South Beach Diet - Vitamuffins??

View Full Version : Vitamuffins??

emweinb
06-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Ladies:

I have a quick question for you. I am new to the beach and on day 5 of phase1...feeling pretty successful so far but worried about getting bored in the long run. I got an email about vitamuffins (low fat, no sugar) chocolate muffins and was wondering if they could work for me on P2.

My confusion is that they are 1.5 grams of fat per muffin, no sugar BUT 24 carbs and I can't figure out if they are OK for SBD...any guidance or general rules of thumb about "no sugar, some carbs" would be so appericated...

thanks!

Barb0522
06-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Remember that this is a good carb diet - not a low carb one. It really depends on what the ingredients are. With something like muffins you would be looking for 100% whole grains (often wheat). Avoid enriched flour. Avoid white flour. Avoid saturated and trans fats. If you can get a list of the ingredients we can tell you if they are okay.

emweinb
06-17-2005, 04:44 PM
The ingredients are not listed online, and I am now thinking this would be a better WW treat...high fiber, but not sure about the flour issue...thanks though!

beachgal
06-17-2005, 05:40 PM
emweinb, do you mean Weight Watchers or Whole Wheat when you say WW?

On SBD, it's about eating good carbs and good fats, less processed food, and no sugar. Have you read the book?