Dieting with Obstacles - Fibromyalgia #142

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia #142

MemeToo
06-20-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm back!

It took us 7 1/2 hours to make a 4 hour trip ... 3 accidents and road work. We sat in traffic ... unreal. We were just about stopped for nearly an hour on the mountain going. Then, coming back down the mountain on the way home it pour the rain. At the cemetery yesterday our visit was cut short by rain, also. Then, when we got to my Aunt's house after the decoration (a lot of us congregate there afterward) it was raining so hard we couldn't even get inside. We sat in the driveway in cars forever before we decided to finally just make a run for it. We were so wet. We were all laughing our heads off, though. We're a crazy bunch of people ... wet people laughing because we were wet. My cousin came in soaked ... her husband said, "I was afraid I was going to scratch her car with the umbrella so I was holding it over her and yelling go to the left and she just STOPPED ... right in the middle of the driveway in the rain ... she just STOPPED." She was dying laughing. She said, well ... see ... I was trying to figure out which way was 'left'. My hubby said, "That's a SHEPHERD thing (that's all of our mother's maiden names) because she (pointing at me) does the exact same thing! :p I looked at all my other cousins and they all just hung their heads ... guilty! :lol: It rained every day but we still got to see everyone and managed to have a good time in spite of it. My aunt that's in a rest home is really bad ... I went at lunch time and helped her with that. I took her some candy ... she loves chocolate. She acted like she knew me but I'm not sure if she did or not. She was always real comical. She told my husband why didn't he grow a wart on his nose so he could pick at that and stop picking on me! ;) She's a mess! She did say I was always her favorite and she's told me that since I was just a little girl ... so maybe she did remember me somewhere in her swiss cheese brain. The next time I go will probably be for her funeral ... that makes me sad!

Pain wise, I'm at about a 20 right now. NC always makes me hurt worse. And the bed was horendous. Like laying on the floor and we bought an eggshell mattress for my bed. I dread KY next month ... that's for FOUR nights!!!

Hi to the new member of our thread ... I'm in a brain fog tonight and can't remember your name ... was it kaplods or something like that? Anyway, welcome. Let me get rested up and I'll do better next time, I promise!

Tammy, I'm glad you had a good trip, too. I loved history when I was in school but I wasn't real big on the battle grounds. Have you ever been to Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga? I've been to that one a few times ...

Mima ... you sure are eating a lot of different kinds of foods ... what's THAT all about??? Maybe you said and I just missed it.

Awesome picture Joanne ... you look so nice. I love the white dress (and the CROWN!) Neat!

Anne ... all that traveling around would kill me. I'm getting to be a homebody!

Where's Candice? Probably pulled all her stitches out by now!

Tammy
06-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Meme, that is too hilarious about the rain and the relatives!! My husband always makes a comment about Schmidt blood (my mother's maiden name) when I do odd things. My cousins are just like me.

It sounds like maybe your aunt did know you. That's sad knowing that the next time will be for a funeral. I know that feeling.

I've never been to Lookout Mountain. Maybe that will be a trip we'll need to take. I was on-line making more reservations last night. When Tim comes home from Europe, we are picking him up in Detroit then heading for Mackinaw City. Instead of driving all the way there that night, we'll be staying in Frankenmuth. Love that town (and the shops!!!)

Meeting friends for brunch this morning. I made a big fruit salad. Yummy!! Later Tim and I are off to the dentist. I keep marking things for a garage sale. My sil and I haven't decided for sure which week we are having it, but I'm trying to get ready a little bit at a time. Before Tim leaves for Europe, I need to have him carry things out of the basement.

Joanne D
06-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Meme- That was a fun but tiring weekend.. I was not alone.The dress is really nice. I don't know when I will wear it again. I don't dress up much in the summer. It is a size 10.. Now all I have to do is keep the weight off. That is harder for me than anyone knows. I stay right on the edge of goal. I would like to lose 5 more to feel safe. I just go up and down with 1-3 lbs. I guess as we get "younger" everything gets harder.I guess we were on at the same time last night. You are getting the rain we want here in west central Fl. It is cloudy ,maybe tonight.
Tammy- Sounds like you have a nice trip lined up. Have fun.
Hello everybody..I am going to the T/M.. Just vision 1 hour on a T/M.Joanne

Tammy
06-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Joanne, I don't dress up too much either. I guess maybe teaching older kids, I'll wear more dresses. With the 2nd graders, I was usually in pants (sometimes dresses) because I tend to get down on the floor. Well, I used to get down on the floor more than I have in the past year.

Right now I have a couple boxes on the T/M that I need to go through for garage sale items. If I don't bolt things down, I think Bob will sell everything!!

MemeToo
06-22-2005, 02:35 AM
Sometimes I think I'd like to just sell everything and start all over ... that is if someone else would come in and box it all up for me and carry it off! I look around and I wonder how I got so much STUFF! ? ! :p

I've been up to Mackinaw a few times. I like it up there. We went out to the Island and road bicycles all the way around it when my daughter was only 2 weeks old. (Don't ask!) ;) Wish I could still ride a bike! I'd like to lose 5 more pounds, too, but I'm not going to diet. If it happens, it happens. I'm just eating when I'm hungry and what I want to eat. My problem is, I've been craving chocolate lately. REALLY CRAVING IT. Wonder if I'm pregnate!!! :D

My back has been quickie since I slept on that bed last weekend ... not good!!! Hubby told me tonight we could cancel our trip next month if I wanted to. I don't know what to do. Nika is getting haircut tomorrow ... I'm kind-of worried about what she's going to look like without all that hair. Right now she looks like a little bear cub! ;)

Tammy
06-22-2005, 07:04 AM
Meme, my son always rides a bike on the island. I always did too until last year. I don't think I'll be doing it any more with the fibro.

I eat when I'm not hungry, which isn't a good thing.
Pregnant?

Nika is so cute! You'll have to send us a picture after the haircut.
Plans for the day - go get the last few things for Tim's trip (phone cards, card for camera, another pair of pants). I hope that's it. This trip is getting even more expensive!!!

MemeToo
06-23-2005, 03:35 AM
I'm kidding, Tammy.

KIDDING!!!

;) :D :p

MemeToo
06-23-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm still crying over Nika's haircut. It's killing me that she doesn't look like a baby anymore. I look at her and say, "Who are you." Then she jumps on me and starts to rip off my clothes ... and I remember! :p

http://www.memeart.com/images/14sm.jpg
http://www.memeart.com/images/11sm.jpg

Tammy
06-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Meme, lol, Ok, so you aren't pregnant. Me either, and I haven't had TOM since the beginning of May. Stress from the stuff at school and Tim leaving for Europe????
Nika still looks cute!!!

Joanne D
06-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Meme- The haircut really changed the look of your baby.. What breed is she?
Tammy- I wouldn't worry about TOM unless you think you are pregnant. :lol:
That stopped for me at 38. I haven't missed it at all. The Dr said I was pre cancer. Surgery was done but they left the ovaries. I had to take care of that this past fall. No fun..
Tell the son to be real safe on his trip..
It has been a quiet few days. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Hello everybody..Joanne

MemeToo
06-25-2005, 12:42 AM
I just opened a Dove chocolate and there is little 'sayings' on the inside of the wrappers. This one said, "Learn something from everyone you meet." That's really hard with some people ... And what some have to teach might corrupt me! :p Hubby opened one the other night and started rubbing my leg ... I said, "What the heck are you doing." He said, "Well, the paper said 'Do what FEELS good!'" :D I smacked him! ;)

Nika is a toy poodle. Joanne ... that stopped for me after I had my daughter at age 24. My uterus fell and grew to my back after she was born and I had to have it taken out, like you, when she was in Kindergarten. I had such backaches I had to stop going to college. Didn't know what was causing it until I finally went to a OB/GYN. I actually wanted another child and we tried but it never happened. Guess those little spermies couldn't swim that far. They left my ovaries, too. Still have them.

My day absolutely STANK. I couldn't get anything done for the dufusses in my driveway asking stupid questions ... over and over ... and the phone ringing. I'm telling you what ... they ask and I answer and then they ask the same question five minutes later. And while I'm out there with one the phone rings FOUR times with more dufusses calling. So help me I wish I hadn't run that last ad in the paper. I'll get started doing something and the phone will ring ... by the time I get off the phone I forget what I was doing ... so I start doing something else ... just get into that and the stupid phone rings again. I was trying to get my house half way clean because we had company tonight. I had to just close the door on my bedroom ... it's a disaster. And I don't even want to talk about the basement! All my jeans are dirty and I haven't even started on the wash from last weekend ... I'm so far behind I won't be caught up until July and I have Ross and Jenna next week! :eek:
Can I come stay with some of you guys until summer is over??? I promise I'll wash my jeans before I come ... :p

Tammy
06-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Joanne, nope, not pregnant. Just thinking about it at this age scares me!!!

Meme, too funny about hubby doing what feels good. lol
You can come to my house, and I'll even let you wash your jeans here if you wash our stuff too. Will that work?

Mima
06-26-2005, 07:55 AM
Good morning-we came back yesterday from Maine. It was so hot-96-we went to the Strawberry Festival in the am and then decided we might as well be home with the central air. We are going to a grad. party today and my church is having the 50th anniversary mass at 4. It's a bit cooler. Joanne, that pic is gorgeous!!! My daughter has been having stomache pains and vomiting-had some tests-waiting for the results! Spounds like gall bladder to me-she's 27 but my sil had hers out in her 20's. If it is, I hope that they can do laproscopic. My stomache seems to have calmed down but it's not perfect. Maybe I will have to live with it because I have so much diverticulosis. Or maybe have surgery????? The dog threw up big time this morning. Our neighbor feeds him-I will have to ask him not to give him so much. The minute we got home he went over there. Oh yeah-the place we were camping did not have their pool working and that's why I picked that campground!!! Yesterday was a big time pool day! But we still had a good time-I read 2 books and made another baby poncho. And we walked quite a bit and Brad's cousin took us out to eat. Bye for now. Mima

MemeToo
06-27-2005, 01:31 AM
Now that's what I've been talking about. I'm not sure I even WANT to go anywhere for our anniversary next month. It's just going to be TOO hot! It's supposed to be in the 90s here this week and it's even hotter in July. We were supposed to go to KY for a convention and decided to cancel that. Well ... I called the Hyatt yesterday to cancel our reservations ... good thing we decided not to go ... they had LOST our reservations and were completely booked for the convention. We didn't even HAVE a room reserved according to them. Hubby's talking about going to the mountains now. It would be a bit cooler but even that will be hot. And we've been there so many times. I told him I'm about in the notion of letting everyone BELIEVE we're going but just staying at home! :p Maybe we'd have some peace and quiet that way. If we stay here and everyone KNOWS we're home they'll bug us to death ... will you do this and that. My pastor asked me to drive all the way back to town tomorrow and make a bank deposit when he KNEW he was going to be right there ... at the bank. I didn't know he was, though. I thought a minute and said ... well, I hadn't planned to go to town tomorrow (it's about 15 miles to the bank from my house). Could it wait 'till Tues when I go get my grandkids? (I told hubby and he said it could've waited). He just looked at me. So I repeated my question a different way and said, it's a pretty good little drive into town ... if it won't hurt until Tues. I'll be glad to do it for you. Then he said, I'll just do it ... I've got to go to the bank anyway. Can you beat that. He was going to let me make a trip all the way to town when he was going to the bank anyway. I almost got righeously indignant! :p I must have a sign on my back or something because people do me like that all the time. I'll probably wind up going somewhere next month ... just to get away from everybody & get some rest!!! ;)

I sang a 'Blue Grass' song in church this morning. Ever hear of the Isaacs? It was one of theirs. I think I kind-of shocked everyone. That's not usually my 'style'. It was kind-of fast and wild! A real toe tapper!!! :lol: I usually sing songs by Janet Paschal, Karen Peck or Jeff and Sheri Easter ... soft and slow. But I was rockin' baby! :D

http://wtv-zone.com/caseman/1/gifs/hillbillband.gif

Mima
06-27-2005, 07:58 AM
You know that I know all those singers-what song did you sing-we have a lot of bluegrass cds-We went to the party for Brad's step-granchild-deliscious hamburger-went home and cooled down and went to my church's anniversary Mass-it started to pour when we left the house so we waited to go in but finally I went and Brad came later-but people took his seat-I couldn't say no to them!! So he stood!! But it was an awesome celebration in the heat-the priests and the Bishop in their robes!! We have a Spanish community so they did some in English and some in Spanish. Even the music and then they had a beautiful CATERED buffet-the caps are for Meme-after the service. I have only been there 3 years so I didn't know all the former Pastors but the 74 year old one that we have now is awesome. Anyhow-that storm brought down major power lines on RTe 2 and it was closed for 4 hours. Brad went down the street to get milk and he couldn't get across so he came back. It's all fixed now. It's supposed to be cooler today-my kids will be here a week from Friday so I have to Evan proof the house. I also bought new sheets and a pillow-top mattress cover so I will put them on the bed, Bye for now, Mima ,who was awake for 2 and a half hours last night.

Joanne D
06-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Meme- Do believe I would have had a few words to say to the pastor.. I guess it takes a lot of gall to request something of someone that you can do yourself.Take your trip and enjoy every minute..We are going to a beach in the panhandle next month. My hubby already has pictures of the sharks in the water up there saved..It will be major kick butt time when he starts his rampage about us going in the water.
Mima..We had a good rain last week. It has been raining big time south of us.
It is hot and a lot of sunshine here. I get on the T/M most every day. Can't take the heat to walk to the beach . I really like that best.
Hello everybody...Joanne

Happy Canuk
06-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Hello to all of you.

Mima and Tammy - glad you had a good little holiday.

Meme - busy as ever. That is ridiculous, that the minister would ask you to take the deposit when he was going right there!!! How silly is that? You could always come here if you want cool weather.

Joanne - that is a beautiful picture of you. You are looking good. I hope that you are feeling good now.

Candice - you are worse than me, at posting. Where are YOU?????

Well, hubby is now back to work, after having holidays since June 1st. We were going to go to Banff National Park, one of the most beautiful places in the world, but it has been raining and cold the whole month. Couldn't see how the mountains would be fun at all. Banff even had snow!! I think we have had 3 decent days this whole month. We have been having so much rain, and all the rivers in Alberta are flooding, and so many are losing their homes and farmland. No drought for sure THIS year!

I hope you all have a good day.

MemeToo
06-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Mima ... CAP this!
http://memeart.tripod.com/smiley32.gif

The song was "Friend 'Till The End"

Mima
06-28-2005, 06:43 AM
Thanks Meme-too funny. The truth is our church hardly ever has a buffet so they sure couldn't afford the catering. Our next thing is the Fair where you have to pay for the food. Wow-just found out that Southwest Air is going into FT Myers and I have a 100 dollar credit to fly Jessica in there. Wow-I have been waiting for this-there were rumors. Now trying to rent a ramp for when Al is here!!! Boy-did I work yesteday!!! I get the spurts of energy after being away. Brad had a service call to a meat place and they gave him 4 pounds of thawed out hamburg which I promptly made into meatballs and cooked. Problem-they weren't spicy enough. Wanted to sserve them when Mike was here. Maybe I'll break them up and use for sauce and season more. Couldn't refreeze without cooking. having a party with about 25 people. Don't know what the menu is!! It's not going to be fancy. Maybe the dessert will be a bd cake for Brad whose bd is the 20th. Meme-you sure are talented with those characters. Joanne, I can see why you don't walk outside-haven't walkes since we were in ME. That's the abbreviation for Maine-Once I had a package sent to MA and they sent it to Maine because they thought MA was for ME. Someone actually sent it back-it was a birthday present for my girlfriend. It was too funny-it was also the wrong gift. Mima

Tammy
06-28-2005, 11:14 AM
I would have had a few words to say to that pastor too! Why would he ask someone to do it for him if he was going to be right there at the bank anyway? It sounds like the principal at school asking the secretary to run errands all over the building for him. Wouldn't hurt him to get up and walk a little bit.

It has been in the 90's here too. We've even had some rain accompanied by thunder and lightning. Kramer (dog) doesn't like the storms at all.

Tim called at 9:30 this morning. They made it to London safe and sound. I was a worry wart of course until I heard his voice. He said the flight was a little over 7 hours, and the food was great!! That impressed him. He was calling from beside Windsor Castle. Apparently one of the French horns was destroyed during the flight. They don't know what happened, but the girl is just sick about. I wonder if they will be able to borrow one for the different concerts that they will be doing? Hope so. Travel to Europe to perform and then not have an instrument. Poor girl.

MemeToo
06-28-2005, 02:35 PM
We're having the same kind of weather as you, Tammy ... and Nika doesn't like it any better than Kramer!!! The exclamations are for Mima!!! :lol: (I'm just messing with you, Mima!!! ... 'Cause I LOVE you!!!) ;)

I have dropsy today ... for those of you who don't know what dropsy is it's what my older ancesters used to say when they didn't have any energy so they got up to do something and just 'dropped' back down. :D I can't seem to focus on anything productive. Yesterday I cleaned some on closets. I packed up all my XL sweaters ... had a whole large rubbermaid tub full. One still had the price tag on it. I guess I could sell all this stuff but I'm so afraid I'll gain the weight back. I've even lost weight in my feet and a bunch of my shoes are too big! I didn't know you could do that. I was going to start on my suits and dresses today but I just have no energy. My closet is already looking pretty empty. I have three closets. I'm working on the walk-in right now. I have all my dress clothes in there. Then I have a long closet in my bedroom where I keep my everyday clothes. I'm going to have a lot of stuff to throw away from that one. I had two trash bags full from yesterday. Hubby is going to have a cow - I threw away two trash bags week before last from the dressers and chests ... underware & pjs and stuff that was old & way too big. Then I have a closet in the play room that goes all the way across a 10' wall that has clothes in it that are too big for me. It's stuffed. I really dread going through that one. Most of those are good. I've already given some of them to my Mother-In-Law. I'm thinking about giving her some more. I just hate to get rid of them because most of that stuff is like new but it's anywhere from sizes 14 to 18. Oh ye of little faith. :p I wish I could give some of it to my daughter or DIL but they both wear at least a 22 or 24 now. I told my daughter I have all these clothes. I told her to lose weight and I'd give them to her ... she wouldn't have to buy a thing as she lost. These clothes are expensive and they are beautiful. They came from Penney's, Peebles, Sears, Dillards, etc. Some of the sweaters I packed away cost $50. I have dresses in the other closet that cost close to $100 and she could have them all if she would just lose the weight. But ... I can't make her.

Gotta get to work. I have to go get Ross and Jenna from summer school soon. They are staying with me 'till Saturday. I won't be getting much else done this week! Their parents have gone to Chicago!!! (Love you Mima. Hope you can find a wheelchair ramp for Al. Or - you could just rent her a wheelchair like this one! If it isn't moving, refresh the page and watch it climb the stairs.) ;)

http://www.whitaker.org/pics/chair.gif

Happy Canuk
06-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Today, I have "dropsy" right along with you Meme!

Boy, what a packrat! My hubby and I share a walkin closet. I do have more of it than he does. I have NEVER been a packrat and can't, personally, stand all that stuff around me. When I was working, I wore LOT's of jackets, because it was always so darn cold in those buildings. I bought a new one every spring and Fall and then GOT rid of one of the old ones. You can only wear so many clothes. I have a friend that had closets FULL of clothes, like tons of pants. How many did she wear? Mostly, her newest acquisitions. The rest just hung there because she had paid a lot of money for them. What is the logic in that???? If you DON'T wear them, get rid of them.

I refuse to go below size 12, because then I can NEVER get clothes to fit me. Pants are the hardest, because they don't make them long enough. I have to been to size 10 many, many times but preferred to stay at size 12, where I was most of the time.

No sunshine again today, just more showers coming. This has sure been a wet month for us. However, we have had drought conditions for a long time and the moisture is needed.

Hope everybody is having a good day.

Mima
06-29-2005, 06:40 AM
Hi All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I would feel bad about getting rid of all those clothes-I usually give them to Salvation Army and take a tax deduction. Just save a few of the really expensive ones. Just think of the joy someone like me would have finding them in a thrift store. There is also consignment storews where you get a percentage. The thrift stores in FL have awesome clothes-brand names-for 1-4 $. I would rave about finding a good buy. Brad has rented an excavator for today and he is going to start digging up the yard. But he says he will practice away from the house. The ramp guy never called me basck-Mike said it was ok. Someday ! They are only going to be here for 3 nights-ok with me cuz I will see them in October.
That poor girl that had her instrument damaged. I hope it works out. I went to England and France once-it was awesome. Bye for now-Mima

Joanne D
06-29-2005, 08:10 AM
Hello Everybody- I hate giving away clothes too. I usually wear them forever. I gave 3 huge garden bags full away to Tops. They were too big. That felt sorta good. I had to make more. Now some of them are too big. I can wear a 10 but 12 feels better.It depends on the style..
Happy- Dropsy was what the Dr's used to call the heart dz. where there was too much fluid in heart and body. Now it is just fluid retention.
Mima- I don't go to thrift shops much. I have a lot of friends that do. My mother used to buy all her clothes there. You can find some good buys sometimes.
Bye...Joanne

MemeToo
06-29-2005, 12:56 PM
I know I'm awful ... you don't have to tell me. I just can't seem to make myself get rid of all those clothes. I guess I just don't trust myself to stay at this weight. To my credit, I have thrown out 3 trash bags full so far. And I have given my MIL quite a few things ... and I am willing to give my daughter the rest of it. That's one of the main reasons I've hung on to most of it ... I'm hoping she'll lose weight and be able to wear it.

I picked the kids up at 4 yesterday afternoon and Jenna said, "I've been wishing for you all day." Isn't that sweet. Then last night before she went to bed she said, "Meme, do you think you could come a little 'quicker' tomorrow?" I said, "Maybe." She said, "What time?" I said, "What time do you want me to come?" She said, "How about 3?" I said, "I think I might could manage that." So this morning, on the way to school, she said, "Meme, don't forget you're supposed to pick us up at 3. It would be terrible if you forgot your grandchildren." I thought I'd crack up. She wanted to watch Jurassic Park last night so I sat down with her to monitor! Everytime a dinosaur was about to eat someone, I turned the TV off and waited a few seconds and then turned it back on. She'd get so mad. She'd say, "I'm a big girl now, I won't get scared. I said, "Even so, you're not sleeping with me tonight ... so we'll not be watching any people get eaten by big scaly lizards!" ;) I think we're going to take them to see 'Herbie: Fully Loaded' Friday night.

Mima
06-30-2005, 06:18 AM
Jenna sure sounds like a sweet girl. I found some toys in the attic for Mr. Evan-even a train set for him later-it was my middle son's. Getting a lot done for the visit. Trying to decide on the menu-had cold cuts last year. Keep it simple I say. I am going to make cookies and brownies and freeze them. Brad rented an excavator and dug up the yard-he was like a little kid that couldn't go out to play when it rained for 2 hours-he finished at 8 and did a nice job-he will rent it one more day later on and dig up the sidewalk. Candice, how are you feeling? What a week of weather-it's just like FL. but it is supposed to break on Sat. Went to a Fair meeting at church-we are going to have a workshop for kids to make some picture frames to get them involved. I can be a teacher for a morning. Bye Mima

MemeToo
06-30-2005, 10:53 AM
Well they weren't so sweet when they came in my room this morning at 7 a.m. and demanded that I get out of bed ... & I have a headache this morning. I've been having those more often lately. Guess I'm going to have to go back and see the Neurologist. The one I had yesterday just almost settled on the right side. I thought sure it was going to turn out to be a migraine.

I kept the kids home from SAC (summer school program) today. Gave them a break. They were horrible this morning. They were fighting and Ross hit Jenna ... all before 8 a.m. They were demanding I get up and demanding I get them something to eat and telling me they were bored and didn't have anything to do. So ... I got up and said, fine, if you don't have any thing to do get your clothes on, you're going to school ... they'll have plenty for you to do there. I made them get dressed and their shoes on and everything. Then I sat them down and told them how lucky they were to have all the stuff they had and how they should be ashamed of themselves for the way they were acting. They didn't want to go to school so I told them the only way they could stay home is if they promised not to complain or fight the rest of the day. ;)

Hubby had me a diamond ring made for my anniversary and I can pick it up today ... he had to have his made, too. That's because it's so BIG! He wears a size fifteen! That's the largest size they make. He started out trying on the sizer with a 12 and kept going up and up and stopped at the last one. The guy said I sure hope this one fits because if it doesn't we'll have to stretch one or add some gold. HA But they didn't have one that big anyway. I've always wanted just a wide gold band with a diamond in it. He got a half carat. I can't wait to see them. I'll make a picture.

MemeToo
06-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Here is my ring ... the last picture is of my size 6 ring INSIDE of hubby's size 15 ring! :lol:

http://www.memeart.com/images/ring1.jpg
http://www.memeart.com/images/ring2.jpg
http://www.memeart.com/images/rings.jpg

He wasn't that big when I married him ... I must be a good cook! :p

Mima
07-01-2005, 06:34 AM
Your ring is beautiful-is that a blue stone? I baked 2 batches of cookkies yesterday and some brownies. Gotta slow down today. (I did more than that) Brad started he freezer so I can put things in it. I guess I'll get some cold cuts and rolls. And make 2 trays of pasta and sauce. I will have leftovers for the next day. I went for a walk yesterday morning and slept good last night. Hmmm. My old dog tongue was hanging a foot by the time we got back. He always follows me. Now he has disappeared-he spends half of his time at our neighbors. That guy made him 2 steaks when we got back-and they gave him other stuff-no wonder he got sick. It's still muggy but it's going to be a nice weekeng. Going to movies tonight. Mima

Tammy
07-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Beautiful ring! Maybe we could all borrow it sometime???? lol

Cookies sound good. I have some in the freezer that we baked ages ago. Maybe I'll get a few out to thaw.

I walked out to get the mail earlier and couldn't believe how muggy it is already. I think I'll just stay in the house and see what I can get accomplished. Garage sale is next week, so I need to get more things marked. I'm putting lots of clothes in it. I figure if I haven't worn it over the past year, it needs to leave my closet.

Joanne D
07-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Meme- Beautiful ring.. Boy those G/ children are sounding real normal! Stay a few steps ahead of them..
Tammy- If you think you have humidity you should visist me. I walk out my front door and you could cut it with a knife. Ir rains and instead of getting cool we just get humidity..I would die without my central air.
Hello all.. Candice how are you doing?
Have a great weekend...Joanne

Mima
07-02-2005, 06:55 AM
I wouldn't get a thing done without central air-which reminds me, I need to clean my oven, Last time I did it, the oven wouldn't go back on!! Alison got into the camp in N.C. where they will teach her to be independent. She goes on the 17th. I can't wait to see them-they will be here the night of the 8th. God willing. Brad had a rush job yesterday and didn't get to sleep until 0ne am. Good thing he makes good money. So we didn't get to the movies. I ate at Subway in Walmart. It poured again last night so the dirt doesn't get raked and seeded. It's mud. We are going to see my son's new house-he has a pool so I think I'll bring my bathing suit. That's Mon. Bye for now Mima

Tammy
07-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Joanne, the heat and humidity is why I told Bob that I'm not too sure about retiring in Florida. I still like Jekyll Island, GA. We've been there in the summer a few times, and I think it's more bearable than Florida. I'd like to go down in the winter to see what it's like. Bob mentioned going down over Christmas break this year. Sounds like a plan!!

It is pretty cool this morning. I should have all of the windows open and air the house out.

Tim called from the Eiffel Tower earlier. They were eating lunch. I reminded him about the 6 hour time difference. It was only 7:12 here. He said, Oops! They are having a great time. When they were in London, they saw Prince Charles and Camilla. That impressed him that he saw someone famous.

Since it's cooler, I think I'm going to carry stuff to the garage for the garage sale. The neighbor is loaning us some tables, but we won't get them until Tuesday. Someone else has them over the weekend.

Have a great day everyone!!

Joanne D
07-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Mima- I always say Subway is the one safe fast food place to eat. We seem to always end up there if we are out at noontime.. I usually eat the salads. I try to stay away from bread as it is my main downfall. I know you will enjoy your family..
Tammy- What part of Fl. will you visit if you come down at Christmas time? I live on the central west coast..Tarpon Springs.. Mima will probably be in Fl. then too..It would be nice for all of us to get together..
It has rained some today..I got up late so I am way behind..Back later..Joanne

Tammy
07-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Joanne, I meant that we might visit Jekyll Island, GA. Bob's brother lives in Tampa, so if we come down we would probably end up there to see him.

I met Bob for lunch. We went to Arby's. I think the food there is so expensive. Usually Tim is with us and we get a discount. If the manager would have been there, we probably would have. Oh well. It didn't make Bob very pleasant to eat lunch with. He didn't get much sleep last night, they were super busy yesterday and today, and he hates it when he thinks the food costs too much.

Kramer is out on the porch enjoying the cool air. What a nice change after the past week!

Mima
07-03-2005, 06:33 AM
The air is so cool here-wonderful! Joanne lives near Tampa, Tammy. we are supposed to be coming home for Christmas since we will be going down in October. Brad's sons gilfriends daughetr calls us Grammy and Grampy so maybe there will be a wedding . Went out with Brad's brother and wife to the Chinese buffet-I was prettty good but I did have some softserve. My stomache is so much better. Church today am and pm. Daughter is supposed to come over- that depends on plans with boyfriend, of course. Have a good day all-glad Tim is enjoying his trip. Mima

Tammy
07-03-2005, 08:58 PM
If Joanne is near Tampa, it might be a doable (is that a word?) visit!!!! We haven't even done our Michigan vacation, and I'm already thinking about December!!! Oh my!
I need to find our school calendar for next year so I can start looking at dates. Wonder if my brothers would mind if we are gone at Christmas since we always have the family here?

It has been a nice day. A bit warmer than yesterday, but not terrible. Carried more stuff to the garage. The room I'm in is looking much better. This is where I've been storing things for the sale. I can actually get to the window now.

MemeToo
07-04-2005, 01:32 AM
Ahhh ... I'm finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel! ;) I still have one more thing to get through. There's this big thing going on at the fairgrounds all day tomorrow ending with BIG fireworks at 9 tomorrow night. It starts at 1 but we're not going THAT early. I can't stay up there over EIGHT hours!!! I don't know when we'll go. We're supposed to meet friends but when that's over I'm going to collapse ... I almost have now. I had that Reunion of hubby's family yesterday from 12 to 3:30 ... got home after 4 and got ready for a cookout and fireworks here at 6:30 ... well his mom and dad showed up at 5:30 and then another couple came at 6 ... I wasn't even dressed yet ... still had on what I wore to the reunion. I had to run in the bedroom and tell him to cover for me. I really hate days like that. There were 17 of us for that. They didn't leave until 10 last night. Blew holes in my yard and trashed my house but we had fun. Then I had to get up early this morning and go sing on the radio and had company again tonight after church to eat leftovers from yesterday. At least the kids are gone ... their mom and dad got back yesterday afternoon in time to come to the cookout! I'm just too tired. I need about a week's rest. Hubby said I could sleep late in the morning so I'm going to bed and see if I can go to sleep for about 8 hours. :yawn:

Mima ... that's a half carat diamond ... clear - not blue. I don't know why it looks blue in the picture. I love it ... IT FITS!!!

I HAVE to tell you what my daughter said in front of my friends ... another time ... too tired now.

Mima
07-04-2005, 06:21 AM
Good morning -hope you are still sleeping, Meme. I woke up too early and I didn't get my walk in yeterday....hmmm. Definitely a connection. Daughter came over after church where we saw Brad's son-Brad was educating her about buying a house-her boyfriend wants to buy one. These kids have a time of it. Decent houses in MA are about 250,000. My nutty middle son owns 2 of them-we are going to see his fixer upper this morning. Anyhow-we went to the evening service last night and 2 couples from the old church were there. It was really nice. Tammy-hope you get rid of your stuff. My church has a flea market in Sept. so I can get rid of stuff that way-I don't do good at yard sales. Then I take a tax deduction! You could probably do that with your leftovers. anyhow, its fun to talk to the people. Bye for now. Mima

Tammy
07-04-2005, 08:48 AM
Meme, you are way too busy!!! 8 hours sleep would be wonderful, wouldn't it?

Wow to the $250,000 houses! We could easily get a nice one in this area for $150,000, probably even less. Bob's brother doesn't know much about housing prices at all. He insists that we could easily get $300,000 for our house. He's nuts! The brother in Florida has never been here, but he believes this other brother. We have a nice house, but that's ridiculous! When we bought this from my parent's estate in '99, it was appraised at $130,000. I think with updates that we've done, we could get $150,000 for it.

We usually do very well at the garage sales that we have here. We live on one of the main roads going into town. I advertised it in the local paper and mentioned some of the items that we have for sale. I know Thursday morning will be crazy since that's the first day. Bob and my brother and his family will all be here to help keep things under control. My nephews are going to have a couple coolers and will be selling pop and water. I'm donating the water to them and Deb (SIL) is donating the pop. That way the boys get all the money that they take in.

Well, I need to get started. Bob is only working until noon, so I want to have things done before he gets home.
Happy 4th everyone!!

MemeToo
07-04-2005, 04:12 PM
I slept over 8 hours ... woke up ... went back to sleep and slept ANOTHER hour. That was very nice. I needed it bad. I could use another night like that. I hate yard sales. They are just too much work. I've started selling my good stuff on ebay and throwing the junk away.

Gotta go try and find a cabin in the mountains for our anniversary. A direct order from His Majesty! ;)

Tammy
07-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Meme, I am so glad that you were able to get some sleep. I've never even looked at ebay. My nephew sold a guitar on there not long ago.

A friend of mine and her family just returned from Gatlinburg. She was telling me about the cabin they had. It sounded better than where we live!! lol

Mima
07-05-2005, 07:31 AM
Happy Fifth of july-went to see Bobby's fixer upper and took some daisies out of his yard to palnt-he has gorgeous flowers-house needs lots of tlc-he bought it for 240,00 and wants to fix it up and sel it eventually. He ripped out all the rugs and is going to hardwood all the floors upstairs and put up new drywall. He has an apartment to gut in basement but it is too musty -needs to ventilate. What a yard-inground p[ool-gazebo etc. It will be worth 400,00 if he ever gets done. Tammy-your yard sale sounds like fun. Hope you do well. Oh yeah, we went out for lunch and also went to the fireworks last night. Back to work today. Mima

Candicej
07-05-2005, 09:51 AM
beautiful rings meme..................bad week last week and still in a drought!

Candicej
07-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Sami jo and Gabby....Sami jo is the one on the inside....

Happy Canuk
07-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Today's Stress Tip
for 7/1/2005

Get more out of life by doing less.

What a concept! Is your life fulfilling? Or is it merely crammed? Know the difference and you'll realize it's not the quantity of activities you engage in (or possessions you collect) that ultimately determine your happiness. One naturally unfolding, enriching experience can easily surpasses many rushed and distracted ones. But you may be so chronically over scheduled, you never give yourself a chance to enjoy anything to the fullest.Experiment. Choose an occasion and give it your complete, mindful and unhurried attention. Then imagine an entire life of such enrichment. It's absolutely attainable.

Happy Canuk
07-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Hi Candice. Long time since we heard from you and you didn't really say anything. Nice pics. of the cats. You said you had a bad week, well, I hope you are doing better this week. Would love to send you some rain.

Meme - nice ring. Did you find a hideaway for your anniversary?

Joanne - I would hate to live in Florida. It seems like you can NEVER open your windows. I have mine open all the time, summer or winter. Not long when it is really cold, as the heating pipes will freeze; but for a few minutes each day.

Mima - enjoy your family. Glad to hear that your tummy is feeling b etter.

Tammy - My daughter just sold her house and is now going to have to rent something for about 8 or 9 months until they get hers built. They can't keep up to the demand. She is having to pay $260,000.00 for her house as well. Just can't believe how they have skyrocketed. Not a hope that the future generations will EVER be able to afford one. They will have to start getting passed down from generation to generation.

I hurt my back on Thursday, and have had a very tough, painful time. My chiro is gone on holidays until next Monday. I did go and have an acupressure massage and that helped some, but I can't get straightened out and I can't sit or walk for long. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Hope you all have a good day tomorrow.

Candicej
07-06-2005, 06:00 AM
Happy hope your back gets better....I'm down in hips and low back but still watering and gardening. I am having a lightheaded sensations the past few days too..not sure what from..just feel like crap!

We have two new kittens.............just showed up on our door sep at two different times. Took them to the vet for shots and worms........... Need to name them...got any suggestions gals???????????here are some pics:

http://www.photoworks.com/share/shareLanding.jsp?shareCode=A8C83A1BCFB&cb=PW

Mima
07-06-2005, 06:12 AM
Glad you are back but hope you feel better. I was going to plant my new perennials but it's raining. Bought some and then I have the daisies. Taking the geraniums out. Most woonderful thing happened yesterday-Brad got a young man to help him with cleaning up the yard-lots of stuff gone already. He asked for $10 an hour but he works nonstop-except when he has to stop to eat=he has type one diabetes and has to test all day long-what a challenge for a 16 year old. Today they will do the garage becaue of the rain but we had this monster frig out there that Brad thought he could sell and he had to give it away but it's on the trailer. Plus we did a monster shopping yesterday and some more to do on Friday. We needed 2 carts. But it was worth the trip because we go to a store 15 miles away-the stores around here are too high. No Super Walmarts. Bye for now Mima

Joanne D
07-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Candice- Glad to see you back.. You seem to have pets showing up to your doors.. They must see a sign saying 'safe haven'. Hope you feel better soon.
Meme- A week in the mountains is what you need. Just you and your hubby. No one else to give you work!
Mima- We are supposed to get a S/walmart. That is if the do-gooders will get off their soap box. There are a few people who moved into this area that do not realize how many years our city has had to go out of town to do any shopping.I hope W/M will win this one/
Happy- You are right ! I seldom get to open my windows. I take advandage when I can.Then ,I just have a lot of dust to clean up.At least ,I can air out the house. I live in a area that had hardly one car pass my house in a day. Now it is steady traffic. How things do change over the years.
Hello Tammy- Hope you are enjoying the summer. Don't think about school till you have to..
Went to Dr. yesterday.. Not the best lab report.. I have to watch my colesterol closer. Trig. are high too.I watch what I eat and exercise. I guess it is not enough,although the Dr. said he was not worried about it.
I got the chance to talk to him about hubby. He told me that things are only going to go down hill and I have to deal with it..He is not as active as he should be. I have seen some slipping. He had quad-bypass several years ago. Now ,when he needs to do more he either won't or can't. The Dr. feels he can't.Oh well enough of my whining.I can deal with this too..
Bye..Joanne

Tammy
07-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Stress tip. I should have read that early this morning before Deb and I worked getting the garage set up for the garage sale! lol We were pooed out. My nephews were here to help, so they carried stuff from the basement for me. The neighbor let us borrow some tables. I thought six, but I told him to bring 8 just in case. Oh my! We could use more, but we've run out of space in the garage!!

Anne, so sorry about your back! Glad that the massage helped some. My family doctor is sending me for an x-ray of my lower back since I always am aching.

Candice, how cute! Names? Bubba and Bubbette.

Mima, that is great that you found that boy to help out! I know how much Tim helps out around here. In fact, the neighbor said he can't wait till Tim gets back because he has some things he wants to get done and he knows Tim will be a good worker.

Joanne, I'm trying not to think about school very much. One of our teachers quit today. She was one that they moved to the middle school from the elementary. She had told them ahead of time that she didn't want to move because of problems with child care for her daughter. Our middle school starts at 7:30 now, and the babysitter doesn't start taking children until 7:00. The drive is more than 30 minutes, so there is no way they could do it unless they changed babysitters. Not an option in this case. We lost a very good teacher because the administration doesn't care.

Ok Joanne, onto another topic. Health. Let's compare numbers. I was at the doctor yesterday and got the results of blood work I had done. Cholesterol =205 Triglyceride=202 HDL= 39 LDL=156 Glucose = 112 My doctor was a bit buggy about the numbers, but I'm really not that worried. He is sending me for a stress test because I've been having some pains in my shoulder blades when I walk. Does this make sense? He thinks it could have something to do with my heart. I'm going to stop mentioning things to him!! At least I'm walking!

That's good that you talked to the doctor about your hubby. We have to take care of these guys, don't we? We'll keep you and hubby in our prayers, ok?

Tammy

Candicej
07-07-2005, 04:14 AM
Tammy on jane Pauley the other day...there were women on their that had heartattacks and they had shoulder pain ..said women don't usually have typical chest pain.

Mima
07-07-2005, 05:46 AM
Tammy-get a stress test-I had pains when I walked but it is from asthma-only I had them in my chest, then I did the stress test.So I got the answer. -my triglycerides were too high but my HDL and LDL are always great. Anyhow-eat salmon and other fish to increase HDL and cut out sugar and eat less carbs for the tri.....I also read to take Omega 3 for the tri...After the garage sale... Wow-it sounds like its going to be good!!!!It's raining every day again and it will be Sat for the party. My stomache is acting up again. Pains!!! Stress!!!!I am really doing well with the cleaning and the young man is coming back at 8 . They are working on the garage. Boy, is he a worker. When is Tim coming back? Joanne, I hope you don't get Dennis-I hope we don't either. Joanne-it's tough when your husband slows down-especially that you are in such good shape. I ahve to get back to walking-I am waking up early=least I get my hair frosted today. Candice-I planted perennials in my front yard-very pretty-now they need to multiply. Mima

Joanne D
07-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Tammy- My Total cholesterol is 242,Triglycerides 180 ,hdl 70,ldl 136 and he said he wasn't worried.. Well I guess I need to keep working on it.You sound in better shape in that department than I am.I like garage sales.Other peoples! Go for the stress test. If the Dr. tells you to do it don't put it off. Play safe. When there was a shakeup in my daughters school they had 12 good teachers leave for other schools and more money.That was in one year and the next year more left. She lives on Fl./Ga. border. Ga. pays more,much more. She thought about going but didn't want to travel 30 miles to school and back each day.
Mima. I have been taking omega 3 for a long time. I am also taking Red Rice Yeast and q10.My numbers have dropped 30 points.I hope we don't get Dennis too. We might get a little rain.You never can tell about these storms. It still is days away.
Candice- It is really hard to have a outside pet where I live and my yard is not fenced. I want a small dog but hubby says no. He has allergies.
Keep up the walking girls. I think it is the best exercise we can do . You need to walk 20 min. for your heart. 30-40 minutes and up to lose weight.I try for 40-60 min as many times a week as possible. Some weeks I can do 5 -6 day other times 3-4 days. It all depends on how I feel or how much I have to do.
Hello Happy..Meme..My laundry is ready for dryer. Joanne

Tammy
07-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Well, I think from listening to all of you, I won't argue about the stress test. At least I'll know one way or the other, right?

The garage sale went well. We took in about $200. Not bad considering most of our things were marked less than $1.00. One woman almost cried when she saw the clothes that I had out there. She was thrilled that they were in such good shape. She bought alot of things, so we threw in a couple extra things just because! That makes it fun.

Tim called this afternoon from Austria. He said he was the first one in his group to find out about the bombings in London. He and a chaperone were together and happened to see it on TV. The group that does these tours from the States has a group that is in London right now. I think that has shaken me up a bit.

I think I'll finally go look through the mail. Haven't had time yet.

Mima
07-08-2005, 05:57 AM
I thought of you right away, Tammy. I'm glad he is in Austria.The dog just came home-it is hard in FL with him because we have to walk him 4 times a day-but good for us. here, he is free but he spends time at our neighbors-another load to the dump=this is awesome. Today, they are going to do something with the shedbut I think it's going to rain. Pour!!! I'd better go shopping early-gotta get the meat and bread. And. ........Poor brad, he takes this med and it gives him a cough so he doesn't sleep well. And he didn't sleep well before. Bye for now Mima. I think I'll get some Omega 3. Can't hurt-when I was a kid, my father made us take cod liver oil. Yuk!!!!!But my HDL is almost 90, and my LDL is low -for no reason. I'm not that good!! It's the triglycerides thats high. Maybe, he will put you on a med, Tammy.

Candicej
07-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Hello ladies..have a pain tolorable day:D I'm of to take a bath wash my hair and change the sheets and then to bed for the day..gonna be a hot one here and we still need rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta put the kittens in the small kennel today since the Schwan man comes and I do not want them running out or him stepping on them. Poor babies..they are just so cute! :)

Tammy
07-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Tim called again today. I think he is ready to come home. I am definitely ready to have him here.

Mima, the doctor said he doesn't plan to put me on a medicine now. Compared to my brother, my trig. were low. His were up to 600!! The doctor did say that he wants me coming in once a month to get weighed. Boo hiss on that!! lol A friend of mine had to have her blood pressure medicine changed because it made her cough so much. She was exhausted from no sleep. She's doing much better now with a new medicine.

Candice, I just got out of the shower and I feel refreshed. Ready for bed, but refreshed. Tell the Schwan man to be careful where he steps just in case!!!

We only made about $90 today, but that was money we didn't have before. We going to open up tomorrow morning, and we'll close about noon unless we're busy. There are still lots of nice things out there, but I know there are 2 big flea markets going on about 10 miles from here, and I think some of our potential customers are probably there. One of the churches in town has a thrift shop. A lady from there stopped today, bought a few things, and said they would love to have us donate anything that we have left over.

Bob's suitcase is packed for Michigan. I started packing mine tonight. I need to take things for Tim too since we pick him up in Detroit. He'll have lots of things, but I'm sure he won't have many clean items. There is a laundry where we are staying in Frankenmuth, so I know what we'll be doing.

Mima
07-09-2005, 08:32 AM
They are here!!!

Mima
07-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Good morning again. Boy, this is a busy place. Brad is out getting a new tractor-ours blew up yesterday!!! $ days of cleaning and they are still not done but wow!!! I'm juist enjoying everyone today-I'll take a short nap and then start working. I'm glad I didn't clean too hard. A beautiful girl in a wheelchair and an adorable one year old-he never stops! But he only cried when he fell down. Loves my stairs-now he's more carefu;l. Tammy, get a receipt for your donated items. Charity. I always have a few hundred for that. Mike is doing shipping. And Al is helping. Al gets to go to a teenage camp in North carolina run by Paul Newman,s charities. She will have to do more on her own-no parents!!!
Mom will stay at her mom's and Mike will fly home. Bye for now. Mima

Mima
07-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Great party-I am tired!!!

Tammy
07-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Mima, I always get receipts when I take things to Goodwill. I didn't even think about that for the thrift store. Thanks for the suggestion!

We are leaving for Michigan tomorrow about noon or before. I don't know if I'll be on here before we leave or not. If not, everyone have a great week! We'll be home next Sunday or Monday.

Mima
07-11-2005, 10:09 AM
have fun Tammy. Hey Meme, you are going to get some rain and Joanne, how did you do with Dennis? Ft Myers was sort of spared .Except for rain I guess. Well, they have gone visiting for the day so I can recoup a bit. Tomorrow we are going to Hampton Beach for the day. We have had a nice visit . yesterday we went to a birthday for an hour but then Mike the good cook made supper. I made pancakes and bacon this am . Now I get to use the bathroom and get dressed. Bye for now. mima

MemeToo
07-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I haven't been in here since last Monday and you haven't even missed me! ;)

The router went out ... that connects my big computer to my laptop and knocked me off the internet for 3 days. We didn't know what was doing it ... thought lightening had hit something at first. Then the Charter Tech (the second one I talked to ... first one didn't know squat) talked me through a whole battery of trouble shooting stuff and we found it. Son came over and got it back working. I've had a bad week all the way around. My back has been out of whack, too, so I haven't been spending too much time on the computer.

Yes, it's raining here right now. Looks like we're in for some wet weather for the next few days but we need it. We had decoration where my parents are buried yesterday and the guy had just mowed ... the grass was so dry it almost broke off when you walked on it. I'm still doing the clerk and treasurer's job for that cemetery and I can't believe I can still get someone to mow and take care of it for only $40 each time. I keep the books and money for that, the books for our business, we have 3 personal accounts plus our retirement accounts and I'm the clerk/secretary for our church. Gets pretty confusing sometimes.

Have you ever heard of Ed Bruce? He wrote "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys". He was also in a bunch of TV shows and movies ... on Walker, Texas Ranger, Maverick, played with Steven Segal in Fire Down Below, etc. Well , anyway, he got saved and now writes and sings Christian music. He doesn't live too far from us and he comes to our church and sings quite a bit. He held a concert at our church Sat. night and then came back and sang before the sermon on Sun. morning. Here is his webpage if you want to read about him:

http://www.edbrucemusic.com/

When you get to the page, click on 'Ed's Tale' to read his story. If you've ever watched the old cowboy show 'Maverick' ... he played James Garner's brother, Bret Maverick.

http://www.design-max.net/images/maverick1.jpg
http://www.design-max.net/images/fire2.jpg
http://www.design-max.net/images/edkrisjohnny.jpg
The last one is: Johnny Cash, Ed Bruce and Kris Kristofferson ... He wrote songs for them. He's really a nice person.

Joanne D
07-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Hey Everybody.. Dennis slid by us without damage. I have some branches down and we got a lot of rain.. The next one coming worries me. It should be here about the time we are going to the panhandle of Fl. on vacation.I am wondering if that beach house is still there. St George isn't too far from where this last one went in.My daughter picked a one story because it is hard for us to climb the stairs.
Meme- I thought you were on vacation. I have seen that guy I think. My goodness how those guys have aged. Johnny Cash is gone. He used to vacation down here just a few miles from my house.Kris Krisofferson lives in Fl. I say him walking the beach in Sarasota a few years back. He is showing his age.
Got to go , Hello All. Joanne

Mima
07-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Good morning. We had a long but fun day at the beach. they are packing uo to go to Jill's father's this am. I sure will miss them but I will see them in 3 months. Too tired today-looking for a nice nap this afternoon. gotta go help with Evan. Mima

MemeToo
07-13-2005, 03:16 PM
DON'T POST HERE!

STARTING NEW THREAD