Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2001, 06:35 PM   #1  

I'm back at WW and happy to be there. My question is how do people feel about the Liberty Plan versus the Loyalty Plan? I personally have trouble if I don't go every single week. I know what to do, how to do it, and I'm only kidding myself when I don't go to meetings every week. Do other people have this same problem? In a way I wish WW had never offered the Liberty Plan (please don't get upset with me for those of you who like this option because I, too, think there are good points about it), because I chose to do it and that is when I quit WW the last time. This time I bought some book of prepay coupons and I intend to get there every week! I lose much better and generally at least something every single week when I do this. I was just curious what experiences others have had with Liberty vs Loyalty. Perhaps this isn't offered at all locations either . . . I don't know.
Old 06-04-2001, 05:10 PM   #2  
Rat Terrier Chick

Default No choice...

My WW franchise doesn't offer both plans, so I can't choose. I am forced to pay $11 for every meeting even if I don't go. If I DID have my choice, I would choose the Liberty plan and only go every other week. My franchise offered a Summer pass plan, 17 weeks for $144 and I bought one. I bought it early, on sale for $139. That's $8.18 per meeting. At least it is better than $11 a meeting! My center also offers a family plan now. The first member pays $11 and the additional members pay $6. Of course, when my daughter went to meetings with me they didn't offer this and we paid $11 each every week. It just doesn't seem fair that some of us end up paying more each week that others. I guess I am lucky the regular price is $11 and not $14 like some of the members here have to pay!
Old 06-04-2001, 05:35 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Default My franchise doesn't offer them either....

I would probably do the Liberty plan in case I had to miss a week even though the rate is a bit higher.

Here we have to pay for missed meetings whatever your rate is (either a coupon for the prepay plans, $11 for some HMOs and $12 for everyone else). If you miss alot of meetings they also let you pay the joining fees instead of all the missed meeting fees.

My region does offer a yearly membership thing that is $50 and if you miss a meeting you don't pay any rejoining fees or missed meeting fees.
Old 06-04-2001, 06:05 PM   #4  

I've never heard of a region fee before, but that would be VERY nice. I wish they offered that in our area!

I, too, think the Liberty Plan has some good things about it, but for me it was just a bit too much "liberty" going on and a whole lotta catchin' up the week before I was gonna weigh. I realize I was kidding myself, but for now I guess I'll try to stick with going in every week. My personal goal for that 10 week period is 15 pounds.

Gosh, I also wish the fees were the same for everyone . . . another money making gimmick (?), but at least this program works!!
Old 06-04-2001, 06:16 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Default I wouldn't call it a money making gimmick?

It is usually based on the local cost of living as well as how much money is needed for overhead for the franchises. If I recall the W/W International areas are all the same it's the franchises that are different.
Old 06-04-2001, 07:52 PM   #6  

I have not heard of that here in Southern Illnois. I like going every week, and have missed one. I pay $12 a week and paid $8 for the week I missed. I think going every two weeks for me would be a bad idea because I would be tempted to slide a few days knowing I had two weeks to make it up.

It takes a whole lot to keep me honest!!!!

Elaine

297/281/145 WW since 4/17/2001
Old 06-04-2001, 08:04 PM   #7  

Our region began offering the liberty/loyalty option about 18 months ago. I originally went with the loyalty (pay every week), but switched over to liberty this past fall. My reasons are two: I have been doing WW for over 2 years, and think that I'm getting less out of the meetings than I was, and second, I often have to work late (our meeting is at 5:30, wi begins at 5) so I have trouble getting there timely every week. However, when I first started, I needed to go every week. So far it's working for me except I have to mark down when I go so I don't end up going more than 6 weeks between meetings!
Old 06-09-2001, 07:02 PM   #8  

Default Liberty

Yeah, I went to liberty last summer... I had to, because after a year I was becoming obsessed and depressed depending on my weight... So,now, I go once a month it's financially and spiritually easier on me to go with the liberty plan...
Closed Thread