Support Groups - Body For Life [for Women] Adventure!

Pages : [1] 2

deleted2
06-07-2005, 07:20 PM
I need to shake up my routine, try something new, so on June 6 I started the 12-week Body For Life challenge based on Pamela Peek's new book. I'm really going to give this my all and if anyone out there wants to join me that'd be great--we can inspire each other!

I'm going into this with the attitude that Dr. Peeke likely has a pretty good idea about all this so I'm going to follow her advice as closely as possible. But we all know that life happens and I'll tweak it here and there!

Here I go....! :D

deleted2
06-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 soy 'sausages'***cheddar stick***3 triscuits
cherries

2 ww toast w/ soy 'turkey', fat-free cheese. lettuce, carrots, onion, tahini dressing
baked sweet potato wedges
peach

veg-bean soup
steamed brocolli w/ cheddar
3 triscuits w/ 1 wedge lite laughing cow
1 cup raspberries
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

calories:1450
fruits/vegs: 9 servings
water: 11 glasses
Exercise: 30 min. step video
30 min. bellydance video

First day of the challenge. My first thought this morning was "I don't want to do this"---no enthusiasm at all. My second thought was "You have to do it". I feel like I've been flatlining with my program for a while, just barely hanging on and eating more than usual and in the process I've gained 5 pounds so That means I'm 5 pounds above goal and that's my limit! I swore I wouldn't let it get above 5 pounds without taking action so here I am, doing what I do, what we all do I guess: fine-tuning, trying new things, and always learning. Since I've been reading the book and experimenting with the workouts I realize that I've kind of been sleep-walking thru my workouts. Now I'm committed to really putting myself out there and when I did the videos today I worked up a fine sweat because I was really concentrating on what I was doing instead of just phoning it in.

deleted2
06-07-2005, 07:43 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
veg. quiche w/ oat. crust

1 cup cherries

2 ww w/ soy 'turkey', spinach, ff cheese, mustard
tom-veg. soup
strawberries***coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

Salad [lettuce, steamed sweet potatoes and brocolli, avocado, cheddar, Legere's dressing]
blueberry fruit bar

Calories: 1685
water: 12 glasses
fruit/vegs: 10 servings
exercise: 30 min. step video
55 min. upper body weights
35 min. weeding

What a difference a day can make---if we let it. I woke up this morning full of energy and at 5:50 this AM I was out in my garden weeding!!! :D Hadn't intended to be out there long, but spent 35 minutes out there. Don't think it qualifies as strenuous exercise, but the other stuff I did today counts for sure.
I'm really enjoying my food and the fact that I'm effortlessly eating tons of vegetables. And by the way, the salad I had tonight may seem like a strange mix of ingredients but it was divine! :hun:

Amarantha2
06-08-2005, 12:41 AM
Huzzah, E!!! :cheer: You're off to a great start!!!

I hope it's ok to post here 'n cheer ya on now 'n again, as well as any takers ya get to join you in the challenge; I'm not ready to do BFL right now, but have done it in the past and gotten a lot out of it. I want to get the "For Women" book.

Your food and exercise are lookin' good, there!!! Keep a'goin!

deleted2
06-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks Amarantha! Yes, please--stop by anytime. :D

Hey, is it possible to lose 2 pounds in 2 days? I stepped on the scales this morning just for fun and it appears that I have. I've been taking in fewer calories and drinking lots of water [a habit I'd gotten away from] and maybe that's all it takes. I haven't had the extra weight for long and maybe my body remembers and wants to get back there.

Looking forward to Day 3! :love:

Amarantha2
06-08-2005, 09:23 AM
YES!!! :wave: It is most definitely possible to lose two pounds in two days from just shapin' up your lifestyle, which is what the BFL is doin' for thee, E!!! Congratulations. Here's to a super DAY THREE!!!!

Kaylets
06-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Hi Eydie!

YOU are an inspiration!...

Are you limiting your fruit intake??? That was one t hing that suprised me w hen I read the book ( just last week, karma?) .....
and was really suprised about bananas but then again......

YOU ARE THE WOMAN!

deleted2
06-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks, Kaylets! Still in the honeymoon phase---time will tell and all that, but right now I'm digging it! :D

I'm not really limiting my fruit intake--not with all the luscious stuff that's out there now, just kind of staying aware of it and trying to eat a bit lower on the glycemic index for the mose part. I'll have a hard time limiting it to 2 servings a day, same with the whole grain things, so I'm not going to worry if I have an extra serving here and there.
I must've missed something--what did she say about bananas?

deleted2
06-08-2005, 08:53 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
veg quiche

Salad [lettuce, sweet potato, brocolli, soy 'turkey', onion, cheese, Legere's dressing]
tomato-veg. soup

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2, 1 tbsp. fruit-sweet. choc. sauce

ww bagel w/ low-fat cheddar and cream cheeses, spinach, carrot, onion
clementine**peach

Calories: 1600
water: 13 glasses
fruit/veg.: 8 servings

EXERCISE: 30 min. tae bo video
30 min. bellydance video
20 min. mat Pilates

Got up before 6 again today full of energy. I love that! Just had a few things to do at work so I was home by 1:00. I'd only intended to do the tae bo video but when it was over I was so hot and sweaty that I decided to do an extra 30 min. bellydance video. Let me tell you, the shower after felt great!
There's a chart in the book that gives you the workout schedule for the entire 12 weeks and on the cardio days it says "AT LEAST 30 minutes". I didn't let that sink in till today, the 'at least' part! So I'm going to attempt to do a little extra most days.
In the middle of the day I made myself a mocha drink using the fruit-sweet fudge sauce--that was a great treat for me. I'll do that again.
By the way, this is Day 263 of my no-sugar plan! :)

Amarantha2
06-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Eydie, I haven't found the book yet but what K says is interesting. If it's a low glycemic plan, I'm in! BTW, ripe bananas (green ok) are verboten on Sugar Busters and I think South Beach because they are extremely high glycemic.

Added later: There's a sample week of BFL meal plans on their website and it DOES include a banana (maybe more, I didn't read the whole week). So that answers that! :) Awesome plan, though.

deleted2
06-09-2005, 08:07 AM
Really slept in this morning--didn't get up until 6 :45 :lol: .
Thanks for the info about bananas, Empress. I don't eat bananas every day but sometimes they're a good substitute for dessert. They've got that sweet and creamy thing, and I usually add a few chunx to smoothies.
Pam Peeke doesn't really talk much about the glycemic index but in the food chart she describes some vegetables such as sweet potatoes, corn and peas as "starchy" and to limit those. It's a very simplified food plan and in a a way that's good but I wish there was more.

My big challenge today is going out for lunch with my co-workers. We're going out to a really nice place [a local winery] with all kinds of really succulent desserts, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. I have no idea what's on the menu so wish me luck. :T

deleted2
06-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Went out for lunch today with the gang and had cactus for the first time! It was good but I won't seek it out. Everyone else had killer desserts and I asked for fresh fruit. The waiter tried his best to talk me into having it with sorbet or grand marnier and I said, 'no, just fruit'. And when he brought it it was beautiful. Pears and berries and grapes arranged in a sexy goblet! Overdid it on bread today btw.

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww w/ tofu. ff cheese, spinach, carrot, onion, tahini sauce
apple

roll w/ cheese, mayo, cactus, portabello, onion, tomato
taro chips
pear slices, strawberry, grapes
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

lentil soup
2 clementines

Calories: ? [never know when you eat out, so i don't do it often]
water: 11 glasses

exercise: 30 min. bellydance video****40 min. lower body stuff

Amarantha2
06-09-2005, 10:09 PM
E, you are doing great! :wave: Keep a'goin!!!

Re sweet potatoes, they ARE "starchy" but they are allowed on the regular BFL (as well as all the low glycemic diets I know about, which I know BFL is not specifically, but actually it kind of is). White potatoes can be a problem but the sweets should be fine and again, sweet pots are listed on the approved BFL list.

Hmmm, don't mean to hijack thy thread, E. I need to get the book. It isn't in the stores anymore.

Amarantha2
06-11-2005, 02:38 AM
Eydie, I'm not a fan of the cactus pads either. I have tons of 'em growin' in my yard. They are good for keepin' critters out, though. But the prickly pear fruit is also edible, I believe. Some people make it into jam. It's beautiful anyhow.

YOU ARE DOING FAB!!! Keep goin!!! :cheer:

Responded to you on the palace thread re sweet potatoes.

How did your BFL day go?

deleted2
06-11-2005, 08:12 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
smoothie [rice milk, strawberries, whey protein]

banana

refried beans w/ cheese, salsa, guacamole
steamed brocolli
1 serv. tortilla chips

lentil soup
romaine leaves w/ vegs, tofu, goddess dressing
strawberries and whipped cream

calories:1465
fruit/vegs: 9 serv.

exercise: 4 1/2 mile walk

cacmsc
06-11-2005, 08:33 AM
Hello girls! I will be trying to get some more info on BFL. Sounds so far interesting and your food intakes look great! I must be out of the loop cause I have never even read anything of Pam's before. That I remember anyways. I have been at least maintaing my wt. I just jumped off the computer and got on the scale. First time in weeks and I was at 170lbs. That is only up .5 which was my lowest pt. so far. The last few weeks other than a few exceptions I have tried to be good. Its so hard to stay away from all the temptation out there! Anyways before even getting on the scale today I made up my mind to eat healthy this weekend and make a difference in my wt. So if you don't mind company I will join in. I still need to know more about the BFL program. Any infl. you can provide would be helpful. Thanks!

deleted2
06-12-2005, 08:03 AM
Welcome, cacmsc! :) Congrats on maintaining your weight--what sort of program are you on now? For some quick info on Body For life for Women check out drpeeke.com.

deleted2
06-12-2005, 08:15 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
omelette [egg sub. 1 egg, lite cheese, brocolli]
2 ww toast

lentil soup
cucmber and red pepper strips w/ ff ranch
2 clementines
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

Mojo bar ***1 oz. cheddar

3 big romaine leaves w/ tofu, pepeprs, cucmbers, onion, carrot, Thai peanut sauce, a few cashews
strawberries

calories: 1475
water: 9 glasses
protein: 71 grams
fruit/ vegs: 9 servings

exercise: 55 Min. upper body

I'm SO loving having all the fruit and vegetables! Well, I always have but I'm back in the honeymoon phase for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm trying to be particularly creative and not depend on so much bread and cheese.
The spring roll-y things I had for dinner were great! The only bad thing is there's no truly graceful way to eat them. Once you pick up one of those stuffed romaine leaves you're committed, and have no choice but to chow down!

Did my workout with great concentration--very curious to see if there'll be a change. { I wasn't really putting my heart into my pre-BFL workout.}

Amarantha2
06-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Eydie, thanks for the url. For some reason I didn't know about it. I check on the book on Amazon. Will be ordering. You are doing great. I see a wonderful commitment going on here ... your BFL adventure is really something you are enjoying and that's really what it's about.

Hello to cacmsc!!! :wave: I am not officially part o' this challenge as right now I don't do BFL for Women, but have done BFL several times, actually, in the past. Right now I guess I'm a cheerleader on this thread!!! :cheer:

So :cheers: to both o' ya.

E, what is a mojo bar!

cacmsc
06-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Edyie your really motivated good for you. I really am not on any certain diet but trying to use my info. I have gathered from info. and trying to stay under 1500 cal. a day. Most days I can do it without a problem once in awhile yah just go up a bit. But thats not so bad as long is it isn't everyday. Now that the weather is nice I am more active w/ swimming, yardwork etc. and this week back to the gym. I am going to try to commit to the a.m. routine. It will be cooler and no excuses at the end of my day. I will plan on working out at least 3 times at the gym and swimming inbetween.
I liked your spring roll ups I do something similar with cajun turkey or tuna etc. We can do without so much bread. Recently, I started using these little whole wheat pitas. I put hummus, tuna, veggies etc. and a little variety here and there. They are tasty and filling. Only 110 calories for 2 plain that is. But if its the only bread for the day not so bad. I have even toasted them split and put canadian bacon on them and a poached egg. Still pretty low cal for breakfast about under 200 calories. Also I make sure I get my calcium in everyday. That is important too! Good luck and I will ck that site out.
Today: eggs, w/ onion, fresh spinach, cheese,canadian bacon., 1 slice It. toast
Lunch?
Dinner/ chicken breast grilled, brocoli, salad w/ cukes, radishes, onions, croutons
1 frozen fruit pop.
exercise: swimming lots of water w/ lemon to drink throughout the day! yard work!

deleted2
06-12-2005, 01:26 PM
cacmsc, I'll join you in your morning workout challenge. I always feel good about working out in the morning. Seems to set the tone for the day and makes me feel more committed. Thanks for the inspiration! :D

Amarantha, about the mojo bars--they're made by the Clif bar folks. The 'mixed nuts' bar is sweetened with rice syrup and oat syrup [?], so it passes my no-sugar test. [although I really need to check out that oat syrup]. It's very satisfying and has that sweet/salty thing that I love so much. Ooh, bad thing is one of the ingredients is pretzels made with white flour---but for the occasional treat, not too bad.

First week down! According to the program this is supposed to be 'free day', meaning I don't have to exercise, but I think I'll do some yoga and Pilates later. I really don't like to miss a day.
A, remember in the original BFL the one day a week where you could eat anything you wanted? I think that's what turned me off about it---I just can't go there. As magical as it sounded I just couldn't do it. Madness! :dizzy:

Amarantha2
06-12-2005, 01:37 PM
E, so do they not do the day off eating thing in the BFL for Women? Yes, that day was the program killer for me, too.

I need to find the book. I started a new six day challenge and a new journal in the land far far away today and maybe the book will give me a focus as I haven't had decided exactly what my challenge is! Taking day off work (shouldn't but am) and will see if I can find that book.

Cacmsc, you are doing great!!!

And E, ya rock as always. Too bad the Mojo bars would be "illegal" for me no matter what challenge I'm doin'! :lol: I think the oat flour would be fine, though. It's basically ground up oatmeal. You can even make your own. Hard to say, though, whether the manufacturer of the bar has refined it too much or not.

deleted2
06-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Nope, no free eating day in BFL4women. She does talk about a mini-chill--that's where you allow yourself some small reasonable treat, and that is indeed reasonable but I still can't do it. If I had one of those dark chocolate bars in the house there'd be no way that I could have a couple of squares and no more. It'd taunt me from the cupboard till I ate it. Oh well, good to know one's limitations!

Hey, let me know if you find anything new and exciting at the market today!

Amarantha2
06-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Naw, just got fresh mushrooms this time to put in the chicken dijon. And I am with ya on the reasonable treat thing. You saw what happened when I allowed myself a few bites of sugar in the past few weeks. It's the slippery slope. Can't do 'er!

I didn't find the book but will be going to Border's in a few days and will get it then. I may join ya in a more formalized version of the challenge after I see it, but am with ya both in spirit anyhow and inspired by you, I will continue my own (weird) challenges for the nonce.

E, thanks for the visit to my new journal. I've posted all of this week's "rules" now in accordance with the new tough love philosophy re Maisie!

Sis boom 'n bah!!! Huzzah! Keep goin' BFL for Women women!!! :cheer: [/b]

deleted2
06-13-2005, 07:02 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2 [2 big cups]
3 sweet potato pancakes w/ maple syrup, alittle butter, lots of strawberries
2 pcs. soy bacon

Salad [lettuce, spinach, brocolli, peppers, carrots, onion, cukes, chickpeas, feta, lo-fat Italian]
1/2 cup fruit-sweet. ice cream

Salad [lettuce, vegs, tofu, Thai peanut sauce, a few cashews]
cantalope

Calories: 1640
protein: 62 grams
water: 12 glasses
fruit/vegs: 10 servings

exercise: 40 min. garden work***20 min. mat Pilates

Breakfast was such a treat---it 'cost' me about 650 calories, but it was worth it! I love having those big Sunday breakfasts. And it's amazing how flavorful just a bit of butter can be when you're not used to having it. I have to watch it with butter though. It's always been one of my trigger foods, but I had good control today.
A very restful day. I got the garden work out of the way first,and that was good because it rained all day, so we read, watched a couple of movies, and I prepared some food for the coming week.
Didn't do as exercise as I'd hoped, but for a 'free day' it was okay!

deleted2
06-13-2005, 07:11 AM
Hmmmm. One thing that I'm not doing that's strongly recommended in the book is eating 6 times a day. When I was doing SARP [Sugar Addict's Recovery Program], I got in the habit of eating 3 times a day, and the reason for that is to train you NOT to be thinking about food all the time and to practice impulse control, so I'm going to keep going with what feels right. Somedays I'll have snacks, sometimes not.

I have a feeling that this'll be a week where I want to have snacks. We're having a kid's program at work and I'll be preparing snacks for them. If I'm going to be surrounded by the kind of food they like [and I used to like!] I'd better be prepared with my own stuff so I won't be tempted to pilfer theirs!

cacmsc
06-13-2005, 07:53 AM
Do you make your own Thai peanut sauce? If so can you share the recipe? I am not going to the gym this morning. But will be starting on Tues. a.m.. Its nice in the morning very quiet and gets your energy up to start your day. I did do some swimming in the evening last night. It was so nice. The pool is my best friends who live right next door. I just take a trip through the woods to get there its my warm up before my swim! I feel good about my wt. staying stable but ready to make some changes to get it moving in a down ward fashion soon! Today will be my challenge as I have a picnic this afternoon w/ a couple of clients then a birthday party tonight. But I did make a spinach salad for this evening and a chef one. We are ordering pizza but one w/ just peppers so I will have that one. Its all in pre planning I think at least it helps. I am going to have fresh strawberries and cool whip for my dessert. The rest are having strawberry shortcake/ cupcakes/ ice cream. So I am making some better choices I think? Oh I have used in the past pretzels in the place of nuts. Its kind of interesting change of pace. Have you tried the whole wheat pretzels? They aren't too bad and I dip them in some hot mustard. I like spicy and hot food! It also benefits your metabolism levels.
Hang in there we are on this journey together. And together we can all make a difference.

deleted2
06-14-2005, 07:42 AM
No, this time I didn't make my own peanut sauce. I bought a jar from a natural foods store of HOT peanut butter, brand name is Peanut Butter and Company and they make flavored peanut butters. This one was called 'The Heat Is On' and it was way too hot too eat on it's own so I thinned it down with water and added a touch of honey and voila, Thai peanut sauce!

Yesterday I did a morning workout and felt great about it. Don't think it's gonna happen today though---late start and all that. :^:

You're so right about it all being about making choices and planning ahead, cacmsc. And it sounds like you're a master planner. How did it go at your events yesterday?

deleted2
06-14-2005, 07:48 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww w/ peanut butter, cream cheese, spinach, lettuce
strawberries

Salad [lettuce, vegs, feta, chickpeas, tofu, lite Italian]
cantalope***ww fig bar

1 oz. cheddar***apple

brown rice pasta w/ zucchini-tom sauce w/ feta
steamed brocolli
1 cup fruit-sweet. ice cream

1/2 cup granola [fruit-sweet]

calories: 1570
protein: 47 grams
fruit/vegs: 9 servings

exercise: 30 min. step video
10 min. on lateral thigh strider
35 min. lower body/ abs

Good food day and all, but I felt tempted to overeat. Wonder what's up with that?

cacmsc
06-14-2005, 08:00 AM
The events went really well and I ran around so much with having 30 folks and 10 of them kids no calories could hurt me! I did manage to cool off for 5 min. in the pool before the storm hit. But at least it held off for the party and we were outside for almost everything. My grandgirls loved it and my daughter couldn't thank me enough for having it at my house. We have a big yard and it just worked out nice! Thank God for good weather and a sprinkler system.
I have to ck out the peanut sauce. Today I am preplanning again working lots of hours today. I have my reg. shift and then a parent meeting. So 8:00 til 8:30 with a break for lunch and dinner. I am having dinner out but I will try to make healthy choices. I have a dress on I purchased last year and it was to tight but was on sale. So now it fits first time I've worn it. That will be a good reminder to stay eating healthy today. Boy does it feel good to fit into it! I guess it will become a favorite! A good test for measuring changes.
Starting off my day with a smoothie made of orange juice, water , ice and peaches, yogurt. About 200 calories. Lunch will be some pulled pork no bread 180 calories/ salad w/low cal dressing/ few croutons/almonds 5 =100 calories total appox. 500 That gives me room to play a bit. I know their serving dessert tonight at the meeting. I will try to not be too tempted.
Have a great day!

Amarantha2
06-14-2005, 10:47 AM
Eydie, eating light meals six times a day can really help in blood sugar control, which helps almost everyone feel better and manage weight more effectively, especially women at certain stages of life (this is my opinion and not meanin' to say that your SARP is incorrect).

Cacmsc, congratulations on the good choices you are making and the preplanning.

You're both doin' great!

deleted2
06-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Amarantha, I'm going to give it a try--the eating 5 times a day, I mean. Pamela Peeke says 'the weight melts away'. Haw! We'll see. I've tried a lot of things and I've never had the experience of weight melting away! :lol:
But in my quest to trust this process and trust that someone else may know a bit more than me, I'm going to try it.

Cacmsc, how as your dinner out? What did you decide to have?

Amarantha2
06-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Good for you, E!!!! I think you'll be very satisfied ... dunno about the meltin' away part!

Not sure I WANT to melt away, personally! :)

deleted2
06-14-2005, 09:53 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 scrambled egg beaters w/ lite cheese

brown rice pasta w/ roasted vegs, feta
strawberries

4 mini sugar-free peanut butter cups

Salad [lettuce, vegs, tofu, Thai peanut sauce, cashews]
fruit sweet. ice cream w/ fruit-sweet fudge sauce

Calories: 1545
protein: 53 grams
water: 8 glasses
fruit/ vegs: 8 servings

exercise: 30 min. tae bo
10 min. lateral thigh strider
40 min. yoga

I don't know what got into me buying the sugar-free peanut butter cups. Not like me at all. I know a lot of folks depend on the sugar-free stuff but it's just too dangerous for me. It's too available and with my past dependence on sweets I could get attached to the s-f chocolates too easily.
Great workout today. Did it all with great "sincerity" and sweated like a dainty pig!!!! :lol:

Tomorrow's day 10! always a little thrill to hit double digits!

wkgirl
06-15-2005, 02:37 AM
Hi Eydie!:wave: Congrats on following your BFL program!
I am on day 24 of BFL regular...and have dropped a few lbs...and my clothes are fitting looser....it is a pretty tough program, as far as getting to the gym 6x a week i dont know if i could turn that into a lifelong change...
Have you done this program before? Does the ladies one differ a lot from the original?
Way to go on your progress! Keep up the good work.....
Karla :)

deleted2
06-15-2005, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the visit, Karla! BFL 4 Women is a bit different from the original. The workout uses dumbells and the food plan uses more real food and less protein powders and also there's no free food day [something that I couldn't handle when I tried the original]. Is this your first time doing BFL?

I'm on Day 10 and have lost 2 pounds and am feeling good about it, feeling tighter and leaner. :D

cacmsc
06-15-2005, 07:49 AM
Well so much for being good I will admit I fell off my plan. I ate chinese instead of going to the place I wanted to eat at. My friend so badly wanted chinese. Then after my meeting for speaking on the panel I was given chocolates. Chocolate covered cashews. Well they say cashews are okay for you to eat if you limit them oh I DON'T think they were thinking with milk choc. all over them. Well I opened them on my way home and ate some the calories were 150 for 2 oh I ATE more than that of course. Once I started I just ate! Needless to say it was emotional eating with out a doubt. But today is another day. I did great yesterday until dinner time. I had only eaten 500 calories and figured I was home free with 900 left for the day. I most likely was if I had made some better choices even skipped those chocolates. Well the hubby has them now and I told him I don't even want to see them again! To bad I didn't read the calories first that usually will stray me away at least to eat only one serving! Today is another day and no sense of crying over something thats come and gone. Learn your lesson and move on. So today I will be working on being more active and making healthier choices.
Karla welcome! I am looking into this BFL and trying to get a handle on it myself. Just doing my own thing right now. But being on this site gives me info. and helps to keep me motivated.
Edyie your doing great keep up the good work.
Amarantha but melting some lbs. away would be nice huh? Never been any easy way for me to lose wt. Just some new routines and changes along the way. Thats where picking up new ideas from others helps motivate me most of the time.

Amarantha2
06-15-2005, 12:45 PM
:lol: cacmsc, SOME meltin' might be nice, I'd have to agree w' that! Dinna feel like the Lone Rangerette on havin' an offish day, happens to all o' us! Sigh!

Karla, I'm not currently doing BFL (have done it) but am a sorta cheerleader here so hello!!! :wave: :cheer: Congratulations on Day 24!!!

E!!!! :wave: I'm back on the wagon and better for the experience ... THROW THOSE PB CUPS AWAY, E, THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND!!! ~ Signed, EDN (Evil Diet Nanny)! :devil:

Let's go out there and make this the best BFL (or thinkin' about BFL) day ever!!!

deleted2
06-15-2005, 04:22 PM
cacamsc, I had a run-in with chocolate cov'd cashews once. Plain ones are delicious enough and hard to resist. You're right, 'tis over and done with. You have your memories! :lol:

Amarantha, got to work and threw the rest of those little devils away. I won't make that mistake again!

Got home from work and wanted to take a nap--I've done that the last couple of days actually. I still haven't done my upper body stuff, and I have to amke it count, really put my heart and soul into it because it's the only upper body workout this week. :strong: :wl:

wkgirl
06-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Hi everyone! :wave:
How are you doing?
Eydie-Yes this is my first shot at BFL...Ive been trying just about everything the last few years and Ill lose some weight but then just put it back on again...I can see this helping me for sure in the eating area..the workouts I dont know if I can commit to 6x a week...forever....i really like to play sports for exercise but where im living now there arent many competitive leagues....
How was your UBW ? I did lower BW and found it pretty tough..I didnt lift as much as last time..
Amarantha- Hi! how did you like BFL when you did it? Did you see changes?

Cacamsc-Hello! Is that short for something?it took me a few times to spell:lol:
i can totally relate to your eating out adventure..i find it hard to eat wisely when i go out so i am sort of avoiding it for now..except on "free day" which usually by the end of the day I am feeling really gross and wondering why I wanted to eat that 'poison' anyway :o

Have a good day ladies! Im off to bible study ...then pick up the kids and hopefully get in my cardio before my hubby gets off work-but i wont be running if my back still hurts like this! :(
Karla:df:

deleted2
06-16-2005, 07:23 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
rice milk w/ strawberies, banana, whey protein

1 ww toast w/ 1 tbsp. peanut butter

Salad [spinach, vegs, soy 'chicken', chickpeas, cheddar, avocado dressing]
clementine

1/2 ww pita w/ pizza sauce, mozzarella
salad[ lettuces, vegs, vinaigrette]
watermelon

calories:1460
protein: 54 grams

exercise: 60 min. upper body
15 min. bellydancing

Great workout today! :D I think I'm going to have arms I can be proud of at this rate. Actually, when I tried BFL before it was the only thing that ever changed my arms.

cacmsc
06-16-2005, 07:45 AM
Eydie have you ever tried those little whole wheat pita pockets? There really tasty and only 55 cals. a piece. I like them better than the big ones. They are made by Thomas brand. I sometimes enjoy them for lunch w/ hummus jalopeno/ cukes/ lettuce/ cherry tomatoes. Just a thought! I am always looking for new things variety is a good thing so we don't get bored!
Karla my real name is Carol and feel free to use it. The c for first name, a middle, c last name the msc is my title at work. Just a weird little way of signing on crazy huh but so easy to remember! Sounds like your a busy mom. Make sure you take a little time for yourself once in awhile. I count calories and also try to grab info. along the way that makes my wt. loss journey easier. Taking wt. off slow usually keeps it off for me at least recently. I have about 15 to really reach my goal. But I am down about 10 lbs. so thats not so bad. Everyone says I shouldn't lose 15 more we'll see how I feel and look. That will be my guide.
Amaratha those choc.'s are little devils for sure. I felt awful after I read the calories. That is one thing I can say if I read the calories sometimes it stops me from eating that item. Or less of it if I really want it. I have a few glass dishes that are only 1/2 size. They are great for that scoop of ice cream or pudding etc. Just the right size and when its gone its gone. Well off to work I go! I am working out this afternoon finally and going to make healthy choices all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday I counted my calories and got to 1430 not so bad! I try to stay between 1400-1500.
Carol

Amarantha2
06-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi challengers! :cheer: Everyone's lookin' good here!

E, your breakfast drink looks delish. I can't drink rice milk on Sugar Busters, but used to just love it. Have you tried almond milk also? It's to die for! You're doing great. Keep on workin' those arms!!! I love havin' good arms because I can see 'em! :lol:

Karlal: I did have good results from BFL and liked it a lot. Stopped because of a few reason, mainly that I hired the personal trainer and didn't really conform to the BFL workouts. The original eating plan was perfect for me but at that time, I didn't have the dedication to follow it in spirit. I was doin' things like counting a donut for the carb portion of meals, etc.

Carol, good idea about the small dishes ... buying a set of children's dinnerware helped me also, especially with the small balanced meals of BFL ... your cal count is great!!

Keep a goin' BFLers and those thinkin' about BFL.

Amarantha2
06-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Edited: I loved the book and thanks to E for starting this thread, which got me to buy it. Here's a surprise ... BFL for Women is pretty much what I've been doin' with Sugar Busters and my workouts supervised by the trainer! So, I guess I'm a BFL for Womenite ... but I don't plan any formal 12-week challenge, just takin' things week by week right now.

Two things in the book really stood out for me: I loved the success story of the 95-year-old ... just her pics are an inspiration. Also, I loved the "pledge" Dr. Peeke has in there ... about "humbly accepting" that self-care is important and takes work.

deleted2
06-17-2005, 07:51 AM
Carol, I have tried the mini pitas--love those perfect little pockets. I use them quite often at work for receptions. [Ironically , I'm a cook---can you believe that? :lol: ]

Amarantha, glad you got the book. It's all good practical info, isn't it? I liked the 95-year-olds story too!

Left my journal at work after a 15-hour day so will add that later. Off to work to be surrounded by more food! :o

Amarantha2
06-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Karla, sorry, misspelled thy name in post above! :)

Yea, E, I read the rest o' the book last night and think it's right on track. Didn't realize I was so into the BFL lifestyle without knowing it, also found the "mind" sections useful ... discussion of thought stopping so on target for me. And the workout section is pretty much what the trainer tells me to do. I enjoy that there's not an absolute hard 'n fast workout you are supposed to do, more on the side of giving principles and addressing advanced exercisers also, plus she addresses the issue of increasing intensity with supervision, which I think is important in some cases (mine).

Taking it to gym and work with me. Again, not going to do a formal 12-week program right now but kind of into this as a lifestyle. May have trainer take pic. [/b]

deleted2
06-17-2005, 07:20 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ww bagel w/ cream cheese

2 fruit-sweet. ww fig bars

cucumber, carrot, red pepper stix w/ humuus
2 hard-boiled eggs
corn chips w/ 2 tbsp/ guac.
1 cup watermelon

brown rice pasta w/ roasted vegetables, feta
steamed brocolli
coconut-date bar

blueberry fruit bar [one of those all-fruit organic roll-up thingies]

water: 7 glasses
calories: 1850 [a bit higher than I'd like]
fruit/vegs: 8 servings

exercise: 30 min tae bo

LONG day at work. Kind of a surprise--I knew I was going to bethere a long time, but thought I'd have a 3 hour break where I could retreat to the historic house and take a nap and do a little yoga, but things came up and I worked straight thru. Really glad I brought all that food and didn't give in to my random sugar cravings--and really glad I got in some cardio before leaving home.

deleted2
06-18-2005, 07:23 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ww bagel w/ cream cheese

strawberry fruit bar [an all-fruit thing]

cucumber, carrot, red pepper stix w/ humuus
2 hard-boiled egg whites
tortilla chips
watermelon

2 ww fig bars***1 lite string cheese

ww macaroni and cheese
steamed brocolli
2 tbsp. peanut butter

calories: 1760
fruit/vegs: 7 servings

exercise: 35 min. lower body stuff

Had more grain servings than I should've today--with the bagel and the ww macaroni. At least it was all whole grain stuff. Another long day at work--I was so tempted to blow off my workout but did it when I got home. Yet another reason to exercise early in the morning.
Went to see my father last night and on the way home we stopped by a park with a walking trail [with nightlights for walking after dark] and got in a mile there so that's something. :)

deleted2
06-18-2005, 07:26 AM
We're going on a little day trip today. We both feel like we need a treat. My challenge today will be taking care with my food while we're out in the big world. Will report later.

Anybody have any big weekend plans?

Amarantha2
06-18-2005, 03:20 PM
My weekend plan is to get rid of some of this work so Monday will be better, but I doubt if I'll get it all done! I am cooking chicken and asparagus.

E, re your comment on my journal about discussing the BFL for Women book, I would love for us on this thread to do that. I am really getting a lot out of it. I like the story of the business woman who lamented that working out was "just another job she had to get done" ... I've said that to my trainer many times. I like the point of the story: that you have to "humbly" (why humbly?) accept the work that goes along with taking care of yourself. I wonder if we could post the "pledge" that's in that section?

How is everyone doing with their challenges? I can only see one page in my browser right now, so huzzah to all here, mentioned and unmentioned!!!

deleted2
06-19-2005, 12:10 PM
I will give to myself as I give to others.
I will value my health as I value the health of my loved ones.
I won't ask "Should I or shouldn't I?" about matters of self-care.
I will just do it.
I humbly accept that I must work to be the best I can be.
I will choose to work for myself, rather than abandon myself.
I will embrace adversity as an opportunity to test my mental and physical strenghth.

Thanks for suggesting sharing it, A!

deleted2
06-19-2005, 12:20 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
scrambled egg sub. w/ peppers, onions, black beans, cheese
3 slices soy 'bacon'

Salad [spring mix, goat cheese, pine nuts, vinaigrette]
3 small slices pizza [artichoke, tomato, pesto]

smoothie [blueberries, cocnut-pineapple juice, apple juice, protein powder]
agave-sweetened brownie

water: 3 glasses
exercise: 1 hour walk

We had breakfast at home--everything else we had out. I really had a craving for pizza so we went to one of those gourmet places where the crust is really, really thin--so at least it wasn't a lot of white flour dough.
Toward the end of the day I was feeling really tired and my first impulse was to get some coffee somewhere like I usually do. Garry suggested that we get a smoothie and make it our dinner. And it really revived me much better than coffee, so that might be our new tradition. We really quizzed the guy at the counter before and it was made with all great stuff.
Didn't really need the brownie, just wanted it.... :o

Amarantha2
06-19-2005, 03:37 PM
You're doing great, E!!! Just ignore that Evil Brownie Demon :devil: that thrusted itself on ya. Those Brownie :devil: s are SO annoyin' ...

Thanks for postin' the pledge. I'm readin' it over daily.

In the meantime, I'm doin' a Firecracker Challenge on the journal. Will see where I go from there. Part of the challenge is to make myself a recipe for stone ground whole wheat tortillas. Even the low carb ones in the stores have ingredients I don't want. Will share the recipe when I figure it out.

wkgirl
06-20-2005, 02:03 AM
Hi everyone! Ive been MIA a few days now...but looks like you are doing a good job of sticking with it!!
Im on a little break from BFL...I hurt my back on my last workout on Tues. and want it to heal...as for the food, i have joined in with some friends from church in a 10 day 'Daniel" or partial fast (only fruits and veggies and water..) I know this will make my progress slow down a lot but its something i felt i had to do...
As for weekend plans....we went to a wedding yesterday..very beautiful outdoor complete with horse drawn carriage...then drove thru the night to come down to the In laws place and will visit a couple days...makes the fruits and veggies pretty hard to stick with :lol: but so far so good....
Im looking forward to having some protein and getting back to my regular workouts when I finish the fast..only 3 more days to go ! I havent checked if I ve lost weight, since i figure itll be right back when I eat 'normally' again...
I cant imagine being a vegetarian!! ;) hungry hungry!

How was everybody's weekend??
Bye :wave:

deleted2
06-20-2005, 08:06 AM
Actually, Amarantha, I'd get that brownie again. Surprisingly it was made with all "Eydie-legal" ingredients and sweetened with agave syrup. But one was plenty.
Speaking of which--DAY 275 WITHOUT SUGAR! :D
Good luck with the tortilla project. Let me know how it turns out.

Karla, sorry to hear about your back injury. Are you feeling better? And good luck with the fast! Yep, alittle protein is gonna taste really good when you're done! I'm a vegetarian and I'd be downright mean if I lived on fruits and vegs only!

SUNDAY

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 oatmeal-walnut pancakes w/ a little butter, 2 tbsp. maple syrup, 1 cup strawberries***2 pcs. soy 'bacon'

Salad [lettuce, carrots, onion, rd pepper, cukes, 2 hard-boiled egg whites, 1 slice pepper jack, legere's dressing]
1 cup watermelon

2 tbsp. cashews

1 serv. flax-corn chips w/ 1/2 cup beans, salsa, lite sour cream, low-fat cheese. 1/4 cup guacamole
1 cup strawberries

calories: 1810
water; 8 glasses
protein: 45 grams
fruit/vegs: 8 serv.

exercise: 90 min. garden work

wkgirl
06-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Hello!
Eydie- wow- Ive been reading your meals and didn't even notice you are a vegetarian! What are your favorite veggie sources of protein? And if you could share some of your favorite tofu recipes that'd be great! I used to eat it occasionally, but now with my hubby i gotta work it in slowly...... :lol:
I hear you can marinate it for good flavor?....We only eat wild game...with the exception of buying chicken breasts..... but I do like to try new things and especially when they are healthy for me!!
Way to go on your BFL progress...keep up the good work!
Everyone else- Hi! have a good day.... :D

deleted2
06-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Karla, some of my favorite sources of veg protein are soy products, cheese and eggs, beans and grains, seitan, whey protein powder.
I've never had any luck with marinating tofu---the stuff is just impenetrable IMO! I saute it or roast it with very flavorful ingredients and the tofu takes on the flavors that way. I'm lucky enough to have a source of ultra-firm tofu---it has the consistency of chicken [or what I remember chicken to be like anyway :lol: ] and that helps when folks are soy-squeamish. I think so many times people are put off by the squishy slippery texture of regular supermarket tofu.
What kind of things do you like? Let me know and I'll give you a recipe! :)

Off to do Pilates! :D

deleted2
06-21-2005, 05:10 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
1/2 cup Ezekial cereal w/ 1/2 c. maple yogurt, 1 cup strawbs, 1 tbsp. flax

2 lite babybel cheeses
red and yellow pepper stix

Salad [lettuce, vegs, beans, egg, goddess dressing]
boca burger w/ tomato sauce
straberry fruit leather

shake [ff milk, banana, choc whey protein, cashew butter]

1 slice whole grain toast w/ a scrape of butter

Calories; 1675
water;9 glasses
protein: 62 grams

exercise: 2 miles treadmill
30 min. Pilates machine

MIND: felt more than a little discouraged today when I weighed myself and it read 140 pounds. That's where I started 13 days ago and I've been really working it. I want to see more progress for all my hard work. Grrrrrr. I was talking to my friend and she asked me if my clothes are fitting any better and if I felt leaner. Have to admit that my clothes are fitting better and I feel leaner--so thanks Cynthia! I've been at this game long enough to know that the number on the scale isn't everything.

MUSCLE: Good workout today. I used one of the programs on my treadmill and it really kept me guessing. Lots of inclines and speeding up! And I really concentrated on my Pilates workout too.

MOUTH: I've been very pleased with my food lately. I'm really trying to fit those snacks in between meals too. How'm I doing, Amarantha?
Went to a party Mon. night and something told me I'd better eat first--so I made myself a huge protein shake and I'm glad I listened to the little voice because it turned out to be a barbecue buffet! Not much there for a vegetarian! The veg options were mayonaisse laden salads and brownies---So I just grabbed a bottle of water and mingled. No problem and no one even noticed. And I came home and had a piece of toast before bed.

wkgirl
06-22-2005, 03:31 AM
Hello All!
How are you? Im still away from home...backs a bit better...will try to hit gym for first time in a week tomorrow....Will go back to BFL eating tomorrow (I hope)..its hard to resist the 'junk' food when we leave home as we have no fast food where we live so I miss it :o
Im thinking that this last week has probably slowed me down a bit on my 12 week challenge....also the 2 buddies I started it with -1 has quit...the other just got a surprise that she is pregnant....so im solo again...its good to have you gals for support! :)
I want to fit well into the bridesmaid dress for my sister in just over a month so NO MORE CHEATING on the food (sweets usually) for me!!

Eydie-- wow! keep up the good work and planning! I like all kinds of recipes...mostly stirfrys ir spicy or pasta....any of your favs. would be great!
Have a great day...will try to get my food posted here tomorrow- seeing it written down is always a good motivator! :lol:
Karla :df:

deleted2
06-22-2005, 08:00 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
veg. quiche w/ oat crust

apple ***1 lite babybel cheese

veg. 'meatloaf' w/ tomato sauce
1 1/2 c. green beans, onions, peppers
mocha [coffee, 1/2 and 1/2, fruit-sweet. chcolate sauce]

1 slice whole grain bread w/ cream cheese

pizza [ww pita w/ sauce, veg. 'pepperoni', peppers, onions, cheese]

water; 12 glasses
calories: 1770
protein:64 grams
fruit/vegs: 7 serv.

exercise: 55 minutes upper body workout

Amarantha2
06-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Hi, a flybye as I have to go face the mall cookie demons (won't go into this ... details in my journal) ... just wanted to say hi and note to E 'n Karla that you can buy tofu already marinated and also baked, marinated tofu ... it's great, just slice and use like lunchmeat or whatever ... several flavors ... can get at Whole Foods or lots of places. The texture is great.

That said, I'll just say bye now!

deleted2
06-23-2005, 07:20 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 oat.-walnut pancakes w/ butter, honey, strawberries
1 'sausage'

red pepepr strips***1 lite babybel cheese

veg. neatloaf w/ tom. sauce
green beans, onions, peppers, corn
blackberry fruit leather

1 slice whole grain bread w/ cream cheese
1 handful unsweet. carob chips

salad [lettuce, vegs, 4 hard-boiled egg whites. goddess dressing]
1/2 can fruit juice spritzer

1 slice whole grain bread w/ a little butter

water: 10 glasses
calories: ? didn't really measure today
fruit/ vegs: 8 servings

exercise: 2 miles treadmill***lots of 'manual labor' at work

MIND: Found myself feeling "PROWLY" for food today. Know what I mean? That prowly feeling? Even before I went to bed I had to have some toast, looking for comfort, I guess.

MOUTH: Once I got home today, the impulse to eat was definitly there. I hate it when I just compulsively eat those carob chips--I need to just cut myself off from doing that. I don't like it because it reminds me of the old days when I could eat 1/2 bag of REAL chocolate chips before I knew it. Hate that out-of-control feeling.

MUSCLE: Now that I think about it, I was just tired and trying to replenish my energy. We have a very small staff at work and there's a big event happening Friday, and we had to set up a a stage. You have to put it togetehr in sections so we had to haul all the pieces from here to there and then we had to set up over 300 chairs and some tables too. When i finally got home I had to take a quick nap and was going to consider the day's work my exercise, but roused myself to walk a paltry 2 miles on the treadmill--not exactly a heavy cardio workout but it was all I could manage. :)

cacmsc
06-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Hey I wrote on here yesterday and must of never posted it oh! Well at least I had read all the postings. Edyie I didn't know you were a veggie! My daughter has been for 16 years. I always try to come up with something special for get togethers but could use some ideas. So next time she is coming for dinner maybe you can tell me a few of your favorite dishes???????? I took your intake for veggies strips and hummus. Yesterday I had jalopeno hummus with cuke strips to dip with. It was so good! I love to get ideas from others. I finally lost .5lbs not much but now only.5 to go to get back to my lowest level in years. I am trying to really be good with my choice making. If I add a little treat in I make sure its counted. My friend brought in little candy bars yesterday I only had 4 which added up to 165 cal. It was a nice treat I guess. But the whole bag was gone at the end of the day and we only have 7 people in our office. Now that is a lot of calories someone took in. I was pleased that I had some control though. Your pancakes sound great do you make a big batch and then freeze them? I'd love the recipe if you get time.
I added some fresh squeezed lemon into my low cal raspberry dressing it really made a difference. Just took the edge off the low cal taste. And lemons are suppose to be great for us. I added the rest to my water bottle and froze it last night for work today.
I did my shopping for groceries for this weekends camping trip. Hopefully I can stay on track for most of the trip anyways. I sure am going to try!

Amarantha2
06-23-2005, 11:06 AM
:lol: Hi, Firefly!!! That happens to me sometimes!!! Also with work (I'm a reporter/editor) ... I write stories and forget to send 'em and they think I didn't do 'em!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR .5 LOSS!! And good job with the mini candy bars!

E, that was a great job on just sayin' no to considering the stage settin' up your exercise (which is exactly what I would've been thinkin' too)!!! You're doing great with the MMM!!! I love Dr. Peeke's concept ... easy to remember MMM ... they all count! (Note to self: This is NOT about M&Ms! No M&Ms!)

wkgirl
06-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Hello!
Way to go Ladies! You are doing great!:cheer:
I just got home tonight, drove 11 hours home today, then my hubby went in for 12 hr night shift...he is crazy...I dont know he does it...I need my sleep..or :devil:
I havent got back on track with my eating today :o ...
tomorrow my plan is
7am- oatmeal & egg whites
10am- myoplex shake
100pm- salad & 1/2 chick. breast
300pm- fruit & cottage cheese
600pm- salmon/rice/steamed vegs
9pm-protein shake 1/2 banana.(im a night owl-doesnt go well with my sons early rising though! :dizzy:
AND 2 litres water (with lemon and lime slices....yummm)
and to get my membership at gym renewed, do upper body (back permitting)
& get rest of my boxes unpacked, we moved in over 6 weeks ago!!

deleted2
06-24-2005, 10:47 AM
Firefly, congrats on the losing .5 pound. Or should I say 'removing weight', as Pam Peeke says--and Ive also heard 'releasing' weight. Losing it implies we might want to find it again, and that won't happen! ;)

For my pancakes I usually just use a whole grain mix I get at the natural foods store--usually Arrowhead Mills and I add cottage cheese and protein powder in addition to the milk to raise the protein count. Lately I've been into adding mashed sweet potato to the mix too!

Karla, how's your back? Your food plan looks GREAT!!! :D

Amarantha, I was SOOOOO sore after moving all that stuff Wednesday!

deleted2
06-24-2005, 10:57 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
omelette [egg sub., onions and peppers, cheese]
1 slice whole grain toast

1 oz. cheddar
fruit-sweet. peanut butter cookie
little pk. peanuts

bean burrito [from Taco Bell]
1 can fruit juice spritzer

cherries and blueberries
1 pc. ww toast w/ cheese

This was a strange disconnected food day. Breakfast was good, and then we decided to go to a movie. And this is always a big expedition for us because we live far out in the country, and we have to travel at least an hour to the theatre and then when we get there we want to make the trip count so we do as many errands as we can think of. So after the the movie we go to one of those big warehouse grocery clubs to stock up on things, and after that we're ravenous so we go to Taco bell and I filled up on that huge white flour tortilla. Yuck!
I didn't get around to doing my lower body workout until 8:00 and it was just pitiful. It wasn't even half-assed! :lol: I'll try to make up for it Friday.

water: 5 glasses
calories: ?
exercise: 20 min. lower body

wkgirl
06-24-2005, 05:06 PM
hello! quick post then im off to do more unpacking....
foods good so far...not enough water though...havent scheduled workout but hopefully when hubby wakes i can go..
i put a pic of my son for my profile pic ...now i just have to get one of me downloaded!! :lol:
See ya later
Karla

Amarantha2
06-25-2005, 12:49 AM
Lookin' good, BFLers!!! Keep trekkin' ... I pulled out my BFL For Women book and took it to work today as it was such an extended day ... keeps me steady to reread parts of it. I really like the book!

Braindead now and going to bed soon!

deleted2
06-25-2005, 09:08 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ff milk, 1/2 banana, 1 cup strawberries, whey protein

Salad [lettuce, vegs, 2 string cheese, legere's dressing]

Peanuts

lentil soup
ww tortilla w/ 2 soy 'hot dogs', mustard, onions
2 honey-sweet. macaroons***cherries

calories: 1400
protein: 72 grams
fruit/ vegs: 8 serv.

MIND: I was alone at home today so my project was to get a lot done around the house. I really overslept today which is odd for me--maybe I was trying to put the housework off!

MOUTH: I got so involved with things that I quite literally forgot to eat! That doesn't happen often, believe me. ;) Very pleased with my choices today.

MUSCLE: I ended up mowing the grass today with the push mower. I was using the riding one, but something broke on it so I fired up the push one and mowed for 2 1/2 hours. It was a real workout too--I wasn't just fritzing around. Truth is, I kinda overdid it, but I was determined to do it. It was hard work, but it looks so good. Much better than when we use the riding mower.

Amarantha2
06-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Go, E!!! Great job on the MMM ... that lawn work really works up a sweat, doesn't it? Keep a'goin'!

deleted2
06-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Yes it does, Amarantha! And it's having a snowball effect. It looks so good that this morning I got up at 6:00 and worked 1 1/2 hours in the garden so it would all 'match'! :D

Have to go to work today. I'm there for 4 hours to give tours to anyone that should come by. Have my food all packed and I've already done my upper body stuff for the day, so I'm golden. :cool:

I've discovered lately that I really don't enjoy eating out anymore, I'd much rather eat at home. I'm becoming quite the food snob. :snooty: :lol: A friend asked me if it's because I'm tempted when I go out and that's not it--I just don't want the white flour, white rice and hidden sugars. I enjoy going out. I have to find a couple of places that i feel good about, and don't have eater's remorse after.

Amarantha2
06-25-2005, 01:21 PM
I know how that is, E!! When I did the penance lawn work for three weeks, it started to look so nice out there that I don't think I can give it up! So soon's it starts growin' back (after the monsoon likely), I'm gonna do more penance! :)

Gonna eat cake today ... courtesy o' BFL for Women. Details on journal and also posted on the royal thread.

It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta!

wkgirl
06-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Hello! Looks like you ladies are busy today too!
Just got back from 17 garage sales(i think we have the most per capita--only 7000 people!) and got some cute toys for my son( but no bookshelf!)---then off to a birthday party-then to round up some camoflauge gear to decorate our water station tomorrow when we volunteer for the triathalon(thought id be prego by now so I didnt train to join a team :( )
Stuck to the food yesterday but snuck in some easter egg chocolates that the dear mom-i-l sent up with us on trip...soo hard to avoid tempt. on days im tired and the other 4 people in the house dont eat it fast enough!! might have to get a combination lock for that cupboard! :lol:
Had a great tuna salad on spinach for lunch- by accident found that roasted red pepper salad dressing and tuna go great together!
Was up late creating/cleaning a flood at 11pm last night...if only there was a camera id win funniest home videos for sure! As i cleaned the mess from the first hose leaking from the washer....behind my back the unconnected end of another was running full force under the stairs where Id just re-placed all our boxes and junk.....so Im madly mopping wondering how there could be so much water..then turned around and my expression must've been priceless! :yikes:Lets just say 1 hour, lots of towels and sweat later...i iput those hoses back on so tight the next renters will never have a problem!!
hopefully this was enough for a workout...i never made it to the gym yesterday...gotta try tonight :p
Have a good day!
Karla

deleted2
06-26-2005, 03:12 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
scrambled egg sub. w/ spinach, peppers, onions, cheese

red bean soup
ww tortilla w/ cheese, guacamole, spinach, onion
cucumber strips
mango fruit leather

peanuts***apple

2 ww w/ 2 soy hot dogs, ff cheese, mustard, onions
honey-sweet pistachio halvah

calories: 1505
protein: 72 grams

exercise: 1 1/2 hours gardening
40 min. upper body stuff

Everything looks great in the garden and hopefully we'll have tomatoes, cukes, yellow squash, green beans and peppers soon. And the blueberries are hanging heavy on the bushes too. Woo Hoo! :D

Nobody came for tours today and I almost feel asleep at work. Should've gotten up and moved around more. Always bothers me when I get drowsy like that---is that normal? :?:

wkgirl
06-27-2005, 02:26 AM
HellO!
Good job Eydie!

Day 38 on BFL
I Went for a jog/walk today with friends for my BFL cardio-ran for 18 mins!
Food-
WW bread natural pb sf jam
pro. shake & banana
1 1/2 burgers 1 1/2 cookies
1/2 can beef veg soup
chick breast /veggie kabobs sm baked potato
glass 1% milk 3 choc eggs

8 glass water

Not a cheat day so dont know how the 'cheats' got in there! :lol:
Gotta do weights in early am tomorrow...
Down 3 more lbs this week but waiting to see if they stay off to change my tracker!!

How is everybody??
Anyone have a good ww waffle recipe??
Bye :)

Amarantha--where does your journal live??

deleted2
06-27-2005, 07:10 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
brocolli quiche
1 slice ww bread w/ lite cream cheese
1 oz. cheddar
blueberries, strawberries, cherries w/ plain yogurt
cantalope
2 small chocolate-almond biscotti [sweet. w/ rice syrup]

1 slice ww / lo-fat cheese
salad [spinach, vegs, tofu, goddess dressing]
2 pcs. honey-sweet pistachio halvah

2 ww w/ lo-fat cheese
blueberries

Calories: 1800 [I'm guessing]
water: 5 glasses [don't know why I had so little]
exercise: none [free day]

I had some friends over for breakfast today so that was definitely my big meal of the day--but Sunday breakfast always is here. It was a great feast but I took only small amounts.
Really meant to get around to doing a little yoga and/or Pilates today but it wasn't in the cards.

Day 281 of no refined sugar!!!! :D

Amarantha2
06-28-2005, 12:54 AM
You are doin' so well!!! :cheer:

Wk, I think there's a WW waffle recipe in one of my Sugar Bust for Life With the Brennans cookbooks. The Brennans own (or owned, it was awhile ago) Brennans restaurant in New Orleans and the two cookbooks follow the Sugar Busters WOE, which is totally compatible with BFL ... I'll look for the recipe tomorrow and pm it to you if you want it or if E doesn't come up with one ... congrats on your 38th day!

E, congratulations on Day 281 ... I lost count of mine ... anyhow I cheated so it wouldn't be valid, I guess! :) Almost did today but a diet soft drink saved me, even though I don't believe in artificial sweeteners, it still helped ... not the Splenda kind, though.

wkgirl
06-28-2005, 02:04 AM
Hi All!
Did my upper body workout today--sure felt like more than 46 minutes! Also been wearin my pedometer to up my activity...almost at 12000 steps today!
food-
coffee 1% & splenda& ww waffles & 2 egg whts 1 wh egg
1/2 myplex shake 1 powerbar
carrots, beans. 1/2 pc tst
protein plus bar
ww bun, 1 1/2 jalap smokies, 7 grain salad, 1/4 cup 4 bean salad
glass milk & strawberries

Only 6 glasses H2O

Id love a ww waffle recipe...I tried one this am & it was ok...
How is everyone?

deleted2
06-28-2005, 07:20 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
veg. quiche***curried sweet potatoes

1 oz. cheddar

veg. 'meat loaf' w/ toamto sauce
blueberries and strawberries

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 pcs. honey-sweet. pistachio halvah

1 serv. tortilla chips w/ avocado salsa

pizza [ww pita w/ sauce, spinach, peppers, onions, cheese]
cantalope

calories: 1930 [wow! :o ]

exercise: 40 min. lower body/ abs
15 min. Pilates
200 jumping jacks

I feel like I ate all day long. Just feeling prowly for food. I don't know what's going on there--I'm feling good and positive, don't know why I want to eat when I'm not really hungry. Calories got out of hand today. :o

Good workout today. Really put my heart into it!

deleted2
06-29-2005, 06:54 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
blueberries, cherries, 1/2 banana w/ maple yogurt, Ezikiel cereal

1 oz. cheddar

salad [spinach, vegs, tofu, lo-fat Italian]

2 pcs. pistachio halvah

pizza [ww pita w/ sauce, spinach, peppers, onions]
1 ww graham cracker w/ fudge sauce [fruit-sweet!], marshmallow creme [rice syrup sweet!]

water: 5 glasses [why so little? :( ]
calories: 1755
exercise: 30 min. treadmill

Today was my anniversary [Well my husband's too, of course! ;) ]. We had breakfast out on the deck this morning and that was such a pleasant way to start the day--must do more of that.

I cannot impress enough how I did NOT want to exercise today. I came home tired and took a little nap thinking that would revive me, but it didn't. My one desire was to just lie there and do nothing but watch TV and read alittle. My mind was racing trying its best to justify my doing nothing and blowing off my workout.
But good sense prevailed and I hauled my carcass over to the treadmill and walked 30 minutes----just 30 minutes, and I felt good about it. I would NOT have felt good about being a slug.

Tomorrow's project: MORE WATER!!!!

Amarantha2
06-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Great job on draggin' over to do the workout, E!!! That ol' crone I spoke about on the royal's thread 'n my journal hath woken A up early and muttered imprecations about DIRE consequences if she doth not go to gym. So I'm hopin' to drag myself there. Have felt off exercise for a long time ... must do it, though.

WK, I found two waffle recipes in the Sugar Bust for Life books ... think one was pecan praline waffles and another was almond oatmeal waffles, they both use SGWW (stone ground whole wheat) and they are not as decadent as they sound and have no sugar or white flour in 'em. I will pm the recipes later today (kind o' runnin' on empty now) unless you have something similar and don't want 'em ... let me know if that's the case. I don't want to post copyright material on the thread ... E, if you want these recipes I will also pm to thee.

wkgirl
06-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Happy Anniversary Eydie! How many years?
Way to go on draggin yerself to do exercise.....i ran yesterday and do NOT feel like doing legs cuz im so sore...will delay it til tonight anyway!

Am: would love those recipes....Thanks!!

Keep up the good work ladies!!

Amarantha2
06-29-2005, 04:19 PM
Sent, Wk! :)

deleted2
06-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Karla, 19 years of blissful [more or less :lol: ] marriage! How was your LBWO?

Amarantha, yes please I'd love the waffle recipes. Pecan praline---mmmm....BTW Am, it's really helped with my exercise mojo to do BFL, because of the workout plan in the book. I'm bound and determined to see it thru. I can't believe that I'm already in the 4th week of it. How did that happen?

Amarantha2
06-29-2005, 10:37 PM
I'll send in a sec, E!!!

And it happened 'cause YOU are amazin' and intrepid ... never doubt it!!!

'N Karla you are likewise amazin' 'n intrepid ... you're really doin' great!

This thread has helped get me focused on the BFL path also, even though I'm not doin' a formal "transformation."

One of the trainers I like at the gym came by when I was doin' chest today and was givin' me some WTG and "that's the way" encouragement ... it really does help when we are encouraged and able to talk about and hear about healthy living, which is what BFL is about, IMO. So I've been "pumped" also by the successes of you'all here on the thread!!!

Ok, will send recipes.

deleted2
06-30-2005, 08:53 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
scrambled egg sub. w/ ff cheese, soy 'sausage'

bluberry-corn muffin

pizza [ww pita w/ sauce, spinach, onions, pepers, lo-fat cheese]
blueberry fruit leather

2 pcs. pistachio-currant halvah

brocolli quiche w/ oat crust
1 ww graham cracker w/ fruit-sweet. fudge sauce and rice-sweet. marshmallow creme

calories: 1850
protein: 83 grams
exercise: 40 min. upper body stuff

Calories too high again today. I guess I could whittle them down a abit if I laid off the halvah. It's just so delicious, and so easy to make that it's my new mini-addiction. And it's a good hit of protein for 'candy' too. See how I'm trying to justify my halvah habit? :lol:

Borrowed a huge pan from work yesterday and made a monstrous quiche. 28 pieces from one pan! So expect to see that on my menus a lot! It freezes really well too. I love to have stuff like that around.

Okay, friends--I need to concentrate on losing weight. I'm still there with my initial loss and now I need to get it going down again. I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 137 pounds. I was going to wait till July 4 to weigh but I got curious.

Thanks for the waffle recipes, Amarantha! I'm going to try them this weekend. ;)

wkgirl
06-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Hello!
Been busy with the hubby and buying/shipping stuff for our new land(240 acres)
so Tues I ran 3 mins walk 1 for 30 mins....Wed I walked 1 hour with hubby and did at home 'legs' lunges, squats etc..
Tues food
2 ww waffles strawberries/ dr whip (1% milk)
Bean Salad Cottage cheese
Myoplex Shake(made w milk) & ww crackers lwf cheese
Blkned Chick Salad 1/2 pc foccacia brd. ( 6 fries off sons plate)
strawberries & nonfat yogurt

Wed.
Break.burrito(egg whts, lf cheese, salsa, nonfat sour crm) 2x water
coffee -1% milk, splenda
Shake made with H20
2 water 1 1/2 hot pepp. sticks..1 oz lf cheese
Rooiboos tea
1 hard taco w moose meat, lf sr crm, lf chs, onion, beans
diet ice tea

Today is free day...for eating...but Im still going to try and go for my walk/run :)
I now have 3 kids instead of one...so everything takes more time and is more messy!
Amarantha- thanks for the recipes! Keep going on your exercise!
Eydie-Wow 19 yrs! We celebrated 4 last month! :dizzy: My upper b wk was good! I went up in weight on my triceps and shoulders....running the next day sure hurt my 'pecs' though...need some more sports bras..any suggestions?? its been a while since I ve been shopping in that area..seems there is an awful lot of selection now.....
Im getting close to the 180's!! Im now the lightest Ive been in about 3 years! Sure feels great! BFL is hard work though..I dread the soreness..and sometimes immobility the following days!! :D
Keep up the good work :cheer:
Have a great day ladies!
Karla :cool:

wkgirl
06-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Forgot this--yesterday i somehow got up to 14,238 steps! Guess I had a busy day!!(kids can do that to you!)
Karla :lol:

Amarantha2
06-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Lookin' good there wk 'n E!!!

How do you make halvah? :)

Speakin' o' losin' weight, I have downloaded the pc version of Fitday and LOVE it; it's so much better than the online and so much better than Dietpower, which messed up my computer. I determined that I could reach a lower goal of 130 by the end o' October with just a teeeny bit more effort, so have changed my goal weight. Will be using BFL and low gi principles, as well as keepin' cals to the very comfortable level Fitday has come up with.

deleted2
06-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Karla, you're doing great! I know what you mean about being 'afraid' [for lack of a better word] about being sore after a workout. Those lunges are really tough for me for some reason. I don't think that they should be so hard, but my quads really hurt for the next 48 hours or so. Getting better though. After I did it the first time, the next day I was walking sideways like a crab! :lol:

Can't help you with the sports bra question. I'm not really blessed in that area--I barely need one at all except for decency. :o

Amarantha, are you sure you want to know how to make halvah? I'll reveal the secret but only if you're sure........

deleted2
06-30-2005, 09:11 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

sm. pk. peanuts
cashew-pecan bar [smuggled in at the movies!]

1/2 small serv. veg. shepherd's pie
2 pcs. asparagus quiche [had this at a restaurant]

Left home early to run errands and see a movie. After getting out of the theater I was ravenous and when we got to the restaurant they'd already sold out of most of the day's offerings so we went with the little shepherd's pie thingy and quiche. It was delicious but so rich and I shudder to think how much butter and cream was in it. I like my egg beaters and cottage cheese quiche much better, becasue it's just better for me. I've GOT to find some restaurants I feel good about. In retrospect I wish I'd just had one of their smoothies. I was blinded by hunger, I guess. :^:
I don't know about the calories today but I daresay they were pretty high. :(

Almost forgot---exercise today was 1/2 hour on the treadmill. Really hoofed it too!

Tomorrow: the lower body workout and those dreaded lunges! :devil:

Amarantha2
07-01-2005, 12:21 AM
Upon reflection, E, I DON'T think I wanna know how to make halvah! :)

But what is this cashew-pecan bar thing I spy in your menu? :s:

wkgirl
07-01-2005, 01:12 AM
Hello!
Had my 'free day today...feeling pretty sugar overloaded...dont think Ill need another free day for a while...
I dont like those lunges either E!
Is your quiche hard to make?? the only one ive made is from frozen hashbrowns, lots of eggs & cheese and a little vegs...yours sound delish!
Im doing weights tomorrow...didnt run today but rode my bike with my new bike seat for my son attached...sure feel the burn going uphill w 30 xtra lbs!!OUCH!
Have a good weekend..Ill try to catch up after my busy canada day tomorrow!
Bye
Karla

deleted2
07-01-2005, 08:13 AM
Am, the cashew-pecan bar is something I picked up at a health food store. It's really good and satisfying; I don't think that it would fit in with your Sugar Busters diet though because the bar is held together with dates.

Karla, when I make quiche I really load it with vegetables--I think it's more vegs than anything and the eggs and cottage cheese just hold it all together. And I usually make it with an oat crust because I suspect that I have a slight wheat allergy and like to cut back where I can.

Our little meditation group is meeting at our house tonight and I have to make refreshments for after, so I'll be eating a little late tonight. I'm going to try to keep the calories light today.

I'm reminded of that ancient joke. "I've always been a light eater---when it gets light I commence to eatin'!" :lol:

cacmsc
07-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Amarantha hey where did you post your recipes? I sure would like to have them too! I love to cook and always looking for new things. So tell me do you do no white sugar or white flour at all? I have heard of doing this but never have tried it out. Maybe I should give it a shot? Tell me a bit about it if you don't mind? YOUR MAKING SUCH GOOD CHANGES.
Today I went on the scale it was up 2lbs. but maybe Tom is on his way to visit. Some months he does some he doesn't. I wish he'd go on a permanent vacation! At any rate I haven't been to the gym but have been swimming and doing other stuff. So I feel my exercise level hasn't been too bad but different than my norm. I am trying not to let the inc. get to me as it my just be water wt. I did slip in a few extras this week too. So who knows better to beaware than not of what that dang scale reads. I have packed some healthy foods for camping but will be having some barbecued ribs. I will stay away from the bacon and sausage this weekend. I plan on making a omelet with veggies and salsa. That will be my healthier way. My friends we go with cook the breakfast but they will just have to understand. So I will try to be better with my choices. Edyie congrats on your success and your anniversary too! Karla your doing great keep it up. Catch yah all on monday when I return from camp. I am still trying to get over my case of poisonivy from the last trip. It was those dum little berries I had to have in the woods.

Amarantha2
07-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Cacmsc, I pm'd the two waffle recipes to E and Karla because they aren't mine, they are from Sugar Bust with the Brennan's, I & II, two cookbooks written by the owners of Brennan's restaurant in New Orleans. Didn't post 'em for everyone as they are copyright material ... will pm them to you a bit later in the day! :)

I stay away from refined white sugar, white flour and white flour products as well as some other high glycemic items (actually white sugar is NOT that high glycemic, it's just bad for me). Sometimes I cheat, though. :)

You are doing great with your eating and excercise. Sorry about the poison ivy.

Gotta go finish some work.

deleted2
07-01-2005, 11:33 AM
cacmsc, good to see you again. Have fun camping! I haven't been camping in a hundred years, but we're giving some thought to rigging up a sleeping porch kinda thing so we can sleep outside. I'm thinking it'll involve lots of mosquito netting....

Kaylets
07-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Well, it took since the beginning of the challenge but it FINALLY HAPPENED.
DH and I were at the gym, did our bike/treadmill routine and then used 6-- yes, count'em, 6 resistance machines!! We both know we will feel it tomororw but not to worry.... I am very excited !!

Of course, now I wonder what our delay was but maybe it happening today was a very good thing as our experience at the gym is one of few positives of the day.....
short story for those who don't know me .... grown children issues.... for those who do know me, the details on the other thread.....

BUT the point is WE DID IT!! All machines but 1 I had to start at the absolute lowest level but if I hadn't statred today, I'd still be at the same level...Now I can look forward to progress!!

Looks like some folks are seeing losses w/ their weight training.... Anyone see an initial gain at the beginning???

I'm not too stressed about a gain as I think I am definitely below my goal weight which was my "excuse" for not starting earlier... I was so close to my Weight Watchers Goal weight I didnt want to risk a gain....

anyway.....

Did I mention WE DID IT??

Amarantha2
07-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Kaylets, I've been weight training for a long time, but a few years ago when I started with the trainer to lift heavy, I did gain some weight that everyone at gym told me was attributable to weights. And each time I do a layoff and then start up again with trainer (and there is HUGE difference for me when I use the trainer, just like night and day), I gain some pounds.

I think this is common, but BELIEVE me, building muscle will result not only in a net weight loss (in time) but in a smaller and healthier and more youthful body, plus greater self-esteem and self-confidence ... GOOD FOR YOU FOR STARTING YOUR CHALLENGE! :cheer:

deleted2
07-02-2005, 08:59 AM
So nice to have Kaylets here! Yep, you did it! When's your next training day? I want to know all the details. How do you feel today?

deleted2
07-02-2005, 09:05 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ww 'everything' bagel with lite cream cheese

2 pcs. ww focaccia w/ pesto and tomatoes
2 veg. 'meat' balls

small pc. veg. quiche

small pc. veg. quiche
2 small pcs. foccacia
2 'meat'balls w/ tahini sauce
cherries** 2pcs, halvah

exercise: 50 min. lower body workout

Amarantha2
07-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Go, E!!! :cheer: Looks like a delish menu!!!

wkgirl
07-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Hi! welcome Kaylets!:wave:
Food yesterday was good but too many candies snuck in there! The parade for Canada Day was overflowing withthem!
today I ve stuck to plan...
turkey bacon & egg whites
nectarine
fresh bread & lf crm chs
ww tortilla lf chs turkey quesillada salsa & lf sr crm
myplex shake w milk
corn on cob, rstd chkn breast, spinach salad
? if hungry b4 bed

Exercise
yesterday: legs/abs...ouch IHATE LUNGES
good workout though..went up on calves and leg press,
Today...
either 45 min walk or 30 min run/walk..depends if I have to take my son who is choking me rigth now asking for a 'monkey' (monnhee) ride....better go b4 i cant breathe
keep up good work ladies!
Have a good long weekend!
karlra

deleted2
07-03-2005, 07:53 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
brocolli quiche

smoothie [strawberries, banana, apple juice, milk, peanut butter]

pita w/ felafel, lettuce, tomato, cucumber sauce
1/2 clif 'nectar' bar

2 ww /w cheese
peach
1 pc. halvah

exercise: none--decided to make this my free day. We were gone all day, so I had the smoothie and felafel out in the world today, so I don't know the calorie count.

Amarantha2
07-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Good work, E 'n Karla! :cheer:

Cac, hope you are having fun camping. I haven't sent you the recipes yet but will. Kinda behind in work.

K, keep totin' those weights!

wkgirl
07-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Hello!
Just found out I m expecting another baby! Were so excited! This is what happened last time....I was really into my workouts and then had to cut back! :lol:
Anyone know how BFL and pregnancy can go together?? Last time I did light cardio and light weights but didnt keep it up as I didnt feel i was 'doing' anything!
Well, going for a walk today, and still eating pretty healthy!
How are you ladies?
Have a great day!
Karla

Amarantha2
07-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Congratulations, Karla! :wave:

I think the BFL for Women book does address pregnancy. I'll pull out my copy and let ya know ... or E can as she's been doing the book the longest.

Kaylets
07-03-2005, 09:11 PM
HEllo all!

Congrats Karla! How exciting! Being fit and strong during pregnancy is a great thing for you and baby! I too, am following the others on this so I can't offer any advice about how to adapt your program.... Personally, I always go w/ what makes sense to me....

Am pleased to announce we hit the weight machines again during our visit to the gym today... and I found that great inner thigh machine that only the ladies like to use.... and found another pull down type of machine that might help w/ the jiggle on my upper arms...

so.....

there you have it....

A brand new adventure....

deleted2
07-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Yay, Karla! :D Wonderful news---and about the exercise, even if you feel like you're not really doing anything, I'd keep doing it, becasue you'll stay in the habit and it'll be easier for you to go harder post-pregnancy. I've never been pregnant but it works for me when I'm not feeling well, to just do a little something.

Hoorah for Kaylets and her trip to the gym! So you're doing upper and lower at a go, right? I've been contemplating the BFL [4 women] schedule and I'm only doing upper body stuff 3 times in 2 weeks and that doesn't seem like nearly enough. Or is it? Any thoughts? I'm at least going to eliminate the no-exercise day and fit in another workout. Amarantha, you have the book so you know the schedule I'm talking about---what do you think?

Not posting yesterday's food journal, because I didn't write it down. Today I'm back on track though. Be it known far and wide though that I went for a 7 mile hike as my exercise for July 3-----THAT I remember! :lol:

wkgirl
07-05-2005, 02:27 AM
Hello! HOw was your weekends?
I had a good, but busy one....stayed pretty much on track for food, got in lots of steps, and played a saoftball game (one of my last??)
Way to go to all of you on your progress!
Gotta get some sleep.... ;)
KArla:df:

cacmsc
07-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Karla how exciting good news! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would try your best just to eat healthy and exercise as much as your feeling is working for you. Don't over do it but staying in shape makes a big difference in the end!
Camping was fun I have a great tan, yes I had lotion on. But I still got a little burnt at first it has turned tan already. Nice to get ready for work and not need much makeup. That is a plus! I am on a lets make the scale move week! I hope it works if not at least I will be eating healthy and exercising both +'s! I will do the scale on friday this week a chance to get in shape first. I didn't do too bad this weekedn one snack that I enjoyed for lunch was instead of crackers cuke slices w/ jalopeno hummus. It hit the spot! I did have a bit of cheese and a few extra treats. I didn't do to bad thought. I did a lot of hiking and fishing put them back of course, boating. It was a beautiful weekend with weather nice all the time. We could hear the waves bouncing against the shorelines. The waters were a bit rough for a couple of days.Well off to a positive start this week, exercising at the gym today, swimming later if it doesn't rain. Healthy intake planned ahead! Have a great day everyone! I will wait for the recipes thanks!

deleted2
07-05-2005, 10:48 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
cheddar stick
ww tortilla w/ lite cream cheese, all-fruit jam, cooked apples

brown rice chips w/ humuus

spelt pasta salad w/ lots of vegs.
steamed asparagus
small pc. ww pesto bread
sugar-free Klondike bar

ANOTHER sugar-free Klondike bar

veg. corn dog
roasted potatoes w/ tom. sauce
blueberries and peach

calories: didn't really count them today
exercise: 1 hour walk
50 min. upper body

Good workout today---but the main lesson of the day is I can't have Klondike bars in the house!!!! They may be sugar-free but they trigger my food cravings something fierce! :o

redballoon
07-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Hi people. Eydie, got your message. I'm posting this so I start getting email notifications. I still lift heavy, can't get away from it, but actually it's not that heavy anymore really at all, not compared to what I used to do. My big downfall is my diet. Being a vegetarian, it does make getting protein without all the calories in difficult. But, I can do it easily enough. It's also a lack of consistency on my part. Everyone around me now is on diets for the bodybuilding contests coming up. Anyhow, maybe if I hang out on this thread I will be motivated to get the fat off......again. :)

Amarantha2
07-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Hi, E, CAC, Karla and welcome to Red Balloon! Everyone is doing splendidly on this thread!

E, those Klondike bars are EVIL ... shun 'em!!! :yikes:

deleted2
07-06-2005, 07:54 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 eggs and egg sub., scrambled w/ a little cottage cheese and dilled goat cheese
3 pcs. soy 'bacon'

1 cup cherries

small salad [lettuce, vegs, cheese, light Italain]
4 pcs. halvah

2 ww w/ lite swiss, onion, pepper, brocolli slaw, mustard
a few brown rice chips
peach

calories: 1880
20 min. Pilates

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY, REDBALLOON! ;)

wkgirl
07-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Hello everybody!
Welcome Redballoon!
I just went for my ubw, and I think I didnt lighten up quite enough on the weights...its hard to turn my mentality around as last week I was lifting as hard as I could :)
Been wanting lots of junk food lately...i think its all in my head....but will resist today!
Hope you have a great day!

cacmsc
07-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Welcome Red Balloon! Well this has been quite a week I went to the casino and won 2,000 dollars on a 50 cent bet, then played a little longer with my orginal money and won another 191.00. I going to put some in the bank for a trip to see the kids next spring in Hawaii. Today I am off after work to go shopping just to buy a few new things. I have a wedding on the 22nd and need something new. Never have I even walked out with any extra funds before!
As far as the diet goes its been not so bad this week other than last night I ate out and had some garlic bread. I just couldn't resist. But no eating between meals lately not sure why just kind of haven't not a bad thing. Less calories overall the past few days. I will do the scale thing on friday. I have a weekend with friday night out for dinner, sunday out for lunch buffet style. So I will have to make some good choices and if I eat in between those events health it won't be so bad.
wkgirl when I increase my exercise level I always seem to want more to eat I think its just our bodies adjusting. I take some fruit with me and eat it on the way home. I need to get to the gym today!
I have been making better choices lately but eating garlic bread wasn't one of them thats for sure. I will attempt to do better today.
Edyie your intakes always look so good, keep it up girl!

deleted2
07-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Congrats on your big winnings, cacmsc! Did you find something fabulous for the wedding? :)

deleted2
07-07-2005, 01:10 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ww tortilla w/ egg sub, lite cheddar
strawberries

lunch at Indian restaurant

rice milk 'ice cream' bar [rice syrup sweet.]

cucumber sticks
3 pcs. halvah

water: 2 glasses [not good! My excuse is I was gone all day and didn't want to excite my little bird bladder.]
exercise: I got home late and did my lbwo, but not really excited about it. Will probably redo on Thursday.

redballoon
07-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Hi people. Thanks for the welcomes. Prob is I really don't know what to post about. Eydie asked me to come over but I'm not on the Body for Life program and am not interested in it. I gave the book a look and was really turned off by the hype. Saw the video and that was inspiring but I'm not one for following programs, especially when they include selling products, like this one did with their supplements. So... hmmm....maybe I shouldn't be here.

I have done weight training for over 20 years, so when it comes to that I know a lot. But I don't know, you all are probably more intersted in the diet part than the weights, right? Most women are. Most women don't like muscle or being strong. Can't understand why. I love how I feel being strong, am around bodybuilders all the time. Anyhow, maybe I can come here to help get lean again. That is my downfall. Not really caring about that part. :lol: Well, Eydie, you seem to have a great clean diet. What are you goals with this program and why did you pick Body for Life? Just interested.

Later! :wave:

Amarantha2
07-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Well, RB, I'm not on BFL for Women officially either (although I love the book and am loosely following BFL principles). I've been a sort of cheerleader on this thread to support E, Karla 'n CAC, as well as anyone else who posts ... not sure if I left anyone out ... but if so, apologies 'n keep a'goin' everyone!!!

E, I SO hear ya on the water thing. My trainer bugs me about drinkin' more as she's a water saint herownself! :lol: I've been doin' really well on that front for that reason.

Ok, I can't stand it, how do ye make halvah? What does it taste like. Does it have sugar in it?

CAC, I think that's what BFL is all about ... a chance to make some "bad" choices and feel good about 'em. In the "For Women" book, Dr. Peeke kind of amends the original BFL advice to have a whole "free" day but treats are not to be shunned by any means. You're doin' great.

Karla, dunno, I really wanna go heavy this month but find myself so likin' a light day of lifting every other weight workout now. Seems to kind of remind the muscles to stay sharp but rest up and stretch out in the meantime. You're doin' great!

Adios guys. I have to go to work soon.

avwoolf
07-07-2005, 10:51 PM
hello everyone,

This is a big step for me today. I have read many of the posts in 3FC for years. At least since 2002, I think. Reading those posts over the years have always helped me lose weight, but that is the problem, I always lose weight--and then it comes back. I get within pounds of my goal (20, 15, last year at 149 pounds, I was within 4 pounds), then I get discouraged, stop paying attention, and I slowly gain in back within a few months. THen, of course, I start over and do it again. One the positive side, I started 2 years ago at 188, and for the first time in my life, I kept some of it off. I exercise every morning (when I am firing on all cylinders--and I have been for about a month now) I think I know the nutrition stuff, and I don't have an eating disorder.

but I need to believe it is possible, I need support. I just started counting calories again one week ago, and I got on the dreaded scale. 173.8 Your conversations on this and related "royal" threads has always been inspirational to me, but when I "leave," you don't know I am gone, and I am not accountable to anyone. I started reading this one which was started in June. I love the accountability, the kind and thoughtful cheerleading, the logging, and the vegetarianism (I have been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for almost 30 years).

May I join you on this (though I don't do BFL) or one of the other focused challenge sites???? I am up for anything.

Thanks for listening.

deleted2
07-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Hi Redballoon! I'm not doing Bill Phillips Body For Life; there's a faily new book by Pamela Peake called Body For Life For Women and IMO it's quite different from the original. Real food instead of lots of protein powders [not that there's anything wrong with that! :lol: ], and it really is geared more towards women.
I chose it because I needed something different and the idea of getting leaner and building muscle appeals to me--- and I'm with you, I love how I feel after lifting, strong and capable of just about anything! I really want to pursue it more and more. And I admit it, I wouldn't mind dropping a few pounds too! ;)

Amarantha, I'll post the halvah recipe tomorrow. And of course it doesn't have refined sugar in it! :D I have a carob version that probably doesn't need any sweetener at all since carob's so sweet.

deleted2
07-07-2005, 10:57 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ww tortilla w/ egg sub, light cheese, 2 soy 'bacon'

1 cup mega green [a drink made with fruit juices and spirulina and other 'greens']

6 veg. 'meatballs' w/ godess sauce
cucumber, carrot and red pepper stix w/ hummus
cherries

1 oz. peanuts

2 ww toast w/ lite Swiss, brocolli slaw, onions
4 veg. 'meatballs'
cucumber, and red pepper stix w/ humuus
cherries

calories: 1760

exercise: 30 min. Pilates
30 min. tae bo
50 min. lower body/ abs stuff

deleted2
07-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Welcome, avwoolfe! We must have been posting at the same time. I'd be honored if you joined us here and I'll support you in any way I can---just let me know.
I'm so familiar with the cycle of getting so close to my goal and then something goes off in my mind and the self-sabotage [or something] sets in. I've never quite figured that one out, just something that human beings do, I guess! My journey to reach my goal weight took me about 6 years. I started out at 182 pounds and now I'm at 137 pounds. My goal weight was 135 pounds and now I'm going for 130 pounds.

Are you doing any specific program now? And food plan that you follow? I'm thrilled to see that you're a veg. too! Always interesting to see a new twist, so feel free to share your menus.

You're right, you need to believe it's possible, and let me be the first to tell you that it IS possible. Just find the joy in it and don't give up. For me it was 4 steps forward, 3 steps back, but it's so worth it!

avwoolf
07-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Hi Eydie

I don't really follow a food plan. In fact, I am hopelessly out of step--I love carbs pasta, rice, bread, but I almost always use basamati rice and whole grain bread. I try to use whole wheat pasta, and I like it, but sometimes my kids complain (though luckily not always). I also love olive oil, cheese, and butter. I try to use the butter and olive sparingly, a tsp or two on veggies or to cook an egg. Olive oil, a little more, I love to cook!

I count calories, and I try to stay between 1350 and 1500. I exercise every morning--cardio right now, 48 minutes a day to match my age. I have to get back to the weights. I have a membership at a very good gym. Getting back there is the next thing on my list.

Breakfast
1 slice of whole grain and nut bread
3/4 oz provolone cheese
diced tomatoes
fresh diced pineapple
fresh strawberries

Lunch
small slice homemade lasgane
(eggplant, spinach, peppers, smoked mozz)
strawberries and pineapple

Dinner
Went to farmer's market
zuchinni
mushrooms
onions
potato
cauliflower
1 tbsp olive oil for stirfrying

4 TLC whole grain crackers and 1/2 oz cheese (while I nervously typed my first post)

1380 calories

cacmsc
07-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Avwoolf welcome aboard! This is a site with not too many folks but supportive and helpful. Eydie wow you have almost met your goal wt. I didn't realize I guess. Congrats and I am sure you will reach it soon. Your doing great!
I used that crazy square thing that hangs out in my bathroom closet. It read that I am up a few lbs. But I am hoping its wrong and some water wt. is on today. I ate some guoda smoked cheese and greek olives last night for dinner. They were kind of salty. I thought I was eating pretty good this week? Oh well I do know I have been skipping going to the gym because I have been swimming etc. Maybe thats not so smart? I am going to set a goal for myself to get there at least 3 times a wk. I also have so many events coming up I need to be good inbetween those! Oh how frustrated one can get! My clothes seem to be fitting fine thats one good thing I don't feel I have put wt. on. Maybe its a fluke?????????????????? At any rate a move forward not backwards is important so I will make some adjustments now!
I found a dress for the wedding its kind of different fun like. It is blk, gray light wt. scraf material over laying the lining, sleeveless, tank top neckline and the design on it is long swirls, angle cut bottom with a pointed type length different lengths. Hard to really tell yah I guess. Your all probably thinking I've lost it! Hah Hah! This is out of the norm kind of dress for me but fun looking. I have strap heels blk. and will make a new necklace out of black onyx and silver and a braclet to match. Fun stuff need to live it up a bit! My sisters will think I've lost my mine! At anyrate it was a bargin and I would of paid more for it as it fit great. I went into an expense store with designer stuff and didn't feel great in any of it. So back to Penney's who cares where yah get it?
Well talk to you all soon! I am going to the gym today for sure. EVEN GOING TO TAKE SOME PERSONNAL TIME THIS AFTERNOON to do it!!!!

deleted2
07-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Wow, avwoolf, your menu looks incredible! So that's it then, we're all coming to have lunch at your place! :hun:
What kind of cardio do you do?

cacmsc, the dress sounds great! I think you painted a pretty good picture of it. ;) Don't worry about those 2 pounds--weight's such a fluke-y thing. [yeah, I need to always tell myself that too!]

It's all rainy here today; we'll probably go see movie today and that'll mean going out for lunch. What's the best possible choice.......?

avwoolf
07-08-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the welcome cacmsc. I have to get to the gym too. I hope to start one day next week.
I would love to introduce myself at the palace,and I will, but I am a little shy. I wanted to ease in, and I needed a place where I could post my food and activity so that I could be accountable.

Edyie, I have a stationary bike at home. Using that is great because it is right there when I wake in the morning, and I get right on it. But, I need to get to the gym for two reasons, (1) I prefer a treadmill, and I don't have one at home yet, and (2) I need to start the weights, and I like to use the machines.

Thank you both again for your warm welcome. I am very excited to come back this evening and post my food journal.

Jacquie

avwoolf
07-08-2005, 09:23 PM
It's me again. I have good news to report. I got on the scale this morning, and it very kindly gave me a reading of 169.2! I am very excited.

To stay on the path, I should say:

Breakfast

(Open-faced sandwhich thing)
1 small slice whole grain and not bread
1 egg cooked in 1/4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp artichoke and spinach spread
Fruit (pineapple, strawberries, and grapes)

1/2 banana

Lunch (at a meeting)

Veggie cream cheese sandwhich (on "wheat" bread I assume)
1/2 of a 2 inch square brownie

cup of tea

Dinner

Salad

Lettuce
nuts
gorgonzola
beets, brocolli, peppers, tomato
raisins

glass of wine

exercise: 50 minutes on the bike
calories: 1100

This was not a bad day, and I was in good spirits after the scale was so kind to me this morning. But it is never easy when you have to eat at a meeting. There was also a horrible excuse for pasta salad in my lunchbox, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the calories for it.

Jacquie

Amarantha2
07-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi, avwoolf, glad to "see" ya!!! :wave: And thanks for postin' your menus, they look delicious and I look forward to more food ideas! Congratulations on the kindness from :devil: scale today!!!!

CAC, your dress sounds beautiful and like you are enjoying putting the ensemble together. Don't worry about a few pounds up after eating smoked gouda and olives ... salt!

E, looking forward to the halvah recipe ... especially the one with no sweetener, but take your time and dinna stress over typing it ... you are doing great!!!!

I had a great workout today with the trainer and learned some new things that will really help me ... gotta go now as have had terminally bad work week.

avwoolf
07-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the welcome Amarantha. A bad work week--a bad work day--a bad work hour, can be overwhelming and frustrating. I am sorry to hear about yours.

What I am happy to hear about is your workout today. Everytime someone mentions the gym, it makes me feel closer to choosing the day to go back (isn't funny how paying for it every month, every day is sometimes not enough to make one go every day).

I have been reading diet blogs this evening. Sometimes they help, and sometimes they make me want to eat a family size bag of potato chips!

wkgirl
07-09-2005, 03:25 AM
Hello gals!
Welcome Jaquie!:wave:
I am also 'trying' to get to the gym as i just paid for 3 months a day before my news about the baby.....
just got home from a rousing game of scattergories with friends..good laughs..i hear that burns lots of calories! :lol:
Did ubw today but felt ill about 3/4 way done so quit....
looking forward to cardio tomorrow..its easier to not overdo it with that! :^:
Food today was good until games night....chips, lemonade and cheerios snack mix ugggh i feel salty........ :o
I better get some sleep..got the ds bday party tomorrow...I posted a pic of his blondeness in my profile because I dont know how to resize it(to avatar size) on my program..anyone have any tips?
You are all doing great:woo: keep up the good work!!:cheer:
Have a great weekend!
Blessings
:cheers:Karla:df:
(Oops edited because i forgot to ask the question I wanted to ask:)
Do you know if BFL has more recommended exercises than what are in the book? There are some we dont have equip. for at our gym, and some I now can't do...Im sure that anything that efficiently works the same muscle would do..but just checking with you 'pros' who have wisdom and experience!! ;) :D

redballoon
07-09-2005, 03:56 AM
Eydie, hi! Thanks for the info. I would like to see the book but just can't be buying any more. Do you think you could tell me the basic ideas, the diet etc.? That way I may be up to following along. You're a vegetarian too, right? I am lacto-ovo, you?

Others, no time to read the posts. Will try to get in here later. Good luck all and up and at 'em. I had a great leg workout yesterday. Am feeling the back workout from the day before that and the leg workout from yesterday. One of those, gotta take aspirin to move days.....oh, and the head was none the better for all the beer I downed last night!! Ciao tutti!! :wave:

Amarantha2
07-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Karla, I just paid for six more months yesterday also and avwoolf is right, even that doesn't motivate me sometimes. Payin' the trainer does, though. :)

My cardio today will be walkin' in park with buddy.

BTW, you can resize the "his blondeness" :lol: pic on in whatever picture or graphic software you have in your hard drive. Open the pic in the program and use the tools. It's easy ... sorrry that's not much of an explanation but am braindead.

Re exercise, I don't think either the original book or BFL for Women specifically says anything like "if you don't wanna do these exercises, do others" but I imagine everyone substitutes their own or their trainers' workouts ... the magazine that EAS used to put out that featured the transformation winners definitely showed more than just the basic moves and featured lots of different workouts ... I do remember the original Bill Phillips' book said something like "don't be confused, you'll never really need any other exercises but these" but nothing said you CAN'T do other exercises. When I did BFL for the first time, I used to worry about conforming exactly to the workouts, but they're really only a framework ...

avwoolf (wonderful handle and avatar, BTW), thanks for the supportive comments. And I know how hard it is to get to the gym sometimes ... I think I'm going to get an iPod to motivate me to go ... if I spend that money, it might make me want to do it! :)

E :wave:.

deleted2
07-09-2005, 12:29 PM
avwoolf, I know what you mean about the diest blogs. I came across afew the other day that glorified eating disorders----really scary. Advice on how to hide purging from co-workers, etc. Sad.

RedBalloon, Yep, I'm ovo-lacto too. :)

Karla, I don't think it really matters what exercises you do as long as you're hitting all the muscle groups.

Amarantha, I'm trying to find that recipe for carob halvah. Trouble is I have so many cookbooks I can't remember where it is. It'll come to me though. [The recipe that I was using had currants in it and I know you're not eating dried fruits]

Here's what I'm going to try as a hi-protein fake for halvah: blop out some tahini in a bowl and then add protein powder [I use a stevia sweetened, vanilla flavored one], mix it together until it holds together like a dry-ish cookie dough, roll into balls, roll in sesame seeds [or not!] and refrigerate or freeze. Halvah is great frozen!
I may do half the 'dough' with chocolate protein powder and half with vanilla and squish then together for a marbled halvah. Am I a genius or what? :lol:

deleted2
07-09-2005, 12:35 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 eggs, 1 egg white, scrambled w/ vegs, lite cheese, bit of nutritional yeast
1 cup strawberries

Clif "Nectar" bar***cheddar stick

smoothie [Blueberries, raspberries, strawbs, grape juice, soy protein]

red pepper, cucumber, carrot stix w/ humuus
2 ww /w lite swiss, dilled goat cheese, brocolli slaw, onions

1 1/2 cups watermelon
2 tbsp. cashews

water: 6 glasses
calories: 1780
protein: 69 grams
fruit/vegs: 10 serv.

exercise: 50 min. upper body

avwoolf
07-09-2005, 10:11 PM
This is me trying to find the joy (I love the way you put that Eydie)

egg artichoke open faced sandwhich
1 cup fruit (pineapple, strawberries, grapes)

1/2 oz string cheese

sandwhich with 1 tbsp peanute butter and 1/2 banana
1 oz blue corn tortilla chips (transfat free)

1/2 banana
4 TLC crackers
1/2 oz cheese

one aparagus maki roll
Vegetable soba noodle soup
2 glasses of wine

exercise: 50 minutes on the bike
calories: 1550

My husband is out of town and I took my kids to a Japanese restuarant tonight. Lots of fun. Having to "disclose" the eating of the chips and crackers today is what made me ask the question on the other thread. Thanks for the answers.

This is me, finding some joy.

deleted2
07-09-2005, 10:46 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
1 ww toast w/ egg whites, ff cheese, 2 soy 'bacon'
1 cup cherries

2 w bread w/ provolone, dilled goat cheese, brocolli, onion
veg. stix w/ humuus
watermelon

sorbet [made w/ berry juice and vanilla protein drink----it was really good!]

salad [brocolli, carrot, cucumber, red pepper, onion, cheddar, soy 'chicken', goddess dressing]
2 "anthills"

calories: 1675
protein: 55 grams
fruit/vegs: 11 servings
exercise: 90 min. push mowing!

I'm not exactly following BFL's suggestion to have only 2 fruit servings a day lately. Too much gorgeous fruit out there!

Weird little recipe I found today for "ANTHILLS". Strange at first, but really good!

1 cup chocolate chips [I used barley sweet. ones.]
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together, then add nuts and rice and mix well. Drop by tbsp. onto waxed paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.

redballoon
07-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Eydie, you gonna clue me in on this program? :)

Amarantha2
07-10-2005, 01:17 AM
E, thanks for the visit o'er at the land far far ... cheered me up! :)

Mmmm, anthills, that's a thought ... I could use chips with no sugar content, I think.

I had provolone today, too. Alpine Lace makes a reduced fat version that's to die for.

You're doin' great! Keep goin'

cacmsc
07-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Redballoon sometimes I go to the library to request books for dieting. Its easy and then you take what you want and return the book. Sometimes if its something really good I end up buying one. Good luck!
I have decided to get myself back to the gym on monday. I sometimes make excuses at the end of the day why I should not go. So I am going to start the a.m. thing before going to work. I did it in the past and it worked great. I will go about 3 times a week inbetween time will swim etc. I did a lot of gardening yesterday its been awhile some more to be done today. With camping so much I have let a few things go. Now I pay the price. 2 hours in the veggie garden yesterday. But the good news is its looking great. Flower beds are todays chore. I am also going to sneak in a swim time next door. It is going to be high 80's today so I will get out there early. I am going to try to do a new thing where I will be sticking to my diet except for my day I have something going on every week on that day I won't worry! I have had something every week so if I look at it this way maybe I will behave better inbetween. I will post my intake later that is a must also I have been skipping.
I know I can reach my goal I just need a little kick in my butt to get myself going strong again. So this week is it starting today!

deleted2
07-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi RedBalloon! The diet is really very basic--nothing that we all don't already know. Lots of vegetables, try to limit grains, fruits and starchy vegs. to 2 servings a day, that is, 2 servings of each of those groups. Lots of water too, of course. I was surprised there wasn't more nutri. info. in the book, but that's just me.
Workout is alternating upper and lower body---with dumbells, but working the muscles to exhaustion, a new thing for me. [I like it! ;) ] Also, cardio for AT LEAST 30 minutes, and making sure to really get the heart rate up and work up a sweat.
It's a 12 week program like the original BFL and I can't believe that tomorrow starts week 6 for me!
Check out this site: drpeeke.com for some more info.

Today is supposed to be an exercise free day but I don't really like that idea so I'm going to go for Pilates and yoga today. And having pancakes for breakfast. Woohoo! :love: :hun:

redballoon
07-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Eydie, thanks for the info. It's all about eating clean, isn't it? No mystery there! I'm going to work on setting some goals today, getting in mind exactly what it is I want. It's too easy to just jump into things with no clear picture. It's hard though, when you've never been exactly where you have in mind. You wonder just how to get there.... I hear you on the not wanting the "no exercise" day. I think we can always exercise, movement is life. Pilates, yoga, excellent choices. One of my goals is going to be getting more flexible. I'm so tight!
Good luck, all! cacmsc, I'm in Tokyo, broke in Tokyo, and that's why I asked for the rundown on the diet. You've got a good attitude. You can do it! Good luck! :sunny:

Amarantha2
07-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Cac, did I hear correctly that your gym time is 3 a.m.? :)

Thou art truly intrepid! :cheer: You're doing great.

Hi, E!!! :wave: Enjoy thy pancakes.

Hi, Red Balloon.

deleted2
07-11-2005, 07:55 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
3 corncakes w/ 1 tbsp. maple syrup, a little butter
2 soy 'sausages'
cherries

smoothie [ff milk, blue and strawberies, banana, wwhey protein]

cheddar stick

ww tortilla w/ lite cheese, cabbage, onion, red pepper
yellow squash soup
small carob brownie

water: 5 glasses
calories: 1710
exercise: 30 min. yoga

cacmsc
07-11-2005, 08:17 AM
No sweetie I go in the a.m. before work usually at 6:45. Lets not make it any earlier. Well I went grocery shopping bought lots of healthy stuff and am ready to jump back into the waters. I am going to make exercising and eating healthy an important part of everyday except on my special event days. Those are my days off clambake, wedding, birthday etc. So I am ready and in the mood. I didn't go to the gym as I have to pick up a client for camp this a.m. at 7:30. Guess I'd better go!

Amarantha2
07-11-2005, 11:43 AM
OH, well, glad it's not 3 a.m., CAC!!! :)

I've heard tell o' folk who do that kinda thing (exercisin' at 3 a.m.), shudder! :yikes: Actually, some people here do so because it's so hot during the day ... not me, though! :)

avwoolf
07-11-2005, 10:50 PM
You thought maybe I was getting cold feet didn't you??? You were right.

But, just call me Ms. Determination.

Sunday
1 sl. ww and nut bread
1 egg in 1/4 tbsp butter
1/2 c. each strawberries, pineapple, grapes

1 c. black beans w/ peppers and onions
1/2 cup rice

2 corn tortillas
1/4 c. monterey jack cheese
salsa
1 c. spinach

1oz chips

1400 calories
50 exercise

The chips, as you might imagine, were not a part of the plan!

Monday

black coffie
1 sl bread
1 egg in 1/4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp artichoke spread

2 sl ww bread
veggie burger
one slice tomato
one potato (6oz)

4 TLC crackers and 1/2 oz cheese

Veggie fusilli
1 cup whole wheat pasta
1/4 each yellow squash, green beans, tomato
1 tbsp parmesean cheese

1 c. watermelon

No exercise
1250 calories

Crackers and cheese also not planned.

I am still just thinking about the gym. Though today was the first day of no exercise in 2 weeks, and I have been doing well on that score. I must get to the gym. I think I must make it a formal goal.

cacmsc
07-12-2005, 07:31 AM
Well girls I am dressed and ready to hit the gym before work. I have to get back there no more excuses. I ate well yesterday I logged in my journal. Avwoolf your intake has some great foods. I like the blk. bean etc. area.I think I had better follow some of your intakes. After awhile we tend to stop coming up with new ideas and variety sure makes the difference. Today it will be in the 90's even more reason to workout this a.m.. Hopefully I don't forget anything to have for work. When I go like this in the morning it usually happens. I try to be prepared but.................. Anyways I packed a nice lunch w/ cottage cheese on a lettuce bed w/ mandarin oranges and celery sticks on the side for a crunchy end. I have packed 2 bottles of water and 1 crystal light packet. So I am off! I will do about a 50 min workout today, and a swim on the way home at my sisters pool. The one next door wasn't so clear last night!

deleted2
07-12-2005, 07:58 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 corncakes w/ 1 tsp. maple syrup
2 soy 'sausages'

seitan jerky

ww tortilla w/ lite swiss, vegs
1 oz. corn chips
carob brownie***cherries

watermelon

brocolli and onions
carob brownie w/ raspberries

calories: 1625
exercise: 50 min. lower body
20 min. Pilates
10 min. yoga

Amarantha2
07-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Lookin' good, BFLers!!! :wave:

Since I'm the cheerleader, here's a cheer and some potassium:

:cheer: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

deleted2
07-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks, Amarantha!

I REAAAALLLY want to lose a bit more weight and I want to whittle back my calories a little more, just to see what happens, and to push myself harder with my workouts. Here's the thing: there's this little sliver of me that's scared of that, particularly the harder workouts. Maybe I need to engage a trainer for a couple of sessions, just to see what it really feels like---not that I can afford it. It's hard to explain, does anyone know what I mean? I always tell myself when I'm standing at the edge of something new that if I don't really throw myself into it, then I'll never know. It's time to face the hulking clanking beast in the basement, I guess....
And I'm not afraid of the muscles, I want the muscles! :strong: And it may be time to add a little running to the powerwalking too.

avwoolf
07-12-2005, 09:05 PM
The place that let's you give you post a title. The speed and competence with which I master this...computer...internet...talking stuff is amazing.

Pretty good food day

2 corn tortillas
1 oz cheese
1 tbsp salsa
1/2 c. each strawberries and grapes

2 TLC crackers and 1/2 oz of cheese

Pasta (leftover from last night) ww paste and veggies
1 c. strawberries

1 c. basmati rice
1 c. green beans and yellow wax beans mixed with 1 whole yellow tomato, fresh basil and parsely (beans boiled first, then sauted with veggies and 1tsp olive oil)
small green salad (w/ 1/2 c. homemade croutons)

This was a good food day. Those market green beans and tomatoes tasted so good!

Keep on keeping on Cacmsc. I really like all kinds of dried beans--black ones, red ones, and white ones, and black-eyed peas. It's really funny. I really love to cook, but I only come up with good ideas for good wholesome foods when I have an honest, real body hunger. It is amazing, but when I only have that I-have-been-eating-all-day-and-the-clock-says-it-is-time-to-eat-again schedule, my creativeness ideas go away, and I eat frozen pizza and fries. But, if something looks good, feel free to take some ideas, and if I can explain something that you think you might like to try, let me know. You follow some of my ideas, and I follow you to the gym--I promised myself on the challenge thread, so I am right behind you.

Eydie, I totally understand the precipice you are standing over. It is scary to move to the next level because you don't know the outcome or maybe even the goal, but that is exactly what makes it exciting and attractive.

Amarantha, with all due respect to cheerleaders I knew in high school, you have the best form and pitch. Thanks.

wkgirl
07-13-2005, 02:41 AM
Hi ladies!
Looks like you are doing good!
I didnt realize it had been so long since my last post! I have been reading though...thanks for the info on the exercises!!
I ve been busy, lots of birthdays in July! I also have to leave for my sis's wedding and holidays :woo::beach: in 2 days so Im trying to get packed.
My energy has been pretty low lately..I did manage to get in a light ubw yesterday but nothing today...my youngest sister is coming tomorrow night and she wants to go the gym so that should motivate me :)
Food today was not great:
breakfast out-'smothered skillet' thingy(eggs,veggies,hollandaise,hash.etc.)
1/2 pc buttered rye tst & tea
1/4 pc french tst & syrup
2 bites eggs benedict
lunch-sisters birthday bbq at her work:
1 1/2 cheese smokies w white bun
1/4 hamburger
1/2 cup potato salad
1/2 diet pepsi(my ds exploded the other 1/2 on my white shirt :D )
sm piece bday cake
reg. iced tea

2 glasses milk
grilled cheese & pickle sandwich on ww bread( ialways like these..not just a pregnancy thing! ;) )
fresh raspberries
handful tortilla chips
2 bday squares i made for sisters bday(peanuts, marsh,butterscotch etc.)
popsicle
1 *more* pc bday cake
diet iced tea
1 more handful tortilla chips

SOooooooo here is a good day for you guys not to copy! :lol:
yuuuck..( i didnt realize the amount here until i read it-:yikes:
Tomorrow I have meals planned and written down, with no more bdays(immediately anyway) or cake in the house! Im determined to get back on the healthy eating track tomorrow since if I start out unwisely on holidays the results wont be pretty...my family I am travelling with loves fast food, so I will be surrounded by un wise choices..but most places at least offer big salads! :dizzy:
Way to go on your progress girls!:cheer:
Go Eydie Go!You can do it! :workout: :cb: :wl: :coach: :strong:
Ill try to check in tomorrow..if not I will be back in a couple weeks...have a good July!:wave:
Karla

deleted2
07-13-2005, 07:47 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ww tortilla w/ lite swiss, cabbage, onion, peppers
cherries

pizza [ww pita w/ tom. sauce, brocolli, onions, cheese]
2 clementines

3 "anthills"

boca burger w/ tom. sauce
cabbage w/ peppers and onions
all-fruit bar

calories: 1310
exercise: 47 min. treadmill
20 min. yoga

Wow, my calories haven't been this low in ages! Really going to try to keep it as close to 1500 cals. per day as possible, that is, I'll try not to go over that.

cacmsc
07-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Avwoolf I got there to the gym in the a.m. I was running a bit late so the work out wasn't as long but it was great. I not only was able to pick up where I left off a month or so ago but challenged myself to another level higher. It felt wonderful! I guess all my summer exercise of kaykaing, swimming, hiking and gardening etc. paid off. I also know when I work out I watch more of what I eat. The over all end result is a healthier me! So get out there and go to the gym. I did find a site yesterday with some great recipes. They don't give the cal.'s but I could replace some of the ingredients. The recipes sound so tasty and veggies fun! In case anyone is interested and you can change the stuff too! www.care2/channels/solutions/food/644
Edyie I would go for the trainer and explain you only want a couple of sessions for some positive direction for your trouble spots. They get paid for it so why would they not jump at the idea? Good luck. Here in my area it is 25.00 for a session. Not sure about your area. Good luck.
Amarthan thanks for the cheers your spirit helps keep us going. Good to hear from you and hope your doing well. I am doing my own thing on here but enjoy the company that is here! Support is a wonderful thing! Thanks everyone for being here and sharing info.

deleted2
07-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Firefly, I live way out in the country so am not sure about the trainer. It'd be worth looking into though. Ideally I'd love to have someone come over and show me how to use "the machine".

Speaking of that, I was all set to give it a try and I was stung by some sort of flying insect yesterday and my right hand is swollen and painful and itchy! Not sure if I can even handle the dumbells today, but I'm going to try. Grrrrr... :wl:

Good to see you, Karla! Yes, sounds like yesterday's menu was a bit festive! :lol:
And your menu looks amazing as always, avwoolfe! ;)

Thanks for the cheers, A! And where's RedBallon? And Kaylets?

deleted2
07-13-2005, 08:47 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 'sausages'***cheddar stick

ww tortilla w/ lite swiss, cabbage, onions, peppers
clementine

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

yellow squash soup
veg. 'chik' patty w/ 1 tbsp. goddess sauce
1/2 cup sweet potato
1/2 cup cherries

raspberry fruit leather

calories: 1320

exercise: 45 min. upper body
40 min. power yoga video

EXCELLENT workout today. Did the regular stuff with the dumbells and then downstairs to the beast for 10 minutes. I like it! I just need to develop a routine with the machine.

And the power yoga video was good too--really worked up a sweat and was able to keep up. It helped that it was done by that luscious Rodney Yee! :s: I was even able to hold that freaky balancing crow pose for a 1/2 second!!! :)

avwoolf
07-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Omelete
1 egg + 2 egg whites
1/2 buttter
green beans and tomatoes from last night
1/2 goat cheese
1 sl. ww bread
tsp strawberry jam

Leftover Pasta (finally finished it!)
strawberry/banana smoothie made with yogurt

7 bing cherries

3 fried green tomatoes
white beans with tomatoes and herbs
green salad w/oil (tsp) and vinegar
1 glass of white wine

exercise: 50 minutes
calories: 1235

Still no gym, but I mean to go at least twice before Sunday. My husband has been out of town for almost a week. When he gets home he can take over with parental responsibilities.

Eydie, yellow squash soup sounds great. I have quite a bit in the crisper from Saturday's market. I may follow your lead.

avwoolf
07-13-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey Cacmsc thanks for the site. I will go check it out!

And wkgirl, I am very familiar with such "festive" days as the ones you describe. What I do not do well is follow myself closely on those days and get it all journaled (is that a word?) and accounted for. Great job!

Amarantha2
07-14-2005, 06:07 AM
E, as thou knowest, I've used the same personal trainer for years now, off and on. I would not have made as much progress without her and believe me it's worth the money (I can't afford it forever, though). But I'd be careful with gym trainers ... maybe you can contract with someone privately ... lots of find personal trainer type sites come up in google and you might find someone that way ... dunno. Be sure they have good credentials and experience.

It's truly worth it if you get the right person ... it's like night and day for me when I'm consistently working with her as to when I'm just exercising on my own ... but maybe she's exceptional, dunno ... she's not going to be a personal trainer forever, so I need to get better at motivating myself this year. :)

cacmsc
07-14-2005, 07:40 AM
Edyie I love country living but sometimes its tough to get some things. I live out but not that far out from the city. I also work in the city so my gym is there. I have never had a trainer but most likely should have. I kind of watch others and pickup ideas once in awhile I will ask someone a question at the gym and it helps me. On the 3 fat chicks there is a site where there are lots of body builders etc. Maybe this is just a thought you could do a search and see what you come up with. Maybe someone will give you some ideas to shake up your routine a bit. I do know that I have heard several times not to do the same routine daily and to change it around as your body adjusts to the same actions day after day. So maybe even getting some new video for training would work for you. There are some sites on the web. to even purchase them pretty cheap I have read others who have done it. Hope this info. is some help? Your workouts look good to me but who the heck am I? Just someone trying to improve her own health and well being no expert in this area trial and error way of learning I guess. But learning along the way. Changes are coming right along but could be faster pace!
Today I am not really counting my calories as I am off to the casino on a bus trip with a group of friends. But I am going to try to eat on the healthier side of things and taking my water, crystal lite, fruit with me to have on the bus. 2.5 hrsl. up and back. It should be a day of fun and laughter and hopefully luck! I swam yesterday for exercise at my sis's pool did laps. I plan on a trip to the gym on friday a.m. and then swimming with the kids most of the day at my sis's house. She nicely offered her pool to us better than the lake with so many folks. I really feel motivated this week and thats a good thing. I see little changes that are now becoming routine and that is also a good thing. I hope your all doing well too!

deleted2
07-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Had a big ol' whiney baby moment this AM when my scales didn't register a loss this week. :( Waaahhh! I've been working so hard---and I'll have to continue to work hard. It's always been this way for me; my body clamps down onto every ounce and doesn't want to let go, but it will........ :s:

Lovely yoga this morning....did a 55 minute yoga video and after that yoga zone was on TV so I took that as a sign to do 10 more minutes. I'd forgotten how intense yoga can be when you really get into it.

Have to work tonight and do a reception. Ironic that i have to go to work and bake cookies today. :lol:

deleted2
07-15-2005, 08:07 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

peanuts

smoothie [choc. soymilk, banana, peanut butter, choc. wheyprotein]

cheese stick

boca burger w/ salsa
1/2 cup swet potato

Clif nectar bar

[at reception] pesto cream cheese spread w/ triscuits
red pepper stix

calories: about 1900-2000 [I was doing so well until the reception... :o ]

exercise: 65 min. yoga
30 min. tae bo

deleted2
07-15-2005, 08:11 AM
Figure this one out: my calories were way high yesterday and I weigh myself this morning and I'm down a pound. Oh, the caprices of the human frame. Go figure......

Here's my big news of the day: DAY 300 WITHOUT SUGAR!!! :cheer:

avwoolf
07-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Congratulations Eydie on day 300 of no sugar and down one pound!!!

Here's me on Thursday:

1 sl bread
one egg in 1/4 tbsp of butter
1/2 cup of yogurt

Left over beans from Wednesday night 1 c.
10 bing cherries

Angel hair pasta w/ olive oil and tomatoes
2 glasses of wine

exercise:50 minutes on stationary bike

Dinner with my husband and daughter at sidewalk cafe. Lovely.

Amarantha2
07-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Congratulations on Day 300, E!!! :jn:

You're almost at a year ... huzzah!

AND on the pound down!!!

Someday I'm gonna figure up what day I'm on ... lost count there in March.

avwoolf, your day sounds delicious ... good calorie count! :cheer:

Gotta go take nap ... everyone is doin' great!

cacmsc
07-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Congrats Edyie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey I read something awhile ago about doing high calories, less calories etc. I think its suppose to knock your metabolism rate into gear by flexing it up and down a bit with calories. I will have to see where I found that before. I guess sometimes our bodies get so used to a certain intake that when we flex it kicks it in gear. Wish mine would do that!!!!! I haven't been to the gym just once this week .But before my clambake today I am going to get there. I have been doing alot of lap swimming and its been great. Yesterday the kids swam with me so I can't count the whole time but 4.5 hrs. in the pool. Wow that was great. My tan is really looking the best in years. It looks like I went somewhere to vacation. Well only in my dreams! I have been working on my gardens also this week so that must count a bit. I haven't done the scale thing. I just got rid of Tom. I can't wait til he is gone forever! It always messes up my wt. Maybe I will be brave and go use the scale. I did I am still up 3LBS. That doesn't make me truly happy but at least I know. I have changed the exercise around a bit and so maybe that is part of it oh wishful thoughts. Who knows 3 is 3 I guess. At any rate I feel good and the clothes fit well so I am not going to worry to much. But its best to keep up on that scale thing once a week. This will push me to the gym today that is for sure. Take care and enjoy your week end. Maybe it was that sm. ice cream I added in last night/

deleted2
07-16-2005, 05:17 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
brocolli quiche

cheddar stick

smoothie [choc. soymilk, whey protein, peanut butter, banana]

spicy vegs. and tofu w/ white rice [at thai rest.]

exercise 45 min. lower body/ abs

Amarantha2
07-16-2005, 09:26 PM
cac, calorie cycling works great, IMO. Bodybuilders do it a lot ... also that's the basis of the "Wendie Plan" a lot of the Weight Watcher folks do. :)

E, that smoothe looks wonderful. I'm out of the chocolate soymilk and it's too hot to go out but I'm gonna try one sometime with the whey protein and almond butter ... as thou knowest, I don't eat :cb:

I'm doing a challenge on my journal to NOT EAT ANYMORE tonight so I can make my cal goal. We'll see how it goes.

Later, BFLers!

avwoolf
07-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Hey everyone,

What a spartan day you had Eydie. But the food sounds great!

Cac, I agree with Amarantha, the calorie cycling seems to work great. I kind of did that accidentally this week, and (drum roll please.............) I have lost 2 pounds exactly. Oh happy day!!!

I have not seen the scale move the way it has in the last two weeks in a very long time. I think I owe it to all you lovely queenies. I am forever in debt to your majesties.

Amarantha, I have that experience sometimes too, you are so close at the end of the day, sometimes it is actually easier not to blow it. GOOD LUCK!

Here is what's been going on with me:

Friday

1 sl ww bread
egg + 1/4 tbsp butter
artichoke spread 1 tbsp
4 oz low fat yogurt

1 c. white beans (finally finished the leftovers)
10 bing cherries

2 corn tortillas
1oz jack cheese
1/2 c. each brocolli and cauliflower
1tsp butter

5 chips
1/3 oz cheese

calories: 1272

Saturday

1 sl ww bread
1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
1/3 banana
4 cherries
10 medium grapes

1/2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tbsp butter
5 sm fingerling potato (marble size almost--from today's market)
1/2 c. green beans
argula
1 tomato
1/2 c. mushrooms

1/6th pie--Quiche made with leftover veggies from lunch
Salad of 1/s c. roasted beets and arugula
1/2 tbsp salad dressing
1 glasses of wine

Whole foods shopping and eating samples--bite here and bite there

1 inch square 70% chocolate

calories: 1484

Those bing cherries are very big!!!

By the way, if I said before that that chocolate was 1/2 inch square, I was definitely wrong.

deleted2
07-17-2005, 08:15 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
omelette [feta, green peppers, onion]
homefries 1 pc. ww toast [Had this at a diner]

big fruit-juice sweet. cookie

calzone, made with lots of vegs!
[Had this at a pizza place]

exercise: 30 min. walk [while waiting for store to open to pick up the new HP! :wizard: ]

I'M TIRED OF EATING OUT!

Tomorrow starts week 7 of my BFL challenge... :)

Amarantha2
07-17-2005, 09:33 AM
Congratulations on the two pounds down, avwoolf!!! :cheer: That's great!!!

E, congratulations to you on entering WEEK SEVEN of your challenge!!! :up:

I'm working, will be back!

cacmsc
07-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Edyie your calzone sounds good. I think I will create one this week with veggies for dinner not a bad idea. I have made them in the past. Your intake looks good!
Avwoolf congrats to you on your loss. Sometimes its funny how we lose it just creeps down and wow its worth the wait sometimes. I wish you more as time goes on. I am looking for a bit of that myself. I did okay at my clam bake as I became sick and couldn't eat anymore. I think it was due to an empty tummy to start with and clams, clams, clams. Oh not so good in the end. But it stopped me from over eating sweets , crablegs etc. in the end. So I think in the long run I didn't do so bad yesterday. I have planned my work out for monday a.m./wed.a.m. and thurs a.m. so I have scheduled it into my work week.Sometimes making an appt. with ourselves isn't a bad thing. Making time for important things to do. I have been doing lots of swimming but the gym helps me too. I will talk to you all soon keep up the good work! Thanks for that Wendies Plan idea . I will look it up I think I read it before but doing it again won't hurt.
Carol

deleted2
07-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks, Amarantha--I'm looking up Wendie's plan too. :)

Good job, cacmsc, on scheduling your workouts this week! :D

I feel vaguely yucky today, ever have one of those times when you've eaten out too much and have had too much coffee?

avwoolf
07-17-2005, 10:12 PM
1 sl ww bread
artichoke stuff 2 tbsp
1 egg
1/4 tbsp butter
watermelon berry smoothie

1/6 Quiche (leftover from last night
1/2 c. beets
1/2 c. argula
dressing 1/2 tbsp

Polenta
veggies (tomato, yellow squash, onions, and mushrooms
2 tbsp parmesean cheese

exercise: 60 minutes
calories 1275

Thanks Amarantha. It was very exciting to watch that needle move around all week and finally settle at -2 lbs.

Cacmsc, I have not forgotten my pledge to get to the gym. You are my beacon in the distance.

cacmsc
07-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Well girls I am packed for work and ready for the gym. I jumped out of bed made coffee, ironed my clothes for work, packed my lunch last evening. I am off and running sort of. I did swim two times yesterday but ate a big muffin inbetween so I most likely balanced out. I have a breakfast packed yogurt, peach. A healthy lunch w/blueberries, peas, greens,grilled chicken 3oz. w/ low fat dressing. Dinner out with my daugther to celebrate our birthdays. So who knows what we will have or where my youngest daughter's birthday and mine are the same day. I will let her pick! Gotta fly have a healthy day. Awoolf you will get to the gym the sooner the better. Many of us including me feared going at first. Then I became comfortable with it you will too. Take it slow watch others while your working out thats how you learn.

deleted2
07-18-2005, 07:39 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
brocolli quiche [w/ oat crust]

protein drink [rice milk, choc. whey protein]
1/2 cup sweet potatoes
1 ww toast w/ 1 tsp. butter

pizza [ww pita w/ sauce, brocolli, onions, cheese]
cherries
fruit-sweet. choc. cookie

calories; 1540
exercise: 30 min. yoga

deleted2
07-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Happy Birthday, cacmsc! :gift: :woo: And to your daughter too! ;)

And congrats to avwoolfe for dropping 2 pounds!!! :ebike: :goodscale

avwoolf
07-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Cacmsc, please add my happy birthdays to you both.

Thanks Eydie. It is wonderful, and this journal keeping on line has been very helpful. I love the stationary bike smiley. That is exactly the way I look every morning.

Me today:

2 corn tortillas
1 oz cheese
2 tbsp salso
4 oz yogurt

Quiche
1/2 c. pineapple
20 grapes

1 slice ww bread
2 tbsp no-sugar natural peanut butter

polenta
veggies
1 1/2 tbsp parmesean cheese

exercise: 60 minutes on
calories: 1347

As you can see, I don't have a problem with leftovers. Quiche was Saturday night's dinner, and polenta was last night's. I usually make extras on purpose so I don't have to cook as often.

deleted2
07-19-2005, 05:40 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 soy 'sausages'***1 cheese stick

2 toast w/ butter**1 lite babybel cheese
cherries

soymilk w/ choc. whey protein

ww pita w/ felafel, lettuce, vegs, tzatziki, goddess dressing
2 clementines

calories: 1405
protein: 68 grams
exercise: 50 min. upper body :)

redballoon
07-20-2005, 01:13 AM
Hi there, people. Sorry not to be posting. I've just been too busy with my other thread, the one I moderate (or encourage people on you could say, the 21-day challenge). I haven't had much time for any other posting unless I just want to do copy and paste, which I can't and don't really want to. Well, haven't really looked over the posts. Notice that Eydie struggled a pound away. God, my body sounds just like yours, built to survive, no matter what! I'm having a very bad day here. One where you can't get moving and just want to lie around. Then finally, when you do feel like it, the day is shot. Well, I'm going to get out and move, whether I want to or not. Any movement is better than none. Anybody want to really kick A in the gym check out tom venutos bodybuilding secrets. http://www.bodybuildingsecrets.com/home.php He's got some good articles on there. I have his burn the fat book and it is excellent. Okay, later peops. Ciao!

deleted2
07-20-2005, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the link, RedBalloon! I'm sure I'll devour it later---I'm so into this these days. :D

Still no weight loss, but here's the thing: I feel leaner than I ever have. Building muscle, I guess---but still, it'd be nice to see the numbers on the scale come down.

deleted2
07-20-2005, 07:30 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
fruit-sweet. cranberry-walnut scone
cheese stick
2 clementines

ff milk w/ soy protein powder

bean soup
2 ww w/ lite swiss, brocolli slaw, mustard
fruit-sweet pecan cookie

squash casserole
2 veg. 'meatballs'

calories: 1480
exercise: 40 min. walk
30 min. bellydance

Food's feeling kinda uninspired lately. I feel like I'm preoccupied with the hiring of a new director at work. A few interviews this week and I have to give tours and make lunch for the committes. 'Twill be over soon....

cacmsc
07-20-2005, 07:46 AM
Good morning all! Well todayis day 2 of my workout at the gym in the a.m.. I feel really motivated thanks to my making it part of my schedule. It is much easier when it is pre planned in my calendar. No excuses! I thank all of you for your greetings! I did have a bit of cheese cake but not a whole slice. I had given into 2 little slivers of different kinds. My sec't commented on how proud she was of me with it being right there all afternoon. I have to say my eating was a bit crazy yesterday. I ended at 1600 cal.s. I had cukes sliced up for dinner and a bowl of south beach cereal w/blueberries. Better than somethings I GUESS? Just different for me. I have already done my preplanned foods for today and I am off to the gym. Calories pre=1400. Love having some fresh veggies and fruits at this time of year. Wow corn on the cob is 120 cal.s who would of thought! Have a super day the sun is shinning and it will be in the high 80's a bit cooler today. I hope to get a swim in this evening.
Carol

cacmsc
07-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Hello everyone. Well the workouts and watching myself a little more was worth the effort. I am down 1.5 lbs. the scale read! Still need to lose 2.5 more to get back to my lowest pt. Sometimes the scale is worth stepping on it just is helpful. Just not to be over used! My workouts have been good this week and yesterday I increased my levels at the gym. Later in the evening took a swim for about 20 min. It was a good day other than the tempted coworked chips! Yes I gave into 1 handful. It could of been worse but I had some control! Thank God!
Those times are the hardest when you are so tempted by what others have. Most of the time I have something extra to eat for a snack but yesterday they just looked good.
Edyie I read an article inWomans World weekly mag. about the Dr. Peeke diet. Its quite interesting. Have you kept track of how many inches you have lost? It also had info on loss of belly fat? When I was on South Beach Diet I lost my belly fat. I have been pretty lucky to have kept that off. I just need to keep doing the ab. machine at the gym to keep it going firm. No matter what we do its work to get the results we want huh? Have a great day everyone! I am going to ck onto the web site www.drpeeke.com

cacmsc
07-22-2005, 07:51 AM
Just a quick checking in. I am off to the gym today to meet my goal of 3 times for this week. I am feeling pretty good about my exercise and diet. Even though last nigh I ate out for my birthday and had a few no no's. Today I am having oatmeal for breakfast, yogurt, lunch fresh veggies, w/ basil and vinegar/olive oil/ spices some fruit. Cause I KNOW tonight at the wedding I am going to have some wine and calories? So I will try to do a really good workout and fit in a swim next door before then. Preplanning lately seems to help me stay focused! Hope your all doing well? Hang in there we are all going to reach our goals!

deleted2
07-22-2005, 09:31 AM
cacmsc, thanks for the the info re. Woman's World. I'll check it out! I took my measurements when I first started BFL, but haven't since, so maybe it's time, maybe that'll tell a different story, 'cause the scale's not moving quick enough for me. :mad:
About the belly fat thing: I can honestly say that I feel leaner than I've felt in years and the belly 'pooch' seems to have diminished pretty dramatically. Hmmmmm.....thanks for bringing all this up. :)

deleted2
07-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Wednesday food/exercise

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
fruit-sweet. ww scone***cheese stick

1 serv. tortilla chips

ww tortilla w/ cheese and vegs
fruit sweet. pecan cookie

2 tbsp. peanut butter

squash casserole

exercise: 40 in. lower body

Thursday

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ww tortilla w/ cheese. spinach, peppers, and carrots
4 veg. 'meatballs' w/ goddess sauce

squash casserole
1 ww
toast w/ butter
2 clementines

ww pita w/ felafel, tzatziki, spinach, carrot, onion, goddess dressing
ww graham cracker w/ peanut butter

water: 4 glasses
exercise: 2 mile walk AM
20 min. Pilates
30 min. bellydance

Amarantha2
07-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Hi, adventurers! :wave: Everyone is doin' great with their challenges on here!!! :cheer:

I am hangin' in ... also somewhat preoccupied, E. Complexities abound. I am journaling a lot ... going for a record in length of journal, but still not into doing a formal BFL challenge as yet.

E, re checkin' measurements, have you seen those really neat tape measures for that? Hard to describe, but they kind of click in place around the relevant body parts, making it easy to do your own. I really want one ... keep forgetting to get it. Sold in the drugstores here, probably online as well.

What is "goddess sauce" ... sounds divine.

Cac: Congrats on your 1.5 pounds down! That's great. I think a low glycemic diet like South Beach is definetely a plus in losing that "belly fat" ... I truly believe that is one of the most pronounced effects of a low glycemic diet ... congrats!

Avwoolf: The polenta sounds good (even though I can't eat corn now) ... I used to have it with fresh mushrooms and butter. :)

To all, mentioned and unmentioned, :wave: ...

deleted2
07-24-2005, 08:32 AM
Amarantha, yes, goddess dressing is divine and can be addictive. It's good on everything---sandwiches, wraps, pasta, vegs, grains, anything!
You should be able to find it at most supermarkets and any health food store. It's made by Annie's Naturals. Label pictues a lovely buxom red-haired goddess holding the earth. Ingredients: canola oil, water, tahini, cider vinegar, soy sauce, lemon, sea salt, garlic, sesame seeds, chives, xanthan gum. I think those are all Amarantha-approved ingredients?
Can you tell I love this stuff? :D

deleted2
07-24-2005, 08:36 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
squash casserole [sort of like a crustless quiche]

peanuts***clementine

ww tortilla w/ feleafel, vegs, goddess dressing
cherries
fruit-juice sweet. ginger ale

1/2 chimichanga w/ rice, beans, tofu [Had this at a rest.---awful fried thing, I vow to go the rest of my life without ever having one again. Blechh!]

Water: 8 glasses
exercise: 30 min. bellydance
55 min. upper body

deleted2
07-24-2005, 08:41 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
squash casserole

iced cappucino [no sugar]

2 rye w/ swiss, saurkraut, lettuce, onions, peppers, 100 island
thai pasta salad
rice dream mocha pie

hard-boiled egg
1/2 Amy's frozen pizza [at least it was organic :^: ]

water: 3 glasses :(
exercise: none [taking this as my free day]

We were gone all day, so It wasn't a really stellar food day. But while we were gone we stocked up on lots of good food, so my menus should be picking up!
Bought a women's body-sculpting book yesterday too that I'm really excited about!

Amarantha2
07-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the info re the goddess dressing, E. Now I know what you mean and it is, indeed, a Sugar Buster's approved dressing (even though I'm not really a Sugar Buster's person anymore per se, I use that as a guideline). It's listed in the SB shopping guide and I've looked at it in the store, so now I have an E-recommend and will buy some!!!

What is the name of your women's bodybuilding book?

deleted2
07-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Amarantha, it's called "Sculpting Her Body Perfect" by Brad Schoenfeld. [Hey, written by a guy!!! Didn't notice that before!]
It's so exciting to be so interested in this. I tell you, if someone had told me 2 years ago that I'd be pursuing this I wouldn't ahve believed them. Yoga and Pilates, yes, but body building? Who knew? I'm really noticing all my hard work in my shoulders most of all. So cool!!! :strong: :wl: :barbell: Don't tell anyone, but I've even flexed my biceps in the bathroom mirror. :o :lol3:

Bought a nifty little electric ice cream maker a few days ago. You freeze this cylinder and make up your recipe, pour it in and turn it one and in 20 minutes you have a quart of ice cream, sorbet or whatever. I mixed up rice milk, strawberries, and a little all-fruit jam for sweetener and it made a great sorbet. Could get used to that little jewel......

Amarantha2
07-24-2005, 09:33 PM
I'll look into that book, E!!!! Thanks.

I think bodybuilding is excitin' too, although my exercise mojo hath flown again. The trainer I use couldn't even motivate me yesterday. Today I did a 30-minute walkabout for my challenge.

I'd like one of those ice cream makers. Think about this: sorbet made from the unsweetened chocolate soymilk!!! Wonder how that'd work out! Hmmm ...

Too hot to go get an ice cream maker, though, so I'll just drink the soymilk (later).

Keep flexin' E

cacmsc
07-25-2005, 08:56 AM
Eydie your so funny flexing in the bathroom I love it! You go girl! Its nice to beable to see a difference I am sure. The dressing sounds wonderful I will also ck. our Wegmans store for it.
Amarthan I kind of mix the South Beach diet with just my own thing but I do believe it makes a difference that is for sure. It was the beginning to my wt. lose. I just do lots of different ideas and try to pick up healthy tips along the way to use in my planning. I have learned recently that preplanning for me not only with exercising but with intake sure makes a difference. The intake changes a bit sometimes but it gives me a nice base to work from and I feel great lately. Well talk to you all later I posted my daily intake on the other site Daily check in. I am trying to incorprate yogurt into my daily intake to rid me of belly fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes that will be good for me! Trying to keep my belly looking good! Hah hah!
Carol

cacmsc
07-26-2005, 07:59 AM
just checking in : Yesterday was a good day with my intake and exercise. I did swim but should of done some more laps I think. At least I got there and did about 16 laps. I should do at least 25 I think. At any rate some exercise is better than none. I feel good and my clothes are fitting a bit loose. So I am looking forward to the scale if you can believe that. I should do my measurements. I did a long time ago and lost my #'s so it will not be an accurate reading. But at least a base line from here. My arms appear to be a bit more formed. Most likely my increased swimming this summer. I am thinking of joining the YMCA for the winter months. They have a pool and I get up early so I would beat the crowded gym. Something for me to think about as my gym is 13.00 a month for life time member and the Y is another 26.00 a month. But I would only do a 6 months membership. Just a thought!
Have a good day!

deleted2
07-26-2005, 08:16 AM
You're doing so well, Carol! Post your food journal here sometime--I might learn something new and I love getting a little peek into your food life. I'm a couple of days late with that myself. Yesterday wasn't a great food day for me---lots of bread!

I want to thank you again, Carol, for pointing out the belly fat thing to me. I was feeling discouraged because i wasn't dropping much weight, but my stomach is sooo much flatter. :D

Amarantha2
07-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi, bodybuilders!!!! Ya are doin' great, one 'n all!!! :cheer:

E, sent ya a pm just now and am inspired to up the resistance exercise again ... GOTTA BUILD THAT BOD!!!

Carol, good idea about the Y! If it also has a gym, maybe you could just do your lifting before hittin' the pool. You're doin' great!!!

To all, mentioned and unmentioned!!

deleted2
07-27-2005, 07:21 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
1 soy 'sausage'***1 cheese stick

2 hard-boiled eggs
3/4 cup squash, peppers and onions

fruit-sweet. peanut butter cookie w/ 1 tbsp. peanut butter

2 cups ww pasta w/ tons of garlic, olive oil, squash, onions, peppers

water: only 5 glasses. I really ned to drink more when it's this HOT.

I can't believ I ate all that pasta but once I started I couldn't stop. THAT'S why I don't have pasta very often, but man, was it good! :hun:

EDIT: Oh my. Just looked over this, and it occurs to me that somehow I totally missed a meal somewhere. Gotta stay more aware of that and really want to work in snacks too.

cacmsc
07-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Hello girls ! Well yesterday was a bit higher calorie day for me my slurge day! I went with some friends to the Casino lst night we had a great time. lots of laughing which we all need! I had a couple of no no's though I must be honest! I had a fudgie brownie with icing I did scrap most of it off and only ate 1/2 but it was big. I brought the hubby home the other 1/2 for his breakfast treat. Then on top of it has a raspberry latte. Oh so good! But it was a treat not something to have on a daily basis. It was a good thing I did a little swim before I went there. And my hair looked it! Oh well! Hah HAH! Thanks for all your words of encouragement before my no no yesterday. But today I will stick to a healthy intake and fit in some exercise along the way. I am going to go to the gym after work today.I haven't been this week as I had a crack on my heal and didn't want to make it worse. I will at least do some lifts etc.....
I found the Annies Goddess dressing also the raspberry. Edyie what do you use it on other than salad? I thought you had mentioned something else? Pasta I know used to be a favorite of mine. Now I have it once in a while. Have you tried the Harvest one which is wheat? Not as good but not bad dressed up a bit. Amaratha I thank you for your kind words, and support even after my no no time! I couldn'[t do that everyday and the brownie was actually way to sweet tasting but that didn't stop-me from consuming it just scraped off a few calories. My skinny friend laughed and said just eat it and enjoy! Edyie I will post my intake later today if I get a chance.

Amarantha2
07-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Hi, guys! Have been rather forcefully reminded since yesterday of the importance of life and health and this thread totally reflects that focus (not sure what that sentence means, but anyhow, let's keep on keepin' on).

E, I bought some of the goddess dressing but haven't tried it yet. It is Sugar Busters "legal" with the only questionable ingredient from a glycemic standpoint being the xanath gum, but I personally do not see WHY that is a GI issue ... it's a stabilizer only. There is also a "Green Goddess" version that has some interesting ingredients that I might like. Will let you now.

C: You are doin' great and are most welcome to "kind words" as you deserve 'em!!! :) Not to be a downer and offer unsolicted advice but ya might wanna be careful with that Harvest Wheat pasta ... if it's the kind I think you are referring to, it isn't 100 percent whole wheat pasta ... it's a blended product with some whole wheat flour but mostly just regular enriched wheat flour ... if there is "wheat flour" listed that's just plain ol' flour, so the blends just put in a little whole wheat and some brown coloring and call it good ... a true whole wheat pasta says "100 percent whole wheat flour" or better still "100 percent stone ground whole wheat flour" and does not contain any other kind of "wheat" flour ... BUT YOU PROBABLY KNOW THIS AND I APOLOGIZE FOR SOUNDIN' PREACHY AND NO-IT-ALLISH ... I hate it when people sound like that, don't you? :)

Going to try to make it to gym today. Later ...

cacmsc
07-28-2005, 07:52 AM
Amarantha all advice and info. is always welcome it helps to learn new things. Are you on the South Beach diet? Or sugar buster? Your wt. loss is amazing and your so close to your goal. Any advice you share will be greatly respected thats for sure! You are right I did know that but kind of put it in the back of my brain. So thanks for the tip. I also picked up the Goddess dressing. I haven't used it yet but the raspberry I have and like it on my salads. Other than salads Edyie have you tried it on other things? I will wait until I hear more before I venture to use it. I ordered chinese out last night but only ate 1/2 and then had some fruit. The days calories were still around 1450 so thats not bad. I could of made a better choice I am sure. I actually got into my skinny jeans yesterday. They haven't been on this body ever I don't think. I thought they were my size 10's then they were a bit tight only in the waist. I wore them anyway good reminder to be good. Then last night realized they were the 8's. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something is working and I am feeling good! Yes lets keep on going!
Intake today: B-south beach cereal w/ splash of milk 175 1/2 of a banana 50
S-Kashi bar 140
L- ?
D-Thin sirlion tip steak w/ marinade and peppers, onions, mushrooms and fresh tomatoes, basil, fresh mozz. ch. balsamic vinegar and pepper.
S- fruit cantalope and nectuarine cup
Lots of water some with lemon. Eat good and move more!
Workout at the gym and a swim. Only working a half of day the hubby has a doctors appt. at noon. We will eat lunch out.

cacmsc
07-29-2005, 07:23 AM
The little white square came out of the closet today. I am down 1 lb. from last week. I will take any wt. loss any amt. is okay. At least it was moving down and not up. Now that is an accomplishment even know a very small one. Still need to get rid of the 1.5 to get back to my lowest pt. in years that I did reach a few months back. They got careless and gained a few lbs. back. But now I am seriously going to get back down and then some I hope. Looks like its going to be a nice weekend so maybe some exercise swimming may be in the plans. Yesterday I never got there. Have a good one girls!

deleted2
07-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Congrats on the pound down, cacmsc! :D

deleted2
07-29-2005, 08:40 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww w/ lite swiss, brocolli slaw, onions. peppers
1 cup strawberries, blueberries. cherries, grapes

1/2 cup no-sugar granola

3 hard-boiled egg whites w/ 2 tbsp. cheddar/cottage cheese spread
clementine

1 cup blueberries
Clif 'Nectar' bar [chocolate and walnut]

Salad [lettuce, peppers, onion, cucumber, brocolli, veg. "chicken", cheese, goddess dressing]

exercise: 35 min. upper body
Calories: 2185 [yep, you read it right!]

I've been indulging in a little emotional eating the past 2 days becasue my dad's in the hospital again. He fell, and luckily he didn't break anything, and they'll probably send hime home today.
At least I didn't have my meals from the vending machines in the waiting rooms like all my siblings. I brought all my food with me---and get this--my brothers and sister have the nerve to make fun of me for having the forethought to bring my own food!!!! And they're the ones eating cheese curls and Milky Ways. Go figure......

Gotta keep those calories down today!

deleted2
07-30-2005, 09:19 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 scrambled eggs w/ 2 tbsp. cheese
2 soy 'bacon'

1 pc. garlic bread
small pc. spinach "pizza'' [without a crust]
1/2 sweet potato
a little pasta and tofu
1/2 sugar-free strawberry cheesecake
coffee
[Had this at a new veg. restaurant]

2 ww bread w/ cheddar/ cottage cheese spread
5 slices 'fried' green tomatoes [I don't fry them, they're baked!]
1/2 cup blueberries

water: 3 glasses [BAD!}
exercise: none

Since I started BFL this has definitely been my most challenging week---it's been a bad week as far as my getting on my proper workouts and I've been eating too much. Friday was a little better as far as food, but I never got arounf to exercise. By the time I got home I knew it wasn't going to happen. I was truly tired. Saturday MUST be better.

deleted2
07-31-2005, 11:20 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ww bagel w/ cream cheese, lettuce, sprouts, onion, carrot

tortilla chips w/ humuus
3 baked green tomato slices
1 lite string cheese
1/2 cup bluberries

2 ears corn [fresh from the garden!]

"ice cream" w/ raspberries [frozen bananas, yogurt, cocoa]

1 ww toast w/ butter

calories: 1600
exercise: none [I've got to pull it together here!!!! :( ]

Amarantha2
07-31-2005, 11:43 AM
That bagel looks delicious ... I can't even find ww bagels here for some reason.

See ya!!!

deleted2
07-31-2005, 12:27 PM
Am, I get them from a natural foods store that special orders them from a bakery close by. Hey, you're not mising anything. I gave them a try and they lay like solid rocks in the belly, even with all those vegetables! So I chucked the remaining ones in the freezer and at some point they'll reincarnate as bread crumbs or maybe french toast!
It's 11:30 here and I still haven't turned my wrist to do anything today. What's going on? That's it--I just have to rise up and force myself to work out. It's not helping that it's a lazy rainy day too.
Where's my fire in the belly that I'm always so proud of? I WANT TO BE PERFECT AND DO EVERYTHING RIGHT!

Okay, this is me getting up and doing something, ANYTHING. Really, I mean it this time.

I need a plan for this coming week. Will formulate one after I work out and will post later.

Amarantha2
07-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Responded to ya on the challenge, E!!! I've challenged myself to 30 minutes ... LET'S DO IT!!! Time's a-WAISTIN' ol' diet pal (in my case, not yours, time's wastin' 'n GOIN' TO WAIST)!!! :lol:

I really mean it, too!

cacmsc
07-31-2005, 08:34 PM
Eydie hope your Dad's doing okay. Those are stressful times and they kind of make us want to eat what we are not suppose to. I got Tom yesterday and today just wanted a peppermint patties so I had it. Not the end of the world but not a good thing either. I got some news about my hubbies health the other day and that wasn't to great either. Just something more to worry my little head over. I hate the fact that he has a disease which there is no med. to cure or really help. And to think my kids could get it are equally scary! But I will deal with it all cause what else can I do? I do need to stay healthy that is for sure. So back to reality girls lets go forward, Move more eat healthy we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My challenge this week is getting to the gym my foot is better now no excuses! So its swimming laps or a gym trip at least 2 trips to the gym. I will do one on tues.. One on thurs. those are my scheduled days for this week. Let me know how your all doing too! Increase my yogurt and water also that makes a difference. No more pasta or white bread! Bagels they have whole wheat at the local bagel shop here. I guess at least we have that no trader Joes though!

cacmsc
08-02-2005, 07:48 AM
Hello everyone, well our summer is flying by to quickly I think we will all agree. I would like to slim down at least a few more lbs. by the end of August. I exercised by swimming laps yesterday for 30 min. I felt like it when I was done. I really felt good though.
My intake was a little different yesterday. I did have a Mikes lemonade with my girl friend next door as we planned our weekend to camp this weekend. My family and hers go quite often. So it was preplanning night for food etc. I did make a zucc. parm for dinner it came out good. The hubby turned his nose up of course but he has pasta and sauce. I forgot to put it away last night waiting for it to cool down. So in the trash today that is a shame. Thank goodness it was a small casserole dish and not a big one. At any rate I am going to aim a bit better today for my calorie intake. I am also going to take charge to bring some healthy stuff this weekend for camping. We are barbecuing chicken so why not bring casear salad lite? Good idea huh? Of course I will hike a bit which I think should give me some calorie burners to fit at least one smore in my diet plans. It may have to be my splurge day saturday. The higher calorie of the week day. Just to justify! Have a great day everyone . Edyie I hope your dad is feeling better?

deleted2
08-02-2005, 08:06 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
crustless veg quiche

1 ww bread w/ 1 tbsp. peanut butter

2 sprot wheat tortillsa w/ beans, cheese, salsa
fruit-sweet. peanut butter cookie

boca burger w/ ff cheese, salsa
steamed brocolli and cauliflower
lo-fat yougurt w/ blueberries and strawberries

calories: 1460
exercise: 30 min. bellydance
35 min. upper body

Cacmsc, my dad's feeling a little better. Thanks for asking! :)

Amarantha2
08-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Cac: Sorry you don't have Trader Joe's ... do you have a Sprouts or Whole Foods store? Both are very good. You're doin' great ... I need to join ya in hikin' ...

E, the sprouted wheat tortillas sound good ... I haven't seen any of those here ... I use a ww one but the sprouted one would be great ... your menu looks good ...

cacmsc
08-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Amarantha I have a health food store kind of on the high side. But our supermarkets are carrying more natural things lately so thats good. I will have to add some tortilla shells to my plan w/ beans sprouts etc. sounds good. I sometimes will make out of refried beans tacos. I just add the seasoning and its not too bad at all. Also taco salad is good and its been awhile since I have made it. Tonight will be on of our hottest evenings and days of the summer. I have marinated some chicken and plan on grilling it with veggies. The left over chicken I can have for lunch on friday. We are off camping again this weekend. I picked fresh blueberries last night at a local farm . One dollar a quart yah can't beat that. I grow some but not like theirs I get a handful they have rolls and taller than me. I loved it! Ate some along the way that was for sure. I will swim after work today due to the high temp. laps it is. My shoulder hurt abit last time must of over did on the swim. Just building muscle I GUESS? I took a client to the doctors yesterday. We were talking with the doc. about calcium and he was saying how very important it is to all of us. I guess its a good thing I added it in a bit more to my diet.
Take care! Caloire yesterday 1550.

deleted2
08-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
cheese stick
crustless veg. quiche

strawberries and blueberries w/ ff yogurt, 1/3 cup s-f granola

2 ww w/ cheddar/ cottage cheese spread, lettuce
2 peaches

tricuits and cream cheese

boca burger w/ salsa
1 pc. all-rye bread w/ butter

calories: 1660
exercise: 35 min. lower body

Food seems a bit uninspired today, but then I feel uninspired too. Found out that my dad's not doing as well as first thought. He was in such pain he had to go back to the doc's and now he's scheduled for surgery and after that he'll have to stay at a rehab for a few weeks and after that a skin graft. Looks like a long recovery period for him....

Amarantha2
08-04-2005, 11:43 AM
E, I'm sorry about thy dad havin' to face more recovery time. Sendin' good vibes his way ... actually thy menu looks pretty delish, though, not uninspirin' at all!!! You're doin' great! :cheer:

CAC, I love the whole wheat tortillas ... haven't put sprouts in 'em but sounds good ... I have a phobia about sprouts ... not sure if I've posted this but my favorite recipe is tuna and ol' fashioned Velveeta cheese (I know, saturated fat and definitely not trendy but good with this recipe, Old Dog usually eats half anyhow) microwaved on a whole wheat tortilla and rolled up like a burrito. :)

deleted2
08-06-2005, 06:48 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 all-rye bread w/ cheese, lettuce
peach

3 slices "fried" green tomatoes

2 ww w/ tempeh, mustard, lettuce, onion
roasted tomato soup

Clif "nectar" bar

ff milk w/ banana, peanut butter, choc. whey

Water: 4 glasses
exercise: 50 min. bellydance

deleted2
08-06-2005, 06:55 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww toast w/ egg, ff cheese, soy 'bacon'

nachos [tortilla chips w/ lite cheddar and fresh salsa]
few slices 'fried' green tomato

1/2 ww pita w/ humuus and vegs
tortilla chips and fresh salsa
carob brownie
fruit juice spritzer

exercise: 35 min. upper body

Hmmm. Still can't seem to pull my food scene together here, needs work. Haven't been planning lately. Something's "off" for me somewhere, but I keep on keepin' on. What else am I going to do? :p

deleted2
08-06-2005, 09:06 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 eggs scrambled w/ spinach, onions, red peppers, lite cheese, corn/black bean salsa
2 small Ezekiel tortillas

1 Ezekiel tortilla w/ 2 lite babybel cheeses
Clif 'Nectar" bar

roasted tomato soup
2 ww w/ tempeh, ff cheese, spinach, onion, mustard
carob brownie

water: 8 glasses [so far!]
calories: 1530
exercise: 45 min. walk + a 15 min. stroll early morning

I'm feeling a little better about my food intake today. Planning really is everything. Also, it helped to go out and buy some fruit today.

Amarantha, if you're reading this, I made one of your inspired cobbler/ crisp things today. Used cherries blueberries and strawberries---no sugar and really good!

Amarantha2
08-06-2005, 09:17 PM
[color=blue][b]Yup, I'm readin' E!!! Came over from the land far far to view the "details" :lol: ... and they look pretty delish! Good choices. Didna know Ezekiel made tortillas ... haven't seen 'em anywhere ... glad you made use o' the "cobbler" thing ... I had it for breakfast but have omitted the oatmeal recently because when I just use the almond meal, it tastes like a fruit flavored Indian pudding ... I really miss corn dishes (too high glycemic for me) but many things make good substitutes, like the revamped "cobbler" ... what is the Clif "nectar" bar like ... is it like a regular Clif bar ... I used to eat tons of those until one day I just couldn't eat anymore ... just curious about the "nectar" one ... the regular Clifs were really useful as road food ... not on my plan now, but a really hearty bar ... used to eat a fourth at a time and just keep puttin' the bar back in my briefcase.

deleted2
08-07-2005, 08:49 AM
I always find the Ezikiel tortillas in the freezer section. :)

Those "nectar" bars are made from all-organic ingredients, reasonably low cal [160]. There's a chocolate-walnut one that tastes for all the world like a brownie. The ingredients are simply dates, unsweet. chocolate, cocoa, and walnuts. I've found it's a good emergency food for me to have around when I'm feeling nostalgic for sugar.

Amarantha2
08-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Hi, there, E!!! I might look at those "nectar" bars ... none of the ingredients you list (except dates) are verboten to me ... will give 'em a look-see.

I find the Ezekial bread in the freezer section also, but no tortillas. Sheesh, you'd think in the southwest they'd sell the tortillas! :mad:

cacmsc
08-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Well girls its back to civilization, running water, bathrooms, phones, t.v. etc. But it was fun camping as long as its for a short period of time. In awhile yah need those extras in life we all take for granted.
At any rate I got some exercise hiking up and down the hills, walking to the water around the water to a good fishing site. Then yesterday we blew up the rafts and took a trip across to the 2 little islands across the way a bit. It wasn't so far and we just wanted to explore and say we could do it of course. Great upper body strength used thats for sure. Thank God for my muscles. So the three of us girls went off. I have to say there was one time I wondered if I was going to make it or not. But not to fear it was okay just a little current we didn't expect. It was against the law to swim so we were being kind of bad I guess but it was hot. We did get some good exercise and all felt pretty good afterwards to say that we made it!
Anyways my eating was okay I guess except for some potatoe chips dill that got into my system and some wine. I did get stuck in some mud and it felt like quicksand and afterwards we sat and just had a bit to drink. I was covered up to my ankles it was pretty funny and we laughed a lot this weekend. I guess you could say this grandma don't let any grass grow under her feet! We are only young once and we better not forget it or life will pass us by..I plan on going to the gym but not today I am beat! My hips are sore, I am tired feeling and just going to go to work and sit behind my desk for most of the day! I might take an afternoon swim though.
I plan on eating well today and staying under 1500 calories. We only ate breakfast and dinner when away so maybe it wasn't too bad? But who was counting not I .
Take care wish you could of seen me stuck in that mud taking a short cut through the woods! Never again! The long way is much better when I pulled the shoe out it had 4 inches of mud at least on it. Couldn't even tell what it was!
Have a super day, use your 3 M's carefully! Mind, Muscle,mouth if we are careful maybe our scale will move again soon!

Amarantha2
08-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Sounds like a fun trip, Cacmsc, and a great workout!!! Have a good day and hope ya get some rest!!! :wave:

deleted2
08-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ww pita w/ lite cream cheese, spinach, onion, corn,cauliflower, onions, lite cheddar, soy 'bacon'

cherry-blueberry crisp w/ wayyyy too much homemade ice cream :o

1 plum

small Ezikiel tortilla w. beans, corn, cheese, salsa
brown rice w/ cauliflower
cherry/ blueberry crisp

water: 3 glasses
calories: I really shudder to think....

exercise: 20 min. yoga

deleted2
08-08-2005, 08:36 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
ww tortilla w/ beans, cheese, corn, onions

1 oz. peanuts

ww pita w/ lite cream cheese, humuus, peppers, spinach, onions
1 1/2 cups bluebrries and strawberries

tomato soup
2 ww w/ ff cheese
choc. macaroon [honey-sweet]

calories: 1660

exercise: 35 min. lower body and abs

Cacmsc, good to see you back! :D

cacmsc
08-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Girls I gave in to having an ice cream on the way home yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! But afterwards did good sticking to my plan. I wanted something last night to snack on and made it a pear and a cuke from my garden. It had the crunch I needed without the calories. I still think I was close to my 1450 calories yesterday. Today I will do better about not giving in to the devil who got me over to the ice cream stand. It wasn't even my favorite place and it was just okay. Now that really rots doesn't it! But maybe a good lesson learned!
Today will be a stressful morning big meeting and not a friendly one at all. I am sure my blood pressure will be up today. I am trying to deal with my thoughts of what ifs ahead of time so I can deal with things properly. I will be glad when its over with. Some situations aren't easy to deal with and this is one of my hardest. But other than getting up during the night thinking about it I will handle it fine. At least I hope so! I need to be careful not to turn to food as a end result! I will be strong enough to over come this day I HOPE!

deleted2
08-09-2005, 07:55 AM
Good luck, cacmsc! Let us know how your day goes! :)

Amarantha2
08-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Good luck, cacmsc!

cacmsc
08-10-2005, 07:43 AM
Well girls much better than expected! The parents weren't happy but my client made some good choices for himself and his future. That is what it is all about making sure that my clients lives his life to the fullest and has choices. For some parents it is hard to let go and let them make the choices. At any rate the meeting ended with my client being pleased and looking forward to a happier life style and future. I could of banked my paycheck it was going to go the other way. So needless to say it was a stressful event but worth my blood pressure and work. As they say all in a days work. Service Coordination isn't always such an easy job. But sometimes is very rewarding and you feel good that you helped someone reach for their goals in life.
My diet wasn't too bad ai did share a brownie with a friend. But that was better than eating the whole thing. I made spaghetti squash for dinner as a side dish. It was really great added a bit of olive oil and fresh sauted garlic and some parm. cheese. I will have that again sometime soon. It would be a good dinner all by itself. Never made it before. I am aiming for my 1400 calories today and some swimming exercise its going into the 90's. Hotty!!!!!!!!!!!! I have an all day conference on medicare and medicaid laws rules, changes so a real exciting day planned hah hah!
Take care!

deleted2
08-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi cacmsc! What a nice surprise when things go better than expected, huh? You do good work!!! :)

deleted2
08-10-2005, 04:00 PM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
boca burger w/ goddess dressing

banana and strawberries

tomato soup
2 ww w/ ff cheese, spinach, onion, peppers
carob brownie

1/2 cup brown rice w/ tempeh, salsa cruda, cheese

1 ww toast w/ butter
nectarine

calories: 1550
exercise: 20 min. power yoga
25 min. Pilates

I've gotten into a really bad habit of having toast before bed. Comforting but not necessary!

Amarantha2
08-10-2005, 04:47 PM
[color=blue][b]Hi, Cac, glad you had a rewarding work experience, you are doing great with your fitness/food goals!!! :cheer:

E, I trekked over here from the land far far to thank thee for companionin' moi on the 1500 challenge!!!! WE WILL DO 'ER!!! Sis boom bah ...

Re the toast, I personally think it's beneficial to have a healthy late snack ... ww toast w/butter and the fruit are both fiber filled and low glycemic, seems like it'd be a good thing for the ol' blood sugar and hence for any depression that might ensue in the night ... but not meanin' to comment on thy comment as thou knowest best what's good for thee ...

Gotta go. There's a lizard in my kitchen and I have to make sure it goes outside again.

deleted2
08-10-2005, 06:17 PM
I appreciate all your comments, Amarantha! I want to cut out the toast because of the butter, a real trigger food for me, just makes me want MORE! And this may sound crazy but Garry makes the best toast ever, crisp in spots and gooshy with butter in spots--yep, gotta cut it out! Maybe tomorrow night....just one more fling! :lol:

wkgirl
08-11-2005, 01:44 AM
Hi everybody!
I havent had time to read up, but Im sure you are still sluggin away!
My holidays were good, my sisters wedding was beautiful, and Ive been home but busy...sorry not to post...
I miss BFL, and have completely fallen off any exercise or healthy eating schedule..Im hoping to start eating sensibly tomorrow..as ive gained 13 lbs in 3 weeks..i know some is baby. :bb: but most is eating the same or more and not exercising...yikes...im now 10 weeks and time is flying...only a little nausea so far, but the heartburn is beginning. :(
I hope to catch up with you soon,
See ya later, eh! :lol:

cacmsc
08-11-2005, 07:47 AM
wkgirl its hard to fit our good eating habits in when we are away from home or at a special event. Don't be to hard on yourself just reflect back to what you knew was good for you before and slowly try to set some of those things back in. I find setting goals for myself or scheduling exercise works for me. Which come to think I should do again because it gets me moving. Good luck!
Edyie I know I like a snack at night too! How about a yogurt or some fruit? Just a thought. I used to like a bowl of cereal. There is just something about having a little snack before we turn in. Thanks for your kind words yesterday.
I am trying to swing back into my own good habits. Its not easy sometimes. Yesterday I ate lunch at an all day medicaid/medicare conference. Lots of changes coming up for everyone in October and lots of info. to get used to doing for others. I didn't do to bad eating but did have a small piece of white cake and shouldn't of made a sandwich. Instead I should of added the meat to my salad. Oh well an after thought hours later! But some girls really ate! Had several desserts I felt good to have control over what I did take. Watching others helped me have some guidelines sadly to say!
Today I am going to eat with in my calorie range, healthy foods, exercise swimming.
Have a super day!

deleted2
08-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Great to 'see' you again, Karla! :D Accountability is always good--why don't you post your menus here for awhile. Hoe'd that great new dress work out for you sis's wedding?

I'm still dealing with the stress of my dad being in the hospital, but am staying on track for the most part. Seems to be a general drain on my energy. The worst part is there's really nothing I can do.

Thursday I hope to keep my calories around 1500 and do some abs exercises, and maybe walk on the treadmill, and work out on my Pilates machine.

deleted2
08-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
brown rice w/ tempeh, fresh salsa, cheese

whey protein drink

2 ww w/ lite cream cheese, cheddar, spinach, peppers, onion, cucumber
nectarine

Clif 'nectar' bar

tomato soup w/ 1/4 c. br. rice and salsa stirred in
boca burger w/ goddess dressing
1/2 cup strawbs and blueberries

calories: 1510
protein: 70 grams
fruit/ vegs: 7 serv.

exercise: 45 min. upper body workout
15 min. yoga

cacmsc
08-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Hello everyone,
Yesterday I was beat after work and never exercised just relaxed. Starting monday I am going to put my self on a schedule again to exercise. That seems to be the best way for me. Hope your all having a good day. I am off to work.

deleted2
08-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww w/ lite cream cheese, 2 hard-boiled eggs, spinach, onion

1/2 cup brown rice w/ soy 'chicken', salsa, cheese
strawberries and blueberries [1 cup]

fruit-sweet. banana cake

2 big pcs. pizza [bad...white flour and all that]

then another pc. of banana cake when i got home!

Calories: I really shudder to think. If I had to guess I'd say about 2500! :o

exercise: 25 min. Pilates machine

Jeez, the one time that I don't bring food with me and I get too hungry. Live and learn.....I should NEVER leave the house without some kind of emergency food.

Amarantha2
08-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Hi, E 'n Cac!!! :wave:

E, left ya a message on the journal in the land far far ... I really think with all that's goin' on, ya did well ... AND ya did the Pilates, too ... I want to do that more, bought a pilates mag and was lookin' at the great new machines ... seems the machines are makin' a comeback as the discipline goes back to its roots rather than mistakin' it for something else like yoga.

Today is a new day ... let's go!

cacmsc
08-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Edyie preplanning always seems to help I hear you loud and clear. At least its a process of learning what we could do better next time. I think thats and important part of learning to have a new lifestyle. There is times we all slip up its jumping back into the ring of improvement that makes the difference and how soon we do that before damage is done. This speaking truly of my own experiences. Have a great day and every day is a new start!
Amarantha I am trying to use less sugar and white flour boy its tough!

deleted2
08-15-2005, 07:08 AM
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 eggs, 2 egg whites, scrambled w/ 1/4 c. cottage cheese, brocolli, onions, pepprs, salsa, cheese, soy 'bacon'

Salad [lettuce, lots of vegs, beans, feta, soy 'chicken', goddess dressing]

1 ww toast w/ butter

corn muffin
boca burger w/ salsa
sweet potato wedges

calories: 1770

exercise: 20 min. Pilates

deleted2
08-15-2005, 07:12 AM
MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK:

Drink at least 10 glasses of water per day.

SWEAT every day!

Pilates or yoga every day.

At least 7 servings of fruit/vegs every day.

Count calories and make good food choices!!!

cacmsc
08-15-2005, 08:44 AM
My goal for this week will be to get my exercise in for 3 times at the gym. I will schedule myself on the calendar. This has been helpful in the past. I also will be shooting for around 1400 -1500 calories a day. I have our anniversary on friday which means we are going out for a nice dinner. But will work on choosing low cal breakfast and lunches. Also a graduation party on saturday and I will work on the same that day.
Together we will all reach our goals, support and encouragement and knowing we aren't alone in this fight to improve our life styles.