Old 06-22-2005, 03:27 PM   #1  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Unhappy I've got the new scale blues!!!!

After all the advice you all gave me in my scale question thread, I finally did it. I'm really excited but feeling the blues of my accurate weight...waaahhh!

I couldn't find a Tanita anywhere..and believe me I looked..things are still not quite as available in Canada. Found tons of on-line places but none would ship here.

Anyway, I ended up getting aTaylor 5563 (scroll down on the page to the one with the four metal circles)

It measures weight to .2 of a pound, does body fat% and body water %. It seems really good, I'm really glad I got it.

BUT, despite all your warnings...and my own expectations that this would happen...I'm having a tough time with being 5 pounds more than my old scale said. I know, I know...it could be much worse..I remember someone told me theirs was nine pounds...but I'm sad

I went into fitday and adjusted my weight one day at a time all the way back to April when I began and I'm going to change my ticker right now...I'm just bummed out about it. I know I've still lost 17 pounds regardless, but now I'm back in the decade I thought I was out of and 13 pounds from Onderland instead of 8

Pouty..pouty..whine..whine...

I'm done now but could use some of your wonderful, wise, funny, uplifting, loving help today!

xoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #2  
Jennifer

Ah, I feel your pain. I remember that I was a full FIFTEEN pounds heavier on my Tanita. Boy was it a hard pill to swallow. But you know what -- you do get over it. Look at it this way: when you reach your goal weight, it will sound all the more impressive!

Ha - this made me go back and find the thread where I got my new scale... the advice here is good for you as well: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47354.

Hang in there! You're doing a great job and WILL get there!

Last edited by teapotdynamo; 06-22-2005 at 03:58 PM.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #3  
LOSING TO LIVE LONGER!

Linda,

I soooo feel your pain. On top of gaining 1.5lbs this past week (and I didn't stray from my diet, I had increaded my exercise and water), I too bought a new scale and it had be 3lbs higher. So I understand what you're going through. I somehow kept motivated through all of this, thanks to 3FC no doubt! You have more energy than me going back and changing all of your fitday weights. wow! I will just wait til it catches up and go from there.

I think my scale is a Taylor too and it does all those neat things. I do love it and am glad I got it now if I can just convince myself to get off of it for more than one day at a time. Hang in there and know yer not alone. You DID lose the same amount of weight you thought you had and you know you feel better for it so dont let the actual numbers get you down. You are doing awesome!

Kim

END OF SUMMER CHALLENGE

KIMMIFIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:09 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by teapotdynamo
Ha - this made me go back and find the thread where I got my new scale... the advice here is good for you as well: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47354.

Hang in there! You're doing a great job and WILL get there!
Jennifer -- HA! That's so funny -- I revisited that thread thanks to your link, and I wrote to you about, "when you've lost like 80 pounds" ---- and here you are now at 90 down!!

So, see, Linda????? This too shall pass. Those 5 pounds, while they hurt now, will be just a distant, amusing memory down the road. Just take it in stride, keep putting one foot in front of the other.....and you'll look back on today with a different perspective some tomorrow in the future.

I'm reallyl sorry that happend to you.....but you are going to be JUST FINE. You're too strong, too motivated, and too much of a badass to get rocked by 5 silly old pounds! You say to those 5 pounds, "Pshaw!" "Shoo!!" "You're already a memory!"

lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:20 AM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Jennifer, Kim, and Sarah....
See....I KNEW you'd help me look at it in a better light
Of course I knew it in my mind...but you know how it is when one gets down on oneself!

Thanks you so much for your replies...it really made my day...and all the replies to yours, Jennifer, really helped too :wink:

I just love you guys so much...you know that right? I've never fallen in love so fast...

xoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote