South Beach Diet - Question about 'cheating' and Phase 1

jen1422
06-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Hi everyone!! My husband wouldn't let me go to the store tonight and we didn't have any groceries so he decided to order a pizza. I had 2 small slices. (I am so ashamed but man was it good!)

My question is...do I pick up where I left off tomorrow? Or do I start over? I'd rather just pick up where I left off. I've been doing so well in phase 1. I also work out every day, so I'm not concerned too much about the calories in the pizza.

Thanks! :)

ellis
06-18-2005, 09:08 AM
Jen, what day are you on? I would say just move on and never cheat again, but some people will tell you to start over. :shrug:
Use your discretion. The pizza may very well set off cravings that will put you right over the edge. You may NEED to start over. Phase I really is a detox period for your body. :yes:

jen1422
06-18-2005, 11:14 AM
I am on day 12 of phase one, so right near the end.

Thanks for the reply! If the cravings come back, I will start over. :)

mama.dragon
06-19-2005, 05:34 AM
My concern is the statement "wouldn't let me". You're both adults so what is that all about. Also, always have a backup meal or two. They've saved me many a time.

Lydia

jen1422
06-19-2005, 10:44 AM
Our baby was asleep for the night and he (DH) didnt want me to go by myself. Memphis is a pretty dangerous city.

mama.dragon
06-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Our baby was asleep for the night and he (DH) didnt want me to go by myself. Memphis is a pretty dangerous city.
Okay, that makes sense. Sorry to jump but I know too many women dealing with abusive men.

As I said, always have a back up. Mine is tuna or canned chicken and canned beans. Not elligant but it does the job. :D

jenne1017
06-19-2005, 01:39 PM
I would start over (like I am now) but that's just me.

I had a few bites of carrot cake on Thursday and am in crave city. Went food shopping and back to Phase 1. For at least 3-4 days.

Also realized no bread in the AM for me. It too set off cravings.

ellis
06-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Jen, how are you doing today? Did you manage to get out to pick up groceries?
It's rough being a woman sometimes, isn't it. :( Ottawa is a relatively tame city, but I still don't feel comfortable being out and alone at night.

jen1422
06-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I finally got some groceries! I think I am going to extend phase 1 for another week to get back on track. I'm not having any cravings, but I want to make sure I'm doing everything by the book for the last week. I've still been working out every day. :)

mama.dragon - It's ok...when I read your first post I thought "oh no! that's not what I meant!" LOL Memphis has one of the highest crime rates in the country. I live in a suburb of Memphis in a pretty nice neighborhood, but Chris doesn't want me to take any chances...and I don't blame him!

ellis - I did well today. We went to Chris' favorite restaurant for his Father's Day lunch. It was a Mexican restaurant, so I got the taco salad and didn't eat the shell. From looking at the menu, it was my safest bet. I also got it with chicken instead of beef. Lots of lettuce and jalapeno slices. YUM!

ellis
06-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Jen, good for you! :hat: I think going on Phase I for another week is a great idea.
Good luck, hon!

jenne1017
06-20-2005, 11:23 AM
I am going back to Phase 1 until Fri jen! Good luck!!! :)