Old 06-20-2005, 08:17 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Monday Chat - June 20th

Thought I'd go back to a daily chat and see how that works. Maybe if it slows down again we can go back to a weekly?

I consider my weekend a low carb success. Not the lowest carb (strawberry season!!), but still low carb! Now I've got to work on PORTION control Woke up this morning not as tired. But then again, I DID drink a can of soda each day over the weekend. So maybe that won't be such a bad thing. I DID drink tons of water also. So maybe I can have my soda and enough water also. Going to give it a shot. Getting our air conditioner today. Then going to try and find time to put it in and make jam at the same time. Along with everything else (making supper and getting the kids fed and ready for bed, plus the lawn needs finishing. And the dishes need doing). Well, I'll manage to squeeze it all in somehow. Hope you all had a great weekend.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 08:53 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oy Brenda, I changed the title to weekly then read your post and changed it back ROFLMFAO !!! Maybe I should wake up first. LOL

Good morning chicklets
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Brenda~ sounds like you had a good weekend....strawberries and all

Have a great monday ladies!! I'll check back later ...
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:55 AM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hello,
been away for the weekend and back out the door tomorrow to meet my niece!
little man and I are going to CO for the week and I am trying to unpack and pack at the same time.

I am going out for a walk after lunch.

have a good one.
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:13 AM   #5  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

Newbie Jumping in here

We had a Nice weekend, not exactly LOW carb.. But healthier choices were made over the weekend. Apple w/PButter versus My Daughters Birthday cake. We also went hiking. Took the Kids too Buffalo Rock, too see the new baby Buffalo, so I did some form of exercise in. Cleaned too, got a bit sweaty doing that, so this counts right
This week will be better as I am determined too do this

I look forward too gettin gtoo know everybody
Melissa70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 12:18 PM   #6  
on my way down again

Good day everyone! I hope everyone is doing good.

Brenda, it sounds like you did great this weekend. Ohhhh strawberries, yep, those are hard to pass up. I like the Atkins' crustless cheesecake, but one strawberry must be cut into 6 servings! It does work on induction though and is so good!

Melissa, Good to see you here with us!

Hi to Robin, L, Leenie and all!

I've been trying hard to get back on strict induction, but haven't quite made it there yet--close though and lost two pounds last week. We travelled, so 12 hours in the car total, and I stayed strict induction except for LC ice cream in the motel room. Could only eat two servings before it melted though and it didn't take much to fill me up. However, using the little motel freezer/fridge was out of the question since someone had left a take-out carton of restraunt food in there for who knows how long!! Stinkeee! LOL DH went shopping for us twice and came out with a great LC choice of frozen hot chicken wings we cooked in the microwave, zero carbs, zero sugar, jerky and macadamia nuts--nuts were bitter and rancid and a waste of $7.99! Then as we got back closer to home, we did have a sandwich at our favorite place. Still, that's great for me while travelling.

Last edited by Sonnet; 06-20-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:14 PM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!!!

I am really busy today at work so I will BBL, just wanted to say HI!!!! and Happy Monday!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:34 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Sorry all, no time for personals today. Just wanted to check in again and tell everyone hi I haven't even gotten 1/2 of what I need to done! Dang it, and I've rarely sat all day. My daughter is "babysitting" (in other words, I'm helping her) for a 4 year old and 7 month old...so I've gotten side tracked quite often. I don't remember having problems doing stuff when MY kids were that young Well, off to go get the strawberries ready for jam.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 04:22 PM   #9  

Hello everyone!
Had a bit of a slip-up over the weekend. We went out to a brunch buffet for Father's Day and let me just say... CARB-FEST! Waffles, bread pudding, muffins and croissants... Of course there were eggs too, but if I have to eat another egg I'm going to hurl! Anyway, back on track today and drinking my water. I wish I could just hook myself up to an IV and get my water that way - it would be much more pleasurable that having to drink the stuff!

Take care ladies and keep up the good work!
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote