Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 07:39 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Need Core suggestions for a Mexican potluck

I could probably find something in the recipe forum, but don't know if it's "tried and true"!

Next Thursday the monthly potluck has a Mexican theme. I took a chicken casserole to the last one (chicken, rotel, corn tortillas, cheese) so I don't want to do that again. Any ideas?
Old 06-11-2005, 08:01 PM   #2  

Ooh, ooh, I made the Mexican Rice for a mexican potluck at dh's workplace. It was eaten all gone, and people commented on how yummy it was. I made it with white rice, but I'm sure brown rice would be just as good - just make sure you cook it the correct length of time. It's nice, because it's a side dish, and not too many people bring those (at least at dh's work.)

The Polenta Mexican Casserole was good too. I made it for dinner tonight (the one Sandra posted) and it was good, especially with sour cream on top. Green onions would also be a good garnish.

Or, you could go really easy and bring a can of ff refried beans, plop it on a plate, and call it good.

Let us know what you decide.

Angela
Old 06-11-2005, 09:07 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, I make this all the time. I "created" this myself and posted it on Barbos Diet Kitchen. I think it needs to be hotter though, so I'd add a few chilis. You could garnish with FF sour cream. It makes a big panful!

http://www.barbosdietkitchen.com/archive.pl?read=11402
Old 06-11-2005, 09:10 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

That looks good! I need a large quantity and this looks like it would be enough.

I bookmarked it and also the polenta casserole. I'll let you know what I do -- maybe a combination of both!
Closed Thread