Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 07:33 AM   #16  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello girls! I will be trying to get some more info on BFL. Sounds so far interesting and your food intakes look great! I must be out of the loop cause I have never even read anything of Pam's before. That I remember anyways. I have been at least maintaing my wt. I just jumped off the computer and got on the scale. First time in weeks and I was at 170lbs. That is only up .5 which was my lowest pt. so far. The last few weeks other than a few exceptions I have tried to be good. Its so hard to stay away from all the temptation out there! Anyways before even getting on the scale today I made up my mind to eat healthy this weekend and make a difference in my wt. So if you don't mind company I will join in. I still need to know more about the BFL program. Any infl. you can provide would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2005, 07:03 AM   #17  
deleted2

Welcome, cacmsc! Congrats on maintaining your weight--what sort of program are you on now? For some quick info on Body For life for Women check out drpeeke.com.

Old 06-12-2005, 07:15 AM   #18  
deleted2

Default Saturday--June 11

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
omelette [egg sub. 1 egg, lite cheese, brocolli]
2 ww toast

lentil soup
cucmber and red pepper strips w/ ff ranch
2 clementines
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

Mojo bar ***1 oz. cheddar

3 big romaine leaves w/ tofu, pepeprs, cucmbers, onion, carrot, Thai peanut sauce, a few cashews
strawberries

calories: 1475
water: 9 glasses
protein: 71 grams
fruit/ vegs: 9 servings

exercise: 55 Min. upper body

I'm SO loving having all the fruit and vegetables! Well, I always have but I'm back in the honeymoon phase for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm trying to be particularly creative and not depend on so much bread and cheese.
The spring roll-y things I had for dinner were great! The only bad thing is there's no truly graceful way to eat them. Once you pick up one of those stuffed romaine leaves you're committed, and have no choice but to chow down!

Did my workout with great concentration--very curious to see if there'll be a change. { I wasn't really putting my heart into my pre-BFL workout.}

Old 06-12-2005, 08:39 AM   #19  
Empress/Queen

Eydie, thanks for the url. For some reason I didn't know about it. I check on the book on Amazon. Will be ordering. You are doing great. I see a wonderful commitment going on here ... your BFL adventure is really something you are enjoying and that's really what it's about.

Hello to cacmsc!!! I am not officially part o' this challenge as right now I don't do BFL for Women, but have done BFL several times, actually, in the past. Right now I guess I'm a cheerleader on this thread!!!

So to both o' ya.

E, what is a mojo bar!
Old 06-12-2005, 11:21 AM   #20  
fIREFLY

Edyie your really motivated good for you. I really am not on any certain diet but trying to use my info. I have gathered from info. and trying to stay under 1500 cal. a day. Most days I can do it without a problem once in awhile yah just go up a bit. But thats not so bad as long is it isn't everyday. Now that the weather is nice I am more active w/ swimming, yardwork etc. and this week back to the gym. I am going to try to commit to the a.m. routine. It will be cooler and no excuses at the end of my day. I will plan on working out at least 3 times at the gym and swimming inbetween.
I liked your spring roll ups I do something similar with cajun turkey or tuna etc. We can do without so much bread. Recently, I started using these little whole wheat pitas. I put hummus, tuna, veggies etc. and a little variety here and there. They are tasty and filling. Only 110 calories for 2 plain that is. But if its the only bread for the day not so bad. I have even toasted them split and put canadian bacon on them and a poached egg. Still pretty low cal for breakfast about under 200 calories. Also I make sure I get my calcium in everyday. That is important too! Good luck and I will ck that site out.
Today: eggs, w/ onion, fresh spinach, cheese,canadian bacon., 1 slice It. toast
Lunch?
Dinner/ chicken breast grilled, brocoli, salad w/ cukes, radishes, onions, croutons
1 frozen fruit pop.
exercise: swimming lots of water w/ lemon to drink throughout the day! yard work!
Old 06-12-2005, 12:26 PM   #21  
deleted2

cacmsc, I'll join you in your morning workout challenge. I always feel good about working out in the morning. Seems to set the tone for the day and makes me feel more committed. Thanks for the inspiration!

Amarantha, about the mojo bars--they're made by the Clif bar folks. The 'mixed nuts' bar is sweetened with rice syrup and oat syrup [?], so it passes my no-sugar test. [although I really need to check out that oat syrup]. It's very satisfying and has that sweet/salty thing that I love so much. Ooh, bad thing is one of the ingredients is pretzels made with white flour---but for the occasional treat, not too bad.

First week down! According to the program this is supposed to be 'free day', meaning I don't have to exercise, but I think I'll do some yoga and Pilates later. I really don't like to miss a day.
A, remember in the original BFL the one day a week where you could eat anything you wanted? I think that's what turned me off about it---I just can't go there. As magical as it sounded I just couldn't do it. Madness!

Old 06-12-2005, 12:37 PM   #22  
Empress/Queen

E, so do they not do the day off eating thing in the BFL for Women? Yes, that day was the program killer for me, too.

I need to find the book. I started a new six day challenge and a new journal in the land far far away today and maybe the book will give me a focus as I haven't had decided exactly what my challenge is! Taking day off work (shouldn't but am) and will see if I can find that book.

Cacmsc, you are doing great!!!

And E, ya rock as always. Too bad the Mojo bars would be "illegal" for me no matter what challenge I'm doin'! I think the oat flour would be fine, though. It's basically ground up oatmeal. You can even make your own. Hard to say, though, whether the manufacturer of the bar has refined it too much or not.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #23  
deleted2

Nope, no free eating day in BFL4women. She does talk about a mini-chill--that's where you allow yourself some small reasonable treat, and that is indeed reasonable but I still can't do it. If I had one of those dark chocolate bars in the house there'd be no way that I could have a couple of squares and no more. It'd taunt me from the cupboard till I ate it. Oh well, good to know one's limitations!

Hey, let me know if you find anything new and exciting at the market today!

Old 06-12-2005, 04:25 PM   #24  
Empress/Queen

Naw, just got fresh mushrooms this time to put in the chicken dijon. And I am with ya on the reasonable treat thing. You saw what happened when I allowed myself a few bites of sugar in the past few weeks. It's the slippery slope. Can't do 'er!

I didn't find the book but will be going to Border's in a few days and will get it then. I may join ya in a more formalized version of the challenge after I see it, but am with ya both in spirit anyhow and inspired by you, I will continue my own (weird) challenges for the nonce.

E, thanks for the visit to my new journal. I've posted all of this week's "rules" now in accordance with the new tough love philosophy re Maisie!

Sis boom 'n bah!!! Huzzah! Keep goin' BFL for Women women!!!
[/b]
Old 06-13-2005, 06:02 AM   #25  
deleted2

Default Sunday's food journal

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2 [2 big cups]
3 sweet potato pancakes w/ maple syrup, alittle butter, lots of strawberries
2 pcs. soy bacon

Salad [lettuce, spinach, brocolli, peppers, carrots, onion, cukes, chickpeas, feta, lo-fat Italian]
1/2 cup fruit-sweet. ice cream

Salad [lettuce, vegs, tofu, Thai peanut sauce, a few cashews]
cantalope

Calories: 1640
protein: 62 grams
water: 12 glasses
fruit/vegs: 10 servings

exercise: 40 min. garden work***20 min. mat Pilates

Breakfast was such a treat---it 'cost' me about 650 calories, but it was worth it! I love having those big Sunday breakfasts. And it's amazing how flavorful just a bit of butter can be when you're not used to having it. I have to watch it with butter though. It's always been one of my trigger foods, but I had good control today.
A very restful day. I got the garden work out of the way first,and that was good because it rained all day, so we read, watched a couple of movies, and I prepared some food for the coming week.
Didn't do as exercise as I'd hoped, but for a 'free day' it was okay!

Old 06-13-2005, 06:11 AM   #26  
deleted2

Hmmmm. One thing that I'm not doing that's strongly recommended in the book is eating 6 times a day. When I was doing SARP [Sugar Addict's Recovery Program], I got in the habit of eating 3 times a day, and the reason for that is to train you NOT to be thinking about food all the time and to practice impulse control, so I'm going to keep going with what feels right. Somedays I'll have snacks, sometimes not.

I have a feeling that this'll be a week where I want to have snacks. We're having a kid's program at work and I'll be preparing snacks for them. If I'm going to be surrounded by the kind of food they like [and I used to like!] I'd better be prepared with my own stuff so I won't be tempted to pilfer theirs!

Old 06-13-2005, 06:53 AM   #27  
fIREFLY

Do you make your own Thai peanut sauce? If so can you share the recipe? I am not going to the gym this morning. But will be starting on Tues. a.m.. Its nice in the morning very quiet and gets your energy up to start your day. I did do some swimming in the evening last night. It was so nice. The pool is my best friends who live right next door. I just take a trip through the woods to get there its my warm up before my swim! I feel good about my wt. staying stable but ready to make some changes to get it moving in a down ward fashion soon! Today will be my challenge as I have a picnic this afternoon w/ a couple of clients then a birthday party tonight. But I did make a spinach salad for this evening and a chef one. We are ordering pizza but one w/ just peppers so I will have that one. Its all in pre planning I think at least it helps. I am going to have fresh strawberries and cool whip for my dessert. The rest are having strawberry shortcake/ cupcakes/ ice cream. So I am making some better choices I think? Oh I have used in the past pretzels in the place of nuts. Its kind of interesting change of pace. Have you tried the whole wheat pretzels? They aren't too bad and I dip them in some hot mustard. I like spicy and hot food! It also benefits your metabolism levels.
Hang in there we are on this journey together. And together we can all make a difference.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:42 AM   #28  
deleted2

No, this time I didn't make my own peanut sauce. I bought a jar from a natural foods store of HOT peanut butter, brand name is Peanut Butter and Company and they make flavored peanut butters. This one was called 'The Heat Is On' and it was way too hot too eat on it's own so I thinned it down with water and added a touch of honey and voila, Thai peanut sauce!

Yesterday I did a morning workout and felt great about it. Don't think it's gonna happen today though---late start and all that.

You're so right about it all being about making choices and planning ahead, cacmsc. And it sounds like you're a master planner. How did it go at your events yesterday?

Old 06-14-2005, 06:48 AM   #29  
deleted2

Default Monday

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww w/ peanut butter, cream cheese, spinach, lettuce
strawberries

Salad [lettuce, vegs, feta, chickpeas, tofu, lite Italian]
cantalope***ww fig bar

1 oz. cheddar***apple

brown rice pasta w/ zucchini-tom sauce w/ feta
steamed brocolli
1 cup fruit-sweet. ice cream

1/2 cup granola [fruit-sweet]

calories: 1570
protein: 47 grams
water: 9 glasses
fruit/vegs: 9 servings

exercise: 30 min. step video
10 min. on lateral thigh strider
35 min. lower body/ abs

Good food day and all, but I felt tempted to overeat. Wonder what's up with that?

Old 06-14-2005, 07:00 AM   #30  
fIREFLY

The events went really well and I ran around so much with having 30 folks and 10 of them kids no calories could hurt me! I did manage to cool off for 5 min. in the pool before the storm hit. But at least it held off for the party and we were outside for almost everything. My grandgirls loved it and my daughter couldn't thank me enough for having it at my house. We have a big yard and it just worked out nice! Thank God for good weather and a sprinkler system.
I have to ck out the peanut sauce. Today I am preplanning again working lots of hours today. I have my reg. shift and then a parent meeting. So 8:00 til 8:30 with a break for lunch and dinner. I am having dinner out but I will try to make healthy choices. I have a dress on I purchased last year and it was to tight but was on sale. So now it fits first time I've worn it. That will be a good reminder to stay eating healthy today. Boy does it feel good to fit into it! I guess it will become a favorite! A good test for measuring changes.
Starting off my day with a smoothie made of orange juice, water , ice and peaches, yogurt. About 200 calories. Lunch will be some pulled pork no bread 180 calories/ salad w/low cal dressing/ few croutons/almonds 5 =100 calories total appox. 500 That gives me room to play a bit. I know their serving dessert tonight at the meeting. I will try to not be too tempted.
Have a great day!
Closed Thread