Old 06-23-2005, 08:49 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Thursday in the Coop ...June 23/05

Morning

Its another beautiful sunny day in buffalo!!

Im still op, even with the applybee's santa fe salad last night

I'll check back later when there is more happening.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:54 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Robin: You and I started posting at the same time. I can't delete mine-sorry!! Glad to hear you did well even with the Applebee's

Well, it's going to be hot here today. Glad I don't live in a state where it's ALWAYS hot EVERY day. I guess I can survive a couple hot days. Eating wise it's going good. Still feeling pretty good even though I've been pigging out on strawberries. It could be worse, right?!?! How about you all----you all getting this heat wave??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:57 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

maybe leenie will come by and join us

strawberries arent really that bad, I forget the carb count, but its better than some of the other carb selections. Good for you too!
Old 06-23-2005, 09:05 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Robin: Did you use sure-gel for the rhubarb freezer jam? I use the quick method (no cook method or whatever it's called) and it said no substitutes for sugar could be used. Would LOVE to have some LC strawberry jam!!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:17 PM   #5  

Hi ladies! My throat is feeling much better today (thank goodness!).

Robin - Yum! I love the Applebee's Santa Fe Chx Salad! Now you've got me craving it!

Brenda - Better to pig out on strawberries than strawberry ice cream! The other day I slipped and had several chocolate covered strawberries. I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

I think we've ony had 3 or 4 hot days here in Lake Arrowhead so far, but then we're in the mountains. If we go down the hill and into San Bernardino though, its pretty darn hot! And now we have those fires going on and this heat and lack of humidity is definately NOT helping matters!

I'll check back later. Have a great day!
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:22 PM   #6  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

Supposed too be 98 today, which means I bet it hits 100 . Talk about a scorcher ladies. I can use the outrdoors as a sweat box Again, I did really well yesterday. Today I got some NOT SO GOOD NEWS from Chris * My DH*. He may not have a Job by the end of this month. LONG STORY.......And I have tell you all I wanted too do was EAT everything in sight, and I DIDN'T and haven't so far. I ate an Apple instead. So I am really proud of that right there. I am a stress eater. If I could pat my own back I would

I just need too get motivated too do some excercise. I know, I think I said this yesterday. I'm off too my moms too bulbber too her. Need a bit of a shoulder. Will Check back for Personals

BTW, what does OP mean?

Enjoy Ladies.......
Melissa70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:02 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

Melissa~ be very proud of yourself for eating an apple!! Thats the type of news that used to send me thru a box of hoho's!! You did good!!! Op means, on-plan.

Brenda~ I just tossed the rhubarb in a big pot added just enough water in the bottom of the pot to keep it from burning before the rhubarb started releasing its own juices...then I just added splenda to taste, tossed it in small glad containers and froze them. Each container is only about a cups worth, because I only use a tsp or 2 at a time, so it lasts a long time. I did some searching the recipe sites and forums, and for the freezer stuff, they said if I didnt really want to use the preservatives, not to bother. Id just try cooking down a small pot of strawberries....add splenda to your taste, then freeze it. See how it turns out. Mine is a bit runny,(I should have simmered it a bit more) but thats ok, its sits just fine ontop of the ff cream cheese I know it sounds too simple to be true, but it works.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:57 PM   #8  

Hey Melissa - I'm a stress eater too, so I know where you're coming from. Its a big thing to eat an apple when you're stressed instead of say, an entire package of Oreos. Good job! Imagine me patting you on the back right now!

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's job - that's terrible. But I'm the type of person that believes everything happens for a reason, so try to stay positive. Things WILL work out!

Take care!
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote