Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 03:27 PM   #1  

Default Best Snacks!!!!

Hello!!!!

Going to my FIRST WW meeting tomorrow at 12Noon (think happy thoughts for me). I am obviously new here.

I got finally tired of being SICK AND TIRED of carrying all this weight. I never had 'excess' weight til after having 2 children, my youngest being 8 years old and the lbs just creaped on over the last 8 years. I went cold turkey in May, no junk, haven't had fast food or even a SODA since then, but decided to keep me accountable I would start WW.

My family and I just relocated from California to Austin and decided since I was making a whole lot of changes that starting to change my eating habits and excercise was going to be part of that - even got a new job and they are all very health concious so that helps a lot too!

One of my BIGGEST weaknesses is SNACKING! UGH! not on sugar or sweets but chips, etc.. items like that are a weakness (so far so good since I don't buy it anymore).

SO, back to my question, can any of you share the Favorite snacks, if it's easy to prepare or requires some effort to make, i'm ALL EYES!!!

Thanks for sharing!
.....M
Old 06-19-2005, 04:20 PM   #2  

HI, You can buy things at Weight Watchers and I think there is a prepackaged cracker type food that you might be interested in. I don't buy things but a lot of members do... I hope you like WW as much as I do. I find it helpful to go to weekly meetings for both support and information.

For snacks I try to keep fruit on hand as well as carrot sticks. Sometimes I will buy the prepacked 100 calorie snacks (forgot what company does those). I do buy the Baked Lays potatoe chips when I crave something salty. DM

Last edited by DaisyMaisy; 06-19-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:32 PM   #3  

I love stretch island fruit leather. 1 pt per piece, and each piece counts as a serving of fruit. Tastes nice and sweet but not too much so.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:47 AM   #4  

I get cravings for salty stuff too. I know, I know...gotta watch the sodium....and yes, I know, I know...we should always opt for a piece of fruit instead. But seriously....I like the fat free pringles, they have them in Sour cream & Onion, BBQ and orginial flavor. You can have 15 for 1 pt.
Those 100 cal snack packs are great too, and if you like salty stuff, the Ritz Snack mix in those packs are yummy!
Old 06-20-2005, 10:11 AM   #5  
Michele

I have to agree that the 100 calorie packs from Nabisco are my favorite. Chocolate Chip / Ritz - the Ritz are actually packaged under like Kid Sense from Nabisco but they also only have a 100 calories.

I buy the 1 pt bars or 2 pt bars from WW occasionally - I love the peanut butter chocolate chip and they have a oatmeal bar that is really good.

I also buy pita chips from Trader Joes - they have many flavors and they are only 1 pt per ounce.

Good Luck on WW. I really love the meetings. It's not always the topics so much as the people you meet at the meetings. They give you a lot of ideas and pointers.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:57 AM   #6  

Greetings,

Snacking today while losing weight is easier than ever really....check out rice cakes...I find the Carmel Rice Cakes give me that crunch and sweentess that I want right way....7 mini's are 1 pt and 1 large cake is 1 pt...they are terrific.

Also keep yogurts handy with some lite cool whip...great fillerupper and delicious.

Lay's has great baked chips and those with flavors....be on the lookout for those as well.

Once you start shopping you will be surprised how much is out there.

You can also put 1/4 cup of popcorn in a bag with an envelope of Sweet n Low, shake it up, then pop in microwave for 4 mins...or until it stops popping each microwave is different. So good even without spray butter on it.

Ok hope that helps a little...drink plenty of water....crystal lite is great and seltzer, flavored water.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:44 AM   #7  

I just found this great item...Quaker Quakes Potato Stix.
They have two flavors, Chili Cheese and Sour Cream & Onion. They are baked, not fried and you get 31 pieces for 2 points, 0 trans. fat, and 1 gram of fiber. I love them!
Old 06-20-2005, 02:28 PM   #8  

Dill pickles are salty and 0 points. I find I have the best results by NOT having snack stuff on a daily basis. If I'm hungry between meals I opts for fruit, veggies or yogurt. Once a week I splurge on a bag of popcorn.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:52 PM   #9  
Mrs. S.

I am also a fan of the Nabisco 100 calorie packs. I just tuck a pack in my WW organizer and go! While at work, I enjoy a piece of string cheese mid-morning.

Susan
180/158/148
Old 06-20-2005, 08:56 PM   #10  

I love popcorn, and in the summer what about SF popsicles!! mmm
Old 06-21-2005, 07:34 PM   #11  

you all might think im crazy. But a lady at work told me about this. And i finally tried it even though it sounded nasty to me. But when i tried it i actually liked it. Try sprinkling splenda on popcorn. It really does taste like kettle corn. Without the extra points. Its yummy.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:00 PM   #12  

Tracy,

If you read my post above you'll see I mentioned it...though I use Sween n Low...I put in bag just before putting in microwave, shake it...and it really does taste good...I even stopped using the spray butter...the popcorn and that is practically a nothing pt treat!...although 1/4 cup popped I believe is just 1 pt.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:54 PM   #13  

ok, I have to try that sugar on the popcorn trick!!
Closed Thread