100 lb. Club - Hi! I'm New!

View Full Version : Hi! I'm New!

alphabetsoup
06-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Hi :wave: - I just joined a couple of days ago, I've been lurking and everyone seems really super nice and supportive so I'm jumping in.

I'm 35 and I live in Seattle with my DH and two kiddos, a DD 3 1/2 & a DS 13 months. I'm a SAHM now (I work part-time from home) and a former teacher.

I'll post more details in the introduction thread above, but I just wanted to say HI! :)

famograham
06-24-2005, 01:57 AM
Hi!
Welcome to the 100 pound club :)

There's no better place to find all the love and support you need to make it through this journey!
Post away, can't wait to get to know you :)

I'm off to read your profile ;)

Linda

DishyFishy
06-24-2005, 03:27 AM
Hi, Laura. :wave:

I read your intro post and it sounds like you have a sensible approach. I'm an over-eater myself (at least, I was until 11 weeks ago ;) ) and the best thing I've done to help curb this was switching to a smaller plate. As far as I'm concerned, f it doesn't fit neatly on the plate, it's too much food for one meal, regardless of the kcal value. And "neatly" doesn't mean piled high in a tidy stack! :joker:

Welcome, and well done on your loss. You're off to a cracking start. :)

Amanda Panda
06-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi alphabet!

You are very welcome here! There are lots of lovely people here who can offer great advice, support and encouragement - so jump right in!

TooFatFish - I am trying that smaller plate thing aswell - what do you mean you can't pile it upwards????? I've been using the stepladders to reach the top of my food mountain! :lol:

Love Amanda x

tchrnow
06-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Welcome!!! I'm new here too and have found it very supportive. Glad to see you jumped in and are going strong.
Lynne

Sandi
06-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Well...welcome to the newbies!! Feel free to jump right in on any of the threads!!!

barbygirl43
06-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Hi and welcome.