South Beach Diet - Weekend on The Beach - June 18 and 19

Ruthxxx
06-18-2005, 07:30 AM
Good morning and happy weekend!

I was up before four this morning - stupid, isn't it! It's coolish but not raining for a change. The Girls have been out and are back in and curled up on the sofa. The thought balloons above their heads say "Maybe she'll light the woodstove." :lol: I may turn up the furnace because it's 60F in here and then take a nice long bath.

Today I am trying to have an easy day so will probably skip going to the hospital if I can avoid too much guilt. Lorraine has invited me to her "closing the greenhouse forever" barbecue tonight. It should be fun but also sad as I have so enjoyed working with her. :( I'm a bit overwhelmed by changes this month but I'm sure I'll adjust.

What's happening in your life? :cofdate:

wenchybritches
06-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Ruth, you sound like you need a breather. A 'battery recharge' day is always a good idea every now and then. :)
Sounds like your day is unbusy. Unlike mine today, and that is unusual. But have fun at that party/BBQ.

I have to work from 9-3. Then head to a bday party for one of Zander's daycare classmates. It starts at 3 so mama is taking him until I can get there. Then at 6 a friend and I are going to Shakespere in the Park. Her BF invited himself along. Poor fella. He's going to feel like the 3rd wheel by the nite is over. :lol:

What are the rest of you chicks up to today???

Eleni
06-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Good morning all, Things are going good. It looks like we are going to have a beautiful day even if it will be very hot. I won't be able to hit the pool this morning as I have to go to my art class. The new teacher isn't a lot of help with pen and ink but hopefully I will still learn some stuff.
Hopefully I won't wimp out and I will go in pool later today.
Have a great weekend

ellis
06-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Ruth, you're wise to take a break. :yes: You just CAN'T get over there every day. Harry will understand, and if he doesn't... ;)
Please give Lorraine my best wishes. I'm so sorry that the greenhouse is closing. It's such a great one. :(
Chilly, eh? I had to shut the windows last night and get out the duvets. :lol: It was lovely and cozy.

Wenchy, Shakespeare in the Park! Wonderful! Enjoy yourselves. :)
You've just reminded me that I missed an outdoor opera last night. Darn. :(

Eleni, when you get home from class, you'd better jump right in the pool. :lol: Sounds like you're in for a hot one. (is that a Canadian expression? "... in for a hot one..."?)

Nothing on for me today. I'm getting ready for my sister's baby shower in a few weeks. I'm going to start making the ice rings today. They're going to have different layers of colour, and I'm going to put edible flowers in them.
Yesterday I found the perfect table cloth. It's red/yellow/green... the colours in my living/dining rooms! :)

What's up with everyone else? :wave:

wenchybritches
06-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Ellis dear, I will have double the fun for just for you chickadee! :D
(But just not double the wine! :rofl: )

ellis
06-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Go ahead, Wenchy! If you drink enough, maybe I'll eventually catch up (down?) to you weight wise. :lol3:

mama.dragon
06-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Sounds like everyone has great plans. The ice rings sound interesting. I'ld love to see a picture.

I'm sitting at 152. I know I didn't eat enough yesterday. Too hot. Today is shopping day. DD and I are leaving after we get some breakfast.

Lydia

Schatzi
06-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Oh What a beautiful Mooooorrning, Oh What a Beautiful Day!!!!
Hey all you Beach Beauties!

Ruthie: Be kind to yourself.. Change is hard but tis life....

Wenchy: Ohh, I hope it's a lovely nite for you...

Ellis: What is an ice ring... I don't think I've ever seen one...

Eleni: Have fun at class...

Everybody else: Hello!

ME:I am pooped. It's only 10, and I am whooped (feel like "Paperclippy's avatar :lol: ). DH and I cleaned the basement yesterday.. and I got my dining room back. ( DH converted it into his Cisco Lab to study for his CCIE.. The highest of all Networking Geekness certificates.)Finally all the Routers, Switches, Hubs and cables are outta there!
Shampooed the rugs in the Dining Room, and basement.
last night we saw BatMAN: THE BEST EVER!!! And well Christian Bale can put his shoes under my bed anytime (winkwink nudgenudge, say no more)

Today more of the same.clean clean polish ... sigh...........
Tonight we go to the Winery. We are learning to make our own wine.. Tonight we bottle Chateau deNeuf De Pape...A lushous Full bodied Red.. So I am planning to cheat to enjoy the "fruits" of our labor. :hat:

gofishin50
06-18-2005, 11:53 AM
:wave:Howdy all u BEACHIN BABES!

:moped: Bk 2work again 2night:tantrum:,3-close(sometime aft 9 when we get through putting everything bk n its place:rollpin: )..... :cool: 101,hot and humid yestrday and again 2day:flame:...was 96 when went 2bed last:sp:....:doh:I've developed a new weighing system 2day:crazy: called the 1 legged stark,,works well but mr goodscale:goodscale: is still stuck on stupid:kickcan:...

ELLIS.....We never:no: open our windows aft summer hits in Texas,,all our AC wld go right outside:yikes:,,,sleep w/ac on 68 so we can use a light sheet:rolleyes:...What r u going 2do w/ice rings?....edable flowers?...:chin:Possibly a eat ur drink thing youll do up there:lol3:....We serve our guest Jello Shots:cheers:,then u dont hv to worry about food :dizzy: ;)

RUTH.....When God shuts one door in our life's he always opens another,,,May ur's b a bed of roses:grouphug:

WENCHY....Why do men always think us women may hv 2much fun :s: w/out them:hat: so they bogart into our plans:shrug:?....A good cold shoulder and send him for all the wine then maybe he'll bow out and take a hike:high: :lol: ....Hv fun!!!

ELENI.....Hv fun n ur art class,,,Do u hv male nude models :smug: ?

MOMMADRAGON...I agree,it's just to darn hot 2feel like eating:eating2:,,,Hv a great shopping day...

2all mentioned and all I may hv missed while posting,,,:dance:HAVE A GREAT BEACHIN WEEKEND:beach:..................GOFISHIN:dancer:

Ruthxxx
06-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Hey! My BMI just got better! I was out in the garden and am two inches taller from the clay stuck to the bottom of my garden clogs! It's dangerous out there because my earthy is very slippery when wet!

Bamiegurl
06-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Hey chickadees! Good Morning to ya! Not much happenin around here. I am headin to TN sometime today I think! lol I may end up putting it off. Mom is supposed to be comeing for a visit but she has to keep my niece this week who has already been here for a week so I may wait. UGH! Well I have to call the x to get 4th of July straightened out as to where DS will be. Joy Joy! lol I'll check on y'all chicks later! Have a great day all!

Barb0522
06-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Morning, gals! Camp was great. I'm sad it's over.

I'm busy working. I think it may be a long day. Weight is cooperating nicely. I'm down to 137. I just hope it stays down.

fl_mom
06-18-2005, 01:18 PM
I did not have a good evening yesterday. I started out with the best intentions of having a south beach friendly dinner. I DID have a sbd friendly dinner but then I also had a key lime margarita (bad idea since I never drink) and then since it was b-day dinner they brought me a free chocolate cake and DH guilted me into eating it. I know it was my decision to eat it but omg I shouldn't have.
We were supposed to go to the movies afterwards but after my dinner, I just couldn't. I was feeling so "yuck" after the cake that we decided to go home and see a movie another night. The good thing is that I am more motivated than ever to stay with south beach eating from now on.

beach bum
06-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Hi Chicks:)

Nothings exciting going on today,Tomorrow will be the big day for me & DH. The temps are in the 70's so its going to be a BBQing weekend.

Started Phase 1 again, :o after being at my DD's for week,got the scale to move up.So it back to portion control & exercising:ebike: more. Like to get to my goal by the end of this year.Had it planned to be a round my HB:hb:,but thats no where near:shrug: in site.So hopeful by the of the year,it finally will happen. ;)

Have a nice weekend Hugs :) BB

Kiko
06-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Afternoon chicks!

Ruth Sounds like just the day you need. Be sure to take care of yourself!

Ellis Your ice rings sound so neat! I am creative, but not that creative.

Fl Mom DOn't beat yourself up so badly. Today is a new day- onward and downward! We are all going to make mistakes, that is just life! You can do this!!

Barb Glad you enjoyed your week of camp so much. I look forward to all of those fun things once my girls get older.

Scahtzi Red wine is legal on the beach, so you won't be cheating! Enjoy. :)

Me- Low key day, did a bit of shopping this morning and then dropped DD off at a friend's to swim for the afternoon. It will do her good to wear herself out. We are heading my parents' for dinner. I am enjoying the slow pace of this summer. :)

Later chicas!

mamaeli
06-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Hello, everyone. Fun day here. Woke up before DS and DH (DH-of course!) and got to read almost the entire Sat. paper without interruption. I drank my chai (special treat) too, this am. I make it myself, Kenyan style, but did use some minimally refined cane sugar in it. Hope that's okay, as a special treat, anyway. Splenda absolutely does not do it in chai. After brekkies took DS to the park, where I jog/walked the hilly trail, then fed the duckies and goosies, tried to go to a new library but it was closed. So we got lunch (Burger King grilled chicken salad. The dressing was mostly soybean oil, but did contain corn syrup, as if it's possible to escape corn syrup in processed foods.) DS enjoyed his "chicken 'uggets" as usual. We ate at another, more kid-friendly park and played on the toys for about an hour and a half. Then went to the farmer's market and got all kinds of good veggies and some fruit. Tomatoes, green beans, summer squash and zuchinni, cabbage, blueberries, plums, green peppers, Mmmmmm. Looking forward to supper tonight. I also got my favorite honeysuckle scented all natural soap and lotion, to boot! (Another special treat for me! :D ) DS had a minor meltdown and fell asleep almost immediately after coming home, and now I have time to talk to all you and take a nice shower with my new soap and lotion! Yay!

On a sidenote, the Dasani lemon water is sweet! with splenda. Not very refreshing, to be honest, but if you're in the mood for something sweet, that'll do it.

Question: since I've been posting so late in the day, lately, does anyone see my posts? Just wondering......

Request: for all you praying chicks, my DH's mother, who lives in Kenya, is very sick with diabetes and cholera, and in hospital. We are quite worried. Send up some good thoughts with us, won't you?

See you all later.

2DBeach
06-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi Beachers. :wave:

I'm new here, I hope you don't mind if I just jump right in the conversation with ya'll. :)

I've had my grandbabies since yesterday afternoon and they just left. I love having them but they can really wear me out.

I've been doing well on SB and it's finally showing in the way my clothes are fitting. I started on SB at 229 and I'm down to 214 as of this morning.:D
I just love this WOE.

The weather is blah here today. Overcast and breezy. The sun was out earlier for a bit, but now it's gone. I have nothing really to do for the rest of the day, well there's ALWAYS something to wash or clean, but I think I'll skip
that today.:smug:

My DD is pregnant with her third and I went to her ultrasound yesterday and we found out she's having a boy. I love me some little boys!! :yes:

Have a great weekend!! :cool:

mama.dragon
06-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Hey! My BMI just got better! I was out in the garden and am two inches taller from the clay stuck to the bottom of my garden clogs! It's dangerous out there because my earthy is very slippery when wet!
Too funny but it sounds like a plan to me.
Lydia

mama.dragon
06-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi Beachers. :wave:

I'm new here, I hope you don't mind if I just jump right in the conversation with ya'll. :)

The water's fine. Just jump in.

ellis
06-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Good morning! :wave:

Happy Father's Day, all! :)
I'm giving the kids a little longer to sleep, and then they're going to get up and make breakfast for DH. They've got a book about Terry Fox for him, and a subscription to National Geographic. I wonder if there's time for them to whip up a couple of cards... :lol:

2DBeach, you jump right in, girl! :grouphug:
How wonderful that you're expecting another grandchild. :)
Hey, you're doing SO well on the Beach... I'll bet you feel great! :hat:

mamaeli, I see your posts. ;) You're right... the later in the day we post, the fewer people see what we've got to say. :( I once wrote an ENORMOUS post to each and every person, and no one saw it. :lol: I see your posts, hon. :)
And BTW, you asked the other day about me not going on the treadmill on Friday. Friday was my day off. I get one a week. :D Yesterday I ran/walked again, and today is a "walk only" day. I'm sticking with the plan! :hat:
I will definitely be saying prayers for your MIL, sweetie. :grouphug: Please keep us posted.

Kiko, I'm glad you're taking it easy, hon. :) You enjoy your summer and that lovely daughter of yours. BOTH of them!! :love:

Beach Bum, enjoy the BBQ today! :hat: Stay OP, hon! :lucky:

Lydia, I hope the weather cools off for you soon. It's still chilly here... 13C (55F) ... which is just fine by me! :yes:

Schatzi, I guess I didn't make that very clear... I'm making ice rings for two punches for the shower. :)
Why is it that the dining table always becomes a "catch-all"? :?: I have a real battle keeping the kids homework off of it, my bills, DH's biking stuff... :lol:
DD saw Batman last night, too, and really enjoyed it. :)

Gofishin'... "the one-legged stark..." :lol3: You just kill me, girl. :rofl:

Bamie, you crazy girl... what are you up to? How's your Mom doing?

Barb, I was just going to comment on your loss... :hat: ...are you still down? I'm down one... just going to change my ticker...

fl_mom, Happy Birthday!!! :hb: :balloons: :gift: Jump right back on the wagon, sweetie... we're here for you! :grouphug:

It feels so good to be running again. :) I almost feel like the old Ellis. Until I look in the mirror. :lol3: No matter... the weight will come off, and I feel the muscles coming back. :dance:

Schatzi
06-19-2005, 08:41 AM
Rise and Shine...... A cool chrisp morning here in lovely New Jersey!

GOFISHIN: You Crack me up!!! And Really, is there any other way to eat Jello? Love them jello shots!

Barb: I wish I was away at camp with you last week.. I love to camp!

Flmom: Hopefully you recouperated from that margarita and chocolate ...If you like action... see Batman. It was an excellent movie...

Kiko: Ahhhhh, Thankyou for reminding me red wine is allowed... I cheated a bit... Had 5 glasses of our newly bottled Chat.

2Dbeach: Welcome !!!!!!!

Mamaeli: I see your posts, love! OOOhhh Fresh markets, hope there are alot of them in NC(?)... Sending good vibes to your mom--- hope she will recover quickly...

Elllis: U GO GIRL! I can't run ..I'd knock myself out with a left boob upper cut punch.

Today I'm taking it easy.... Maybe go to the pool for a bit...

Later Gaters!

Eleni
06-19-2005, 08:42 AM
Good morning all,Art class went ok.No we have no nude models.That could be interesting tho. I am very much a begiinner but I enjoy going. My original teacher took the summer off and I miss her. Our class is a mixed group of beginners to those that know what they are doing. Ages from 12 to 70.And everyone does different things after a few weeks.I do mostly pen and ink. This teacher doesn't do pen and ink so I don't get quite as much help.But I still plug away at it.
I am heading out to pool right away this morning.Did not make it yesterday.Hubby and a friend were working out back all day yesterday and I was not about to take my fat butt out there where a stranger could see me.
We are going to hubby's son for a cookout today. It will be nice but I am not real fond of eating outside. But I will do anything for hubby.It is his day.He is such a wonderful father he deserves only the best. He has been a great father to my 5 kids and you would never know he was not their natural dad.
Well Have a great day.It looks like we are in for a hot one. :)

angelshine90
06-19-2005, 08:52 AM
:yawn: I am really tired this morning..I need a ton of coffee :coffee:
J and I are off to the Cape this morning...for Father's Day...I made him a CD....all decorated and stuff..I hope he likes it :)

SO ...ahem I am finally down a pound! FINALLY :cb:

I bet its cause I have started lifting weights... :strong: anyways I made those snicker bars from the Low carb form and AHHH sooo amazing...i also made the "non bake cookies" to bring to my house today...mainly so i wont eat any rich dessert...and I want my family to see how this isn't a crazy "diet"..even though they have been on Atkins for like 6 years :lol:

alright well i must go find my coffee now!

Ruthxxx
06-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Quick hi this morning. :wave:

I skipped Church and lay in bed and read. For some reason (!) I feel exhausted and needed this morning to regroup for the busy week ahead. I may do a bit of relaxing gardening, will pay my last visit to the Greenhouse, go to the hospital to see Harry mid-afternoon and then just loaf on the deck for the remains of the day. I am drinking water, eating sensibly and working in a short stint on the treadmill so don't worry.

Apologies for not commenting on everyone's post. Life is just moving too fast lately. :(

Bamiegurl
06-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Mornin lil chickadees! Looks like y'all are up and at 'em today!
Me...DH woke me at 7:30 to ask if I wanted any coffee? Hmmm let's see I'm sleeping peacefully...NO! Now I'm up though thank you very much. His plan is to work out in the garage all day on his Harley. DD is goin tubing with a friend. We took DH out to eat lastnight for FD. I will pick DS up around 4:30 this afternoon. I think I'll mop the living room today since noone will be here. I need to do some laundry as well. Gotta get ready for the work week! lol I figure about the time I get used to working my job will be over. lol

Ellis...You are up early this morning. Sounds like your on a mission! lol Mom was supposed to come visit this week but she does not feel up to the trip.

Schatzi...Enjoy your swim

Eleni...My Mom is an artist. Enjoy your classes. Sounds fun.

Angelshine90...I think I'll join you for coffee! lol

Ruth...You of all peeps deserve a sleep in and do nuttin day! Rest Relax and Enjoy! No apology's needed!

Me I'm off to the garage to see what he has found with my name on it! lol Have a great day all!

mama.dragon
06-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Mamaeli, hugs and prayers for you and your family. Keep well and take care of yourself.

I'm down another 2 pounds. :dance: I'm going to start phase 2 today. Sunday is pancake day at our house. It's buckwheat so I'm hoping it's okay. :hun: I only eat one. Tonight will be the challange. DD and I are taking DH to Outback for dinner. I love their baked sweet potatoe with lots of honey butter. Okay the plan is to order steamed veggies. :yes:

Lydia, mom 2 a tornado :blah:

Barb0522
06-19-2005, 11:48 AM
fl_mom - If you are faced with something like cake and really do not want to turn it down then keep it to the three bite rule. I try to think about whether it is something that I really want and if it is, then I just eat a little.

beach bum - I thought I would be at goal now but I think sometimes it is better to just relax as long as you are not gaining. Plateaus happen and losses slow as you get closer to goal. You will get there eventually.

Kiko - I'm so glad you have the summer to relax and enjoy both of your girls. I went back to work when Brian was 8 weeks old (after a c section) and it was hard to get started with pumping milk and working when I was still so tired and sore and he wasn't sleeping well.

mamaeli - I read all the posts but if they are in a thread that has been closed I may not reply. Actually I have trouble finding time to reply to them all normally anyway. You definitely have my prayers for your mother-in-law.

2DBeach - Welcome to the Beach! Sounds like you are doing great!

ellis - I am at 137.5 this morning so still lower than my ticker. I'll change it on Wed. I think the half pound up today may be because TOM came to visit yesterday. Totally surprised me since it's not even been two weeks. Then I checked and realized I'd been so busy I totally forgot to BC pills! I've never done that before! I guess it's a good thing that I haven't had any time for any"fun" lately either.

Schatzi - Taking it easy sounds like fun. Actually I was teaching at day camp (Twilight Camp). They allow the Webelos to camp overnight on the last night but my son is still a Bear. One more year. It's really too hot to camp anyway.

Eleni - Sounds like you have a fun day planned. Are you bringing something OP to make sure you have things to eat? In Phase 2, I bring whole wheat hamburger or hotdog buns if I know that is on the menu. I'll even bring my own fat free hotdog. Three Bean Salad is yummy with Splenda.

angelshine - Congrats on the loss. I love lifting weights. And it sure came in handy when I needed to carry a sledgehammer around camp. I never could have handle it before.

ruth - Take the break. You deserve it. You are probably emotionally worn out from everything that you've got going on. I'm glad to hear you are taking care of yourself.

Bamie - Enjoy your day!

mama dragon - I love making sweet potatoes at home. They are so good with Smart Balance and Sugar Twin Brown Sugar. Yum!

Me - Well, I ended up working almost 8 hours yesterday but I finished the two servers that could be worked on. My team lead says I'll get a couple of days of comp time for working over 16 hours during my vacation. I was exhausted yesterday and it probably is from TOM starting early.

DH and Brian finally got on the road for their rocket contest today. They were still building rockets up until 11 last night so they missed yesterday's contest. I've got laundry, meal planning, grocery shopping, a trip to the library and three hours at the animal shelter planned. I really want to mow the grass too. I've just got to figure out how to work everything in. Then back to work tomorrow. I am being lazy and skipping church :( Basically I've got to cram in my entire weekend's worth of stuff in one day. Oh, I converted a recipe for Blueberry turnovers to south beach last night. I had some leftover phillo dough that I used. I need to look up whether it can be called phase 2 or phase 3 and then post the recipe. It was really easy and really yummy!

jenne1017
06-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Morning all. Hope all is well. Drive by posting -- back to Phase 1 for a few days. Cravings sucked. Can't have bread in the AM either.

Back to the drawing board...

anchor weight
06-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Afternoon chicks!

Sorry I've been MIA - I not only fell off the beach Friday night but went off head first into a hot fudge turtle sundae! :lol: At least when I cheat I do it well. :lol: The last two days I've doing a detox that I purchased so it will be back to the beach on Monday. Maybe the mamogram lump stress was just too much!

Mamogram came back normal. Thank goodness. But it still doesn't explain what it is. I have a doc appt on Monday. I'll keep you posted.

I've done nothing exciting this weekend. Except DM was playing in a golf tournament at her club and the waitress I gave my business card to for the shy guy talked to her. The waitress said she accidently washed the business card and never gave it to him. But he did receive my email and called the waitress to ask her about me. :dizzy: Confusing I know. :lol: He is out of town on business and won't be back for a week or so. He hasn't emailed me back yet the waitress said it sounded positive!

Hope you all had good weekends!

Bamiegurl
06-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Amy...Sounds like he is really shy! Good luck with him! WooHoo! Don't forget us married chicks live our single life through you and all your hot dates! lol

DH decided at the last minute to go to the lake with DD. They had invited him yesterday and he said no but changed his mind this morning after he had the garage cleaned up before they got here. Decided to wait about workin on the HOG! lol I have done nothing yet! I gotta get goin. Have a great day y'all!