Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2005, 11:01 AM   #1  
Haley

Default I have a HUGE sweet tooth and I found a solution!

Seriously, I will eat anything sweet. I love chocolate, cookies, cakes..yummmm! Anyways, I've been trying for so long to find something I could have that would satisy that, and I have. I bought Vanilla Spirutein (protein powder) and I make a smoothie with a frozen banana, soy milk (cause I don't drink regular milk), a scoop of protein powder, some cinnamon and nutmeg and it's delicious! The banana makes it nice and cold which kind of reminds me of ice cream and depending on how much milk you put in it can be thick and creamy, too! I've tried other protein powders that weren't as sweet as Spirutein and didn't really like it, but this stuff is great. I also saw that they have chocolate, cookies & cream, chocolate peanut butter..yummy! I think there's like 14 grams of protein in each scoop and I'm not sure of the calorie count.

But try it out, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:11 AM   #2  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Sounds really good! On average, how much milk do you put in?
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #3  
Philippians 4:13

S/C/G: 239/218/139

Height: 5'2.5"

I love spirutein also. I haven't had one ina while. I used to buy it by the can. I love strawberry and peaches & cream. I don't drink them as much any more because I'm hypothyroid and I've that soy can aggrivate this. They are good for the sweet tooth. Much healthier than most too. Lately I've been using frozen blueberries and strawberries and blending them with organic 1& milk (don't like skim) and adding a little stevia (sometimes). It's pretty light and keeps me satisfied.
rdhdgrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:20 AM   #4  
Haley

I usually don't measure but the entire smoothie usually fits into one of those plastic throw away cups (I just make it, throw it in a plastic cup and drink it on the way to work and throw it away, so I don't have caked on smoothie on cups), but I'm guessing I probably put a cup of soy milk in, I'll measure tomorrow and let you know for sure. But you can always start with a little bit and add more till it gets the consistency you want.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:57 AM   #5  

I have found that a smoothie made with protein powder and splenda also helps curb my sweet tooth. Not only because it is sweet, but the protein boost cuts down on carb cravings in general.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 03:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Where do you buy Spirutein? These smoothies sound REALLY good!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:42 PM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I haven't tried smoothies with protein powder, but I make them with a light yogurt, frozen fruit and a banana and they're delicious.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:59 PM   #8  
Haley

gray eyed girl: Spirutein can be found in most health food stores (central market, whole foods). I'm not sure if you have those where you are, but it can be found in pretty much any health food store, you may even be able to find it in an organic or health section of a grocery store (we have Kroger here, who carries it). It is a bit expensive, but there's a lot in the can so it goes a long way.

almostheaven: That sounds really good! I just need to get my protein intake up (doctor told me for my height I should be consuming about 100 grams of protein a day) so the protein shake is a great way for me to get it. But that definitely does sound good for those who choose not to use protein powder.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:04 PM   #9  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

I've just started using All The Whey Chocolate protein powder with skim milk and it's great. I bet it's good in smoothies too, though I haven't felt like taking out the blender yet.
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Height: 5'8"

I don't know if this is going for the flavor you want, but I've been making fruit smoothing with Skim milk, FF yogert, 1 apple & a bananna. I found that adding in 1/2 cup red grapes REALLY boosts the sweetness and it adds all those delicious anti-oxidents too. (the milk and yogert give the protein)
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Thanks, haleys. There's a Whole Foods in my neighborhood and I go in there regularly for a couple of snacks my kids like. I'll look for it next time I need to make a Veggie Booty run!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote