100 lb. Club - Weekly Journal Buddy Thread 22 to 29 June

artist
06-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Well, I thought we deserved a new thread.......so here it is!

I am pleased to report that I had a good day....which is definitely progress in the right direction.

Cappucino
2 quarter sandwiches (egg mayo, prawn)....best options available at lunch provided in meeting
Banana
Gazpacho
Salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, mint and yogurt dressing
Chicken breast
Cherries
Strawberries

20 min walk
20 min swim

silver7
06-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Well The Scale Is Not Moving But I Look Smaller And Great News Yesterday I Fit Comfortably In A Size 18 Dress!!!!!!!!!!!!! It Is A Straight Cut. And I Saw A Few Stares;) But I Really Want The Scale To Move From 245.5. It Frustrauting But I'll Keep Working Hard. I Think I Need To Work Out More Or Work On Keep My Water Intake Up (i've Been Drinking Juices And Soft Drimks Lately)

cecilyisworking
06-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Happy Wednesday, everyone! May I tell you all how I really like posting my food here? More than once I've stopped myself from eating something by thinking-- "I don't want to have to tell them I ate THAT..." :nono: ) Here's me today:

Breakfast: Eggbeaters with spinach and mushrooms, 1 cup sliced fruit

Lunch: 1/2 turkey sandwich (turkey, lettuce, tomato, mustard, 1 slice whole wheat bread), 1 cup vegetable soup -- I'm getting really tired of this for lunch, but our work cafe has been on this comfort food spree lately, damn them. Oh, the fried things I've passed up! You could SMELL the calories getting off the elevator. I'm too lazy to bring my lunch

Dinner: Broiled chicken breast w/ dijon mustard, baby zucchini, tomato, 1 oz honey whole wheat pretzels, nectarine

Snack: FF yogurt

Exercise: My brain is thinking up excuses (the heat, my skinless ankle, etc.)-- I'll report back if I win the battle with my brain!
Water: 50 oz, ice tea, diet coke

taekwondomom
06-23-2005, 01:41 AM
June 22, 2005, *Wednesday*

Breakfast: Personal Pizza, Large Salad with no calorie and low-fat dressings (yes, I really ate that for breakfast-LOL)

Lunch: Kashi 7 Grain Granola Bar

Dinner: Large Salad with no calorie and low-fat dressings and 3! :o :o :o Turkey Hotdogs with Buns and lots of ketchup (that's what I get for not eating a bigger lunch and skipping snacks! Yikes!)

Snacks:

Beverages: 16 oz choc/vanilla soymilk, 80 oz water, 20 oz strawberry flavored sparkling beverage (calorie free)

Exercise:
8 minute moves
1.25 hour Tae Kwon Do

artist
06-23-2005, 05:54 AM
Cecily - I find it really helps posting my food/exercise too! Well done on avoiding the work cafe comfort food!

Laura - And what is wrong with pizza for breakfast?! Its good to break with convention, you know! And skipping meals.....not terribly good for the blood sugar levels and metabolism, or so they say!

BethC
06-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Good morning everyone! I have PT this morning, it's become a joke w/some my friends because I really look forward to going... first of all my knee is doing much better and I've been able to do cardio for 45 mins for the first time since March when I did whatever I did to it. And of course, I have this really HUGE crush on the the PT guy. I feel like I'm back in high school or something. Whatever it is, last time I actually giggled while doing leg lifts :o

Anyway, I was ok yesterday until dinner, when we went out with a cousin of mine that I haven't seen in a long time who's getting married, I don't know why I chose what I chose, I guess for one moment the old Beth snuck back in, because I love Chicken parm! The good news is that I ate about 1/3 to 1/2 and I was satisfied, the bad news is that it pushed me over my points for the day. Well, today is all new again...

Here's my food from yesterday...

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - ww muffin
5 - zone bar
2 - coffee
8 - mozzerella and tomato
10 - chicken parm
31 points (3 over)

Have a good day everyone!

synger
06-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Wednesday, June 22

Breakfast:
cottage cheese
banana
cantaloupe

Lunch:
baked fish
carrots
sweet potatoes
green beans

Dinner:
2 slices pepperoni pizza, with salsa for dipping
cherries

Snacks throughout the day:
2 mini sugar wafer cookies
2 slices of cheese after work

Drinks:
water, coffee

Calories:

Exercise:
five flights stairs, 20 minutes walking (to/from Metro)

taekwondomom
06-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Laura - And what is wrong with pizza for breakfast?! Its good to break with convention, you know! And skipping meals.....not terribly good for the blood sugar levels and metabolism, or so they say!

MMMM, pizza for breakfast. My kids thought it was funny, except my almost 7 year old who was offended. "Mommy, you can't have that for breakfast, that's dinner food." :lol: She cracks me up!
ACK-tell me about it! Got home from TKD and was so grumpy 'cuz I was so hungry! I was so busy with laundry and housework yesterday, I just grabbed the granola bar and decided to call it lunch. Then I skipped the snack I should have had before TKD which made it even worse. I've learned a valuable lesson.

artist
06-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Happy to say I had another good day.....ate lots of vegetables and went swimming....

Coffee
Salad, cherry tomatoes,chicken breast, mint and yogurt sauce
Fettucine with chicken, broccoli, various other vegetables
Grilled herring, roast vegetables, spicy spinach and vegetables, broccoli
Pineapple
Half a glass of red wine

20 min swim

cecilyisworking
06-23-2005, 11:58 PM
It was a good day, my friends. ;) Hope you all are doing well too!

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, 1 cup sliced fruit
Lunch: FF cottage cheese, one of those 100 cal snack thingies (pretty good for a salty fix, but made out of crappy ingredients), nectarine
Dinner: Broiled chicken breast, 1.5 cups haricot vert with 1 tsp butter
Snack: 1 serving frosted mini-wheats, skim milk

Water: I knew I forgot something... Darn it.
Exercise: 1 hour of heavy weeding & pruning in the heat. Argh.

I have house guests coming for tonight and staying through the weekend, a party Saturday, then a business trip all next week. Lord help me! I don't want to mess myself up!!!! :no:

taekwondomom
06-24-2005, 12:03 AM
*Thursday, June 23, 2005*

Breakfast: 2 Kashi Waffles topped with 3 tablespoons applebutter, 1 Golden Delicious Apple w/cream cheese dip

Lunch: Cheeseburger (lean beef patty, low-fat swiss cheese, lettuce, ketchup and honey mustard on "lite" wheat burger bun), 1 Turkey hotdog on bun with ketchup and honey mustard, 2 cups salad topped with 1/4 sunflower seeds, 3 TBS mini croutons, 2 TBS calorie free ranch dressing and 1 TBS low-fat french dressing

Dinner: 1 Roast Turkey wrap (Honey wheat tortilla topped with low-fat swiss cheese and lettuce), cooked baby carrots and broccoli topped with 1 tsp flax seed oil

Snacks: 1 Sundae Toppings Pudding cup (vanilla with caramel topping)

Beverages: 80 oz water, 20 oz strawberry flavored calorie free sparkling beverage, 16 oz choc soymilk

Exercise:
8 minute moves
1 hour 15 minutes swimming/chasing my kids around at the beach:beach:
25 minutes yoga*
*It was 93F:hot: today and way too hot in my house today to exercise. Thank goodness we're only 5 miles away from a decent beach!:cool: So anyway, I'm doing my exercise video tonite while it's cooler.

DishyFishy
06-24-2005, 02:41 AM
Glad to see you're perking up and back OP, Claire. :) Grilled herring--yum!

Hope you have a good weekend, Cecily! With good choices! ;)

Laura: Kashi this, Kashi that, "Kashi waffles"? Gordon Bennett! Is there anything Kashi doesn't make? :p I reckon the 3FC community keeps this company in business!

CassandraA
06-24-2005, 03:39 AM
6/23
Morning
-2 Waffles w/1.5tbsp Light Syrup
Afternoon
-1 Corn Cob, 1 Sugar Free Popsicle, 1 Sugar Free Fudgesicle
-45 RF Cheez-it's
-Honey Turkey Sandwich on wheat w/FF Cheese & Lettuce
Night
-4c Salad w/2.5oz Skinless Chicken Breast, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, 1.5tbsp Cheddar, 2tbsp Mozzarella, 4tbsp FF 1000 Island, 15 Large Croutons
Late
-1c Light Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
-1 SF Fudgesicle
Total: 1641 Calories, 40g Fat

BethC
06-24-2005, 09:24 AM
I had an interesting day yesterday, I was so busy and food just really wasn't a major issue for me.

So, I had my normal breakfast, a Zone bar for lunch because I was too busy to go to the cafeteria, then I had a 2pt bar as a snack, and went out with some friends to a race in Central Park. After the race we went to a bar, I had basically a sip of light beer all night. Went home and realized that I hadn't eaten, had a cheese stick and went to bed.

When I looked at my journal this morning, I realized that I had only eaten 15 points all day! That's not something that I've ever done before. Usually, I would have been so focused on not eating that I would have binged or, gotten drunk and then eaten whatever bar food there was, usually fried.

So, here's my food from yesteday...

2 - coffee
3 - ww muffin
1 - egg whites
5 - zone bar
2 - 2 pt bar
2 - string cheese
15 points (out of 28)

synger
06-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Breakfast:

cottage cheese
banana

Lunch:
ham and cheese on whole wheat
chicken chipotle soup
iced chai tea (what a treat!)

after work snack:
2 cups skim milk (so I don't kill someone)

dinner:
1 slice pepperoni pizza with salsa for dipping (that's the last of the pizza)
raspberries from the garden

taekwondomom
06-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Laura: Kashi this, Kashi that, "Kashi waffles"? Gordon Bennett! Is there anything Kashi doesn't make? :p I reckon the 3FC community keeps this company in business!

Hmmmm, there are crackers, cereal, granola bars, meal replacement bars, waffles, shakes...hmmmm, I think that's it. :lol:

DishyFishy
06-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the info, Laura. I've only tried their Go Lean cereal. I don't care much for cereal, TBH, but I sometimes snack on a cup in the evening as a healthier alternative to my favourite Munchies.

artist
06-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Kashi....its all foreign to me....we don't get it over here!

Had another good day.....

Smoked salmon, ryvita, salad
Low fat greek yogurt, blackberries, banana
Sushi
Melon
Grilled mackerel, spinach with vegetables, ryvita
Pineapple
Low fat greek yogurt with banana and blackberries
Low fat hot chocolate

30 mins walk

DishyFishy
06-25-2005, 02:49 AM
Today was a good day! Apart from my bra high, or maybe because of it, I ate well and got my exercise in. :) I did have more salmon than I needed to (twice my usual portion, in fact :ink: ), but it was plain-grilled and well within my kcal limit so I indulged myself.

Fri 24/06:

Breakfast: Shake made with 5 oz banana, cup 0% milk, vanilla extract.
Lunch: 4 oz skinless roast chicken breast, 90 g whole wheat bread bun, naked coleslaw.
Dinner: 6 oz salmon fillet, 2 oz whole wheat couscous, steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
Snacks: 5 oz cherries, 4 oz strawberries.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee, 2 litres water, 250 ml fizzy water, 500 ml Bolthouse Farms Vedge juice :T , Starbuck's FF grande cappuccino.

Total kcals: 1397 (plus free veggies).

Exercise: 2.21 mile walk, 20 minute bike ride.

cecilyisworking
06-25-2005, 03:14 AM
Did okay today... Day one with guests down!

Breakfast: Eggbeaters w/spinach and mushrooms, 1 cup sliced fruit
Lunch: Large vegetable soup
Dinner: Ahi nicoise salad (tuna, egg, capers, green beans, tomato, potato, olives, lettuce, dijon vinaigrette)

Water: 5 on a scale of 1-10
Exercise: None :(

taekwondomom
06-25-2005, 04:04 AM
*Friday, June 24, 2005*

Breakfast: 1 cup Kashi GoLean cereal topped with 1 banana, sliced, and 1/2 cup van. soymilk

Snack: 1 Kashi 7 Grain granola bar

Lunch: Swiss cheese sandwich (2 slices low-fat swiss cheese on a "lite" wheat bun), 1 Kashi GoLean 'Oatmeal Raisin Cookie' Bar

Snack: Luna 'Dulce de Leche' bar (Warning: these will melt if you have them in your pocket for a couple hours!)

Dinner: 1 turkey hotdog on bun with lots of ketchup, 3 cups of mixed greens topped with fat free chedder, 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds, mini croutons, 2 TBS calorie free ranch, 2 TBS low-fat french

Snack: 2 low-fat peanutbutter-chocolate chunk granola bars and 1-6 oz 100% juice box

Beverages: 100 oz water, 8 oz choc soymilk, 1-6oz 100% juice box

Exercise: 8 Minute Moves
1 1/2 hours swimming/playing at the beach :beach:
------------------------------------------------------
All in all-I'd have to say I skimped on the fruits and veggies today and over dosed on granola bars. I will remedy that by purchasing more baggies; then I can bag up veggies in advance so when I'm running late to work I can just grab one or two quickly to bring to work with me.

BarbaraAnn
06-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Yesterday:

B: 1 c Cheerios, banana, 1/2 c skim milk
S: sliced cucumber
L: Turkey pita sandwhich with lettuce, tomato and LF ranch
S: yogurt with fresh raspberries
D: Chicken kabob with lots of grilled peppers and onions, greek salad w. LF greek dressing.
S: Frozen LF lemon ice

E: 20 minutes weight machines and 100 laps in pool.

Weigh-in on Friday and yesterday put me at staying the same. :( Feel it's definitely related to a poor choice Thursday for lunch. I impulsively ordered a carry-out Reuben sandwich as that was what sons were ordering as well. I thought..."How bad could it be point wise". HA! After inhaling it I figured the points to be 24 and considering I only had 24 points remaining for the day...I ate alot of veggies the rest of the day and have been swollen from all the sodium. It sure reinforced planning ahead for me though!

BethC
06-25-2005, 07:11 PM
I weighed-in this morning and lost another pound. Yes, I'm happy, but I'm still sad that it's coming off so slowly...about a pound/week.

I know I really haven't been working out enough, and I plan to pick that up more now that my knee is feeling better. Also, I'm trying to focus more on the weekends so that I have some of my flex points left for the rest of the week. I've done pretty good today so far.

Have a good weekend everyone!

cecilyisworking
06-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Okay day.. No exercise again. :-(

Breakfast: 52 g frosted mini-wheats, blueberries, skim milk
Lunch: 100 cal cracker snack pack, 1 cup strawberries, 1 FF yogurt
Snack: 1 serving F cottage cheese, Tomatoes
Dinner: black beans, salsa, baby zucchini, nectarine
Snack: 32 g honey graham Life cereal, a few pecans

Water: okay
Exercise: none

taekwondomom
06-26-2005, 03:37 AM
Had a bit of an off day. Slept in late so I skipped breakfast and went straight to lunch, skipped dinner cuz I was at work and just now finished my very late dinner. I did get my exercise in though and I drank a decent amount of water so all is not lost. ;)
Weigh In is tomorrow morning!

B: skipped

L: 1 Tuna Wrap Melt (whole wheat tortilla topped with 2 oz tuna mixed with 2 TBS light miracle whip and 1 slice fat-free sharp chedder cheese-microwaved until cheese is melted); 1/2 c peaches in lite syrup; 1 1/2 cup mixed greens topped with calorie free ranch and 2 TBS mini croutons

Snack: 1 low-fat peanutbutter chocolate chunk granola bar

Snack: A second low-fat peanutbutter chocolate chunk granola bar

Late-Dinner: 1 chicken grilled/stuffed burrito from Taco Bell, 3 'smores :ink: (And now, all the fixings for 'smores are gone! so I won't be doing that again.)

Beverages: 20 oz choc soymilk, 60 oz water, 10 oz diet pepsi

25 minutes Tae Kwon Do (at home, practicing my pattern, kicking, and 1-Steps) and stretching

DishyFishy
06-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Sat 25/06:

Breakfast: Shake made with 6 oz banana, cup 0% milk, vanilla extract.
Lunch: 2 thin slices ham, 1 tblsp. Philadelphia Light, 78 g whole wheat bread bun, naked coleslaw, 1 tblsp. pecan pieces.
Dinner: 10 Wheatine crackers, 3 tblsp. Philly Light cheese, 2 tblsp. pecan pieces, tomato, cucumber, 4 oz strawberries with 60 ml Safeway Light Topping.
Snacks: 5 oz cherries, ice lolly.
Drinks: 1 l coffee, 2 litres water, 500 ml Bolthouse Farms Vedge juice.

Total kcals: 1302 (plus free veggies).

Exercise: 1.29 mile walk.

tbone
06-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Hi im tbone. Ive been lurking since May 5 and feel that I know some of you already. I think its time I show myself. Was weighed at the Drs. on May5 and I weighed 253. went back to the Dr June 16 and Im at 240. Its moving slow but its moving. Thanks for listening.

DishyFishy
06-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Welcome, tbone! :wave:

Congrats on ditching 13 pounds! (A lucky number for me!) I don't think 2 pounds a week is slow at all--it's good, healthy progress in the right direction. :yes:

Feel free to join in on the other threads too. I find the challenges are helping keep me really focused.

tbone
06-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Thanks too fat fish. I forgot to add that I am computer challenged. but thanks for the welcome. tbone

taekwondomom
06-27-2005, 12:44 AM
*Sunday, June 26, 2005*
Before you read my food log, I just wanted to point out that although my eating wasn't the greatest in a number of ways, I did eat breakfast-not a very nutritious breakfast, but still breakfast never the less. I also did not stop for fast food after work even though I was extremely hungry but instead stopped at the store and purchased items to make my dinner at home. I also avoided buying ice cream or any other junk food treats (like 'smore fixings ;) )

B: 3 low fat granola bars
L: Skipped-Was very busy as work, didn't even have time to drink much water or eat my orange
After Work Snack: 6 oz 100% juice
D: 3 chicken, bean and rice burritos with low-fat cheese on whole wheat tortillas 1 1/2 cup romaine topped with 3 TBS mini croutons and calorie free ranch and calroie free french

Beverages: 40 oz water, 28 oz diet soda, 6 oz 100% juice

Exercise: None besides my 7 hours of walking at work. Day off from 'official' exercise. Might do yoga before bed, I could use a good stretch.

CassandraA
06-27-2005, 01:34 AM
6/24
Morning
-1.33c Cocoa Puffs w/0.5c Skim Milk
Afternoon
-8 RF Triscuits
-3oz Skinless Chicken Breast
-0.25c Light Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Night
-BK: Double Cheeseburger (plain), 5pc Chicken Nugget, Half (large) Order Onion Rings, Hershey Chocolate Pie
Late
-2c Light Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream w/0.25c Skim Milk
-Honey Turkey Sandwich on Wheat w/FF Cheese & Lettuce
-1 SF Popsicle, 1 SF Creamsicle
Total: 2568 Calories, 93g Fat

6/25
Morning
-2 Waffles w/2tbsp Light Syrup
Afternoon
-15 RF Cheez-its, 1 SF Creamsicle
-TV Dinner, Corn Cob
Night
-2 FF Hotdogs on Wheat w/FF Cheese & Ketchup
Late
-1c Light Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
-3.5oz Skinless Chicken Breast, 5 White Cheddar Rice Cakes, 2 SF Creamsicles
Total: 1508 Calories, 29g Fat

cecilyisworking
06-27-2005, 02:42 AM
Not as good a day as I'd hoped. I'm certain the sodium alone will make for a yucky weigh in day tomorrow...

Breakfast: Frosted mini-wheats, blueberries, skim milk
Lunch: Chinese chicken salad, no wontons (grilled chicken, lettuce, mandarin orange slices, green onions, 1 tbsp of dressing)
Snack: 1 oz honey whole wheat pretzels
Dinner: A ton of sushi (California roll, white fish, tuna, vegetarian roll-- more than I needed by far! I took a bunch home, then raided the fridge and ate it) edamame
Snack: McDonalds vanilla cone

Water: yes lots
Exercise: no

Off on a business trip tomorrow. Back on Thursday. Wish me luck!

DishyFishy
06-27-2005, 03:47 AM
Have a safe (and OP ;) ) trip, Cecily.

Sun 26/06:

Breakfast: 6 oz banana, cup 0% milk, vanilla extract.
Lunch: 4 thin slices ham & 2 tblsp. Philadelphia Light on 86 g whole grain bread, green salad.
Dinner: 5 oz home-made sirloin burger in 80 g whole wheat bun, 1 tblsp. Tony Roma's Red Hot sauce, 2 slices dill pickle, naked coleslaw with 1 tblsp. sunflower kernels.
Snacks: 1 oz gouda, pineapple shake (1 cups unsweetened pineapple chunks, cup 2% plain yogurt, 4 tblsp. orange juice, dash orange extract).
Drinks: 500 ml coffee, 3 litres water, 355 ml tin diet cola.

Total kcals: 1491 (plus free veggies).

Exercise: 2.57 mile walk.

taekwondomom
06-28-2005, 03:11 AM
Monday, June 27, 2005
I splurged and had a small DQ Blizzard today. I shared it with my kids but still ate most of it. Got lots of exercise so it evened out. ;)
B: 1 cup Kashi GoLean with 1/2 c van soymilk
L: skipped
S: 3/4 of a small Heath DQ Blizzard
D: 4 oz Grilled chicken and 1/2 c grilled veggies, 1/2 cup rice, 2 cups salad with 1/4 of a tomato, some red onion and 1 TBS Honey Mustard dressing, 1 sourdough roll with lots of strawberry jam, 2 small bites of mac n cheese, 1/10 of a chocolate chunk pancake with maple syrup and butter (Went out to eat and I sampled the kids' food)
Treat: 15 chocolate covered almonds
S: 1 sourdough roll with 2 TBS natural peanutbutter

Beverages: 2 cans diet cream soda, 60 oz water, 20 oz diet coke

Exercise: 8 Minute Moves, 2 hours swimming/play at the :beach:, 1 hour TKD class

Jen415
06-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Is this the place where you talk about your day?

Mine went GREAT yesterday! I don't think I felt hungry even once! An unusual feeling with dieting LOL

I was able to do the entire Leslie Sansone Miracle Mile! I felt very good after finishing it, and am actually looking forward to doing it again!!

BethC
06-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Here's my food from yesterday, also since I'm able to work out regularly now, I'll add that to my goals as well.

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - ww muffin
5 - zone bar
1 - chocolate
2 - granola bar
3 - can of tuna
2 - lite mayo
3 - whole wheat bread
22 points (out of 28)

Excercise - 30 min eliptical machine, 5 mins treadmill (working up to running), abs

DishyFishy
06-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Laura: Good job on the exercise! I see you're still skipping meals though.... :nono:

Mon 27/06:

Breakfast: Coffee with 1 tblsp. half & half, 5 oz cherries.
Lunch: 4 thin slices ham & 1 tblsp. Phili Light on 84 g whole grain bread, naked coleslaw with 1 tblsp. pecan pieces.
Dinner: 3 oz chicken breast, 2 McCain potato patties, cup peas, 8 oz strawberries, 2 tblsp. Safeway Light Topping.
Snacks: Shake ( cup 2% plain yogurt, 1 cup drained unsweetened mandarins, orange extract, ice cubes), 6 Starburst chews, cup FF milk.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee, 2 litres water, 1 l green tea.

Total kcals: 1499 (plus free veggies).

Exercise: 2.04 mile walk.

howie6267
06-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Well I had a horrible weekend eating wise. Had a wonderful time people wise. Meet lots of friends over the weekend. Anyway I was not all that hungry yesterday so got back on plan and did really well.

Pretzels
Tuna
Rye Bread
Assoreted Veggies
Cheese

artist
06-28-2005, 06:26 PM
OK, Howie 'fessed up so I feel obliged too. I had a not so great weekend food wise......too much strawberry frozen yogurt (yes, I know its low fat, but not wise to eat it in quite so much quantity), bread, peanut butter....etc....It could have been worse, at least I avoided the Pringles...

Still, did a lot better yesterday and today:

Monday

Coffee
4 quarter sandwiches, fruit, lowfat yogurt (lunch at yet another meeting...)
Risotto, diet coke, apple
Lime and soda

30 min walk

Tuesday

Porridge and banana, coffee
5? quarter sandwiches at meeting (is there a pattern here????!)
Grilled salmon, pasta with puttanesca sauce (tomatoes, olives, anchovies, capers, chilli, garlic, parsley.....mmmmmm!)

30 min walk

DishyFishy
06-28-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm tired. :yawn: I'm off to bed shortly.... :tired:

Tues 28/06:

Breakfast: Coffee with 1 tblsp. half & half, 2 Cinnamon Toast Eggos.
Lunch: Naked coleslaw with cup croutons and 1 tblsp. each of pecan pieces, sunflower kernels, & Ready Crisp bacon pieces.
Dinner: 3 oz chicken breast, 2 oz whole wheat couscous, cup barbeque beans.
Snacks: 50 g Munchies. (I can't believe I drew the line at 50 g! :smug: Usually I'd be going back for more, but that was quite sufficient for a treat for me. :))
Drinks: 500 ml coffee, 2 litres water, 355 ml tin diet cola, 500 ml Chardonnay <hic!> :D.

Total kcals: 1521 (plus free veggies).

Exercise: 2.17 mile walk.

taekwondomom
06-29-2005, 03:41 AM
Laura: Good job on the exercise! I see you're still skipping meals though.... :nono:

Thank you! (regarding the exercise)
So frustrating when I skip meals, usually because I get busy doing stuff, then I don't think to eat until I realise I am actually very, very hungry.
I'm working on improving my eating habits and my goal for June is to eat breakfast everyday and I'm doing well. Can't remember the last time I skipped breakfast while before it was the meal I skipped regularily. I think my goal for July is to eat breakfast and lunch everyday. There! it is out in print, you all can hold me to it!

taekwondomom
06-29-2005, 03:55 AM
Tuesday, June 28, 2005

B:My little guy was up until 4 am so I slept in (thank goodness for DH who dot up with the other two!) and didn't get my first meal until noon.
L: 3 oz grilled chicken with 1 c rice mixed with assorted vegetables, 1/4 c mac n cheese
D: 21 small deep-fried shrimp with 2 oz cocktail sauce, 2 cups salad with 3 TBS cheese and 2 oz fat free dressing, 1/2 cup green beans and 1 miniloaf of lemon blueberry bread with NO butter (We went out for dinner after my test to celebrate, I thought I did pretty well with my meal selection but while I ate my fried shrimp I wished I would have ordered the grilled instead. And I didn't have desert even though the restaurant we at had has AWESOME pie!)
S: 98% fat free frozen fudge bar, 15 chocolate covered almonds

Beverages: 60 oz water, 16 oz choc soymilk, 12 oz diet cream soda, HUGE glass of diet mt. dew

Exercise: 8 minute moves
(I don't think my TKD test counts towards exercise as was sitting or standing still for most of 1 hour.)

alphabetsoup
06-29-2005, 05:20 AM
I hope it's okay if I jump in here too. :)

Today was a GOOD day - probably the best I've had so far:

B'fast: Kashi Go Lean Cereal and 1% milk
Lunch: Granola Bar and Strawberry Smoothie (milk, dry pudding mix, strawberries)
Dinner: Grilled Skinless Boneless Chicken, 2 Grilled Hot Dogs (all beef), Potatoes, 1 Corn on the cob
Snacks: 2 oz Sunflower Seeds
Drinks: Water and 1/4 a diet cola

Calories: 1705
Exercise: Nothing formal :( I did clean the house for about 4 hours today though! YAH - SEVERAL rooms are CLEAN at once (it won't last 24 hours :lol: )

Jen415
06-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Hi y'all: Yesterday was a good day all around! I ate well and did another Miracle Mile. I can feel the workouts working!

Today I feel like crud...TOM has arrived, and I am cramping something awful! That's what happens when you skip a couple of months!

alphabetsoup
06-29-2005, 11:38 PM
Not too bad of a day today:

Breakfast: Kashi & 1% milk
Lunch: 2 beef hot dogs & mushrooms and carrots
Dinner: Fish tacos (2 tortillas, baked cod, mayo based sauce, cabbage, carrots, onions, cheese, salsa), brown rice with almonds, black beans
Snack: sunflower seeds

Drinks: 3/4 of a diet cola, water

kcal: 1852
exercise: <sigh> no

taekwondomom
06-30-2005, 12:44 AM
6/29/05
B: 1 cup Kashi GoLean (a yummy new one with NO fiber twigs-yay!)with van soymilk
L: skipped
D: 1 1/2 slices stuffed chicken and bacon pizza with extra green peppers and I added spinach and mushrooms from Papa Murphey's Take N Bake Pizza, 2 cups salad of romaine and leaf lettuce with calorie free dressing, mini croutons and fat free cheese
S: 98% fat free fudge bar

Beverages: 80 oz water, 12 oz choc soymilk (I LOVE my chocolate soymilk. Tastes like cold hot chocolate-smooth and creamy-plus its bursting with vitamins!)

Exercise: 8 Minute Moves Didn't do my video today :P but I have a new one I borrowed from the library to try out tomorrow. (The Goddess Workout with Dolphina: Introduction to Bellydance)

artist
06-30-2005, 02:39 AM
Had a good day yesterday (Wednesday). Especially since I had both lunch and dinner out....OK its true, I gave into the temptation of 2 glasses of white wine, but I passed up on dessert both times, and made healthy choices....

Porridge, banana, coffee
Salmon nicoise salad (salmon, potatoe, egg, salad), diet coke
Tomato and basil soup
Grilled halibut, chive mash
2 glasses white wine

20 minute walk

alphabetsoup
06-30-2005, 03:54 AM
I'm regret that I now have to add one peanut butter cup to my total for today. Putting me over 1900 calories. Darn peanut butter cup!

BethC
06-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Here's my food from yesterday... is it me or has it gotten pretty quiet here recently??

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - ww muffin
5 - zone bar
4 - TCBY small
2 - cheesestick
10 - grilled chicken salad w/feta
27 points (out of 28)

I'm going to the gym today after work. That will make 4 times this week, which will be the first time I've done that in months!!! :dancer:

Have a good day everyone!

Jillegal
06-30-2005, 01:01 PM
Yes, please don't let my thread die in its relative infancy!! :D I hope people have been journaling on their own if they haven't been coming here, but we need food ideas and to be praised (or rebuked) and this is a great place to receive all that. Yes, I know I've been absent, but I've still been keeping track mentally and doing pretty well despite all the turmoil!

I figure that since many of us (Canadian and American) are heading into a long weekend (likely to be filled with bbqs, picnics and food oriented celebrations) its important to keep our focus and remember to be accountable to ourselves and each other! :)

Here's mine for yesterday:

3 - 1 c Kashi Go Lean cereal, with
1 - 1/2c 1% milk
Snack
1 - 2 slices Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread (toasted) with
2 - 1 tbsp. peanut butter
Lunch
0 - salad of greens, tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumber, with
3 - shredded white chicken meat (roasted) and tossed with
1 - "Light" Italian dressing
1 - small banana
Snack
1 - Astro fat free sugar freet raspberry yogurt
Dinner
4 - pumpernickel bagel, spread with
2 - 3 tbsp. chicken salad *
1 - seedless red grapes
0 - red pepper slices
Snack
2 - 1/2c 1% cottage cheese on
0 - sliced tomatoes
22 total

* chopped roast chicken (white meat), chopped celery and onion, black pepper, plain yogurt

Beverages: 2 500ml bottles spring water, 3 cans soda water
Exercise: 40 minutes total dog walking.

DishyFishy
06-30-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm still here! :wave:

Weds 29/06:

Breakfast: Banana shake (7 oz banana, cup 0% milk, cup 2% plain yogurt, ice, vanilla extract).
Lunch: 4 thin ham slices, 80 g whole wheat bun, naked coleslaw with cup croutons and 1 tblsp. each of sunflower kernels, & Ready Crisp bacon pieces.
Dinner: 3 oz chicken breast, 1 cups brown rice, 1 cup peas.
Snacks: 50 g Munchies.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee, 3 litres water, 355 ml tin diet cola, 500 ml green tea.

Total kcals: 1478 (plus free veggies).

Exercise: 2.29 mile walk.

Jillegal
07-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Yes, Ali, I see you're here! Good girl! You too, Beth, Laura, Cassandra and Alphabetsoup! :smug: Claire, you seem to be back on track after a little lapse (I'm back and keeping an eye on you!) :drill:

:coach: Apryl...I know you're back from camp, let's see your eats, missy! As for other regulars now MIA do I have to hunt you down?? :s:

I'll set a good example: ;)

3 - 1c Kashi Go Lean cereal, with
1 - 1/2c 1% milk
Snack
2 - medium banana
Lunch
3 - haddock fillets (baked in a little milk and seasonings, soooo tender)
2 - 3 little new potatoes (red, skin on)
0 - steamed green & yellow beans (with onion & red pepper)
Snack
1 - watermelon
Dinner
6 - salad from restaurant salad bar *
2 - 1c skim milk
Snack
1 - Astro fat free sugar free yogurt (raspberry)
21 total (1 point under target - might eat some toothpaste before bed) :lol:

* mixed greens, chopped crab meat, walnut halves, tomato, celery, radish, green onion and basalmic vinaigrette

Beverages: 3 500ml bottles spring water, 2 cans club soda, 1 glass tap water

Exercise: 45 min. gardening, 20 min. morning walk and 25 min. evening walk.

missaprylj
07-01-2005, 01:45 AM
Yes! I have returned. :)

Thursday 6/30
B: Kashi, skim milk, watermelon
S: watermelon
L: Tuna sandwich
D: Chicken stir-fry with rice, 2 Thin Mints
S: 1 small latte, milk duds

Total: 1390 :)

taekwondomom
07-01-2005, 03:43 AM
June 30, 2005 (Hey, tomorrow is JULY ALREADY!?!)

B: 1 cup Kashi GoLean Crunch on top 1 cup fat-free yogurt
L: 1 piece leftover stuffed pizza with chicken, bacon, cheese, spinach, green pepper, mushrooms, diced tomato and onion; 15 Kashi 7 Grain crackers
D: 1 cup raw baby carrots; 2 turkey and cheese wraps (2 oz fat free chedder, 4 oz turkey breast divided between 2 whole wheat tortillas); 1 cup steamed broccoli with 1 tsp flax seed oil
S: 1 cup vanilla fat-free yogurt topped with 1/2 cup Cracklin' Oat Bran cereal; 1 98% fat free fudge bar

Beverges: 40 oz water, 16 oz choc soymilk

Exercise: 8 minute moves
Didn't do my exercise video today and I am disappointed in myself for missing it two days in a row. I will do my video tomorrow or you can take away the choc soymilk I have for a treat each day.

alphabetsoup
07-01-2005, 05:13 AM
Thurs 6/30

Lunch: Fish Taco (baked cod, cheese, cabbage, onion, salsa), granola bar
Dinner: Burger King - Shrimp Caesar Salad w/croutons and Caesar Dressing, Small onion rings
Snacks: Sunflower seeds, Low Sugar Ice Cream w/Lite Chocolate Sauce

Drinks: Child Sized Coke (w/dinner) & Water

Exercise: Yes! Hour long walk (hilly terrain) of 1.07 miles with the family plus racing at the playground with my daughter (geez, she runs fast! :lol: ) and playing at the playground (good excuse to go down the slide at 35 years old :D ). :)

Kcal: 1599

*Oh, I skipped breakfast b/c DH was off today and let me sleep in :love: so by the time I got up I decided to just have lunch! :lol:

BethC
07-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Ok, here's my food for yesterday. I already had PT this morning :o (he's sooo cute...) and I'm heading to the gym after work. Tomorrow's my weigh-in day. It amazing to me how much time this weight-loss plan takes in my life, but it's all worth it, I feel great!

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - ww muffin
1 - slice of ham
5 - zone bar
2 - coffee
2 - granola bar
3 - tuna
3 - ww bread
2 - lite mayo
24 points (out of 28)

Have a good weekend everyone!

DishyFishy
07-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Good to see people back here. :)

Thurs 30/06:

Breakfast: Banana shake (7 oz banana, cup 0% milk, cup 2% plain yogurt, ice, vanilla extract).
Lunch: 1 cup home-made pea soup, 58 g whole wheat bread.
Dinner: 1 cup home-made chili, 2 cups brown rice.
Snacks: 1 oz gouda, 8 Wheatine crackers, ice lolly.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee, 3 litres water, 355 ml tin diet cola, 500 ml green tea.

Total kcals: 1524 (plus free veggies).

Exercise: 1.79 mile walk. Not enough! :mad: I can't seem to motivate myself to get moving. :( I also need to do more than think about adding some kind of strength exercise like weights, but I just have no idea what....

missaprylj
07-01-2005, 08:54 PM
July 1st

B: Kashi/milk
L: Rice w/ Peppers
Pita, cheese, salad sandwich
D: Salad with chicken breast
S: 2 chocolate chip cookies

Total: 1570 :)

Jillegal
07-02-2005, 02:33 AM
I survived the first day of the long weekend very well, I'm happy to report! :D

3 - 1c Kashi Go Lean cereal, with
1 - 1/2c 1% milk
Snack
3 - Tim Horton's Ice Capp (made with 2% milk instead of cream)
Lunch
1 - Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread, toasted with
1 - one slice of fat-free cheddar cheese and
0 - thinly sliced tomatoes
1 - Astro fat free sugar free yogurt (peach)
Dinner
6 - 2 all-beef hotdogs (NO buns)
0 - small amounts of mustard, sweet relish
1 - pickled onions
2 - potato salad (3 tbsp. - made with Miracle Whip Light)
0 - celery sticks, cucumber slices, sweet red pepper slices
2 - garlic veggie dip
Snack
1 - watermelon
22 total

Beverages: 1 large mup of tea, 2 500ml bottles spring water, 1 591ml bottle citrus flavoured water, 1 591ml bottle of raspberry flavoured water *

*I've discovered "Aquafina Flavour Splash" water - natural flavours and sweetened with sucralose (no aspartame!) 5 calories per 591ml bottle :cool:

Exercise: 20 minute morning walk with dog, 1/2 hr. walk to Ontario Place from carpark and 1/2hr. walk back (along the lakeshore) after fireworks.

alphabetsoup
07-02-2005, 04:05 AM
July 1:

Breakfast: 3/4 c. Kashi & 1/2 c. 1% milk, 1/2 apple, 1/4 c. yogurt
Lunch: Open Faced turkey sandwich (low sugar organic bread, mayo, turkey, provolone cheese, swiss cheese)
Dinner: Panini Sandwich (soudough bread, avocado, turkey, havarti cheese)
Snacks: "Fast Break" Candy bar, 1 oz. sunflower seeds
Drinks: 1/2 diet cola, 1/3 c. chocolate milk, water

Exercise: no :( I really really wanted to but my feet are hurting too much from yesterdays long walk (I have this stupid foot thing from pregnancy - hoping that losing weight will take care of it...until then, I'm not really supposed to be walking <yeah right!> but I'm hoping I'll just get used to it...)

kcal: 1829

*Today was a hard day - I really wanted to EAT - it's the first day I felt tempted. I KNOW why - I had a tough day with the kids today, namely my 3 year old. She's darling but she's veeeeeeeeerrrrry trying and she was in the corner A LOT today, just a bad day all around and that makes me feel like eating - I get in the mindset of "I deserve this (food) after the day I've had!..." but I didn't give in....one day down...days like today will be hard for me. :(

taekwondomom
07-02-2005, 04:12 AM
*Today was a hard day - I really wanted to EAT - it's the first day I felt tempted. I KNOW why - I had a tough day with the kids today, namely my 3 year old. She's darling but she's veeeeeeeeerrrrry trying and she was in the corner A LOT today, just a bad day all around and that makes me feel like eating - I get in the mindset of "I deserve this (food) after the day I've had!..." but I didn't give in....one day down...days like today will be hard for me. :(
I know what you mean! Good work, resisting the urge to reward yourself with food. With practice it'll get easier; I've found that finding something else to do (like posting on the board about how you feel) will help even more.
Is there anyway you could go swimming instead of walking until your feet are better? Must be very frustrating wanting to exercise but having a hard time because of foot problems.

DishyFishy
07-02-2005, 04:16 AM
Fri 01/07:

Lunch: 2 thin ham slices, 1 oz gouda, 56 g whole wheat bread.
Dinner: 1 cups rice, 90 g tuna, cup peas.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee, 2 litres water, 355 ml tin diet pop, 500 ml black tea, 500 ml Merlot. Okay, no more wine for a while....

Total kcals: 1564.

Exercise: 3.54 mile walk.

taekwondomom
07-02-2005, 04:24 AM
July 1, 2005
b: 1 c van. yogurt topped with Cracklin' Oat bran cereal
L: 3 cups romain topped with fatfree chedder, sunflower seeds and 3 TBS calorie free dressing
D: 1 spicy grilled catfish fillet; tossed salad with 1 TBS honey mustard dressing; medly of seasoned/grilled tomato, onion, mushroom, zuchinni and summer squash; 1 sourdough roll with 2 TBS strawberry jam
S: 2 chocolate chip cookies; 1 c van yogurt topped with 1 c Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal

Beverages: 60 oz water, 24 oz choc. soymilk

Exercise:
8 minute moves
10 minutes of jumping rope; 60 jumping jacks

Jillegal
07-03-2005, 02:03 AM
Oh people! You have to stay strong through the long weekend! You can do it!! Show me your eats!!

Didn't have the most nutritious of days today, seeing as I spent almost 12 hours at a theme park - but at least I did fairly well "pointwise". Luckily I was able to smuggle some fruit and water into the park :D

1 - 2 slices Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread, toasted
1 - Astro fat free sugar free yogurt (blueberry)
Lunch/Dinner
2 - medium banana
4 - frozen yogurt
8 - pizza slice (cheese, sliced tomato, mushroom, green pepper)
1 - apple
4 - hot dog with mustard (no bun)
2 - pineapple juice
25 total (used 3 flex points)

Beverages: large mug of tea, 2 500ml bottles spring water, 2 591ml bottles flavoured water, 1 glass pineapple juice

Exercise: Giving myself exercise points for walking around a theme park for almost 12 hours and isometric exercises (due to constricting all muscles and holding breath on all the thrill rides) :)

taekwondomom
07-03-2005, 04:30 AM
July 2, 2005
Oh, man! I think I over did it with the peanut butter today! (Can you tell I love peanut butter? Good thing I don't eat it everyday. LOL)

B: 1 c raisin bran with 1/4 c extra raisins, 1 packet stevia and 1/2 c van soymilk; 1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted with 1 TBS peanut butter
S: 1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted with 1 TBS peanut butter and 4 large marshmallows melted on top
L: Peanut butter sandwich (2 TBS peanut butter on whole wheat bread)
S: Romain lettuce and leaf lettuce topped with 1/2 fat-free cheese, 1/4 c sunflower seeds, 2 TBS bacon flavored bits and 3 TBS calorie free dressing
D: Chicken sandwich (grilled chicken breast, lettuce, tomato with BBQ sauce instead of mayo, on a white bun), 2 small choc chip muffins
Treat: 1/2 c Cracklin' Oat Bran cereal with 1/2 cup van soymilk

Beverages: 60 oz water, 20 oz diet coke, 20 oz choc soymilk

1 hour Cardio Kick class

alphabetsoup
07-03-2005, 04:36 AM
Mmmmmm Laura! Your PB & marshmallows on bread snack sounds divine! YUM! (I'm saying that and I don't even really care for marshmallows! :D)

Me today - Saturday

Breakfast: Kashi Heart to Heart Cereal, 1% Milk & Peanut Butter Chocolate Go Lean Bar
Lunch: Raw Cauliflower w/ranch dressing, Celery w/cream cheese, Strawberry Smoothie (strawberries, 1% milk, dry pudding mix)
Dinner: Turkey Sandwich w/bechimel sauce (organic wheat bread, turkey, swiss cheese, bechimel sauce <half & half & mustard>), mushrooms and carrots

Drinks: 1/4 diet cola & water

Exercise: Yes! 1 hour walk (not sure how far - my pedometer didn't measure! :( ) pushing stroller, hilly terrain - playing at the park w/kiddos

kcal: 1860

DishyFishy
07-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Good job on the food, Jill. It's tough to make good picks on days out, but it looks like you nailed it.

I don't "get" peanut butter. It's so claggy in the mouth! I do use it in cooking though--it makes a really tasty sauce for veggies. Hubby adores PB and jelly sarnies, yet doesn't understand my love of Marmite. :?: You North Americans!! :lol:

Sat 02/07:

Breakfast: Banana shake (6 oz banana, cup 0% milk, cup 2% plain yogurt, ice, vanilla extract).
Lunch: 1 oz cheddar, 32 g whole wheat bread with tblsp. Marmite, naked coleslaw.
Dinner: 2 oz cheddar, 1 cup home-made pea soup, 12 Wheatine crackers.
Snacks: All-Bran bar.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee, 3 litres water, 500 ml green tea.

Total kcals: 1192 (plus free veggies).

Exercise: Just 1 hour gardening.

Jillegal
07-04-2005, 01:09 AM
mmmmmm peanut butter ... how can anyone prefer salty brewers yeast extract (marmite) over smooth, creamy peanut butter?! Yet, Ali, I do understand your strange Brit ways - my Dad still loves toast and drippings with his kippers! :barf:

4 - cinnamon & raisin whole wheat bagel
1 - fat free cream cheese
2 - 1/2c calcium enriched 100% orange juice
Snack
1 - watermelon
Lunch
2 - fruit salad (peaches, pears, grapes, pineapple)
1 - Astro fat free sugar free yogurt (peach)
Snack
0 - red and green pepper slices
1 - garlic dip
Dinner
4 - BBQ'd steakette
2 - corn on the cob
1 - watermelon
Snack
2 - 1c skim milk
1 - 2 slices 60% whole wheat bread (toasted)
24 total (used 2 flex points)

Beverages: large mug of tea, 1 litre bottle of "Free and Clear" white grape flavoured water, 2 500ml bottles spring water

Exercise: 20 min. morning walk with dog, 2km walk with dog in afternoon, late night jog around highschool track (managed 2-1/2 times around the quarter mile track)

taekwondomom
07-04-2005, 02:42 AM
July 3, 2005
Bad day food wise because I skipped meals. :( Very busy at work today, imagine that LOL.
B: 1/4 of my fruit and walnut salad (from mcD's) approx. 1 tsp yogurt dip and 4 apple slices, 4 grapes and a couple walnuts ;)
L: the rest of my fruit and walnut salad
D: Salad made with 3 cups romaine topped with 1/3 lowfat Mexican blend cheese, 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, 2 TBS bacon flavored bits, 3 TBS calorie free dressing; 2 slices whole wheat bread with apple butter (2 TBS for each slice)
Snack: 98% fat-free fudge bar; 1 cup kashi golean crunch with 1 banana, sliced, and 1/2 cup van soymilk
Beverages: 60 oz water, 12 oz diet coke, 12 oz choc soymilk
Exercise: Day off from exercise
I did waitress 9am-5pm today then walked around the casino with my mom though we did not win any large sums of money >:( Anyway, that counts as exercise, right?

alphabetsoup
07-04-2005, 03:59 AM
Good day for me today -

Breakfast: 3/4 c. Kashi Heart to Heart cereal & 3/4 c. frosted mini-wheats w/3/4 c. 1% milk.
Lunch: cauliflower & celery w/cream cheese
Dinner: grilled shrimp, raviolis, mushrooms & carrots
Drinks: 20 oz strawberry julius & water

Exercise: Does shopping at the mall for 2 hours with two small children count? :lol:

kcal: 1437