Support Groups - The Royals: Firecracker Challenge At Summer Palace!!!! Cracklin' Good Fun, Be There!

Amarantha2
06-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Or be square!!!! :flame:

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL :queen: s WHO PARTICIPATED SUCCESSFULLY IN THE SUMMER SOLSTICE CHALLENGE!!!! If ya haven't received your awards yet, it's 'cause the Towel Boys sent 'em out by horse 'n carriage and that could take some time.

Please pack ur royal duds 'n join the fireworks party :woo: at the Summer Palace as soon as possible!!!! The TBs are setting up a challenge sign-up buffet in the Great Hall, prepared by none other than the fab 'n fit 100-Year-Old Spa Cook, Elfreda Crone ... don't we all just wanna be fab 'n fit like her when we're 100?

I thought so, well, we can if we continue our sterlin' efforts to eat right n' exercise and continue in our tradition of postin' challenges here at 3FC!

That means you, too, Amarantha!

I hear tell :queen: K is servin' tea!!!

This is a short sprint to U.S. Independence Day, July 4!!! It will culminate in a fireworks display on the Royal Lawn, Renaissance or medieval clothing optional! Suits of armor not recommended due to the heat!

By the reckonin' o' the Royal Mathematician, there are 11 days to the Fourth of July! :flame: The TBs and Elfreda ask that anyone whose math is better, please correct any errors in that calculation! Royal Math Guy is not too sensitive about his arthmetical deficiencies!

PLEASE POST THY PERSONAL HEALTH, FITNESS, WEIGHT MANAGEMENT OR OTHER RELATED CHALLENGE HERE AND CONTINUE TO UPDATE YOUR FELLOW FELLOW :queen: s ON THY PROGRESS. The TBs are askin' all entrants in this "contest" post the award they will receive (from themselves) upon successful completion of the challenge (besides the fab fireworks party) and any other details of how they will conduct their challenge!!!!

As always, should we be stopped or captured (by the Less Than Successful Challenge Demons), the secretary will disavow any knowledge of our actions!!!
:flame: :flow1: :flow2: :flame:

Amarantha2
06-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Ohhhh, hooray, a challenge at the summer palace!!! Please TBs sign me up ... I've already embarked on a "firecracker" challenge on my journal and will report here daily as well. My goal weight for the Sunday before the U.S. Fourth is 140. I'm currently doing a series of daily challenges for my Six Day Sojourn to Saturday and will then weigh in on Saturday (because of nephew's wedding, I wanna see what I weigh, ok, I'm obsessing) ... and then will set out another week's worth.

As posted in my journal, I am also pledged to stick to my PRIME DIRECTIVE (Sugar Busters' WOE) and warned by some alien nutrition enforcers (details in journal, it's a bit complex) that any further backslidin' of this PRIME DIRECTIVE will result in Dire Consequences. Had one instance this week but thankfully, the enforcers we're kind o' lax in the consequence department. Think they are asleep ... hmmm, maybe I could sneak in a cupcake .... er, no!

Today's challenge for me is no more than 1700 cals (I think that's what I pledged) and 40 minutes of exercise.

Will report!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE POST A CHALLENGE HERE :queen: s AND LET'S MAKE THIS A CRACKLIN' GOOD SPRINT TO THE FOURTH!!!

Could someone please tell me when the Canadian Independence Day is? I apologize for my braindead state (and laziness as I could google)? Perhaps we could follow this sprint with one to that date as well ...

ceara
06-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Dinna know about Independence Day, but Canada Day is July 1st. They are very close together, eh?

Ceara

frogger
06-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Ok ladies! Thanks for leaving the breadcrumbs! I found ya!

I'm hoping for another 5lbs by July 4th. That's my goal. :D
Oh and getting the house straigh and in order. My inner Virgo is telling me to organize and clean up this pigsty!!!

Nothing "new" around here, so I'll post later.

Amarantha2
06-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Yea, Ceara, thanks! SO I THINK THIS SHOULD BE THE U.S./CANADA PATRIOTIC DAY CHALLENGE, so that'll encompass both dates!!!!!! Huzzah!

Frogger, thanks for joinin' in with a goal!! Hmmm. You can also come 'n clean my royal pigsty if ya feel like cleanin' ... heaven knows I don't!! :lol: Great goals!!!

wsw
06-23-2005, 02:35 PM
greetings to all queens in the summer palace!

i'm in. thanks for starting the thread, amarantha! my goals for this challenge will be:
-eat small, healthy portions---around 1500 cals/day.
-keep up with daily exercise routine, including tai chi video and meditation tapes.
-catch up on some old paper work (yuck!) and some much needed de-cluttering of my little royal dwelling.

take care, all.

aria2000
06-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi all!

MY GOALS ARE:
Keep the calories as low as possible (over 1200)
Continue my daily walking
Declutter

June 22 ~ 1900 calories and 65 minutes walking

Good luck, everyone! :sunny:

Amarantha2
06-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the Summer Palace, Aria 'n Wsw!!! Thanks for postin' thy goals for this flamin' 'n cracklin' Fireworks Challenge!!! :flame:

Hmmm, seems everyone is declutterin' except Amarantha! :doh:

Shall return anon ... or tomorrow with my report, dependin' when I stop eatin' ...

wsw
06-23-2005, 08:58 PM
made my goals today!! 1535 cals, exercised, and a little of that de-cluttering stuff. hope everyone has a good evening. take care.

Wildfire
06-23-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm here in spirit if not in mind or body...day eight of sinus pain from **** with no relief in sight...perhaps the Royal Guard might see fit to lop my head off with a broadsword or maybe we could pull the guillotine out of the Royal storage locker for one last go 'round?? No???

Anywho, I'm not up to a challenge at the moment but will be rooting for the rest of you on this one! :cheer:

Thoughts going out to our dear anagram and her beloved...you are close in heart, as always. :grouphug:

Amarantha2
06-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Let's all give a hearty Royal Huzzah to WSW for meetin' all her royal goals today!! :cheer: Seems she's the first in the challenge to come in with a successful day!!! Hooray! WTG, Wsw!!!

Hooray for the arrival o' the spirit o' Wildfire at the Summer Palace gates!!!! Glad you are here, Wildfire, sorry thou be not physically up to a formal challenge, but the Towel Boys will bring ya a nice hot toddie and sign ya up as head cheerleader! :cheer:

Also sendin' what healin' vibes I possess to Anagramatic and her dh! :flow1:

Here's the report I also posted in my journal tonight. My six-day sojourn to Saturday (to be followed by seven days to Sunday, June 3, to make a complete Firecracker Challenge) started Sunday and is verra complex ... the rules are that Amarantha/Athletea 'n Maisie earn a rose for each day they successfully follow the "rules" set up by the Evil Diet Nanny (who is really an alien enforcer from the universal diet continuum ... with me so far? Right, well ... ) ... uh, anyhow:

Rose Award Ceremony ~ Sunday, Challenge met! :rose:

Monday: Challenge met! :rose:

Tuesday: Challenge met! :rose:

Wednesday: Challenge NOT met! Consolation Prize Awarded! :1stprize:

Thursday: No more than 1700 calories (1740, mayhap more) NOT DONE, 40 minutes any exercise (20 minute walk) NOT DONE! ~ Challenge NOT met! Good Apple Prize Awarded 'Cause We Ate An Apple INSTEAD of Stickin' to Calorie Level :apple:

TO DO ~ Friday: No more than 1700 calories, work out with Nanny Trainer ~

Kaylets
06-24-2005, 05:48 AM
HEllo all!

It's Friday!
I've been up since about 4:15...dogs needed to go out and I forced myself to stay up as am riding w/ Dh into work.... I stayed last night on the premise that DH was coming to get me on the way elsewhere... well, on the way to get back home... I just had to stay and get some things done that I just could not leave undone while gone.... small things that took aprx 15 minutes each but felt much heavier until completed.....
This morning going in early for more of the same as I begin vacation this afternoon.....

Stomach virus for the most part has subsided except I can only eat small portions... even if I see something else that I know I will enjoy, if my stomach is pretty full, it gives me that warning feeling.... A big suprise for me... Couldnt tell you the last time my stomach 's voice was louder than my mouth's.....
My mood is better too.... in fact, as soon as I had a good dose of protein last night, I felt the mood improve....
Of course, not discounting that the eve of vacation always is uplifting....

THANKS for the firecracker challenge Empress...
My challenge is to get to the gym at least 4 X during my vacation and the goal of each time is to BE IN THE SAUNA!!
As for the rest of it, yes, starting a low level strength training something would be ideal.... but most importantly is to get to the gym by myself....as I havent been alone to this facility, ever.....
Just worked out that way...
I also want to do lots of work on finding out about possibilities of fitness trainers.... full time vs part time, certification requirements, etc, etc.....

Also, plan on at least 2 if not 3 -- 27 Fling Boogies as my palace is simply overrun .....
Being in bed two days really opened my eyes to that... and I have had ENOUGH....

so....
Thought of the day:

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."
---Richard Bach

Question of the day :

"Do you have summer vacation plans?'

Must be off,

KETTLE IS ON!

aria2000
06-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Great job, wsw!
June 23 ~ 2000 calories and 65 minutes walking.
This afternoon, DS is going to a sleepover birthday party, so I am planning on decluttering some.
I have to get a grip on the calories, here...

frogger
06-24-2005, 09:50 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDD MORNING ROYAL PAAAAALAAAACE!! (say it like Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam)

Goals for the day: Stop picking and the dag gone tootsie rolls sitting here. (I'm filling in for someone today and she has a candy basket. So far only 1 tootsie roll has passed my lips and a piece of hubba bubba). NO MORE SUGAR DANG IT!!!! Why does she tempt me so? She knows I LOVE tootsie rolls....
Made my lunchie for today! It's the first time all week. Actually is was the dinner I made last night but didn't eat, so technically I'm cheating on actually making a LUNCH. Still trying to low carb it. So turkey burger w/cheese, spinach salad w/real bacos and fresh grated parm. cheese and a dab or two of cesar dressing. Along w/ a diet Sprite. Don't know the carb count, just know that it's not rice, it's not potatoes, it's not bread, it's not pizza, and it's not pasta. :lol: TOTALLY different from what I had yesterday for lunchie at California Pizza Kitchen. My 2 slices of sour dough bread, my 3 pita slices w/hummus and my entire 7 or 8 inch 5 cheese, basil, and fresh tomato pizza. (I know, should have ordered a salad!!) I was on such carb overload that I nearly fell asleep at the table. I couldn't wait to get on the train home to snooze!!!!

Good Friday to you all!

deleted2
06-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks for starting the new thread, A!

I'm so in! I'm going to work hard, and have hidden my scale away and will not set a dainty toe on it until July 4. I hope to drop at least 3 pounds. So back to weighing and measuring for me and constant vigilance. Fortunately I like that kind of thing!

I'll soon be into my 4th week of BFL. The thread is still up and I'm posting all the excruciating details if anyone wants to see. :o

wsw
06-24-2005, 04:03 PM
thanks for thy royal encouragement-amarantha and aria!

wildfire-hope you feel better soon!

hi frogger, eydie, arabella!

kaylets-enjoy your vacation! glad you are feeling better after that nasty flu.

just trying to suvive this heat. nothing new for grueling summer heat in my neck of the woods, but always a physical challenge for me ms-wise. i am laying low in my a/c, as i write. well, hello to all royals, mentioned or unmentioned.

Amarantha2
06-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Well, not Kaylets!!! Have a wonderful vac, K, and thanks for addin' thy goals to the challenge roster. :wave:

Aria, thou be doin' royally good ... those cals be pesky :devil: s to get a grip on, but you'll do 'er!!!

Frogger: Congrats on makin' thy lunch 'n totin' it ... that's always such a chore but makes a big difference, methinks!

Tootsie Rolls are Evil Demons in disguise, thou knowest, sent to tempt the unwary with their chocolatey villainy. Scorn them!!! They are not thy friend!!! :yikes:

E, you are doing great on BFL ... I'm plannin' a trip to the thread anon!!! I am gettin' so much closer to BFL eatin' with the wraps I've been makin' ... a healthy carb, protein, vege, all in one!

Wsw, the heat's gruelin' in Arizona too ... we're pretty much in the monsoon a few weeks early ... I feel for ya! Stay cool and lay low, that's what I plan to do too and will be thinkin' o' ya!

I did ok on my six-day challenge (details on journal) ... had three successful (rose award) days, and a consolation prize day plus a "good apple" day ... weigh-in tomorrow, followed by a seven day challenge to July 3, my own "firecracker" day!

Gotta take a nap ... work all weekend, plus a wedding.

Amarantha2
06-25-2005, 08:37 AM
IT IS SATURDAY, CHALLENGERS!!! Let's all get up 'n go 'n make this the BEST first Saturday of a short challenge in the HISTORY o' the Royal Palace!!! I propose that we all post lots 'n lots about our challenge goals this weekend so's we can whip up a lot of enthusiasm 'n SIS BOOM 'N BAH-ishness for this short sprint ... WE WILL ALL REACH OUR GOALS DURING THE REMAININ' DAYS TO U.S. INDEPENDENCE DAY/CANADA DAY!!! I just know it ... I do, really!!!

I'll be back with my weigh-in results later. Have to work now!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

aria2000
06-25-2005, 08:59 AM
June 24 ~ 1935 calories and 18 minutes walking
Today, I will keep my calories in check.

Amarantha2
06-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Go Aria!!! :cheer:

Amarantha2
06-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Ok, here's my crazy report. Decided just to post my journal entry for today here in the Great Hall also ... doin' kind of a crazy deviation thing today as I need to shake up the ol' routine. This day is Part II of my Firecracker Challenge. Tomorrow will post the next part:

The EVIL DIET NANNY hath woken up on the wrong side o' the bed and hath declared the planned Super Saturday Challenge Weigh-In Ceremony in the Deep Dark Dietetic Dilemmatic Woods to be CANCELLED!!!!

'Dinna bother me w' that nonsense!!!' she told (Amarantha) 'n Maisie. 'Go talk w' the Diet Alien Enforcers in the woods 'n tell 'em I QUIT!!! Go 'n eat cake if ye wanna, 'cause I can't be a'dealin' w' the lot o' ye 'n yur Sugar Demony tricks!'

Far from bein' stung by the harsh words o' dear Nanny, A&M decided to declare a ONE-DAY FUN CHALLENGE, knowin' that any deviations from the Prime Directive today will go unnoticed by their cranky Alien-Nanny-In-Residence. So the challenge today is NOT to weigh in (ceremony will be held tomorrow and is not expected to be pleasant as there will be DIRE consequences if the numbers are not favorable ... mayhap a plague of locusts or a 30-year run of bad luck, if ye believe Hag Nanny's mutterin's) and TO eat some form of sugar or cake and/or anything else they wish to eat, but to exercise caution! Calories MUST NOT exceed 2000 or there will be DIRE consequences if that occurs as well.

Exercise is optional in this challenge!

The idea for this challenge came from BFL For Women in which it states it's sometimes ok to have a nonlegal treat so's one doesn't go crazy.

Words to that effect.

Results of this BOLD EXPERIMENT IN FLAUNTING THE PRIME DIRECTIVE WILL BE PRESENTED BY PROFESSOR D. DIETICIAN AT THE INTERNATIONAL DIET LAW SYMPOSIUM in August.

'Bah!' croaked EDN (Evil Diet Nanny) as she packed a lunch box and went off for a day's shoppin' and to a nephew's wedding, where she vowed to eat cake.

wsw
06-25-2005, 07:27 PM
amarantha-hope you had a good time at thy nephew's wedding!

yesterday, 1580 c. and today, 1565, and stuck to exercise plan both days.

take care, all.

aria2000
06-26-2005, 09:51 AM
JUNE 25

Calories ~ 1735 :)
Walking ~ 50 minutes :)
Decluttering ~ yes :)

Amarantha2
06-26-2005, 09:52 AM
Yes, I did, Wsw! It was a little sad for me, though, as I wished my brother could have been there for his child's wedding (brother died in 1999). But it was ok and I did well with food. I DID meet my one-day challenge to have cake (weird challenge, I know), but I had it in the morning and at the wedding I skipped all "bad" foods, eating only a plain salad, a few bites of beef and a piece of cheese ... they had wine but I passed on that, too. It's not good for me! Total cals for the day came in under 1500 (approximately).

aria2000
06-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Great job, Amarantha! :cp:

deleted2
06-26-2005, 01:59 PM
A bold experiment, Amarantha! I'm eager to hear more! Were you able to go back on plan today with no yearnings? Tell all!

Great job staying on plan, wsw and Aria! :D

Amarantha2
06-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Yep, E, I was just commenting (to YOU, actually) in my journal that eating the light, low glycemic meal and drinking the full bottle of water made me feel so much better than if I'd had the cake, white sandwich croissant things, candy, wine and a few other things they had there ... I was more in control of my emotions (brought back loss of little bro), able to deal with my driving fear (long story on that, but won't go there), able to focus on others instead of self, not sick at stomach ... jeans feel tight today, but no weight gain so dunno ...

However, today is a new day and I started a new journal and challenge for the rest of the Firecracker Challenge period (thanks for findin' me there 'n posting, E ... I answered your question re EDN ... sorta! :lol: ). Also posted there about the two books I bought in the health food store about sugar addiction and low glycemic eating.

AND also posted already that I AM OFFICIALLY NOT DOIN' THE WORK I NEED TO GET DONE FOR JOB UNTIL MONDAY! Which means Monday will be h*ll! So be it. I need a sanctuary day.

'N last but not ever least, Ms. A, thanks for the "well-done" ... I really am pleased with last night's choices.

I also remember posting on here (or the journal, one or the other) about a few months ago when I was a basket case re driving and had to do a muckety muck big event thingie and how we stood in the AZ sun for more than an hour and I was so depleted and hungry when I arrived at the luncheon part and instead of eating the wonderful looking sandwiches of very fresh meat, veggies and cheese on big beautiful but white rolls, with NO dressings of any kind, I just ate the vege and part of the meat and cheese and drank a full glass of water and how satisfying that was ... whereas if I'd eaten the white roll (plus the cake they had for dessert, plus a sugary soft drink), I'd have been sick the whole afternoon.

Something to remember!

wsw
06-26-2005, 06:47 PM
-1450c.
-exercised and
-did some old paperwork and de-cluttering.

amarantha-congrats on doing so well at wedding! can sure understand how event was bittersweet, without your brother being able to celebrate occassion with his family.

way to go,aria! hi eydie! and to all our royals---a pleasant evening. take care.

aria2000
06-27-2005, 08:09 AM
JUNE 26

Calories ~ 2000 :(
Decluttering ~ no

I have an important legal matter tomorrow.
Maybe after that, I will eat less, lol.

frogger
06-27-2005, 08:24 AM
The house is clean...(say it in the Tangina voice from Poltergist)

Yup, that's what I did this weekend, declutter, clean, vacuum, stash, you name it, I did it.

Will be on later with longer post...

Kaylets
06-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Hello all!

Very very humid here this morning.... a real shock taking the trash to the curb...
Veg garden looks like its loving it,actually can see real growth overnight...
a couple of plants that were touch and go look like they've decided to make a real go of it. The eggplant leaves almost look like they doubled overnight....

Frogger..... are you still in anti clutter mode??? I 'm feeling slow in the humidity and am only getting 1/2 done what I expected....

Empress... Have I told you how much I appreciate the firecracker thread?
Thanks... saw the weather forecast for Tucscon and I thought of you.... and shuddered....

Wsw-- spoke w/ my sister in Winston Salem and she says any rain would be welcome... that grass is brown... is it the same way your way???

Wildfire and WoodNymph.... forecast you way shows its warm your way too....
guess most of us are in the midst of summer

Ceara-- How are you doing? Counting on you not to over do it.....

Anagram??? I am sending another big hug ((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))

Eydie.... Would you believe I took Body for life from the library again but was so sick last week, had to return unopened... ( its new enough that its on the 7 day only, n o renewal list).... I'll grab it again...

Aria ! You just keep adding those days up don't you? You are an inspiration!

I know I am forgetting someone... our other musical royal... Hoping all is well !

I'll look in later!

Thought of the day :

"Love comes first."
-- Cassandra 8 yr old child cancer survivor seen on ' Extreme Home Makeover '

Question of the day :

"What is your favorite beverage?"

frogger
06-27-2005, 02:55 PM
I thought I would have a longer post...But there is absolutly nothing going on here. I'm about ready to fall out asleep here at work. Will need to nap on the train home.

OH!! There is one thing! Sydney is now crawling!!! She learned on Friday. I went ot pick her up from my mom's house and she crawled right over to me! It's so cute! But now she's getting into everything!!

aria2000
06-27-2005, 04:16 PM
frogger: Enjoy you little Sydney!

deleted2
06-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Kaylets, you have a sister in Winston-Salem? We love very close and go there often. Maybe sometime when you're visiting your sister we could meet somewhere? That would be great! ;)

Today starts my 4th week of BFL . So far so good, but I'm wanting comfort food for some reason. Thankfully my idea of comfort foods have changed anyway. I'd rather have crusty whole grain bread with cheese instead of chocolate and cupcakes. That's progress! :)

wsw
06-27-2005, 07:45 PM
frogger-that is so exciting that little princess sydney is now crawling! that just put a big smile on my face.

kaylets-yes, we definitely need rain here.

today, i overshot my mark with total 1750c (but ate healthy foods); exercised; and worked on a little paperwork/de-cluttering.

anagram-good thoughts going out your way. take care, all.

Amarantha2
06-28-2005, 12:08 AM
Flybye as have had day from heck ... involving tires and driving again ... my reward for staying on my challenge today was two new tires ...

Yea, K, it's hot here in beautiful torpid, polluted and steamy AZ, although I'm not sure what the forecast is for Tucson (I'm not in Tucson but wish I were as it's a nice city) ... we've sorta been in and out of the monsoon, except it's dry and it's also fire season and there's already been one bad one ... my house is hot despite skyrocketing AC bills and I had to buy new tires because tires don't last here all that long ... I keep askin' myself why I live in this oven we call a state ... except I ask that every year and here I still am, so there it is!

Hi to wsw, frogger and lil froglet, E the BFLer (E, I really want the chocolate and cupcakes instead o' the bread n' cheese ... but I'm readin' "Licking the Sugar Habit" and I will not cave), Aria (GREAT WORK TODAY AS ALWAYS, keep a'trekkin'), Anagramatic (thinkin' of you), Wood Nymph, Ceara, Cerise (where ARE ya? Om shanti!) and all other :queen: s, past or present, mentioned or unmentioned!

HOW IS EVERYONE'S CHALLENGE GOING? We only have SEVEN MORE DAYS!!!! Report, report, report!!! :flame:

Amarantha2
06-28-2005, 12:09 AM
Hmmm. I like this smilie!

Or is that smiley?

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Kaylets
06-28-2005, 06:35 AM
Hello all,

We too had rain most of yesterday, heavier showers at night. Which made it feel like a steam bath.... DH and I just "reviewed the garden" and are amazed at the overnight changes.

Biggest accomplishment for me yesterday was that I let myself take a nap ... wound up nealy 2 hr nap...... which didnt seem to effect my evening routine much so I will assume I needed the rest.

Dh and I did get to the gym both Sunday and Monday but we only had time for the sauna on Sunday. Am thinking that maybe this tropical humidity is really the same as the sauna.... but not really I guess since I don't enjoy slogging thru the humidity fully clothed.... big part of the sauna is the shower right after.....

Sydney is crawling.... it won't be long before she starts school at this rate! Where does the time go??

So, went to my WW's meeting last night to take advantage of my lifetime status and to show my support for my friends in the meeting..... The theme was "Knowing your finish line"... which really meant... how to avoid getting so hungry, tired, stressed that you make poor food choices and tempt a binge....
A good theme but the leader got lost a couple of times .... I am starting to think I initmidate her... could be the reaction on my face when she asks something totally out of the blue that makes no sense to me....
I didnt get weighed as I wore jeans but am curious how long the lower numbers on my home scale will hold.... I am pretty sure the lower numbers are due to my stomach virus and recovery but would be thrilled if I only regained about 1/2 so I had a 1-2 lb cushion below my goal weight.
I suspect it will all come off because it looks like my quick sick loss was all muscle loss. I was rubbing BenGay into my shoulder last night and realized I felt lots of bony pieces I havent ever noticed before...... I'm still nowhere near "too thin" -- ( scale this morning ready 134 and I'm 5' 3") but as far as I'm concerned, my plan is now maintenance.

DH and I tried Quinoa ( pronounceed Keeen-wah) this weekend. It cooks in aprx 15 minutes and is mild enough (like pasta, rice or barely) to let you mix whatever you like in... The beauty part is that it is chock full of protein and actually is very filling as you eat it. We mixed it w/ roasted vegetables initially.
And enjoyed it.
Yesterday, I accidentally sent DH to work w/ all the leftover quinoa but w/o the vegetables. He took a can of pineapple from his desk drawer and stirred it in and enjoyed it all. We paid aprx $2/lb but it makes at least 8 servings if not more which I think is good value. And is filling, has lots of great vitamins and amnio acids and is a protein too.....

Let me put the kettle on ....

wsw
06-28-2005, 08:14 AM
hi amarantha-sorry you had day from heck yesterday, but glad that you have 2 new tires. i want you to be safe, empress! congrats for staying on challenge!

this challenge is more challenging for me than i thought it would be, but i'm hanging in there, albeit by my dainty little fingernail, but that counts. i will continue forging ahead!

it is getting harder for me to get around physically (due to ms), and it feels pretty frustrating, and creepy sometimes. i got a nifty little walker with a seat on it, last week, and that has been very helpful as an assistive device which i can use when my cane is not enough support, but do not need my wheelchair. i have had to miss out on a lot of social events lately due to ms "technical difficuties" and that has been disappointing. my condo. is feeling pretty tiny to me now. (it is very small, but has been feeling even smaller because i have been here so much of the time in the past 6 mos.) i think that is where some of my need to de-clutter started. i have also been checking out independent living situations(senior/retirement communities) recently, which has been hard emotionally. (i'm 52, and the average age there is 85.) it is becoming harder physically, for me to live alone, and i am starting to check out some options. fortunately, it is not as though i have to move tomorrow, but realistically, i do need to be starting to think about all this, since i am single with no family. it stresses me out on many levels, including financial, because all the places i have seen so far are not ones i can really afford, not to mention the emotional level. as i said, i don't have to make any decisions this minute---which is a good thing! i am proud of myself too, for starting to deal with this, even though it is pretty difficult.

on a much happier note, a friend is coming over to visit this afternoon, and i need to clean up my tiny, almost nearly de-cluttered condo. hello to all in our summer royal palace. hope it is a good day for one and all! take care.

Amarantha2
06-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Posted a second challenge for myself in my journal today and since it explains where I am with exercise, I decided to just post it here (in a separate post. Sorry for the me-me-ness o' me posts lately and the lack of responses; I read all postings and am thinkin' about all o' ye ... think I must be a gae selfish creature as I'm so immersed sometimes in stuff goin' on ... wsw, I have a friend who has the technical difficulties you are goin' through and wish I could do more to help ... sendin' thee all the strength vibes I can muster ... you are very strong and will prevail!

Kaylets, congrats on the weight loss/maintenance, whatever it's source, you will maintain it AND build muscle back over time, don't worry! :cheer:

I dislike quinoa but would love to see some recipes ... it's really healthy and pretty much the oldest grain in the New World (comes from South America, I believe, very ancient).

Amarantha2
06-28-2005, 10:28 AM
... don't worry, I won't be usin' up space here with journal entries often, just my way of sayin' what I'm doin' challenge-wise ... I use a different name on the journal forum but you all know what it is:

Well, no sooner did the Demon wake up poor (Amarantha) before dawn today, that A spied it!!! IT being the Magickal Walkin' Stick o' EDN's cronelike twin sis (crone being a good thing, meaning a magickal woman in the fullness o' her beauty, strength 'n prime o' life, but gae scary nevertheless)!!!!

"Get up, (Amarantha)," saith the crone (no one knows her name, as she's THAT scary), wavin' the walkin' stick 'n mutterin' incantations 'n imprecations o'er our depressed heroine! "Ye need to EXERCISE!!"

"Go away," saith (Amarantha).

"None o' that now," saith Exercise Crone!!! "I've been down to Diet Town Square and entered thee in a surprise event they've organized for the Firecracker Challenge Festival. To win the prize ya only need to DO ANY EXERCISE FOR 30 MINUTES A DAY ON TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY AND SATURDAY of the remaining distance to July 3!!! Ye can break it up anywhichway ye please ... a few minutes at a time if need be. Now wasn't that nice o' me!!??"

"What's the prize," inquired (Amarantha), hopefully.

"It's a surprise prize," saith the crone, innocently.

"I don't believe there is a prize," saith (Amarantha). "Ye be makin' it up!"

"Well, see here, Ms. A," saith the crone, menancingly wavin' the Magickal Walkin' Stick a bit closer to A, "I DON'T think ye wanna know what I'm gonna do with this stick if ya don't cooperate!!! Me credentials as a Certified Exercise Crone are on the line here. I need to MOTIVATE ya, so get up and go for a walk ... ye can take this nice Magickal Beginner's Walkin' Staff w'ye," saith the crone, pulling out a lovely golden stick o' light balsamy wood out o' her cronelike robes.

Sighing, A DID get up and walk 35 minutes around the neighborhood and the crone did NOT beat her with the stick.

Now, she realizeth that in addition to the until Sunday calorie challenge, she's gonna hafta please the crone and do 30 minutes o' EXERCISE (oh hedoublehockeysticks) per day also.

"Or there will be DIRE consequences," saith the crone, meaningfully.

"Grrrrr," saith (Amarantha).

Dinna worrit, :queen: s, no violence was used in the preparation o' this upliftin' vignette ... it is an allegorical magick stick. :)

Kaylets
06-28-2005, 11:36 AM
And then, The Crone magikally appeared on the other side of the shore, in the Kingdom of Kaylets......
The Crone stood there nodding as the Queen Kaylets rubbed her eyes and then rubbed again... "Yea, its true, you are seeing me, its not a dream.", said the Crone....
The Queen Kaylets said "I thought you were only a character in A's imagination."
And the Crone nodded...... " So does A...... I like it that way, then I can come and go as I please."
"But why come here to my kingdom? " asked Queen K....

"Because you too need motivation. So I have brought my stick and have entered you in a challenge too." said the Crone grinning.

"You're on vacation and are recovering from the stomach flu...., but you need to still get more activity in.... and declutter too."
The Crone waved her stick and pointed at a pile of papers and books and etc at the foot the Queen's throne..... "You have 30 minutes.... sort, purge and relocate....THIS IS A ROYAL HAZARD!" and as she gripped her stick even harder ... "or do I have to.....!"

So the Queen Kaylets, grabbed 2 boxes and a waste basket and as soon as she finished hanging the laundry, set her timer to sort, purge and relocate."

Thought of the day :

"Anyone can quit. It takes a winner to keep trying."
--Unknown

Question of the day :

"What's your favorite way to beat the heat?"

KETTLE IS ON!

aria2000
06-28-2005, 12:26 PM
June 27

Calories ~ 2050 :dizzy:
Walking ~ 65 minutes :encore:
Decluttering ~ no

Today, I am very busy, but my legal matter is now behind me, so I am less stressed out.
I might do some decluttering later in the day.

anagram
06-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Hello, all you talented and amazing Royal Folk. I am missing y'all so much. Am home on short break as dd & ds are with dh. 21st day in hospital, 19th in ICU. Did a trach on him last night, talking of moving him to a "long term acute care" which is NOT a nursing home but a rehab to wean him from ventilator and all the things that accompany that. But this is PROGRESS. Everything that could go wrong seems to have but I'm looking forward to seeing him less sedated and anxious to come home.

Then I can come home to the Court.

deleted2
06-28-2005, 06:11 PM
I too had a visit from the mysterious staff-weilding Crone today and I didn't even know it. I came home weary from work after a long day of giving tours and
I was doing everything I could to talk myself out of exercise----you know what I'm talking about! And a stern [yet kindly] force came bidding me to rise up and walk on the treadmill for just 30 minutes, telling me I'd feel better and proud of myself and I could put that all-important sticker on my calendar. :lol: So I did as the kindly spirit asked and I really do feel better! ;) A shower of blessings on her ancient [and robust!] form!

Aria and wsw, you're doing so well! Special kudos to wsw for being attentive to her own needs! :)

Kaylets, I've been applying FlyLady pricples to my veg. garden this year---simply going out every morning and weeding and attending for 15-30 minutes and it looks beautiful. No more being overwhelmed by weeds. And a good way to start the day too.

Thanks for the progress report, Anagram. Thought of you this morning while I was having breakfast out on the deck and told Garry about you and how it was so clear that you and your DH had a great marriage. It was an appropriate conversation 'cause it's our anniversary. 19 years!!!

wsw
06-28-2005, 07:42 PM
eydie-happy anniversary!

anagram-so glad you checked in with us. as always, good thoughts to dh and you! your dh clearly is a fighter, as are you.

aria-good to hear that legal matter is behind you, and that you are less stressed.

amarantha-you and your marvelous tales continue to delight and inspire me.

- cals:1575.
- exercised.
- de-cluttered.

hi to kaylets, ceara, frogger, and to all royals, mentioned and unmentioned!

Amarantha2
06-28-2005, 11:02 PM
:lol: ... :queen: s K 'n E, glad to know the crone is NOT just a figment o' A's imagination ... couldn't be if she visited ye, too.

Kinda like Santa Claus, if ye believe, she will come!!!

Anagramatic!!! I am so happy to see ya and to hear the news about dh's progress. You are always in our thoughts and can't wait until time permits ya to put up yur feet in the great hall a little longer at a time ...

Wsw!!! You had a great challenge day!!!! Congratulations on cals, exercise AND decluttering, too.

I think I need to meet this Flylady person. She sounds as scary as EDN and Exercise Crone. My house is a mess and likely to stay that way for the nonce ... maybe the Towel Boys wouldn't mind comin' over to tidy up a bit ... hmmm.

ARIA!!! :wave: I just posted on your journal in the land far far away! You had a good day ... glad the "legal matter" is over ... I'm all too familiar with how stressful these matters can be, even though I confess I don't know the specifics of yours ... but it's great how well you've kept up the focus on your health and exercise! WTG!

EYDIE, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! :woo: :hat: 19 years is a great achievement! You and dh can be really proud of that record! Have a good one!

:listen: DOST THOU HEAR THE SOUND O' ALL MISSIN' :queen: s COMIN' INTO THE SUMMER PALACE FROM THE COUNTRYSIDE? I propose we have a PARTY and invite all :queen: s who have ever been a part of our rowdy palace band to POST on this thread at least once, 'cause as ye know, IT'S ALMOST U.S. INDEPENDENCE DAY/CANADA DAY ... I think we should have a postin' party before we close the thread and embark on another royal adventure.

I was makin' a mental list of the many :queen: s that have passed through here, some only briefly, some stayed a long time but went away and are missed. Won't post the list as might inadvertently leave out a name 'n risk offending!

On another forum, a very smart person who used to post on 3FC reminded all reading that the YEAR IS HALFWAY GONE ... :queen: s if we are to reach all of our yearly goals, the time is now to kick some royal b*tt 'n get it in gear!!!!!!

So in addition to the postin' party, I propose we start thinkin' about the next challenge whilst we are still in this brief one!!! The Towel Boys have offered to move about the palace and note down everyone's ideas! :)

aria2000
06-29-2005, 07:49 AM
Hi all! :balloons:
Happy Anniversary to you and your DH, Eydie!

JUNE 28

Calories ~ 1350 :yes:
Walking ~ 30 minutes
Decluttering ~ no

Yesterday we celebrated and I had 2 glasses of champagne, but I was not really hungry because I was tired and I had been sweating all day.
I did gain 1 lb this week, due to the excess calories, but I will be more serious with myself starting today.

wsw
06-29-2005, 08:57 PM
-1550 cals
-exercised
-and did a little more de-cluttering.

hello to all royals!

aria2000
06-30-2005, 09:13 AM
JUNE 29

Calories ~ 1950 :(
Walking ~ 30 minutes
Decluttering ~ yes

These calories are killing me...

frogger
06-30-2005, 09:18 AM
Good Morning!!! :coffee: I'm sitting here enjoying a large cup of coffee with 2 squirts of d'vinci rasberry sugar free syrup. I was amazed to find out that my normal carmel flavor and vanilla flavor from our cafe upstairs is not sugar free. Hmmm. So timidly I tried the only flavor that I could find up there with no carbs/sugars, the rasberry. IT's DIVINE!!!!! :D Who knew???

Anyway, I've lost 2 more lbs. YEAH :dancer:

Took Sydney to her 9 month checkup yesterday. Healthy as a horse!! The doctor was so amazed at the amount she eats, but is still long and slender. Mommy wishes she had that metabolism!! 16lbs 1 ounce, 27 inches long. She's proportionate, and right at average for her weight and height. She watched her crawl and had her try standing herself up (holding onto the doctor's hands) She did it and tried to do it again last night as she waddled into the kitchen whilst DH was putting away the dishes from the washer. Tried pushing herself up. Got on both feet, one hand on the kitchen floor, one on the door of the open washer, but couldn't quite get her other little hand up. I ran for the camera, but alas, I was too late. She decided to sit back down.

Anagram-I'm happy with the progress your DH is making. You are right, it is PROGRESS and don't think of it otherwise. Thinking of you often....

Edyie-Happy Anniversary to you and your DH, guess I missed it yesterday. Sorry!

Aria-You are doing so well. I admire your commitments. Keep it up :cp:

wsw-You too are doing well. YEAH!!!! :D

To all those :queen: mentioned and not mentioned, have a good one! I'll be on later to check back in.

Not counting calories: bah humbug

Calories ~ bah humbug
Carbs~ very few
Walking ~ i really need to get on the ball with this one
Decluttering ~ teenie bit before the kid down the street came and mowed our yard. How lazy are we??????

Amarantha2
06-30-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi, all! This is a me-me flybye as I think I'm going to get some calorie counting software on this computer ... I've tried Dietpower and don't like it so may go for Fitday. I don't exactly need it, as a paper and pencil work very well.

You guys are inspiring me to declutter also.

Amarantha2
06-30-2005, 01:49 PM
I can't seem to stop postin' about how much I like the PC version of Fitday ... it's a real eye opener. I've amended my goal weight to 130, which from playing with Fitday is achievable with just a bit more effort by the end o' October ... hag season!!! :)

frogger
06-30-2005, 02:08 PM
I cannot begin to tell you how udderly BORED I am today. This job is getting to me sitting here day after day with NOTHING to do except for the occational copy job or the "I need I want" crap. I have nothing against my company, which is a great company to work for, it's the current client site I am assigned to. Or should I say the current client? I have nothing against the site itself. Nice people, but the client is intollerable, and is either yelling at someone or completly ignores me for days!!! I have complained to my company and my program manager. Everyone but her is willing to let me move to another project. She wants to save face with the client. (He's already run through another assistant before me. She lasted only 2 months with the boredom and finally quit entirely. I've been here a year and a month). I CANNOT WAIT until my review when I get to voice my opinion. Maybe then they will let me move.

deleted2
06-30-2005, 07:42 PM
I dreamed last night that I was at the drugstore looking over the hair coloring stuff. There was a box with a pic of an older woman with short blindingly white hair---The color was called "CRONE"!!!! Imagine a world where the title crone is an acceptable and desirable thing. :D
Just wanted to share!

deleted2
06-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Congrats on letting go of 2 more pounds, Frogger! :D

Aria, I know what you mean about the extra calories. I'm doing the same thing--eating all good stuff, just too much of it. :o

wsw
06-30-2005, 10:51 PM
-cals: 1485
-exercised.
-de-cluttered

Amarantha2
06-30-2005, 11:29 PM
:lol: E, I think you should go to Revlon or someone and pitch your idea for the "crone" concept! I like the thought of short, blindingly white hair and a beautiful wise face underneath.

Except I'm stickin' with the red for now!

Signed, Crone! :)

frogger
07-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Good Morning all! Happy Canada day to all our Canadian Royals! (it is Canada Day isn't it????)

It is 9am here, and I'm already about to choke someone here. Boss is out but his cronie over here (HA HA CRONE!!!) is driving me absolutly bonkers :crazy: :dizzy: He's trying to task me with stuff because the boss left him in charge. So sorry, you're a contractor, and per the boss only "in charge" in case something important happens which you are to immediatly call the boss. No physical actions required on your part. The boss tasked him with a phone list for an important meeting and IMMEDIATLY upon me walking in this morning he hands it over to me. I didn't even have time to get to my cube. "The boss asked me to put this together." And I handed it right back to him. I'm doing his damn work for him.

Other than that, peachie in the kingdom. Leaving work at 1pm, picking up Sydney and relaxing at the house afterwards.

aria2000
07-01-2005, 09:29 AM
LAST DAY OF JUNE

Calories ~ 1470 :)
Decluttering ~ no, but worked on vacation list

Kaylets
07-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Hello all!

3rd time must be the charm right? My first two earlier today never made after I hit submit.

The DS saga continues. Showed up at dinner time last night "With no where else to turn" From what else I heard after retreating upstairs, "lesson really learned... this will be the last time... etc. etc"
In other words, as DH expressed so well, the only change since December is 6 mos.... Used as much emotional blackmail he could muster but since DH has heard so much of this so many dozens of times before, DH was stoic when the tears began. DH did pay for a room at the Super 6 and gave DS some cash. And a plan to resolve DS's judicial issues by asking for assistance from the military.
Then, DS showed up today aprx 2pm asking "what he should now do ?? The Navy Recruiter's office was closed and the YMCA says DS isnt making enough money."
Dh tried to call the recruiters too. Then discussion fell apart... DS began to blame DH for DS's situation and DH was stunned to find out how little money DS had left. Evidently, scallops were on the menu last night in the room becuase after all, DS's girlfriend stayed too. And DS reminded DH that DS hadnt asked for any money so DH had no reason to question where the money had been spent.

DH said the Super 6 room was only a one night deal and there definitely would be no more money forthcoming....
and after about 30 minutes of both of them saying the same thing back and forth... DS got very teary and left. Perhaps he thought DH would follow him...

DH did not although he too was teary.... But teary for DS and how low DS has to go to understand that DS needs to resolve his problems himself, that DH will not do it for him.

sorry for such a long, long post about so much of the same. The only good thing is that DH won't let DS stay .... I am very relieved. Upset that DH has to get upset about the situation but I do see that DH believes this is the only
way DS will figure out that we arent doing his clean up anymore.

Eydie--Happy Anniversary ! Belated but still, sending my regards..... Sounds like you two have been together about as long as DH and I.... although it took us 5 yrs b/4 we married....

And yes, I will sure let you know next time I get to Winston Salem... too bad, its been too long....

Aria-- There you go, racking up those walking miles! You are doing really, really well!!

WSW-- I could use some of your decluttering skills this way!! And my hats off to you for you're courage in facing what may be a necessity in your future.....
Somehow, I know, this road too will be full of wonderful suprises.... Even though this road isnt one of your own choosing....

Empress.. Was thinking of you in the gym today....As I ran the shower lots logner than I would've at home

ANAGRAM!!! ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))) to you from ALL of us..... and another too (((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))) ))))
My thoughts are with you often.....Lots and lots of love being sent to you and your DH!!

Frogger--- hmmmmm..... guess sometimes we need to be careful what we wish for!! : 0!! and hats off for noticing the syrups are NOT sugar free.... I saw a chart today that showed some fancy coffees have 580 calories per cup.... and guess what ... the bigger cups... are classified as 2 servings! Which means if you drink the whole thing, that over a 1000 calories!

and please be careful w/ Sydney and the dishwahser.....ugly th ing happened to a friend's child. They forgot to keep theirs locked at all times.....

Ceara? How dost thou feel??

Arabella??
Wildfire??
Punkin?

Yes, Empress, a party of all Royals, would be so much f un....
Lets think about this one some

Let me post.

Kettle is on.
For iced tea please

frogger
07-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Wouldn't mind doing the work if I got credit for it. I've been through this with this guy before a couple of times last week. He hands me something to do, I do it and before I can send it to the boss, this guy wants to "look" at it. He then has the cahonies to walk the work over to the boss himself and act like he just finished. I actually heard him say, Oh boss I finished the weekly report up for you like you asked. EXCUSE ME??? Who did the weekly report?

Boss called before I left. Apparently this guy called him and said I wasn't being helpful to him. I explained the situation and the boss (for once!) sided with me.

Guess what...Had a moment of weekness and inhaled pizza for dinner. Could have been worse I guess. We ordered thin crust at least.

Amarantha2
07-01-2005, 10:52 PM
K, I just posted to ya on the BFL thread ... kudos to you for starting your weight trainin' (or restartin' if you've done it before, I wasn't sure ...) ... it WILL pay off big time!

Sorry about the emotional toll DS is takin' on ye 'n DH ... hard not to fret, but life has a way o' straightening things out and DS will be ok and he will find his way. But it's tough on YOU, so stay strong and keep liftin' those weights ...

Froggie, sorry you are havin' job woes ... aaack, employment is a pain ... glad you had time to relax with Sydney today.

Aria, you did a super job with cals 'n exercise (and the list) on the last day of June!!! :cheer: I wish I had that cal count today, just upped mine from what I posted on the journal as I could not resist some milk and grapes ... keep trekkin'

Sorta braindead, :queen: s!!!

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK, K, ON THE ROYAL PARTY ... CAN WE HAVE A POLL O' THE QUEENS PLEASE AS TO WHETHER TO END THIS THREAD AT THE END O' THE FIRECRACKER CHALLENGE AND START ANOTHER WITH A NEW THEME? :)

Only a few days left.

I will NOT be making my goal. Oh well!

I'm personally goin' to embark on a Halloween challenge, complete with hags-o-huts, goblins, ghoulies, ghosties 'n aliens (I guess) ... I am ready to reach my 130 goal by October 30 ... along the way I will be setting some intermediate challenges for meself.

deleted2
07-02-2005, 07:55 AM
Kaylets, sorry you're having issues with DS again--that's got to be so hard.

Frogger, I would be livid if I had a co-worker like that! :mad: Just so wrong!

Doing okay with my plan--exercise is right on track, but food is "wobbly" if you know what I mean. Too many calories still and last night I ate late because I had guests. And I haven't been planning the nite before--that's probably the key. Anyway, weight loss is stalled and it's no big surprise. Gotta get it moving again!

aria2000
07-02-2005, 11:12 AM
JULY 1st

Calories ~ 1950
Walking ~ 45 minutes
Decluttering ~ no

Not a great day, but I did manage to walk, even though I was very busy.

Amarantha2
07-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Excellent work, Aria!!! :cheer: Consistency even if busy is the key and you exemplify that. Keep trekkin' !!!!

World, I must inform thee that Amarantha/Athletea hath started drinking CHOCOLATE MILK again!!! And she feeleth GREAT about it!

As anyone who knows Sugar Busters, South Beach, etc., knoweth, cocoa and chocolate are NOT bad things ... it's the high sugar and, for me, the fat content in these that make 'em evil. So today I walked in park with friend but she wanted to do an early run to Sprouts as we both had to work today (but I digress) ... anyhow, we did trek down to Sprouts and I found the most amazing thing ever ... Westsoy UNSWEETENED SOYMILK (if soymilk doesn't say "unsweetened" you need to look at the label as it is likely to contain turbinado or evaporated cane juice or just plain sugar) ... in a CHOCOLATE variety. No sweeteners of any kind, either artificial or natural ... just cocoa and some incidental preservative and seaweed (although it's not called that ... I can't spell the word but basically it's seaweed and is in a lot of products to make them smoother ... no high glycemic evil ingredients, no freakin' SPLENDA, no Nutri Sweet, no nuttin' ... it taste very good to me, would not be sweet enough for anyone used to sugar ... just MADE my day better, since it's a cr*ppy work day and I'm stuck here all weekend doin' this cr*p.

wsw
07-02-2005, 04:26 PM
yesterday, 1650 cals; exercised;de-cluttered. belated happy canada day! heat is getting to me big-time, ms-and other-wise. this afternoon, just hunkered down in a/c and watched "casablanca" on t.v. just what the doctor ordered!

kaylets-sorry ds giving you and dh such a rough time. aria-you are doing so great! you inspire me to keep writing down my cals(even when i want to chuck my food journal in to the trash)! frogger-your co-worker sure does sound like a pain in the neck. hi amarantha, eydie, and to all our lovely queens! thinking of you all.

wsw
07-02-2005, 07:32 PM
today, 1540 cals; exercised.

Amarantha2
07-02-2005, 09:17 PM
:cheer: Wsw!!!! You are really doin' well!!! Also sounds like you had a lovely time just enjoying the AC 'n Casablanca! It's hot where I am, too. Wish I had "Casablanca" ... must get a copy of that.

:queen: s, the short version (long one on my journal) is that the data from the Fitday PC showed me that I was underestimating my activity level and I revamped my calorie level and goal date for reaching 130. New goal is September 25 ... new average weekly calorie goal is 1766 ... theoretically I could lose .92 pound a week at that ... dunno. Goin' for it! :)

Just love this software. It's much better than the online version and gave me some real insight.

Gotta go rest ... working again tomorrow, not to mention the 4th, the fifth, 6th, etc. ...

Amarantha2
07-03-2005, 07:26 AM
I think in the throes of me-me-ness, I neglected to extend a rousin' HAPPY CANADA DAY to the :queen: s up north!!!! So, here it is: HCD!!!

I personally will be doin' another short challenge starting today but haven't formulated it yet, I know I will be addin' the "decluttering" goal also ... and that encompass the penance yard work as well ... I have piles to do out there since I'm not hiring people to do it ... I'd also think that keeping up with work (assuming I don't leave the job for now) would be in the "decluttering" category. Hard to think and to focus on health when there's chaos in life.

IDEAS ON WHETHER THE ROYALS WOULD LIKE TO DO A NEW CHALLENGE AND THREAD AFTER THE FOURTH AND WHAT SHOULD BE ITS TARGET!!!???? :) Yes, no, maybe? :)

There aren't any holidays in, say, August, so maybe some enterprisin' :queen: should make one up?!!!! Hmmmm ... anyone? ... here's a chance to go down in history as the founder of a completely new and amazing diet-fitness-health-related holiday ...

aria2000
07-03-2005, 09:52 AM
JULY 3rd

Calories ~ 2035 :fr:
Walking ~ 50 minutes
Decluttering ~ tons of papers, lol

Will try to do better today.
Yesterday we saw "Howl's Walking Castle" movie.
It was great!

Amarantha2
07-03-2005, 11:23 AM
[oolor=blue]"Howl's Walking Castle" ... ? :laugh: sounds scary 'n appropriate for thee (apropos "walking"), Aria!!!

Dinna worrit 'bout those cals, you'll likely have burned 'em declutterin' ...

Exactly as the data in my new software predicted, I did not gain nor lose any weight, so am sorta pleased w'that! I revamped my challenge time frame to be at 130 by September 25.

Actually, I WAS WRONG (I know, you can hardly believe it, right?) ... there are tons of holidays in September ... besides the well-known ones, I found "National Comic Book Day" on my goal day, September 25. But because I don't reaaaaaally know that is actually a holiday or just someone's top-o-head idea, I am declaring my own generic holiday on that date: Silly September Sunday.

I will write about my Silly September Sunday challenge in a new journal I'm going to start in the land far far away. Later ... [/color]

Kaylets
07-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Hello all!

Thanks for your support.... slowly we learn as we go..... DH decided the best way to deal w/ the familial stress this morning was to go to the gym and by time we finished bikes and then treadmill he was a little brighter....
The way things look this instant, DS is still not willing to get honest. And when he was told we knew he was not being honest, tried to tell us we were mistaken and when that didnt work, that we were overreacting......

In just the 3 days of since the saga began again, DH's blood pressure headaches and other blood pressure symptons are showing....

Thanks all for your support... its good to have a place to vent ....

Empress... I like the idea of inventing a holiday! Certainly we can do better than the Comic Book Holiday!
Good for you finding a choc soy milk !! DH and I are experimenting w/ soy milk too but verrrrryyyyyy slowly..... So far, I can only take it mixed w/something...but found that it does make you feel very full when mixed that way...
We found another type of quinoa ( this is reddish...) yesterday which we found tastes exactly the same as the white quinoa we tried last week.... and the red is just as filling....

Congrats to all who participated in the challenge... the first step is always the hardest and so much more than we give ourselves credit ....

Think it would be a great time for tea

KETTLE IS ON

kikilai
07-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Hi guys and quick question! (It's so nice to hear all the support).
I see many people are counting their calories, does this help? I'm working 12 hours today and am going to try not to pig out on ALMONDS!!!

Amarantha2
07-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Hi, Kikilai!!! :wave: Welcome to the Royal Court. Pull up a trestle table in the Great Hall and have a sup o' tea whilst ... the kettle's always on (Kaylets presides o'er the teapot at all hours o' the day 'n night just so's no one goes w'out)!

Congratulations on what I see by your stats is a good weight loss to date. I also love choppin' goals into manageable bits ...

I can only speak for myownself re calorie counting; for me, it is key. I also enjoy it, but I'm weird. The second key for me, since February has been to virtually eliminate refined sugar and white flour (with backslidin' allowed) from my diet ... calorie counting won't do a thing for me if I start eating those items again.

To all, I did declare my Silly September Sunday Challenge on my journal ... 130 by September 25 ... will spare ya the fantasy that goes w' the story of the challenge ... my first week's event in this is to stay at or below the cal target that my diet software came up with to reach this weight by this date: 1728 ... will track that on the journal, get a rose if succeeding, DIRE consequences append if transgressions occur ... will spare ya the grisly details, they'll be on the journal! :lol:

A sub goal is to declutter every day ... as inspired by :queen: ly court.

aria2000
07-03-2005, 02:53 PM
:lol: Amarantha! Never even crossed my mind (about the "walking" castle)!
Actually it is rated G, I think.
Just very well thought and done.

Amarantha2
07-03-2005, 04:30 PM
:lol: Aria!!! :wave:

I'd love to go on a walkin' tour of Scottish castles, wouldn't you?

Hmmm. I am braindead. Just finished work ... will also work tomorrow covering the Fourth ... and all the days of the week following, come to think of it.

Anyhow, first day of my challenge is going well so far and I DID do some decluttering.

Sounds better than "cleaning" somehow.

Kaylets
07-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Hello all!

Time to call it a night soon.....

Just letting you all know, I am thinking of all of you.
Things here are quiet. DH is emotionally drained .... the gym this morning helped. Interesting how now that I wonder if most of the weight gain here was the real true, stress stuffing, emotion plugging, etc, etc..... Its just amazing how serene the castle is right now...... and its because both DH and I are very confident that DS will not be on the doorstep w/ his hand out.

We are tentatively going ahead w/ our plans tomorrow. Only be away from the house long enough to go to a gathering. And be back by nightfall.
We;ll see how emotions feel come morning.

My editing is awful tonight. And I will emulate the Empress and refuse to correct!

Kettle is on!

wsw
07-03-2005, 08:24 PM
kikilai-welcome to the royal court!

amarantha-good for you on doing so well on the first day of your new challenge, including decluttering!

cals: 1575
exercised.
de-cluttered.

a good evening to all in the summer palace.

aria2000
07-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Amarantha: I was mistaken! The title of that movie is :"Howl's Moving Castle", NOT "walking".
But, close enough I think, lol.
I did check the French translation on the web and it says "ambulant", which is closer to walking then in English.

anagram
07-04-2005, 03:30 AM
Good Middle of the Night, Royals. Seems that's when I'm at my best anymore. Scanned and know I'm missing so much. happy anniversary, Eydie. And sorry about ds problems, Kaylets.

I had made a mental goal to get back to my water at least for this challenge and I managed that a bit. Finally braved a scale a few days ago and found I had not gained the five or ten pounds I had expected and deserved considering my horrible diet of late.

Otherwise, Wise Ones, I am living a nightmare. DH is in a long term acute facility for "rehab". He's on a ventilator and dialysis - it's more than three weeks since he was in "our world". He seemed to be a little more aware yesterday. I'm trying to be my royal self but it's becoming more difficult. And suddenly in the middle of the night I'm hit by the financial repercussions of all of this. Not what you want to think of when your real concern is the health (life) of someone you love but a reality. So now I must choose a good lawyer and get some help in the event things go certain ways.
(We've had lawyers before and have all the basic stuff but I want a specialist in what I need.)

Thank God for my children. DS has been my stalwart - taken many days leave to be here. DD too has made many sacrifices and spent much time but not as available to her because of the dear princesses. They are at some loss dealing with the changes and (I like to think) don't quite "get" why their Mimi isn't playing with them as much.

Maybe today will bring a bit more progress. Will be thinking of the court and wishing you all the best. Even checking in has become most difficult as my computer time is mostly just mailing out a short daily summary to a short list of family/friends. Thank God for cybertalk, Very time saving.

Kaylets
07-04-2005, 07:16 AM
Anagram!!! I can't even imagine what you are going through.... You are very wise to turn over the financials to a lawyer .... There are too many other priorities and you know best ......
Thanks for stopping by even though you must feel like there are so many other things waiting.....
I am thrilled that both your children are there for you......

((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))) ) and (((((((((((((((((((((((((hug ))))))))))))))))))))))) again. I am posting this now hoping you will see it.........

Sending lots and lots of healing thoughts to your kingdom!

Kaylets

Amarantha2
07-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Thank you for thinkin' o' the court today, Anagramatic, with all that ya have on your plate! Adding to the healin' vibes comin' in thy direction 'n thy family's and especially dh! Good thinkin' on gettin' a lawyer whose specialty matches thy need ... we know thou art wise 'n stalwart (well, you're one o' US, after all) but this is all so hard on thee right now, so stay strong but take time for yourself as much as practical ... come back with more reports. The Towel Boys have put a light in the window with thy name on it.

Happy Fourth of July to all U.S. :queen: s ... I am goin' back to bed, having made a deal in my journal with EEC (Evil Exercise Crone, who is determined that I reach my weight/fitness goals since I bought the new diet software) to exercise MORE than logged last Monday in the software (retroactively, since I did not buy it until Thursday) ... will also be workin' a parade and 4th events later ...

aria2000
07-04-2005, 09:19 AM
JULY 3

Calories ~ 1740
Walking ~ 20 minutes
Decluttering ~ tons of papers

Thinking of you, Anagram.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Amarantha2
07-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Decluttered for 12 minutes! :)

Amarantha2
07-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Hi, Aria!!! Good job on yesterday!!!! :)

I love this flag smilie but he'll probably revert to his normal self tomorrow!

:) :) :) :)

deleted2
07-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Welcome, Kikilai! Were you able to avoid those wily almonds? Do you have a food/exercise plan that you follow?

Thinking of you, Anagram...

DH is doing the right thing [as you know], Kaylets.

Aria, you're inspiring me with your decluttering campaign! I've said it so many times: 'how does it all accumulate?'

Weigh in today: 137 pounds. :) Not down to my goal of 135 but there it is. Hope springs eternal for our next challenge!

wsw
07-04-2005, 01:13 PM
anagram-sending you warm thoughts and lots of hugs!!! you are strong and wise. this must be such an unspeakably hard time for you. please take good care of yourself. sending all the best to dh and you.

thinking of you all on this 4th of july!

stuck to my challenge pretty well. now, i will forge ahead with even smaller-portioned, healthier food plan, and hopefully the scale will begin to move downward and reflect this hard work. well, take care, all.

aria2000
07-05-2005, 09:02 AM
JULY 4
Calories ~ 1870
Walking ~ 50 minutes
Decluttering ~ yes

Amarantha2
07-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Just posted on thy journal re thy new challenge, Aria, great idea!!! WTG!!

And you are also inspiring moi with decluttering and I did some today.

WTG also to thee, wsw, for stickin' to food plan on Fourth and now makin' the decision to FORGE AHEAD ... always the right direction.

E, you are doin' a stalwart job as usual and are doin' very well w' BFL ... I lurked at the thread today but didn't have time to post ... will later. Keep up the great work!

As for moi, I'm gonna double post at ya :queen: s from my journal to let ya all know what's goin' on eatin' wise 'n challenge wise w' me ... I WOULD ALSO BE WONDERIN' IF YE ALL WANNA DO A NEW CHALLENGE WITH A SPRIGHTLY NEW THREAD, AS THE TWO INDEPENDENCE DAYS BE OVER? Ideas, takers to be the thread starter? Let's get someone up to the plate here 'n run w'it ... the towel boys are restless ... hmmm, that could be a GOOD thing, though.

I've started to think like Martha.

Here's my journal entry, in case anyone thinks I need medication (someone on 3FC once asked me if I needed medication when I started postin' 'bout aliens), no thanks, I'm ok:

ATTENTION EARTHLINGS RESIDING IN THE PEACEFUL 'N ORDERLY (thanks to us of the Universal Dietary Law Consortium, who have so generously donated of our time to end the choatic state of BAD EATING you were all engaged in before we sent our agents Evil Diet Nanny and Evil Exercise Crone to watch over ya), listen up:

In the spirit of the new silliness that hath settled over thy environs on the heels of the declaration of the new holiday: Silly September Sunday, we are kindly offerin' the following deal. Today is Diet Amnesty Day, meaning we will foregoe the DIRE CONSEQUENCES o' flunkin' the challenge yesterday (to eat no more than 1728 cals for seven days) to all challenge participants who EXERCISE MORE THAN THEY EXERCISED LAST TUESDAY. This should not be hard as NO EXERCISE AT ALL was performed last Tuesday, so even a minute or two should do the job.

We are, as always, generous to the core. Please log relevant exercise into the dietary software and post it and we will update your account to remove the DIRE CONSEQUENCES! Have a super day! Transmission ends ... ~ Roving Right Food Think Report No. 5001, Dietary Year One Million

frogger
07-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Well, i guess I didn't make my goals. I've gained 2 lbs. BOOOOOOO!!! I gave in to my temptations this weekend. I had ice cream, I had pizza, I had cinnamon sticks from pizza hut. Dang...think I'm PMSing.

I did do well today. I've had eggs, sausage and ham for breakfast. Just finished a piece of baked fish, greenbeans, and 1 deviled egg for lunch. It's a good thing I like eggs......

Amarantha2
07-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Stuck at work ... 'n discovered the Flylady site ... lots of stuff on there about decluttering. Heavens, it's as if this fly person is describing ME in all the content! I need to get a grip ... declutter, declutter, declutter! :)

Hi, Froggie, looks like a good menu today!

I'll be takin' a lil vacation from the palace for a few days ... talk w'ye later, :queen: s!

frogger
07-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Morning Royals!

Ate popcorn last night at the movie. That was my one treat yesterday. I'm sorry, but I HAVE to have popcorn when I'm at the movies. I only at maybe 2 cups. No extra butter or salt. Other than that dinner was a salad and broccoli and cheese soup.

I haven't had anything today. Looking to go upstairs to the cafe and see what I can get that healthy. Maybe some fruit this morning. (even though I am low carbing, I have never omited fruit even before when I lost all that weight).

Back later!

aria2000
07-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Weekly Weigh-in: 157
Average for this week: 1885 calories and 29 minutes walking

JULY 5
Calories ~2180
Walking ~ 20
Decluttering ~ no

Today is a new day and I will drink lots of water, do a longer walk (hopefully it won't rain) and keep the calories lower.
I bought some whole wheat wraps to make a vegetable one for lunch.
Have a great day everyone! :balloons:

Kaylets
07-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Hello all!

Go figure I would miss Diet Amnesty day...... Ah well..... probably a lucky break for me in the long run....

Don't you just love when vacations end??
That was sarcasm in case you were wondering.....

Job is SO busy that the first time in a year they are offering OverTime in unliminted, work all you want, just work,work ,work...

We'll see how long that lasts.... I 've managed to get a few hours in but the real prize will be an hrs I can pick up on Sat....

Thanks again all for you support.

We had a great time at the gathering and enjoyed folks we hadnt seen in a long time. DS didn't call nor did he appear until the following evening. DH was on his way to pick me up so DH had an "out" but then this am as we left the house, DS was on our front porch " becuase of the heavy rains"....
He was told again that the answers are not here, that he must resolve his issues for himself. So far this evening has been quiet.

So....

My appetite is back. And frankly, this is very hard when you know you are at your best weight.... your mind plays games like " well, you know you could get away w/ gaining 1 or 2 lbs..."
BE GONE Trigger thoughts!! Give me nice crusty full grained bread w/ bowls of
thick vegetable soup... ( Yes, I know its pretty warm to be eating soup)...

I have some declutterign to do myself. And most of it tonight is on the ironing board....

You can't start until you start."
---Kaye Letskus

Question of the day :

"What is your usual time to start the day?"

ok, I have to do some things....
Empress....

I am confused... is it the Silly September Challenge you want us to vote on??

Help me out, I 'm on return from vacation overload....

KETTLE IS ON!

Amarantha2
07-07-2005, 03:30 AM
Hi :queen: s!!! Still kind of takin' a break from postin' ... just in brevity mode, I guess.

Nay, :queen: K, :) dinna mean I wanted ya to vote on Silly September Challenge ... that's just my personal challenge (though anyone is free to join me in spirit). I think I AM confusin' folks by postin' my journal entries here and won't do anymore ... I just wanted to know if we're plannin' on moving on to a new challenge since our Firecracker Challenge is, well, over (Canada Day and U.S. Fourth)! I just like having new challenges and shorter threads, I think! :cb:

Aria, whole wheat wraps/tortillas are the greatest!!! I've been livin' on 'em lately!

Froggie: How do you make your deviled eggs?

K, sorry thy work's so busy ... or is that good because of the OT? (overtime) ... I don't get overtime, no matter how long I work, it's always the same amount ... I would like to get overtime someday!

Anagramatic, sendin' thoughts your way!

Wsw! :wave:

Arabella, where art thou?

Punkin, ditto!

night, all ... I am braindead!

aria2000
07-07-2005, 08:19 AM
JULY 6
Calories ~ 1485 :)
Walking ~ no :(
Decluttering ~ yes :dizzy: (where does all this paper come from???)

Amarantha ~ there are also: getorganizednow.com and organizedhome.com that you might find interesting.

Amarantha2
07-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks, Aria!!!! :wave: Wow, does this mean there are other muddled 'n cluttered and always-behind-in-work-home-and-life people just like me? :lol: Who'da thunk it?

frogger
07-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Amarantha-I'm simple when it comes to the deviled eggs. Just mash the yokes up with mayo, a squirt or 2 of regular mustard, couple of splashes of cider vinegar (or whatever you have on-hand) and a table spoon or so of sweet relish if I have it. Squirt into the whites, and sprinkle with paprika. Voila!!! I know a lady that uses the veggie cream cheese in her deviled eggs instead of mayo. Different and still yummy.

Still the pit of hades here at work. If I have to stay here much longer, you may see me on the 5 o'clock news. They're either going to be carrying me away in a white coat because I went crazy or handcuffed to a big huge cop because I strangled my coworker with his own tie. :dizzy: Currently looking at alternatives via my company. Nothing is looking promising though.

A big hello to all. Be on later!

Kaylets
07-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Hello all!

Ok Empress.... a new challenge.. short but meaningful...hmmmmmm
how about
from this coming weekend to....

Aug 14?? I dunno....
We call it.... Simply Summer Challenge....or something much more Royal and funny too...

What do you think Royals???

And how bout that royal reunion Empress.... now that the 4th is behind us and so many folks might be back from their holiday....

So far, uneasy quiet here on the homefront. DH holding his ground although he 'd so much wish everything was so entirely different....
But this is one of those things that will see what the three of us are made of....

Frogger.... There certainly is nothing worse when you are unhappy at your job... Don't want to bring up bad memories but it sure must beat that awful, crazy 2 hr commute you used to do b/4 the Princess was born....

To everyone, apologies for being brief but I have things to do... yes, OverTime is a wonderful when it comes but eats up lots of time too.....

Here's today's thought:

Thought of the day :

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."
---- Richard Bach

Question of the day :

"What do you think about traffic cameras ?"

Take care all!

Amarantha2
07-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Aaaack, :queen: K, I didn't think anyone was going to respond so I just posted one ... I'll delete it right away as I like yours!!! Will ya post it!!!?

Late for work, gotta go!

Amarantha2
07-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Well, they have it fixed so the thread can't be deleted. Just ignore that one and let it die, ok, guys!!! K, will you post yours?

Gotta go!

Amarantha2
07-08-2005, 01:15 AM
Well, :queen: s, I've never done this before in my whole career but I walked out of a meeting I was covering tonight ... long grim story that I won't go into.

Very bummed out but glad I did it. Have already told the employer who is fine with it ... don't know if I plan to return to this beat.

Didn't resort to candy, even though I stopped at a convenience store specifically to get some.

I tried to delete the challenge I posted (see above) ... it won't delete. Just ignore it.

Later ...

aria2000
07-08-2005, 09:14 AM
JULY 7
Calories ~ 1615
Walking ~ 65 minutes :)
Decluttering ~ my "favorites" files in Windows :lol:

frogger
07-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Morning. It's a dreary rainy day here in DC. Took me 3 hours to get to work today because of commuter train issues. I even took the early train so that I could skip out early today. Guess that's not happening....

Stuffing my face at the moment. Only with oatmeal, but it's SOOO not low carb. I just really felt like a dish of oatmeal would make me feel better about having to be here. It hasn't..... :( but it was good. Made my tummy hurt though, haven't had this much carbos in a while.

more later nosie rosie is looking over my shoulder...

wsw
07-08-2005, 07:36 PM
last few days, cals: 1275,1530, 1080; exercised each day-yes.

heat getting to me big time, so having to lay very low within my a/c'd 4 walls. friend visited the other day with her 2 year old baby. really enjoyed it! wishing all royals a good evening.

Amarantha2
07-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi, wsw, Aria 'n Froggie!!!! :wave:

I am in super hurry to get to park walkin' with pard so apologies for lack o' responses ... I read and enjoy everyone's posties, so dinna think when I'm in brevity or lurkin' mood that I don't appreciate seein' all denizens o' the palace lurkin' around 'n about the place.

Towel Boys, included.

Sorry for the confusion o' postin' a new thread and then saying I wanted to delete it ... I just wanted us to use K's idea instead ... but anyhow, seems some are movin' to the one I started and some postin' here so I think I'll go on over to the new one and leave the light in the castle window for wandering :queen: s and hopin' we'll all be in the same digs soon.

aria2000
07-09-2005, 09:09 AM
JULY 8
Calories ~ 1960
Walking ~ 60 minutes (window shopping!)
Decluttering ~ preparing for trip

Arabella
07-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Ok -- I'm officially confused! Where are we posting now? (I'll be back!)

Amarantha2
07-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Hi, Arabella!! :wave: Hi, Aria!!! :wave:

I think it was me who confused the Royal folketttes here. I'll be back when y'all work it out as me poor brain be not adequate to figure 'er out! :lol:

I am having a good day as I officially decided to take the day off even with piles o' work here to do for the job from h*ll!

Found the UNSWEETENED soymilk in not only chocolate but vanilla and almond flavors. No added sugar (soybeans have some natural sugar), no sugar alcohols, no freakin' Splenda, no maltodextrin, no dextrose, no evaporated freakin' cane juice (sugar), no turbinado (sugar), no asparmate (sp?), no nuttin' ... a few stabilizers and some "natural" flavorings that I don't believe can be sugar so I'm not worried about 'em.

I am as happy a camper as I can be given the fact that I am demoralized and bummed out by recent job problems (e.g., public humiliation).

aria2000
07-09-2005, 08:22 PM
:goodvibes Chin up, Amarantha!

Amarantha2
07-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks, Aria! :wave:

I'm obsessing right now, actually, which is translating into postin' on forums all over the net and flippin' through fitness magazines lookin' for exercise routines I'll never do.

I need to quit my job ... I need to find a peaceful job.

I need to be a people greeter in a store.

I would be good at that.

aria2000
07-10-2005, 09:02 AM
JULY 9

Calories ~ 1455 :)
Walking ~ 50 minutes
Decluttering ~ Tons of music scores

Kaylets
07-10-2005, 01:38 PM
HEllo all....

Empress... who is daring to tarnish the royal reputation of the Empress??
Heads off!!

Aria-- COuld use some of your decluttering right about now....

Wsw... GOOD FOR YOU !! and in the heat too!

Short story-- Thurs about 9 pm, during an enormous Thunder and Lightening Storm, DS showed up .... Since then, he's been sleeping here. Leaving when we do.
This morning, I cannot find my keys... yes, they are all together on one big key ring...

Have been searching since dawn... my car is still in the driveway but I don't know what to think....

DH asked DS if the keys were seen around .....

I am literally going thru everything one piece at a time ....

Am sick about it.

and will go back shortly to start a new search in a different room.....

as for this thread.....

Its time to close it.

Although the Empress isnt sure she likes the title of the new one she started, its been started so we need to start posting there....:) !

So, I'm off.....
W/ a duplicate post of the the same story....

Amarantha2
07-10-2005, 03:12 PM
:lol: K!!! You are sweet to post twice!!!

Sorry about the stress you're under ... you'll find the keys, though. Take a breather ...

aria2000
07-11-2005, 08:15 AM
JULY 10
Calories ~ 1990
Walking ~ 10 minutes
Decluttering ~ cleaning a lot