Support Groups - Weightloss & Chitchat #135

View Full Version : Weightloss & Chitchat #135

Marti
06-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies! :wave:

We're a friendly group that provides support in getting/staying healthy :tread:, and we also share our daily ups and downs with each other. Please feel free to join us. :cofdate:

Marti
06-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Afternoon Ladies--

I've been up and moving all morning it seems. Had no idea that my house needed this much straightening up!! But it's all done and I've got my shower in.....(worked up a sweat!) and ready to relax!

Jane--Jhanai is one of the sweetest and most caring little girls around!! Always thinking of others....after she's done thinking of herself! :lol: But seriuosly, she is a very loving little girl and I couldn't have asked for a better daughter! I've been blessed!

Terri--I'm sorry to hear about family members who are insensitive! If you're wanting to walk around, have you thought about just walking around the fields? When I was w/my ex- we lived out in the country and the nearest road was a busy highway...so I figured out how many times around the this area we had that would equal a mile...and walked. It was 5times around to get a mile in and I walked twice a day. Took Jhanai w/me some of the times but it slowed down the walking! :D I need to walk around my neighborhood too. There should be nothing stopping me!

Cristi--I've seen those jugs your were talking about. At least I think I did. I've also heard of the green tea gum. As I like green tea as the tea itself, I can't see me liking the gum. There is a comfort for me to grab some tea w/a good book and drink....but chewing the gum...I'm not sure. If you try it, let me know what you think.

Did many squats today (picking up tons of stuff on my floors) Worked out my arms by sweeping, lifting, and whatever else you can do w/your arms during cleaning. Put on some music and it really made it better for me to make it more of a workout instead of just cleaning the house. I use to do this at Sony too when it was open. found ways to work out the body while loading the machines. Makes a difference.

Tomorrow I won't have things to do so it's on the gazelle and some yoga. Need variety. This weekend...it's yard work!! And boy do I have LOTS of it! Does anyone want to come over and help?? :lol:

I'm off to eat some lunch.

Take Care!

Ddfaire
06-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Hello Again Ladies....

It's been awhile since I've been here...sorry... Pam and I had a fabulous time at Magic Mountain with my DS. And we did ride the old wooden Colossus...wow, it seemed so much larger when I was younger.

The diet is comming along...still at 158...darn it, and the job hauling fuel isn't working out as well as I had hoped. It seems that my sweetie and my boy can't fare without me. And my house is falling apart with me just working and sleeping 5 days a week. I guess it's time to start looking again.....

Sorry to drop in and whine, but I have no one else to whine to...

Take Care, Keep Smiling and have a great day!!

RosieKate
06-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Terri - thanks for sharing your pix...I have "helpful" realtives as well...the fat ones keep wanting to feed me, and the skinny ones make alot of noise about how they just "aren't hungry" and "isn't it amazing how little food one needs", usually they are saying this as I am eating something....sigh. Can't win with some folks.

Marti - Jhanai is a sweetie - you are one lucky mama. I know you will succeed in quitting cigarettes...we are all here to support you.

Susan - good luck with the courts... maybe now someone will take you seriously about having supervised visitation...or better yet, Mike will realize he is in over his head and just back off...looks like all his big plans are backfiring.

Jane - I am on the Zone for the summer, just because I was tired of journalling and keeping track of points/calories. I get bored, or something in my life changes, so I change my food plans around accordingly. The Zone keeps every meal and snack balanced, so there's no keeping track. Their site explains it all better www.zoneperfect.com. go to getting started area. Personally, I like the zone in the summer because there's a wide variety of produce and I go thru alot of it on the Zone. I don't like their recipes too much, I usually stick to some kind of no-frills lean protein.

Concrete work on the foundation begins tomorrow. I have been busy with VBS all week. So my house has absolutely fallen to pieces, lol! And what am I doing? messing around on the internet..found a great new online knitting magazine called Knitty ( www.knitty.com) lots of great patterns. Need to knit up what I already have...too many ideas and not enough time ...sigh...better get back to work....

Hi to anyone I neglected to mention today..hope you are all having great days...

Marti
06-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Hello once again!!

Dee--Glad that you had a great time in Magic Mountain! Sorry to hear that the trucking isn't working as well as you would have liked. Keeping fingers crossed that you find that perfect job! Feel free to come here and whine all you want. We all need to sometimes!

Katy--How are you loving this weather?! It starts out really cloudy in the mornings (at least down here) and then it gets up to the 80's!! Perfect outdoor weather. I think it's great how you change around your routine for what works for you rather than just give up...which is what I would do....Keeping track of everything by journalling is good, but just to get started. It can get old. But if you get used to what you're doing it doesn't seem necessary anymore. (for me at least)

Well, I decided to do some of the yoga positions that James has shown me. Works out the legs a great deal. Tomorrow I just may be hobbling around! :lol: But it's worth it. I hate how my thighs are looking. Really flabby.

I also went to Walmart and bought myself a lunch bag. They call it the munch bag. I wanted to bring my lunches to work again instead of going out and eating.....been eating at the "NO-NO" places!! And it has to stop! So I've got out and bought my bag and I'm filling it w/healthier foods! :) Quite pleased w/myself! :smug:

Ok.....must pack lunch and make sure my makeup looks good :dizzy:

then it's:

"Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's of to work I go! (insert some whistling!!)" :lol:

Mom2Gaby
06-23-2005, 08:49 PM
If you were a Dwarf what dwarf would you be????
( and you thought I would ask what kind of tree would you be! ha- I would be a willow tree - lol)

I think I would want to be Happy.

I am filling out my parent enforcement motion right now. It is mute basically but Cute Lawyer (if you squint your eyes) said to do it. He is trying to save me money, the filing fee cost $114. Cute Lawyer says to pay the filing fee before him.....awwwww.

I am 151, Dee.....how tall are you?? I could never be 130. I hope to be 150 - lol....best to you!

Hi Katy!!! Beautiful weather, huh???

You're brave with your squats Marti :)

Ma Jane....I had 1 oz of wadder , 20 oz of coffee and a saugage patty biscuit, a handful of peanuts and ,,,,,,,,I guess that is it. I need some veggies and protein for dinner.

best get!!

da fat n da furious
06-24-2005, 01:57 AM
Good evening everyone,

Marti, would chewing the gum help with stopping smoking? I have been in the make a bear store ,,,love it!

Cristi, went with Tanner for a hair cut today and was so tempted to get a cut but she wouldn't...lol she knows I want me hair long. Tanner is all hop,,,hes got some Emu cut style...didn't know what he ment. Anyways its cut all jagged with long bangs...ok it looks cute with the pink hair.

Jane,,,can you come over and move my furniture around? Just told Brandon that I need some painting done,,,and hes the one to help me. We have a load of gravel coming too,,and hes the one to help me there too,,,he knows that.
Will be seeing the gyno next Thursday. Fingers crossed that she goes for the surgery.

Dee,,,bummer about the guys in the house...did you like the job itself? I get to go to magic mountain this summer! Indiana Jones ride here I come!

Terri,,,I find most of my family isn't as supportive as friends...thats why I don't spend as much time around family.

Went and took Skittles to the vet this morning,,,was so not happy! Her not me...lol
cleaned the house a bit,,,and have started the laundry,,,water ban is off,,,except for watering lawns and washing cars. I only have 7-8 loads to do...*sigh

Finished reading Deep Freeze but Lisa Jackson,,,kinda scary. And now am into Just Imagine by Jane Elizabeth Phillips...

I got all my water in today! That doesn't happen often enough but I did get in more then 8 glasses...my eating wasn't as clean. Had an oatmeal bar for breakfast...full of sugar. Other then hobbling around from room to room haven't gotten any exercise in.
Just got an email from someone I knew in my home town,,,haven't talked with her in over 20 yrs...
anyways better get to bed,,,night all

Jane
06-24-2005, 09:46 AM
TGIF, ladies, :D

Cristi - why is your basement so cold? At least you don't get overheated when you exercise, lol. Happy staining today! I like being able to pull my hair back, but I'm having a bit of trouble with it wanting to bush out a little too much. I think it's due to the humidity, and the fact that my hair is coarser now that the natural color is gray. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to get a new do!

Marti - yeah for the exercise! You know, if housework is done the right way, a person really can get a workout, lol. Some of the hard-core fitness buffs would argue that point, though, lol. Good for you taking your lunch to work with you. :cp:

Katy - my girls have been busy with VBS all week, too, and will be glad to see it end. Katie's last day was yesterday, since she's out of town, but then there's a special program with all the kids at church this Sunday, and they'll be shepherding the kids during that. I can hardly wait to see how the twins do during the program. I'm not really familiar with the Zone diet. Sounds healthy enough, though.

Susan, Susan, Susan - what am I going to do with you??? ONE oz of water??? I bet you meant 1 gallon, lol. ;) Glad the lawyer is giving you a break. You sure deserve one.

Angie - I'll be right there to help move the furniture, lol. I'll be getting my hair trimmed and touched up Thursday while you're seeing the gyno. If it ain't one end, it's the other, lol.

Dee - sorry the job isn't working out. Do you have some other job in mind, or lined up?

We got Katie and her buddy to the train station, which takes 2 hours to get there, and the train was on time at 4:57 AM. Then we had the 2 hour drive back. So I hardly got any sleep at all, and need to take care of some things before I can grab a nap.

I did the Gazelle yesterday, while watching TV, so the time passed fast. I've adopted the attitude of "Just shut up and do it" when it comes to exercise, and I know from past experience that once my body is used to it again, I'll feel sluggish if I don't get it in.

Have a good day, and I'll try to check in later.... :cool:

Marti
06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Hello ladies--

Susan--Glad that the lawyer is working w/you this time. Mike really messed up this time didn't he? Good job on his part! :lol: Better drink more than just an oz of water miss Susan!

Angie--Crazy thing about gum, I chew it right after I smoke.....to get rid of the bad smell. So I don't know if it would help me or make me want to smoke. I have people at work who are supportive and will keep me on track. And James quitting too will help.

Jane--That is the exact same thoughts I had about exercise. It gives me energy and if I don't do it....I feel sluggish. This weather really helps the motivation I think. Sun always make me happy! :D (unless I'm melting! :lol: )

Ok....Need to wash up...I feel grimey! But I need to get some exercises in first...

talk to you a bit later

Neets
06-24-2005, 04:40 PM
FINALLY FRIDAY WHOOOOO HOOOOOOO

Today has been slooooowwwwww at the old salt mines. Kinda nice, cause I can catch up on filing etc. It's stinkin hot here today. Temps close to 102 degrees again. WHEW! I love it though.

Got all my water in today. I finished my MEGA JUG and am starting on number two. I start the diet on Monday and I am really looking forward to it. I can hardly wait to fit into all my old clothes. Leather coat HERE I COME!

This weekend is my company BBQ at the bosses house. Should be fun.

Well must run.

TTFN
Have a great weekend everyone!

Anita

FrouFrou
06-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Hi ladies~

Jane~as far as I know all basements are that way. Guess because they are in the ground and surrounded by concrete-keeps the heat out. Know what ya mean about the humidity and hair! The humidity has always done a number on my hair but I have noticed the last few years it is worse if I just let it dry naturally. It's kind of got a wave to it and curls in spots.

Marti~I'll let ya know if I try the gum, haven't seen it anywhere. I do enjoy a cup of tea but usually when the weather is cooler, otherwise it is iced tea.

Susan~how nice of the almost good looking lawyer to give you a break. You deserve it!

Dee~well, what ever you do about the job I hope it all works out for you the way you want it to. It's hard to work nights, sleep days and run a house for sure. Glad you, Pam & DS enjoyed Magic Mountain.

Anita~enjoy the BBQ at the boss's this weekend!

Angie~would love to see a pic of Tanners pink hair and his new haircut. Glad she wouldn't cut yours, you would have regretted it. But then I usually do things on the spur of the moment and think later that I shouldn't have but oh well. It's just hair and it will grow back.

Guess that's about all I have. Not much going on, same old, same old...staining, laundry, cleaning house, cleaning house, laundry, staining...actually I almost finished the deck. Didn't realize I was out as long as I was and I was sweaty! With the wind blowing like it was the temp wasn't so bad (92). Decided to take a break and jump in the shower though. Will finish it up this evening when there is some shade back there. Didn't get to it last night, just didn't feel like doing it. I figure that is my exercise for the day, getting up and down on that ladder was enough for me. :lol: Thought the wind was going to blow me off of it. Anyway, eating has been good today and almost got my water down for the day. I know I am not doing the best that I can but I am doing something so...

Have a good weekend every one, take care! :wave:

Ddfaire
06-26-2005, 03:05 AM
Well, Here I am again...I kicked the boys in the butt and am biting the bullet and staying with the fuel transport. I made it through probation and get my uniforms this weekend - yippeeee, no more ruining my own clothes.

I am 5'4" tall....and was 130 about a year ago, it just seems that when things start going sour, my figure goes with...lol. But all is looking up I guess, just being a fussy girl :(

Thanks Ladies for putting up with my whiny day.

Keep Smiling and have a great day!!

Marti
06-26-2005, 04:42 AM
Wow...
Quiet Saturday was it??

Dee--Good for you for kicking some butt at home and staying w/the job. If you like it then it's good, but if you don't like it, maybe later you can find something new. As for the weight gain... I was at 133 only a couple years ago....now I'm trying to just get to the 130's, or just tone up. I'm deteremined to at least be at 140 by the end of the year!

Cristi--Getting water down is hard for me on some days and not a problem other days. I know I need to drink more of it! I've stopped grabbing coffee at work and the soda's are "outta here" and now I've started bringing my water bottle. I need to discipline myself better.

Anita--102?! OMG! That would just kill me. I would melt away. Being an Oregonian who see's rain majority of the time, those temps are frightening! Hope you had fun at the BBQ!

Hello to everyone else and I hope you're having a great weekend.

Spent the day w/James. In a couple hours he's been up for 24hrs!! Insane...trying to talk him into going to bed. He took a personal day off, so we'll have the whole weekend together.

Did some healthy food shopping and BBQ'd some chicken today. Very nice! Tomorrow,,,I'm going to check out some garage sales! :D

I'm tired so I think I'll drag my honey to bed. Hopefully he won't have a tantrum! :lol:

Night girls!

Jane
06-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Hia ladies...

Just a quick note to say hello. It's 98 degrees here, with a heat index way over 100, and I have a summer cold, which doensn't help matters. Katie got home from Chicago safe and sound, and the twins had their VBS program today. Other than that... same old stuff.

I'll check back tomorrow when/if I feel better. Have a good day.

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Good Morning -

Will Rocky and I agreed to "just be friends". He is unwilling to move here and I will not leave my children.

Told him I am not going to hinge my future on an 11 year wanting to move to Oregon. He went further though and said he had 10 years til retirement,......blah,blah.

So, just say you ain't going to move???? Why string it on. I said,,,,,,"fine, I will have the guts to say it isn't going to go anywhere,,,,lets cut our loss now."

Why even visit?? Just to prolong it?? Just to get a romp in the sack?? WhatEVER.....like I need that right now ( ok,,,,,,,ummm.........lol)

Anyway, I am thinking about going part time housing authority job. I have a chance to transfer a mile from the girls and I think I will go for it. If I get closer to the girls anything is possible....we can worry about money later on. I can always get another part time job.......

I already talked with my boss about working part time with him and part time at the new place but he said "I dont' want to share you , I want you all to myself."........*sigh,,,,,he is so romantic......lol

No, I meant 1 0z, it was just a gulp......151 this morning.

Better get!

Jane
06-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Good morning, ladies...

Holy cow, it's the last week of June... where'd the month go????

Susan - aww, sweetie. :grouphug: There's a big ol' hug for you, hon. It's sad that things couldn't be worked out with Rocky, but I guess the break up is for the best, given your circumstances. Look on the bright side - you'll never have to deal with Nana! Moving closer to your DDs would be a good thing for all of you and I hope you do take the transfer. What do all the girls think about that, or have you even mentioned it yet? I bet they'd be elated!

Marti - did you find anything good at the garage sales? Glad you and James had a good weekend, and I hope he got caught up on his sleep.

Dee - yay for you standing up for yourself if that what you want. Also, yay for uniforms, lol.

Cristi - yep, you're so right: when I let my hair dry on it's own, it's bushier. But it's so much shinier than when I blow dry it. I've got some shine-in-a-bottle stuff I can use, though. I'm loving the For Brunettes Only line. My Katie uses the stuff for blondes and she just loves it, too. It smells devine.

Anita - good luck with starting your new lifestyle today. You can do it! You could hang the coat in a place where you'll see it everyday, and that will help you stay OP.

My cold is better, but I'm still not up to par. I still managed to do my 30 minutes on the gazelle this morning during HGTV's Tipical Mary Ellen show at 7 AM. Made the time go by lots faster!

Need to clean this dusty house today, and get the laundry done, too.

What're you going to be doing today?? Whatever it is, I hope you have a good one!!

FrouFrou
06-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Hello and Happy Monday Ladies!

Wish I was in a happy mood though...TOM is here and late and HORRIBLE! Maybe I will go back to the doc and take her up on the bc pills. The cramping is horrible but I am still going to aim for at least a 20 mn. walk on the treadmill. Not even going to attempt to walk outdoors-the temp is supposed to be 98 today and with this humidity-ICK! Worked up a sweat going up and down the deck stairs watering the back yard. I'm so glad that it is done, with the exception of the brick. I so enjoy just going back there any time of the day and swinging in the swing, really nice in the evening. Anyway, working on getting my water down. I like this jug. Just carry it around with me and I know once it's gone that's it. I should probably drink more but getting that down is good enough for me. Haven't weighed in a while so will make sure I do that Friday.

Marti~I am the same way with the water. Some days it is soooo good and I get a lot drank. Other days I am lucky if I get 1/4 of what I should be drinking. I have never been a water drinker, just don't like the taste. Hope James finally got some sleep.

Dee~I'm happy that you stuck with the job, especially if you like it. And new uniforms to boot!

Susan~well, I am very sorry to hear about you and Rocky. (((((HUGS))))) to you sweetie. I think working part-time and moving closer to the girls would be GREAT for all of you.

Jane~my hair is more shiny when I blow dry it, and definitely looks better blow dried! I just don't do it all the time, especially if I am not going anywhere. I try to give it a break from using the dryer and curling iron when possible. I don't think I know what that shiny stuff is you are talking about. DD uses a shampoo and conditioner for brunettes that makes her hair shiny-I should try the one for blondes but I like my sunflower shampoo from Back to Basics-it smells soooo good! Glad you are feeling better-summer colds are the worst!

Hi and WELCOME Lisa!! Hope you make it over to the Chit Chat thread. Look forward to getting to know you.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

I am kind of lost as to what to do with my days now that the staining is officially done! Finished the deck and lattice Sunday and I must say I like the way it turned out. We will put a second coat on the outside of the fence but I think I will wait for cooler weather. So today in between cramping...I am doing laundry, straightening the house and some reading. Later on when V gets home he is going to throw some fertilizer on the front (did the back yesterday) because it is looking a little hungry. A few days of hot weather and it all goes to pot! Then later, about 6 we will BBQ some burgers. It is too hot to cook in the kitchen and I just hate being indoors when it is nice outside. At least in the evening there is shade over the patio. For now I must go walk on the treadmill before I talk myself out of it.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

Neets
06-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Hello Ladies,

Hope all is well with everyone. We had a really good time on Saturday afternoon. Joycelyn went swimming, and she was a little upset when I made her get out of the pool because all 6 of her teeth were chattering. (The pool wasn't heated) but she really did not care, and with the 100 degree temps it was really nice. Anyway, we had a really nice time.

Yesterday Joycelyn said Grandpa for the first time. My dad was OVER THE MOON!! She actually said it twice. Soooo cute.

My parents also brought over a big basket of freshly picked strawberries. Ontario Strawberries are truly the BEST. I just love them. So does Joycelyn as soon as she tried them she wanted more and more. Everytime she saw them she pointed and said "want that! Want THAT!" I let her have a few yesterday but told my MIL to hold off today in case she got the poops. LOL

Anyway I only have four days at work this week and then I am off until July 10th. YAY! During that time, I will probably not be logging in as the computer at home is truly terrible. Plus, I'll be far too busy playing with Joycelyn and stuff.

Well I started my new lifestyle this morning and so far so good. Although it is only the first 1/2 day. LOL.

I officially weighed in at 223 but TOM arrived this morning so I think that nuumber is a little off since I've been 220 for about 1 1/2 months. Oh well soon enough the numbers will be falling anyway.

JANE Hope you are feeling better soon.. Summer colds truly suck (actually blow---LOL) Sorry. Anyway, thanks for remembering about me starting the program today. I am keeping your mantra in mind. FAIL TO PLAN AND PLAN TO FAIL. So I am planning all meals. Every Bite. Good tip about the Coat. Little warm out to wear it these days but it will be cool soon enough. My mother reminded me yesterday that there was only 6 months left until Christmas. :rolleyes:

SUSAN Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you and Rocky. Big HUGS ((((((((SUSAN)))))))))

Hi to everyone else. Sorry I don't have time to do more personals.

:

Marti
06-27-2005, 05:36 PM
Hello ladies---

Short post today as I have to get to the dentist here in about half an hour.

Spent yesterday rearranging our room! Our furniture in there is extremely heavy!! Talk about using your muscles! But I like how it looks. Seems to make the room look larger.

James made some sushi and is back in the kitchen today making some more! Good stuff.

I'll do individuals next time!

Mom2Gaby
06-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Geez Ma Jane I was weepy all day til I read about not having to deal with Nana!!

I guess that is a good thing. I have been weepy and long faced since yesterday but no tears. Like you said it is for the best. He does burn my butt when I think he refused to make any changes......what a wuss. I don't care how sweet he is/was he has no spine!!

No, I am not bitter! lol

Anyway, the part time job hasn't been posted yet. Waiting, waiting, waiting.....

Though I think I will almost have to get another part time job , I already faxed my resume in for this residental property management postion. It would be Sat to Tuesday - 10 tp 4......and the other one is Mon to Fri 5 t0 9 pm. It really isn't that bad because as much as I love my children I can't spend a whole day with them anyway.....lol. It also gives me $100/$200 more a month, along with $100 for each lease you sign.

Of course I have to get the job first.....lol.......

I will give you an assignment since your staining days are over Critsti. My co worker asked me what we can do to spice up our Gold Room. It is a very ugly room with 3 big round tables, 2 computers,5 upright chairs , a tv and a piano........it is painted this icky yellow ( it is suppose to be gold) half way up the wall.

Anyway, she wanted some ideas to make it cozier......any thought??

k- that'll keep Cristi busy for awhile.....lol. btw- where is Ellen????

oh- Mike was served on Saturday with my restraining order! yay.....

auntlisa02
06-27-2005, 10:40 PM
I finally made it here. Thanks, Cristi, for inviting me. I am very new at this & don't know where to begin. This month has been extremely stressful & my weight is showing that! :mad: I finally feel like I will have the support & understanding to get this under control. Thanks in advance, ladies!

Mom2Gaby
06-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Welcome auntlisa :)

Now I am sad. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It was easier to just call him a wuss.........but he isn't. I could have dealt with nana, she didn't scare me. I miss him tonight, it feels like my heart has been torn in two..........

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

da fat n da furious
06-28-2005, 01:40 AM
Oh Susan, Im sorry your feeling sad...and missing him. I wish things could of worked out for both of you.

Jane, glad to know your feeling a bit better...as for the shiny stuff for the hair I use it when I straighten my hair.

Cristi,,,I was told that doing some light exercise does help with cramps. Walking would be perfect...
Go get the BC I was on some for about 2 yrs ,,,unforunately I couldn't stay on them cause the hormone part almost made me wacky. I go Thursday for my Dr. visit....hoping for good news

Hello AuntLisa, and welcome to our very supportive group.

Anita,,,you will do awesome cause you want this....you are worth the weightloss!

Marti,,,sushi? He makes sushi...Im a chicken...I only buy the stuff, and since watching some documentary I don't think I will be doing that again,,,unless I have a thermometor,,,

Hope Im not missing anyone,,,if I did sorry...Hello!

we had our party,,,and it was fun except for the downpour. We had huge garage tents up and was able to a portal firepit in it,,,nice and toasty. Food was good, and I did well, only ate a burger and a small scoop of mac salad. Was great seeing all my family,,hadn't seen an uncle in 15 yrs...
Brandon was freaked about all the people,,,but did well with visiting with everyone then off he went with his friends, camping,,,yes in the yucky rain. They played poker in the tent.

I applied for a temp job at work,,,in reception. Only for the month of July noon to 5 each day plus extra hours in the morning with my old job. More $$ for our holiday.

anyways should try to get to bed early...night all

FrouFrou
06-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Good morning ladies~

Lisa~glad to see you made it here! Feel free to post away, ask questions, fill us in on you, etc...you'll get the hang of it soon enough,and again WELCOME!

Susan~aaaahhhhh, (((((HUGS))))) to you. I can only imagine the hurt you are feeling. As far as the room goes...I have no clue! LOL Except paint it a different color and now! What about a nice blue-supposed to be a relaxing color, or even a shade of green. Seems green is in-sage is nice. Does the room have windows? Adding some nice curtains or valances can make a big difference also. She could go to HGTV.com and get all kinds of ideas.

Marti~hope the visit to the dentist wasn't too bad. I've never tried sushi and don't plan on it. I've heard it is really good but something about raw fish doesn't appeal to me. Wish I could rearrange my bedroom...there is only one wall the bed is good on so it is stuck where it is, as with the dresser. The same with the living room. :(

Angie~glad the party was fun & nice, well, except for the rain. Can you send some of that rain our way. Supposed to be up to 100 today and tomorrow-ICK! Told DH let's move to Seattle-he's game. Actually, he really is if he could find a job there-he said he's ready to leave KS. Shouldn't put ideas in his head-I'm not ready to move! I think I am going to take the doc up on the bc-if it means a lighter TOM and no cramping like I have some months, it will be well worth it.

Anita~yay for a four day week! Also, for day one of your new lifestyle. I know you will do good with it. Strawberries sound so good! :T I like the sweet ones. We had some watermelon last night-wasn't so good. It was juicy, but not sweet at all. Of course last week I was lucky with the seedless one I bought-it was both sweet and juicy, could just eat that for a meal.

Terri~hope all is well with you.

Ellen~been thinking about you also and hoping things are well with you.

Katy~did you guys get the foundation poured?

Jane~hoping you are feeling better.

Again, nothing on the agenda for today, nothing special that is. Changing the sheets on my bed, going to vacuum again (made a mess tracking in grass from watering the lawn), get a load of laundry done, and clean the ceiling fans. Going to get some exercise done also. Actually already got some in, if you count running back and forth moving the sprinklers-work up a sweat doing that. I think I will get a pedometer tomorrow while at Wal-Mart and just see how many steps I take in a day. If I can just get in those 10,000 steps a day I will be fine. But I like doing the weights and the bike for a little bit also. Since I have nothing planned for the day that is what I am going to do. Going to work on my water also. Didn't get the whole bottle down yesterday. Got almost 3/4 of it and just couldn't drink anymore. But did get some iced tea down, a couple of glasses-does that count?!

Take care ladies and have a great day! :sunny:

Marti
06-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Good Afternoon ladies--

Susan--I'm so sorry that you're hurting! I'm sending hugs to you also!!!
Getting a job closer to your girls would be great! I bet your girls would love having you closer.

Jane--Glad you're feeling better. Summer colds are not fun. We ended up not going to any garage sales. We spent so much time going through some boxes and rearranging things. And the only reason we did that was because we were looking for something.....something which I forget what it was! :lol:

Cristi--When I first tried shushi, I refused to eat it w/raw fish. James doesn't make it w/raw fish most of the time. He makes it w/imitation crab or real crab if we have it. The other day he made it w/cooked salmon. Yesterday while I was at work he made more w/tuna.

Anita--Hurray for the four day week!! And then getting some time off to spend w/your little one and hubby. I'm looking forward to hearing how much weight your losing each week!! Keep us posted!

Angie--You should really try making the sushi yourself if you like it! It makes a lot and then you can take some to work for lunch the next day! I don't make it personally, haven't even tried. So nice that James likes to make it!

Well, my arms are very sore today after spending Sunday afternoon arranging and rearranging our bedroom and going through boxes! It was a work out that's for sure.

Talked to a girl at work last night who is going to look into curves. I asked her why she doesn't just get a membership at work......she does! :lol: Silly lady!

I finally weighed myself over the weekend. I wasn't going to since I'm smack right in the middle of TOM, but I did anyway.....I'm back up to 145. I was happy to see that! I thought it would be higher. Need to keep it in the 140's....

I'm off to do some yoga or maybe the gazelle.......

Chat w/you all later!

OMG!! I forgot to welcome AuntLisa!!!

Welcome Auntlisa! :wave: So glad you are here!! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Mom2Gaby
06-28-2005, 09:23 PM
I like your little picture thing Cristi - when did you change it?? They kind of want to keep the gold theme going Cristi. What other gold could they have and change the walls??? hmmmmm......I hate the big round table, looks like something out of the 70's. I would just get rid of the 3 and have one big one for meetings.

Totally hate sushi....who was talking about that??? ick,ick,,,,,lets talk pickled beets! lol

I would LOVE 145 Marti. I almost gasped when I saw 150 on the scale.....soooooooooo close to 149......ugh.

So, I applied for the part time position. It gives me the 3 bedroom townhouse, which I would love. The girls really don't seem to care one way or another but maybe in time???

I have no guts.............through my tears I called Rocky. Yeeesssss, I am weak,,,,,,I love the wuss........*sigh. I felt betther the minute I heard his voice and we chatted. He said " I waited 11 years for you , I can wait longer."

Years?????? Geez, Lousie........I knew he had patience, I knew he was laid back......lol. He will be here in a few weeks,,,,,,,maybe we will just get married and live in 2 different states,,,,what the heck....at least I will have a husband.....lmao.....

anywho......exhausted. It ain't easy being me........

btw- where is Mindee??????

da fat n da furious
06-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Ah Susan, that is so sweet of him....

Marti seriously can you come and help with my house? Maybe we can convince Cristi's V to come and paint...ahh wouldn't life be great if we could do that?

Cristi, I used to make ice tea from green tea and then throw in a chopped up lemon...yum! Haven't done that in a long time. And I could say that the water can be counted.

Still raining here,,,flooding continues,,,people will probably have to be evacuated again...so much damage.
Had to cancel my cast Dr. appointment for tomorrow since I have to be trained for the new job. I can't get into see him till July 20th...grrrr But Im still on for the other dr.
Im reading Nosy Neighbour by Fern Micheals.
I ate so clean yesterday I was even impressed. Now today I have kinda slipped...

Brandon's last day of school was today,,,Tanners is tomorrow...
My friend Shawna found a woman she does this fitness thing with who own's a PI business and shes looking for an office manager...not full time,,,infact its from my own home if I wanted.... *sigh I was kinda hoping to leave the business, told her I would talk with her and see exactly what she wants.
Meanwhile I have this business plan that Ive had running loops in my brain for some time. Need to get it down on paper....

well Im going to go watch Bring it On...love cheerleading shows...lol

tlprocks
06-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Hello Everyone!!!

Remember me? lol.. I have been soo busy and hot! it was43 celcius here the last couple of days.. that is 109.4 fahrenheit... i thought i was going to melt seriously... yuck... It is nice today though.. only 17 celcius right now... perfect!!! Nolan is in soccer and now he is in bible school and with the pool and everything i fell like i havent had time to do anything... aww well i am not bored lol..

Angie: Ya Nolans last day of school is today.. I am happy i dont have to make anymore lunches and get up early to put him on the bus... but i think i am going to go a little nuts here with the 2 kids! I love them but i can handle them well.

Cristi: lol i am here... It has been too hot to do much excercise here.. i have just been trying not to move much.

Marti: I would like to move to town to join curves.. a lot of people i know go there and they love it. I think we decided to keep this property and then save up for a down payment for a house in town... so that will probably be next spring.

Jane: Hope your cold is getting better.. summer colds are rotten

Anita: Hope you are doing well with your new program!

WEll i have to cut this short.. i have to go make lunch for my munchkin.... TTYL xxoo

tommysgirl18
06-29-2005, 03:12 PM
hey ladies.....just checking in!

things are going great here. we still don't know the gender of this baby. so it is looking more and more like it will be a surprise baby! brandon is doing great. he now has 9 teeth and he is working on getting his three other molars in.

we are hoping to be into the apartment in July, which is when we will be able to get back up and running with the internet and be able to check our email more often.

that about covers it. I think about you ladies every day!!!

oh yeah.....Brandon knows how to swim now and he LOVES it!

FrouFrou
06-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Good afternoon ladies!

Man is it a HOT one today! :hot: :hot: I can't take this heat! Decided to get up at 6 this morning when V left and get an early start on the day and watering the yard before I took off for my errands. Had to go to both Wal-Mart and Target. The funny thing...usually Wal-Mart is busier than Target but it was the other way around. Oh well, still got back at noon or a little after. And I don't plan on going out again today. Supposed to get up to 102-ICK & YIKES!

Angie~you know...if we lived close and you asked, V would do it for ya. He actually likes painting. Of course I do to but I let him do it. Speaking of which...LOL...I think we may paint our bedroom this weekend, finally! And instead of taupe or green I have decided to go with a blue. Send some of that rain our way, please!

Marti~still wouldn't like sushi, not much of a crab or salmon eater. I do like certain types of fish. The place where I go to tan is like a Curves-they named it It Figures. I talked to her once about joining when they had a special but what i don't like is exercising in a circle while others are watching. Probably wouldn't be so bad once I got to know some of the ladies and if I could go when no one is there. Shes added two treadmills, a stair stepper, an elliptical (sp?) and an exercise bike in the last few months so it would be well worth the money.

Susan~found the picture with the rest of 3fc avatars. Wanted something different, something cute, but kind of goofy and can never find what I want. It takes soooo long to look at clip-art/graphics. I thought this was cute though, for now. So she wants to stick with the gold? Hmmmm...how about hanging a disco ball/light in the middle of the room and go with the 70's feel! LOL I agree with having one big table, think that definitely would be better. What about adding a technique to the wall to spice up the gold? Like a venetian plaster technique. It's a lot of work but looks nice-not 70's though! Anyway...aaaahhhhh...I would have probably called too-breaking up is hard to do especially when you love the wuss! And it's not a matter of not having guts or being weak, it's called being in love. I am still holding out that something clicks and he says I can't take it! I am moving to OR! :crossed:

Terri~of course we remember you! LOL Was just wondering where the heck you were off to. But do know how busy the kids keep you. We are having some hot weather also but not 109-YIKES! I lived in the dessert in CA the last four years I was there and the highest it got there was 119. Didn't get that hot very often and it was a dry heat which makes a difference. The humidity here is what kills me. Of course we knew not to go out in it during the hottest time of day with the exception of a visit to the pool a few of times a week. Anyway, try to stay cool.

I am going to go get a walk in on the treadmill. I completely forgot to get a pedometer, darn it! I remembered when I got home. Must make note to self and get one tomorrow. I feel like I walked a lot today but probably just wishful thinking. You know Susan & Marti, I would love to be at either 145 or 150. My ultimate goal is 155 but I really feel that 160-165 is a better weight for me. I think I would look weird if I got any lower than that but we will see. Getting the water down today. Didn't do as well yesterday, just got 1/2 of it drank. WILL do better today.

Before I forget...wanted to let you guys know that I heard from Shanna yesterday. She surprised me with a little something. But I wanted to let you guys know that she graduated! :bravo: Shanna! And if you are lurking out there, CONGRATULATION'S!! Miss you around here.

Take care ladies and have a Happy Hump Day!

FrouFrou
06-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Hiya Mindee! Long time no hear. Glad you had the time to check in though, have been thinking about you and wondering how things are going. Do hope you guys get the apartment-nothing like having your own place. How fun is that, Brandon learning how to swim. And now you have me curious if you are having a boy or girl. Well, take care and check in when you can.

Marti
06-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Hello Hello!

Cristi--I'm the same when it comes to working out in a circle. That doesn't appeal to me. I like being able to workout on my own and just forget that there is anyone around me. This girl at work is a real outgoing talker, and I think it would be perfect for her!

Mindee--Post when you get the chance.

Terri--OMG!! That's HOT!!!!!! Thank goodness you have a pool! I'm not good w/heat. I used to ride around town a lot back in the day and a couple times I've passed out from heat exhaustion and I even had tons of water! I'm a weakling! :D

Angie--I'll help if you'll help! We did some rearranging in our house, but we didn't eliminate any clutter!! We seriously need to go through some of our boxes....I'm tired of it taking space we could use, plus, we don't need something that's stored in a box and never seen! Junk.....lots of Junk!

Susan--I would have done the same. Maybe after his visit you two can really talk in person about what to do. It'll give you some time to really connect. Over the telephone is just not the same.

Hello to everyone I missed!! Where you all at.

Well I'm feeling sluggish today. My tummy aches from TOM, which puts me in a icky mood. I need to clean up and head out early. Meeting up w/a friend from work to go shop for a wedding gift for another co-worker who just got married on Saturday.

So I better get going.

Talk to you all later!

Jane
06-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi ladies,

Just wanted to pop in for a few minutes to say hi. Katie has been using my computer for a project since it's so much faster than hers, and since I've had so much to do anyway, I haven't been online much. Too many posts to catch up with now, lol. :dizzy:

Temps here are right at 100, and the heat index is way over that!! Katie and Kayla are doing my housework now to earn some of the Chicago expense they had, lol. Tomorrow I go get my hair trimmed and colored, plus lots of shopping to do.

Be good and I'll see ya later. :cool:

RosieKate
06-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Hi all---
me so stoopid today...:( I gave blood yesterday, but then thought I was Wonderwoman or something today because I tried to go to step class this morning. After 10 minutes I thought I was going to pass out, and have been a little dizzy ever since. Did I think my body wasn't going to miss that pint? I can't believe how dumb I was..good thing I left before really passing out...not good aerobic etiquette, haha

Lotsa sushi haters 'round here, but I must confess I love it all....raw and everything. I never get to go out for it because of the expense and because DH can't stand it.

Still getting ready to pour concrete...what an interminable process. I manage it by hitting the gym and knitting...so far no stress eating, yay! The rough-in plumbing finally was set up today, so over the next few days we should be able to get the inspections we need and next week they pour.

Will try to get back for some individuals...sounds like everyone's dealing with some HOT weather...here not so much. The sun did come out todayand I guess it is supposed to reach 80-something.

da fat n da furious
06-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Ya know I think the gold room should get some wall paperboarder,,,that has gold and other colors,,,and then get some table covers (solid color) to match the other colors on the boarder...some pictures perhaps. Flower pots on each table or on the floor...perhaps some big plants? Geesh not like I have enough to do then to be thinking about decorating your room Susan...lol
kidding, I started trainging for that job and OMG I feel ovewhelmed...did I mention Im not a receptionist? But right now I am one....*sigh

Terri, we finally stopped raining early this morning,,,its nice and hot now..
And OMG the mosquitos are bad!! My new perfume is Woods off...

Cristi, what color of blue? I personally think you and I would have too much fun together if we lived close by.....
I do wish we were all closer ...

Well school is officially done in our household...
my cousin Tanyia is coming for the long weekend,,,and my house is total disaster. Brandon is going to be upset wtih me cause I would be on him like white on rice when he gets home,,,he has too much junk laying around and needs to clean his old room which is now our spare room.

I ate pretty healthy today,,,need to drink my water. Hard to drink water when there is so much rain...

Cristi, was thinking,,,why now start a business where you are a gopher for the business people...personally that is,,,picking up dry cleaning, groceries, paying bills...and charge them a certain about of $$ per hour? Cause I figure your already out there...why not get paid?

well Im off to try and finish my book...

Marti
06-30-2005, 07:33 AM
Good Morning Ladies---

Jane--Let us know how you like the hair once you get it done. Are you going for lighter as the woman suggested??

Katy--I felt like passing out just thinking of you! At least you were smart enough to get out before you did pass out. Give your poor body a rest. Can't wait to see photo's of your finished yard.....you will post photos won't you?

Angie--I wish we all lived closer too. But heck...we all need schedules to where we're not always on the go too! Susan & Katy live only 2hrs away and I have yet to meet them! Must do that sometime soon.

Well....I have to say that I had a "no-no" today for my lunch. I packed my lunch today and brought water, banana and a PBJ sandwich. But I also walked over to DQ and bought a milk shake. Was calling my name!!

Feel slightly guilty about it...but I think I'll get over it! :dizzy:

Need to work out in the morning. Need to go to bed, Still feeling blah, so maybe some sleep will do the trick.

G'night girls!

FrouFrou
06-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Good afternoon chickies :)

Not as hot today but still hot. Where is the rain? :rain: I'm looking and waiting for it. :mag: So much for the weather men-sometimes they are just too far off.

Angie~I thought about doing that before but decided I really don't care much for running around and shopping for myself much less for someone else. Really need to find somewhere else to buy groceries as I am getting to where I hate going to Wal-Mart. Like your ideas for the gold room-pretty it up. Can't remember the exact name of the blue, but it is kind of a med. blue and we are going to do the stripes-I love the way that looks. Forgot to say WTG to you yesterday for your day of clean eating! :bravo:

Marti~yeah, the ladies that I have seen go there are pretty outgoing. I just feel so self-conscious about people watching me exercise I'm not sure I could do it. Now if everything was in a line and I could hide in the back that would be fine! LOL Don't feel guilty for having one shake-you didn't go overboard and I think it is okay to treat yourself once in a while.

Katy~that must have been a little scary. I've never given blood because I am such a big chicken when it comes to needles. The one time I got up enough nerve to do it they wouldn't let me because it was a few weeks after I had had surgery and something about the meds I had taken still being in my system. Glad you didn't pass out though. Hope you went home and got something to eat and drink and sat down for a while.

Well, I did manage to get ALL my water down yesterday! :cheer: And am working on it now also. Not so great eating day and got sidetracked with other things and didn't get my walk in either. Going to try and get one in later this evening. I have got to get a pedometer tomorrow while I am out and about. I am so curious to see how many steps I get in in a day. It seems like a lot going up and down those deck stairs and going in and out the front door moving the sprinklers. I'm making a note right now so I don't forget. Anyway, need to get going. As I was leaving this morning my new comforter & quilt came so need to get that on the bed and the valances up to surprise V when he gets home. I went with blue but it has the mauve, burgundy, pink and green colors in it that I like with some white in it also. Think it will look nice once the room is painted. Also, need to get a couple loads of laundry done and make a run to Hallmark to get some cards. My Aunt and Uncle are having their 40th wedding anniversary this weekend-WOW! Wouldn't that be nice to be married that long-to the same person of course. Anyway, gotta run.

Take care and have a happy Thursday!

Marti
06-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Hello ladies--

Cristi--We don't have a Superstore Walmart here...but they're trying to expand the one in Eugene.....still would be too far to drive for groceries. But I like the idea!
WTG!!! on getting the water down! I've been trying. I'm not doing so well w/that. But today is another day. If only we could have water while we worked at the computers at work....but that would just be nasty!

Not much on my agenda for today, just laundry catch up! Got a load going right now.

I'm feeling really tired lately and I've been sleeping pretty good. Whats up!?

Better get moving!

Chat w/you all later!

Mom2Gaby
06-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Just saying hi...

I made 147! yay.......I was broke all week so no money to eat.....lol

Have an interview for Tuesday with the residential property management company!

I still need to get the other part time 3 bedroom townhouse......that position closes on Tuesday, so - cross fingers- I will get an interview next week on that too......it all has to come together somehow :)

Rocky comes on the 24th!! He will be here for the court trial- so that is cool.

better get!!

da fat n da furious
07-01-2005, 02:25 AM
Good evening ladies,

Cristi, I ahve been thinking that I would like to start a business of being the gopher, for all them busy rich people who need that extra person to get all those small things.
I know that when I worked full time and had both boys running in different directions I had to drop a few things and schedule around other things,,,then had to pay penalties for late stuff...Would of paid someone to go grocery shopping for me,,,and brought it home and put it all away...

Susan, got my fingers crossed. yay for Rocky coming for a visit.

Had my Dr. appointment and she agrees I need a hysteroctomy. Don't know when though , have to do the ultrasound thing in 2 weeks....

anyways better run night all

Jane
07-01-2005, 10:54 AM
:wizard:It's July!! :wizard:

Angie - there is such a business around here, and they call themselves Personal Assistants. They even do Christmas shopping for people, lol. I think it would be a great thing to do, and even thought about it myself back in the days when I was thinking about working again. People will pay top dollar for such a service. Go for it!! Let us know when you know more about your surgery. They do so many surgeries on an outpatient basis nowdays - is yours one they can do like that? Seems like you would need a few days in the hospital, but you know how fast they ship the patients home. I'd rather be home anyway, if it was me. Btw, your party sounds like it was lots of fun! Always good to see family, and I'm glad Brandon had a great time. Yay for good eating, btw. :cp:

Cristi - your new comforter sounds really pretty. Did you get some rain yesterday after all? We had a doozy of a storm with high winds and lots of thunder and lightening. Didn't produce much rain, though, and we need more for the melons. Yay for you getting all your water down! I know what a struggle that is for you. :bravo:

Marti - yay for the good weigh-in. :cp: And a milk shake once in awhile can lift your spirits! Well, my stylist went a bit lighter with my roots last time, and neither one of us really liked it, so she darkened my new roots and the old ones back to where they should be. And I had only a little trim, since I like my hair to be long enough to pull back off my nexk in this gawd-awful heat. So you're tired and not sleeping well? Are you pregnant?? Oh wait... I think you mentioned TOM??

Susan - aww, I'm sooooooo glad you and Rocky are working it out!! :yes: The 24th will be here before you know it! I'm glad you're back to 147, but starvation is not the right way to go about it, sweetie. :nono: I know how it is, though. There're've been times in my life too, ages ago, that I was really hungry because I had no money for food.

Terri - glad you're getting settled into a new summer routine. Have fun with the kids!

Mindee - as soon as you get a new apartment, send me the address, ok? Hope you're keeping cool and feeling well, hon.

Katy - I love how you're channeling stress to knitting and working out. I know this is the year you're going to make goal!! I'm just glad you didn't pass out in the gym, and btw, you're hardly stoopid!! You're one of the brightest gals I know, toots.

Lisa - yep, you can get lots of weight loss support here. Just pop back in and share your day with us.

Now that I feel all better, I've been working on getting my July 4th party menu underway. We're having a cookout, and since Mary and Gina both have so much going on, I told them I't take care of it. Neal always lights a big bunch of fireworks after dark, and we all have a great time.

I'm doing well with the food and water, but was given a solid wood TV armoire for the living room, and I had to rearrange the living room to use it. Long story short -I had to take down the gazelle. You'd think I must have a place somewhere to put it, but I honestly don't. On to plan B, I guess. Curves would be right up my alley, because I'm very outgoing and love to visit and chat with others - a circle would be great for me - but I found out that the one in town closed down. Also heard that their exercises are horrible on knees? I'd rather have something I can do at home, anyway. I think I'm going to find out what exercise shows are on TV in the AM.

Have a good day, and I'll see you later! :cool:

FrouFrou
07-01-2005, 03:33 PM
HAPPY CANADA DAY !
to our Canadian Jaded Ladies

Jane~we didn't get any rain yesterday even though I prayed for it! We did however get a thunderstorm early this morning that woke me up. We too were really needing some rain, you should see everyones lawns around here. Ours hasn't done so bad but then I have been home making sure of that-hate to see our water bill! :yikes: The water is a struggle with me and I think always will be. But I figure if I can get 1/2 of it down and then drink two big glasses of iced tea that is good for me. It's more than I have ever drank so some is better than none I guess. And I don't mind the visiting & chatting with the ladies at a place like curves-I just don't want to exercise in front of them! LOL

Marti~I have been carrying the jug around with me and while I am cooking rather than drink a diet coke I have been reaching for the water. The advantage to that is that it fills me up and I eat less. And you are right-Today is another day! Sorry, you are feeling so tired. I would say maybe it's the heat because that is what this heat is doing to me but you guys aren't having the icky hot weather we are.

Angie~that would be a good job to do because I know they have a few people that do that around here, especially during the holidays. There was a lady who was on the news last year and I have seen ads in the paper. They also have a couple of ladies who fix meals for people who are too busy to cook after a long day at work to freeze and pop in the oven or microwave. They work with you on the menu you want. I've heard that one is a bit expensive though. But wouldn't it be nice to have someone else do your shopping, cooking and cleaning for ya? I know I would love it!

Susan~WTG on making it to 147! :bravo: I have to agree with Jane though it is not the best way to get there but sometimes we can't help it. I know it has worked for me in the past and I did keep the weight off until I got married. What is up with that? Working on getting it off again though and keeping it off-no excuses! I am keeping my fingers :crossed: and sending good vibes :goodvibes: your way in the hopes you get the interview and the job! :lucky: Glad that Rocky is coming to visit and as fast as these months are flying by, the 24th will be here before you know it! :love:

:sunny: Hello to everyone else! :sunny:

Had to run to Target this morning and get a couple of things which they didn't have. I needed two basic curtain rods to hang my curtains in the bedroom under the valance and they didn't have any. I have a decorative rod that they were on before and the scarf valance just went over them but that won't work with these valances. I put everything together yesterday and V was surprised when he went in there. He really likes the blue. Anywho...need to get a couple of loads of laundry done. When V gets home we are headed to Lowes to get the paint and curtain rods there I guess. And then head over to get some fireworks. DS-Josh, wants to do some. We haven't done any the last two years, just wasn't in to it. But thought we would this year. Just going to grill in the evening and then do and watch fireworks. During the day on the fourth neighbors in the area have decided to have a car/motorcycle show in one of the cul-de-sacs, then a parade with people decorating, their bikes, wagons or whatever, games for the kids and then a wiener roast at 1 at the pool. I thought it would be neat to go to it and meet the neighbors in the subdivision. Was thinking about taking pics too. That might be fun, different anyway. We'll see...

:flow1: Take care ladies and have a fantastic Friday! :flow1:

auntlisa02
07-01-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm finally free to share my day. For some reason, I'm extremely exhausted today. The air conditioning in my office is broken & it's 93 degrees in here. I'm so sleepy, I'm afraid I'll fall asleep & hit my head on my desk! It seems like I've been busy all week. There's always something going on after work so I never get to go right home. Tonight I'm watching my niece & nephew. Have no idea what to do with them. They're excited so I better come up with something cool. I suppose I better do some more work, I have less than 2 hours to go before the long weekend.

FrouFrou
07-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Was just going to edit my post but saw that Lisa had posted and had to say Hi.

HI LISA! Know how that gets sometimes even though at this time I am not working. Sometimes just working at/around the home is enough to keep me busy, busy, busy. Of course there are those times where I am bored to tears with nothing to do. Be careful if you do fall asleep and not bump your head! The heat makes me sleepy too. What are the ages of your niece and nephew? Depending on their age, they may just love to play board games and watch videos, maybe get a pizza-haven't met a kid yet that doesn't love pizza. I'm sure whatever you do with them they will enjoy it and just spending time with their Auntie Lisa. Anyway, hope you have a fun time with your niece and nephew and have a GREAT weekend!

So anyway, the reason I am back...I forgot to post my weight. Bummed a little to say I finally weighed in after a few weeks and am up 1.5 pounds. I did change my ticker thingy and even went back to ticker factory because they show the 1/2 pound. I'm also going to add another like I had before for a 10lb. mini goal but not set a time frame. I think that always gets me. Okay, so I'm off to do another weight tracker thingy. Have a good one ladies! :flow2:

Marti
07-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Hello ladies--

Quick post from me as I'm getting ready to leave for work. My early friday...and it's a THREE day weekend!!! Hurray!!

What are your plans for the 4th? I'm not sure what we're doing yet. Hoping to go to a parade in the next town, but other than that, not sure.

I'll post more later after work!

Have a great Friday!

Mom2Gaby
07-01-2005, 06:49 PM
I am doing a quick fly by too...........

Mike's ex just called (he was contesting her restraining order) and said he never showed up in court. He did call and left a message that he was unable to get a ride (he is 50 years old, I would have started walking a couple days ago,called a cab - done something.........but that is me.) so he was a no show.

I don't know what he was thinking because the judge upheld the restraining order and Mike won't see his one daughter for a year. Seems harsh, even for Mike ...............but oh hum.

I am going to Rockaway Marti! We leave tomorrow, come back Tuesday.

THANKS CRISTI for the cards!!! Made my morning :)

Some good news - I am cuaght up on my insurance policy and won't have to make a payment this month- saves me $78, I can use somewhere else........like food - lol.

Hi Lisa!

Hope CURVES works for you Jane, always hear good things about it.

Would LOVE to go to Target Cristi....I need to get a new shower curtain and a ric emaker before Rocky gets here. Can't believe he will be here for the July 26 court hearing!

k- blah- blah....out of here...............tons to do.

da fat n da furious
07-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Happy Canada Day!

Just a quick stop in,

Jane thats too bad Curves closed down,,,there is one in our neighbhourhood too but I can't see me shelling out the money and not going,,,have done it before so Im not wanting to do that again. I have a gazelle and a total gym...
so you don't have room in your house...what about outside?
Ive been thinking of putting our stuff outside on the deck. Would love to close off the deck. One for the extra room and another to stop the mosquitoes from invading out home. I have some bites in places I shouldn't have.

Susan, we all agree Mike is a butt head....

Cristi, there is talk of a Lowes comign to Calgary soon, we have Canadian Tire and Home Depot being built dear by,,1/2 mile away.

Marti have a wonderful 3 day off!

Had to work today,,,my thought was,,,I paid for one Disneyland hopper pass with todays wages.
My cousin is coming for a visit and I have tons of cleaning to do...arghhh And we need food,,,*sigh I should hire someone to do all my stuff. I just find I can't get mobile with this cast on my foot, without regreting it later with a sore burning swollen foot.
Im reading Breathing Room right now from our favorite authoress,,,Im reading one book to 2 books a day almost.
I have to say I didn't eat as clean today,,,and had a cooler out on the deck with Monte...Im already sun tanned from being out there for a half hour.

My Dr. said she would raither I choose when I want this surgery and Ive decided Jan. And then I can be back at work first week or so of March. There is a strong possiblity of them cutting a 6 inch to 10 inch incision across my bikini line. Ill probably be in the hospital for a few days,,,

Im on my third large garbage bag of shredded paperwork,,,Monte signed a contract saying he would shred all his paper work after 4 yrs...I have about 20 more bags to go,,,grrrr
well I should get going,,,that laudnry won't do it self...
night all

FrouFrou
07-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Good morning ladies~

A quickie for me...gotta get to work as soon as V gets back with breakfast. He painted half the room last night and while he is taking the blinds down and taping around the windows and window seat I am taking the old border down. We have two walls to paint and then tomorrow we do the stripes. Went with a darker blue called Blue Skylights, has a grey tint to it and I like it. Originally I had a lighter more med. blue picked out called Lovebirds. How do they come up with the names of these paints?! LOL Anyway, busy day today.

Susan~apparently Mike didn't care otherwise he would have found a way. He's just digging hisself in deeper and making it look better for you so hooray! He's 50 years old and he needs to grow up and be responsible. Some people just don't want to though, I guess.

Marti~I mentioned in my last post what we are doing...know you ladies don't want me to repeat myself. LOL I tend to do that a lot. Hope you have a good weekend.

Angie~OMG! You reminded me that I NEED to do some shredding of my own. I have two small boxes of stuff we just haven't dealt with. Most of it is junk for credit card offers-crazy!

Okay, sorry for cutting this short, V is back and I really need to go. Had to come and say Hi.

Take care ladies and have a GREAT Saturday! See ya :wave:

Jane
07-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Whoa! Hop on over to Weight loss and Chit chat # 136! See you there. :)