Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-23-2005, 09:47 AM   #1  
prepare for the BEST time

Default Thursday Chat---Where is everybody?

Good Morning!

It's mighty quiet around here, I knew I should have baked something to draw a crowd......
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:19 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Bake a carrot cake w/cream cheese frosting please

Good Morning, I'm just so busy here as usual.
How's everyone today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:56 PM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

Ok, but it's fat-free version only.......actually iI brought a chocolte-peanut-butter pie to work today......I made 2 over the weekend, (gave one away to a friend), but because of the Meridia, I have no desire to eat it...I just had 2 little slivers in 5 days...so i brought it to the coffee bar area and it disappeared like magic.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang I am way too busy
been with my mom all morning for a check up with her doctor concerning her thyroid. She needed to increase her Armour Thyroid dosage a little in order to feel better and I needed to be there to talk him into it! all went well.
I hope everyone is well!
later gaters
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:56 PM   #5  
Oooo Silly Me!

OOOH CARROT CAKE AND CREAM CHEESE FROSTING *droooool*

OKie you got my attention

OOH, peanut butter is my weakness.

I think I’m gaining weight just reading all these posts!

Well Ladies… I don’t remember if I’ve mentioned this or not, but so far my classes are going good, and I don’t want to kill my Calculus teacher just yet Believe me that’s a good sign, especially after my previous instructor! There was something else I wanted to mention, but I can’t remember what it was. If I remember I’ll come back and post it

Take care everyone, I’ve got a calculus class to get ready for. Catch you all later!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:13 PM   #6  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everybody. I just love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. It's got all of your food groups in it. Vegetables, Dairy, Eggs and wheat flour. It's a perfect diet food. Right!?!?!?

I'm at work and pretty busy. I have 1 week and 1 day left before my summer break of 5 weeks. I am very looking forward to it.

I vacuumed the pool last night so I am going swimming tonight. I'm very excited since I've barely got to use my pool. The weather has been horrible so I've only gone swimming 2 times. Tonight will make #3. Chlorine here I come.

Well back to work.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:37 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Okie, I remember what I was going to say…

I figured out how to kinda calculate my metabolic rate. Altho my Diet Power Program says my Metabolic Rate is 3113. This website I found says differently. Here’s a quote from the weightloss for all website about Metabolic Rate:

Women:

10 - 17 years BMR = 13.4 x W + 692 SEE = 112
18 - 29 years BMR = 14.8 x W + 487 SEE = 120
30 - 59 years BMR = 8.3 x W + 846 SEE = 112

Key:
W = Body weight in Kilograms
SEE = Standard error of estimation

I don’t quite know what the SEE is for, I understand it’s a standard deviation, but not sure who to apply it. Maybe it’s plus or minus 120 calories for me since I’m gonna be 29 years old.

Anyway, calculating it this way, I get 2914 versus the 3113 that Diet Power tells me. So Metabolic Rate is the energy that a person does or consumes in this case, consumes calories.

Discovery Health has one where you can calculate what you’d burn just by sitting still all day, why does that sound strange?? So I used their calculator and it says for my height, weight, and age… I am burning about 2300 calories This is also called resting metabolic rate, meaning, if I’l sitting on the couch all day, I burn 2300 calories just sitting here, or even if I take a nap. A nice cool relaxing day in front of the TV. Interesting. I found another site with a calculator like this, on bodybuilding.com that says about the same thing as Discovery Health as far as my Basal/Resting Metabolic Rate. Anyways, if you increase your activity, you increase that Metabolic Rate.

So… if I burn 2300 calories just sitting here, and I am currently set on a 2200 calorie diet, that means I can just sit here and type to you guys all day and lose weight okie that sounds bit ridiculous, but it’s just funny how there are all these calculators out there to calculate this and that.

I found a calculator that calculates your daily calorie intake and I plugged my information in and it says a little over 3000 calories a day is what I am takin in to maintain my weight I guess. I was told not to cut more than 500 calories at a time, but I cut down to about 2200 so I cut out 800 calories.

There was even a link on there that talks about how much water I should drink for my weight. 160 oz!! heheheh

Okie I think I babbled a lot here heheh, I know there was a point to this post, but I think I got lost in all the calculators I found *grin*
Ah well…

Take care everyone, hopefully someone will find this info useful…
Sue…
Old 06-23-2005, 07:16 PM   #8  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi... I'm new here, but, if you all are willing to share your carrot cake I'll be around a lot more.
AmyMCGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:11 PM   #9  

Good evening everyone....just checking in to say hello.

Amy....Welcome.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:34 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Welcome Amy

April
Old 06-24-2005, 02:43 AM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

WHOOOOO Ladies!

I did 50 laps (in a row) just working the arms. Breast Stroke, Back Stroke and doggy paddle. Then I followed up by 25 laps of fast walking in the pool. That beat my 14 laps previously But I think it was because I swam around and chased the kid around first. This time I just went straight to laps. I didn’t use my legs to much when I was doing the arm work. I dunno why, but I see to get Charlie horses in my feet when I flap my legs when swimming…. Strange.

I feel great tho!

Hope everyone has a good night!
Sue...
Old 06-24-2005, 08:21 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome AMY !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:24 PM   #13  

Height: 5'6"

Welcom Amy, look foreward to getting to know you.
Good work Sue, thats more exercise than I've done in a month
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote