Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#38)

Sherry
06-13-2005, 01:19 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/angel6

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
06-13-2005, 01:30 PM

I'm one tired mama!!!!! :faint: I worked a total of 44 hours during Fan Fair those 4 days. EVERY bone in my body hurts. I can hardly walk. Plus I got up early this morning and took my MIL to the doctor.

I hurt my wrist yesterday at work. I don't know if I chipped a bone,fractured it or just brusied it. I got it caught between the hot box and one of my suites door. It still swollen even though I have kept ice on it. They made me fill out an accident report incase. If it doesn't get better I'll go to the doctor. It hurting very bad as I type.

Welcome KiKi!!!!! So nice to have you!!!!!! I think you'll love it here! These gals are WONDERFUL!!!!!!! My Son is in the Navy too!!!!!! We'll talk more when my wrist gets better.

Vicki......I was so happy to see your post!!!! You made my day!!! I'm so glad you came back!!! Don't ever, ever leave us again! We'll make you feel better when you're down...You know that!! ;) Missed you!!!!! :grouphug:

Hello to everyone else. I can't post to all right now because I'm hurting. I need to lay down awhile then do laundry. I'll try to post again tonight. Until then.......

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh BTW: Yes Gayle...I love my new car!!!!!! :bike: Ramona....Mine's a black Grand Prix too!!!!! How cool are we??!!! :cool:

gdeann
06-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Shelley, take care of yourself!!! How about putting a wrist brace on? Do you think it may help??? If it isn't better within a few days, you better have it checked. Try to get some rest over the next few days, with the hours you worked, you deserve it! Did you get to rub elbows with anyone famous this year??

gdeann
06-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Oh my gosh! I'm brain dead! I meant to write SHERRY! Can you tell my mind is off somewhere else today?? LOL!

Sherry
06-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Gayle... :lol: You're too funny!!! I just hung up from Debbie. She suggested a wrist brace too. But the question is...DO I FEEL LIKE GOING TO GET ONE??? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :lol:

Yep....I had Alan Jackson one night & I had Winonna Judd one night! One tipped good.....one didn't! :tape:

gdeann
06-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Do you have an ace bandage Sher? You could wrap it around your wrist. Don't tell me my "Fried chicken boy" isn't a good tipper! I don't know the name of the song, but he sings one about growing up at Grandma's and eating fried chicken. The song always puts me in happy mood, it's a happy little tune. I just was talking to Steve yesterday about Winonna, it seems like we haven't heard much from her, did she lose weight? She was going to start Oprah's diet plan the last I heard.

Deelite
06-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey cheap fast and easy.......speaking from the other side of the scale I think that I would rather be on this side! Sorry you didn't lose what the scale said, it is a disappointment but you are motivated and will lose that four pounds before you know it. I know that scales lye sometimes! At least when I am up I am sure that they are lying to me.

Vicki so glad to hear from you. I think of you often because I use the makeup bag you gave me for christmas almost everyday at the pool. I still love it as much as I did then.

Shelley snakes.....yuck, I will have to go read that post. I am assuming that it is on the exercise thread. I hate those suckers. I have a phobia of them.

Sherry wow you do get to rub shoulders with some famous people. I guess people with money can still be cheap. So is the tipper in the order of the way you listed them? Take care of that wrist. I hope that everything is ok. You don't need to be dealing with another issue. When are you leaving on vacation?

Kiki welcome to our crazy group of ladies. I don't think there are many sane ladies around here.....lol Feel free to post and we will try to be there to support you. We are here for friendship here first and then support. We are all trying to lose weight or maintain our weight. Even when we are not motivated at the time we still check in to see how are friends are doing. I am anxious to get to know you better.

I got to run. Dez needs me to go check something out with her.\

Take care.

Deelite
06-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Oh yeah I was going to say that we went to see Winonna Judd in concert at Sunfest in Minnisoda a couple of summers ago. Great show she put on.

gdeann
06-13-2005, 04:14 PM
If everything works out, I will be attending this with Steve again this year. Here is a list of performers.

Thursday Night Kick-Off Party June 23

4:30 94 Country Karaoke Contest
6:00 The Drew Davis Band
7:30 Sugarland
9:30 Phil Vassar

Friday June 24
12:00 Shevy Smith
1:30 Keni Thomas
3:00 Cross Canadian Ragweed
5:00 Billy Currington
7:15 Montgomery Gentry
9:30 Keith Urban

Saturday June 25
12:00 Heather Shelley
1:00 Shelly Fairchild
3:00 SHeDAISY
5:00 Dierks Bentley
7:15 Sawyer Brown
9:30 Big & Rich
featuring Cowboy Troy

Sunday June 26
12:30 Lane Turner
2:00 George Canyon
4:00 Chely Wright
6:00 Lonestar
8:00 ZZ Top

ShelleyM
06-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Sherry-Please take care of that wrist. You do really need to wrap it. I assume the Fan Fair thing was a football game?

Dee-How is Dez's bottom doing? I hope she is getting better. It has to be so painful.

Gayle-The number on the scale doesn't mean anything. You are doing fantastic and should be very proud of yourself.

I made a chicken in the crockpot today and it was very good. I used a recipe from the WW board. That's what, 3 times now that I made dinner? I'm so proud of myself.

Has anyone heard from Doni? She hasn't been around in quite sometime. I hope she is okay. Doni, if you are reading this please post!

gdeann
06-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Shelley, I did a search today, it has been forever since Doni posted. She is such a sweet person with a kind heart, I hope she checks in soon. Did you do the cola chicken?

I need to share news, I have a nephew just a few years younger then me. Due to divorce and his father (my brother) acting like a butt head, we never had the chance to get to know each other. I have several pictures of me, 4 years old holding him 1 year old. We are talking on the phone (3 hours tonight) and planning to meet soon! Even though we haven't had the chance to know each other, I feel like he is a younger brother to me. Hopefully we can get together soon!!!

ShelleyM
06-14-2005, 06:01 AM
Gayle-That sounds so wonderful! I hope you and your nephew do meet in person very soon. I didn't make the cola chicken. Mike asked me not to use diet coke if I make it, so it defeats the whole reason for doing it. I give up!! Anyway, I won't be home tonight, so I don't need to plan anything. Tomorrow I think that I'll do meatloaf. Any good recipes using a pork/ground beef mix?

mzbhavin
06-14-2005, 07:21 AM
Welcome to KiKi to this fabulous group of friends and can't say enough about them.

Thank you for the warm welcome back to the fold and plan on not running away again. I always knew that you were here but since i was little I was told that your problems are not as big as you think and no one has that much time to listen, so i took the cowards way out and left to figure things out which had nothing to do with you wonderful gals.

I have missed all of you so much and just coming and reading about what goes on in your lives puts a smile to my face b/c you all just do that to a person.

Didn't get online yesterday b/c of migraine and sinus but feeling somewhat better this morning.

Later gals

Vickster" the Lurker"

Sherry
06-14-2005, 11:30 AM

I'm feeling much better this morning. My legs are still sore but I'll live! :lol: My wrist is MUCH better! It's not swollen like it was.

Shelley...Silly me! I took it for granted that everyone knew what Fan Fair was. It's a country music fan club.They sign autographs and have different functions in the daytime and at night is the concerts. People (fans) come from all over the world to see their favorite country singer perform. It's really neat. I work the suites like I do during the football seasons. I'll have to jump over to the Walking/Exercise thread and post my walking since I wore my "clicker"!!!!!!

Gayle.....That is too cool about your nephew!!! Who contacted each other? I think it would be awesome for ya'll to meet up! Where does he live? Is he married,kids? I hope it works out!!!!! Also...the concerts you may work with Steve sound exciting!! Where will this take place? I would love to pop-in for a concert and see you!!!!

Vicki......We're as happy to have you back as you are to be back!!!!!! :) Are you still running your daycare? I think Wayne & I are going to try to plan a weekend trip this summer to KY Kingdom.We have been wanting to go forever and still haven't made it! Maybe if we do, we could meet up.

Dee...You're right.....Winonna Judd puts on a great concert. She can really entertain her audience but overall I think she's a B****!!!! I have never liked her! But I do like her Mom. No, she hasn't lost weight. I think she's gained.To me, she looked aweful that night!! :lol:

Where is everyone else???????? I sure miss you!!!!! DONI....I miss you too!!!!!!

Jennelle.....If you're lurkin' out there, I wanted to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a great day!

Guess what?????? I haven't weighed in a few weeks and this morning I did.I was down 5 lbs. since last weigh-in!!!! I was 188!! :cp: So I'll continue to walk and make good food choices & small amounts. That seems to be working for me!

Have a great day!! :sunny:

Deelite
06-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Vicki take care of that migraine. I hope that it is all gone by this afternoon. Yes you know that we are always here for you. I am glad that you are back with us.

Gayle the line up of singers is awesome. I just love going to country fests. I hope that it works out for you guys. Did you call your nephew? Or did he call you? That is exciting. It is like finding a long lost friend. If you could talk for three hours you must have a lot in common. I am so happy that you will get together. That is exciting.

Shelley making dinner isn't that hard. It is just the matter of picking out a recipe that everyone will eat and following it. You will do great.

meatloaf

mix up
1/2 pound pork
1/2 pound beef
add
1/2 cup bread crumbs (or torn bread) with enough milk to make the crumbs wet and stick (probably a little less than 1/4 cup)
add
1/4 cup of your favorite bbq sauce or chilli sauce
add your favorite spices (I use garlic, onion, seasonal)

I have to go, sorry or I would post more.

Roll into log and place in pan.
Bake at 350 til no pink juices probably 1 hour or more.

Opps I forgot that I add an egg

gdeann
06-14-2005, 12:08 PM
I use an egg or two in my meatloaf to hold it together. I also use dry oatmeal or crushed up saltine crackers instead of the bread like Dee. For flavor, I sometimes chop up onion and green pepper. My recipes goes something like this:

ground beef or a mixture of ground beef/ground turkey
chopped onion/green pepper
tomato sauce
egg
oatmeal or crushed crackers
Mix together until it makes a goopy mess....instead of one large loaf, I like to use a measuring cup and make small individual portions, it bakes faster and is easier to measure out calories. About 10-15 minutes left of baking time, I lightly add some ketchup to the surface of the meatloaf.

Actually, my nephew and I have had a few contacts throughout the years, but I never wanted to intrude when his father (my brother) was involved. They have basically dropped all contact with each other. He is planning a trip to come up this summer if all works out. He is divorced, two kids, cowboy from Texas.

Sherry, the concert will be the Country Stampede in Manhattan, Kansas. Basically it sits out in the middle of a huge pasture with no shade trees whatsoever! To keep up your strength and to not dehydrate, it is required one must drink all the beer they can! LOL! They have a stage setup with large screens on each side. Year before last I missed the chance to go backstage to meet Keith Urban, we needed to come home early!

My mothers health depends if I get to go or not. She had an appointment today to do x-rays and check for fluid accumilation... we had to cancel because she now has a bladder/kidney infection. She has all the indications, burning while urinating, urgency and now blood in the urine. The doctor called in antibiotics and we will go next Monday to the medical center.

Vickster, what plan are you following? You can't ever leave us again! If you do, I'm coming and hunting you down.

Dee, I wish I could cook like you! I am like my sig. CHEAP, FAST & EASY all the way!! LOL!

Have you girls tried the Jennie-O brand of turkey burgers? They come in a box, so I was leary purchasing something I could not see. I purchased the original instead of the seasoned patties. They cook up just like beef burgers and even turn brown instead of staying the white shade that turkey usually does. They are 160 calories per patty. Last night we grilled a few, they are really good and remind me of a very lean beef patty.

Deelite
06-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Shelley you asked how Desiree's bottom is doing....well she went for the last time yesterday for the dressing change. She has just a little pain now. There is a small lump there and it could be a defense wall that her body put up or if it starts to grow they will have to operate again.

Gayle I came back to edit my post because I had remembered that I forgot the egg. You beat me to it. lol Baking and cooking is enjoyable for me. I love trying new recipes and I read my cookbooks all the time. Larry thinks that I am sick.

Well now I have to tell you that Desiree has decided to move out. We found her an apartment yesterday. It is very close to home. I am comfortable with that. Larry thought that it was a big step for her but I think that when she went to school last year she was three hours away living in a dorm. This is similar but closer to home and really living on her own. She will have to do her own cooking. We are trying to round up some used furniture for her so that she won't have to buy much. We are not financially supporting this move. It is her choice since she has a hard time keeping the few rules we have. We insist that she does a job a day here. It might consist of sweeping the floor or dusting, cutting the grass or cleanning the bathrooms. They aren't jobs that take a lot of time or effort. Or the other option is she can pay $100 rent instead of doing the jobs. She has two consequences to live with right now from the wild birthday party she ended up having here. ( I can't remember if I shared with you.) The consequences are no friends over and no computer. She has been sneaky and broken both of these consequences. We confronted her with this and told her we were disappointed and that she needed to come up with another consequence besides these two. She didn't think that the consquences were fair and it was to big of a punishment. We disagreed. She decided that the best thing for her was to move out. It is going to be tough on her financially but she is working full time and going to get a second job. It is going to cost her a bundle instead of $100 or 28 jobs for the month. The other thing that she said that she was dissapointed in was that our relationship changed when she came home. We were closer when she lived away from home and I didn't have to be a parent then. Now I have to inforce rules which affects our friendship. So we both feel at peace about this decision because we can be better friends this way. I love her to death but I can't live with her.

Now that I have ranted and raved it is time to get some laundry done.

ShelleyM
06-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Dee-You recipe sounds yummy. I think I'll try it without Mike knowing that I changed his. I think he just uses the bread crumbs and onion soup mix. I think you are doing what is best for your relationship with Dez. It's a shame that she has to test your limits. She'll find out just how hard it is to make ends meet and how easy she really had it at home.

Vicki-I hope your headache is better. Do you get them often? You still haven't mentioned how your mom is. Please let us know. BTW, are you still red hattin' it??

Sherry-Shows you how much I know about country music. I never heard of that before, that's why I thought you were working a football game. I didn't think it was football season yet.

Gayle-Is the music festival you are going to the one that you have the Blue Bunny booth at?

Debbie-When are you coming to Fl.? We haven't heard from you in a few days. Hope you are okay.

Sherry
06-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Dee,
I agree with Shelley.I hate that it came down to Dez not wanting to do her part and test yours/hers limits. She's got a lot to learn out on her own. She'll have bills,responabilities,etc. A whole lot more then just dusting,taking out trash, mowing etc.She'll have it ALL now. But that's how they LEARN! I think it's a wonderful decision and I hope it all works out. You two were close last time she moved out so I'm praying it will be just like it this time too.

I was very lucky with my boys. They are both neat freaks!! I never had to make them clean their rooms or anything else. You would die if you saw Drew's room! In his closet (a huge walk-in), he has all his winter clothes hung up on one side & his summer clothes on the other side. Plus, all his shirts are hung together, pants etc. It's unreal! His friends can't believe how clean & neat he is. Chris was always like this too but Chris always kept his socks & underwear color-coordinated in his drawers!! Sounds unbelievable for guys huh????

Anyway, sounds like ya'll made a good choice and good luck to both you & Dez!!! :grouphug:

Deelite
06-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Sherry wow in my dreams do I wish my kids were neater. I am a neat freak so it is pretty tough living with Dez. She is total opposite of me. After she moved home she knew we meant business that she couldn't leave her stuff all over the place. That is the one thing that she did follow better than before. We are both at peace with her leaving. Once she told me her decision I was happy about it and trying to help her decided how much rent she can afford and looking at apartments. We are close again knowing that this nightmare of living together for now is over. The funny thing about what you said Sherry is so true she will have a whole lot more to do now. How ironic, I never thought about that before.

Shelley I have also used onion soup mix before as my seasonings . Good luck with the meat loaf. Gayle was saying that she makes them into mini loafs, I use muffin tins sometimes when I am in a hurry. Let me know what your family thinks.

ShelleyM
06-15-2005, 05:52 AM
Sherry-It's no wonder that Drew takes after his perfect mother!!

Dee-Mike won't let me put the BBQ sauce into the mix. I'll put some ketchup in instead.

Gayle-Do you use much BM Warmth? If so, I have so much since I am in the club, I'd like to give you some. I think I've got 3 or 4 tubs of it.

mzbhavin
06-15-2005, 07:24 AM
Hey gals ...Just checking in

The headache is almost gone and i don't get them that often but when i do ..Whew!!!
Shelley I was done in Tampa the 2nd week of May to visit my parents and sister and the weather was beautiful and MOM is doing ok for her state of mind. She has dementia and she is slipping everyday with being confused of what is real and not. It has been hard on my Dad & sister b/c they are there everyday.
My youngest sister is having a pool built & boy is it going to be lavish like her house. They live in New Tampa-Tampa Palms if that gives you an idea where they live.

Eddie & Cara are doing well ..Eddie just had some bottom teeth taken out and needs a partial ..oh boy!!!! The man can drive me crazy at times but I love him.

Cara & her boyfriend are still together and wanting to move in together at the summer ends. Cara is very goal oriented and very grounded that if she does do this I know that she will be ok. I like this boyfriend he is nice and well mannered but just not as mature as my Cara and that bothers me but I trust her judgement and just will be there if she needs me.

I like i said have been extremely depressed over everything that has gone on with the family that it finally took its toal on me and now i can say i am better and have a better outlook

Someone asked what plan i am on and I am on my plan of eat everything in site and really have not seen anything but being FAT and that is disgusting...I hate to look at myself in the mirror b/c the woman looking back sure ain't me. (really is tho)

Well better get off the kids will be arriving and YES to who asked do i still watch children.....That hasn't changed....

Love ya

gdeann
06-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Vickster: I find it helps to visilize my plate 1/2 full of veggies, 1/4 carbs and 1/4 protein. Such as, make a HUGE stirfry of veggies and only add a few ounces of meat (protein) and only allow yourself 1 serving of noodles or rice. It really helps me to fill up on veggies or fruit. Although, I am still up on my weight since my scale battery fiasco! LOL!

Shelley, I use warmth, but just a tiny bit of it after I have all my other stuff on. What club are you in? Yes, the concert will be for BB, this is the only way we can afford to go.

Dee, Dez will gain knowledge from the move. Almost every young adult thinks the grass is greener on the other side until reality sets in! I remember being sooooo hungry with no food in the house... I rummaged around and found a few saltine crackers, for my meal that day, I had crackers with cocktail sauce on top. Now how gross is that?? LOL!

Sher, how's the wrist? Have you ever met Trace Atkins at the fanfairs? I LOVE him! He seems like such a nice person. Can Drew come spend the summer with me to help get me organized once again?? LOL! Liz is a slob deluxe, Allison leaves a trail around her...must be a girl thing. I do the housecleaning because they piss me off when they help. They seem to only half-a** do it. Liz also refuses to put towels away for me... I have a certain way of folding and placing in the closet. I guess I'm Anal. LOL!

Well, getting ready to go mow, fun, fun.....

ShelleyM
06-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Vicki-I've never heard of New Tampa. I'll have to ask my brother where it is. I'm going to Tampa on July 7th with my DD Becky to checkout University of Tampa and University of South Fl. We're just going up for the day. My friend's mom has dementia. I know how hard it is to cope with. I'm so sorry that you have all this pain going on with your family. The harsh reality is that as we get older, our families to too. It's so hard to watch happen.

Gayle-I am in the BE club. They ship it to me every other month. Actually, I have decided to do it every 3 months, since the stuff lasts so long. I just wish they didn't ship the warmth. I hardly use it at all.

mzbhavin
06-16-2005, 07:00 AM
Shelley...I had never heard of New Tampa either when my sister said she was moving there but she said it's more TampaPalms than the other. University of South Florida is right across the street from where my parents live they live in John Knox Village. My mom has always been my best friend and it is extremely hard getting use to not talking to her on a daily basis about what's going on with each other. My dad has been wonderful to her and treats her like a king. He lives in an apt in the village and walks across the parking lot where she is to spend the day with her.

Well i went to the doc's today b/c of headaches and everything A-OK just from stress and lack of sleep ( who would of thunk it) and surprisingly lost 4lbs. Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Well better get and run...Have a Happy Day

Deelite
06-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Vicki congrats on the weight loss. I guess it is time for a holiday, you can relax and get some sleep....lol

Shelley how was your meat loaf with ketchup? I sometimes do that in a pinch too. We finally have some sun. It has been sunny the last two days. Hot too. Now I know what you must feel like Shelley. Tampa is the only forcast that I see on our weather channel that I see, so I can keep my eye on you. It has other american cities but none of you live there.

Gayle I love moving out on my own when I was 16. It was the best time of my life. That may be why I don't understand Jay wanting to stay here yet. Life begins when you move away from home. We didn't have much but it was fun. Want to know something gross. We had mice in the suite that we rented in the house we lived in. Well I bought a big bag of flour and the mouse pooped in it, I just picked it out of my pie dough and used it because I couldn't afford to through it out. Another story is we didn't have a pot for kraft dinner so I used our big kettle, it was full of scale so that was our extra crunch with our dinner. Yuck. Hard to believe that I loved these times. We have so much more now but it meant so much more then.

Well better go get dinner ready. Larry won tickets to the football game tonight.

ShelleyM
06-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Dee-Now how did Larry win the tickets? You 2 are always winning things. I wish I had 1/3 of your luck!

Vicki-Yay on the weight loss! I'll have to check out New Tampa when I'm there on July 7.

gdeann
06-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Great job on the weight loss Vickster!!!!!

Shelley, I never win anything either! I even fold my registration forms in quirkey ways etc..... doesn't seem to work like they say!! LOL!

Dee, I keep forgetting you married so young. How many years have you guys been married now??

What are you guys doing for Fathers day??? We will be celebrating a birthday and fathers day later in the evening at my mothers house. She will turn 79 on Tuesday. Allison is giving her father a "butt cushion" for when he rides his bike plus a baseball cap. Liz is doing a computer game and adding to his shooters collection. I picked out a nice bottle of Cab Sav to enjoy when we are alone some time.

gdeann
06-17-2005, 09:25 AM
For those of you that wear shorts, what brand of jean shorts do you buy?

ShelleyM
06-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Gayle-I haven't bought shorts in years. I just keep wearing the same ones that I've had. I wear more capri jeans than anything. I've seen some nice jeans shorts at Sam's, believe it or not.

What brand iron do you ladies use? I need a new one. My teflon coating on my Black and Decker keeps coming off.

Deelite
06-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Shelley Larry won the football tickets at work. He also won the tickets to the last ball game we went to a couple of weeks ago. We are pretty lucky. Last night after the ball game the Harliquin band played us a concert. I don't know if you remember this band backin the late seventies and early eighties. They are from winnipeg and making a new cd. We had a good time. Shelley I can't believe with that figure and hot weather that you aren't in shorts most of the time.

Gayle we will be celebrating the big one this year. Yup, 25 years. It seems like a long time but it did go fast. I love Larry more now than I did before. At least most days, lol. ;-) What made you ask, by the way? I wear jean shorts but nothing specific. Just what ever fits good. Steve sounds like he will have a nice Father's Day. We will be making crepe suzette for breakfast and going out for dinner with my mom and dad and family. In the afternoon we will be going to a ball game. I bought larry a new dvd player, shirt and tickets to the ball game. Dez bought 3 more tickets to another ball game. Jay bought him some sort of tools ( I forgot what it is). I am glad that you are able to celebrate your mom's birthday. Give her an extra big hug. I know when my mom had a birthday after she was on life support it sure meant a lot to me. I was so happy to be able to celebrate another birthday with her.

Well Larry will be home for lunch soon. That seems like that is always what I do is make dinner and eat. Good thing that I am not gaining weight. Swimming is really helping me get in shape. Sure burns a lot of calories. Over 500 calories an hour. Yummy all the more that I can eat. lol Better run right after lunch I have a doctors appointment.

gdeann
06-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Shelley, I can't help you out on the iron. I'm a wash & wear kinda gal and if anything needs pressed, the cleaners or Steve does it!!! Our iron here at home is just one we picked up at Walmart.

Dee, I knew you guys had been married several years, just couldn't remember how many. Larry will be thrilled with his Fathers Day gifts.

I am having the hardest time finding some decent jean shorts. I want about a 6" inseam all I can find, are way longer like walking shorts or way short which shows more flab then I want people to see. Also I like front pockets, no slanted side pockets for this wide hipped gal! LOL! I really wanted some before we go out of town next week, most people wear shorts all weekend.

Deelite
06-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Gayle I know that you are vertically challenged like me, I shop in the petites for shorts because other wise they are too long. Good luck. You are lucky like me, if I want something ironed Larry does it.

gdeann
06-17-2005, 03:45 PM
YEP! If I play "stupid" you'd be suprised what I can get done around here!!!! LOL!

4myloves
06-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Hey all.

If anyone is interested, there's a thread called "10 Random Facts" over in the General Chatter forum. I posted there.

I think I have issues :) (Not terribly bad ones, though!)

Cheryl

mzbhavin
06-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Shorts and irons !!!! What the heck are those????

I don't wear shorts very often and iron and what kind ...well i don't iron so i wouldn't know what that is or even what brand to buy....

Well today was the last day for one of my kids at daycare and i will be getting a new little one in 2wks. I am going to miss my little guy he has been a cutie.

Hubby and I went and did the living will,power of attorney and will today and been putting that off for a long time. Cara is off with her boyfriend this wk/end and taking her Dad out for Fathers Day

Well hungry and going to jump off here...

Take care and enjoy the wk/end.

Sherry
06-17-2005, 07:43 PM

Wonder where I've been???? I worked yesterday,today & tomorrow at the racetrack! I'm soooooo tired!!!! Tomorrow Lone Star will be playing. Ever since school has been out, I have worked! I need to REST!!!

Gayle...I buy my Levi shorts in the mens dept. They seem to fit better on me. Try them and see how they fit!

Dee...You are one lucky person!! I never win anything!

Shelley....I iron EVERYTHING!!! Wayne tells me all the time that he can't believe I don't iron the sheets! :lol: Both my boys have always had the nice crease down the front of their jeans. I have always ironed their jeans & shirts. I know.....I'm weird!!!!! :lol: I have a steam Rival iron that I love!!!!

Vicki....I know you're going to miss the little one. Did his Mom quit her job or did you just decide to downsize?

We're going to Mom & Dad's for Father's Day.

Going to wash some clothes,iron,take shower & head to bed.Another busy day tomorrow :(

Hugs to all.....

gdeann
06-17-2005, 08:19 PM
My gosh, Sher, you are a domestic goddess!!! I never, ever want Steve to see this thread... he will know there are actually women who KNOW how to iron and actually DO it! I like the bluff I have on him! LOL! Thanks for the advice on the jeans, I may go try a pair of Steves on... I wondered, but I figured my butt and waist was to big for a mens fit. I think Lonestar will be at the thing I'm going to next week.

Vicki, I chuckled when I read your iron message to Shelley.

Cheryl...hmmm...need to go check out the thread... will get back with ya....

I am so excited! I decided to brave it and also splurge at the same time! I am going the first part of next week to get a magic tan! It is the tanning method of using a spray booth. The girl told be the tan will last 5-7 days or even a bit longer if I moisturize. I asked if she could help a 40 something, plump newbie and she said sure! She assured be it is in total privacy, so decided I will just "suck it up" and not worry about what others may think.

gdeann
06-17-2005, 09:00 PM
NEAT THREAD CHERYL!! I posted too!!!!!!

Sherry
06-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Cheryl & Gayle....Cool thread!!! I posted there too!!!!!

Gayle....My friend does the spray tanning & it looks so natural! She even swims!!! Will you have it done naked?

ShelleyM
06-18-2005, 07:28 AM
Welcome, Maggie!

Cheryl-What a great thread. I didn't think that I'd be able to say 10 things about me, but I did!

Ladies-I hate to iron too, but I have to iron everything before I put it on because they get so wrinkled in my closets because I have so much hanging together. Also, now Mike has to wear the button down cotton shirts, and I never seem to get them out of the dryer before they get wrinkled.

Sherry
06-18-2005, 08:45 AM
STOP!!!!!

Please Go To #39...............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!! :cool: