Old 06-14-2005, 04:09 PM   #1  
One day at a time...

Question 6 Month Goal!!

Hello all,

I was just curious about my goal and if it is realistic.

I found out Sunday that my boyfriend is taking me to the Bahamas(for christmas), so I am super exicted. Of course that means I need to seriously start kicking my *** into shape for the next 6 months. When I started my journey in April I was wearing a 20(04/30), currently I wear 18 and some 16's. Is it a realistic goal for me to be wearing an 8/10 by decemeber?

Some background info on my "get healthy" plan :

-not on a no carb diet but I stay clear of the "white stuff"
-I work out 2x a day 4 days a week, 1x a day 2 days a week and take a day of rest
-I drink a gallon of water almost everyday, key word almost.

Please advise!! Thanks!
April_Showers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

hmmm....that is a lot to lose. I don't want to say you couldn't do it but it would be like 3 pounds a week consistantly. If your goal weight of 145 is an 8/10. I bet with all the working out, you would look really good once you get to a 12/14 because you will be a toned 14. so even if you dont' make it all the way there, you still will look nice.

I know when ever I put a date on my weightloss goals, I never make them so I try not to even though I am aiming to be at my goal by my 30th birthday but that is in a year and a half.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:56 PM   #3  

Ooh Bahamas, sounds like fun!! As far as the wl goal I agree with Jennie it's possible but that's a big goal in a short amount of time. But if you keep up what you're doing who knows! I would try not to stress over the date though, just as long as you're seeing losses and keeping on a healthy weight loss goal that's all that should matter! Congrats and good luck!
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 06:22 PM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

April, how tall are you? Is your 145 goal weight a size 8/10 or less? (For reference, I'm 5'4" and almost down to 145, and I'm a loose 10, but everyone's body is different.)

Like Jennie, I never manage to make my goals that I have set dates for. OTOH, you seem to have been losing at a pretty good rate so far, so it could be possible. Don't forget that the closer you get to goal, the harder it is to lose!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll look great in the Bahamas even if you are a 12 or 14!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:10 PM   #5  
One day at a time...

Thanks for the wonderful words ladies...yeah the weight is a lifetime goal. I am 5'6. But I would like to be 8/10 by the middle of december...its ok if it doesn't happen I will still be healthy regardless of size. I am happy with the results thus far and I think since this vacation has popped up its making me even more motivated. I'll just keep working hard and staying healthy and we will see what happens!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

I agree with Paperclippy, the closer you get the harder it is to lose. The last 5 lbs could take longer then the 20lb before simply because your closer to goal. Because everyone loses weight and fits clothes differently it is difficult to predict. Especially since it may take 20lb to change sizes at a higher clothing size and only 10 at a lower one.

I would just keep doing what your doing. You are on the right track.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:06 PM   #7  
Chubbles

i think you can do it! esp if you are low carbing, low carbers lose FAST! My brother lost 80lbs in 4 months a year ago on atkins...especiallly if you are working out like that...it migth START to come off slow bc of all the muscle youre building, but all of a sudden you will get a whoosh and drop pounds like crazy. Also, make sure you not JUST doing cardio, lifting weights is important, because the bigger and stronger your muscles are, the more fat they will burn more often! You can do it! I want to be a 10 by christmas too! I am currently in an 18. (HUGE butt) lol
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 01:16 AM   #8  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Try not to compare yourself to how much guys have lost though, they lose a lot quicker than we do (*******s!)

If you think you can do it, go as hard as you can (healthily) If you don't get there, congratulate yourself on how far you've come.
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:52 AM   #9  
One day at a time...

Breakfastsurreal...I love the strength and weight training..I am lucky that my firm provides 3 personal trainers at my gym. I truely appreciate your encouragement...sometimes I need that extra push to keep working out the eating part isn't hard, I wasn't that big of a rice and grain so eating a more protein, less carb diet isn't too hard. I'm sitting arounda 16-18 now, with a huge, but firm(**** ya), *** too, and i don't think its going anywhere. Now if I could just grow some breasts! lol
Renny Sue...yeah I hate that men lose it more quickly but oh well. I'm just trying to get healthy.