Old 06-20-2005, 10:42 AM   #1  
Kate

Default Some questions!

So I'm on the purple plan...
how would I count things like canned soups, cripsy minis (mini rice cakes), popsicles, things that arent in the lists?
kcreary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:56 AM   #2  
234/165.8/160

I think most canned soups are a no-no just because they have a really high sodium content, I would try to avoid those, but if you do decide to have them I would list a a lean cuisine and drink extra water. Crispy minis and popsicles I would count as a starch (depending on calorie/fat content), but would always list them as something from the approved list....less questions that way ;-)

Last edited by auditgirl; 06-20-2005 at 12:30 PM.
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:42 AM   #3  
Kate

what about tomato sauce? and i make this whole wheat pasta/chicken thing with canola oil (1tsp) and garlic salt...its delicious! So for that it would be 1 P, 2 S (using two servings of pasta) 1 F?
Old 06-20-2005, 07:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

The canned soup would depend on what it is. If you have a can of low sodium vegetable soup (no meat, pasta, etc. in it) it would be equivalent to about 3 veggies. The best and easiest way to have soup, and to count it correctly would be to have a single serve can of V-8 (some plans allow it) and put it in a small saucepan with a serving of frozen vegetables and cook through on low heat. This would be 2 veggie servings, and it would be on plan. You wouldn't have to "make up" something to count it as.

I would not count popsicles as a starch, personally. You need to have the real starches that you are allowed for nutritional reasons. Popsicles don't cut it. If you must have one, make it a very low calorie sugar free one (under 30 calories) and count it as something extra that some of the plans allow you to have-such as Light Cool Whip, or another "low calorie extra" from the allowed list.

The rice cakes WOULD count as a starch, however.

It is also really hard for someone else to know how to count the chicken pasta thing that you make, because we don't know how much of each ingredient you are using, and how many servings it divides up into-there are just too many variables. I would eat simply for a while, and avoid the casseroles and lasagnas and things where you are going to have trouble doing the exchanges. There are recipes out there from the LAWL cookbook if you feel the need to make things like this, and they list the exchanges per serving. I know a couple of the ladies over here have the cookbook-maybe they can chime in with a recipe or two for you.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:02 PM   #5  
Kate

well my chicken pasta is just simply whole wheat pasta (i make just enough for me and measure out what i want/can eat), chicken breast and 1 tsp canola oil and garlic salt...very simple!
Old 06-20-2005, 09:07 PM   #6  

Then you just count the individual ingredients as you stated above, assuming that you use the allowed portions of chicken and oil.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:19 PM   #7  
Kate

yup thats what I did!
Old 06-26-2005, 11:37 AM   #8  
Lucyee

Hi! i have a question about the LA weight loss candy bars and cookies etc. Would it be possible to do the program, without eating the bars. The counselor says you cannot. Does anyone know and does everyone buy the bars. Thanks. Lucyee
Lucyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:01 PM   #9  

You can use Luna bars at your regular store as a replacement for LA Lites.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:33 PM   #10  
Lucyee

aphil, Thank you, very much for answering my post. I appreciate it. Have a great day. Lucyee
Lucyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:18 PM   #11  
234/165.8/160

You can also do the program with no bars and they will put on a different food plan with more calories and protein to substitute for the lites.
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:20 PM   #12  

Default Im a little confused...but I guess thats normal!

Okay I am brand new here and am having problems finding things..So I guess I will ask my questions here and maybe some of you can help me out. My paresnts joined LAWL just over a month ago and my mom gave me the info that she had started with. They started her out on the gold plan(I think) and so I am using that plan too. I am not sure if that plan is for me though. My body type is so different from hers and after reading some of the forms have realized that maybe I need to have a different plan for me. I had no idea that there were sooo many plans to chose from. So can anyone help me?! Please?! or redirect me to a place where I can get what plan I need to be on.

I am 5'3" I currently weigh 150
I have no ailments
I am looking to lose 25-35 pounds
I work out at the gym doing cardio and weight training as much as I can...average about every other day, but sometimes I get to go everyday...work outs usually go 45 minutes walking on the treadmill and about 30-45 minutes on the cadio weights. I also have two girls that keep me running just to catch them!
So thanks for the help and look forward to hearing back from you all!

(Just as a side note: I started out at 156 pounds lost 6 in the first 3 days of the diet...then for the past week and a half have stayed at 150 not gaining but not losing either. The last three days has cheated a bit so I am currently doing the take off diet only using the knudsons juice)
lailoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #13  
217/177.8/150ish

If your doing more then 5 hours of excercise a week then you need to be on the red plan...
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote