Support Groups - Chit Chat #133

View Full Version : Chit Chat #133

Jane
06-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily happenings. Please feel free to join us :cofdate:

Jane
06-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Hi ladies!

Marti - that is so sad about the train accident! I live outside a town with lots and lots of trains. When I was a kid, and one was stopped, I'd crawl under it and drag my bike with me. My mom about had a heart attack when she heard that, years later. Hope you aren't w/o a computer too long! Don't worry about anything here, though. I'll keep the ruffians at bay, lol.

Angie - men just don't undrstand the concept of laundry, do they, lol. So which movie did you see at the matinee?

Sue - I go to dwlz.com and print out the restaurant lists for the ones we go to. They are updated often, and are a real eyeopener! Thanks about the fudgecicle info. For my chocolate fix, I usually have a 1/2 cup Blue Bunny brand "Brownie Fudge Fantasy" ff frozen yogurt. OMG, it is so good, but so rich that 1/2 cup is all you want.

Susan - you have a couple gray hairs on your head? You won't get any sympathy from me 'til they appear on other parts of your body, lol. Ya little whippersnapper!! :D

Mindee - why were you surprised the maternity clothes fit?

Cristi - funny you should mention centerpieces. I needed one for my coffeetable and wanted something unique. So I bought a candle ring of loose brown branches with berries/buds on them, put it atop a clay pot base, and stuck a fat creamy/yellow candle in the center. It is so pretty if I do say so myself. The flower pot base was about $2, (no pot, just the base). And the berries/buds are done in cream, clay, mauve, and apricot, and of course the leaves are green. If you remember, I have clay pots in my border, so that's what made me think of it, but it would look good with lots of decors. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Hi also to Anita and Katy. :wave:

Had a great lunch with my niece. We went to Quizno's, and I had the Sierra Turkey with Raspberry chiptole sauce. Seven points well spent, lol. She had to get back to work, so I hung out at my sister Katie's house for a couple of hours, and had a good time with her.

Gonna go spend some time surfing, so I'll see you tomorrow. :) Have a good evening!

tlprocks
06-10-2005, 09:35 AM
TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well hubby got done work for the week last night.. so i get 3 days .. yay. I planted my flower garden yesterday.. i just went and bought soil... it was too hot to shovel manure... and Walmart had stuff there for 93 cents a bag or somehting. Sounded better then shoveling to me!!! lol

Marti: That is so terrible... i will never become a train driver... lol i know that is not what they are called.. but the word escaped me. ... I would be traumatized.. Why do people do stuff like that... grrrrrr

Jane: lol i gave up on coffee tables when Nolan started to walk... too many black eyes... maybe when they are older i will get one.

And Everyone else.. I am sorry but i forgot what is in the last posts.... and i am too lazy to go back.. besides if i tried i would probably lose this post... so have a good weekend everyone.... TTFN xxoo

FrouFrou
06-10-2005, 11:13 AM
A good Friday morning ladies...

Katy~WTG on getting the steps in! :bravo: Have fun babysitting!

Terri~that's what we usually do...but we just buy a huge bag at LOWES. Everything we planted we added garden soil to because the dirt here was awful. Everything is growing good. The Rose of Sharon that I thought was dying and couldn't figure out why...well it surprised me and starting growing. Don't know what was up with that. Have a good weekend with hubby and the kids.

Marti~that is so sad, and I bet the engineers do see it all the time. I will never understand people trying to beat the trains. Like you said, I don't think they realize that they can't stop on a dime. Like semi's...I see people pulling in front of them all the time and wonder what the heck they are doing/thinking. People are just in too big of a hurry nowdays and it is crazy, the take too many risks. The schools here used to start after Labor Day and I swear it gets earlier every year. I saw a sign on the school board saying "First Day of School, August 17" I remember when the kids started year round in CA. When I heard they were going to start that I soooo dreaded it. Till I found out how exactly it worked. I was worried the kids would be on different tracks and out at different times. But they weren't and I loved it because they weren't home for three months in the summer with nothing to do. They were off three weeks at a time and it was perfect!

Jane~glad you had a nice lunch yesterday. Your arrangement sounds nice and I saw something like that done on HGTV after I thought about maybe doing candles, looked really nice. I love candles and think I would like the better than a fake flower arrangement, not that I don't like them.

Hi to everyone else, Sue Angie, Mindee, Dee, Pam, Ellen, Susan, Katiecat, Anita and anyone I may have missed. Hope all is well with you ladies.

Well, it's raining again! :rain: It was clear when I went tanning this morning and when I came out the sky was almost black. It is supposed to rain the whole weekend. :( Guess I better get to the bookstore so I have plenty of reading to do! Did a little bit of staining on the fence yesterday and then when V got home he mowed the front while DS edged and then planted a Rose of Sharon in front of the fence. We put one in the front and it is about to bloom, so pretty. Just kind of sat out front, me, DS and V and relaxed. Then ended up in the back yard after dinner in the swing. At least we had one day...he has to work the whole weekend. Anyway...same old, same old...laundry to get done, straighten the house and head to the bookstore, unless the rain gets too bad. On with the day...

Take care ladies and have a good day and weekend!

Marti
06-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Good Morning/Afternoon Ladies--

Jane--My mouth just about hit the floor when I read about "crawling under dragging your bike" Glad you had a good time w/your neice. I don't eat at Quizno's much. I think work brought some stuff in and that was about it. Your centerpiece sounds beautiful. I should really come up w/something like that for my diningroom table. Right now it has this brass looking ring that has four candle holders...my grandma gave it to me for my birthday one year, she had gotten it from the Candle party. Anyway...it's really not decorative. I bought fake daisies to put around it...I still need something for the center of it! Need to get creative.

Terri--The drivers are engineers. The man who is seen running around doing everything else is the conductor. I would be traumatized too. Since James has started working, there have been almost a dozen train-pedestrian accidents. And he's worked w/the RR for a year now. I'm wanting to plant flowers in my hanging baskets this weekend. Rather than buy a basket costing almost $50, I can get creative and buy some cheapies!

Cristi--I think the year round school would be perfect! Sure wish it was that way for me when I was going to school! :) Heck...sure wish my work schedule was like that!! :D Speaking of roses....have you heard of a Rose bush called "Coat of Joseph"? That is what our neighbor lady called the roses we have that change color. I've never heard of it and was just wondering if she was making it up. Beautiful roses....red, then yellow, then pink, and then they end up being hot pink. Never seen such a thing. May have to take it w/me if we ever move!

Hello to everyone else out there!!

Not much going on, James is on his way home from Klamath Falls. He'll be on the computer doctoring it....so I may not be on here the next day or so. (hopefully not that long)

Gotta tend to my doggys so I better get going.

take care!

FrouFrou
06-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Back again for a few minutes...

Hi Marti~oh no, your neighbor is not making it up. The roses are called Josephs Coat and they are pretty! I've only known one person who had them and haven't really seen any sold around here. Maybe I wasn't looking good enough. Check out these two sites and let me know if these are what you are talking about. http://www.rose-roses.com/rosepages/climbers/JosephsCoat.html http:www.veseys.com/store.cfm?product=2584 Wish I had somewhere to plant some because they are gorgeous! Of course I am sure I could find somewhere. ;)

Turned out to be a nice sunny day afterall. And not so hot, just 86 today! :sunny: Hey, it beats 93 with the humidity! Anyway, did ge tto the boostore and only bought two books. The third one to one I am reading and one by Jack Ketchum. Don't think I have ever read anything from him but it sounds interesting and did catch my eye. Can't wait till the end of the month (21st) when Janet Evanovich's new book comes out! I have been waiting for 11.

Anyway, take care ladies and have a good one, see ya later! :wave:

Marti
06-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Cristi--YES!! Those are the ones!! And they ARE very beautiful. They look so pretty as they bloom. And the crazy thing about this rose bush is that it bloomed in the Winter AND in the Spring! So I got to view them twice!
Thanks for the site....now I can tell people at work what I'm talking about.

Well of to work I go, I'm leaving early since James called and told me that the traffic is way backed up because of College Graduation and some high school graduations going on at the Hult Center....which is only a little ways from where I work so I better get going.

Hurray for FRIDAY!!!

Mom2Gaby
06-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Ok,,,,,,,I am going to bed.

Welcome ExGirlfriend!! Look for you at ChitChat :)

Where is Ellen?? Missing her again.

Gabster is spending the night at her half sisters. I need to be up at 4 am and out to the country by 5 am - takes me 1/2 an hour to get out there. Only to drive back into town - what a bother!! Whaaaa, whaaaaaa.

Anyway, need sleep.

Rach had her hair dyed today with money I don't really have only to be a snot and take off with her friends. I told her to never , ever ask again......

Mike is not communicating with anyone. I don't think he has been served yet. I called the sheriff dept this morning and they said he hadn't. They have been trying since Tuesday.

He hasn't gotten back to the custody evaluator or my lawyer. My lawyer emailed me saying he received my share for the evaluation but nothing from Mike. So, the evaluator (along with my lawyer) will write a letter to the judge. My lawyer says this makes me look good.
Ya, ya, ya........I also support her , pay for medical and adore that 3 feet tall princess.......just tell Mike to take a hike and lets be done with it!!! Sheesh,,,,,,

Watch me in the parade!! yay..........

ExGirlfriend
06-11-2005, 12:29 AM
thanks for the welcome!

Jane
06-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Hi ladies!

Terri - yep, buying manure would be a lot easier, lol. Bet the flower garden looks nice.

Cristi - the weather here is unpredictable, too. It's hot, with storms looming. We're in for some bad rain when the effects of the tornado that is in the Gulf get here. Proabably Monday. In the meantime, it's awfully humid!

Marti - yeah, my mom just about flipped out when she heard about it, too, years later. Of course, my grown kids have told me some of the stuff they did and I'm sure glad I didn't know about it at the time! Hope James gets your computer all doctored up, lol, nad that you aren't gone too long.

Susan - I don't think the parade is televised around here. Is it an Oregon thing? Or national?

ExGirlfriend - welcome to the Jaded Ladies! When you are comfortable with it, maybe we could have another name to call you? Are you now an ex or a soon-to-be ex? Either way, I hope you're ok with that!

Had my son & Gina's kids over last night and they had a lot of fun. Went swimming in the little pool we bought, and also picked cherries for the first time.

Then Neal and I took off for town, and on the way, our song (When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge) started playing on the radio, so we pulled over in the KMart parking lot and slow danced to it. If possible, we dance to it, no matter where we are when we hear it, lol.

Got a lot to do. Ciao for now! :wave:

FrouFrou
06-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Hi ladies and good morning!

Man am I tired for some reason. Not sure why, maybe it's the weather. Speaking of the weather...jeez...thought we were going to be blown or swept away with the torrential rain we got last night. It was HORRIBLE! A little freaky too. There was this HUGE cloud, weird looking and so many tornadoes around. None close to us but still, too many. Anywhoooo...

A big WELCOME to you ExGirlfriend! Looking forward to getting to know you! And feel free to share all the pictures of your babies you want! A lot of us are pet lovers!

Marti~wow, they bloomed in the winter?! The carefree ones I have bloom well into fall and that's it. I don't think I have ever seen any roses that bloom in the winter, everything is ugly looking-might have to get some of those after all. Those would be pretty to see in the winter time. I noticed this morning the rose of sharon has 3 or 4 flowers that have bloomed. I had V get one last week when he went to Lowes to get some paint brushes and he picked a good one. This has a lot of buds and as soon as he planted it Thursday, Friday some of the flowers bloomed. Of course I am glad to see it still there with the wind we had last night-thought we were going to lose a lot of stuff.

Susan~maybe Mike will just give in. After all, he is digging his self into a hole. I never thought from the beginning that he was wanting to be a father to Gaby, just wanted to make things hard for you to get back at you. Anyway, I hope he walks away and everything works out for the best. I wish I could see you in the parade, wish I could be there for the parade! I haven't been to a parade in years. Have a fun day!

Kind of quiet around here today ladies, where is everyone? I know I don't normally post on Saturday-well sometimes. Well, HI to everyone wherever you are and whatever you are doing in your corner of the world.

I don't really have much to do. V brought home another can of stain but can't do anything outdoors as it is WET! Was raining earlier and is supposed to all day so not much I can do. Guess I will do some straightening of the house, a load of clothes and read all day. Finished my one book finally, and started another. Borrowed two from DS that I want to read and hopefully will get to those after I read the one I started. Should have rented some movies yesterday, oh well. If I get movies then I won't read and I think I would rather read.

Well, take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend! See ya later :wave:

FrouFrou
06-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi Jane~you snuck in on me. Sometimes I take soooo long to post! :lol: Not because I type slow but I will be in the middle and take a break to go do something, or look at something else online etc. Anyway...so have Terry and Gina set a date for the wedding yet? Do they know what kind of wedding they want? Garden, big, small, church, etc.? Look forward to hearing about that when it happens-love weddings, just don't go to many. Hopefully you guys don't get the weather we had last night. Don't know which way it was headed, but it was nasty! Well, have a good weekend!

suetalks
06-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Just a lazy, warm Sat. here. We have been expecting rain for days now and haven't had any. They say rain through next Wed., but I am not counting on it.
I am puttering around doing odds and ends today. Watering plants, cleaning the tables on the screen porch, etc. Nothing overly ambitious.
Will probably go see Mom this afternoon and run to Wally world. She lives right by a Super one so I save up my errands.
There is a fair in town where we usually go for the grilled burgers, but it is so hot I doubt we will even try it this year.

Be back tonight.

ExGirlfriend
06-12-2005, 07:24 AM
thanks again for the warm welcome!

Jane, you can just call me Ex. And don't worry, it's just a name! It's from a song from one of my favorite bands.

RosieKate
06-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Welcome, Ex! You and I have similar weight loss goals.....I've been bouncing around between 175-180...would like to get down to 140 or so, but will be very happy with 150. When I started posting here, I was 'round 195-200...so all this great support certainly helps!

Jane - thanks for the card...heehee I thought it was real cute "go ahead, eat the bread"

Sue - I don't think I could cut it in the midwest... your weather would do me in. I suppose you are used to it. We have had a typical Oregon week..mid-60s rain off and on. For me, that's pleasant. I've grown exasperated with the mud, though. Our big dirt pile in the backyard was lots of fun 'til it started raining, now it's a big mud pile. The kids are thrilled, but I despair of ever having clean floors in my lifetime.

Cristi - hope your weather dries up enough so you can finish your fence. Your storm sounded kind of scary..hope you aren't getting a tornado or something. Don't know if it's our mild weather or not, but I have had roses blooming in December before. I can never remember their names. Usually I get rose hand-me-downs from my ILS, from when they get a new delivery from Jackson and Perkins.

Susan - I missed the parade...so I didn't get to see you scooping the poop...hope you had fun..I think the rain stopped long enough for the parade, but I can't remember...I took the kids to the library and completely blanked on the parade. Hope you had a good time.

Terri - your flower bed sounds so pretty. I found a place this year that delivers composted dairy manure... so I ordered about 3 or 4 four scoops. That's alot of POOP. Fortunately, it is composted so it doesnt smell. It is the best for our flower beds! I was so excited! I couldn't find anyone in the area that delivered last year, but now I guess there is enough demand from wierdos like me who have nothing better to do than to get excited by cow poop.

Marti - hope you missed the traffic - and that you are having a great weekend.

Well, my week turned out to be busy. Some friends of ours had their baby on Tuesday, so we had a visit or two...bought them my standard new baby gift; a case of diapers and a binky. I figure flowers die, and babies don't wear that much in the way of clothing at that age. On the home front, I booked the plumber to come out and do the rough in, and we are getting bids on the concrete foundation job. Hopefully, we'll finish the digging today.

Started the week at 180 :(, but was able to stick to the Zone for most of the week and yesterday I was back to 177... I had a nasty little flirtation with some yummy popcorn balls last night. We were watching some kids for our friends so they could celebrate their anniversary...and it just seemed like a great rainy-day thing to do. The kids had so much fun making them.. and we all enjoyed eating them. This recipe was from my DH's grandma and calls for putting a package of jello mix in with the marshmallow mixture. Gives it some color and flavor. We made orange...so yummy. So today I am back in the Zone and will be sticking to it.

Have a great day everyone!

tlprocks
06-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Hello everyone. Another hotttt one here. it was almost 40 degrees celsius here yesterday...I htink that is about 104 fahrenheit.. and it is going to be that today... it isnt even 10 oclock yet and it is 26 degrees out there. Wow..

Welcome to Ex.
Oh did i forget to tell you my kitty had her babies a couple of weeks ago. She had 3 of them. Two are tortoise-shell like her and one is orange. sooo cute when they are that little! WE have been trying to hold them and cuddle them so they get used to people... but she has them way in behind the water heater so they are hard to get. i wanted to keep a male, but they all look to be female. Oh well.

Katy: Well i am glad i got it done.. but i guess i should have dug it instead of just putting landscaping cloth and then putting the manure on top. Now i have to water all hte time and i cant put large flowers in because not deep enough... I guess i will just keep adding poop until it is deeper. for this year it is ok.. looks good.

Sue: We had a huge thunderstorm here last night. It rained a lot, so i didnt have to water the flowers..lol yay. It is hard because i dont have an outside faucet, so i have to bring in all the water from the house. Pain in the you know what.

Cristi: We had our first tornado watch ever here on thursday. I couldnt believe it. Way up here in Northern Ontario! crazy! It never happened but it was weird.

Marti: Yes it is way cheaper to make your own baskets.. My mom does that. I like the hanging baskets.

Ok i am not finished but the baby is crying here so i will go for now... have a great day!! TTfn xxoo

Marti
06-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Afternoon Ladies--

James got the computer up and running....much faster than it was before! And I can finally see the smilies moving again!! They have been still for a year now. He had it done yesterday and I did pop in for a minute only for James to say "Wait...theres one more thing I need to install" :lol:

Susan--How did the parade go? How are things going w/Mike? Hope the parade was fun and that Mike disappeared!

Jane--What a sweet and romantic thing for you and Neal to do to your song!! Now that's what I call love!!

Cristi--Yeah, it was the strangest thing...they started blooming a day before Christmas. And then I decided that it was my grandma saying "Merry Christimas" since she just loved that bush and it was the first Christmas w/out her. She sent me a message and hopefully she'll send it again this year!

Ex--Hello and Welcome!! I hope you enjoy this place and that you feel right at home! Looking forward to hearing more about you. Have you filled out a bio yet? If you would like we have a bio thread, (only if you're comfortable w/sharing that kind of info) and we can get to know a little more about you.

Katy--The traffic was going one way. OUT.... :lol: so me coming in was ok. The graduation ceremonies started at 6:00 so the traffic for that was already done with. It's all the road construction traffic that's been a pain in the butt for people.

Terri--I may be doing my baskets today. I really want to add some pretty to my patio and my front porch!! I hope you and the baby stay cool! 104' is awfully hot!! TOO HOT!! :hot:

Ok, I need to get some things done today, was going to go to the coast and visit some friends who are having a BBQ for the old Sony group, but James is home and I would rather spend time w/him. Plus...the weather looks iffy!

I will check in next time!

da fat n da furious
06-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Good Sunday Afternoon Ladies

Welcome EX,

Jane, that is sweet how you and Neil take every opportunity to dance to your song....

Tanner partied till late into the night for his closing night show. It all went awesome,,,so proud of him.

I hate this cast,,,,Im tired of lugging it around,,,its so heavy.
Terri we have tornado watches alot,,,more so every year it seems, we had one a couple of weeks back.
But with all the rain we are having no chance of a tornadoe,,,too cold.
Still haven't got my flowers in,,,geesh
Tanner went and auditioned for the Young Canadians,,,didn't go well...needs to learn to dance. So now he has to wait another year to audition again.

well should try and get afew things done before bed...

suetalks
06-12-2005, 11:30 PM
We had tornado warnings here tonight. Lots of rain and wind, but thankfully nothing came of the warnngs.

Nothing new..and no time for individuals, so I will just say "hi."

Jane
06-13-2005, 12:47 AM
Hi ladies,

Cristi - I do the same thing - get distracted while writing a post and it sometimes takes forever, lol. The kids are getting married July 8 of next year. They started out saying they want a small wedding, but it seems it's grown a lot, lol. I told Gina to just tell me what color dress to buy, lol.

Ex - oic about the name. :) So what's going on in your life?

Katy - you got the card already?? Well, it just goes to show you never can tell about snail mail! I thought it was cute and so appropriate, lol. Do you have any birthday plans yet? Are the popcorn balls out of the house? I had to break down and get a 1 oz bag of Fritos Friday to keep the cravings at bay. I could've eaten triple that, so it's a real good thing I didn't have more!! Thank God for portion control, right?

Marti - yeah, it is romantic! He goofs up sometimes, but stuff like that gets him lots and lots of brownie points. Hope you had fun today!

Angie - how much longer will you have to keep the cast on? Aww, sorry about AC for Tanner, but he'll get something else anyway, with all that talent he has!

Hi to the others!

Tornado watches here today with horrible winds and almost 4 inches of rain. Went to Evansville anyway, to a bridal shower for one of my favorite nieces.

Neal and I sent in our deposit for the Florida trip next Feb. Those vacation homes sure get snapped up fast! The first few we wanted were rented already! Anyway, we'll be staying in a townhouse on Cape San Blas. Can't wait!

Gotta get to bed. I'm bushed. <yawn>

tlprocks
06-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Hello, not much new here....hot again!

Jane: I love bridal showers and baby showers! I find them fun! I like the little games they play.. at my bridal shower they told me to pick one person to help me... they didnt tell me for what.. so i picked my maid of honor.. Then.. they said that we had to bake a chocolate cake from scratch without a recipe.. lol well that was the funniest thing ever.. neither of us had ever made a chocolate cake even WITH a recipe..!!! soooo funny.. all my aunts were laughing at us putting the ingredients in! Great fun.

Sue: Hello to you too. Glad that you didnt get the tornadoes!

Angie: You could pass some of that coolness here lol.. we are roasting!

Marti: How did the BBQ go? i love BBQs... all the fat runs off the meat so less fat too lol. It is way too hot here.. that is what i dont like here.. the weather is soo extreme.. it is -40 in the winter and +40 in the summer.. hard on the body!

Hello to Everyone else.. gonna jet... do some laundry before it starts flowing out the front door lol.. TTFN xxoo

FrouFrou
06-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Morning Ladies~

Nothing new here, same ole, same ole-cleaning house, doing laundry, reading, rain, rain and more rain! We are going to wash away I swear. Actually, it is supposed to clear up today and start drying up. :crossed: I definitely have had my fill of the rain/thunderstorms. Speaking of reading...I finished the book The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd-very good book! I actually started it yesterday and stayed up till almost 1 in the morning to finish it. I definitely recommend it. Going to read The Mermaid Chair by her next. She is asked everywhere she goes if she will write a sequel to The Secret Life of Bees, she's undecided at this point but I do hope she does-it just seemed like it can't stop there. Also, read The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum.

Katy~I forget that you guys have mild weather. It gets cold here and when fall hits everything turns to sticks, well except for the shrubs and evergreen trees I have-they stay green year round-they just don't grow. Thought we may have lost our evergreen trees because of the ice storm but I cut the dead ends off and they bounced back. The roses I have bloom into late fall and then I cut them back. Even though we moved them to the side of the house they are still blooming like crazy! They were looking a little sickly when we first transplanted them.

Jane~does July 8th have a significance to it, or just a date they picked out of the blue?

Marti~did you make it to the BBQ? I do remember you telling us about the roses blooming last December, duh! Didn't know if these were the same ones.

Sue~hope you guys didn't get any of the bad weather we've been having. Friday was the worst! But it did rain the whole weekend here. Not sure which way it was headed but I don't want anymore here! So many places are flooding. I just couldn't imagine our basement getting 4 feet of water and then having to clean it up after.

Terri~the bridal shower sounded like loads of fun! Baking a cake?! I have baked a few cakes from scratch but definitely couldn't do it without a recipe! The few bridal and baby showers I have been to have been boring, boring , boring! No fun games at all.

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Guess I should get going. Need to change the sheets on my bed and vacuum the whole house. Gotta find someone and get them out here to clean the carpets also. Haven't had that done since we moved in and I think it is overdue. Not filthy or anything, just think with having a dog the carpet should be cleaned at least once a year. Have a good day!

RosieKate
06-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Hi gals!

Cristi - LOVED The Secret Life of Bees....I think a sequel is a great idea...hope she does it someday. Right now I am reading The Chosen, by Chaim Potok..then it's onto Candy Freak, by Steve Almond...a book about candy making and marketing in America..supposed to be really funny.

Terri - That chocolate cake party game sounded hilarious! Most of the time those shower games are bleh, but that one sounds like one to try someday. However, I am getting to an age where the bridal showers are about done...any one I know that's getting married is on spouse number 2 or 2+ and showers are kind of unnecessary. But hey - any reason for a party, I say.

The funniest shower game I witnessed was about 15 years ago. The bride arrived and the shower began. Unbeknownst to the bride-to-be, someone was writing down every word she said from the time she arrived. After gifts were opened, the person who was writing piped up and said, "Now here's an old wive's tale. It is said that every word that comes out of the bride-to-be's mouth at her shower is identical to the words that come out of her mouth on her wedding night" Then she repeated everything she had written down...well, you can imagine! Lots of "oohs" and "aah's" and "It's so cute". It was so funny!

Today has been off to a busy start, but anticipate a laid-back afternoon. We took the car in for a LOF, then Leigh and I went to the wool shop in the village, where I plunked down some serious cash on knitting projects. Here's a pic of the book I am using
http://www.bust.com/knithappens/snb_nation.shtml The sweater I am making is the second from the right on the cover, it is called the clover lace wrap..if you browse through the pictures it is a turquoise wrap sweater. Only I am going to make it in a pretty pink (kind of fuschia-pink). I also bought some supplies to knit my DD some socks. I do like some of the cute little cell phone covers in the book...hmmm. I figure I will get through this remodel by knitting and exercising. If I'm not careful, I will eat my way through it :yikes: That's what was happening over the weekend...just can't let that happen again.

Hi to everyone else! Hope your week is off to a good start!

Marti
06-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Hello ladies--
James is off to K-Falls again so he'll be gone for a couple of days. I have this week and then next week I took three days off for work to spend Jhanai's weekend w/her! Not exactly sure what we have planned but it'll be nice having more than just the weekend w/her. I plan on having more time w/her this summer. This week is the last week of school for her.

Angie--What are the Young Canadians? Must clue me in since I'm picturing a dance group! :) I hope your foot starts getting better soon, doesn't sound like much fun lugging around a cast. I have never broken anything so I would have no idea what it's like. Get better soon!!

Sue--Sure hope the Tornado didn't hit in your area. Keep us posted when it's safe to get on the computer.

Jane--Before you know it, February will be here and you'll be lounging in the sun!! James & I have been talking about our next trip to San Fran. We want to get a hotel room down by the bay. It will be closer to EVERYTHING that we want to go to. And we'll feel safer staying out later and not having to take the bus to our room. I'm SO looking forward to going back!! I should start now w/my endurance exercises!! :lol: Those hilly roads were murder!

Terri--Didn't make it to the BBQ. James being on call made it too risky. I did get in touch w/the guy to say I was sorry I couldn't make it. He said that only a handful showed up. This time of year it's still too cold to BBQ at the coast...late August and September are better months.

Cristi--I need to get my floors completely swept and mopped here soon. We have the wood floors in all rooms but the bedrooms and boy....two little chihuahuas sure make a lot of hair!! I may have to check out those books. Any book that a person can't put down until it's finished HAS GOT to be a great book!! Right now a guy at work loaned me a book that I can't even remember the name of (it's at work) it's a little gruesome, but pretty good so far.

Katy--I was meaning to tell you that you're doing a fantastic job on the weight loss! I've been stuck where I'm at for months now....but I know a lot of it has to do w/the fact that I'm really not doing anything about trying to lose it!! (I know---shame on me!) But since the weather has been getting semi-better, I've dragged my bike out closer to an easy access area and I'm hoping to get some riding in. That should tone SOMETHING up in me! :D

Not much going on w/me at the moment. I have to get my madusa hair in control! I took a shower last night and went to be before it dried....so it's looking a bit out of control! Other than that, just going to relax while doing some laundry before work.

You all take care!

ExGirlfriend
06-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Hi girls!

Jane- nothing much is going on in my life right now. I'm still waiting to start a new job at the airport. They hired me two months ago, and I've only worked a total of 6 days, and that was a month ago! I keep trying to call to see when they want me in to start training, but I NEVER hear back from them! I'm getting so frustrated!

It looks like I'm pushing the date of starting my diet back, since my bf doesn't like the sound of the South Beach Diet, even though he picked it out! So I've started eating more fruit instead of candy. I'm hoping it might make a little difference. I'm also going to start going walking more.

My cats are all miserable, since it's pretty hot outside and we have no A/C. They're all sprawled out under the couch and in the bathtub. My poor babies!

Jane
06-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Hi ladies,

Terri - I liked the fact that the gifts people won at the shower were ones they could keep, not something you felt obligated to give back to the bride, lol.

Cristi - they started dating on July 5th several years ago, and the 8th was the closest Sat. to that date. My carpets need cleaned, too, but it just never seems the right time to have it done!

Katy - I've been at showers before where they've played the quote game. Hilarious!!

Marti - isn't it nice that once you know an area, you can pick a better location for future trips? I've got Mary's and my room in Chicago reserved already for October, and this time I got one still real close to the Magnigicent Mile, and also very close to the Loop. Btw, not sure I mentioned it, but the beach in Florida is a private one, and dogs are highly welcome, so we'll be able to take Molly with us. Katie says it's pretty bad that we're taking the dog, but not her, lol.

EG - hmmm... think maybe you should start looking for a different job? If they aren't taking your calls, that could be a red flag. If you like SB diet, why can't you do that even if DBF doesn't? Yay for eating more fruit and less candy!

Ellen - you're welcome for the Grandma's Brag Book - so glad you like it! I carry mine with me everywhere and imagine people who see me before I see them probably dash down different aisles or cross the street, lol. But other grandmas are always willing to look at your grandkids' pictures, 'cause she wants you to look at hers, too. :D You can start the book out with a copy of the ultrasound if you do get a copy of it. Btw, they have other accessories that match it at the Hallmark House. Hope you get access to the computer more and join us soon again!!

Went swimming in town with Mary and the girls today. This was their first time ever to go, and we all had a blast! We plan on doing this a lot this summer, since all we have around here is a tiny pool.

Marquita is treating me to lunch tomorrow since I cooked her lunch not long ago. We're going to Wendy's and I'll get the fruit plate and a chicken sandwich, probably. It will be good to spend time with her.

I only wish you ladies lived closer so that we could do lunch or have a barbecue!!

Ciao!

tommysgirl18
06-13-2005, 09:56 PM
just a quick post......

Tommy got a job, and he will be starting on Wednesday night of this week. and we went and talked to the lady about the apartment today, and she said hopefully a month from now when a two bedroom opens up.

gotta run.....

tlprocks
06-14-2005, 09:03 AM
Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cristi: Wow we always play games at the showers around here.. that is the best part... (and the food) lol
Katy: THat is a really neat idea.. i will have to try it sometime... although i think i am almost done with bridal showers. Well i have a few little cousins that will be getting married eventually. OUr cake looked like a piece of hard black mud.. and it tasted about the same.

Marti: OUr warm months are usually June and July here. August and September can be warm but it really cools off at night.

Jane: Lol we never give our gifts to the bride... When it was my shower i didnt even keep the gifts i won at the games!

Well i could not get to sleep last night! Last time i checked it was 3 am. I tossed and turned all night. I hate those nights.. now i am tired and very grumpy. My house is a wreck and i am too tired to clean, Wah Wah. I mean it is seriously gross. Grrrrrrrr. WEll maybe i will go lay down and try to catch a wink... TTFN xxoo

FrouFrou
06-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Mindee~glda to hear Tommy got a job! :bravo: Keeping my fingers crossed you guys get a 2 bedroom apt. soon. :crossed:

Marti~I did the same last night! :lol: The book is either really good or I HAVE to see what happens and can't put it down till it is done! Last night was one I HAD to see what happened. It was sad tho because the girl died. Guess we can't always have that happy ending can we? Well, whatever you plan with Jhanai, I know you girls will have a GREAT time.

Terri~yeah, hate to say it but I haven't been to a shower where they played any games. The last baby shower I attened, the only game, if you would call it a game, was guessing how many M & M's were in a jar. And, you got to keep the M & M's if you were the winner, oh boy. Just what I need, a jar of M & M's. :lol: Of course I didn't win! I should have gone with the kids, they had more fun. :lol:

ExGirlfriend~that is weird that they won't return you calls. I too think I would start looking for another job. You would think they would at least let you know one way or another. I had bought the SouthBeach book and thought maybe I would try it, but found it wasn't for me. Of course I am not sure there is anything for me! :lol: You'll find what is right for ya.

Katy~oh how I wish I had learned to knit. I guess it is never too late, just have too many other things going on to concentrate on something like that. Love the sweater, and Leigh will look so cute in the socks!

Jane~I almost did that...except thought about going with December 13 when V proposed. Decided against it tho with the holidays and all. So going thru all the months and marking them off one by one (just left all the fall months) because of birthdays, deaths, etc. I just threw out my BD and we stuck with that. Of course then everyone thought we chose it because it was V's grandparents anniversary (didn't have a clue about it when I chose that day) which I thought was kind of nice. His cousin even tried to plan her wedding the same day years before but the closest Saturday was the 8th. Well, who says you have to get married on a Saturday? :dunno: I was hoping for a Saturday but when I chose the date, did so before checking the calendar and all I heard was "You know that is a Wednesday don't you?" :lol:

Anyway...

Susan~what's going on with you girly? How was the parade? How are the girls doing? And especially, what is up with the Mike saga? Has he thrown in the towel yet?

Pam & Dee~did you ladies get lost at Magic Mountain? Are we going to have to come find you? Hope you had a nice time.

Angie~how are you doing? Has Brandon has his surgery yet? For some reason I thought that was last week. Hope he is fine.

Karey, Anita, Katiecat, Sue, hope all is well with you ladies.

Well, I have an exciting day ladies, I am going to spend some time staining! Yippee!!! NOT! I actually don't mind doing it as it keeps me busy and off the computer. Plus, I would like for it to be done and over with. It's not supposed to be too hot today, just about 87 and there is a breeze so it should be nice. I thought I was going to die last night...DS and I made a deal that from now on he would mow the front yard and edge/weed eat both the front and back and I would mow the back. JEEZ! Thought it would be easier the second time around, or is it the third? :shrug: IT got too tall but couldn't do anything because of the rain. Didn't think it looked that big either. :lol: Anyway...guess I best get going. I think I actually look forward to the staining-I get to spend time outdoors which I love!

Take care ladies and have a very good day! :)

RosieKate
06-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Good morning!

Mindee - good to see you posting! How are you feeling these days? Congrats on Tommy's job...what's he going to be doing? Keeping my fingers crossed for good news on your apartment.

Terri-hehe - would have loved to see that cake! I'm like you in that sleep deprivation just shuts me down. I can do anything if I have had my sleep. With young kids who are light sleepers, I go thru phases of sleepless stretches. I have noticed a definite relationship between lack of sleep and eating junk food. I just don't seem to care what I put in my body if my tank is running on empty.

Cristi - that sweater will be cute, and it will keep me busy for awhile. Knitting is a great way to keep my hands busy while I am holed up on these rainy days or stuck at home with sick children....or just watching tv at night. I really like those Stitchn***** books. The author is the editor of a magazine called Bust, which is subtitled "For women who have something to get off their chests" I am enjoying the website and may try to find a copy of the mag to take a closer look. It's never too late to learn you know - I just picked up a book after twenty years of not doing it and re-taught myself. Knitting has become a fashionable thing to do now, so there are lots of knitting groups around....

Jane - maybe we could have a cyber-BBQ...I bet Ellen can come up with some cute graphics...if she can get to her computer.
We miss you Ellen!

Marti - great that you can spend more time with Jhanai now that school is out. Does she go to camps or anything like that? My son's last day is today..so he will officially be a 3rd grader! He brought home lots of portfolios and projects yesterday and I was quite impressed with the kinds of things he was doing. I would get newsletters and would discuss things with his teacher during the year, but it was really impressive to see all the work just laid out in front of me and listen to him present it. He learned alot last year!

Ex - hope the job thing sorts itself out...no fun to be kept waiting that's for sure.

Hi to everyone else!

I have big plans to pull weeds in the back yard today, lol! Such an exciting life. It rained again last night, so the ground is nice and soft - excellent for weed-pulling. I'll also get a walk in...have to take advantage of it - won't be so easy to do once DS is out of school.

Have a great day

Neets
06-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Whew,

Another stinker here today in Southern O. Temps are supposed to reach around 102 with the humidex. My poor hubby is out there everyday sweating his butt off. (literally!) He's lost about 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Lucky bugger. Hey, maybe I should just go outside and sweat for a while and lose weight. LOL!!! :lol: :lol: UGH! No thanks.

Well things are going well, Joycelyn is a full fledged walker now, and is just so darn proud of herself. She's really getting her balance. We took her out to dinner on Saturday night, and of course we had to do several laps in the restaurant. She was wearing a little pink dress with a matching hat and looked OH SO FETCHING and wanted to go around the restaurant to show everyone. Such a little diva already.

Had a great workout yesterday but missed this morning because I was running behind. (slept late) will try to do one tonight.

Welcome EXGF Nice to meet you. I tried the Southe beach diet. (twice) but found it wasn't for me. I am working on plain ole diet and exercise. WTG for chosing fruit intead of candy. Don't wait though, until your boyfriend chooses a diet he likes, only you are in control of your own weight, so if you want to try the South Beach then try it. It may be THE diet for you, even if it isn't THE ONE for him. KWIM? JMHO. :)

Marti My parents are in San Fran right now. An early 40th anniversary trip. Actually they are leaving today for home. I'm glad because I miss them, and have so much to tell them now that Joycelyn is walking. I imagine that the hills of San Fran may have been a little too much for them.

MINDEE YAY for Tommy getting a new job. Congrats to you both.

So can I call this a NSV? One two separate occasions in the last week I have had people tell me I look like I've lost weight, even though I haven't. I also did my measurements, and I haven't lost any inches either, and my clothes feel the same. :?: :?: BUT I LOOK THINNER TO TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE!!! :cheer: :dance:

Hi to everyone I missed. Work is sooooo crazy!!!

TTFN
Anita

RosieKate
06-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Anita - take it where you can get it, honey! any NSV is a good NSV :) Our weather is so not 100 deg. today....very mild, probably will get to high 60s..might rain a little.

Cristi - forgot to thank you for the cards earlier...Thanks! you remembered my anniversary as well as my Bday.. Did I read that your anny is the same as your birthday? As you know, my anniversary is the day after my bday..just how it worked out...never bothered me a bit. I'm not one for a big birthday fuss, much to the chagrin of my DH, who loves, parties and cake and, mostly gifts. My plan for tomorrow is just a day like any other, really,will probably talk to my parents and brother, then little family celebration - probably ordering out for Chinese food.

Katiecat
06-15-2005, 03:33 AM
Hi guys...as usual, seems like forever since I've posted. I just read through the last three chitchat threads...holy cow, lots going on :)

Angie, sorry to hear about your cast! I cracked my wrist a couple of years ago (pruning my roses, fell headfirst into the trashcan, I am such a klutz), and first they put a cast on me, but it made me claustrophobic and crazy, and since it wasn't a bad fracture, just a hairline, the doc took off the cast and just put it in a removeable wrist brace. Hope it heals quickly.

Mindee, congrats on Tommy's new job :bravo: and hoping you get that 2 bedroom!

RosieKate, happy bday AND anniversary :woo: :cheers: I'm impressed that you're knitting. I tried crocheting an afghan, but it was uneven and wasn't coming out right...then my son, who was 13, put an TANGERINE in the plastic bag that was holding my afghan in progress and the extra yarn...he said we were out, and someone gave it to him and he wanted to save it for later but forgot about it...I didn't find it for THREE WEEKS and I think you can imagine that my afghan in progress went into the trash -- ACK! :yikes: :lol:

Hi ExGF, and welcome :wave: I have a male friend at work who lost a lot on SB -- his wife didn't like it though. He needed to lose the weight because his mom needs a kidney and the docs wouldn't even test him until he slimmed down. I looked at the book, and it has some good ideas and recipes, but I am not really enthused with the low-carb approach, or any other approach that makes one particular thing -- fat, sugar, or carbs, or whatever -- the scapegoat. WW worked for me before, I just need to get off my butt and DO it again. :rolleyes: But SB definitely looked a lot more sensible and balanced to me than Atkins, and some people swear by it. Looks like there is a pretty extensive SB group here on this site...but of course, we are the best CHAT group! LOL :grouphug:

Hi Jane, Cristi, Marti, Susan, Ellen, Anita, Pam, Dee, Terri...holy cow, I always feel like the Romper Room lady when I do that, heehee...and everyone else!

We went to SF for Memorial Day, had a blast. Bought CityPasses, which gave admissions to several different museums and unlimited public transportation on cable cars, trolleys, and buses. The museum admissions alone were more than worth the price, and I hate driving in SF, and hate parking there even more (and it's soooo expensive!), so we thought we'd give public transportation a shot. Lots of fun, but SF bus drivers are insane and drive like maniacs. :crazy: We saw the Museum of Modern Art, took a Bay cruise around Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate, went to the Legion of Honor Museum (LOVED that one, wish we'd planned a whole day there) and the Exploratorium, which was my 14 year old son's favorite. All in all, a great trip :)

Still planning Ireland in September :lucky: -- plane tix paid for, and a downpayment made on the tour. I can't wait! Sent away for my passport, so just waiting for it now...and we are working on Disneyland for spring break, so my son can go with us this time...

Work is still crazy and stressful...I think maybe that's why I keep planning trips and dreaming of travel...trying to run away, ya think? :?:

The house is kind of torn up, Tim's been painting one room at a time, and painted the spare room ceiling sky blue (will do our room too) and will sponge paint on clouds. We had to take down our glow-in-the-dark constellations from our bedroom ceiling to paint -- I miss my stars, but we'll put them back once the sky and clouds are done. He and my boys tore out the spare room carpet -- it was shot -- and there is a nice hardwood floor underneath, but it needs some serious work. Couple of bad stains, hope they sand out nicely. Then it will have to be refinished...big job! We want to put our musical instruments in there, the easel and art supplies, and maybe our bookcases...

Anyway, it's much too late, work in the morning, :faint: :tired: *sigh*. Ah well, made it through two days so far this week...I can do it for three more.

Sweet dreams to all the JL's... :cloud9:
Katiecat

Jane
06-15-2005, 09:24 AM
Happy Birthday Katy!!

:balloons::hat::cp::hb::gift::bravo::gift::hb::cp: :hat::balloons:

:D Hope you have a fun day!! :D

Neets
06-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Whew,

What a night last night. Thunderstorms and Tornado warnings all night. But after it all passed the heat has finally broken. Thankfully. Today will be in the high 80's and after the last week it's a welcome releif.

The weather network is currently looking into 3 possible tornado touchdowns from last night. Tornado's are rare up here, The last big one was 20 years ago in Barrie, so to have 3 in one night is quite an event.

Anyway, hope everyone is well. I have a meeting so I must rush.

Anita

da fat n da furious
06-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Happy Birthday Katy

:hb: :bravo: :cp: :hat: :cb: :joker: :angel: :spin: :woo: :flow1: :gift: :flow2: :balloons: :encore: :cheer:

da fat n da furious
06-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Hello Everyone,,,
Anita strange about all the tornadoes eh? We have had a few warnings here too, and we have had major rains,,,flooding....

Marti, I finally got myself in gear and sent the book to you.
Jane I have since read another of her books Fancy Pants...it was great. Im now in the midst of Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich,,,Im in heaven.

Katie, I am wearing an aircast and found that I love taking it off and just rubbing my legs...hate the ichy feeling. I even shaved the other day...and what a relief but you all don't need to read all about that...lol

Well Tanner was disappointed in not getting into TYC (the young canadians) but once he really thought about it he didn't care for the politics. Its everything we all would hate,,,such talented kids,,,who put on an award winning show each year. Anyways he could of gotten a 6000. scholarship with it,,,thats the downfall. He does want to take up dance which is what held him back..I always say that can't hurt...

Good news,,,saw Brandon's Dr and after xrays and such and checking him over shes decided he doesn't need his sugery. WE do have to get new orthos for his shoes...or I should say replace the ones he has...%$^$#% 800. orthos..*sigh But he doesn't need surgery. WE have decided to do Disneyland since he will be able to walk. Told him he should tell a couple of buddies to save money and come along...so he can really have fun with his friend his age and all.

I have another appointment with the gyno next week,,,periods have gotten out of control. I started on the 3rd...and like the durcell bunny,,,still going.

Tanner is waiting for the bleach to come out of his hair,,,then Ill be dying it a hot hot pink. oh the fun I have with that boy...lol
well I need to get the stuff washed out or else he will loose all his hair...lol

Jane
06-16-2005, 07:55 AM
Good morning, ladies! :wave:

Angie - as soon as I get to a town with a bookstore I'll be picking up several of her books, too. Right now I'm still reading Black Rose. Love it so far!

Katiecat - wow, between all your travels and home renovations, you've been one busy Jaded Lady! I've never been to SF, but Neal has, and we plan to go there at some point in his retirement. I'd love to go back to San Diego. That was the prettiest city I've ever seen so far.

Marti - hope you're having a good week! Did James get back from K-Falls ok?

Anita - maybe you are toning up more than you think? But like Katy says, take those NSV where you can get them, hon!

Katy - a cyber bbq would be fun, lol. You know Ellen can get graphics of anything. Hope you had a great bd, and hope your anniversary today is fun! My anniversary is the day after my bd, too.

Cristi - did you get all your staining done? How about mowing? You've sure been busy! Btw, I got married on a Friday, so we would have a long weekend, lol. Saturdays are just easier on the guests, lol.

Terri - did you get your house cleaned? Think of the one person you would hate to see your house a mess, and pretend she's coming over afterwhile, lol. And no, not answering the door is NOT an option, lol. Hope you've been getting some sleep.

Mindee - hope you get an apartment soon. And YAY for Tommy's new job!!

Well, I got my house cleaned yesterday and even washed some of the windows again. I just can't stand dirty windows, especially in the kitchen and living room where we spend most of our time.

I'm headed out to do my grocery shopping and run a few other errands afterwhile.

Not much else going on. But there's something to be said for calm waters, lol.

Have a good day! :cool:

FrouFrou
06-16-2005, 11:19 AM
:balloons: :woo: :flow2: :gift: :dance: :hat: :hb: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KATY!! & A VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TODAY! :hb: :hat: :dance: :gift: :flow2: :woo: :balloons:

FrouFrou
06-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Morning ladies~

Katy~hope your birthday was a fun one! And hope your anniversary is special! Yeppers, my anniversary and BD are one and the same. Sometimes I wish I had chosen a different day, but for the most part it really doesn't bother me. Just makes it that much more special. And you are welcome for the cards.

Anita~bet Joycelyn is just so cute prancing around the house. And yes, I would say that is a NSV! It's always nice when others notice when you lose weight, even though you said you hadn't lost any at that time. Sounds like you guys are having some crazy weather, as are we. Man the last week & 1/2 we have had soooo much rain!

Terri~hope you got some sleep. Hey, sometimes it's okay to leave the house messy. I think we all need a break sometimes. When we get busy on the weekend doing other things the house looks like a tornado went through it, or the kitchen, living room and dining room do anyway. Oh well, it will be there later to clean up. :lol: I hate restless nights though.

Jane~yeah, I know Saturday's are always easiest for the guests but I figure if it meant enough to anyone they would be there. :lol: Of course with all that went on we decided to go low-key and only had a few guests, very few. Are you kidding about the staining? :lol: Actually, I have about 3/4 of the way to go. I did get the back half done yesterday-it was HOT! Talking about sweating! Of course can't do any today because it rained, umm, poured last night and early this morning. It is supposed to rain tomorrow also. So...I'm not really in a hurry, but would like to get it done and I figure if the weather cooperates...I will have itone next week. I mowed the back yard Monday evening and then will mow it again Saturday to get on that Saturday schedule-definitely getting a workout.

Katiecats~sounds like you guys have been very busy! Of course working on the house is very time consuming! Glad the wood floors are in good condition. If the stain isn't real bad it should be fine once you guys buff it out and then stain. And even if it doesn't completely come out I think it will be fine, add a little character to it. We did a floor years ago, many years ago and I was pleased with the results. Not sure why someone would carpet wood floors in a dining room-love wood flooring. We also plan on doing that (putting in wood flooring) our kitchen, dining area, entry way, possibly the stairs going to the basement and two of the main floor bedrooms. Lotta work but will look nice when it is done.

Angie~well, that good that Brandon doesn't have to have the surgery afterall, bet he is relieved. Sorry, about Tanner not getting the part. There will be others that I am sure he will get, such a talented young man. Hope the doc figures out what is going on with your bod. My mother had that happen and had to have a hystectomy, but she had fibroid tumors also and they thought that was what was causing it-she was in her early 40's. I read Metro Girl a couple of weeks ago and really liked it. Can't wait for #11 to come out next week! :D I have been waiting for her (Janet Evanovich) new book. For #12 I saw on her site that she is having a name #12 contest! Been trying to think of something but haven't come up with anything good. The winner gets a signed copy of the book before it goes to the stores!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Not much ont he agenda for the day. Going to clean up our old washer & dryer that has been sitting in the garage. A guy at my sons job just bought a house with his girlfriend and he is wanting it. Also, going to stain some 2x4's for V and straighten up the garage a little. It is a mess since we started the fence. V took back a lot of stuff yesterday, pickets and brackets that we didn't use/need. It was pretty good...out of 400 pickets bought, 23 were really bad and 23 we didn't get too. They thought that was great that out of the 400 we only had to return 46. V had just bought a bundle plus 80 to round it off to the 400 figuring on a lot more not being useable. Anyway, those are out of the way so I can clean the garage somewhat. I'm slowly losing my parking space! Anyway...that's about all I have.

Take care ladies and have a good day!

FrouFrou
06-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Back again for just a few minutes...

Just spent some time adding some photos to my yahoo photo album and will share those with you ladies next week. I have a couple more I wanted to add that's on my roll of film and will finish up Sunday for Father's Day. They are mostly of the patio, fence and backyard, what all we have been doing but I did throw in a couple of recent ones of my big old self. :D And I do mean BIG, OLD self! :lol:

Anyway, best get to getting that garage done! Take care ladies :wave

Mom2Gaby
06-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Hi! We won second place on our pooper scooper. I have a lovely pink ribbon. It did rain for a time but not too bad. Happy B day Katy!! Thnak you for the card , Cristi!

I am on the run but wanted to say hello. My boss is gone this week and I have a ton to do. Below is what I posted today in my parents group, thought I would share it here for advice.
Thanks!

I would like some advice.

I found out today that Mike had his license suspended on Tuesday.

I also have been told by a domestic violence agency that Gaby should
not go with Mike considering his restraining order that was issued.
That I should obtain my own restraining order for Gaby because she was
present while he was acting out against the ex and daughter.

Blah - blah......

I guess I am confused about what to do. If he drives up do I let her go
with him? Knowing he is driving illegally? What if he gets stopped and
the car is impounded? Is that any of my concern? Of course if he has
Gaby with him it would be a concern.......
Do I call the police so they can greet him ?? lol......jk on that one,
though it has crossed my mind. I am pmsing after all.

My mom was against the restraining order. Timewise I can't get it done
by tomrrow. If a judge grants it I am fine with it. He shouldn't be
acting that way in the first place.

Though it is Father's Day weekend (what a wonderful daddy he is!! and
grandpa too!! wooo hoooo *cough *cough) and Saturday is his birthday.

So, what do you all think?

I have told my lawyer over and over about the restraining order and he
makes no comment. Though if Mike shows up without a valid license and I
dont' let her go am I in contempt of court??

Would he even dare bring it up with the courts to get me in trouble??

"Oh, ya judge I was driving with a suspended license because I didn't
pay CS and I had a restraining order issued so I can't see my other
daughter for a year....*sniff*......and I really wanted to celebrate
Father's Day *sniff *sniff.....with my baaaaaaby......*sniff*.....

Ms. Judge...."Why Mr. Mike!!!! What a wonderful daddy you are to take
such risk!!! You will never be in trouble......but Ms. Susan......to
jail you go!! lol

Marti
06-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Quick post....

Been extremely busy running around getting up to Eugene for dental appt. and for Jhanai's school. She had her 5th grade graduation ceremony. It was so cute!!

Ok...
Susan--Your post had me in wonder! There is NO way a judge could possibly ok Mike driving around w/Gaby w/no license. That is called "child endangerment!" Or stupidity on the judges part if he ok'd it!
Also...if he already has a restraining order against him...would that ALSO be considered child endangerment for letting Gaby go? I say "Yes" So Gaby should stay home w/her momma!!

Ok...so I'm not the judge and you can't just keep her home, but my instincts would be to keep her home and then tell Mike "we'll talk to the judge together about this and see what he has to say about you driving around w/your little girl w/no license" He probably doesn't have insurance either!

Well, I've said more than I probably should have but Susan...go w/your gut instinct and keep her home.

Must get moving! Chat more next time.

Mom2Gaby
06-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Hi Marti,
I am not going to say a word. I am going to make plans for Gaby to stay at her babysitters tomorrow and he misses out on visitation.

You would think it would be a no brainer but below is a post I wrote after talking with an attorney. I am still waiting to hear back from my lawyer on this. Because I do remember Mike having a threat of license suspension at the time when the visitation was ordered and the judge just said he could show up as a passenger in a vehicle and I would have to let her go.......like I would let a total stranger drive my child 80/90 miles.

Miss you!! Hope to catch up over the weekend!

I also talked with an attorney whose services I get through my
employer and she said unless it says in the order that he has to be
properly licensed I need to let her go with him. *WhatEVER*

Also, she says unless he threatened my daugher the restraining order
doesn't matter, I need to let her go with him.

Because something about having a restraining order doesn't mean a
crime has been committed.....

da fat n da furious
06-17-2005, 12:25 AM
http://spaces.msn.com/members/aboutagirl1974

These are some pictures of Pippin, the play we just finished...arghhh I hate my picture...

da fat n da furious
06-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Hello Everyone

Cristi, you are such a sweetie! How can we not love you even more! I opened my mail box saw the colored envelope and seeing your hand writing knew it was from you and it was a get well card....

Susan, *sigh Im sorry but I am so happy I am not you. Cause how I feel reading what you write makes my heart ache, so I figure it has got to be 100 x more worse for you...sending you strength girl! And give Gabby big kisses and bear hugs from me.

Cristi, just finished Metro Girl and laughed...gawd I love Janets style. Just bought Black Eyed Peas Monkey Business CD..love it...not as well as their first one though Elephunk. But deffenet grooving tunes.

Went to see Brandon's pediatrist...$400. gone. Had bought ortho inserts last year,,,costing me $800. no insurance for those...*sigh and had to get special ones made but half the price,,,nice but still have to pay. Brandon's got exzema bad on his big toe,,,more cream,,,more $ and its looking like he may have another ingrown toenail,,,I have to say this he has got the ugliest feet ever! Not even his mother can stand to look at.

Well I should get to bed....night all

Marti
06-17-2005, 07:38 AM
Susan--I just don't understand the system. He was threatening another "child" don't they get it?? I will pray that things start getting better for you soon.

Angie--Great pictures! You all look like you're having so much fun!

Oh my...I just wanted to pop in really quick before I head to bed. I can already hear the birds singing!! And tomorrow is my early day!

Night!

Jane
06-17-2005, 08:15 AM
TGIF!!!

Angie - omg, you don't look your age AT ALL!! What's your secret? Thank you so much for sharing that - it's really cool!

Cristi - glad you're getting the old washer and dryer out of the way. Our extra refrigerator in the shed broke down yesterday or the day before. The good news is, it didn't have much in it. We mainly use it for water, popcorn on the cob until we shell it, fruit and veggies in season, etc. When I have a party, it gets filled, but haven't needed it much since Memorial Day. I just hate to spend $$ on a new one for out there and may see if I can find a good 2nd hand one. Yikes, we just bought a new freezer!

Susan - the things going on in your life have to be so very hard on you, and I wish I could help in some way. (((HUGS)))

Marti - how's the dental work coming along? You'll feel so much better when you get all fixed up, but that doesn't help much in the meantime. Hope you get some rest, sweetie.

Well, I'm going swimming with Mary and her 3 today. Gotta get some things done around the house before then.

Hope you have a good day and a good weekend!!

tlprocks
06-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Yikes... Sorry i missed your birthday Katy... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

Marti: Hello! I was just reading a novel and the town/city of Eugene was in it.. Just a thought lol...

WEll just wanted to pop in to say hello.... Getting a little more sleep.. It has been cold and rainy here... Getting my house a little cleaner every day... almost half done the laundry... lol... did the bathroom yesterday.. threw out a lot of junk we dont use.. Well i have a dentist appointment this morning.. so just popped in to say hello.. and hope everyone has a good week-end! ttfn XXOO

Jane
06-17-2005, 08:32 AM
See you over at chit chat #134!