South Beach Diet - hi!

View Full Version : hi!

Chrystee
06-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Hello, I am new here.

I am looking to start SB soon. I am waiting for my book to get here in the mail..

I have done Atkins in the past with success, but just can't do it anymore. and need something new. Coworkers have done well on the program, I have about 150 lbs. to lose.

jenne1017
06-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Welcome!

Please visit often and read the FAQ here in theforum. There are tons of YUMMY recipes in the recipe section and remember to drink TONS of WATER!!!

Good luck :)

Chrystee
06-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Is there anywhere that people have pictures for motivation?

Schatzi
06-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi Chrystee, Welcome to the boards! At the top of the screen see the purply bar...click on "Member Gallery"... Also Read the Success stories ...and ..
click on the Emergency Handbook for Phase 1 in the SBD forum..

Come visit the daily thread too... we'll help and support you !!!

Good Luck Chica

Chrystee
06-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Do you have any advice? I've read the faq.. Phase 1 seems alot like induction on Atkins, except lower fat?

jenne1017
06-20-2005, 05:05 PM
No -- as I understand Atkins, you can't eat vegetables where on South Beach, you can and SHOULD (save things like corn). Also, you shouldn't innundate yourself with fatty proteins. On the Beach, eat lean cuts of chicken and fish and use LF or FF (Unless there is sugar added) cheeses and other products.

Good luck!

beachgal
06-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Chrystee, SBD and Atkins differ in some major points...though it may be hard to wrap your mind around the change at first, you may want to just approach this as a new plan so you don't keep making comparisons. It'll drive you nuts eventually. Make sure you read the book thoroughly before starting. :)

Sheba's Mom
06-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Welcome to the Beach Chrystee. :wave: I agree that when I read about the SBD first two weeks it did sound a lot like Atkins first two weeks. However, the biggest difference I found on doing it is that you are not limited to a certain number of carbs a day. You don't count carbs at all just stay with the approved listing for P1.

Beans are your very best friend in the world on P1. Very filling and very good for you. Lots of WATER is very important also along with exercise. Even if you only go for a walk you need to do some kind of exercise. Also you need to make sure you are eating 3 large meals and 3 snacks each day.

Make sure you check out the receipe board. Lots of yummy things that I wouldn't have thought of on my own.

My biggest problem was making myself eat enough. The chicks here will tell you that you need to be eating at least 1200 calories a day. Doesn't sound to hard until you start eating from the P1 listing only. If you aren't sure how much you are eating go to www.fitday.com and you can record what you eat and what your exercise habits are.

Good Luck and check in often. These chicks are great!!

Bamiegurl
06-20-2005, 06:08 PM
Welcome aboard!