South Beach Diet - Hopefully back to stay

View Full Version : Hopefully back to stay

Gryffgirl
06-14-2005, 09:18 AM
Hi ladies,
Well, I fell off plan earlier this months and had a hard time bringing myself back. I decided that I needed some extra oomph so I got myself a trainer and a nutritionist. I have my first official meeting tonight. I went to an informal meeting once last week and they did a flexibility test (45 degree angle, they want me to be at a 90 degree! :fr: Eesh..) So, we'll see. I have a 10 week subscription and we'll see if I can lose at least 20 pounds. They said it's an attainable goal so I am hoping with the kick in the pants of an official "boss" of weight loss, I'll stick with it. (Plus, for the money I am paying, I can't afford to fail! :lol: ).
Anyway, sorry for leaving girls, but I will stick with you ladies now! I hope. :D

cac
06-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Congrats on starting agian. I think it is a great idea about the nutritionist and trainer. I am starting again today also.

cc

Ruthxxx
06-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Welcome back! You too, Cac!
One of the most motivating things you can do is to come here every day to give and get support.

sarahyu
06-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Wonderful! Would you share with us what your trainer and nutrionist have to say? Any advice you care to share will be greatly appreciated. :D

Sarah

jenne1017
06-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Welcome back! Let us know how the first night goes :)

ellis
06-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Welcome back, girls! :wave:

wenchybritches
06-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Welcome back and nice to meet you Grffy! :D
I am with sarah. I for one cannot afford either one, so any advise they give you would be appreciated by all. ;)

Gryffgirl
06-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Well, the trainer gave me some interesting advice on work outs. Rather than split the days between Cardio and Weights, do weights before your cardio and your body will burn fat faster and more efficiently. I never knew this. But still, careful not to over-do it. Basically, he helps me to work out better becase before I never knew how to pace myself.

wenchybritches
06-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Wow! That is interesting. I was doing it backwards. Cardio then weights. How cool to know that. :cool:

Schatzi
06-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Welcome Back Grffgirl ( a Harry Potter fan???!! Love those books!) and CAC... !

Country Charm
06-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Hi ~

Very interesting about the workouts. Thanks so much! :)