South Beach Diet - TGIF Beach Chat - June 10

View Full Version : TGIF Beach Chat - June 10

Ruthxxx
06-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Another steamy hot day has dawned in Delta. I hate it when the sun is a deep orange in the morning! I'm ready to roll before it gets unbearable. Those last four barrels will be planted this morning or I'll die trying!

What's happening on your stretch of The Beach?

anchor weight
06-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Wow just me and Ruth on the beach!

Morning to all the chicks to come!

Ruth - Another unbearable heat day here too! They are not predicting relief until Tuesday here in Michigan. How can we go from 38 degrees at night two weeks ago to 90 + in the shade during the day and 70 at night? :?:

Yesterday because of the nerves I actually ate less than I have been lately. I'm down a pound but I'm not changing my ticker until next week Wednesday. It makes me feel better cause I feel like I'm doing the right thing. Must have just been the hormones screwing me up this week. Today is DS last day at school it is a half a day and we are going to Lake Michgan in the afternoon. He's excited.

Hey I've been playing emails with the cutie pie that bought my dad's race car. The one that said I had pretty feet. (don't barf Bami) I'm trying to find out how old he is. DF thinks he's in his 30's. I'm betting late 20's and that would put him out of my ball park. No word from the waitress or the shy guy.

Have a great day chicks!

angelshine90
06-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Hey chicks

its HOT here to! and Humid..:( i hate it when you stick to everything!

Well i got my new car! yey!!!

now I will be living at work to pay for it lol

hope all of you have a good day!

ellis
06-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Morning gals. Geez, it's hot. It's already 31C with the humidex. blah.
I think I may live in the basement for the next few days.

I went out for dinner with a friend last night, and ordered mussels. When they came, I thought, "hey! Where are the carbs! All I get is MUSSELS!?!" :lol:

I'm out the door... sorry to be short lately... will try to get back in later... love and hugs to all... :grouphug:

wenchybritches
06-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Mornin' all you crazy chicks! :)
Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Been crazy around here. We are getting ready to go to KC (Kansas City) for a huge outdoor concert. My company is setting up a booth there to get the word out about us being in Missouri. It's going to be awesome. I can't wait! :woo: The rain is supposed to be coming though. But the concert ppl have said the show will go on, rain or shine. :dancer:

Ruth-The delta huh? I am from Savannah, I have an idea of 'sun'. lol
Barrels of what? I musta missed something. (usual for me, lol)

Anchor- Hot there huh???? I feel like I am home here in Stl (St.Louis) Crazy weather in this part of the country. Oh and you can send that cutie my way, I am only 29! :D :D

Angel- You go on with your bad self. Getting a new car. Congrats hon!

Ellis-Mussels??? Just gimme some good ole east coast GA oysters! That is enough for me!!! :lol:

Have a wonderful weekend chickadees!!!!! ;)

wenchybritches
06-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Oh chicks.......in case anyone was wondering, my sister calls me wenchybritches. :lol:

sweet tooth
06-10-2005, 09:51 AM
'Mornin everyone. You all make me so envious about your weather. I am just contemplating planting outdoors because there shouldn't be any more frost this year. :D I would love to see some days into the 30s (C, that is). Oh well, there will be more rain here this weekend. Another inside weekend.

Don't have time to stop long today but wanted to pop in to say hi. Have a great weekend. Take care.

anchor weight
06-10-2005, 09:52 AM
You got it Wenchybritches :lol: this one is a doll. About 6' 4" , muscles great smile super handsome. I just know he is too young for me. :devil:

wenchybritches
06-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Oh my goodness anchor! He sounds to good to be true!!!! But send him anyway. :devil:

beachgal
06-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Ruth, what's that old sailor verse..."orange at morning, sailors take warning"? Something like that. Hope you get a chance to have a cool drink on the deck while watching the girls frolic in their pool!

Oooh, Amy! :flame: You really attract them like flies to honey, don't you? ;) Have fun at the lake with DS and keep your mind off things, okay? :D Congrats on the pound! :cp:

Angel, congrats on the new car! What did you get?

Ellis, you crack me up. Maybe it was a low-carb dish? ;) I always wonder where the veggies are now. Before I would have blanched at the sight of any veggies besides a garnish on my plate. ;) Have fun today!

Have fun at the concert, Wenchy! Sounds like great fun! What does your company do?

Me:
Oy, stayed up way too late last night. Still, was able to get up, enjoy the birds singing (they had quite a chorus going this morning) and get to the gym to workout. :cb: That was so much fun...but it's part of a week of extra hard workouts, so I have a feeling my arms will be killing me soon!

DH is hosting a combo graduation/thanks to our neighbors for snowblowing our driveway BBQ tomorrow. I have some cleaning to do tonight, and lots of cooking to do tomorrow. :D We're cooking out burgers, hotdogs, and brats (I'll have a burger on a WW bun) and I'm making coleslaw, 3 bean salad, and a WW pasta salad to go with. Most of our neighbors have at least one diabetic family member, and one set is on atkins, so it'll be good to have stuff everyone can eat. I'll also make the PB and chocolate cake I made last week, and perhaps some cookies or brownies if I can find a good recipe. :chin: Anyone have one to share that they'd make for company? DH and I will get dinner out tonight, then go check out Sam's and the grocery store for supplies.

Have a bunch of work to do at work (go figure) today. It's hot and humid here too...they say next week it should drop back to 70 from the 90s we're getting now. That'll be nice, but I was so cold for so long that I'm really not bothered by the heat. The extra weight being gone is nice, as is the A/C we have at work. :devil: No A/C at home, so I'll be roasting this summer each day after my practicum! Found out the school gym is open from 4-6:45 during the summer, so I'll come home and do some stuff around the house, then go work out before dinner. That'll be fun. :)

Have a great day, chickies...stay cool and dry! :beach:

Bamiegurl
06-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Ruth... And she's off to the races!:lol: Take it easy and not to much bending of that knee!

Anchor...You lil hot mamma!;) They just can't stay away from you!:lol: Older woman and younger guys is the in thing!:D I'm not sayin a word about the feet!:o

Angel...I love having a new car! You bought your first new one and i just bought my first used one! Although it was like new and had never been titled to anyone other than the dealership. I just love driving a car again. My mini van days are over for sure!:lol: Atleast until the grandkids come along!:lol: Which better be another 10-15 years tleast!:D

Ellis...Slow down...we need you as well!;) teehee We miss you!:lol:

Wenchy...I can't say what my sister calls me!:lol3: Enjoy the concert!

Me...Just hangin with my Mom. One of my sisters just came over to drink some java so I'm gonna jet! Have a great day all!

Bamiegurl
06-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Laurie...Postin at the same time! Enjoy gettin to use all your new outside stuff!

wenchybritches
06-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Wow Laurie. Sounds like your weekend will be as busy as mine! lol Hats off to you, I can't go without AC. I don't handle the heat well. Those brownies sound good!

Awe, c'mon bamie! What does she call ya?? I won't tell, I promise. :devil:

Hey all, there's my picture. Cutie ain't I??? :rofl:

Barb0522
06-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Morning, gals! Even when I try to post early, there are tons of posts! All I can say about the heat is thank goodness for air conditioning. I hate to visit my sister in Florida since she doesn't have any air conditioning in the house. I guess we got used to it when we were kids.

The potluck dinner was good. I stayed away from almost all of the off plan foods. My strawberry pie was a welcome alternative for the others who were trying to watch what they eat.

Bamiegurl
06-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Sassygal...Just read the post about the Boro.(as we like to call it) Have you been here lately? I try to stay out of town. Way toooo much traffic. The town has out grown the roads! I used to love it but now it is a mini Nashville! lol I know where you are talkin about. The HFH build is not to far from the square. I can't say that I would want to move back to that town now. Huntsville is much easier to get around! lol(IMHO)

wenchybritches
06-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Go on with you bad self Barb! :lol: Good for you!
Strawberry pie????? That sounds really good about now!

Tammy70
06-10-2005, 10:30 AM
I am soooo glad it's Friday...

It sounds like we are going to be busy this weekend.

DH has his company picnic tomorrow and we're taking an asian coleslaw recipe I found (I think here). Hopefully it turns out, I'll let you know.
Weather is hot here too, suppose to get to 90, I'm not liking this a bit!!

Still haven't lost anymore weight this week, since I gained 2 back Monday morning....Not giving up hope. I haven't cheated at all in 3 weeks, just gonna ride it out and hopefully it'll come off next week.

Ya'll have a great weekend, take care

soon2Bfab
06-10-2005, 10:30 AM
Wow...morning gals...lots of post in here this morning. Today is my day off, but it hasn't been a great day off. A/C isn't working.....ugh! And it's going to be 90 here today! Then a RED sharpie marker busted all over my hands & of course not all of it is coming off, so I looking like I'm bleeding...that's attractive! I'm going to try some finger nail polish remover after this post!!!
OK, I was going to post to everyone, but I really need to get this red stuff off my hands...you understansd....take care all!! I'll be back later!!
**Remember to drink your water...it's hot you'll need it!!

angelshine90
06-10-2005, 10:33 AM
...the car I got was a brand new Mazda3!....:) i am very happy about it obviously!

wenchybritches
06-10-2005, 10:34 AM
soon, try rubbling alcohol! That happens at work alot with markers and the like. If glass cleaner won't work on something, I try the alcohol. :D

soon2Bfab
06-10-2005, 10:42 AM
The nail polish remover worked & now I'm high. Does anyone know of a "pulled" meat sandwich recipe? My DBF was telling me he wants pulled pork sandwiches tonight for dinner. Any ideas? Worst case I fix it for him & make myself a salad.

gofishin50
06-10-2005, 10:48 AM
:wave:Hey 2all u BEACH BABES!!!!

:D PP'd 3times and another great balancing act,,,:goodscale:down 1 more lb!!!

RUTH,U need to plant something that comes bk every year n those barrells,or:shrug: does ur weather kill everything off? :grouphug: Take care of ur knee and Harry.....

ANCHOR,My dh is 11yrs younger than me:encore:,,,,oh la la,,,U may want 2try some spunky young stuff ;) :s: ;) !!!

ANGEL,congrats on the new car,,,I bought 1 2 and had to come out of retirement :fr:2pay for it!!!

ELLIS,U nd to slow down and smell the roses,or something like that:flow2:...R mussels an afrodesiac(sp) like oysters:chin:,,,I may need 2 try them to help me keep up w/dh:workout:!!!

WENCHYBRITCHES,Hv fun:cb: at ur concert,,,,My dd lives n St Louis,,,4 1/2 months preg and misserable frm ur weather,,,been there many a time and U really hv the worst humidity I hv ever seen:yikes:!!!

SWEETTOOTH,We r lucky to even get frost in the winter here n TEXAS :^: !!!

BEACHGAL,U HAVE GOT TO B KIDDING!!!! No ac in TEXAS is like the death sentence:sp::sp::sp:!!!!!

Hope U all have a BEACHIN DAY ON UR BEACH TOWELS:dance:...Off 2work again this evening:tantrum:......................GOFISHIN :dancer:

Sassygal
06-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Sassygal...Just read the post about the Boro.(as we like to call it) Have you been here lately? I try to stay out of town. Way toooo much traffic. The town has out grown the roads! I used to love it but now it is a mini Nashville! lol I know where you are talkin about. The HFH build is not to far from the square. I can't say that I would want to move back to that town now. Huntsville is much easier to get around! lol(IMHO)

To be honest, I haven't been actually in 'Boro since March of 2001, when my grandmother passed (who also lived there). Most of my family live on outskirts - some of them live in Lebanon and others live in what can still be considered the "country" part of the city/county. With all the construction that is ALWAYS going on around there, I had a feeling that traffic must've gotten pretty bad.

I don't think Nashville will be too bad, if we do decide to live there one day in the future. That's only because my DBF knows the city like the back of his hand. As long as he doesn't grow frustrated with giving me directions all the time, we would probably be in fine shape. lol

:wave: Hello to all you other chicks... I've been WAY busy with work and some projects around the house - sorry I haven't posted that much. Scale is down a pound this morning, but I always wait until the loss stays for a second day, so we'll see tomorrow...

jenne1017
06-10-2005, 11:09 AM
you ladies all crack me up --one day it's 2 pages for the entire day, the next, 2 pages for 3 hours!!!

Can't read all right now. Had meetings this AM - got to spend some extra time with HB as I drove into DC with her :) We even ate breakfast together :)

So, going to get situated. See you at lunch...

Sheba's Mom
06-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Hello everyone. Since I'm a newbei thought you might like to know a little about me. I live in SW Idaho and am a native Idahoen. I have traveld to several places but no one has been able to get me out of Idaho. You all sound so young. I will be 40 in October and not looking forward to it. I've been married for 3 years to my wonderful husband and although we can't have kids we do have dogs. My mother lives with us and is reverting back in years. I thinking she is at about a teenager again. :)

The weather here has been really strange this year. We haven't gotten over 80 yet and everytime it looks like it is going to warm up we get another rain storm. It has been sunny and 60's all week and is suppose to be rainy and thunderstorms this weekend. Yuck.

You all have a good weekend.

Barb0522
06-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Karla - Welcome to the Beach! I'm 42 and there are lots of us here that are your age or older.

Sheba's Mom
06-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Soon, my husband loves pulled pork sandwiches (actually BBQ anything) also. Don't know that you would have the time today but we made one the other day that was fabulous. We cooked a pork roast that was very lean on one day for dinner and then the next day we took what was left over and shredded it and used the SB BBQ sauce receipe and cooked it all day in the crock pot. Man oh Man was it good. He did his on a WW hogie roll and I just eat mine without.

soon2Bfab
06-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Sheba....I found a recipe in phase 2....crockpot pulled pork bbq...takes 6 hours...DBF gets off of work at 7 - so I have the time...hope it turns out!

Ruthxxx
06-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Hi! Still too darn hot around here. I just gave The Dogs SF Mr Freezies! I got the barrels all planted with flowers and watered them in. Please let it rain soon!

I'm taking a shower and going off to visit Harry in the hospital shortly. BBQ veggies are on the menu for dinner again tonight - eggplant and peppers! Yum!

Ypu certainly are a noisy bunch today! :lol:

PHinsUP!
06-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Hello out there
I just got finished with a "grueling" workout..Now I'm tired. I know in a little bit, I'll be very energized. My 4 days off are over, I've gotta head in to work this afternoon. I don't mind it tho...I think it's gonna be a rainy yucky weekendm with the path of that tropical storm heading this way.

Ruth...I know exactly what you mean with the hot and steamy!!!! Our summers down here are usually nuttin but steamy!
Amy...I think it's hotter up in Michigan than it is down here right now!!!
Angel...congrats on the new car...I'm gonna start looking for one in July.
ellis...mussels, ew, I don't even think I could eat oysters!!
wenchy...you're from Savannah? as in GA? I absolutely love Savannah GA
sweettooth....If I could share my warmth...believe me I would gladly send you some! where do you live that it's still so chilly?
Beachgal.....sounds like you're gonna have a really fun weekend!!!!! I don't think I could live without A/C!!! We usually go straight from using heat to the a/c here!
Bamie...Hope you have fun with your sis...I wish my sis lived closer to me!
Barb...way to go staying OP at the potluck!!! I'm with ya on the A/C...I'm just way too used to it!

sorry to all the chicks I over looked on the 2nd page...I'll holler at you all later!!

Well, I gotta go get showered and get ready for work...I'll talk to you all later!!!

ilovemyluckycat
06-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Hello Everyone!!!!

I can't stay long, my computer is upstairs and I don't have A/C. It's about 90 or so in this room. Thank god there is some breeze!

Hi Carla! I'm 35, divorced, and without kids. We are all different around here, and that's cool.

I was thinking about the pulled pork and cooking it in this ungodly heat! Thankfully FAB you are using the crockpot...good call!

Had to take my car for a diag and then a flush and fill for the radiator because yesterday it attempted to over heat. She seems okay, just getting older. She is 11 with 200,000 miles (Honda Civic). I'm serching for a used car soon. Can't be soon enough I fear this car will nickel and dime me! :crazy:

Stay Cool on the BEach!

Sandi

changa
06-10-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm somewhat of a newbie here since I haven't posted much. It's hot and cloudy here in central Texas. I was planning on going for a walk out in the neighborhood, but the rain is sporadic. I'm promising myself to go to the gym tomorrow morning right as I wake up.

I spent some time looking through the phase 1 recipes here yesterday since I have been on p1 since Monday. My DH and I went to a friend's house to watch the Spurs/Pistons game (Go Spurs Go!) and I knew I needed to take some snacks with me. I ended up making the roasted chickpeas...mmm mmm good. I had about a handful along with 8 oz. of Diet Coke. The bad news is that I also had a glass of red wine and a chocolate chocolate chip cookie. :( Back to the drawing board...

This morning I tried the mock french toast recipe. It was good but I don't have any sf syrup, and boy was I needing it. I was tempted to add some real syrup but instead used a packet of Splenda. Not the same but it got me through.

I'm going to a Mexican restaurant with DH and some of his coworkers for happy hour and dinner tonight. As much as I'd love a margarita, just water for me. I'm not sure what to order to eat, though. I know rice and beans are out of the question. Any suggestions?

Barb0522
06-10-2005, 02:15 PM
changa - Some Mexican restaurants are easy to deal with and some aren't. I'm in North Texas and when I eat at Cozymel's I usually get the low carb fajitas. It comes with black beans and grilled veggies instead of refried beans and rice. It comes with lettuce leaves instead of tortillas. I stay far away from the chips. Sometimes a simple pechuga de pollo works depending on what side items. Or a salad can work. Stay away from corn. Watch the cheese and sour cream since they are probably full fat. Grilled fish or shrimp can also be really good.

You need to be really careful on phase 1. I would suggest you restart phase 1 since you went off plan. It is very important to follow the allowed food list carefully in phase 1 since you are trying to detox.

soon2Bfab
06-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Changa -Welcome...even if you are a Spurs fan =)

jenne1017
06-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Changa -- I always order steak or chicken fajitas -- depending on whether or not it's black angus steak or the cheap stuff.

I ask for black beans and no rice or tortillas. They usually come on a bed of veggies (peppers and onions at least). I ask for extra veggies :) YUM!

beachgal
06-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Wenchy...I can't say what my sister calls me!:lol3:

Bamie! :lol3: I always quote this thing I read on a pillow once to my sister: "God made us sisters, Prozac made us friends." :lol:

beachgal
06-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Welcome, Changa! :) All the Mexican suggestions here are good. I agree, restart P1 since you cheated...doing it with no cheats will do the most for you, now and later. :yes: Try having a diet coke with a slice of lime while others have their margaritas. Not as good, but very satisfying! :hat:

Ruth, have you ever given the dogs the ice cream that's made for dogs? They come in little cups (like the sundaes you got in school that came with a wooden paddle to eat with) and in delicious (to dogs!) flavors like liver. :lol: We get two brands in our store: Frosty Paws and Dogsters. We got both last year and Lady loves them. They're an occasional treat, like once a week, and I always fill the dish to the brim with water around the ice cream so she gets hydrated too. ;)

Bamiegurl
06-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Afternoon all! We are finally fixin to go to lunch! lol We are not goin to Nashville mom does not feel up to that after all she says. No prob since it's gettin late on a Fri.! My oldest sis and I are a whole lot alike! Mom says we are twins 10 years apart! We were jokin on each other last night and she said I can barely take y'all seperate let alone together! She was kidding...I think! lol Let's just say we can get pretty ronchy...but not too ugly! lol

Well I have got to go eat I'm starvin! Mom is on the phone with one of my other sisters...bla bla bla...hang up let's go! lol She is in Michigan visiting her 2 boys. She is the one that has a few mental issues. Oh she is sayin her luv u bye's! lol Have a great evenin all!

anchor weight
06-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Go Fishin! Way to go sister! :flame: Gonna have to keep that in mind.

Ok chicks drumroll..........................He's 33! Sorry I have to keep him he is in the age range. :lol: But now the badside - he has a girlfriend. :mad: Oh well - at least he didn't ask me to take a picture of my feet and send it to him. :barf: :lol: I can see Bami now. :lol: He says they aren't getting along :rolleyes: right now. Can't imagine why? :?: :lol: He's out looking at other girls - oh I mean feet! :lol:

I'LL NEVER MEET ANYONE WHO ISN'T A FREAK!!!!!! :lol:

Good diet day though. I had lunch at Olive Garden - I had broiled salmon and steamed broccoli and salad - no breadsticks - no drinks. Saw Madagascar with DS - just a pop - not even a pistachio!

beachgal
06-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Amy, you OP girl! :bravo: I bet cute boy's girlfriend feels like Bamie does about feet, and that's why he's looking elsewhere. ;)

changa
06-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'm planning on getting beef or chicken fajitas and black beans. If they don't have black beans, I'll take borracho beans instead. I think I should be okay with that.

I'm a little confused. I was planning on staying on p1 for the rest of this week and the next. Some of you have said to "restart" p1. Does this mean to do it again for two weeks, or am I okay with just starting it from today until the 20th?

I've done p1 before in January but got bogged down in p2. I'm hoping that doesn't happen again this time!

Bamiegurl
06-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Amy..Maybe he just wants to suck on your toes! :lol3:

ilovemyluckycat
06-10-2005, 07:37 PM
good lord it's getting hot in here with all this talk of sucking toes and men!!!! Us old ladies have to work it! 33!!! PERFECT! You go girl! ;)

So cheated off the path....thinking of phase I again...need structure! :nono: :nono: :nono:

Sandi

Eleni
06-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Hello all,It has been a rainy dreary day and will be more of the same tomorrow as tropical storm Arlene passes by. I was getting in a good groove of exercising in pool but water is too cool now.Should be back in it by Sunday I hope.
Am trying to keep a food chart this week.Especially trying to keep track of night eating. We stopped at grocery store to pick up a couple things and spent $60.
And we will have to go back Sunday for more. We both wanted some chips so bad.Have not had a chip in 3 months.Have not been craving anything until the last few days and both of us have been wanting chips. I bought fruit instead. Fruit is main carb I have brought back in diet. I usually have 1 apple and 1 orange everyday. But I bought some black grapes,watermelon and cantolope tonight. Made myself a fruit cup instead of chips. Unfortunately I still want chips :lol:
Have a good weekend ;) :wave:

anchor weight
06-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Amy..Maybe he just wants to suck on your toes! :lol3:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: I almost spit my green tea across the room. :lol: :lol: It's Friday night - I think we can be a little naughty :devil:

Besides - truth be told - I spent my Friday night watching Fairly Odd Parents - Schools Out 1 hour movie special with a 7 year old. :lol: Now that is living!

anchor weight
06-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Eleni - I LOVE chips. I miss them soooo much! :love: Sometimes when I open a bag for DS I take a great big wiff of the chip bag. I also buy him chips I don't like so I won't be tempted. I could never have a yellow bag of Lays - cause I would be eating them.

Bamiegurl
06-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Well Amy I would have rather been doin that instead of what I did. I went to Wally World with my sister and her 2 grandkids and my DS. logan the 4 yr old is wild as a buck and DS don't help none. I took Macie the 5 month old and did my own shopping! I could hear Logan all over the place! lol I need to get my naughtyness out somewhere! lol Remember I'm married! It's not always roses and romance or whips and chains! OMG did I say that? lol JK!

Eleni..Chips do not tempt me but that Ben & Jerry's I saw tonight sure did! lol

I'm off to bed I have to be at the build at 7:30 in the morning! I guess I'll find out if the early bird really does get the worm! lol Hopefully we will beat the heat and it will NOT rain on us!