my birthday, its just another day, but geez. This is a bit un-nerving....Anyway I dont know..just sorta lets you know where you stand with friends...

Hi Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about how your friends treated you. That's awful! :( I'm not sure if you're asking us to give suggestions on how to handle it or if you're just venting. If you're looking for suggestions, I'd probably be upfront with the person and tell them how much it upset you that she stood you up again, and didn't even call to let you know. I would just be direct with her and let her know how you feel.

I'm so sorry though... belated happy birthday!! :hb: :hat: :woo:

Hugs, Deb

goddesskde
08-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks Deb for the advice. Right now I'm still in the avoiding her stage lol.. maybe when I do talk to her I'll tell her how I feel. I figure we'll eventually get to that, but why rush it along.
Ok so this week I did nothing as far as weight loss goes. I'm guessing I'm sorta plateauing a bit. I'm close to goal and if I'm not totally 100% on my diet I dont lose anything. I guess I can't complain I've had a good bit of weight loss and I look good if i do say so myself lol. I worked my arse off last week. I think I may have added a bit of muscle too :D I did some work with venetian plaster and if anyone has ever done it you know it's a LOT of physical labor. My arms hurt like **** lol. And I did the firm work out tape a couple of days. Plus walking with Kim in the evening. SO all in all not a bad week, but no change on the scale.
So i gotta ask, since I'm appalled, what is everyone's gas prices these days.. we're at 2.42 a gallon for regular unleaded.. I'm gonna have to take out a loan to pay for gas if it keeps up!!!

bikerdeb61
08-15-2005, 03:39 PM
the gas price in my suburb of Chicago is $2.63 ... I've heard that it hit $3.00 in Chicago. I was complaining when I saw it was $2.49 in Sturgis, but now I realize that was a real deal compared to here at home. :-p

Deb

bikerdeb61
08-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Don't know if I mentioned it to you guys but I went to see a doctor for a physical before I start the vet tech program. She did some bloodwork tests and found that I'm hypoglycemic, hypothyroid, and was suspicious about my gallbladder. So, she gives me three bottles of meds to take -- Synthroid for the thyroid, and two other stuff to help stabilize the blood sugar. So, after taking an ultrasound of the gallbladder, we find that it's okay but I have a 8cm simple cyst on my kidney. :-p And this doctor wants me to cut milk out entirely from my diet, as well as any kind of sugar or sugar substitutes! I'm trying not to be but I'm so discouraged, I could cry. I know this is for the good of my health and all, but geez... I'm giving up all the yummy stuff! I can't even have "no sugar added" fudgsicles, or anything with Aspartame or Splenda in it. I know I don't want to end up with diabetes but for cryin' out loud... ARRRRGH!

Oh well... that's my whine for the afternoon. :-p Hope you're all having a good day.

Deb

bikerdeb61
08-15-2005, 03:52 PM
oh yeah... and forgot to mention that she also found with the latest tests that my adrenal glands are screwed up. So, more meds to take to help calm them down. Grrrrrrr

Deb

o2bskinny
08-16-2005, 12:08 AM
Well, Deb...you need to tell your doctor you want some GOOD news! It is hard enough giving up sugar (I am on SBD too), but dang! Sweetners? That is a bummer. Hang in there though. We do what we have to to keep our health good. It isn't fun getting older, is it?? :mad:
I went to the lake this past weekend, we had a great time. The heat was a bit much at 96 with God only knows what heat index....but we stayed in the water. That was the only way to make it bearable. It was fun though. I love getting in those last weeks of summer at the lake. I have to say though, I am looking forward to fall. I cheated last night on my diet, but was back on track today. Kim and I walked and I sweated profusely. Anyway, Just wanted to check in.
Kim

bikerdeb61
08-16-2005, 10:36 AM
You're right, Kim... next time I see her, I'll tell her that if she doesn't give me some good news first, I'm going to just get up and walk out. ;)

Glad to hear you had such a good time at the lake! It's hard to believe that the summer is starting to wind to a close already. The kids are going back to school, and before too long, the weather is going to get cooler again. I do love the fall though, because of the cooler temps and the leaves changing color. It's a very pretty time of year.

Deb

o2bskinny
08-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Well, I lost 2 more pounds this week! :D Even with a little cheating this weekend. YAY for me!
Deb, I love fall too! It is almost like spring though to me and my allergies always act up. I do love the cooler temps. I am looking forward to it, even with the allergies.
I will be back in a little. Almost time to get kids and I need to eat lunch.
Kim

goddesskde
08-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Deb you could just plug your ears and yell I can't hear you when she comes in with bad news lol.. It seems to work for my daughter when she's getting told something she doesnt want to hear..
Ok, i think I've officially plateaued...nothing.. not even a tenth of a pound.. I'm working my arse off here and nadda lol.. I guess I'll have to go over what I'm eating and see what is affecting my weight loss.. sigh.. why is this so hard.. it wasnt hard getting fat lol..
And I'm officially job hunting. I'm gonna have to get a job to afford the stuff my kids want for christmas lol. Actually I'm quite bored puttering around the house all along for 8 or 9 hours. I can only wash so many loads of clothes. After a day or so everything in the house is clean and I'm back to having nothing to do...I started working out again every afternoon. I'm doing the firm cardio tapes.. it's hard but worth it..I'm hoping that will jump start my metabolism again...who knows lol maybe I'm where I should be weight wise..ok i dont believe that,but i'm grasping at straws here....

bikerdeb61
08-16-2005, 08:44 PM
hey Kim, I've heard that when you plateau (sp?), you should maybe change your work-out schedule around and maybe change what you're doing. Also, you might want to look at what you're eating and do some switching with that.

I've had to go back to the beginning a bit, since I gained some weight while I was on vacation. Hopefully, it'll come off fairly quickly. :-(

Deb

bikerdeb61
08-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Well, I lost 2 more pounds this week! :D Even with a little cheating this weekend. YAY for me!
Kim

congrats on losing two more pounds, Kim!! That's great!!!

Deb

goddesskde
08-17-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks Deb, I'm gonna start writing down what I eat so I can see where I'm messing up. (i'm guessing mindless eating might be my issue lol) And I've added some cardio work out in the afternoon. I refuse to re-gain weight I've already lost and it would be nice to get to goal sometime ya know lol. It seems that I've been on the road for a LONG LONG time. My husband commented that I'm always on some sort of diet. Made me feel pretty bad. Not about my weight, but about all the money and time I've wasted on programs that just dont work. Always looking for the easy way out, quick fix sorta stuff.. sigh.. if I only knew then what I know now....lol
I'll check back in with you girls later on today.

o2bskinny
08-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Well, Ladies, I live next door to (goddess) Kim and I have to say she does look fabulous. She is a real motivator for me especially since we have been doing this together. I fell off the bandwagon and had (and still do) lots more to lose than her, but she does look great and I have every confidence that she will keep it off. She has worked hard at it. Anyway, Kim, I am your biggest fan!!! :cb: :dance: :woo: :yes: :cheer: Yay for you!!!!
Now, if I can do it......we will see!
I have done good today. I just need to work on getting all my water in! Dang it, that is so hard for me! Getting up early with the kids is kicking my butt though. I lay back down cause I am getting 3-4 hours sleep at night so I am sleeping most of the day away. I can't help it! I am so tired! I gotta do something different. UGH!
Kim

goddesskde
08-18-2005, 11:24 AM
:o Thanks Kim, I'm all blushy now lol. I appreciate the cheering squad. I need it lately. I tallied up my calorie intake yesterday and I can't see where that would be my issue.
I had coffee
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup skim milk
nesquick powder (2servings)
banana 1medium
tomato soup
2 sugar free popsicles
2 chicken enchiladas
8 glasses of water
For a grand total of 1027 calories. Yes when i cook i break down everything and write down what i put in the food. Even if i missed a bit I cant see where my food would be an issue. :( Maybe I'm gaining muscle.. I dont know but it's frustrating to say the least to not have any change on the scale... grrrr
My 5 yr olds teacher called this morning 45 minutes after school started. Kenzie threw up all over the place at school. She seems fine now. I got her home and gave her some anti nausia medicine and she's perky as heck so we'll see. Ahhh well, the joys of mother hood lol... at least I didnt have to clean all the throw up off the floor lol...
I'll check in later ladies

chubbyvixen
08-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Hey girls...just a quick check in. STILL NO PHONE. I am so frustrated!!! Its just irritating. I dont even know how long it will be. So, Im having to come to an internet cafe when I can.

On a better note...I got a job! Im so excited. I'll be one of the housing attendants for all the Army guys on the base here. Its with ITT. There are no benefits because its a local hire. But they're going to pay me $16 an hour, 48 hours a week, tax free. That I can handle. Im hoping that it will help with losing weight once I get moving again. Im sure it will.

Kim--Im very proud of you too. You're almost at goal, girl! I definetly look up to you. Im going to try to put something else in the mail for you. Keep at it!!

Ok, my times running out...love you all!

Sara, where are you?

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
08-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Ok, Kim gave me a scare earlier, but I will let her tell you about it. It is hotter than crap here. We go for our walks around 9:15 each night and it is still so hot and humid. I am so ready for fall, ya'll!
I have done good today. I was very busy so I didn't get to eat much, but I had a SBD pizza a little while ago. I was too hungry, but at least I had something 'healthy' on hand to fix quick.
Congrats to you Deanne on that job! It sounds like a dream job! Tax free! Yea! You go girl! I wish I could find something like that. So when do you start??? Good luck!! Oh, I hope you get that phone soon. Nothing worse than NO PHONE.

Glad I made you blush Kim! That doesn't happen often! ;)
Kim

goddesskde
08-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Ok I'll tell you all about my scare. My 5 yr old had come home from school after she threw up this morning. She seemed fine but started to get shakey around noon. I tried to feed her lunch but she didnt want it. She went in the bathroom and I went to check my email and hang out for a bit. I came back out and she was still in the bathroom (about 15 minutes later) so I knocked on the door.. nothing.. I opened the door and found her laying in a heap on the floor in front of the toilet with her pants still down to her knees. Apparently she had passed out and fell off the potty. I got her up, she came too pretty easily so I doubt she was out for long. I called Dan, then the pediatrician who had me call 911 to have her checked out. Poor Kim pulled out of her drive way (mind you she lives right next door) to a fire truck and an ambulance pulling onto our street. The firemen checked her pulse and blood pressure since by then she was up and moving around normally. They even went out to their truck and got her a little stuffed dog. They were all so sweet. The paramedics did the usual vitals and said she looked pretty good to them, but to definately take her into the doctors office. The peditricians officed called 3 times while the paramedics were there to see how things were. They left and we took her to the doctors office. She's fine now. They couldnt find anything wrong with her at all. The only thing they came up with was syncopie.. basically we dont know so lets just call it that. We just have to watch her to make sure it doesnt happen again. If it does we'll have to start a total heart/neuro work up. I'm telling you she aged me 10 years today. Having kids isnt for the faint at heart..it's scarey to find your child laying on the floor not moving. And to think I have to let her go back to school...ugh.. i just want to keep her home so I can watch her all the time! But at least she's fine.. she's running around like nothing happened at all.

goddesskde
08-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Ok ladies where is everyone!!!

bikerdeb61
08-20-2005, 12:08 AM
I'm here, I'm here! Getting everything together for my first day of school on Monday, and trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach. Just weighed myself on the scale today, and it showed 153. So that means that I've lost the weight that I gained while I was on Sturgis, plus lost one extra pound. That makes a total of 12 pounds that I've lost so far! :-) (yaaaaay!)

I'll definitely do a happy dance when I break below 150 pounds. It'll be the first time that I've weighed that in a loooooong time!

Deb

bikerdeb61
08-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Ok I'll tell you all about my scare.

oh gosh, Kim!! That would have made my heart stop to see my child crumpled up on the floor unmoving like that! I'm so glad to hear that she's feeling better and doing okay. (whew!)

Deb

bikerdeb61
08-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Hey girls...just a quick check in. STILL NO PHONE. I am so frustrated!!! Its just irritating. I dont even know how long it will be. So, Im having to come to an internet cafe when I can.

On a better note...I got a job! Im so excited. I'll be one of the housing attendants for all the Army guys on the base here. Its with ITT. There are no benefits because its a local hire. But they're going to pay me $16 an hour, 48 hours a week, tax free. That I can handle. Im hoping that it will help with losing weight once I get moving again. Im sure it will.

hi Deanne :) Wow... still no phone huh? That would make me crazy! :-p Congrats on your new job... getting paid tax-free sounds awesome. It means you're making even more than $16 an hour, because you get to keep it all and not share it with the government. :)

Deb

chubbyvixen
08-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Hey chickas....

Kim---Im so sorry for you! I'm not sure what I would've done if that happened to me. Hows your daughter now? I dont want this to come out the wrong way but I freak out if anything happens to our cats...I can't even imagine having something happened to my children. Keep us posted on how she is.

Deb---Thanks for the congrats. Tax free is my favorite part about being in the Middle East. Its awesome. Congrats on losing 12 lbs!!

Ok, still no phone. My husbands boss said we'll have a phone when we have a phone. Ridiculous. Things are good. Start my job probably this week. Ill post later...

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
08-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Deanne, Kenzie is fine now. No problems what so ever. It's weird they bounce back so quickly. I know what you mean with the pets. I worry over them too lol. Granted it's not like my kids, but it's close. Rupert (our black pug) got injured last year, something made huge cuts in his back, and I totally freaked out! It's worse with the kids, but still, they are part of the family too and I worry about them. Poor guy had to have a bunch of stitches and a drainage tube in his back. We called him "FrankenRU" for a few weeks lol. The pediatricians told me just to watch her and if started acting sick in any way to bring her back and we'd start a neuro/cardio work up just to be safe. By the time we got to their office she was running circles around me again lol so they didnt think she was in any danger.
Anyhow, things this weekend have been quiet. I have to shop for Sidney's birthday, make cupcakes for the class and work on her 3D cell project today.. UGH it's like i'm in the 5th grade again!!! lol
I'll check in with you guys later on..

o2bskinny
08-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Good Morning! I lost 2.5 more pounds! :cb: Now if I could just make my body go down in clothes size!!! I am bummed about that. What good is losing weight if you aren't getting in smaller clothes???? UGH! I am glad I lost a couple more pounds, don't get me wrong, BUT DANG!!!!!!!!!
I went with my friend yesterday to see 'Must love Dogs'. Very cute movie. I really enjoyed it. It is a chick flick, but a very good one. We also went to Applebees and had lunch. My birthday is Tuesday and Hers is Wednesday so we always go have lunch and a movie. Anyway, It was a nice girls day out.
Well, My license expires tomorrow, so I gotta run and get that taken care of.

Oh, Deanne, Have they given you any idea of how long it will be till you get a phone?? Have you given them a piece of your mind? That is redicuous!!!!
Later!
Kim

o2bskinny
08-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Ridiculous...ok, it is still early.......I can't spell or type this early!!!

goddesskde
08-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Ok, I never gave much merit to the thought that the last 10lbs was the hardest to lose, but DANG someone was right lol. I'm managing to either stay still or lose a pound or so. It's definately not like it was at the beginning lol.
I did something extremely exciting this weekend. I bought a pair of size 8 jeans!!!! and they fit:cb: I was doing the happy dance in the middle of the mall. I just keep holding them up and asking my husband "and what size are they?" LOL he thinks its just the funniest thing in the world.
Today is Sidney's birthday. She's ten and home sick. She got up and threw up before she made it out the door.:barf: She's a bit weak, but otherwise she's doing ok. Just no big dinner and movie celebration tonight. It will have to wait til tomorrow. If she's feeling better we'll do cake and ice cream later, otherwise we'll do that tomorrow too. Anyway she'll get her presents tonight regaurdless.
Allright, I suppose I need to get moving and pick up my kitchen.. ugh.. I'll check back in later on.

chubbyvixen
08-23-2005, 05:31 AM
Ok...Kim(Goddess)...I had to laugh at the Franken thing. I needed that today. Lol...

Kim...congrats on losing weight! Im so proud of you. Did you start phase 1 over? Oh and yes the phone thing is ridiculous. Extremely. This internet cafe is expensive. They're now saying within the next 10 days the phone company should be out here. I cant really say anything about it. Its my husbands company, not mine. Thank God. Its a single status contract, so Im really not even supposed to be here. His bosses all love me though. Still, if I say something, they'll probably take even longer.

Ok, my time is running out here. Ugh. So, I will post as soon as I can.

Where is Lynn?

Love y'all,
Deanne

o2bskinny
08-23-2005, 07:49 AM
Deanne, My fingers are crossed for you that the phone comes soon. I don't know how you stand it. Isn't it funny what we take for granted until we don't have it? Yes, I started phase one over. I have been on phase 2 now for a week and a half. Kim made me cheat though. I went to her house for her daughters birthday, and she made a yummy cake. HOW CAN YOU PASS UP CAKE??? She did cut a thin sliver though. Anyway, If I don't lose this week, I am gonna blame her! :lol:

Yes Lynn, Where are you???
Deb, we haven't heard from you in a few days either???
Hope you are both ok!

Kim

goddesskde
08-23-2005, 08:19 AM
And if Kim blames me, I'm gonna blame my husband since he gave me a bite of his ice cream! I cut the thinest pieces of cake I could without if falling apart everywhere. Besides you only turn 10 once you have to celebrate it!!! I'm gonna start passing cake out to my other neighbors just to get it out of the house lol .. no need in being tempted every day for a week ya know.
My day yesterday was super busy. I dont think I sat down for more than a few minutes. Taking care of a sick kid, cleaning house, doing laundry, cooking dinner, getting homework done.. ugh..I was so tired once I got home from our walk I fell onto the bed..
Well I'll check in with you later on girls

o2bskinny
08-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Yea, you ladies should have been there. Kim was forcing all that cake down my throat. I kept telling her I didn't want it, but she beat me up and cramed it in. :lol: :D . Then her hubby was cramming ice cream down her throat. It was ugly and brutal. :D
Well, a friend took me to lunch today for my birthday. We went to a Thai restaurant. I wasn't sure what everything was (and a little afraid to try it), so I got a simple dish with noodles (bad on SBD....bad, bad!) with grilled chicken and veggies with peanut sauce. It was very tasty though. I figured it is my birthday, so I had what I wanted. :devil:
The kids are outside swimming and I need to think about dinner. UGH!
Hope you are all doing fine and skinny today!
Kim

goddesskde
08-23-2005, 09:12 PM
OK back from dinner and a movie for Sidney's birthday. She's feeling much better today so we went and saw Fantastic 4 and then to Lennys sub shop for dinner. She's so hard to please lol I did pretty well as far as food goes. I took a diet coke (so i didnt drink a bucket worth) and sugar free candy. I only ate a few peices of the candy and for dinner I had a roast beef and provolone cheese on wheat bread. I dont eat any mayo or dressings of any kind so it's meat,cheese, lettuce, onion and pickle and chased it down with water. I guess not a bad days worth of food. My big splurge for the day was a cappicino from gloria jeans this morning ( i was shopping) but it was coffee, milk and a packet of splenda,, but boy oh boy was it good... :D
Ok ladies, time for me to start chasing the kids to bed. I'll see you all tomorrow

o2bskinny
08-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Ok, the bug has hit my house. My daughter and I were up all night. She officially has the stomach bug. :barf: Well, if I am next I won't gain any weight!! UGH! :rolleyes: I was supposed to go have a physical today. I have been getting very dizzy for over a year now and I had my latest spell Saturday and it was the worst one yet. But...I canceled. I am a zombie right now. I am scared to reschedule till we are over this bug. So I will wait a little longer. Oh well :shrug:
Just wanted to check in.
Kim

ctrsara
08-25-2005, 01:43 PM
:sorry: Sorry, Deanne. (and everyone!) Being busy and feeling guilty, I have been staying away. Sigh. Work got really intense about a week and a half ago, and over 4 days I worked like 30 hours of overtime (this was the weekend). Needless to say, my sleep, exercise, and eating all went downhill in a bad way. Plus I started my period last Friday and I'm still struggling with that yeast infection (it has now been 2 1/2 months. That's all I have to say). :?: After all this I should NOT have weighed myself Monday, but I did, and I was up from 152 to 157. Ridiculous. I worked out good Monday (though we had Pizza Hut :jeno: for dinner with DH's family), not Tuesday (DH's birthday, didn't eat badly, but did eat some cake and ice cream, which is a no-no both for diet and infection), had a good work out yesterday, but food was less than desirable, though not disastrous. I am down to 155.5, but still. It's discouraging, and I've been avoiding thinking about it too much, partly by avoiding coming here. Sorry I haven't e-mailed you Deanne, part of that is the avoidance, part of it is work is insanely busy, as I work at a college, and school started this week. I promise to be better. Please don't give up on me! I do sometimes, but I never let it last too long. It is just so hard! :cry:

o2bskinny
08-25-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey Sara! Glad to see you back! Don't get discouraged too much. I had gained back 7 of my pounds when my dad got sick. I started back on my plan almost 4 weeks ago and now I am a pound (hopefully more now) less than I was when I quit. It is hard and very upsetting, but losing another few pounds is no big deal....but to keep gaining is what hurts. Hang in there. Stress sucks and usually gets the best of us, but don't let it. Hang in there!!!
Kim

bikerdeb61
08-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Deb, we haven't heard from you in a few days either???
Hope you are both ok!

hi Kim... I'm here! I started school on Monday, and with five classes I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I'm just trying to get my feet underneath me and figure out some kind of studying pattern. We've got LOTS of reading to do for most of the classes, and that's what I'm going to spend most of my time doing this next few days.

I haven't read the notes lately either...sorry. :( I'll try and catch up after I get some reading done, ok?

Hugs, Deb

o2bskinny
08-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Hey Deb, glad to see you are still around! What classes are you taking? Good luck with the studying. I know it is alot to do, just keep in touch when you can!
Kim

goddesskde
08-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Hey ladies. sorry i havent been on lately, but I dont seem to be getting notification when someone posts so I have been assuming noone was here...Anyway. My diet hasnt been stellar this week, not horrible, but not the greatest either. With Sid's birthday and my 14th wedding anniversary, i splurged a bit. Sigh.. I'm sure part of its the pms, but part of its being a putz lol. Oh well, I'll live and I'm sure I'll get thru this too.
So far we're thru with the bug.. (knocking on wood madly right now lol) and everyone is healthy!! WOO HOOOOO

PURPLEPANSY
08-26-2005, 03:29 PM
howdy ho..... vixens.. Lynn is here.. but i'm so overwhelmed with cr*p.....

First off I have been binging big time. I just can't deal with the stress right now, I know that is no excuse. I had my seven year old great neice with me for a week and I miss her sooo much. 7yo's can make you very tired!
Jim is having major trouble with his back and we are surgeon shopping right now, he is going two to three times a week to the doctor for shots in his back. I'd be depressed but he just keeps movin along.
Jamie leaves for school tomorrow and I feel so empty. I know the feeling from last year and I figured it would be easier this year, but it isn't. I guess with her doing 'adult things' and moving along in the world puts me in another chapter in my life. I'm starting to feel old. On sept 12th I will be 42 and I feel like half my life is over.........
I miss all of you and think of you often. I will post more, I promise. I will also get my rear in gear and make better choices.. there is only one me....I'm 42.. but I sure don't look it....:)
I have so many pics of hawaii to share with you guys.... I have to upload them....
peace out
Lynn.... who loves purple but won't be blue when jamie leaves tomorrow...

THE UPSIDE OF LYNN'S LIFE

1. I walked 2 miles today and made a great choice of lentil and couscous soup for lunch.
2. I realized that I have been making excuses for my overeating and they just don't fly anymore.

bikerdeb61
08-27-2005, 12:02 AM
Hey Deb, glad to see you are still around! What classes are you taking? Good luck with the studying. I know it is alot to do, just keep in touch when you can!
Kim

I'm taking Radiography, Small Animal Nursing, Large Animal Nursing, Math for Vet Techs, and Kennel Management. :)

Deb

o2bskinny
08-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Deb, that sounds like a load! Hugs to you for going to school and taking them! Good for you! I want so bad to go get a 2 year degree in Phys Therapy Assistant, or x ray tech. The money just isn't there right now and with my parents health the way it is, I am not sure it is the best time. I am 38 and really want to do something. We will see.
How is everyones weekend??? Hope you are all doing great!!
Kim

bikerdeb61
08-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Deb, that sounds like a load! Hugs to you for going to school and taking them! Good for you! I want so bad to go get a 2 year degree in Phys Therapy Assistant, or x ray tech. The money just isn't there right now and with my parents health the way it is, I am not sure it is the best time. I am 38 and really want to do something. We will see.
How is everyones weekend??? Hope you are all doing great!!
Kim

Thanks, Kim! I completely understand about it not being the best time to do school just yet. That was how it was for me until now. I had young kids and no money for school for quite a few years. It wasn't until after my mom died and left us $$ that I was able to afford to go. Plus, at that point, my kids were older. I started going about two years ago, when I was around 41 yrs of age. It felt weird to be an older student surrounded by the younger kids, but I was serious about what I was doing and put alot of energy and commitment into it. As of right now, I have a 4.0 GPA (straight A's) which took alot of work. Not sure that it will continue through the Vet Tech program (the A's I mean), but I'll do the best I can.

I've been spending my Saturday doing a boatload of reading from the textbook for my Large Animal Nursing class. Got through most of it, and now just finished with reading the textbook for my Small Animal Nursing class. I'll start going through the lecture and lab material next. After that, I might need a nap. LOL

Some good news... got on the scale this morning, and I weighed 150.5 pounds and my BMI went from 31% to 29%!! I was soooo happy!! That means that I've lost 15 pounds so far. :)))) I treated myself to lunch --- got broiled orange roughy, peas, and salad.

Well that's my weekend... anyone want to switch places with me?? (grin)

Deb

bikerdeb61
08-28-2005, 02:29 PM
{{{{{{{{{Lynn}}}}}}}}}}}} I totally understand about the difficulty of going into a new chapter in your life. My boys are older too. My older son, Nick, is almost 21 and in the Navy stationed in Hawaii. He's a submariner, and out on a 6-month deployment right now. The last time I saw him was when we brought him to the airport to leave for Hawaii, and that was 1-1/2 years ago. My younger son, Jason, is almost 19 and trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life. He's going for an ROTC scholarship and would like to be a pilot in the Air Force. He's still at home, but gone so much that it feels like he's hardly ever here.

Hang in there... and treat yourself gently.

Hugs, Deb

bikerdeb61
08-28-2005, 02:34 PM
:sorry: Sorry, Deanne. (and everyone!) Being busy and feeling guilty, I have been staying away.

awww Sara... sorry to hear how rough things have been for you lately. I can't even imagine how you could handle all that overtime! I've been finding that it's hard to stick with my diet now that I've started my classes. Monday is a loooooooong day for me, and I'm usually not very organized in preparing and packing stuff to bring with and snack on. :( Sometimes I get tempted and grab a quick (unhealthy) snack from the box of stuff that is available in our conference room. But, I'm really going to have to get my butt in gear, and start bringing some cut-up veggies and a sandwich to eat. For one thing, I can't afford to always be buying stuff. And, the quick stuff usually isn't the healthiest stuff. So, gotta get myself motivated to be more prepared. :)

Deb

bikerdeb61
08-28-2005, 02:37 PM
With Sid's birthday and my 14th wedding anniversary, i splurged a bit.

Congrats on your 14th wedding anniversary!! That's awesome! :) :woo:

Deb

o2bskinny
08-29-2005, 08:10 AM
Deb, you totally have my respect going back to school. I really do intend to go back at some point. Just not sure when that could be. You are an inspiration to me though! Thanks for sharing your story.
Well, I lost a pound and a half! I am posting one pound, but after the cheating I did last week, I am not complaining. I have been trying to get some of my house organized and I think that would help my mental state greatly! I hate everything being in chaos.
I hope you ladies had a great weekend and that none of your are affected by the hurricane (I can't imagine!)
*** For conversation sake, if you had to evacuate and had very little time, what would you take? Besides family and pets? I would get all my photos (there are boxes and boxes of them) and home videos. Then I would try to get the most centimental things I have (my grandmothers jewelry, and things like that).
Kim

goddesskde
08-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the congrats Deb. It's funny it really doesn't seem that long ago that we got married. But I guess if it did, I'd have to admit that I'm old lol. It's hard sometimes to admit that I have a nearly 13 yr old daughter ... that means I'm getting on up there.
Kim I know how you feel about the house stuff. OMG the kids have left a HUGE mess in all of their bedrooms. Kenzie is the only one that has the excuse that she needs help cleaning up. She's 5 and I'll admit she doesn't know where everything goes. But that is no excuse for the other 3 to be pigs. I cant even get them to put away their laundry because their dressers are so messy they cant fit stuff in them. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I feel like Charlie Brown when Lucy is holding the football and pulls it away.. lol
OK as for weight loss this week I stayed put. No loss no gain, but with the way I ate, it's not surprising. I didnt get all the exercise I usually do in, to boot. So I'll take sitting still with a smile.
Hmmmm if I had to evacuate, pictures, clothes, pets (where I'd put all 3 I dont know lol) and I'm take my cpu just because it has 3 years of pictures stored on it. I could care less about the other electronics, but I do want the photos on my computer. ummmm I think that's it. Everything else insurance would have to take care of...
Well I'm gonna get off my arse and get my day really going.. I'll check in with y'all in a bit

bikerdeb61
08-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the congrats Deb. It's funny it really doesn't seem that long ago that we got married.

I know what you mean, Kim. It's totally blows my mind that I've been with my husband for 21 years and that I've got two boys who are almost 19 and 21. Boy do I feel old!! :(

Hmmm... what would I bring if I had to evacuate? I would definitely grab my laptop and other computer, along with my huge stash of software CD's. Ummm... pictures of course, special jewelry that my husband has given me...and the box of the school papers from my kids that I've saved over the years. I think that's about all I'd need. :)

Deb

ctrsara
08-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Hello friends. Doing okay here. Still not doing that great on the eating, but I did go for an intense 4 hour hike in the mountains (climbed almost 3000 feet in 4 miles during the first 3.5 hours!) so feeling more fit no matter what! (Definitely -feeling- all those muscle!) It was very bad for the infection, but I don't really care anymore. It felt so good to get out and hike again, even if it was hot at first (climbed from 6,500 to 9,500 ft) and we met a scary timber rattler. Going to the doctor again today. Someone needs to find out what's going on with my body! I haven't been successful, so I guess it's his turn to try again. Grumble. ;-) Still trying to keep the sugar down, but I am weak at times. Sigh. If my house caught on fire (it -feels- like it sometimes) I would grab the same: CPU first, because it has everything picture- and journal-wise on it, then my huge case of family videos, the photo albums and scrapbooks. If we had extra time, the DVD and CD collections would be nice not to lose. :) Thanks for the support, I'm still pressing forward for now. Hanging in there until summer is over-ish. :cool: (another month and a half or so!)

o2bskinny
08-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Sara, good to hear from you. Wow, that was a hike! How close was the snake? I would have freaked!!! I hate snakes!!!! Especially poisonous ones!! I hope you get to feeling better. Please let us know what the doctor says about you and keep us updated!!!
Kim

o2bskinny
08-30-2005, 10:58 AM
Well, I hope everyone out there is ok. Our schools were cancelled today due to Katrina. There is apparently alot of power outages and flooding. We still have our power, so I am thankful for that. A friend just brought over all her freezer stuff because they told her it may be 2 weeks before their neighborhood has power again.
Anyway, I am staying on program and doing ok. Kim and I didn't get to walk last night (thanks again to Katrina!) but I will try to do something else to make up for it.
Kim

PURPLEPANSY
08-30-2005, 12:54 PM
HOWDY
deb~ I love animals and would love to do what you are doing. I didn't become a nurse till I was in my early 30's, looking back my kids were sooo lil, I don't know how I did it.
I think as adults we know how hard it is to get to school money wise so we strive for straight A's!!! Good luck.. btw.. I used alot of index cards... wrote questions on the front and and answers on the back, helped me alot!!

Wow katrina did alot of damage, I've been glued to the TV...

The weather here is sooo muggy.. but I managed to walk two miles...
The family wants to see ' red eye' tonight.. so hubby might get home early from work... we saw " skeleton key" it was sooooo scarey....

keep postin~~

PURPLEPANSY
08-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Recipes
Grilled Cinnamon Peaches

POINTS® Value | 1
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 5 min
Cooking Time | 8 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy

desserts | Grilling peaches caramelizes them and brings out that ‘peach pie filling’ flavor. Serve some up on Labor Day for a light post-barbecue dessert.

Ingredients

3 serving butter-flavor cooking spray
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 large peach(es), peeled, halved and pit removed

Instructions

Lightly coat grill grate with cooking spray (off-heat). Heat grill to medium-high heat.

Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over cut sides of peaches. Spray each peach half with cooking spray.

Place peaches on grill, cut side down. Grill until browned and slightly softened, about 5 minutes. (For best results, do not move the peaches during grilling; this will ensure the attractive grill marks and keep the peaches from sticking to the grill.)

Turn peaches over and grill on other side for about 3 minutes more. Serve warm. Yields 2 peach halves per serving.

ctrsara
08-30-2005, 01:20 PM
Kim-
The snake was on the side of the trail, and the trail was probably 4-5 feet wide, with mostly rocks going up on one side, and a dropoff on the other. It was special. My mom was a lot more freaked out than me, though I was definitely a little paranoid for a while. The hike must have done me some good because at the doctor's yesterday I weighed 153. I definitely need to plan another hike next weekend! ;-) The doctor didn't have anything terribly helpful to say about my infection; we're going to try a slightly different adminstration of Diflucan, and he told me that acidophilus can sometimes make it worse, which I've never heard. So I'm not taking that anymore. I just don't know. It makes it hard to exercise much though, cause when I get overheated.. sigh. The hike was great, but I have to take a break from exercise for a few days to let my body calm down now.
We've been catching some of the Katrina news (no tv at my house, but radio, and I watched it at the dr's yesterday) and it looks... whoa. I hope everyone is okay! What a difficult thing to deal with; I can only begin to imagine!

o2bskinny
08-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Lynn, I am so proud of you for walking! Way to go! Keep it up girl! And thanks for the peaches recipe....sounds delicious! Let us know how you liked Red Eye! I want to see it.....I think!

Sara, Hope you get well with the change of medicine! No fun being sick! Sounds like the hike sure did you some good!!! YAY!

Kim

o2bskinny
08-31-2005, 08:09 AM
HEY! WHERE IS EVERYONE?????
:listen:
Kim

ctrsara
08-31-2005, 11:21 AM
I don't know, but I'm still here! Yesterday was so-so food-wise (I have got to find time to cook some -real- food, not kashi bars, lean pockets, and hamburger helper! (which is what I ate..), and I still didn't exercise. I'm going to today though! I'm going to the gym after work for 45 minutes. I'm feeling tired, though I slept from 10 to 7. Sigh. And work is slightly stressful because my boss is out with a serious UTI, and we're in the middle of a big project that I'm not sure I'm doing right by myself. Ack! Life is just busy. But it is not disastrous, and I'm thankful for that. I can hardly believe all I hear about Katrina and New Orleans. My prayers are with them...

goddesskde
08-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Sara, have you been tested for diabetes? Believe it or not a persistant yeast infection is a big symptom for the disease. If you've never had your sugar tested you may want to. It might be nothing, but then again, if you cant seem to cure it conventionally, its something to look in to.
Sorry I didnt post yesterday, but those kids were driving me CRAZY! One mess right after another. UGGHH..I woke up today with a slight fever which totally made me feel like crap. I'm sure it's just a little virus, but geez, does it have to make me tired? I'm also PMSing something terrilble I started spotting yesterday, but no full fledged period yet. As funny as it sounds I just wish it would start so I could get it over with. At least then I wouldnt feel all bloated and stuff.
I've been trying to get in more exercise this week. I did 45 minutes of the firm cardio on Monday, of course nothing besides my walk yesterday and today I'm gonna do some time on my eliptical machine. Something a bit easier since I'm not feeling my best. I'm trying to get in an extra something 4 times a week.
Well I'm gonna go try to find something for lunch. I'll check back in later.

ctrsara
08-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Hmm. My doctor mentioned that, but didn't test me. How do you do it? Is it with a needle? It is, isn't it. Ack! I haven't had any other symptoms or anything weird... I, personally, am blaming it on my birth control. I have had a few yeast infections before this year (I have become sensitive to things like scented tampons, yuck!) but they have always been easily wiped out with Monistat or whatever. I was getting married in May, so started taking birth control in March. In early May I got an infection (from those blasted scented things) but it didn't go away with the cream, so I called in 5 days before my wedding, begging for Diflucan, which knocked it out. Then some other things all added up to give me an infection in mid-June, and I haven't been able to get rid of that one! I stopped taking the oral bc in July, but it's been stubbornly hanging around. My own personal theory is that the shifting hormone levels let it grow so much my body's having a hard time getting rid of it? Sorry for so much detail, but now I'm nervous. I don't eat much sugar (in the last year or two, and very little in the last few months), I'm not -that- overweight (I'm 5'4, and I've been between 153 and 170 for the last 3 years), and there isn't much history of diabetes in my family... (I have an uncle that has developed it due to weight gain - he's like 50)... do you think it might be? Sorry, freaking out just a little tiny bit. Not much, but some. Now I wish my doctor had tested me, though needles are one of my only real fears. Haven't passed out yet, but it's been close. ;) Sigh. :?:

goddesskde
08-31-2005, 03:02 PM
Well, there arent official needles, but they do use a lancet to prick your finger and get a drop of blood to test the numbers. It's a fairly simple and quick test. You'll get the results in as little as a minute. As sad as it is even being 20lbs over your ideal weight can be the cause for some women to become diabetic. That's one of the main reasons I started this weight loss thing. I dont have a huge family history of diabetes, but I was gestational diabetic with 3 of my girls so that puts me at a HUGE risk for it. SO in order to avoid it or at least put it off for a while I decided to drop my extra baggage and get healthier. And as for not eating a lot of sugar, you'd be amazed at what actually has added sugar in it. Pasta sauce, salad dressing, soup, lunch meat...just to name a few and dont forget that refined pastas and breads react in your body just like a teaspoon of sugar.. ohhh and potatos too. It's just nuts! But I'd definately look into having your numbers checked. Granted, it might be absolutely not the case, but it's a good idea to find out either way.

bikerdeb61
08-31-2005, 06:21 PM
HEY! WHERE IS EVERYONE?????
:listen:
Kim

hey Kim... I'm here... just have OODLES of studying to do, so can't sit in front of the computer for awhile. I got pulled away though by the siren call of the Internet and checked my emails. ;)

Deb

ctrsara
08-31-2005, 06:35 PM
I must say I absolutely love the new avatar by the way.
If that's the way they test it I can totally do it. I don't mind things poking me, but I have issues with taking blood out or putting stuff into my blood. I know I'll have to mostly get over it eventually, especially when I have kids, but I'm still pretty pathetic. I do know that there is extra sugar in so much stuff. I avoid refined wheat products and pasta when possible, have cut down on my dairy, and check the sugar grams and sugar alcohols on most things I eat. Most of this is due to trying to cut my sugar from this infection, but I have known the evils of white flour products just from trying to eat healthily to lose weight. :) If this medication regimen doesn't get rid of it I'm sure I'll get tested. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

o2bskinny
08-31-2005, 11:52 PM
Hi Deb! Hope your studying is getting easier! Glad you checked in!!!

Sara, I am with Kim...you need to rule out diabetes. Its probably not what it is, but I would check for it. It is a really fast and easy test. Dang! I hope you get over this soon! Sounds like it has been going on for too long!

I have to say I am depressed. I don't know if it is from the devestation left by Katrina, or what. I think that is most of it. My heart really goes out to those people. I just can't imagine what it would feel like to go back to nothing. No house, no job, nothing. And many of them lost family or friends. It just breaks my heart. I even think about the pets that were left behind. Then there is the problem with gas prices! How much is gas where you ladies are? Here it is anywhere from 2.70 to 3.19 a gallon. I am thinking of all the bills that are going to go up and how the heck we will pay them! Anyway, I didn't mean to get on a soap box here, but I needed to vent a little.

Kim

goddesskde
09-01-2005, 09:39 AM
I know what you mean Kim, if gas prices keep going up I'm not going to be able to afford simple grocery shopping trips. At least in our situation Dan's company pays for gas in his work vehicle so that helps a bit, but still it's getting harder and harder to come up with enough money to get around town.
I'm looking for a job, but it's hard to find anything with the economy being what it is. I won't work at a gas station, but **** lol that's where the money is going these days. My business has taken a huge hit with prices rising the way they are. No one can afford to spend the money on painting and decorating so it's major slow! Finances suck.. that's my new motto. lol..
Well ladies,, where are you all this morning????
Sara, thanks about the avatar.. lol I decided I didnt want the old boring one anymore.. this one fits me more..

o2bskinny
09-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Well, My mini van is full of gas, and we went this morning to get food and goodies for the families from Louisiana staying here in hotels. We will meet at our church tonight and deliver it. There were so many people getting gas today and many of the stations were out. Lots of people filling up and also filling up the gas jugs. I also heard that the stations here are about out and do not plan to get any in a few days. It isn't even a matter of gas prices anymore, it is a matter of getting gas. This is all so scary, isn't it??
Kim

chubbyvixen
09-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Hey girls...just wanted to check in. Still no phone. We cannot get in touch with Nics parents in Biloxi. We're freaking out. We've been on the Sun Herald website and posted messages but not response yet. If y'all are on that site, if you see anything about the Munoz family, please let me know. I need to go now. I love y'all and hope you're all ok.

Deanne

o2bskinny
09-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Deanne, I so forgot that Nics family is from down there! I will keep and eye on that website and keep checking. I know everyone is scared. Hang in there and know that all our prayers are with everyone there and with those that have families there. Kim

bikerdeb61
09-03-2005, 09:42 AM
How much is gas where you ladies are? Here it is anywhere from 2.70 to 3.19 a gallon. I am thinking of all the bills that are going to go up and how the heck we will pay them! Anyway, I didn't mean to get on a soap box here, but I needed to vent a little.
Kim

hi kim,

The gas prices in our area have been about $3.49 ... I have found a couple gas stations that were still selling it for $2.99. However, there's usually quite a line of cars trying to get gas there.

Deanne, my prayers go out to you, Nic and his family. I really hope that they're safe. Maybe it's just a matter of them not being able to get anywhere to let you know they're ok. I'll definitely be keeping you all in my prayers though.

I'm supposed to go to visit my brother today for his son's birthday party. It's going to be about an hour drive, and with the gas prices the way they are, I keep going back and forth about whether or not we should go. I'm real close to my brother and his family, so I would be bummed to not be there. We decided that we'll both take our motorcycles, and drive real careful (it's mostly expressway driving to get there). At least we'll be able to save some $$$ that way. I think our bikes get about 40-45 miles per gallon, which is a heck of alot better than the 16 mpg that my jeep gets.

I keep feeling depressed too when I see how awful the Katrina situation is. But I remind myself that at least I have a roof over my head, clothes on my body, and food in my stomach. Those poor people are fighting to stay alive, with almost nothing. I'm so glad to see that the military has FINALLY gotten there, and will start restoring order to New Orleans. So, after seeing all of that, I know that I have absolutely NOTHING to feel depressed about... instead, I should be grateful.

Hope you all have a safe holiday weekend!

Hugs, Deb

o2bskinny
09-03-2005, 05:53 PM
DEANNE**** I saw your post on the website that said Nics parents are ok. I have been checking it a couple times a day. I am so thankful that they are ok. I know you are both so relieved. Just wanted to let you know I was keeping an eye on it and praying for the best. So glad to hear a happy story!!!
Kim

bikerdeb61
09-04-2005, 01:30 PM
DEANNE**** I saw your post on the website that said Nics parents are ok.
Kim

oh Kim... that's WONDERFUL news!!! I'm so happy for Deanne and Nic, that his parents are safe and sound!! You're right -- it's great to hear some good news!!! :)

Hugs, Deb

chubbyvixen
09-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Hey girlies...just a quick check in. Thanks so much for your thoughts and for checking the sites for them! Y'all are so sweet. Im so glad they're ok. That stuff is all so scary.

Im working 9-5 while Im training and will be going to either nights or swings. Not sure. Ill post whenever I can.

Love yall,
Deanne

o2bskinny
09-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Deanne, It is so good to have nice news and not bad. I hope your training goes well and that you absolutely love your new job!

Well, I just wanted to check in and Say "Happy Labor Day" to every one!
Kim

o2bskinny
09-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Ok, I just wanted to report in that I lost 2 more pounds!!! YAY! :D
Kim

goddesskde
09-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Ok sorry I've been absent all weekend, but the hubby wanted some family time so I had to hang out with him lol. I dont think I have anything to report weight loss wise, but I forgot to weigh in this morning and I refuse to do it in the afternoon (its always a bit higher then) so I'll check tomorrow. I think I'm gonna have to stay precisely on plan at all times in order to shake those last few pounds i have.. ugh..I guess I cant really argue, my 10's are loose on me so what do i have to whine about ;)
Hope everyone is doing well..

bikerdeb61
09-06-2005, 08:33 PM
hi everybody... popping in for a sec. :) Had my first quiz in Large Animal Nursing this morning. It was a little nerve-wracking because this is the very first quiz we've had in this class. So, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't let myself get all crazy about it though. I studied and did my best. Any how, I think I got maybe one question partly wrong. He asked for the normal temperature range of a cow, and I said "101.5-103.5" and the normal range is "101.5-102.5". I'm hoping that he at least gives me partial credit for it. But it's no big deal... the quiz was worth 20 points, I think, and if I get that one wrong, I got 17 points, which is a "B".

Went to a beef farm today, and learned how to move steers around in the feedlot. That was kind of neat but scary. :)

With all the supplements that my doctor has me on, I think that's what caused me to get my period two weeks early. I just had it on the 19th, and it started yesterday (the 5th), which is REALLY weird. But when I talked to the nurse, she didn't think it was much of a concern. I guess the hormone supplements I'm taking might have contributed to it coming early. Oh joy. :-p

Well, hope you're all having a good day! I'm going to jump in the shower and wash the smell of cows off of me, then do some studying. Take care!

Hugs, Deb

bikerdeb61
09-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Kim, that's great that your 10's are loose on you!! I slipped into a pair of size 10 pants myself, and was ecstatic! Haven't pushed my luck to see if I fit into any other pairs, especially since "Aunt Flo" is visiting me right now. :-p

And to the other Kim, congrats on losing 2 more pounds!!! I must have caught one of the pounds you lost, cuz I've gained a pound. :( Ah well... just gotta get myself back on track and don't slack off like I've been doing.

Deb

chubbyvixen
09-07-2005, 05:03 AM
YAY KIM!!! You're moving right along, huh? Good for you, girl!

Finally, we have a phone line. But Im so busy with work, that I barely have time to get online.

My food is just ok. Better now than a week ago. Im eating calorie controlled foods. Like, frozen dinners. Its helping me get back on track. Im so excited because the Chow hall on the base is required to put the calorie content on all of its food. YAY!
They have an amazing salad bar with fat free dressings. So, that helps out. Now, I have no exscuses at all.

Ok chicks, gotta get ready for work.

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
09-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Deanne ~ YAY! A phone! How exciting! I know you are glad!! How are you liking your new job so far??

Deb ~ Bet those steers scared you...EEK! At least you are doing something exciting! I have been starting my TOM early too! I hate that! I have no idea what is causing mine. I hate it though!

Well, last night I ate a hostess cupcake and some Vanilla Wafers. I don't have any emergency food around, but I am not gonna beat myself up over it. Too many other things going on to worry about. Oh well, the kids are gone to school, so I think I am going to lay back down for a couple hours then head off to my sons school to do some PTO work! :dizzy: WOOO HOOO!
Kim

goddesskde
09-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Ok, well I was right, no loss no gain so here I am standing still again. Sigh.. like i said, I'll have to work my *** off literally to shake the last few pounds lol. I guess I should get back to really keeping track of what i'm doing this week.
I have a teacher meeting at 11 today to discuss my 2nd graders issues with spelling and reading. She doesn't even try to sound words out and she's getting sucky grades on her spelling tests. It would be one thing if she would let me help, but if i try she just cries and runs off. I'm not mean, I swear!!!
Oh well, maybe her teacher can help figure out what I need to do..

chubbyvixen
09-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Hey girls...just a note before I head to bed. Work was great. A chick brought in 20 cheeseburgers from McDonalds for everyone. I didn't eat one. YAY! Thats one of my favorite foods too.

Hmmm...i ate over my points but not too bad. They finally got fat free pringles here. So, I put 30 of them in a ziplock baggy and had them to graze on at work. That was only 2 points total. Not bad.

Im now training on the 3-11 shift. I actually like it better than 9-5. Theres no traffic to and from work at all. Also, its a little more relaxed. I just really enjoy this job.

GoddessKim- Sorry that you're at a standstill. At least you're not gaining weight though. Just keep at it!

Kim- Thanks for asking about my job. As you can tell, I love it. How are ya??

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
09-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Well i'm not to upset about the stand still. I'll deal like always lol.

chubbyvixen
09-07-2005, 05:22 PM
You have really done well so far...so I know you'll deal. You only have 6lbs left...thats awesome!! I like your avatar by the way....

Love,
D

goddesskde
09-07-2005, 05:24 PM
LOL thanks, it suits me better than the plain one i used to have

o2bskinny
09-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Well, I hope you are all doing wonderful this morning. I am bummed out. My kids progress reports came home yesterday and my daughters was great....my sons however was not so pretty. The worst part is coming this weekend when my hubby confronts him about it (hubby works nights, so he has not talked to him yet!). Needless to say, I wish I had somewhere to go so I wouldn't have to listen to it. My son needs the talk, but it just wrecks my nerves. I have not done so well on my snacking either. I haven't had the extra $ to stock up on the healthy stuff, so I have been junking it. Not good..Not good at all. :nono: Anyway, I am not going to ramble. Just wanted to check in and hope for some good news from you ladies. I need it.
Kim

goddesskde
09-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Well I dont have any good news, but I'm here. My oldest daughters progress reports were just as bad as Kim's sons were. UGH.. i dont know how in the world to deal with this. She hates school and doesn't make any effort to do any of her work. Sigh..maybe one day i'll get thru to her and get her to do what she needs to. Otherwise she'll be in 8th grade forever. I guess I'll have to schedule some conferences with her teachers and see just what is going on with her. She's hated school since 3rd grade and I can't seem to get her to shake that off. If she'd just lighten up it would be easier.
Oh well, eating has been fine. I'm snacking a bit more than i should, but nothing to terrible. Apples, cheese sticks.. so not awful food. But I'm not getting in as much exercise as I'd like. I've been getting awful headaches and it just zapps me out.
Well i'll check back in with ladies later on today.

bikerdeb61
09-09-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm here too! Don't really have any wonderful news to share with you though. I'm studying for my first 100-point exam in Small Animal Nursing, which will be on Wednesday. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to meet with my Large Animal instructor and some other people to help clean out the barn that we kept the sheep in. They've gone back to their owner now, so we've got to shovel sheep poop and get the barn back to sparkly-clean shape. It's a volunteer thing, and I actually don't mind doing it. I love the smell of a barn. :)

That surprise visit from "Aunt Flow" (the dreaded monthly visit that came two weeks early) seems to have been a shorter visit than usually. She graced me with her presence for about four days, then packed up and left. :-p I wonder if she'll be back again for her visit on the 19th, when she should have come. :-p

Not a whole lot going on over here though, but thought I'd pop on and say "hi". Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hugs, Deb

o2bskinny
09-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Gosh, what happened here??? No one has posted in 3 days! HELLLOOOO?? IS ANYBODY THERE?????
Well, I will talk to my self if I need to......I lost 2 more pounds!! YAY! Slowly but surely!!!
Well, I hope everyone is ok.
Gotta run some errands.
Kim

goddesskde
09-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Well CONGRATS Kim!!! I'm still at a stand still weight wise but I'm not stressing it. It'll come off eventually.
I started working at Best Buy this past week. It's kinda neat to be back in the work force that and I get a employee discount so WOO HOO lol. The only down side is I have to be up at 5 am to make it to work by 7. UGH but i'll adjust to that too..
Well I'm gonna go rest for a bit before i need to get the kids going on their stuff. See you ladies later.

chubbyvixen
09-14-2005, 05:30 AM
Hey chicks....

Sorry I havent been posting. My birthday was Monday and i had the flu and aunt flo showed up too. It was not good. On the upside, 2 girls at work bought me 3 cakes. And the guys that work in my office made me a huge sign. They're third country nationals who usually dont interact with the Americans much so it was really sweet that they thought of me. Im not the type of person that tells them what to do. Most of the Americans here treat them like dogs. ANYWAY, then my husband came by my office to tell me happy birthday. It turned out to not be so bad.

So, I've lost about 7lbs since starting work. I don't eat when Im bored anymore. I had a big issue with that before.

Ok, dont know where everyone is...hope everyones good though.

Love,
Deanne

o2bskinny
09-14-2005, 09:42 AM
DEANNE~Happy birthday! :balloons: :woo: That was very sweet of your co workers to do all that for you! And you have lost 7 pounds too! :cb: That is great!!!!
Hope you are feeling better from the flu and flo. Bummer. One alone is bad enough!!!!
Kim

bikerdeb61
09-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Happy birthday, Deanne!! :hb: :woo: So, Aunt Flo left my house and came to visit you, huh? Sheesh, I thought she had better manners than to show up when you've got the flu. :-p I hope you feel better soon!

Well, got through one big test in Small Animal Nursing and a quiz in Large Animal Nursing. I think I did pretty darn well on both of them. :) I've got a quiz in Radiology tomorrow, so going to spend the night reading and studying for that. Plus, I have to catch up on my reading for Small Animal Nursing. He gave us a bunch of handouts on birthing of calves. :-p

Hope you're all having a good day! Back to studying... (groan)

Deb

goddesskde
09-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey ladies.. sorry i've been a little post shy lately. I've just been a bit busier than i usually am. I've started working and it's going to take me a little while to get used to the time away from home. I'm finding i dont have the time to do all that i used to. Laundry is falling to the way side in a big way lol.. oh well, we'll survive.
I'm doing good weight wise. I'm up and moving way more than i used to so I'm hoping that when i weigh in on monday it will show some improvement in my scales. I cant really complain. I had to buy pants for work and I got 2 pair of 8's and one 9. This is the first time ive been in single digit size numbers in YEARS!!
Happy birthday Deanne.. I hope you are feeling better..xoxo

goddesskde
09-17-2005, 01:10 PM
OK either i'm missing something or everyone has disappeared.. which is it????

chubbyvixen
09-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Im here...Kinda wondering where everyone is too. I havent seen Lynn on a long time...

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
09-17-2005, 05:50 PM
ok well maybe we need to have a curvy vixens intervention. go hunt down all our missing members and force them to speak up.

bikerdeb61
09-18-2005, 12:10 AM
noooo... don't hunt me down! I'm here, I'm here! :) Went on a field trip to a zoo in Chicago today. The field trip was part of the vet tech club that I've joined. I'd never been to that zoo before, so it was a lot of fun.

What'd you all do this weekend?

Deb

chubbyvixen
09-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Im here too!! Just busy working. ALOT. A normal work week here is 48 hours so its a little different for me. Anyway, love the job. Ill try to write more later. Hope you're all ok.

Love,
Deanne

goddesskde
09-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Well what I did this weekend. Saturday I did a TON of laundry got in a killer work out and bummed the rest of the day. Sunday I worked from 7-12 came home went grocery shopping came home finally had lunch then went outside and weedeated the yard while Dan mowed. I was BEAT that night. I was off today so I went shopping for my oldest daughter's birthday. I won't mention what I got her since she knows I post on here lol It would be just like her to come check if I told you guys!! Her birthday is the 26th.. she'll be 13.. I can't believe I have a 13 yr old daughter.. it's crazy! I can't be that old!!!!!!

bikerdeb61
09-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Her birthday is the 26th.. she'll be 13.. I can't believe I have a 13 yr old daughter.. it's crazy! I can't be that old!!!!!!

yikes... a 13 yr old daughter huh? good luck!! My youngest son will be turning 19 on Oct 20, and my oldest son will be turning 21 on Dec 29. It's hard for me to believe that I've got kids that old too... dang, the time flies by!

Deb

goddesskde
09-20-2005, 11:30 AM
OK do we need to start stomping our feet and yelling to make everyone coma back and post????

o2bskinny
09-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Well, I am here! That is about all I can say......I am here.
Not feeling too well lately. We went to the lake this past weekend. Rode on the Sea Doo and hung out on the pontoon boat. We had a great time. We figure this may be one of the last weekends to enjoy the lake. I sure wish it would get cool! Yesterday and today it is like 95. UGH!
Well, as far as eating, I am not doing so well. I need to start again on phase 1, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I get so bummed on phase 1 and soooo bored. This would be my 3rd time. :fr: I just don't think my heart is in it. Oh well.
Ok, I posted......it was a bummer post, but I at least spoke up!
Kim

goddesskde
09-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Well thank you for posting.. I knew if i stomped my feet and pouted someone would try to shut me up!!! lol

bikerdeb61
09-20-2005, 04:48 PM
OK do we need to start stomping our feet and yelling to make everyone coma back and post????

LOL ... is that a Freudian slip? "...make everyone coma back..."? LOL Maybe that's what happened -- everyone is comatose and unable to type. :)

Just got back from my Large Animal Nursing class. We went to a dairy farm, and learned how to milk a cow, as well as draw blood from the vein in their tail. Man, my clothes REEK! I've got to get home and jump in the shower. Also, we had a small quiz in the class today, which I hadn't expected. So, I really hadn't studied very much. But I think I did really well on it. :)

I've got a test in Radiology, Math, and Kennel Management on Monday of next week... so I'd better get home and do some studying for that. See you all later!

Deb

bikerdeb61
09-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Well, as far as eating, I am not doing so well. I need to start again on phase 1, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Kim, I can relate to what you're saying about the eating. I haven't been doing very well lately either. I think I need to go back to Phase 1 myself. Ever since I started school, I've been doing really crappy about eating junk food. :( I don't want to gain back the weight that I've lost, so I'm going to have to go food shopping, and get serious about being back on track.

Deb

o2bskinny
09-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Deb, yes, we must get back on track. I also do NOT want to gain back the weight I lost. That would suck beyond anything! I went to the store today. Got a few things, but pretty much everything seemed so blah to me. I don't know.......I just gotta start feeling better for one. I have no energy and feel weak 90% of the time. This has been going on since last Friday. I know drinking my water...ugh, and walking more or some sort of exercise would help. I just don't feel like doing anything! I am a slug!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim :(

bikerdeb61
09-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Deb, yes, we must get back on track. I also do NOT want to gain back the weight I lost. That would suck beyond anything! I went to the store today. Got a few things, but pretty much everything seemed so blah to me. I don't know.......I just gotta start feeling better for one. I have no energy and feel weak 90% of the time. This has been going on since last Friday. I know drinking my water...ugh, and walking more or some sort of exercise would help. I just don't feel like doing anything! I am a slug!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim :(

Kim, I *KNOW* I've gained some of my weight back but I'm too chicken to step on the scale and see just how bad it is. So, I've been really trying to mentally put my foot down, and get back to basics again. I have class at noon today, so this morning I got up and made myself some eggs and a slice of wheat toast, with a small glass of milk. When I get home, I'm going to make some hard-boiled eggs, and have them handy for a quick protein snack. Then, I've got to get to the store and pick up some other healthy fruit/veggie snacks to eat. I've been way too disorganized lately... I've come too far on this eating plan to sabotage it now. I actually fit into a pair of size 10 jeans for the first time in a LONG time! But, I'm bettting that they'd probably be kinda tight (or not fit at all) right now. :-(

So, hopefully what I'm doing will encourage you to do the same. We can do it!! We deserve it!! :)

Hugs, Deb

goddesskde
09-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Alright ladies, no time like the present to get up and motivated to drop those pounds that inevitably sneak up on us when we're not paying attention. If you two dont want to go back to phase 1( i know Kim is dreading just the idea) try modifying it up a bit. Skip the breads and pasta's but keep fruits. One of my favorite meals is any kind of soup. Try to find ones low in sugar and have those for lunch instead of a sandwhich. I also like the Kaschi brand granola bars.. they have some sweetness, but they are relatively low in sugar.. only 7 grams compared to 28 in regular granola bars.. those are great for a grabable snack. Sugar free yogurt is great also..they feel like a cheat but they arent. And I know how much you (Kim) hate to hear this, but WATER is key. The more you drink water the less you consume in food. We have gotten to the point as humans that we can't tell the difference between the hunger and thrist feeling anymore. So when you start to feel like you need a snack, try water first, it make satisfy whatever urge you were having without having to eat. Of course if your stomach is growling, skip the water and grab some fruit!!
Well, I hope that helps out a little.. don't get discouraged, we're all in this together!!!

o2bskinny
09-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks for your encouraging words Kim. I will do my best, I promise. I am meeting a few friends from high school tomorrow night at a restaurant, that one will be tough, but I will try to get something healthy. I am going to the school today to paint our teachers lounge. That will keep me busy. This morning my son and hubby had it out. He is lying about doing homework. I won't go into it, but it was pretty ugly this morning. I am a wreck. I have had it.
Oh well, enough of me. I am upset right now.
Kim

goddesskde
09-23-2005, 11:15 AM
I have the same type of arguments with my oldest daughter about homework. I keep telling her that she HAS to do it whether is seems stupid or not. UGH I thought I was done with homework when I graduated!!!!

bikerdeb61
09-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Hi guys... just wanted to let you know that I'm still here. I've got three big exams on Monday, so I've been spending the day studying. I'll do the same tomorrow. Plus, I have some studying to do for the other two classes that I have, but don't have tests in.

I bought a bunch of vegetables at Sam's Club yesterday, and put them in baggies for quick grabbing. Today, my eating and snacking hasn't been too terrible. I had two eggs and 1 slice of wheat bread for breakfast, then had some cheese as a snack mid-morning, then ate some tuna with celery and mayonnaise and veggies for lunch. Snacked on some more veggies mid-afternoon, but was bad and blew off dinner cuz I wasn't hungry. I woke up with a sore throat yesterday, and it's still bothering me today. So I don't really feel like eating a whole lot, I guess.

I'm going to go back to Phase 1, and stick to it for two weeks. Then, after that's done, I'll go back to Phase 2. I'm going to avoid the scale for a bit.

That's all that's going on over here... how's everyone else's weekend?

Deb

bikerdeb61
09-25-2005, 10:52 AM
I have the same type of arguments with my oldest daughter about homework. I keep telling her that she HAS to do it whether is seems stupid or not. UGH I thought I was done with homework when I graduated!!!!

I'm so glad that both of my kids are done with high school. My younger son is trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life, and is thinking about enlisting into the Air Force. He wants to do college but he doesn't know which career to pursue.

Now I'm the one who has to deal with the homework, since I'm taking classes. :-p

Deb

bikerdeb61
09-26-2005, 07:09 PM
oooookay... I'll just have a little ol' conversation with myself. ;) Got done taking the three exams this morning, the ones that I was studying my butt off all weekend for. I don't know how I did in one exam, but I found out that I got a 94% on one, and a 100% on the other. I think I did fairly well on the last one that I'm waiting for a grade on. Doubt I got a 100% on that one, but pretty sure I got an "A".

I was dealing with a sore throat for the past 3 or so days, and now it's turned into a head cold. Oh joy. I went to bed last night, and felt like sticking a wadded up piece of paper towel in my nose to keep it from running. I know, TMI huh? LOL This morning I woke up and felt like my head was stuffed with cotton. So, I was a little worried about how I would do on the exams, because it felt hard to think. Guess that really wasn't a problem for me though huh? LOL

Hope you're all doing okay... come out and say "hi", so I don't feel so lonely. :cry:

Deb

goddesskde
09-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Hey Deb,
Congrats on the high test scores!! I'm very proud of you. I've been putting in a lot of time at work. I started there just over 2 weeks ago and they've already decided to bring me on full time in a new position. I'm pretty excited but not quite sure what I've gotten myself into! lol I'll figure it out soon enough I suppose. I officially transfer over to my new position on October 2nd. I'm sorta training this week, but I still have to do my regular duties so I'm beat. I get up almost every morning at 5am now so I basically fall into bed right after my walk with Kim at night lol. I'm going to be straight 7am to 3:30pm Monday thru Friday so up at 5 everyday for me.. woo hoooo..

Kery
09-27-2005, 03:56 AM
Hi Vixens, it's been a while! :D I hadn't realized until now that it was since *early July* that I hadn't logged on the forums, gee. It was high time I dragged my sorry arse in here again, I was starting to miss it all.

I still need to catch up on the rest of the thread to see what I've missed, so I'll update more later. I hope everybody's doing alright, and that you've been better than I with the weight loss thing ;) I got caught focusing on my writing seriously (half a novel under the belt now, yayh) as well as on making extra $$ with publishing articles on several blogs, and I have to admit that this change in the timetable made me, uhm, get lazy in other areas, including exercising properly and staying tuned in sites like this one (which ARE so useful to stay motivated, really; I regret having slipped out of it now).

In any case, I'll be back later today after work. Good to see that the group is still going on, even if more slowly than at its beginning :)

o2bskinny
09-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Hi Kery! Glad to see you back! Sounds like you have been busy! And writing a novel? Stay in touch! I wish you the best getting back on track. I haven't done so well myself. I did weigh yesterday and I didn't lose or gain. So I guess that is something to be thankful for. I had my little class reunion this past weekend. It was only those of us that hung out together, minus a few that I would have loved to have seen, but we had a good time. I had hoped to be a little thinner, but oh well.......maybe next time. :lol:
Deb, congrats on the test scores! That is awesome. I sooo want to go back to school, but I just don't see it happening anytime really soon. I am jealous..but in a good way. Sounds like you are doing great. Keep it up!
Well, I am very tired, so I think I am going back to bed for a little bit.
Kim

o2bskinny
09-27-2005, 08:41 AM
Ok, I found this avatar.....is it hilarious or what??? I wish it were true. Truth is, I hate having my picture taken......so I guess this fits pretty good, huh? :lol:
Kim

goddesskde
09-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Ok girls.. welcome back Keri we've missed you! And congratulations on the writing!
I've been busy trying to get the house back in order today. I work tonight (my new schedule starts next week) so I thought I'd try to get things cleaned up before I go in tonight. It was in serious need of a good vaccumming. The kids rooms are still disasters, but that will have to wait until the weekend. Always way to much to do and not enough time to get it all taken care of... ugh..
I got my TOM this morning so I'm at a stand still at 145 again. I'll re-weigh in a couple of days once the bloating goes down and see if i've managed to lose anything. I was at 144 until yesterday so I'm guessing I may have lost a little. Kim and I are apparently syncing up on our periods lol.. she started just before me. Women and our weird body chemisty...lol

ctrsara
09-27-2005, 06:16 PM
Hi...
So, yeah, I wasn't even around to absorb the chastisement for not posting! Things have been pretty crazy. Still dealing with the ever-present yeast infection, plus had a bad cold for a week,had tom, and we've been out of town some, so I guess that's the closest to a good excuse I have. Have been exercising very little to not at all, since it seems to aggravate the infection, but that's more of an excuse that anything. My goal for next week is at least 3 times. I can do this! Food is...average. I'm mostly not eating sugar, but I am a little bit, and I eat too much of the other stuff. Not eating fruit mostly because it's also sugary, but not eating many veggies either. I'm just lazy and they don't sound good when I haven't been eating them. I'm so confused food-wise. What's normally healthy for me isn't so much right now, so I just get frustrated and cheat a little both ways. Sigh. Haven't gained much, but I know I've lost some muscle in the last 3-4 weeks. We're going on a road trip thing to Utah this weekend (13 hr drive) which means lots of restaurants. Any tips on keeping it lo-cal but not feeling totally deprived compared to everyone else? My mom and sister will be there too, so hopefully we can help each other... I promise to be around more, I need the support, and the reminders!
(Glad to see you back (internet-wise) Deanne, and glad you're loving your job. Congrats on the 7 lbs!)

o2bskinny
09-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Yes, Kim and I are apparently in sync with TOM! My cycle is so screwed up!!
Oh well. I need to make an appt with the gyn and see what is going on. I just hate that visit!!
Alright Sara, glad to see you still around! Eat those veggies girl! I can't say much cause I haven't done that great myself. But at least we aren't gaining it all back. As far as your trips go.....make sure to have grilled chicken, salads of course, and fruit. lots of places offer the fruit bowls now. You can do it. Just try to make the best choices, even if the menus arent the best. Even a hamburger, you can take the meat off the bread. Little things like that should help. Good luck!
Kim

Kery
10-01-2005, 03:43 AM
Hi Vixens, checking in in the morning. Today I feel very committed and ready to get going and pumping, so to say (both in exercizing and eating well ;)). I'm crossing my fingers for the good spirits to last, err, forever? *lol* This would sure help a lot.

Not much to report at the moment. I had a birthday party at a restaurant yesterday (for a friend of mine, not for me), but I managed to keep it in check: still not great regarding the calories, I suppose, but I didn't force myself to finish my main dish, nor did I take any dessert nor even the chocolate bit with my coffee. To tell the truth, simply seeing the names of the desserts on the menu was enough to disgust me, which is a feeling I had never experienced in my life before, as far as I can remember. It was pretty weird, but comforting in a way.

I hope we can all get back on track fast and well, for those of us who're struggling at the moment. Oddly enough, winter months seem to be easier for me for weight loss (everytime I lost, it was in winter—really weird, as I had always thought it was easier in summer!). I wonder if it's the same for others in this group?

goddesskde
10-08-2005, 11:00 AM
WHAT HAPPENED TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all just fell off the face of the earth! I'm lonely here girls.. get on your computers and post, post like you've never posted before lol.
Things are going fine here, just working and trying to keep up with all of the stuff that needs to be done at the house. I've finally managed to get all of the fabric I need to make halloween costumes, now i just have to sit down and start cutting peices out from the pattern. WOO HOO lol This is gonna have to be an after work and weekend project so I can get it done before halloween.
Well I hope everyone is doing well,, I'll keep checking back to see if anyone shows up

bikerdeb61
10-09-2005, 12:33 AM
hi Kim,

Here I am! Sorry about that... I lost myself in a pile of books, and forgot all about having a computer. LOL

Wow, I'm impressed... you make your own halloween costumes?? I never had the time, skill or energy to do that when my kids were younger. They always ended up with some lame store-bought costume, something that usually at least two or three other kids were wearing the same thing of.

Things are going okay here too. I'm starting week 8 of school, so I'm halfway through the semester. Trying to just keep focused on the week that I'm on, so I don't feel to crazy or overwhelmed. There's so much reading and studying to do, it's insane. This weekend I've been spending most of my time trying to memorize a bunch of info about 9 different dog diseases. Then, I've also got to get breed names memorized for 5-6 different species in my Large Animal Nursing class. I lost points on the exam, because I hadn't memorized any goat breeds. :-p

Well, time to hit the sack... but I thought I'd pop in and keep you company for a sec. :) Take care and have a nice night!

Deb

bikerdeb61
10-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Hi Kery,

I noticed in your weight counter that you've got a target weight of 121. I was just curious -- how tall are you? I had the same start weight (165) and am thinking that I should put my target weight as somewhere between 135 and 130. I'm 5'3", and have pretty much always weighed 128 when I was younger.

How did you decide to make 121 as your target weight?

Deb

o2bskinny
10-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Hi Ladies! I have not posted in a while. My diet is gone...finished. I will not be posting here for a while, unless I get my butt back into gear. Kim and I are still walking a few times a week, but as far as eating right......forget it. The thought of going back on phase 1 is sickening. And I really would need to do that because I am having major sugar cravings. I just can't do it right now. I know I have gained a few pounds back, because I can look at myself and tell. But I have not weighed in. Too depressing!! Anyway, you ladies have been great! And you are all doing a wonderful job of taking care of yourselves!! Keep it up!
Kim

bikerdeb61
10-13-2005, 10:34 PM
awww Kim... you don't have to stop posting here and leave because your diet has taken a nose-dive! I haven't been doing well with mine either, but I'm not going to give up. I keep telling myself, "I'll get back on the bandwagon when I wake up tomorrow morning" but then I sabotage it and eat crappy food.

I sure don't want to gain back the weight that I've lost. So, if I keep writing here, at least I won't feel like I've totally given up.

C'mon... stay with us! :)

Hugs, Deb

bikerdeb61
10-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Knock... Knock... anybody home? :wave:

Deb

bikerdeb61
10-19-2005, 08:30 PM
c'mon, everybody.... come out, come out wherever you are! I posted my last note on the 14th, and nobody has said a peep since then. :(

Where are you all? Did you guys hit your target weight, and all move on without me? ;)

I've had a hellish week with school so far. I was totally stupid, and failed a 15-point kennel management quiz. It was such a STUPID mistake, and because I got the first answer wrong, the other two were wrong. (They depended on having the correct answer for the first question.) *sigh* I took a quiz in Large Animal Nursing on Tuesday, and don't think I did too hot on that one either. I'm waiting until next week to find out just how bad I did on it. :( And, then we had an exam in Small Animal Nursing today. I've got my fingers crossed that I did better on this one. At least I felt like I did pretty good on it. (fingers crossed) So, maybe I'm coming out of my no-brain slump? I've got a Radiology lab practical tomorrow, and have spent the evening studying for that. I feel pretty confident about that, so hope that I'll do well with it.

Any hoo.... hope somebody is around and will come out to say "hi". :)

Deb

goddesskde
10-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Hey Deb, sorry about not being around lately. I've been to tired to type when I finally get a break at the end of the day. I get out of bed at 5 for work, work til 330 and get home around 430, clean until 7, cook dinner, try to get some laundry done, and now I'm making halloween costumes again. It's been nuts around here. I swear I must be the only one in my house that knows how to clean up around here. I've finally asked them to get off their duffs and pick up their own stuff though. And they need to keep a running "we're out of this" list for the grocery store. I'm having to make 2 or 3 trips a week cuz they keep saying oh yeah, can you get some bread after I'm already home!
I'm trying to tighten down on the eating habits again. I've let myself slip up this past week, but it hasn't been to horrible. I've still lost a little over a pound, but my tummy feels all bloated from the added sugar in my diet so it doesnt feel like i've lost anything. More like I gained it!
I'm off of work today for my kindergartener's first big field trip. We're going to the pumpkin patch to pick out their very own little pumpkin. It should be fun. They have a petting zoo and pony rides there too.
I'll try to be better about posting. I know i've been a bad bad girl lol
Hope your school work turns out better than you expected!!

bikerdeb61
10-20-2005, 06:04 PM
wow, Kim! no wonder you're so tired... I don't know how you do it. :( I have the same problem in my house with people not knowing how to pick up after themselves. It seems that running a dishwasher is too tricky to figure out. :-p

I'm glad that this week is over with. I took my lab practical in Radiography at noon today. I felt like I did pretty good, and when I logged onto the course website later this afternoon, I found out that I got 125 out of 130 points. So, I got a 96%. :cb: :dancer: Now I'm going to spend the weekend just looking over material and studying for what we're covering this next week. I don't have any big exams coming up for three weeks.

Any how... it was really good to hear from you, and I totally understand about being too tired to post any notes. I hope things settle down for you soon.

Hugs, Deb

goddesskde
10-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Well I survived the pumpkin patch LOL. 150 screaming kindergarteners is to much for anyone to be around. I came out of there with the worst headach. I dont see how teachers stand them all day. 1 is ok, but 25 in each room.. its like they have you outnumbered and they are gonna revolt at any moment lol.
I'm hoping things settle down here soon..either that or i'm gonna bury them all in the back yard. It might be more work initally, but in the long run it will cut down on everything around here lol.1/6th the laundry, cooking, shopping, cleaning.. hmmmm sounding better and better by the second.lol yeah I have a morbid streak in me. They annoy the piss out of me, but I'd miss them if they were gone. sigh.. cant live with them, cant bury them in the back yard. whats a girl to do??
Well the hubby is working late again so I'm on my own with dinner and such. I'll check back in tomorrow.
Congrats on your wonderful grade.. see things always get better:bravo:

bikerdeb61
10-22-2005, 05:29 PM
hi Kim...
LOL at picturing 25 screaming kindergarteners in a pumpkin patch -- **shiver** LOL That's why I never became a teacher! ;-)

Well, I figured out why I've been pretty cranky the past couple of days. My "Aunt Flo" came to visit about a week or so early. :-p I wasn't expecting a visit until the beginning of the month. (sigh) Good news is, I don't seem to have gained much weight with the visit. I weighed myself the other day and I'm down to 148, which mean that I've lost 18 pounds so far! :-D

I'm still pretty jittery and cranky though... my husband is bearing the brunt of it, poor guy. LOL

Well, hope you're all having a nice weekend --- come out and chat with Kim and me. Keep us company! :)

Deb

goddesskde
10-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah I'm expecting that time to show up soon. I've been way cranky with everyone lately. I've just been stressed over the house being a wreck all of the time and never having enough time to actually get what I need done. Sigh, I'll have to adjust to working life. It's been ohhhh 7 years since I last held a job in the typical sense. I did painting work, but I worked around my kids schedule, now I have to work my kids around my work schedule and it's not fun. I do enjoy my job and getting out with actual adults though. Well, i'll be nice and consider the guys i work with adults lol. Most of them are early to mid 20's and they are still a bit on the teeny-bopper side, but they do try.
Kim and I did the race for the cure yesterday morning. We did the 1mile family fun walk, but it was still exercise. Next year I'm forcing her to do the 5k so she had better start training now. I was amazed to see some women that looked to be mid 20's wearing survivor shirts! I couldn't imagine being that young and diagnosed with breast cancer. To be honest, it's my worst fear. I'm not sure how I would handle that. Any other disease I could deal with, but that one scares me.
Ok, on to happier notes... I'm going to be working outside getting the yard and gardens ready for winter today. I'll check back in with you later Deb.. if we're the only 2 that show up on here that's fine with me.. we'll keep each other motivated!!!

o2bskinny
10-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Ok Kim.......I am back. I went to the store last night and got some 'healthy' stuff. I am adding apples this time in phase 1 though. I just can't go with no fruit again. I don't guarantee anything, but I hate what I see in the mirror.
I enjoyed the 'racie for the cure walk'....I just wish my foot would not cramp and go numb!!!! Anyway, It was for a great cause, so it was worth the cramping and hurt foot. It is so nothing compared to what the survivors have been through. Makes me feel bad for whining.
Anyway, Deb. Good luck on your schooling. Sounds like you are doing great. Sorry about the one test you said you messed up on. How long will you be in school? When will you finish?
Ok, I am out of here for now. I will try to get the courage to step back on the scale in a little bit. I know it won't be pretty!!! Then I will repost my ticker.
Kim

PURPLEPANSY
10-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Major league MIA!!! Girls I missed ya... omg... what a month...
Had major computer problems, tried to fix and ended up buying a new computer. Mind you the one we had was less than a year old...
I went back to work, found a great job!!! I thought a nice doctor's office would be great but ended up in a Ped's clinic. There are 12 doctors and they do just about everything you can imagine. Even spinal taps. I do alot of immunizations and patient education, asthma maintance and general physcials. Although it is alot I really like it.

My younger daughter lost a friend over the weekend. She was 16yo and was in a very bad car accident. Her bf who was driving died yesterday after two days in a coma. The wake is tonight. It has been trying and very sad, I tell Heather this is why I don't want her in the car with her bf.

I have not lost any weight. In fact disgustingly enough, I had to go out and buy new scrubs. I'm afraid to get on the scale. I re-joined wwers on fri and told the women don't tell me. I don't want to know for a couple of weeks. This is the highest weight I have ever been, I can feel it, I bet I'm over 200 pounds. I wish I wasn't an emotional eater. I eat to soothe, it is terrible. I feel like an addict. I need to resume OA.
I missed ya gals big time. I hope all is well, and now that i'm back online I can catch up!

o2bskinny
10-25-2005, 10:33 AM
Hey Lynn ~ I am sorry to hear about your daughters friend. That is what I dread the most I think about the kids growing up. It is very scary. This is not the first story I have heard like yours. I hear them all the time. My heart goes out your daughter and her friends family. I just can't imagine.
Girl....get back on track. I quit for a few weeks and I hated what I saw so much in the mirror, that I picked myself up and restarted yesterday and I am back. Just think if you get on track now and start over....by next summer you will look great! And best of all, you will feel great!!!
I am rootin' for you..I know you can do it. If I can, anybody can.
Kim

goddesskde
10-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Lynn, welcome back after your long absense. I'm sorry to hear about your daughters loss. It's scarey to think of all that can go wrong when our kids leave our sides...
I got a visit from aunt flo today.. ugh.. this time of month sucks lol.. and i still have to get up at 5 am to get to work on time. I think as women we should be allowed to come in late with no penalty for a week a month lol...

o2bskinny
10-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Lynn, I have been thinking about you and your daughter.....how is she? That sort of thing happens all the time and it just breaks my heart. I know of several people that have gone through a tragedy like that. The most recent was that a friend of mine (she is a teacher and we have worked together on flowers for years), had one of her students die with some other kids in a wreck. The worst part of this one was that the boy was driving at over 100 MPH and they all were yelling at him to slow down. She even text messaged her mom while they were in the car and told her he was going to kill them and that she loved her and her dad very much. The boy driving was hurt but ok, the rest of them died. He went out of control and hit a tree. I can't imagine!!!!

Well, on a happy note, I have been doing well with my diet. Day 3 now.
It is so chilly here at night that Kim and I have been walking earlier to keep from freezing. My foot is giving me problems though. Keeps cramping and going numb. Not good when you walk. I go to my doctor for a physical Nov 2, so I will talk to him about it.

Well, I am going to suck down some coffee. I realized after my son got out of the car that he forgot his pre algebra workbook that he did homework in last night. So I guess I will run that up to the school. Heaven knows we don't need any bad grades if we can help it.

Kim

PURPLEPANSY
10-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Hi everyone..
Heather is doing ok... she is sad and weepy. The wake was packed with people lined out the door. Now For Tim's funeral. The family is waiting for the sister to come from oversea's I drive by the site were the accident happened, people made a memorial with candles, pictures and photo's.

I did ok today food wise.. I'm doing weight watchers.....
be well

o2bskinny
10-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Hey Lynn, how was the funeral? How is your daughter holding up?
When was the funeral?
Kim

scale_challenged
10-29-2005, 09:36 PM
I was looking for support and stumbled onto this site. I have been reading some of the posts and I really like this group's view on things. A little about myself, I am almost 34 (in nov.) a mother of 2 and have been slowly but surely working my behind off--literally! I have lost about 70 pounds since Jan., 2005 and still have about 30-40 more pounds to go. It has been a really hard month....I mean who said we should start celebrating Halloween Oct 1?? Anyway, I have been able to maintain, but would love to get over this hump and I think support is exactly what I need. Would love to join in on the conversation. I have a few tips that have worked for me and I sure have alot more to learn. Hope to chat soon!!