South Beach Diet - Wednesday Chat on the Beach!!

View Full Version : Wednesday Chat on the Beach!!

ellis
06-22-2005, 07:39 AM
Hey, darlin's! :wave:

Getting coffee... back in a mo...

Schatzi
06-22-2005, 08:12 AM
Good Morning Chicklets!

Well I just completed week 3 on SBD... I prayed to the scale Gods, offered up a sacrificial Twinkie, and executed the "One Legged Stork weight pose" (which has a technical difficulty rating of 10: NEWBIES do not try this maneuver yet, leave it to the professionals!)... Ah, the Gods so fit to reward me with a 1 pound loss!

Tonight we have our first prospective buyers dropping by... sure hope that they are interested... and DH has a job offer in NC....so things seem to be going okeydokey ... :)
Later Taters

Ruthxxx
06-22-2005, 08:26 AM
Good sunshiney Hump Day morning! It poured last night so it's muddy paw time again but looks like it will dry up and be a glorious day.

Ellis, please give me some of that coffee. I need to take coffee making lessons from you. I've become lazy and have been using instant which just doesn't cut it.

Schatzi, you slay me. For a minute there I thought you were talking yoga "stork" position. Does the weightloss god accept other sacrifices besides Twinkies?

I finally finished all the plantings in the Village and the Fairground! Well, I do have a spike to put in one of the planters but that will be a quickie. Remind me to delegate next year! This morning Bob the Township workie (a neat guy, a reformed hippie) will build the seats into the new gazebo and fertilize all the planters for me. I plan to take a quick run into The Falls with two of Harry's prescriptions and see how he did his first night. Then I'll have lunch with Morna.

Thanks for all the supportive comments on my Harry story thread. As I said to Ellis, I meant it to be a closed thread but forgot.

Happy Hump Day, Sweeties.

ellis
06-22-2005, 08:41 AM
Freckled Frog, welcome to the Beach! :wave:
I'm glad that you're enjoying the program AND this site! :) You sound really organized... good for you! :hat:

Schatzi, you're too funny. :lol: Congratulations on the pound, and good luck with the selling today! :hat:

Ruth, for cryin' out loud, I tell you to delegate EVERY year, but do you listen? ;)
Hey, it's lovely out today! Enjoy your day, sweetie. :grouphug:

Crap, Amy, NOT more heat! :mad: I'll just go check... nope, not today! :) It's 15C (59F) right now, going up to 23C (73F) today. EXCELLENT!
Congratulations on the workout, girl!! :cheer:

Cheez, Bamie, I can't believe it about the smoking! :yikes: That's HORRIBLE!! You're not allowed to smoke anywhere here now except outside! :lol:

Soon2b, what a wonderful DBF you have. :love: Don't worry about the eating... you'll get back on track, sweetie. :grouphug:

mamaeli, I love that poster you have at your Curves! :yes:
Have you tried running your menu through Fitday to see how many calories you're consuming? I could be wrong, but it looks as though you may be eating a little too much.

GoFishin', enjoy your two days off, you crazy gal, you! :) Young and the Restless, eh? I haven't watched that since high school. Same theme, same characters? :lol:

Sarah, you definitely need more veggies. :yes: That'll really help.
How much do you have to lose? If you feel you can do it, you can stay on Phase I for another week or so. Phase I is limited to two weeks because people quickly become bored with the diet, and start to cheat.

RNMom, have fun at the church camp! :wave:

Kissy, good luck on day two, hon. ;)

Beach Bum, you're 65!! Holy, girl, I thought you were about 40! :lol: You sound MUCH younger, darling. Have a wonderful day. :grouphug:

Wanda, my daughter is actually just finished grade 10. (she's 15) That's so nice that you're paying for your daughter's apartment... my parents did the same for me when I was in college.
Your colours sound lovely! Will you be taking pictures? :D

I've got to get on the treadmill this morning. I've completed my first week of running/walking, and I'll be upping my running today. :cheer: I can't believe I'm sticking to this! :dance:

Bamiegurl
06-22-2005, 08:55 AM
A quick hello this morning. Lots to do before i leave for work.

Ellis..You are on a roll this morning!

Ruth...Glad to see you are out and about with all your business.

To the rest Happy Hump Day!

Ruthxxx
06-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Good Lord, Ellis! Are you on speed or something? I am going to tread the mill right now and listen to my book on tape.

(I guess I'd better read yesterday's daily and get caught up with the rest of you chickies.)

Schatzi
06-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Ah " Grasshopper" (Ruthie),
Only through extensive training with GOFISHIN and serious meditation have I've been able to learn the proper form and control to achieve the Stork Pose...I am now at a higher level of weight consciousness, and thus, shall be attempting to master the next Pose which is basically a series of aerobic moves..STEP UP, STEP DOWN, and UP and OFF to the Side..and STRADDLE THAT SCALE , and UP...now read your weight..(the Mystical Weight Master states that this confuses the Gods and will produce a favorable reading.)

The Gods are fickle and finicky about the sacrifice... Try a RingDing... :lol:

Eleni
06-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Good morning.
Ruth you sure are a busy bee.Find time to just relax today.You are an awesome lady
I am feeling better today. Unfortunately my sore throat did not take my appetite away.
But I am back on track.We finally got some rain and now I have to warm up pool again.Arthritis doesn't like that cool water. But sun and solar panels will warm it up quickly.
Tomorrow is weigh in day and who knows where scale will be. I don't think I will have a gain but will have to wait and see.
Everyone have a great day.

soon2Bfab
06-22-2005, 09:23 AM
Wow...lots of posts in here this morning!!
Ruth - instant! ewww.
Ellis - I know DBF is a keeper.....I think he's trying too hard!
Schatzi - You kill me!! I didn't have a sacfrice this morning....could be why I'm up to 215!!! YIKES!
Bamie - a quick hello to you too!
Eleni - hope the throat feels better soon!

Me:
Off to work in about 10 mins - yuck!
Back on phase I....scrambled eggs with green peppers & a v-8.
Scale is up to 215....I REFUSE to change my ticker! Hopefully this time next week I'm back to where I was.
Chicks - have a great day!!

fl_mom
06-22-2005, 10:02 AM
I thought I would stop in and say hi, show off my new avatar LOL

I am doing good since my backsliding this past weekend. The peanut butter cup dessert has really been the best thing to happen to me lately. I finally tried it after using all my willpower not to buy a reese cup at the store. It actually stopped my sweet craving instead of being a trigger like I thought it would. I love the recipe section :D I need to go buy some cocoa so I can try the black bean brownies.

ellis
06-22-2005, 10:08 AM
FloridaMom, LOVE your avatar!! Good going, girl! :cheer:

Eleni, take care of that sore throat, hon. :grouphug:

I'm just diddling around here... must go and get some work done... :wave:

Gryffgirl
06-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Hi ladies! It's raining today here and it's so overcast it's dark. Yuck. The weekend is supposed to be 90 and sunny though! I am spending saturday to sunday on the beach (the real one :lol: ) and I am so excited! It's my bf's and my 3rd year anniversary so we decided to splurge on a hotel neither of us can afford. :lol: I can't wait to lay on the beach and then swim in the ocean. I love to swim and it's funny because I am so into living healthy now that all I can think is how many calories I'll burn swimming in the waves. hehehe. Staying on plan won't be a problem because it's al lot of fresh seafood down on the coasts anyway and I am huge ocean girl.

I hope everyone has a great day on our little beach here. I am stalled out on weight loss but I hope to kick it into gear for week 2 of phase I. Hugs to everyone,
Gryff

anchor weight
06-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Morning chicks!

Ruth - I'm going to send you one of the those coffee makers that come on automatically and make your coffee while you are still in bed. :lol: Instant just won't do! Got to tell you the X got a bulldog puppy - his name is Bill we call him "wittle bill" he is darling and I'm going to try to get a picture and post it for you. He is darling.

Ellis - You are so up! I had to get blood work done this am so I couldn't eat anything until just a minute ago. Couldn't drink coffee either. :dizzy:

Schatzi - you crack me up :rofl:

Bami - Are you done working yet? :lol:

Eleni - Maybe your sore throat is due to allergies?

Soon - Have a good day!

FL Mom - I love that Peanut Butter cup - Saved me many times. Love the avatar!

Gryff - Have a good time!

I'm finally having coffee! Had a banner diet day yesterday! Hope to have another today! Go Pistons!

Kiko
06-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Quick post here..... we are having friends for lunch, so I am tryong to get the house in some order. Thankfully they are bringing lunch!

:) Happy Day!

mama.dragon
06-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Ellis: Did you bring me any coffee??

Schatzi: Good luck on the buyers. I do believe your maneuver was flawless. A loss is better than a gain.

Ruth: What happened? Did you sleep in this morning? Even if we reminded you to delegate, something tells me you would still be doing all this work. I hope Harry had a good night.

Eleni: Glad to hear you're feeling better.

fl_mom: I love your new avaar. Did you post the dessert to the reciepies. I bought the sb cookies. While the ingredients aren't terrific it does take away the craving something feeling.

Elllis: Do some work for me, please!

Gryfgirl: Enjoy!

Me: I finally feel well and DH feels crappy. Sheesh. This morning I was below 150 by 1/2 pound. First time in ages. I'm not changing my ticker just yet. We're supposed to be putting DD's swing set together. I guess it depends on how DH is feeling. It's always something around here.

Hugs to all,
Lydia

freckledfrog
06-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Ellis~~Thanks for the welcome!

Schatzi~~Your hilarious!! Good luck with the prospective buyers.

Soon2Bfab~~You'll be back to your ticker weight in no time!!

Flmom~~Hang in there!! That pb cup got me through many hard cravings. Even my 13 year old loved it! I noticed your a Navy wife. I am too. My husband is stationed in San Diego, but we live in Arizona. Long story. ;)

Gryffgirl~~Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! Have a great time!!

I just realized this morning that when I was at the store yesterday the lady at the deli counter gave me regular pastrami instead of turkey pastrami. I'm kind of bummed. Is regular pastrami okay to have? I also got stuff to make the Taco Bake. Can't wait to try that. Also when I came home I did some bags of chicken dump and froze those. I'm getting such wonderful ideas off of here. You girls are making this easy!!

Have a great day!!

Silicon Andy
06-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Morning all! I'm off to a job interview in a few, although I actually hope that either I do not get this job or that it does not begin until August, as I do need this little vacation! Plus, we are actually going on vacation in a few weeks and then my sister and niece are visiting, so I'd like to be home with them. We'll see. At least it's practice, although it's not a teaching job and that makes me kind of sad.

I've decided to stay on phase 1 for as long as I can manage it. Thanks for the advice, ladies. I've been looking at the phase 1 recipes here and am excited to try some of them. I made roasted garbanzo beans already, which are mighty tasty! It's just gotten hot here, so using the oven has lost quite a bit of its charm. I did stock up on more veggies yesterday, so I'll work on eating those, and I found THE BEST jalepeno ranch dressing that has less than 1g of carbs and 0g sugar, which will make that easier. I've been thinking that peppers spread with laughing cow would be good.

For some reason, I didn't realize that peppers were ok. I guess I thought since some of them are "sweet" they'd be a no-no.

I have about 100 lbs to lose (really more like 105), so staying on phase 1 until the scale moves a bit would be a good idea.

I'm going to take Ellis's suggestion and grab some coffee before I head to the interview. Wish me luck (I think).

active
06-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Good Morning Chicks,

This is a quick post to say hello and remind me I am still on SBD,day 3 Phase 1.
Yesterday was a little harder, but other than a sliver of cantaloupe I did great!!

Hello to each of you. Off to clean(ugh) and then organize home office.

Happy Summer on the Beach!!

Wanda

jenne1017
06-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Morning...

this is a drive by. At my "lowest" yet (minus the 3 weeks I ate nothing last October) and hit 193.4 this AM :)

hugs to all you chickies!

PHinsUP!
06-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Good MOrning chicks!
well, it's weigh in day again! - 2 lbs! woo hoo :cb:
and the lower number on my blood pressure was down to 81 in the normal range!! yay...the top number was 139...still needs to drop a bit to get it down in the normal range, but it's a lot lower than it was!
I'm only 1 lb from my goal for this month...but my exercise goal is toooo far away for me to reach!
I got my banana tree planted, I live close enough to the "tropical" zone that I can get away with planting it here...I'll just have to dig up the root in the fall and store it in a dry place. The garden center were I bought it actually had a real palm tree...about 10 ft tall! of course they wanted $700 for it and it has to be stored for the winter inside! They had already sold 3 of them!!!!!
Crazy people!
I have seen regular banana trees here with fruit on them...mine is a red banana tree and I don't know if red bananas are edible but they'd sure be cute!
My little lemon tree has lots of lemons on it! (sorry this should be on the gardening thread!)

Well, I've got to head to the gym..don't want to miss a day this week!!!

brandyns_moom
06-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Good morning ladies! :D

For those of you who don't know, I'm on day one of phase one here. Usually I'm a 2 meal girl: light lunch and really big dinner. No breakfast. I pretty much had to force myself to eat this morning. It was good (eggs and turkey bacon), but I just wasn't in the mood to eat. Do any of you have this problem?

I also attempted belly dancing for the first time this morning. Talk about funny! I wasn't very coordinated to say the least. Imagine a cow standing up on it's hind legs and attempting to dance. :dance: That's probably what I looked like. :lol: I did get a little better by the time I was done. I guess I just need a little practice.

Hubby and I are going to the movies tonight. That should be a big test of self-control. :corn: Wish me luck with that.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Toodles for now!

Christine :moo:

LOVE2C135
06-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Morning! You guys are a lively bunch this morning.

I love the stork pose! I have a digital scale though so it's not so easy to manipulate.

I didn't offer the weight gods a twinkie, but yesterday (my weigh in day), I was finally down a pound! I've been stalled for I think three weeks. Wahoo. I checked again this morning just to make sure, and it is legitimate! So, I'm 187.4 and trying not to be bummed that last year this same time I was 178. I'll get there though...

Hope you all have a great OP day!

mat0424
06-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Can you send some of that rain to Texas!!!! Mid 90's today!!!HOT HOT HOT!!!
Today I begin week 4. Haven't lost much in Phase II but I feel so much better and am in it for the long haul.
This weekend I am going on a girls weekend to Lake Travis. I am sure I can behave on the food...but the wine...8 ladies..no kids...no hubbies...lake house on the lake....I plan on doing some drinkin' LOL Maybe I should just eat lettuce and drink wine, it is made of grapes right:-)

mamaeli
06-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Once again, this is such a hoppin' thread! Welcome, freckled frog :wave:

This will be a quickie, as Mr. Rogers is almost over and then the attention span...........yes, Mommy the former teacher does use TV to babysit (shame, shame.)

Anyway, I was really bummed most of the month because the scale is not really moving. I'm down a little bit this morning, but my ticker is still not legit by 1.5 lbs. But, I decided to measure myself yesterday, and what did I find? Down 2.5-3 inches on the waist, and 1.5-2 inches on each thigh. So, even though it's not my "official" measure in at Curves, I'll take it. I feel a lot better about things, because obviously I really AM buidling muscle! I'm looking forward to the body fat-o-meter at Curves next week, hopefully it will be down more! :strong:

Oh, and the sports bra is great. No shake, rattle, or roll. ;) For anyone a bit larger on top, I really do recommend it. It's called the Enell sports bra and you can punch it in to any seach engine.

Okay, must go, a little almost three foot tall kiddo is now wide open.

fl_mom
06-22-2005, 01:12 PM
This thread is great ;)

mameli- I use tv too LOL I don't even feel bad letting my 1.5yo watch sesame street while I make lunch. The 5yo can keep himself busy, finally!

mat0424- I was outside earlier and omg, started sweating immediately and it's only going to be about 90* today. These are the days that I miss the mild summers we had when DH was stationed in Wa state.

Christine - do you have a belly dancing video? Sounds like a fun way to exercise though I don't know that I would ever let DH watch me practice. It makes me uncomfortable when I know he's watching me do my walk away the pounds videos.

Phins - Banana trees are really nice. We have palm trees all over the place but we don't have any in our yard. I was actually excited when we looked at this house and it had a regular tree in the yard.

That's all I have time for... be back later.

mama.dragon
06-22-2005, 01:23 PM
This will be a quickie, as Mr. Rogers is almost over and then the attention span...........yes, Mommy the former teacher does use TV to babysit (shame, shame.)

Oh, and the sports bra is great. No shake, rattle, or roll. ;) For anyone a bit larger on top, I really do recommend it. It's called the Enell sports bra and you can punch it in to any seach engine.

Okay, must go, a little almost three foot tall kiddo is now wide open.

Hey, I like Mr. Rogers. My dd is always telling me stuff that I have no idea where she learns it. TV isn't all bad. I'm going to check out that bra. I hate bouncing all over the place.

Lydia, mom to a tornado

Bamiegurl
06-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Just a quick lil drive by while I am home for lunch! Time to get back to work now after I caught up on the daily! lol Great rest of the day to you all!

Anchor...I'm thinkin Sept. now instead of Oct. She says she is not gonna take 12 weeks now so who knows! lol

angelshine90
06-22-2005, 02:03 PM
:( i sprained my right elbow in my sleep.....stop laughing....

:( iam in a cast...and very uncomfortable....waaaaaaa......

so thats my day today.....iam still working hahaha

PHinsUP!
06-22-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm sooooo sorry for you to have to wear a cast especially in the summertime!!!
I hope it gets better very quickly!!

angelshine90
06-22-2005, 03:00 PM
thanks...its only for 2 weeks...but still......soooo uncomfortable

beach bum
06-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Very Late today in posting. Went to the clam shake and had my :hun: fried clams.Not :nono: SB friendly,but who cares,ita a :woo: special occasion. W-I today and lost the [2 pounds] :cb: :dancer: :cb: that I put on at my DD's,but I still can't move the ticker down this week. Hopefully next week.

Ellis- thanks for the BD :hb: wishes,not 40 anymore,hit the big 65 today.My Moto" Its not how old you are ,but how you feel & how healthy you are,since on the South Beach." :beach: Right!!

Have a great day Hugs :) BB

mama.dragon
06-22-2005, 04:45 PM
:( i sprained my right elbow in my sleep.....stop laughing....

:balloons: :nono: That wasn't me laughing. It must have been Ellis. :rofl:

ellis
06-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh, my god, that was TOTALLY me laughing!
:lol3: :rofl:

Bamiegurl
06-22-2005, 06:59 PM
That is so funny...Not really but it is funny! Sorry your in pain...but dare I ask how you sprained your elbow in your sleep? You wern't wackin your DH upside the head like Ellis were you? tee-hee!

wenchybritches
06-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Hey Bamie! How did you know I used to beat my exhubby up in my sleep???? :lol3:

brandyns_moom
06-23-2005, 12:24 AM
Fl mom - I don't have a belly dancing video. Actually I don't have any videos at the moment. I'm getting stuff On Demand. It's free and I can try out different things to see what I like and don't like. I won't work out in front of anyone. Maybe if I get good enough at the belly dancing I'll do a dance for hubby, but until then... no way.

I cheated a little today. (First day and I already cheated. :twirly: ) We went to the movies (saw Batman Begins - it's really good). I was good and didn't have any popcorn. I brought pecans (yes I sneak food into theaters :devil: ) and didn't do a very good job at eating only 15. I ate the whole bag. It's not too bad. There were only about 30 in the bag, but still. I'll do better tomorrow.

I'm turning in for the night. Talk to you all later!

Christine :moo: