Height: 5'7

Talking Yada, Yada, Yada

This is what I'm doing this weekend:

http://www.pkdcure.org/2005conference.htm

What are you doing?
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:29 PM   #2  
...toward a better me!

Pack warm-weather clothes, SAPF! It's been a bit toasty in CA this past week (although not hot at night). No humidity, so you'd be right in commenting that Californians are weather wimps, but we seem to have finished with Spring all together.
cecilyisworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:12 AM   #3  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

SAPF, have a safe trip! And I hope you have some fun!

This weekend I will be working, of course, as a server I don't get weekends off as that is when we are busy. I am hoping/needing to make some decent money this week, while we've been busier at work we've also had tons of servers on! Last Sunday morning we had 19 servers! NINETEEN! So we had teeny-tiny 3 table sections, then to make things even worse, 2 of my 3 tables got moved into another server's section so I had nothing in sales therefore made nothing in tips! UGH! Used to be able to make at least $70 (on a bad day!) in my 5 hour shift on Sundays. Not anymore now that they've gotten a new general manager and he's been "trying new ways of doing things". Yuck! Been working at the same restaurant for 2 years but I've been thinking it is time for a new job!
Ok, feel better now I've gotten that off my chest. Please excuse my venting over here. On a more positive note: The weather has been awesome! About 85 F during the day, low humidity and about 70 F at nite! It can stay this way until October at least! LOL
Still no luck, fixing my bike. Borrowed a book from the library about bike repair and got some ideas to try. Crossing my fingers that they work.

Well, I'll stop babbling now.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:33 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Have a safe trip SAPF!

Laura, I hope your work situation goes better for you this weekend. Enjoy the weather and GL with the bike!!

Our annual church picnic is this Sunday. It's always a lot fun (with a lot of food!). For some reason we always have more desserts than any other food type. Instead of bringing the mayo-laden potato salad that I'm supposed to bring, I'm going with a simple fruit salad. Fruit has been my number-one craving during this pregnancy. That, along with the fact that I can't stand anything with tomato sauce on it (including pizza), has really helped me from gaining weight so far during the preg.
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:43 AM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

SAPF - Have a nice time at the conference!! Hope you get lots of helpful information.

taekwondomom - I hope 3 people call off and you get lots of tables!! If you gotta work you might as well work hard and make lots of cash!!!

hautbois - Have fun at your picnic!

I'm sorry if I have kinda scarce lately. We finally sold the house and are busy trying to find somewhere to live. I am also trying to pack. I have never had to pack up a whole house before and am not looking forward to it! And my garden is more weeds than plants right now. So this weekend I'll be weeding and packing!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #6  
Jennifer

Awww, Sandi, moving is the *worst*. I despise it sooo much. It's just so stressful feeling insecure about something so elemental as where you're going to live. We'll be going through that (on a smaller scale, as we don't own) sometime in October or November, when we'll need to find a new apartment. So I feel for ya, babe! Good luck packing everything up.

Things here are good. I think we're getting a group together to go to the Coney Island Mermaid Parade on Saturday. It's always so much fun to see the crazy costumes and walk on the boardwalk. I just need to stay away from the food vendors, and I'll be fine (easier said than done -- I have a weakness for Jamaican Beef Patties!).

Have a safe and fun trip, SAPF, try to hang in there at work, taekwandomom (I bet you could make some light work of some of those new servers with a single roundhouse ), and enjoy the church picnic, hautbois! Have a great weekend, everybody! (Ugh, now I've got myself convinced it starts tonight instead of tomorrow! Too bad...)
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:20 AM   #7  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Have a good time at your Conference SAPF.

Have fun at your picnic Donna.

Sandi! for heavens sake what are you doing weeding if your going to be moving? LOL I would let the next family worry about that.

That sounds like fun Jennifer. I love to people watch.

We are goint to Maryland to meet a group of gardeners from a website we belong to. davesgarden.com. Then on the way home we are going to meet up with Sarah (lessofsarahtolove) and have dinner with her and Lorrain. I can't wait to meet them. We are going to sleep for a couple hours Friday night after I get off work and then head out around 4 or 5 in the morning. Should be there by 10:00am. It's going to be a tough food weekend. I'm going to have Saturday night as my treat meal and then eat healty at the resteraunt.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:27 AM   #8  

Sounds like great plans. It’s a good thing that some of you can meet in person once in a while….If one of you ever come to Montreal, let me know!!!

On my side of the border, it’s Saint-Jean Baptiste day tomorrow, Quebec’s national holiday. Even tough Quebec is not a country (yet), we are very proud to celebrate our identity. Since this means long week-end, tomorrow I’m going to the Laurentians in Mt. Tremblant sector with friends. We will be spending the day at the beach, and then in the evening, listen to a folk singer sitting around fire camp.
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 04:01 PM   #9  

Everyone's so busy - FUN FUN FUN FUN

I feel for ya 'movers' out there - we just relocated from Northern California to Austin, TX. though all of our stuff is in storage and we are in temporary housing....it's weird not having 'your stuff' - know what I mean? We don't get into our new home until late September/early October.

Anyway this weekend - I'm getting my hair cut on saturday - I am of course new here, but have been referred to someone so we'll see how that goes, then just hangout and Sunday is my 12th wedding annivesary and we're going to Sushi (easy for me to keep track of points there). Probably lots of swimming this weekend too and maybe a bike ride

WOW - did I just say I am excercising? WOW - who am I???

Anywho - glad its almost Friday!
CAtoTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:32 PM   #10  
Crazy Canuck

Popping in to make a quick "catch up" post which, knowing me, will likely go on forever.

As some have noticed (thanks for checking up on me, guys ) I've been absent for a few days. This has been due to an extremely stressful (and on-going) family medical crisis which has been pretty much occupying my total mind and time. Ahhh, but that's life and I know we all must go through this at one time or another. Thus, I'm finding it difficult to visit any of my regular internet haunts to make pithy posts (or even record my eats), let alone be "journal buddy thread enforcer" and all-around smartass right now. As I've told those who've inquired though, no doubt I'll be back to terrorize the forum shortly.

Apryl (who I've been privately training to be my eventual "board b*tch" successor ), will be back tomorrow from her conference and wouldn't it be nice for her to see a bunch of congratulatory posts on her return? Yes, once again Apryl has ended the school year by receiving all A's in her finals and has maintained her 4.0 average. Way to go Apryl!!

Jennifer – I saw your camping pictures and have to tell you how proud I am – even though you're smiling happily in the "before" pic, you're positively glowing in the recent ones. As wonderful as you look though, it’s the fact that you can be so physically active now that's even more exciting - you're our new hiking . You've made remarkable progress!

I haven't seen Mabear (Catherine) post in a couple of days…do you think number 11 is here?? And Kimberlie is about to become a momma to more than just "Inca". This is all very exciting and I hope we hear about the new arrivals as quickly as possible (don't they provide laptop computers in delivery rooms now?)

How wonderful that Howie and Kimberley have the opportunity to meet up with Sarah and Lorraine! We hope you'll share the total experience with us (and that includes pictures!!) Make sure you all give each other a huge from everyone here!

To everyone who's lost (or gained) weight, had a NSV (or experienced a disappointment), got off track (or back on again) had a birthday (anniversary, etc.), posted something funny (or sad), inspired and motivated (or needed inspiration and motivation) and joined (or rejoined) this forum in the last couple of days – I say thanks for being here and I'll be catching up and reading all the posts soon (I'll probably not comment on them all, but be assured I'll take them all to heart.)

Last edited by Jillegal; 06-23-2005 at 09:34 PM. Reason: decided to add smilies ;)
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Whew! I was going to give you one more day before sending the RCMP to your doorstep. I hope things will start looking up soon for your family, Jilly.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:48 PM   #12  
...toward a better me!

Thumbs up

Apryl, that's wonderful!!!! Congratulations on your school successes!!! 4.0 is awesome!! What a fabulous way to start your summer!

cecilyisworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:27 AM   #13  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hello everyone. I'm getting excited now, I'm going over to the Canaries to see my family for the first time since Christmas (and at Christmas my sister was in Thailand, so it will be the first time we've been together since November). I've seen them all individually when they've popped over here, but not together, and I've not seen the pets. I'm missing the pets!

Anyway, I'll see how the weight loss goes over there, but if I just try to maintain for a week as I did in Greece I'll be happy. Well, I put 2lb on but it was all water, so that's OK. My mum does know what I'm doing and has been fairly supportive when she's been over here, so hopefully that will carry on and she'll not cook so much stodge. And maybe I won't live off beer, sangria and ice cream. Hmm.

We're going to a hotel on a different island for a break for a few days and they have a gym, so I'll take my gym stuff (first time I've ever taken THAT on holiday!), and I've also said I'll take my sister's dog for a bit of a run, so hopefully I'll get some exercise in. Plus I plan to swim lots, even if I don't get round to scuba diving.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:58 AM   #14  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Sorry about the family health concern, Jillegal. And even sorrier that it's drawn out. Wishing you strength and sending warm thoughts your way.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:36 AM   #15  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Me too, Jill.
Sending all my love, positive thoughts and support your way.

I hope that the situation has the smoothest outcome for everyone involved...my family has been there too...with many members passing away in a short span of years...the cancer monster took five aunts and uncles in about four years.

My heart truly goes out to you and your family.

We REALLY miss you here.
xoxox
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote