South Beach Diet - I think it's Wednesday on the Beach

ellis
06-15-2005, 06:49 AM
I don't know WHAT I'm doing up this early! Could it be because I napped a total of 4 1/2 hours yesterday!? :lol:

I'm so excited... it's 18C out!! (64F) :dance: It's practically WINTER!!
I've gained 3 freakin' pounds, but I'm full of energy, and I'm going to DO things today! :hat:

What's everyone up to? :wave:

Ruthxxx
06-15-2005, 07:00 AM
Geez, Ellis, shall I start up the woodstove? It's muggy here still but certainly not as bad as it was. We had a dilly of a t-storm last night and the deck cushions are soaked.

I'll be outta here most of the day checking out places for my Harry to stay as the hospital is making muttering noises about releasing him by the weekend! :yikes:

Hey, the extra weight could be water weight! We turn into camels in the hot weather, you know. Are you a one humper or a two humper? :rofl:

ellis
06-15-2005, 07:08 AM
:rofl: Ruth, you're killin' me. :lol3: You should write a book.
It's definitely not water. Not to be too explicit, it's an entire quiche, b&b, big bowls of c, etc. :rolleyes:
Good luck with the hunt today. sweetie... thinking of you. :grouphug:

anchor weight
06-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Morning chicks!

Just a quick drive by this am. Have to get to work! Have a great day!

soon2Bfab
06-15-2005, 08:35 AM
good morning! Ellis...I'm up this morning too....just 1/2 lb...so I must be a 1 hump! I know I did not getr enough water in me. I drank 70 oz, but with working out & unloading a truck & sweating so much my hair was wet (GROSS!) I know I needed more! I'll have to try again today!
Well I'm off to work....I was going to call off because the 2 managers I hate working with are there this morning....but I know my store manager wants me there to babysit them. There's just not enough "rewards" for being a good worker!
See you later!

Bamiegurl
06-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Mornin' Chickadees! They say relief is in sight from the heat! WooHoo! Off to work this mornin'. Third day and I'm already goin in early! lol

Ellis...I hope you stay cool today!

Ruth...Good luck finding DH a good place to stay.

Anchor...Good Mornin'!

Soon...Have a great day in spite of your surroundings! lol

Have a great day to all the ones to peck in later!

jenne1017
06-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Morning. Just stopped in before my trip. Bags are packed, snacked are too! See you girls Friday and...

BE GOOD!!!!

:lol:

wenchybritches
06-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Mornin all you fabulous chicks! I was off yesterday and bummed around the house. Still kinda recovering from the concert. It is supposed to get upi to 85 today. I see a sundress in my near future. ;)

Ellis....Prayed to the rain gods huh? lol Glad its cooler for you :cool:

Ruth....Good luck with Harry. Hope you find a good place. :crossed:

Anchor....Mornin chick! :D

Soon....I feel your pain! Done that myself.... :yes:

Bamie....Welcome to my world of going in early. :dizzy:

wenchybritches
06-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Good luck with your trip Jenn. We will all miss you! :grouphug:

ellis
06-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Jenn, have a great trip, hon! :wave:

Wenchy, try to stay cool today! You're not as hot as we eskimos up here :snooty: , but you're close. :lol:

Bamie, if it wasn't so darned damp here, it would be deliciously cool. Wishing better weather for you, too!

Soon, working with people like that makes a better person of you. :lol: Good luck today... and drink up the water!

Amy, let's have the latest installment on your love-life, please! ;)

I'm just going to do something, and I'm not going to talk about it until its done. I'll be back in a bit. If I don't die doing it.

beach bum
06-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Hi Chicks:)

The weather on the Cape is going to be the same as Ellis, down to 65" YIPEE :cb: Going to take advantage by taking a long walk along the beaches :beach:

Ellis- Sorry:sorry: for your gain,but It has to be a water gain.You'll probably lose it today,as the temps are alot lower.

Anchor, Soon & Bammie- Have a wonderful :flow1: day,don't work to hard.

Jenne-Have a wonderful:flow1: & fun :balloons: time on your trip.

Wenchy-Have a great day,shopping for that:sunny: sundress

Have a great day Hugs :) BB

Ruthxxx
06-15-2005, 09:51 AM
OMG! Is Ellis getting on the treadmill? Inquiring minds wish to know. I was considering dusting mine off a few minutes ago. The bathroom window has been open for days and it's covered with a fine dust of pollen from my white pine! It's 20C or 68F right now so maybe..........

ellis
06-15-2005, 09:51 AM
BB, yay on the weather!! :dance: What a relief, eh?
Enjoy your walk on the beach, you lucky girl, you! :) Give my love to the ocean...

ellis
06-15-2005, 09:52 AM
CRAP! I KNEW you'd guess, Ruth! :mad: I'm getting on it RIGHT NOW!! I'm procrastinating, but now that you've given away my secret... :lol3:
Dust yours off... let's go, girl!!

beach bum
06-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Will do,We always lived by the beach,:beach:wouldn't have it anyother way. Hugs :) BB

beachgal
06-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Ellis, it's great to hear you so chipper! :goodvibes: I'm so glad it's cooled down. Here, too. It's not as cool as there, but it's measurably cooler than before! I may spend the evening gardening! :D Have a great day sweetie, and don't worry about the pounds. I bet they are all water you retained from the darn humidity! :mad: They'll drop off, especially now that it's cool and you'll feel like moving! :D

Ruth, we didn't get that storm really, but everyone kept talking about it. Glad everyone's okay up there. I love it when a storm brings back the cooler weather! :D Have a safe and good day, and don't forget to bring snacks and water, okay? :grouphug:

Hi, Amy! :wave:

Soon, I hope the day works out better than you think. ;) I had to do a six hour drive with my boss the other day and I was dreading it, but it wasn't as hard as I thought! Not fun, by any means, but not a crisis, either. ;)

Hey, Bamie! What's this new job? Hope it's fun! :D

Now, Jenn, when are we ever good? :devil: You have a blast, hon! :cp:

Wenchy, was the concert fun? I hope it's a good kind of recovery! ;)

Me:
Well, the scale is still being wonky...I agree, digital might be better, but I've been weighing on this scale since I started so I want to keep the continuity. I'm not sure why it would suddenly be so hard to zero! I must have stepped on it with one foot at least 9 times this a.m. before it hit zero squarely. Usually once that happens, it stays there each time I step off, but today I had to do the whole routine of stepping on it several times to get it to zero again in between each weigh. :rolleyes: Still, the good news is that it said 208.5! :goodscale:

I haven't been exercising. :( I have much less energy and in that heat I didn't want to do much, but I know it's all excuses. :coach: I need to get off my duff! If I don't garden today, I'm doing my Pi/Yo video. You heard it hear, so call me on it, okay, beachy friends? :nono:

Hung out with the dog, watched movies, and finished Rosie O'Donnell's book, Find Me last night. I made the Lemon Couscous recipe from the original SBD book. If anyone hasn't made it, it's so good...and so fast. You just chop broccoli and cooked chicken, toss some in the pot until it boils, throw in the rest and let it sit for five minutes and voila, you have dinner! :D It says to chill it, and I did that with the rest, some of which I'll have for lunch today, but honestly, it's just as good warm. :)

Have a great beachy day, chickies! :beach:

beachgal
06-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Woo-hoo...if I had a treadmill close by, I'd jump on too in a show of solidarity. As it is, the most I can offer is marching in place at my desk. ;)

YGG, Ellis and Ruth...show those treadmills who's boss! :coach: :cp:

Barb0522
06-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Morning, gals! Today is supposed to be another hot one here. High of 96 and it looks like it is predicted to be a red ozone day. Yesterday the boys I taught at camp made posters of animals from the nature hike and pounded metal disks into bowls. The hammering didn't bother me which is good because today they are doing bird houses so lots more hammering. Today we will be in the shop so I will actually have some help with them. I did get in a little extra exercise helping to set up but teaching arts and crafts is not terribly physical. It is a lot of time on my feet though!

I've been swapping dinner with lunch and fixing grilled fish sandwiches with a lot of veggies for lunch and then three bean salad with crab, tuna or chicken and fruit during camp. I've been drinking lots of water and the weight is creeping down daily. I am solidly into the 130's now and plan to stay here.

Brian didn't do so well at the dentist yesterday so we'll be going back in a couple of weeks for two fillings and some sealants. Why did he have to inherit my teeth with their deep crevices and crowding? We do have braces coming up with he gets more of his permanent teeth.

fl_mom
06-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Good Morning!

I never did get to the store yesterday, I didn't even finish my list. The weather is supposed to be the same today as yesterday so no relief there. We've been here for 3 yrs and I still am not used to the heat. Tomorrow is my birthday, I think I will buy the kids a pool, for THEM to use of course ;) hehe

Kiko
06-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Morning chicks!

Barb OMG!! You are so close to goal, you must be pumped! The heat here is a bit crazy, although we haven't been out in it much!

Ellis Let us know how the treadmill goes, I am actually looking forward to getting back itno exercising since I didn't do SQUAT while pregnant.

Ruth I am going to backtrack posts to find out about Harry being in the hospital. Hope that everything is okay!

We are settling into a routine here at home. Big sister DD is doing pretty well adjusting to her new sister. It is quite cute! Little Miss Megan Elizabeth is almost a week old and it doing well. She lost quite a bit of weight on leaving the hosiptal, so I am constantly nursing her to plump her up. We had to see the pedi two days in a row to check her weight and she is gaining, which was his only concern. If breastfeeding really does burn calories like the books say, I should be back to my pre-preg weight pretty quickly! :lol: (If only it were that easy........)

I want to post some pictures, but really am clueless. If I emailed them to someone, would you post them for me? Ellis as given me websites to help with this before, but I am in a bit of ****** stage right now.

Later gals, I need to go snuggle big sis before the baby wakes up!

angelshine90
06-15-2005, 10:35 AM
GOOOD morning! :)

Well now its cold.....hahahh Will the weather EVER be normal? its either 90 or 40...ahhhh!
Anyways...J has lost a wopping 16 pounds so far...I am so proud of him!!!!....I am stuck and hanging out at 141.....oh well :dizzy: ....at least I am back in my size 4s and they are loose.... :)

Well no exciting plans for today....this Sunday I am going back to the Cape to see my daddy... :^: ..I think I am getting him a tie...how awful is that..but I am Poor!! I told him if he is lucky I will take him for a ride in my new car :lol: ...

anyways hope all of you have a happy HUMP day* almost Friday ;)

Barb0522
06-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Karen - I am so glad to hear things are going well for you. Brian lost a good bit and they were concerned too but he quickly got the hang of it and ended up at 20 pounds by 6 months! I never did end up losing weight while I was breastfeeding. I nursed him steady until he was at least one gradually cutting back until he weaned totally at 3. I think it just made me hungry and I wasn't eating healthy foods so I ended up gaining weight (after getting down to my prepregnancy weight by the time he was 6 months old). I wish I had known then about eating healthier. I love the name Megan Elizabeth.

I've been out in the heat this week because of Cub Scout camp but I'm trying to stay out of the sun as much as possible. This heat is just too much to take little ones out in.

Gryffgirl
06-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Today I am totally wiped out. I had my first offical session with my trainer last night and he kicked my butt! It was an hour only, but it was legs, arms, abs, cardio, and stretches. I am so tired! :lol: It was good, I felt that I was really burning calories and building muscle. We'll see. I want to build up my flexability. So, I have another appointment next week and I hope to hit the gym this week sometime.

It's nice and cool here today....it'll probably be 90 tomorrow, :lol: . I hope everyone has a great day! This is Phase I day II for me. I'm tryin' :ebike:

Schatzi
06-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Oh Happy Hump Day All,

Ellis: It's water weight not to worry!

Ruth: I hope you find a nice place for Harry

Wenchy: Oooh a Sundress, I haven't been in one in years.. Come to think of it I spent the last 2 summers in Capris to cover my Ham Hocks..

Jenn: I hope you have some fun at the conference.... I know how those things tend to weaken your will, with those pastries and soda and lunches. Stay Strong!!

Barb: Are you a Den Mother? How fun that must be!

Beachgal: That Lemon Coucous sounds delish. I have a box of Tabooleh - maybe I'll doctor it up with the chicken and veggies...

fl mom: I should wait till tomorrow but Happy Bday!

Kiko: Megan, What a pretty name! Can't wait for the pics!

to anyone I missed - Hello!!

Me: Yesterday I put the ad in the paper to sell our townhome... I hope it sells fast. Since the real estate market is booming here, we decided to try to sell it ourselves. Not that I'm greedy or anything but it seems ridiculous to pay a commission of like 20,000 grand on townhomes that seem to sell themselves. So what the heck, we'll give it a try!
I officially completed my 3rd week on SBD -stepped on the Porkometer and got to move my tracker down .. I don't believe it but I lost 16 pounds since Day1.. That has never happened to me on WW , LAWL , Atkins,etc... Um could be because I never lasted this long without cheating on the others.

I'm going to play in my garden. The portulacas are coming up, the peonies need tending and I need to weed!.

Have a great day all!

Barb0522
06-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Schatzi - You are doing great! I love the healthy food. They don't call us Den Mothers any more. I'm actually an Assistant Den Leader as well as the secretary for the Pack Committee. This year I'm teaching at cub scout camp. It's a bunch of fun!

LOVE2C135
06-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Good Morning!

I am so jealous of all the nice weather! I would much rather have it hot than the yucky rain we can't seem to escape from. It is sunny here today, but the showers are expected back tomorrow. :( I guess I'll take what I can get. I'm just feeling a little cheated as it's June and we've yet to see any warm temperatures for more than two days in a row.

Well, again there was no loss for me this week. I am PMS though, so hopefully I'm holding water. I guess I'll know soon. I am feeling a little thinner though. I had to renew my drivers license yesterday and they took a new pic, and my face and neck look thinner to me. You'd actually think you were looking at a picture of a thin person by the head shot! I know, I will get there. I was just hoping I'd make more scale progress than I have.

So, if no loss next week, I'm posting my daily food intake for review.

Hope you all have a great day! Don't melt! :dizzy:

Country Charm
06-15-2005, 11:19 AM
Good Wednesday morning everyone! :)

I am down 2 lbs...........but I know that it is water weight.....I hopped off the beach last week on our vacation to the :beach: beach. :lol: So back on phase 1 for me..... I had terrible...I mean terrible carb cravings yesterday evening............ omg they were worse the second time trying phase 1 then the first time around........ I hope today is a better day! ((((hugs to all)))))

~Tracy~

ellis
06-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Laurie girl, you get that video out tonight! :drill: Don't slack off... you've come too far, you babe, you! :love:
I hear ya on the scale. :rolleyes: I have to do the "toe tap" at least six times before I get on mine. And then "the lean".
That lemon couscous sounds good... I'm going to try it tonight... thanks! :wave:

Barb, that's great news about the 130s!! :hat: Sounds like the lunches are going well! :yes:
Teeth are a nuisance, aren't they. :( I wore braces... it'll be so worth it for Brian. He'll have a beautiful set of teeth when he grows up. :)
I LOVE that you enjoyed breastfeeding. :) So did I. I nursed my DS for two years, and I was reluctant to stop. It's such a lovely bonding time. I know not everyone appreciates that. :shrug:

Angela, have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!! :hb: :balloons: :gift: :woo:
Yes, get the pool so you can spend your birthday in it! :)

Kiko, your daughter's name is lovely! :cloud9:
You'll get that pregnancy weight off in no time, hon. :yes: I know what you mean about the breastfeeding though. You think, "Shouldn't the weight just be FALLING off with all this nursing!?" :lol:
Don't email me your photos. Sil is mad at me because I still haven't posted the photos of my kitchen from Christmas. :lol3:
Can anyone else help Kiko?

Angel, have a wonderful time with your Dad. Love him lots... you're so fortunate to have him... :)

Gryffgirl, good going with the trainer!! :hat:

Schatzi, "ham hocks". :lol3: I hear ya, hon! :rofl:
16 pounds!?!? :yikes: You go, girl!! :cheer:

Love, I'm sure it's water weight. :yes: It'll come off... don't get discouraged!
Isn't that lovely when your face looks slimmer! That's the best!! :hat:

Okay. Get this. I just went on the treadmill for 30 minutes! I bought this little Prevention running magazine. It has a 7 week plan in it. (I'm on Day One. heh heh heh)
I alternately ran for 1 minute, then walked 2 minutes for the entire 1/2 hour! :dance: I'm so pleased with myself!!
Oh, and also, I'm wearing my pedometer. I'm over 5000 steps, and it's only just past 10:am!! :hat:

ellis
06-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Tracy, I missed your post... come on, girl! You can do this!! :bubbles:

fl_mom
06-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the b-day wishes

Tracy - Just say NO! :D

Schatzi - Congrats on your amazing loss! I am seeing results with SBD that I never had before also. I am sure part of it is due to my meds but either way it's feels great to finally lose!

PHinsUP!
06-15-2005, 11:52 AM
good morning gals!
I am soooo shocked this morning! I went for my meeting with my trainer, totally expecting a gain on the scale, and I was down 3 lbs!!! woo hoo I couldn't believe it.
I went swimming at my dad's yesterday, in the river....BBBRRRRRrrrrrrr.
That water was frigid. I'll never complain about how cool the water is in the pool at water aerobics!!! I couldn't tell you if I just got used to the water, or just Numb!
It's gonna be a nice hot one here again today. But it feels just a little less humid than yesterday morning!
Well, I'm gonna finish eating my B'fast and head back to the gym for my workout.
Just wanted to share my shock from my weigh in!
Hope you all have a great day!

mama.dragon
06-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Ellis: A 4 1/2 hour nap! I hope you're feeling better today. :tread: Go get um.

Ruth: Good luck on finding the right place for Harry.

Soon: I hope work wasn't too bad. You're right about the lack of reward. ;)

Barb: Sorry about Brian's teeth. DH and I both have problems with our teeth.

fl_mom: In case I forget...have a happy birthday. :gift: :balloons:

Kiko: Glad to hear the breastfeeding is going well. I think the weight loss thing is a myth. I have friends tandem nursing a toddler and newborn with no weight loss. :sorry:

Me:
:dizzy: Well I'm back down to where I was pre vacation but it hasn't been 48 hours yet. Sometimes I don't see a gain for 2 days. Phase 1 is going well with no cravings. If I'm still down tomorrow I may go back to phase 2. :?: Any thoughts?

Lydia :bubbles:

mamaeli
06-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Hello, everyone. It's HOT here, too. Heat index is supposed to be 104. :( Am debating if I should take DS to the pool again today. He didn't nap (again) and is on the crabby side---but "I" really love being in the water......we'll see. Have to take some clothes to the drycleaners, so it's all in the same area.

I have found a wonderful ice cream. It's called Carb Escape, and it's made by a company called Turtle Mountain. I got it at Kroger's, in the natural/organics section, next to all of the soy ice cream. It's a soy (dairy free) dessert, and so good I kept on checking the label and ingredients thinking, "How do they make this SO good?!" It only comes in pints, too, so it gets gone faster (a good thing, from my perspective.) Each serving has 150 cal, 11g fat/1 sat fat, no cholesterol, low sodium, and 18 g carbs/10 fiber, 0 sugar, 1 sugar alcohol, and 6 other. It was in three flavors: mint chip, butter pecan, and the one I got, chocolate almond. (No malitol in the chocolate, either.) Anyway........

Weight is just bouncing up and down between 247 and 248, just like for the last two weeks (since I started Phase 2.) Am getting a little frustrated, but I think (maybe) I'm gaining muscle? Have been exercising at least 5 days a week, if not 6, and DH keeps commenting "you're looking skinnier." I don't have a decent measuring tape, but even I think my thighs are looking a little skinnier. I'll know in a couple of weeks when I do my measure in at Curves.

Wanted to reply to everyone, but DS is getting very ansty, screaming in my ear...........

gofishin50
06-15-2005, 05:00 PM
:wave:Hey BEACHIN BABES!

Not much time to post,,my computer:comp: is on the blink and my dishwasher decided not to drain,,,:doh:I poored draino:crazy: n it and it flooded the kitchen and both sinks w/soap suds:shrug:...got online:comp: and found site that said to poor 1/2c veg oil 2kill suds and it worked :s: ,,,dishwasher still draining 2slow,,,hope it doesn't need replacing :mad: ,,,Have 2go to work again:tantrum: in 1hr so got to run:moped:,,,Hope uall r alright and having a BEACHIN DAY:dance::beach:,u sure had some great posts:gossip: 2day but no time to respond:write:..............GOFISHIN:dancer:

ellis
06-15-2005, 05:07 PM
PHinsUP!, congratulations on the 3 pounds!! :hat:

Lydia, do you really feel the need to go on Phase II? Because if you can stick it out for a few more days, I'd go for it. :yes: However, if you feel that you're on the verge of "losin' it", I'd move on...

mamaeli, I'm sure you're gaining muscle! :yes: How sweet that your DH noticed. :love:
I hope the weather cools down for you soon, hon. :grouphug:

I don't know WHAT to make for dinner. Except that couscous thingy. But the chicken is still in the freezer. And I'm hot...

ellis
06-15-2005, 05:08 PM
GoFishin', I missed your post! You poor darling! :yikes: What a DAY!! :(
I hope tomorrow is better for you, sweetie... :grouphug:

Kiko
06-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Ellis Are you still combining WW and SBD? I am thinking of doing the same. I think that for right now I am going to do WW, b/c it seems to (for me) require less prep work and cooking. I need to make sure I am intaking enough calories for nursing as well and they have a point value for that.

Just wondered what your success with combining them has been.

ellis
06-15-2005, 06:21 PM
I lost 10 pounds on WW around Christmas time, but I just couldn't stick with it. :shrug: Then I tried combining the two with a little bit of success. Then I went back on Phase I, lost 4 pounds, and then gained it back. :rolleyes:
Right now? I'm concentrating on exercising. :lol: Sooner or later SOMETHING'S gotta click!
I do like WW, though. :yes: I like that you can eat "whatever you want", providing you stay within your points. It makes life a little easier.
Good luck with whatever you choose, hon! :lucky:

Schatzi
06-15-2005, 06:30 PM
2 Fins Up for PhinsUP - U GO!!!!
Go Fishin: UGH.. I hope your dishwasher just needed some sort of Clonic /Unclogging treatment.... There's only 2 of us here, and I don't know how I would survive without mine... LAZY A*** that I am...

MamaEli: CARB ESCAPE!!! MINT CHIP ...That's going right on next weeks shopping list ....oooh Thankyou! And you bet its probably muscle - it weighs more than fat but takes up less room..

mama.dragon
06-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Ellis, I will probaby stay on phase 1 for the week. I was just starting to get to like oat meal though.

Lydia

Eleni
06-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Just a quick hello. My hubby came to the rescue again.I have been exercising in my pool but it is a lot of sun.I thought up the idea of getting an umbrella to attach to steps so I could do part of exercises out of sun. Told Bill my idea and he took care of it tonight.Went and got the umbrella after supper and then fixed it so I can use it tomorrow. I usually can't get him to do stuff right away. But he knows the pool is only way I can exercise but doesn't want me in sun so much. So he took care of it right away. Now I can exercise without being in sun for 1 1/2 hours.
Have done better with eating today. No snacking tonight except for some popsicles