WW Clubs and Groups - Turtle Group #141 - Summer!

View Full Version : Turtle Group #141 - Summer!

LaurenH
06-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Hi, turtles. I can't believe it has been so long since I checked in here. :( Sorry about that! It has been a crazy time, too much to do. I leave on Saturday for my working cruise to Canada and New England, as it turns out. It's supposed to be cold and rainy, and we're going to be working like dogs, so don't envy me too much! I'm a bit concerned about the food. Everyone I've talked to gained weight on their cruise. I REALLY don't want to gain any more weight! I keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds.

Anyway. It's very hot here -- 92 today, which is unusual for SE Michigan. The days are long and sunny, which is nice, and the nights are still cool.

Got to run, but I didn't want to stay silent and make you think I didn't care or had fallen off a cliff! It looks like we've lost everyone except faithful Bandit and Judy. Choosewell? Swania?

-- Lauren
274/215/DOWN

Itryharder
06-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Dear Turtles,
Lauren, I wish you the best on your cruise. Hopefully they'll keep you real busy and you won't have time to eat. LOL. I know you can request foods, so you know what to do. I'm wishing you lots of good luck because I'm stuck where you are right now.

I lost two pounds and I'm still up 5. Not fun. I'm working on it and today I finally got on the treadmill. I don't know why I don't keep this going. Gotta run. Am weighing 217#on my home scale. Will get to WW's tomorrow, but I'll be up on their scale. Have to get my head straight.
Love,
Judy
Bandit, thanks for chiming in. Lauren, thanks for chiming in and setting us up again on a new thread. Swania and Choosie--e-mail us separately if that works for you, just keep on keepin' on.
Love again and :goodvibes:
Judy

bandit2
06-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi turtles:

Lauren - have a great time on you cruise! It will be difficult with all that food around you but maybe you can have some point-friendly food in your room & have some quick meals in there. My girlfriend stays alot in hotels on business & always takes raisin bran, some ww bars, fruit, little cans of tuna & melba toast. Anyway have a great time.

Judy nice job on the 2# loss. Keep up the good work.

I was down 1.2# at my meeting last night so I was happy with that.

Anyway, bye for nowl

Itryharder
06-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Bandit, you're doing great! Another week and another nice weight loss. You are motivated and doing the right thing for yourself. Weigh to go! :bravo:
:goodvibes:

I'm doing better and of course now that I'm back on track I want 85# to come off this week. Egads. Well, I'll head to WW tonight, take the misery on the scale, and do the right things for myself. It'll be good to see my WW friends there. :cool:

Lauren, have a good cruise. Choosie, how are you doing? Swania, I have you on my mind. Everyone take care of yourselves and :grouphug: to us all.
Love,
Judy

LaurenH
06-08-2005, 06:37 PM
I would LOVE to eat in my room. Unfortunately, I'm supposed to get to know people and see if we can convince them to let us interview and observe them. That means I have to get in touch with my inner extravert (assuming she's in there somewhere) and get out and meet people as much as possible. So we've requested to be seated at a large table in the evenings at dinner. Lunch will probably be onshore most days, so maybe I can find something light (or bring along some Atkins bars). But dinner isn't until 8:15 each night! Gaaah! Well, I'll make sure I get some exercise in here somehow and just do the best I can.

Bandit, woo-hoo on that loss! And Judy, way to go getting motivated again. And using your treadmill! I can't believe how out of shape I am. I walk to and from my car at work each day for a total of about 20 minutes, and that's about it! At least it's uphill.

Hugs to Choosie and Swania. We miss you. Lin, you too, should you be checking in these days ...

-- Lauren

Itryharder
06-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, weigh to go! I'm glad to see you're so focused right now. Anything you'd like to share about your motivation right now?

Lauren,
good luck on the cruise. It is presenting many challenges and is a tough set-up. I know you will figure out a way to work around the food challenges because this is so important to you.

I was bemoaning to my sister about how I keep on losing and regaining the same 8-10 pounds. It has been almost five years since I rejoined WW's in hopes of finally knocking off my excess weight. I lost 23 pounds in a normal manner in the first year and have spent the next four yo-yoing and getting nowhere. She suggested that if I had only "yo-ed" that I would have gained over 60 pounds and maybe I needed to look at it that way. That's a new perspective. Besides beating myself up never gets me anywhere. I have lost a tiny bit this week. I went to my WW mtg. on Wed. only to find that my leader is in Italy and will be there this week also. I confided in a nice gal who sits next to me most meetings that I was sad Margo wasn't there because I would have stayed after the mtg. with the new members to get a shot of inspiration. That's when my friend reminded me that a few months ago I had told her that my triglyceride count was way down and that my blood test was good. She said to remember this little saying: We see obstacles when we lose sight of our goal. I like it and have to remember to keep on thinking positive and put all the baby steps in action. Treadmill and water and using my check off sheet from WW's will help keep me on track.

Good luck Lauren. I know your cruise starts very soon. Here's a :bravo: for all the weight you've lost. Here's :goodvibes: for this particular challenge. And here's a :grouphug: for all of us.

Love,
Judy
:cool:

bandit2
06-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Hi turtles:

Judy - I think we all need to be motivated. What seems to help with me is at my ww meeting to show some kind of loss. Anything with a little -sign helps. I have always journalled well & keep my journal closeby. During the week I make my breakfast, lunch & snacks and pack them up & take everything to work. I eat breakfast at my desk - I do not like to eat as soon as I get up.

Maybe keep in mind to start each day new & not to obsess over yesterday - I think that helps me rather than keep starting over on Mondays.

Lauren - when I have gone to buffets with friends I stay at table & have a drink when they are having their 1st plate, then I have my 1st plate when they have their 2nd plates. This have helped me in the past. Hopefully you will get in some excercise & have some nice big salads & fruit & skip those desserts! Have a great time - wish I was going.

Bye for now.

Itryharder
06-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit,
Thanks for those tips. They make a lot of sense and are just the boost I need to keep going. Today is good for me. I've already gotten on the treadmill and my food is good. The big factor is that since I'm on Core, to lose weight I've got to keep to Core foods and then carefully track those off core. I'm doing that since Wednesday and hope to show a good weight loss on Wed. Thanks again.
:goodvibes:
Judy

Itryharder
06-12-2005, 10:22 PM
Hi TUrtles,
Just a quicky to let you know I am getting on the treadmill every day and am checking off the flexpoints as I use them. Yay! :bravo:
Good luck to us all.
Love,
Judy

bandit2
06-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Judy - you really sound motivated - keep up the good work!

I had a few too many drinks on Sat - but it was fun and today is bf birthday & he wants to go to Boston Pizza for dinner then a movie, so I am eating a salad only for lunch today. I went on internet for Boston Pizza points & they are really high for almost everthing. I think I will probably order a 1/2 order of spag w/meat sauce - it comes with slice of garlic toast & salad & is 12 points (which isn't too bad) considering some things are 30 & 40 points for full meals. And tomorrow bf is having a bbq & having his daughter's family over & me & dd are invited to that as well. If I go it will have to be something small & salad only with it. This is what happens with me - too many social things all at once & I find once I overdo it I keep going.

Anyway had a good weekend & got in some walks last week. So I just have to be careful & make sensible choices this week.

Bye for now, have a great OP day!

Itryharder
06-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Dear Bandit,
Good luck with your bf's birthday plans. I know what you mean about being "social" and then overdoing. You've got some good plans so here's a :bravo: to help you keep to them.
Yesterday I was depressed and overate. My weight is not budging even with all I'm doing, so I think I have to return to Flex points to shake things up and do better.
Have good time and keep OP because that's when you feel the best.
Love,
Judy

bandit2
06-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi turtles - well the plans changed & we ended up at Mandarin (which is a huge Chinese buffet). I didn't think I overdid it - but felt all puffy next day.

Had a few drinks & munchies at trailer bonfire & today when I got to work we had lunch brought in for managers birthday - BOY what a week. I know I will be up tomorrow but will go to my meeting anyway.

Judy, I hope you are feeling better today. I tried core before & run out of points in 2 days - so I do FLEX, works better for me when I stay OP.

Have a great evening & hope to hear from all you other turtles soon!

bandit2
06-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi everyone - didn't have a good weigh in, was up 1.6# so have to really focus this week. Suppose to go out for Italian dinner tonight but will really have to make best choices I can.

Got in a walk Mon night - but have to get more of those in as well.

Everyone must be really busy - talk to you soon.

Itryharder
06-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, I hear you. I got back to WW's last week and this week again. Right now I'm up, but staying the same. Lots of stress right now and I'm coping by eating and then beating myself up with guilt over eating.
This morning at WW's I heard a gal who reached goal say that on Core (which works nicely for me when I do it) she eats a meal and knows she can always have fruit. So after the mtg. I bought a nice bunch of different fruits and I'm doing well today. My dd and her son stayed with us for four days. She's been feeling blue, so she really wanted to go out for a lot of meals. We did that, and I held my own, but I'm supposed to be losing aka Swania's July 4th challenge! I'm with the program. Bandit, I promise I'll try to be supportive and chime in here more often.
Good luck to us all.
:goodvibes: and :bravo:
Love,
Judy

Itryharder
06-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Hi Turtles,
Well, one day down and I stayed OP. I'm back on Core and have a tracking paper on my fridge to make sure I drink all my water, eat veggies, etc. I'm feeling better. We may go out tonight for dinner, but if we go to Outback I can have a salad, baked potato, and steak ==really enjoy myself and still lose weight. That's the idea?
:goodvibes: to all. Lauren should be back from her cruise soon. Bandit, keep on keepin' on. I like your advice about Flex. I am going to give Core one more try because I do well on it emotionally and physically when I sty with it.
Take care, do well and chime in when you can.
Love and best wishes to all the Turtles.
Love,
Judy
:bravo: We can do this. July 4th is coming up soon.

Itryharder
06-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi Turtles,
Yesterday was great. I did two miles on the treadmill and then I mowed the lawn and did housework too. I ate Core. My dh and I were out shopping when he got very hungry, so we headed for a restaurant where I know they serve whole wheat pasta.
I had some and today I'm down 1 1/2#. That does my little heart good! Yay! I keep remembering that on Core if I'm hungry I can always have fruit. That's a huge help.
Hope to see my dd and dsil and db today. Think I'll swim and barbecue and have a great summery day.
Good luck to us all. :goodvibes:
Choosie--I gained a lot of weight after I had my d&c and cancer had been ruled out.
I think it was the aftermath of having to be brave, etc. Chime in when you can. You always have important things to say.
Lin, if you check in once in awhile, hi there! Always loved your posts.
Swania, thanks for keeping in touch.
Lauren, are you off the ship yet? How did it go? How's your dh?
Bandit, how's the summer cottage? How's your dd? How are you coping with food right now? You've been inspiring me. Thanks.
Love,
Judy
:bravo: and :grouphug:

bandit2
06-27-2005, 10:45 AM
Hi turtles:

Judy - congrats on your weight loss & keeping on track with exercise & water - Good for you!

I have done well this week - have stayed OP & have had some walks up at my trailer.
I decided I would walk up to the recycling center everyday I was there. Also cut my grass then went for a swim afterwards. But had a really great weekend. DD & her friend came to trailer Sat then her & I went to dance recital at her old studio. So that was fun to see some of girls & parents again. Kind of sad since some of them are finished this year.

I have used 10 flex points this week & feel really good & hoping for a loss tomorrow night at ww.

Hi to everyone & keep up the good work.

bandit2
06-29-2005, 07:30 AM
Hi everyone - I had a great w/i, was down 2.8# so I was thrilled with that.
Makes difference staying OP & getting in those walks. Really makes me want to stay on track.

So how is everyone else doing? Hopefully staying OP, drinking water and getting exercise.

Lately it has been SO hot - it is incredible. I don't have AC at home but main floor has been OK for sleeping with a fan on. Trailer has AC thank goodness, so that is better.

Anway, have a great OP day & talk to you soon.

Itryharder
07-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, that's such a great weight loss. :bravo: :goodvibes: Weigh to go!!!!!!!!! It's great to do the right thing and have it work.
All goes well here, but we've been busy. When I calculated how often I see my daughter and family, no wonder I don't have any time!!!! We see them about 5 days a week. I love it, but other things have sure gone by the boards. Now I have to make sure that my weight loss is on the list again.
Good luck to us all. :grouphug:
Love,
Judy

bandit2
07-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Hi turtles:

Hope you all had a great holiday!

I didn't too bad over the long weekend - a few drinks here & there and some snacks but overall not terrible. Have my w/i tomorrow night so we will see how much damage was done. I got in some walks over the weekend as well.

Judy - nice you can spend the time with your dd & family, I think that is great!

Hoping you are back on track & talk to you soon.

Where are all the other turtles hiding!! :-)

Itryharder
07-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Calling all Turtles,
Lauren, if you're posting somewhere else, please let us know. Choosie, if you can post, we'd sure appreciate the help. Swania, I know you're having trouble with posting, but we're thinking of you.
:goodvibes: to all,
Love,
Judy

bandit2
07-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Hi turtles:

Well, I stayed the same at my w/i last night so that was OK - better than a gain.
I will have to stay on track this week & get in some more walks.

Saying a big "HI" to all you turtles & would like to hear from all of you.

Have a great OP day.

Itryharder
07-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, I'm out here keeping you company. You had a great weight loss last week and your attitude is good about this week. I'm pulling for you to lose a nice amt. this week coming up.
I headed to WW's mtg. today and had a minute to chat with the lecturer. Then I attended the mtg. I'm up in weight by about 3# so I'm not happy, but I really haven't been doing WW's. I haven't had the right foods in the house and I'm not doing what I need to. After the mtg. I headed to the supermarket and bought what I need. I think I'm going to be fine.
Bandit--you go girl! :goodvibes:
:grouphug: to all the turtles.
Love,
Judy

Itryharder
07-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Hi Turtles,
Quick update: I've been doing great for 2 1/2 days. Right food, eating out also but choosing the right menu items. I've lost some of the fluffy weight. Now I have to keep on taking this one step at a time until I reach my first goal of five pounds down.
Good luck to us all.
Love,
Judy
:grouphug:

Itryharder
07-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Hi Turtles,
Good news for me! My fluffy weight is definitely coming off. I've eaten out three times since last Wednesday and the weight is still coming off. Yay! I made good choices. When I wanted something off Core, I reminded myself that if I stay on Core I have good results. Then I made some popcorn or had a piece of fruit. So right now I'm flying high. I have to remember this when I sink. It is always possible to get and stay on track. It's always possible to make the right choices. It has to be a priority.
Bandit, I'm so glad you're still posting here. Take care of yourself and good luck with everything you're doing.
Love to all,
Judy

bandit2
07-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi turtles:

Judy - you sound like you are making great choices & progress. Good for you, keep up the good work!

I have amy w/i tonight but I don't think I will be down, had lots of extra things over the weekend at trailer - so easy to overdrink & snack, always food around. But we will see how mtg goes. Always remotivated me anyway.

So where is everyone?

It has been soooooooo hot & humid up here, too uncomfortable! Would be nice if extra fat just melted off but I think that is only wishful thinking on my part.

Have a good day!

bandit2
07-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone:

Was down .8# at my w/i so I was happy with that. Thought I would be alittle up so was pleasantly surprised & once again, remotivated for the week.

Tonight am going out to pub with some ladies from work - will have to watch my drinks. I will have a couple of vodkas w/soda so that won't be too bad.

Still so hot up here - no rain expected until Sat then I am hoping it pours all day.
All grass up here is brown & there is a water ban going on. Also at trailer a fire ban which is to be expected - they need 3 days of rain before they lift it. So hopefully after this weekend this up here will be back to normal.

So hoping everyone is doing well & talk to you soon. Bye for now.

LaurenH
07-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi, tortoise ones. Sorry again for the long silence. I haven't had a chance to catch my breath until today. First the cruise, then my family arrived and stayed for two weeks, then we prepared to move my MIL down here (to a suburb of a town in Canada just across the border) ... anyway, MIL moves this weekend, and THEN things should settle down for a bit. Whew!

I ended up losing a pound on the cruise, in spite of all the food! I think it was because I was so keyed up, trying to get all the information we needed. It was completely exhausting. Fascinating, though.

Since then, I haven't done as well. I'm really having a tough time getting back on track, probably because of the stress. At least I'm still walking a bit most days.

Bandit and Judy, you've really held down the fort here. I was so glad to see the group hadn't evaporated. They've really buried it on this site, though. Only the truly dedicated will find it! :(

Judy, I post over on Dotti's Weight Loss Zone in the 100-Plus group fairly regularly, though not as much recently because of all the craziness. They're a good group, too. Here's a direct link to the 100-plus group:
http://p087.************/fdottisweightlosszone100plus

Stay cool, everyone!

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/215.5/down

Itryharder
07-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Hi Turtles,
Oh Lauren, I was so relieved to see you posting here. I knew you had to be hugely busy,and it's so glad to see you again. :bravo: on losing a pound on the cruise. I am so proud of you!!!!!! Being so busy is such a good reason to gain weight. I know it's hard, but please try and get yourself on "the list." You've had great success and you can make this next push. I'm glad you'll situate your mil in a place where she'll be able to get good medical care and still be able to visit, etc. Good for you. Talk about milestones for you and your dh--2005 has been quite a year! Thanks for chiming in.
Bandit has been the best support. she and I have been talking to each other and getting the weight off.

Bandit, glad to hear from you. THanks for chiming in and keeping this going. You're the best. Heat equals ice cream and somehow we've got to make heat equal cold water. LOL. Hope you're doing well this week.

I'm doing great. Having a family reunion here this weekend. Am hoping for good weather because several members are flying in. I took my WW leader's advice, got good food in the house and lost my fluffy weight this week. I lost 5.8# on the WW scale. Now before you jump up and down, I weighed in the first week in the afternoon wearing heavier clothes and having eaten all day. This week I weighed in in the a.m.,
wore lighter clothes and held off having breakfast. Even so, I know I lost a ton of weight and am so glad for the turnaround! For this weekend, I have good food here for me and also treats. I'll have to watch it big time so that I don't blow the good start I have. Wish me luck.

Lauren, thanks for the tip on the other group. I'll check in and see how it works. Also want to let you all know that Swania is doing well. We started a Labor Day Challenge and all are invited to join! I'm doing Core +35 points. I am determined to get under 200 pounds by New Year's Eve, 2005! :grouphug:
Love to all,
Judy
:cool:

bandit2
07-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Hi turtles:

Wow - we finally got some rain up here! We are not use to it being so hot & so dry for so long - setting all kinds of records up here, but soon enough we will be back in the snow so I won't complain.

Lauren - nice job on the weight loss during your cruise, most people gain at least 10# so horray for you! Keep up the good work!

Judy - your weight loss was awesome, good for you.

It is hard to stay focussed with so much going on - but we have to hang tight & enjoy ourselves without so much focus on food.

I feel like I melting up here - so maybe that is a good thing, melt off some of stubborn fat - works for me!

Anyway, have a great evening & talk to you all soon. Bye for now.

Itryharder
07-19-2005, 06:50 AM
Saying good by to family today and I've gained a bunch of weight which I should be able to shed quickly. It's all fluffy weight, but I sure ate too much! Ugh. Hot and humid and threatening rain all these past few days. Today I'll be back to normal and that's a very good thing. Bandit, glad you got rain and hope the melting fat from the heat disappears and stays gone! Now it's onward and downward for me. Nothing new or exciting planned for quite a while. That's a good thing for me because I can stay on track much better.
Love and :goodvibes:
Judy

Itryharder
07-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Dear Turtles,
I knocked off most of the fluffy weight and now am continuing my journey to thindom.
Bandit, if you're reading this, please respond because I know we can help each other out.
I figured out an interesting analogy. If I really am going on a journey to thindom and better help, then I'll need a map and luggage and some cash. So, my map is consulting you guys for the right direction to take. My secondary map is the WW mtgs. and guidelines. My luggage is having the right foods in the house to help me through the day. My cash is your priceless encouragement to keep me going.

In return, I hope to be able to send you all good vibes and offer a lift (car ride) to the next spot in this journey. I'm feeling good and hope that turtles can continue as a small group of friends because it's helped me so much in the past.
Love,
Judy

Itryharder
07-28-2005, 10:07 AM
just read my message==typed too fast.
Instead of help, I meant to type better health--otherwise it doesn't make sense.
Love again,
Judy :goodvibes:

miata1997
07-31-2005, 01:51 AM
Hello turtles..I am Kathy, and I am a turtle too!!! I am a slow loser and I need to plug right along and not stop. I just started ww, and I am doing it at home. Can't afford meetings right now, but plan on stopping by the ob dept to do a weigh in...last time i Weighed was 198..need to lose at least 50 lbs. Need to watch my carbs as my blood sugars are higher then they should be, Dr told me I could try to control them with exercise and diet..So far I haven't had any great sucess with the diabetes diet, I keep wanting to come back to the WW way of eating..I just have to be careful and not eat all the carbs that are allowed for normal people but not for me casue of the blood sugar problems.

I am 52, Live in No ca. Have 2 married dd, and 1 precious grand baby named Eliya...I have a husband too!! and I quilt...that is my one and only hobby...

It will be real nice meeting you nice people...

talk later

Kathy