South Beach Diet - Tuesday Beach Chat - June 21

View Full Version : Tuesday Beach Chat - June 21

Ruthxxx
06-21-2005, 05:13 AM
Starting us up on the longest day of the year - well, longest daylight anyhow. :)

Today will be long and rough as I pick up Harry at 10 and install him in his new residence. I'll stay there to get him settled and have lunch with him. Then it'll be home to start the next chapter in Life which will involve getting on with it!

I hope everyone has a great day. Stop and smell the roses, OK? :cofdate:

ellis
06-21-2005, 06:31 AM
Ruth. It seems as though I just follow you around the forum telling you I love you. :lol3:
Hugs and prayers for you and Harry on this difficult day. :grouphug:
I'm glad you're looking for all the good in life, and I can see that you're finding it. I love you, sweetie. ;)

Kiko, I saw the photo of your children... they are BEAUTIFUL!! :love: You're so blessed. :) I hope the walking plan goes well! I'm doing the seven week running program from Prevention!

It's lovely and sunny out! It's darned sunny in here, too. I'm typing blind. The sun is RIGHT in my eyes! :lol:
Do you want the temperature? It's 15C (58F) going up to 29C (84F) with a "risk" of thunderstorms. I don't know why the heck they have to say "risk". :rolleyes: What's the risk? That our gardens might get a little much-needed moisture? ;)

My DD is in exam week, and she's home today. I forgot about the summer holidays, and that I won't have a day to myself again until September! :yikes: damn!

What's everyone up to today?

Schatzi
06-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Morning Chicks,

Ruth: Sending you hugs of support,I'm sure this will be an emotionally tough day for you :( . ..

Ellis: Today will be a lovely 86 degrees and I will be reading poolside..Enjoy some time with your DD!

My DH is such a love, every morning he pads downstairs headed for the Coffee.. he sees me on the laptop- and just knows What I'm doing and says " So how are the fat chicks doin this morning?" :lol: Yesterday he asked about you Ruth, and how "harry" was doing...He just thinks this site is wonderful ... when I've been tempted to cheat , he would say..."hmmm, what would the fat chicks say to you?" So to all of you Thankyou for all the support and words of wisdom!
Have a great day!

ellis
06-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Schatzi, what a lovely husband you have! :) It's hard to come by a good man, isn't it? (I've got one, too) ;)
Enjoy your pool time, you lucky girl! :wave:

Schatzi
06-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Yes, he's so wonderful I married him twice....once in a traditional catholic wedding... divorced and got remarried at the Viva Las Vegas Chapel by Elvis in Vegas.... so once by the Pope and the next by the King... :D

anchor weight
06-21-2005, 07:49 AM
Morning chicks!

Ahh back on the beach! Feels good. Except going to the bathroom no less than 5x last night. :p :lol: Oh well that's what I get for eating the turtle sundae last Friday.

Ruth - Many hugs and prayers for you right now.

Schatzi - So funny! Enjoy your day.

Ellis - Have a great day!

Me I'm off to work. And to have my cottage cheese and V-8. The doctor complimented me on my weight loss yesterday. She said the lump is just part of getting older. :p Me older? Somebody better let me in on that secret cause I don't feel older. :lol:

jenne1017
06-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Morning chicks!

Back down to 193.8. One more day of Phase 1, although I am tempted to do more, and back to more than one day of Phase 2. I am just busy trying to figure out when to eat the d@mn slice of bread!!!

Ruth -- hugs to you today

Ellis -- here's to garden rain!!! (Plus, storms aren't so bad to look at -- or fall asleep to! :lol: )

Schatzi -- my HB does that too :lol: It's a way of being supportive while blaming the chicks ;)

Amy -- Welcome back!!

Happy Tuesday all...

Bamiegurl
06-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Mornin chickies! Runnin behind this morning tryin to catch up on everything.

Ruth lots of hugs headin north for you today. I hope they make it up there at just the right time.

Ellis...We had major storms yesterday afternoon and lastnight and maybe more today. Just when DH got all the limbs picked up!!!!!!!! tee-hee!

Schatzi...What a dear you have!

Anchor....What is that doc thinkin? Your not getting older just better! lol

I'm off to finish getting ready for work! WooHoo! The only downside so far is that everyone there smokes but me! I burn my candle all day but it still can be overpowering when there is more than one person in there. Ok I gotta jet. Have a great day all!

Bamiegurl
06-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Hey Jenne!

mama.dragon
06-21-2005, 08:40 AM
I'm here but feeling crappy. My TOM is all messed up. The hormone swings are making me feel sick. I spent most of yesterday in bed. Today is looking a little bette.

Ruth, I hope all goes well. Hugs to you and Harry.

Schatzi, my husband and daughter think it's funny that I talk to the "fat chicks".

Everyone else, hugs.

Kiko
06-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Good morning!

Ruth HUGS to you today!

Ellis, Schatzi. Jenne, Mama, Bamie, and Anchor- Have a super day on the beach!

My plan to start the walking plan this morning is foiled as my DH had to go in to work early. I cannot quite get up my heartrate when walking with my 3 1/2 year old. I am just going to do a WATP tape- the 2 mile. It will probably kick my butt as I did ZERO exercise while pregnant. :(

Later gators!

jenne1017
06-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi Bamie, Mama and Kiko!!! :)

2BFIT1
06-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Ruth~Hope the transition goes smoothly for both of you :grouphug:

I've been up since 1:30 (thank you menopause!!). Nothing special planned for today.Tonight I'm going to make my first attempt at grilling a Teryaki Pork Tenderloin for dinner. I've been staying OP but still stuck on the same 2-3 pounds.

angelshine90
06-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Good morning everyone!
its a beautiful day and HAPPY summer! Today is a super long day :( yuk...work all day then class...I cant wait for friday I have it off..and it BETTER be nice cause i dont care if its raining i am going to the BEACH!
heheheh......enjoy the sun chicks!

active
06-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Good Morning Chicks,

First and foremost, hugs and prayers are being sent your way Ruth. I wish were the Dalhi Lhama and knew great words of wisdom to send to you. May God be with you!

Ellis, we are getting a little dry here also, after all our rain 2 weeks ago. I cleaned the grass from around the tomatoes yesterday. Is your DD just getting out of school, or is she taking a summer college class? I just continue to pay for my DD's apartment in the summer, and since she has a part time job near campus,it is working out well this summer. She is also taking 2 summer classes, she's really determined to graduate on time.(next May). My baby DD is at cheerleading camp this week, so the house is free.

Schatzi--What a sweet story.

Amy, Bamie, Jenn-- Good morning, girls, keep up the good work!!

Lydia--Sorry you feel so rough!! I just finished collecting a saliva sample for hormone testing. It is definintely one of those can't live with themm can't live without them!!!!

Me---I made it--YEAH!! I made it 100% through Day 1, Phase 1 !!! It really was great, and as I reflect on yesterday, I ate a heck of lot better food than I had been eating!!! Do I miss fresh juicy peaches? Yes, but by the 4th the season crop will be even better.

Got to go, hubby is painting the home office. I picked up the paint yesterday. Tell me if you think I've gone a little beachy. The colors are from the Seaside Collection, and I chose Sunrise Beach( pale yellow) and Dusty Aqau!!! I think they are just great.

Hugs and prayers,
Wanda

beach bum
06-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Good Morning Chicks:)

Horrah!! :cp: its the first day of summer,and tomorrows my :woo: birthday,going to a an offical senior of 65 years young.Going to our local Clam Shack for Lunch and than having a pork roast on the Barbie,with all the trimmings. Now if I can only get my weight down to reach my goal or a least to move my tracker down I'll be every :) happy.

We had an exciting evening in our community, 5 police cars :scooter: were out side with ther lights whirling around that woke me.Ran downstairs and watched for a hour. There was a fire:flam: in one of the house on top of the hill,which I couldn't see from where I was. This morning we went out to check and we don't see any evidense of a fire :flam: anywhere,hope one one got hurt.It will be in our local newpaper today of what happened. Other than that & alack of sleep,I'm OK.

Ruth-Sending your good vibes:goodvibes: and prayers for you & your DH. Its going to be hard, so hang in there.

Ellis-Its going to be another beautiful day, going to get my:flow1: :flow1: garden in shape,by shaping my hedges.Hope I have a keen eye to keep them straight,with the hedge trimmer.

Anchor- drink :coffee2: most of your water intake earlier in the day.I found that out from another forum I post to. 10 8oz glasses before 7Pm. Don't get up anymore.

Jenne-Congrat :cheer: on your weight & one day more on Phase 1. I would eat the slice of bread in the morning,so You have the whole day of activity to burn it up.

Bamie- I don't like second hand smoke either.Don't you have a smoking law?? When I was working,my office was in the front of the building(receiptionest)and we had a smoke room inright beside my room. I swear,my clothes reeked of smoke smell. YIKES:yikes:

Mmma Dragon-Sorry :sorry: about you not feel well,try to eat something to keep up your strenght,even if it soup. Send you some good vibes:goodvibes: your way.

Have a nice day, DH say he going to do the trimming in the garden,I'm alucky:lucky:gal also having a wonderful DH.

Hugs :) BB

Gryffgirl
06-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Well, it's been a week on Phase I and the scale says 10lbs lost. I don't know if it's lying to me or what, but we'll see. I hope I can lose more during week 2. Work has been so crazy I have been missing a good, full breakfast so that might be stalling me. I need to stop and get more veggies in my mornings.
So, I hope everyone's morning on the beach is going well! Happy Summer, officially. :D

Sheba's Mom
06-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Morning Chicks. Just a shorty this morning. We were wondering when summer was going to get here and it is getting here with a vengance today. Suppose to be 101 today with severe thunderstorms. Hope we don't have any forrest fires started from the storms.

Ruth - Good luck moving your hubby today. Hope all goes well. You are in our prayers :grouphug:

Kiko - I tried to look at your baby pictures but couldn't figure it out. Maybe someone can help me. :?:

Gryffgirl - :bravo: Congrats on finishing week one of p1 and your 10 pounds :goodscale

Beach Bum - Happy Birthday a day early!! :hb: :gift: :balloons:

Sorry don't have time to say hey to everyone. Hope you all have a great day on the beach.

PHinsUP!
06-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Good Morning Chickaroos!

Ruth: I'll send you some good ol' Southern Comfort (not the bourbon) to help you through your rough times! :grouphug:

Bamie: the storms totally missed us!! But I saw that from Huntsville east they were pretty rough looking! I don't think it rained here at all...I wouldn't know, I was working all evening!

My day yesterday was pretty good, I went to the gym and made it thru my workout! It was tough, just getting over what ever crud I had, and having missed my workout on Friday! The last day I was in the gym before that was Wednesday!

I'm gonna get out in my yard today and dig a hole. I bought a red banana tree Saturday and I want to get it planted. :cb:

Well I'm off to see about that hole!
I'll talk to Y'ALL later

Country Charm
06-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Good "longest day of the year" to everyone and "happy 1st day of summer"!!!! :D
Even though it has felt like summer for a looooooooong time here in South East Texas ~ :hot: it is going to get above 100 today.

Up 1.4 this morning :( ~ trying not to get discouraged ~ keep on a truckin' ~ getting really ready to start phase 2 :cheer:

beach bum
06-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Hi Back again:)

gryffgirl-Big congrat:cheer: on your 10 lb weight loss. WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!! you're doing great.

ShebasMom- Thanks :thanks: for the birthday:hb: wishes. Where still having the cooler temps here in the north.

PhinUp- Gee!! a banana :cb: tree. You must be living in the tropic zone. Good luck with your tree.

Country Charm-Did you ever consider that be Hot:hot: & humid:hot: where you live,you gain could be water retention.Just drink more water to flush out the bloating out.

Hugs :) BB

kissyjoy
06-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

Day 1, P1 is over and went well....onto another glorious day of P1. I'm more determined than ever to get rid of this extra weight!!! The beginning of April, I was down to 149 and I'd really like to be back there again (minus another 9 lbs)!

I have a meeting this evening with a bride at Starbucks and will avoid a frap like the plague! I don't think I'll order anything there tonight.

Ruth - We're dealing with getting my grandma settled into an assisted living place. She came out of the convalescent hospital a little over a week ago and was placed into "Life's Neighborhood" which is where patients with dementia are. She had been "seeing things" which put her into that section. Since she's been there, her mind has cleared up a lot and she will be moving into the assisted living portion. She is fighting it tooth and nail saying that she wants to go home but the family decided that it's not the best thing for her. When she came home after her first fall, we made sure that her place was accessible by walker and had a lifeline installed. 4 days later she fell again. Unfortunately, that was her last chance to prove that she can live on her own (she threw any caregiver out that came over to help her). I don't know exactly what you're going through and I'm sure it's a huge change, but I do relate to your situation. Good luck with moving Harry....you are an amazingly strong woman for taking care of him for as long as you have.

I'd love to be able to post to everyone but I've got to get some work done.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

RNMOM
06-21-2005, 12:04 PM
:gift: Happy 1st day of Summer. I wait for this day all year....especially about Jan or Feb.... :s: I'm definitely a sunshine type person. Should be about 90 here today....woohoo!

So I slipped last night and had a banana split, I'm pretty mad at myself :tantrum: It didn't taste that good either.

I'm getting ready to take a group of 10 girls from our church on a week long camp out. I love to camp normally, but I'm not sure how I feel about 12-15 year olds and camping.....eek!

Hugs to Ruth! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Country Charm, don't worry about the 1.4 pounds.........worry about the 10 :D

Phins, digging a hole in the front yard sounds like a workout. Banana tree? Will it produce edible bananas?

Gryfgirl, congrats on the 10# :bravo:

Beach Bum, wow Happy Bday almost! Enjoy!

active, congrats on the first day of phase 1! Success breeds success!

Bamigurl, I'm coughing for you!

mamadragon, hormones rule the world! Really!

Well, I'm off to sportsmans warehouse to see what there is to help me get through next week. Hugs to all.

Silicon Andy
06-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone!

It will take me a while to get everyone "straight" and to remember who said what in these daily posts!

This is supposed to be my first day of phase 2, but I'm worried that since I didn't lose weight on phase 1 maybe that means I did it wrong and should try it over. Any thoughts on this?

Already from reading posts here I've discovered that I need to:

1. Eat more veggies.
2. Drink more water.
3. Watch for "hidden" sugar (like in sauces, etc.)

Other than that, I've been really faithful these two weeks. A typical day looks like this:

breakfast: eggs, sometimes coffee with sugar-free sweetener and milk, sometimes some canadian bacon.
snack: string cheese or nuts
lunch: usually some sort of chicken or chicken salad, although in a pinch I've had cukes with hummus and feta cheese
snack: string cheese or veggies and dressing. If I'm feeling really lazy I just eat a can of green beans, cold. or nuts
dinner: grilled chicken or a burger with no bun, some sort of veggie as a side
snack: sugar free popsicle/dreamsicle or no sugar added fudgesicle (I can't find true sugar free and bought these before I realized they weren't truly sugar free).

I also generally drink one diet coke a day and have been known to have some sugar free jelly bellies or other sugar free candy (although not too much b/c of the problems too much of those things cause!).

I'm on summer vacation right now, so it's easy for me to deal with the most restrictive diet stuff now.

Sorry this is so long. I probably should have made it a different post.

My original question (for those of you who've forgotten) was should I do phase 1 a while longer or move on to phase 2?

Thanks,
Sarah

jenne1017
06-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Sarah --

Why don't you revamp your phase 1 by adding more beans, water and veggies and watch for sugar for a few days. If you seem to lose after 3 days, I would want to start over to see how much I can lose. If not, then move on to phase 2.

Great work and welcome!! :)

gofishin50
06-21-2005, 12:32 PM
:wave:TOP OF THE MORNING 2ALL U BEACHIN BABES!!!

RUTH...........:grouphug:May God bless and b w u and Harry on this day,keep ur spirits up for we r all here for u:love:.......

:dance:I moved my ticker:dance::encore:!!!!!!! Took me 2looooong weeks,a blessing from the scale Gods and a 1 legged stork weighin but I finally got it.....1lb down:goodscale:!!!!! I looked on my calender and saw SUMMER BEGINS,who the :censored: makes these decisions :mad: ,,It's been summer here n Texas since April??????

ELLIS(aka ROCKSTAR)......... :s: U shld probably b wearing one of ur pair of SUNGLASSES while posting:lol3:!!!!!!!!!!......

SCHATZI........U r so funny :lol: !!!!!

ANCHOR.......As for as "a lump is a part of getting older",,My doctor say's "how did u feel this lump and not all the others:fr:!!! Like a fine wine,we just get better w/age!!!!!

MOMMADRAGON........FAT CHICKS RULE:cheer::coach:!!!!!

2BFIT1........Welcome 2the world of hot/cold/sweaty/sleepness nights faternity:crazy:!!!!!......

BEACHBUM....:gift::woo:HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2MORROW!!!!!

JENNE,BAMIE,KIKO,ANGELSHINE,ACTIVE,GRYFFGIRL,SHEBA 'S MOM,PHINSUP,COUNTRYCHARM,KISSJOY,RNMOM AND SILICON ANDY......HOWDY:wave:!!!...so many posting:gossip:,I'll miss the YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS:nono: trying to post 2all:comp:!!!!!

I am off for 2days so wl check bk in later,,,,,,,,,,,:beach:HAVE A BEACHIN DAY AND NO THROWING SAND.................GOFISHIN:dancer:

mamaeli
06-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Hey, everyone! :wave:

Ruth--my thoughts are with you today. You're so strong. Admirable, really.

SilAndy--welcome, and I agree with Jenne.

RN--funny, huh, how we think we'd love something so much, and then hate ourselves afterward, and realize it wasn't even that good? ( I do that all the time.) There's a poster at Curves, it says, "I'm in the mood for some ice cream (strike-thru) self-respect." I try to remember it--but don't always succeed.

Phins--I notice that, too, when I miss few days how hard the next workout it. Our bodies get rusty really fast. I still need to get on my Gazelle today. (Haven't used it in forever.) Jog/walked yesterday, and my knees kind of hurt today, so I think I'll go very low impact today. Wish me luck actually getting on it! :tread:

Gryff--WooHoo! :bravo: :cheer: I know it was SO hard for you--the sweet feeling of success makes it all worth it, doesn't it?

Beachbum--happy early birthday! No cake, unless it's SBD friendly. Enjoy your clam shack. :balloons: :hb:

Kiko--any way DS 1 can ride her bike, hot wheels, etc. while you walk? Or play at a neighbors? I feel for you.....I've missed Curves all week because of childcare issues.

Ellis--good luck with the running.

We slept super late this morning (9:30!) Don't know why, but we were so tired yesterday, and are trying to get DS to sleep in his own bed all night. So for an hour in the middle of the night I was in his room, trying to get him to fall back asleep in his bed. I think he crawled back in at usual wake up time (7:15) and we all fell back asleep--sound asleep! Felt good, though. Ate breakfast at 11:30, so I guess that wasn't so good. Am going back on P1 for the rest of the week, at least. I've had some small "cheats" this month, but I don't think enough to keep me from losing any weight all month.....and after Sunday's fiasco, I need to mentally and physically regroup. Anyway, we'll see what this does. Since so many are posting menus lately, here's a sample of mine

B--2 eggs, scrambled with beans, zucchinni, tomatoes, peppers, and topped with salsa and cottage cheese

S-usually none, not hungry. sometimes peppers with laughing cow lite. or soynuts.

Lunch--salad (spinach, romaine) with cucumbers, tomatoes, and celery, boca burger and a half with LF mayonniase and dijon mustard

S-this is my big downfall was ricotta cream, until I nixed that. have had peanut butter cup a couple of times--my amounts get me--usually three SF fudgesicles and a tablespoon on PB. or canadian bacon with RF cheddar and tomato slices.

D- a sample: grilled chicken fingers with Emeril's Rosemary Ghaalic marinate brushed on them, zuchinni and summer squash sauteed in olive oil with onions and ground black pepper (yum--I love this stuff, my mom used to make it all the time) and some green beans. Some whole wheat noodles. Also have had couscous, brown rice, etc. This is usually where I have my starch for the day.

S- if I feel like it, a SF fudgesicle.

Sometimes will nibble (really--five or six bites) of fruit with DS in midnorning or afternoon snack time. Grapes, mangoes, kiwi. Sometimes will drink soymilk lite with breakfast at or nite with snack.

Yes, I'm getting about 80+ oz. water a day, plus coffee with FF half and half and crystal lite.

Yes, I'm exercizing at Curves or jog/walking a 3 mile trail pushing a 30 lb child in a stoller up large hills for 1.5 of those miles.

So what am I doing wrong? Because I've stalled. Grump.

mamaeli
06-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Fishin'--posted after I read, yay! on the loss. :cb: Enjoy your time off.

soon2Bfab
06-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Afternoon chicks! I'm just now getting a move on. I was in bed drinking diet pepsi & watching Britney Spears' reality show......that's 30 mins I'll never see again!
I go back to work tomorrow & I'm not looking foward to it!
DBF is showering me with presents to try to get me to smile....so far I have a new grill, new oil sprayer, new cake stand, new towels with matching wash clothes, the Carmen Electra's strip tease exercise video box set, 3 new scrapbooks and he bought & put together my new scrapbook desk....he's something else....he's really trying to help. He even answers my cell when my sister calls so I don't have to listen to her craziness!
Well I don't dare get on the scale....I didn't take my own advice. I have been eating pizza & beer, one day I had meat loaf, potatoes, mac & cheese and a brownie (1 sitting by the way!) yesterday I had nachos and ice cream! So tomorrow it's back on the scale & phase I.

Well I'll see you guys tomorrow..have a great day!!

Bamiegurl
06-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Bechbum...No smoke free zone unless I go outside. The owner smokes so what do ya do!? lol I need to get me an air purifier! lol

Looks like y'all were a lil chatty this morning! lol

Soon...What a sweetie! I don't care what happened DH is not goin to be showering me with gifts! I just hate the reason behind this shower! ;-) Sounds like a keeper! lol

Phins...Y'all missed a big one! Lots of trees down everywhere...of course they are mainly Bradford Pears! lol

I'm headin to get some stuff done around here. Have a good evening all!

2BFIT1
06-21-2005, 06:15 PM
2BFIT1........Welcome 2the world of hot/cold/sweaty/sleepness nights faternity:crazy:!!!!!......
That's exactly it!!!!! Sucks don't it????!!!!!

anchor weight
06-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Go fishin - I figure it may be a good excuse to have the twins put back where they are supposed to be! :lol: They are getting lumpy so I might as well hoist them back up again. Maybe that could be my present to myself if I ever reach my goal.

Soon - ;) We are waiting for you on the beach baby! Come on back.

Sarah - I can't help but think maybe you are getting too many calories? Try fitday.com and run everything through there. That is what I have to do to keep myself honest.

Gryff - 10 pounds is nothing to sneeze at sister! Good job.

Barb or RNMOM - Not sure which one gave me the advice about the water early in the day. I know I drink too much at night but I do that so I won't be hungry. :?: I consume most of my calories in the morning/early afternoon and then eat very small at night. Hopefully the getting up 5x at night will subside. Thanks!

First of all it is bloody :censored: hot here again! Watch out Ellis - it's coming your way. But I did manage to work out tonight. I didn't do any weight work cause that is what seems to screw up my back. I'm at 1100 calories for the day and I just burned about 600 off. Back on the beach baby! Have a good night chicks.

freckledfrog
06-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Hi there. This is my first time posting here, although I've been lurking for quite some time. I'm actually on day 3 of Phase 1 and feeling much better than the first couple of days.
I have to say this is a fantastic site and I'm finding so much valuable information. I have my recipes printed out, my shopping done and I'm ready to get serious.
I hope to learn alot from all of you and share in some good (and I'm sure not so good) times.