Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 03:45 AM   #1  

Default Points ?

I've got a question....I'm currently at a weight of 229.4, and using 28 points. I know the cutoff for dropping to 26 points is 224. Would it be okay for me to go ahead and drop to 26 points? I'm having trouble using all 28 points most days, and I figured since I'm so close I might be able to go ahead and drop to 26.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:16 AM   #2  

Okay, I am not an authority on this subject (seems like I never have a problem using all my points!) But, Tuesday at my meeting I heard one of the women mention that she was not using all of her points, and she has not been losing much...our leader told her to try and get all those points used, cause your body may go into a "starvation mode" and will try to hang on to everything you are putting into it. I know there are more technical ways to describe what your body will do, but that is the basics of what I overheard.
If I was you I would be sure I was getting my milks in each day, and ofcourse those fruits and veggies (and remember--some of those count towards points).
There are people on this board who have been doing WW along time who have probably ran into the same problem as you, hopefully they will respond with some good advice!
Old 06-09-2005, 09:51 AM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I agree with Sherri If I haven't used all my points by the end of the day I have a glass of milk about 30-40 minutes before going to bed. I use up my points and the milk helps me sleep better - doesn't matter whether it is cold or warmed up.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:55 AM   #4  

Well...that may be why I'm not using all my points. I can handle MAYBE one serving of milk a day {mild lactose problem}.

Any other ideas for using up my points?

Last edited by dakotamidnight; 06-09-2005 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 06-09-2005, 11:37 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Do the lactaid pills or milk help you to be able to process it.

How about juice?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:43 AM   #6  

nope, I've tried just about every type of pills or drops for lactose intolerance, and they don't work. Sometimes I can get Goats Milk, which I tolerate better, but it's not too often.

As for juice, I'm already going over my 5 fruits and veggies a day, especially in summer. I tend to only eat fruits and veggies and grains for my breakfast and lunch, and for a big portion of dinner.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:06 PM   #7  

How about a nice tablespoon full of peanut butter? Yum. Not bad fat and quite tastey. That's what a friend of mine does when she's short on points and doesn't want me to fuss at her.

I say if you are still losing at 28 pts, do not go down to 26. You'll get there soon enough. Be nice to your bod!
Old 06-09-2005, 10:59 PM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

5 servings of fruits and veggies is a MINIMUM! There is no maximum.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:15 AM   #9  

Height: 5'0"

I wish I had your problem! I have 24 points a day and I am starving, lol. Do you like yogurt or cottage cheese or would that upset your stomach as well? I have a friend who cannot drink milk but is fine with other forms of dairy. If you can, those make good snacks and are good for you too.

You can't get enough veggies, the greens will always be good for you. I know I eat way over 5 servings, I think we are supposed to be getting closer to 10 anyways.

If you are really under, having a snack of pb and ww bread may help, plus it will get your protein and good fats up.

Or you could always use olive oil in your cooking, that is a sure fire way to up the points fast, plus it is good for you and you won't feel stuffed with extra food. Good luck!
Old 06-10-2005, 07:29 AM   #10  
Eat well, Live well

When I have a bunch of points to use up at the end of a day, I like to eat a piece of whole grain flaxseed bread with peanut butter. The type I use gives me 4 points for this. It is very tasty, and a more nutritious choice than a handful of chips or popcorn.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:02 AM   #11  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

My leader says that when members are consistenly under their points and have several points to use up at the end of the day, she recommends this: Go back over your journal and decide where you could insert foods that would be healthy and still boost your point intake. It sounds to me like breakfast and lunch could use some protein and that might do the trick. Good luck on your weight loss. This is a good question that has affected a lot of us at one time or another. (I used to love when I had extra points available and I'd eat dopey things that I could point out. Not a smart thing to do and it slowed down my weight loss.)
Closed Thread