Support Groups - Weighty Issues #28

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #28

PhotogirlTX
06-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the May edition of our Weighty Issues thread. We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life (try saying that 3X fast! ) , spread out across the U.S. from the east coast to the west. We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.

PhotogirlTX
06-06-2005, 10:08 AM
OK.. I just started the new thread.. I haven't gotten a chance to go back and ready the other.. I've been MIA for this past week.... but once I get the chance, hopefully today, I will! Last week was hetic... We had the holiday, then I was busy doing Month end stuff in accounting for payroll, I had to take time off two days in a row for Hannah's 1st grade awards ceremony and Megan's Pre-K graduation, I have been busy doing payroll (that is what I am doing today) and busy getting the girls ready to go to Texas.

Thursday was their last day of school.... Saturday, I drove all day long... I took them down to Texas so they can spend the next two and a half weeks with Aunt Nelly.... Yesterday I just vegged with Alan... and today, well, I have to get a ton of stuff done. Tomorrow, I fly to St. Louis, and I will be there til Friday night for training with Ceridian on our new payroll/HR system. So, I will warn you now, I will be out of pocket again!

Needless to say, I have totally not been eating right or exercising... but I need to start back. I've gained back about two pounds that I had lost.... Oh... and Saturday after I got home, I had dinner with Alan and about 6 other people.. and two of those are Tim and Cathy.. well, they are going on a cruise, 7 day, in October, and they asked Alan to go... and then he asked me to go... so I have til October to look good in a bathing suit! :D Oh.. and to find someone to watch my girls for that long.. that will be the trick! Anyway.. If that won't motivate me to get back into shape, I'm not sure what will.

OK.. I gotta get to work, but I'll be back later to catch up!

Hugs!

Cherie

jbbm
06-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Cherie, sounds like you have been busy as ever. I hope your girls have a good little vacation. Speaking of vacations, another one for you?? You lucky girl. When do you leave for the races?? We will miss you while you are on your trip this week. Have a good one and be safe.

I hope everyone else had a nice weekend. The weather here was hot and nice. My kids went swimming yesterday with dh for a couple of hours. I just didn't feel like hopping in with TOM coming. So I cleaned the house and stayed in the air conditioning :).

Dips btw it was nice to hear from you. I am glad you are settled in your new apartment. Are you still doing the atkins thing. Don't be a stranger. Come by more often :).

Well girls I will check back later. Have a great day.

jbbm
06-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Girls, how are ya?? I need some advice....my three year dd will pee on the toliet but will not poop on it no matter what I do!! She is starting to hold it!!
I am going crazy here :crazy:!! Sorry if it is TMI for some people to talk about but I need help,LOL. My mom is like she is almost four she has got to go on the toliet. Ughhhh, she doesn't remember what it is like to potty train. Duh!! Some get it at two years of age and some take forever!! Thanks girls. Oh I just baked some cookies for the kids, ds said he doesn't want any, and dd is eating them up. Hopefully I can keep my hands off of them. Talk to you all later. Have a great rest of the day.

jbbm
06-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Helllloooo anyone here???? :). I hope everyone is having a good day.

Just got done eating dinner, made chicken cheese and black bean wraps. I over did the cheese. I am a melted cheese person ;). Got a tiny bit of exercise in today. Could have done better. Dh wants to make homemade ice cream sandwiches with the cookies I made. I don't know. Maybe a I will have a half of one.

Well hello Noelle, Kempy, Cherie, Cal, Dips and Angie where are you, I am hoping you are doing well, miss you and praying for ya. Okay gotta run kids are wanting to come inside, dh just took them for a walk. And dd is throwing a fit about something :p. It just never ends :dizzy:.

melekalikimaka
06-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Hey girls, we gotta keep this thread hopping! Anything exciting happen this weekend? We went to the state fair and tried to watch Camille Velasco perform, but only got through the first 2-1/2 songs. I just don't like her style. I didn't go back to the area to watch Diana DeGarmo either. The fair was mucho crowded--I have never seen it like that in a LONG time. I think part of it is that a lot of the military personnel that were deployed overseas have recently come back, and the economy here is picking up. We had fun though and that's the main thing. We bought a new armoire type cabinet for the bedroom, I wanted it mostly to store my linens and bags--the bags took up two shelves (the cabinet is 36" long). I still have some stuff on the floor but slowly and surely my bedroom is becoming habitable again.

Julie, I feel for ya girl with the potty training thing. I remember my boy being the same way. I think it was everyone in the house pressuring him that made him not want to go on the toilet. It was when we backed off that he went by himself. In fact, I think I was away on vacation when he finally did it--go figure. Have you tried the bribery route? :lol: I think with me it was a Thomas the Tank Engine train or something... You know, I've read that some kids are just afraid to do #2 because they feel like it's a body part and they themselves fear getting flushed down? Or something like that. Good luck, I have a feeling she'll go when you're not looking.

Cherie, thanks for starting the new thread...the months are starting to blend together for me, almost forgot it was a new month! Gosh, we're halfway through the year already! You sound like you had a wonderful but busy weekend. Wow, a cruise with your sweetie, another thing to look forward too, that is just awesome. You deserve those breaks you know? And congratulations to your pre-K graduate :bravo: and your award winning 1st grader. Is Meghan looking forward to Kindergarten? Now she can go to the same school as her big sis, that should be exciting for her.

Dips, well HELLO! :wave: Don't be a stranger now. We look forward to having you jump start this thread every now and then :)

Hello to Kempy, Angie, Cal and everyone else. Have a good evening.

jbbm
06-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Good Night Girls

Noelle nice to see you post. I thought I was alone :lol:. I am glad you had fun last weekend. You are right, that is the main thing that counts, whatever you are doing ;). Congrats on the new armoire. I love buying new furniture. I am trying to talk dh into a new couch and kitchen table yet. I saw a commercial tonight for couches for $299.00. I wonder if they would hold up though. But with the kids spilling their juice it doesn't pay for me to spend a lot. Thanks for reply on the potty thing. I told her when she was on the toliet today, I will give you five dollars if you go, so yes I gave into a bribe, I was desperate, I knew she had to go. I even was sitting on my bathroom floor singing Mr. Roger's Song You Will Never Go Down the Drain, LOL :lol:. Also brought in her favorite bear and tried to read her a story :dizzy:. You are right though I think it is pressure from others. Like even things with the bottle or nursing or sleeping through the night. They will do things when they are ready. Just like our sons did. Well you have a great evening.

Hi out there everyone else. Going to go and get ready for bed and pick up a little. Bye for now.

Dips'n'twists
06-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Hey Girl!!

I don't have kids but I have a bunch of siblings, and one thing I know for sure is that if you want them to do something, offer them a big prize. I'm not talkin' ice cream cone. You may have to make a trip to the toy store. Dangle the prize right in fron tof her or take it a step even further, buy th etoy and take it home. Tell her its all hers as soon as she makes poopy in the potty. Then put it a way and constantly remind her. May seem a little extreme but kids compromise well with a little incentive.

Anyways, I quit Atkins after realizing I couldn't possibly keep up long term without commiting a felony. I've switched to South Beach which is waaaayy more realistic and easy to work with. Hope everyone finds there way back. It's hot to death in NYC and Humid ughk! I have got to get an air conditioner before the week is out.

PhotogirlTX
06-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Girls.. I am still busy... I haven't had a chance to read ANYTHING.. and I am about to leave for the airport. I'll try to check back in tonight once I get settled in at the hotel!

I hope you all have a GREAT DAY! I'll talk to you all soon!

Cherie

jbbm
06-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Hi Girls

Dips, thanks for the advice. You must have it down with all the siblings!! Glad to hear you like the SB. I hope you get your A/C to cool down :cool:.

Cherie, have a safe flight. Thinking of ya. Hugs.

jbbm
06-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey girls just checking after lunch. I have downed probally about forty ounces of water so far. I am trying to flush out this water retention. I had a peanut butter for lunch. So far so good. I am not sure whats for dinner yet, depends on the weather. If it is nice and not raining maybe something grilled or meatloaf sounds good, but it is kind of hot to run the oven. Can you guys believe I am saying that after complaining about the cold weather all winter :lol:. I have to plan a birthday party combined for my kids with the grandparents so I have some calls to make. Mom wants to order pizzas from my favorite place. Yikes. Oh well. Okay gotta run.

Kempyd
06-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Hey guys, I just got in from the gym. I just did some cardio though. I have been slacking on that so I thought i would concentrate on that for a few days. I can't believe you guys are yelling about the heat already. :lol: We are pretty darn hot down here now. The mornings are the worst. I think the humidity is uaually 95% in the AM. Talk about nasty outside. I know it is going to be bad out when I wake up and the windows have condensation on them.

Dips it sure is good to see you back again. Did you get your house all furnished. I bet it looks like an ad from IKEA.

Cherie i am so jealous. JOe and I want to go on a cruise so bad. I think we might try to next year. I already have this years vacation booked.

Noelle I have been wondering what has happened to Diana. I thought she should have won.

Ok guys, sorry this is so short but I have to go figure out something for dinner.

I hope Angie makes an appearance soon.

Dips'n'twists
06-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Hey Girls,

OH MY GOD IT'S HOT!! I am not going to make it without air conditioning, I'm going to buy one tomorrow. Especially since bake all my meats now. I feel as though eventually the heat will just melt all my fat away :D (if only) But anyways I just can't take coming home after work to a hot *** apartment.

Kempy- the humidity in NYC is awful. I'm dying over here. And Yes, my pad is all Ikea'd out :D

J- good job on drinking lots of water. Bet that caused a lot of bathroom trips. Good luck with the party.

Hi Noelle- I'm not going to be a stranger anymore. I'm settled in my place and I'm going to be here a while.

TAlk to you later, girls!

jbbm
06-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Just saying Good Night Girlies.

Cherie, I hope you made it safe and sound to your hotel. Have a good week there.

Kempy, you must just start sweating with that humidity!! I hope to see Angie come back soon too.

Noelle hope you are having a great day. I am watching the Dog in Colorado. I like the HI landscape better. LOL.

Dips, I hope you have a fan, get that thing going if you do. Drink lots. I know though, you are right about the bathroom trips. But you need your fluids if it is so hot. Right now it is still eighty degrees here. I won't complain though....I would rather have this than four feet of snow!!

Hello everyone else. Have a great night and a good day tomorrow.

jbbm
06-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Oh my gawd, I am watching MTV's I Want a Famous Face and this girl is having lipo and some implants to look like Carmen Electra, I can't believe she thinks she needs lipo she is tiny. Okay signing off. Just had to add that. :lol: :lol:

calnative
06-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Good Evening Ladies:

Hot??!?!!?! We've already hit 114. Lately though it has been quite cooler, only 97. Of course, we don't have the humidity; in fact, it's been awfully dry (about 12% humidity). If they made a lotion from Head & Shoulders I'm sure they'd be a big item here. (The flaking does remind me of dandruff.) :lol:

I am so enjoying my time off. Tonight I went to the 8th grade promotion at the middle school I taught at the last 2 years. Many of the 8th graders this year were my 6th and 7th graders. I can't believe how much they've grown in this last year. There was one student who had asked me about the graduation last year and I had told her that even if I wasn't at Pueblo this year, I'd come back for the graduation. I remember that she cried. I had decided that I would go even if it was just for Vanessa. Well, I saw her tonight and she told me that she had hoped that I'd be there; that she had told her mom last night that she hoped I'd be there like I said. I told her that she was the reason I was there. She cried again...and so did I. I was so proud of her. She's already taking math courses at the high school. She's going to be a success story some day. I was proud of all my kids. I wouldn't have missed this for anything.
This weekend we're having our backyard landscaped. It's costing quite a bit, but it will be so nice to have grass and no dirt!! I can't stand all the dirt anymore. I just have to find a way to keep the dog off the grass for 3 weeks. My niece said to use an invisible fence, but I'm not sure about my dog getting a little shock everytime he wants to cross certain areas. I'm afraid he'll get so that he'll never go on the grass. I have a few days to try to figure out something. He is an outside dog and doesn't like being indoors. Today we had him in the garage while the pest control guy was here and the dog just stayed by the door and when I opened it to let him in he went straight for the back door and kept pushing against it until I got it opened then he took off for the backyard.

Dips: It is so good to have you back. The humidity, no a/c, and heat must remind you of Italy. :D I remember that I used to love going into the churches because they were always so cool inside. I don't think I could ever get used to the humidity. I sure hope you get your a/c soon.

Julie: Good going on the water. I know I should drink more, but for some reason it's hard. It's funny because when I was pregnant with Ashley I craved water and could easily down 2 gallons a day. I'm with you about the snow; althought right now it feels good to stick my head in the freezer. :lol:

Noelle: We don't have our state fair until the end of October and even then it can still be over 100 degrees.

Hello to Cherie, Kempy, Angie, and anyone else I may have missed.
Have a good night everyone.

Cal

Kempyd
06-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Well, it looks like I am the first one here today.

Cal you have me beat with the temps. I think I will stay over here. The humidity is pretty bad though. I am waiting right now for it to stop raining so that I can go plant a few things. I know that it is going to be terrrible when it stops. We do need a quick shower though. I know you will just love your new yard.

Dips my in laws are on SBD and they are doing great. They were even able to stay on it (somewhat) when they went to Miami. That must truly be a great diet. When I go out of town I feel like yelling GET OUT OF THE WAY I AM GOING TO EAT WHATEVER I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! How long have you been doing SBD?

I just went to the gorcery and it is amazing how little you buy when you are eating healthy. I buy all of our produce at the produce stand so it will be a little cheaper so our store runs are really saving money. We do have our cheat day though. In fact Joe has already planned our Saturday. We will have sushi for lunch and mexican for dinner. We are craving both of those so bad so we will just get them into that one day. Lat Sat. he tried to eat good for the whoel day and only have a cheat meal and I think he felt that he missed out on something. He is doing awesom anyway (as always). I am still 5 1/2 lbs from where I was in March but it is coming off pretty quick. I am just going to keep pushing and see what happens.

Well, it stopped raining so I am going to get these plants in the ground.

jbbm
06-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Hi girls

Kempy, you are doing so well. Good for you :). I know what you mean you mean about junk food and not so healthy food costing more. Those bags of chips and cookies we buy add up ;). I like to have some cookies and chips though in the house for the kids. I end up eating them sometimes too. Our farmer's market started up, I have to check it out. My mil use to have a big garden and I loved it. I would take all the things she didn't want like green peppers, dice them and freeze them.

Cal that is so sweet about that girl. That was so nice of you to be there. You are such a great teacher. The world needs more like you :). You will just love your grass. I remember when we built our house we had dirt for a while before we got our sod and I was going nuts with it being tracked in and out of the house.

Well hi out there everyone else. I have to get supper ready....chili, as always, lol. I might try some whole wheat pasta with it. Not sure yet. And I have to get cracking on planning the party this weekend. Decorations, cake, and figure out what to cook. Well check back later on.

jbbm
06-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Btw Kempy I think cheat days are a great idea. It keeps me from going on a binge. Your Saturday sounds great. Yum.

Dips'n'twists
06-08-2005, 08:47 PM
There is nothing more miserable than coming off the hot street into a hot *** house. But relief is on the way. I bought my AC today and I'm having it delivered tonight. In the meantime the cable service to my area is on the outs so Time Warner is outside digging up the fiber optics. So with absolutely no tv to distract me from my oven of an apartment, you can just imagine how miserable I am.

Cal- What a touching story. You made me remenice over the wonderful times I had with my good teachers. Moments like the one you shared with Vanessa can be life changing. What you did for her will have a lasting effect on her. You're an awsomw person for that. BTW this heat doesn't really remind me of italy because I was near water all the time so it was a lot cooler. With all the fountains and stuff, there's always a spot to cool off. I miss it. I can't wait to go back.

Kempy- Good for you for staying on track. For some reason I just can't seem to get out off of 140. I've been at this plateu forever so I decided to change almost everything. I'm on day 6 of phase 1 of SBD. I really like it. It's pretty good for me.

Hi Julie- It's amazing how many plastic surgery reality shows are out there now, huh. It seems like the media is encouraging us to go under the knife. I'll admit, it's pretty entertaining though :D

Anyways, I have to remain in my shower until my AC comes. I'll check back in if I don't get a heat stroke.

jbbm
06-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Hi girls

Dips I hope you didn't melt last night!! You are going to be so much more comfy if that got delivered last night. Stay cool. Btw I love the reality shows. Noelle and I are big fans of American Idol. Cherie and I like the Bachelor/Bachorlette. I feel kind of lost that the shows are done now. Oh well more time to excercise if I put myself up to it.

Noelle how is Michael's summer going?? It is just to darn humid and hot right now to go out. Plus it wouldn't help this end of the month headache. So I am going to stay cool inside. Have a great day.

Cherie, I hope you are doing well. Miss ya.

Angie miss you too hun.

Kempy I hope you are having a good day at work.

Cal did you think of anything to do with the doggy yet?? Hope you are staying cool.

Hi everyone else. I will check back later on.

Dips'n'twists
06-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Okay, no more drama queen :dizzy: My AC came at midnight and my father drove all the way from Long Island to install it first thing this morning. I've been blissfully cool ever since :cool: I feel soooo much better.
The bad news is that my cable is still out. Time Warner better get thier :censored: together. I'm missing ot on some quality prime time tv. Speaking of which,

J- I'm not too much into the bachelor anymore. I'm more into the whole makeover shows. I also like the real world and fear factor. Nothing like watching folks gorge on pickled monkey nuts :lol:

Angie- Where ya been, lady.

Aloha Noelle, Kempy, Cal. Stay hydrated and cool.

PhotogirlTX
06-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Just checking in... it's late Thursday, and I just got back to my hotel... I am tired and suffering from some major back cramps from my period.... tomorrow, I have training again, and then I fly home sometime tomorrow evening.... I am so tired of being away from home... it's been a busy week.... I am ready for the weekend.

I feel so out of it right now, I haven't had time to read any of the posts.... and I probably won't get back into the swing of things for at least another week or so.. :-( so I am sorry.

Right now, I better post this.. it's storming here, and last night while it was storming, we lost power two times, and I don't want to loose my post in case it happens again.

I'll talk to you all soon.. just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you guys!!!

Cherie

jbbm
06-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Good Morning Girls :) :)

jbbm
06-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi girls checking back in....

Cherie, that is a bummer being away from home when you are not feeling well. I hope those cramps go away. I don't know if you will read this post or not but are you going with Alan next week?? If you are have fun. We are thinking of you too :).

Dips congrats on being nice and cool now. Not that you were not cool before :lol: ;)!! Speaking of Fear Factor even though we have not met I could imagine you being on that show. Haha

Well I will check back in later to see if anyone was around. It is sticky here all ready. (Not complaining ;)) Humidity is close to 80% all ready. I had dd's leftover strawberries for breakfast. I was going to make my oatmeal because I love it but I couldn't eat anything hot this morning. Okay gotta go, bye for now.

jbbm
06-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Where is everyone?? Busy busy....I know :lol:. I might not be able to make it online this weekend. Just seeing if anyone has popped in!! Have a great Friday girls.

melekalikimaka
06-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Hey girls, Happy Aloha Friday! It's actually a Hawaiian holiday here today (Kamehameha Day), in honor of the 1st king to unite the haw'n islands...I think I explain that every year :rolleyes:, anyway, not much going on. We've got rain but sunny skies, nice and breezy though. We're thinking about taking the boy to see the Lava girl and Shark Boy movie tonight, then have a date night tomorrow to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith :T ...Angelina for him, Brad Pitt for me :love: :lol:

Dips, I spent almost and hour and a half over at the Home Depot this morning waiting for some replacement parts from the Hilti man in the tool dept. It was a bit of a drag but it beats being trapped behind a desk in an office. At least the scenery in HD changes with all those men going up and down the aisles :devil: Glad you got your A/C to cool you off, I remember them days of the hot apartment and sticking to the leather couch, yuck! How nice of your daddy to travel all that way to come over and install it for ya. What a sweetheart.

Cherie, pop some advil for some relief, it works wonders for me at TOM. You must be so busy, but you have your trip to look forward to, no?

Julie, Michael starts a summer fun program at the district park next Wednesday. He's been hanging out at home for the past week and a half and can't wait for the program to start, it'll be something new for him. His cousin is in the program as well but I'm pretty sure they break the groups up according to age and grade level. Do you have any special outings planned for the kiddos? It's during the summer that I wish I lived on the mainland. I'm pretty sure I'd be out driving around and just seeing the sights. *sigh*

Cal, hey, I'm with Dips about you touching that student and leaving a positive impression for life. I've had a few great teachers that I think about, still remember their kindness and inspiration. One in particular kept me from veering too far off track during those rebellious teenage years. She was a firm, take no-bull kind of lady, but she was really sweet too, she made learning fun--what I imagine your students think of you. :) What's Ashley up to these days? Keeping the dog under control? :lol: Gosh, that just reminded me, Rick said he was offered a cocker spaniel/mix puppy and he said yes...that's just what our house needs, another dog...but who can say no to a puppy?

Kempy, how are you guys doing over there? Is Tropical Storm Arlene affecting your area? I can just imagine that humidity, yuck yuck yuck! Stay safe! Thinking about you.

OK, what the heck's up w/our dear Angie?!!! I know summer must be crazy busy for ya, we miss ya girl, hope you're doing great though. Drop us a line? I think we have to send Cal after ya... Cal are you still heading to ME?

melekalikimaka
06-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Did anyone watch the last Trading Spouses? There was the country lady that went to the rich city lady's house and the rich lady's kids just loved her. The country lady's kids and husband didn't know what to make of the city lady. Then when they said what the $50K would be used for, the country lady made everyone in the other household happy, and the city lady was clueless. Made them spend most of the money on landscaping and fixing up their cars...only gave the kids "allowances" of like $2 p/week for the younger boy, and $5 a week for the older girl...they were rolling their eyes, like come on! The city lady was a b*tch and so immature, she was actually jealous that her husband and kids had a good time with the other woman, and that the kids were so happy about the way the $50K was used. I would be mortified of appearing on that show and behaving like that city woman. :lol: Anyway, just thought I'd toss that out there.

jbbm
06-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Noelle, hi girl....I see that Hawaiian Holiday on my calendar. Happy HI Day to you!! Mr. and Mrs. Smith looks really good. Do you think Brad and Angelina are a couple in real life?? I don't know kind of looks that way ;). Of course thats what I hear in the media. I am glad you boy is going to be starting his summer program. We have been outside a lot, enjoying the weather. And we are so lucky our neighbors have an pool that the kids swim there a lot. So I am hoping by the end of the summer they will know how to swim :). Watch for rainbows with the sun and the rain at the same time ;). I just love sunsets and rainbows. I gotta get to HI someday!! Have a great fun weekend.

Cal did you ever talk to Angie?? I also hope you are doing well too Angie.

Hi to each and everyone of you, luv ya all and have a great weekend. We are doing the combined birthday party thing this weekend. I will try and check in. Bye for now girls.

jbbm
06-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Noelle I think I saw that episode when it first aired. And the city kids fell in love with the country mom. It is so funny to watch. I still love the episode where the whole family didn't where shoes?? Remember that one, it was a good one too. Okay enough rambling from me....

calnative
06-10-2005, 06:03 PM
It's a bit hot today; 97 last time I looked.

We are still heading to ME. We leave here on June 27 and will be in ME on July 2 and 3. I was looking up some info about Greeneville, ME and I found a listing for Angie's bakery. Great!! I now have the address and phone number so I can definitely look her up. (You hear that, Angie? Prepare for company!!) Ashley will start swimming lessons one week after we get back. We are putting a pool for her right after the yard is done. She should have about a week or two to play in it before we leave. She's been a little bored, but she spent the night with her best friend last night and her cousin asked her to spend to night tonight. I was going to take the 2 of them to the pool today, but Madi, Ashley's friend, called and asked if they could go to Peter Piper Pizza; that's where they are now. I found out too late that she could've gone to volleyball camp this week. There is a basketball camp that she wants to go to, but I don't know the dates yet.

A friend of mine is going to take the dog for the next 4 days while our yard is getting done. She has a pooch also and the 2 dogs seem to get along. We took our dogs to the dog park last night and they played with each other. I really like the dog park and will have to take Tucker more often.

Have a great Friday everyone and stay cool and dry.

Cal

Dips'n'twists
06-10-2005, 11:30 PM
Okay, as of yesterday evening, my cable started working again, YAY!! So now my life is almost complete. Now all I need is for sunday to get here so that I can enjoy an entire day with my boyfriend. He works non-stop all day and night. I can't stand it. But Sunday he's off and he'a all mine :devil: I may actually hurt him!

Anyways- Noelle, I know that HD can be annoying sometimes but I can assure you that if you ever came to my store it would be a pleasurable experience. I'd make sure of that. Sounds like a great episode of trading spouses. I hate that I missed it. BTW I realize I know very very little of the Hawian culture but I'll try and learn. Happy holiday to you. PArty hard. :dizzy: :dance:

J- The B-day party sounds as though it's gonna be something special even though you'll probably be exhausted afterward. It's a good exhaustion though. I'd rather be at your party than at work which is where I'll be. It's all good though. Have Fun, Girlie!!

Kempy- Hope you're doing alright in this weather. I know huricane season can be a real pain. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you though.

CAl- Sounds like a really cool trip coming up for you. I'm still trying to figure out where I want to take my vacation. Anways, have a blast! I know it's still a wasys from now but the anticipation is the best part.

Hi Angie- I miss you, we all do.

Cherie- What a bummer. I hope the weather gets nicer and you feel better soon. You poor dear :(

Well I'm going to bed now. Long day at work tomorrow. TTYL girls.

jbbm
06-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Good Night Girls it is thundering and storming so bad here right now. I hope we do not lose power tonight. Have a great weekend all.

Dips'n'twists
06-12-2005, 08:31 AM
I woke up this morning and weighed myself. The scale said 139.5! I haven't seen the 130's in forever. I'm finally moving forward! YAY.

jbbm
06-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Good Morning Girls :)check back soon!!

jbbm
06-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi again girls

Dips congrats to you on moving foward. You must feel great. I hope you and your boyfriend had fun yesterday.

Cherie miss you. Hope you made it home safe and sound.

Angie miss you too.

Kempy how was your weekend?? Are you making it out okay in the heat??

Noelle I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend. Did you guys do anything special?? I hope you had a good one!!

Cal how is the landscaping going?? I hope smoothly.

Well I am just starting out here for the day. It is cloudy and humid. My fingers are swollen all ready. We had a good time at the party this weekend. We had pizza, cake and ice cream and different kinds of salads at mom's new house. It was a lot of fun. Yesterday was a swimming day so we all went and did that. My back got a little burnt. So tomorrow is dd's birthday. So more cake, it is hard having my kids birthday's two weeks apart. A total of three cakes!! It would only be two if we would not have had a combined party, oh well I think I deserve a small slice. I admit I had a smore last night too. Well at least I got two really good walks in this last weekend. Okay enough about me, how is everyone else doing on this Monday?? Have a great day.

Kempyd
06-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey guys. I am listening to the Michael Jackson verdit while I am typing this. I am such a sucker for this kind of stuff.

Arlene didn't even give us a drop of rain. In fact, it was beautiful all weekend here. I ened up having to water the yard yesterday and I think I will have to get the sprinklers going again today.

Cal you are going to have a blast in ME. Make sure you tell Angie that we miss here and give her a big hug from all of us.

PMS is such a pain. I have been craving anything I can get in my mouth and it showed on the scale this morning. The 4 lbs gone are right back but I am going to keep my fingers crossed that it leaves once I start. I am really tired too. Thank you so much mother nature. :rolleyes:

Not much has been going on with work. I still need to get some new clients. The lady that owns the shop is telling me that I need to get more clienst so that I cma get on room rental. NO CRAP LADY!! Does she think that I enjoy sitting there all day with nothing to do? I am running in to the problem of if I run any typw of ad for myself I am promoting the salon too and I don't think she would help with the money part of it. She wants me to spend my money to get people in and they just might benefit from it. Wow, where di that rant come from? :lol:

Well, Joe is on his way home so I am going to get changed for the gym. I have to work off some of this water.

angieME
06-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Hi guys! I am so sorry for not being around lately. I just feel like I shouldnt be on here when I am gaining so much weight so fast and cant seem to get a grip on it.I am up to like 245 now and I cant seem to get a routine down that will enable me to lose it. My heels are crushing under my weight now and it hurts. I know all I need to do to stop it is to lose the weight but I cant. I feel like I dont fit in anywhere and to be honest I am very disgusted with myself.

I have been majorly depressed lately because the bakery isnt taking off like it should. I am actually ready to close it and get the equipment sold off and forget about it because I would much rather stay home and work if I am not going to actually be able to make a living out of just the front.We are working so many extra hours per day and not making much for profit. On memorial weekend we made **** for money(like 200.00) but my MIL bakery made 2400.00 a day. I was ready to go beat some tourists that day. They would walk by and literally put their hands up to the window and look in and then walk away and go into the gift shops. So we are trying to figure out what to do about that.

I got a call from Coreys teacher telling me that Corey was acting up in school and she thinks it is because we opened a bakery and werent spending enough time with him. I cried all night after that call because if she thinks I am a lousy parent now then I must always have been because I am home from work when they get off the bus everyday just like always. He has always been a high strung kid in school and I was pretty upset that she had the nerve to actually call me up and say those things to me.

The bridge on the main road to Greenville is unuseable so they are rerouting traffic right by my house now. That makes for fun when I am in the pool and anyone who wants to go to Greenville is flying by my house. I am surprised there hasnt been any accidents yet because I live on a side street in a residential neighborhood and they have tons of traffic and trucks flying by. I hope they get that fixed before the fourth of July. That cut into us walking in the evenings because we dont want to get run over.

Anyways, I am sorry I have been gone so long. I miss you guys too. I have tried to lurk when I can. I posted a couple weeks ago but I was in one of my worst days yet so it was a total downer and I didnt want to bring anyone down with me so I deleted it.

Dips'n'twists
06-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Angie, I wish I could just hug you and tell you it's going to be alright. Friends are there for you through good times and bad, so don't ever feel as though you're bringing us down by sharing your problems. We're here for you no matter what.

Many of us go up and down in weight a few times before we really get a grip on our health and move forward for good. Not one woman in this forum is without struggle whether we're 100 pound from goal or 10 pounds from goal. We all know what it's like to get so far just to take so many steos back but what matters is that you keep trying, and whenever you're ready to try again we'll all be here to support and encourage you because we know you would do the same thing for us. You're such a good person and you deserve to have everything you want.

I know you're stressed about the bakery and I won't be so insensitive as to tell you not to. I know you put a lot of time and effort into it. I don't know much about business but I do know that some of the most successful ones started off with road bumps. I hope for the best for you and the business.

As far as your kid's teacher, how dare that ***** judge you! Teachers always feel they have license to tell someone what's wrong with their family. All she was supposed to do was tell you what happened and it's up to you as a parent to determine what might be going on with your child. No one asked for her two cents. The very fact that you cried over it showed how much your kids mean to you. You're a good mom, don't let any self-rightous heiffer tell you otherwise. I'm sure you'll find a way to get through this and get your kid back on track.

No matter what you'll always fit right back in no matter how long it takes for youto get everything together. I should know. I'm in and out all the time ;) You take as much time as you need and let us know how you're doing. Take care, babe. I'm thinking about you.

BTW Crazy how the whole Michael Jackson saga ended, huh.

calnative
06-14-2005, 02:35 AM
Angie: :grouphug: I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say "hugs, hugs, and more hugs"!! I am right there with Dips, we are always here for you. I also agree with what she said about your son's teacher. I would never do that; of course, I would call to say what is going on at school, but I would never suggest what the problem may be, although I would listen to the parent. Many of my parents were going through some experiences they weren't prepared for, that is, having a teenager for the first time. Sometimes parents would even ask me what I thought might be the problem. I would tell them that I couldn't answer that because I'm not with the child at home. I don't know everything that happens at home. Dips is right, that teacher should have just told you what was going on at school and let you determine what might be causing it; or at the least, suggest the school counselor to talk to.

I've been meaning to call you, but every time I think about it it's really late where you are or it's during a time that you most likely are at the bakery. I want to let you know that we will be in ME July 2 and 3. We'll be staying in Waterville. I really look forward to meeting you.

Well, my sister is moving here from TX on July 1. She took a job at a hospital here. My brother, a realtor, already found her a house and she's really excited about it. We do keep reminding her how hot it will be here in July. I think our cool days are over. All this week it's supposed to be around 105.

Ashley is sick. She didn't eat breakfast this morning, which had me watching her very closely. She ate some apples just before lunch time and about an hour later started throwing up. She thought it was the apples and she swore she would never eat another apple. Her dad gave her some Sprite and she threw that up and said she'd never drink Sprite either. :lol: I told her she just had a little bug and hopefully she'll be feeling better tomorrow. She had only a low grade fever and after I gave her some Tylenol, the fever went down. She's finally sleeping and I hope she sleeps all night.

The landscaping is coming along great. They were working in our yard from 7 this morning until it got too dark for them to see this evening, about 8pm. They're planning to put in the curbing and rocks tomorrow and hopefully the sod, but I don't think they'll finish until Wed or Thurs. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will of my yard before and after. I can't wait until it's done. Ashley wants it all done so she can play and have her dog, Tucker, back. I do miss him too, but I'm almost afraid to bring him back because he and my friends' dog are getting so close. They play so well together. I told my friend that those two dogs seem to be made for each other. We'll see how it goes when we have to bring him home this weekend.

Sorry for just blabbing on and on. I hope everyone has a great night.

Cal

melekalikimaka
06-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Hey girls, just bumping up this thread....it's a crazy hectic week for me here. THe Home & Garden Show starts on Friday so we're gearing up for that. I missed my deadline for some ad copy that was due last Friday so I was stuck working on that Monday. On top of that Rick brought the puppy home for Michael on Sunday. She's a sweet little thing, probably all of 1-1/2 lbs? Only about 7 weeks old so she still needs a lot of attention. I have to bring her into the office with me tomorrow since Michael starts his summer program and won't be home to look after her, so just what I need--additional responsibilities while at work :rolleyes:. She's a mixed-breed with some cocker spaniel in her, but right now she doesn't resemble any cocker puppy that I ever saw. She's black with white tipped feet and a #7 blaze on her chest. Michael named named her Lucky. I'll try and post pics if I can figure out what happened to my photo software, it seems to have vanished off my hard drive, WTF? I have got to get this computer cleaned out as well.

ANGIE, hey girl, I'm glad to see you posting. We really missed you. Please don't say you don't belong here, you're like family to us, no matter what you're going through we're here for you. I agree wholeheartedly with what Dips and Cal so eloquently said already. We love ya girl, don't feel like you can't bring your troubles to the table if you need some shoulder to cry on. :grouphug:

Hello to all, hope you all have a great day. I'll try and be back later so get more personal. :wave:

jbbm
06-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Hi girls popping in for a bit while dh is outside with the kids having a squirt gun fight. Oh my gosh it is dd's birthday today and I can't believe she is four all ready. Time goes by so fast girls. We took her to a chocolate store today and spent thirty freakin dollars on candy!! Yikes....oh well birthday's are once a year. Dh and I are stuffed with sugar, chocolate, and carmel corn with mixed nuts. Girls I was bad but I am not going to get excited about it at all ;). What the **** right?? I mean I was in labor with her for two days I deserve to eat!! :lol: :lol: Oh and McD's for lunch of course :dizzy:.

Angie, I am so glad to see you posted. I remember you once told me we are more about friendships first then the weight loss thing. Always we remember we are friends and YOU do belong here. We love you. I hate to think that the teacher made you feel so bad. I was in a similar situation in December with ds when his teacher said she did not know if he could continue in HER class because he needed to much watching. I cried for days, thinking whats wrong with him. I took him to a specialist and she said he is just a kid that may be just a little active. I came to realize he is normal, just people want to label everyone these days with this and that. Kids are kids, I remember all the phases I went through. Anyway just remember we are all here for you no matter what or where you are at in your life. Hugs girl.

Noelle, hope your week is not that crazy for ya sweetie. Congrats on the new addition to the family. The puppy sounds so cute and I love the name!!

Dips that was a crazy ending to the whole Michael Jackson ending. Wow.

Cal, I feel for you....there is nothing worse than seeing your child throw up and not feel well. It just breaks my heart. I feel so bad for them. I hope your dd feels better really really soon!! Glad the landscaping is going well. Thats just great. Oh and I am so happy for you that your sister is moving by you. She is in for some heat :cool:!! Stay cool and drink a lot.

Check back later girls. Hi Kempy and Cherie, hope you two are doing well!!

jbbm
06-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Pizza or Pizza for supper girls?? :lol: :lol: I will be glad when birthday eating is over!! It is going to feel like a fresh start I hope. Yeah I think I will go with the pizza. Okay I will shut up about that all ready.

jbbm
06-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Noelle I wanted to say maybe you could train that little cutie now to help you out in the office. Train her to bring stuff to you and do things :lol:. Hey at least she wouldn't talk back like another person,LOL.

Kempy about your rant :lol:, not that it is funny but you tell that lady who is all over you to come up some damn ideas to get people in!! Or you are right, have her pay for some of the add if you are going to be promoting her shop!! End of my rant for ya :lol:.

Gotta run. Birthday still in progress ;)

jbbm
06-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Nighty Night Girls....I ate terribly today but tomorrow is a new day :). But what counts, it was a great day. Dd and ds had fun. I hope everyone is doing well. Take care and bye for now.

Kempyd
06-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Angie you have been here too long to think that we will not accept you no matter what. I mean it has almost been 3 years since have known you and I will never look at you any different than I did the first time that we started to chat. I know that things can get hard but we are all here for you. As far as the front goes I have always heard that the first 2 years are usually the hardest on a new business. I mean I am going through that right now. I have been doing this since Nov. and I feel like I am back to square one as far as the income goes. To make it worse I have pressure form the lady I work for so I totally understand what you are feeling when it comes to the business. And in regards to that teacher. She can mind her own freakin' (replace with a more harsh word) business. She is supposed to help parents not make them feel like crap. I personally would complain to the principal about what she said. That is not her place to say things like that.

I need to run to the store this AM. I have a repair guy coming to look at our dryer. The stupid thing wont dry the clothes in less that 2 hours. What a waste of electricity.

jbbm
06-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi girls how is everyone today?? I feel like I am coming down with a sore throat. It started yesterday. Hopefully it is just stupid allergies.

Kempy I hope that dryer gets fixed. Our tv in our bedroom is shot. It seems like something needs to be replaced so often here. Ugh, more money down the drain.

Cherie are you back in town yet??

Cal I hope Ashley is feeling better.

Noelle how did Michael like his program?? I bet he had a good time.

Hi Dips and Angie, and everyone else. Check back after while.

jbbm
06-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Hi girls just popping in to see if anyone was here.... :)

melekalikimaka
06-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey girls, just dropped the kiddos off at their summer program. Yikes! Now I remembered by I sent my kid to a private school. The public school kids are just plain WILD! Now I'm speaking only of the schools in my district of course--don't want to offend anyone or make you think I'm some kind of snob :lol: There were some kids smaller than mine and they were swearing like sailors! It was embarrassing.

Computer is acting up..gotta shut down and restart, be back in minute. :rolleyes:

angieME
06-15-2005, 08:28 PM
I Love You Guys!! You are all such great friends. I hate to come here and whine all the time though. LOL I really think I am okay with the bakery going under if it does now though. I have a pretty good work schedule without it but I will hate to lose the few great customers we do get regularly. We arent sure what to do with the place yet but I hate taking the long dangerous(with the moose everywhere) drive up everyday. If I cant afford to move there it just kind of spoils it for me. We may just see if my ex SIL wants to take it over for cost since she lives there and went around and told everyone up there that we stole her idea. (an idea by the way that she never did on her own and since I have been in this business for the last 10 years I think she is full of ****... but I digress... :o )

Kempy, Dont feel bad about your dryer mine does the same thing. I would like to go buy a new set this summer. I totally understand how you feel about your business too. I know we are so sick of hearing "How's business?" because we dont know what to say. We dont want to lie and have everyone say why did they close they said they were doing good and we dont want to be a downer either. :lol:

Noelle, I cant wait to see pics of your new puppy. My moms cat is preggo and I think I will take one of the kittens when it is born. She should have them this week.

Cal, Do you and your sis have specific plans in Waterville? I dont know if there is all that much there to do. I only go there to get pool supplies, So I dont really know much info about it. :lol:

Julie, I didnt realize your kids birthdays were so close together. Jay's Birthday is Saturday. I bought him some Omaha steaks and they came today and wouldnt ya know it he is like a kid and liked the packaging better. Him and the kids had a ball with the dry ice. :lol: :lol: :lol: They are a bunch of wierdos. We are going to take the twins to the mall for their birthday which is the same day as mine,my moms and Kempy's. I am going to let them run wild and get whatever they want.It will be much easier than throwing a party and it is the activity they picked over a party. So everyone is happy. Have you seen ****'s Kitchen yet? I love that show. I like Fire me please too. That one is cute.

I dont know if you guys had heard about an incident that happened up this way last week or not. The paper siad it made national news. 3 teenage boys stole a dog from someones back yard and tied her to a tree trunk and took turns beating her to death and slicing and stabbing her till she died and then they dumped her on a foot path at the elementary school. This happened in Presque Isle which is quite a ways away from where I live but I could just cry thinking about what that poor dog suffered through. When they got arrested they said they did it because they wanted to "kill something that wasnt human" Oh MY GOD!!! Now they say the laws were written wrong and they wont be charged with a felony but a misdemeaner and will probably only get probation which 2 of the little jerks were already on for other felonies. I cant believe people like that are allowed in society. They will kill a person someday I bet. I was so sick to my stomach the day I heard about it because all I could think about was this trusting dog following them willingly and the thought that someone could do that.

jbbm
06-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi Girls just popping in after dinner. Grilled cheeseburgers and chips on the side. Anyone else sick of hearing about Tom Cruise and his new love Katie :p?? Enough all ready!! Well going to call the dh and kids inside for the night, mosquitos are bad and my kids swell so bad from a bite.

Angie, I am glad you are at peace and are okay if you close the bakery. I stand behind you no matter what girl. You know I remember you mentioning your SIL saying that about the bakery. LOL.... Yup, my kiddos are two years, two weeks and two hours apart....are you girls sick of me talking about my kids :^:?? Haha. Tell Jay Happy Birthday from us, I hope he has a great day on Saturday!! Dry ice is fun.
I have seen the previews for Hells Kitchen but never saw the episode yet. It looks good though. I miss all the shows from last fall.
I didn't hear about that dog. How sad, I wonder where those kids will be in ten years??

Hi out there everyone else. Have a great evening.

jbbm
06-15-2005, 08:59 PM
I just heard on Entertainment Tonight that a women's breast size will change at least six times in her lifetime :yikes:I think I am on number three or four :lol3:!! Maybe more, LOL!!

jbbm
06-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Good Night Girls

Angie, I hope you did not take my post wrong. After I posted I went back and read it and did not want you to take it the wrong way. I want ya to succeed in whatever choice you and Jay make. Sometimes it feels like we are talking face to face but we are not, you know what I mean ;)?? :) :) I wish we were all together sipping some cool drinks though!!

Talk to you all later. Have a nice night girls.

melekalikimaka
06-16-2005, 04:24 AM
Hey girls, just checking in for the night. Today was the first day we could set up for the home show, Rick didn't get down to the place until this evening. They are open until 10 pm, then tomorrow morning @ 8:00 am until 1 pm. I gave him the wrong info--the show opens tomorrow, I thought it opened on Friday evening! So we are one day short. Oh well, I guess we will make it work, we always do. They are going to set up a shower stall surround and a bath tub surround, using cultured marble walls--like a real bathroom set up so people can get an idea what they're bathrooms could look like. We got a real good response last year, and hope to do the same this year.

I got some great pics of Lucky (the pup) wearing a cute little pink t-shirt. My sister and her boss (the dog groomer) go to Thailand every year and they buy tons of dog clothes. Then at Halloween after their customers get groomed, they dress them up and take pictures for the owners. It's hilarious. My computer is acting so funky, my photo software disappeared. I have to find the disc to reinstall the software so I can download the pics to get them posted. It's such a pain. I can't even print pictures if I cant's download them. I'm feeling like I want to buy a new digital camera with a stand alone printer doc, just so I don't have to deal with these stupid computers and their viruses and quirks.

Angie, that is just sickening about the dog. Don't the authorities know that kids who torture small animals are showing traits of becoming serial killers later on in life? That's just nuts. So you're not getting any takers on your house? Do you know if anyone bought that funeral home? The real estate here is still priced ridiculously high and it's still climbing. Gosh, I remember when a few years back I was grumbling about the price of a home here being in the high 300's. Now the median price is twice that--i kid you not.

Julie, happy belated b-day to your sweet dd :hb: Wow, 4 years old already :) You guys sound like you had a blast. So what occupies your Tuesday nights now that AI isn't on? I think I only watch 'House', you know that dr. show that used to come on after AI? Other than that, I try to hit the sack early.

Kempy, as far as appliances go, our washing machine is on it's last leg. Oh yeah, and the microwave is in the repair shop too. We didn't know how to reheat food on the stove or regular oven for the first 2 days without it :lol:. I bet you don't like to hang clothes on a line outside huh? :lol: Did your repair man save the day for your dryer?

Cal, how is Ashley feeling today? Hope all's well. Did you guys get affected with that earthquake situation on the west coast? There was a series of quakes in Chile and Africa and the Pacific NW area within a short time period...scary stuff, made me think of that movie the Day after tomorrow.

Dips, how are you enjoying that A/C? I wish I had one right about now. It's kind of muggy and the termites are coming out in droves. Yuck. Stay cool for me will ya?

Anyway, just wanted to wish everyone a good evening. Chat w/y'all tomorrow.

Dips'n'twists
06-16-2005, 10:41 AM
How's everything?

I'm on my last day of phase 1 of the SBD and I haven't weighed myself in a while so I'll wait until tomorrow to see how I'm doing. I have lots to do today, I'm off from work, so I can't stay long, just wanted to say hey. Be back 2nite.

PhotogirlTX
06-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Hey everyone... this week has been quite mad.... I've been working trying to get our new payroll system up and running, and I have just been too busy to even breath... Today, I am leaving at noon, and we are heading out to Indianapolis for the race this weekend. I get my girls back on Tuesday, and then things will settle down, and I will have time to get my butt back in here.

Anyway.. I didn't want you to think I fell off the face of 3FC.... This month has just been unbelievable.... I'll talk to you all soon, I need to finish clearing off my desk so I can go!

Talk soon!

Cherie

Kempyd
06-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Wow, this place has been pretty slow. I am guilty of not being here either. I have been in a funk latly. I am PMSy and I hate my diet and to top it off my clients aren't like they should be. Enough of my crap.

You guys must be pretty busy. I am going to a Pampered Chef party tonight at my neighbors house. I relaly don't care to go to these kind of things but she is my friend so I will help her out. Their stuff is so exspensive plus I am really don't cook that much so the stuff just takes up space in the kitchen.

Angie whatever heepend about the teacher? Do you feel a little better today?

Cherie I hope you have fun at the race.

Noelle the dryer is fixed. Well, it wasn't even the dryer. When they built our hosue they put the vent ot low so it was getting water in it when it would rain. Well, water and lint don't mix welll so the lint that the dryer wasn't catching was getting clogged in the tube. It has been building up in there for 3 years. Talk about gross when Joe flushed it out with water. I am just glad that we didn't burn the house down.

Well, i need to get out of here I will try to get back here tonight.

jbbm
06-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Hey girls How is everyone's weekend going?? My weekend is going okay....kind of cold only in the sixties, but I won't complain, it is better than single digits. It is going to get warmer though and that is good because I want my morning glories to come up. Lets see, I just had a steak dinner. It was good. It was tender. Kids have been playing with the neighbor kids and friends from dh's work and going to different parks. We also did the day out with thomas yesterday. I have not excercised in a long time. Yuck, I better get on track. Trying to train dd to do number two. Ugh, we are going bonkers. Patience though she will get it. Enough about me.

Kempy hope you are doing better. Are you following a certain diet. Right now I am just trying to eat "clean". I hope you enjoyed the party at your neighbors house. My mom has bought me several things from Pampered Chef. They are pretty exspensive but I have a favorite spatula that I use for everything. Wow, I can't believe that about your dryer. Thank God your house didn't burn down.

Noelle I hope the show is going smoothly for you and you are getting some customers from looking at your work. Have a good one.

Well hello everyone else!!

jbbm
06-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Cherie wanted to add, I hope you are having a blast with Alan. I bet you miss the girls though. We can't wait to have you back. See you soon.

jbbm
06-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Hey girls btw did anyone see a recent picture of Jack Osbourne?? He looks great, he is down to 179 pounds, I saw his picture in People. I guess he low carbed it and does a lot of running. Okay just wanted to add that. I am glad he is off drugs too.

Dips'n'twists
06-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Hey everyone, I don't know if I mentioned but I've "graduated" to Phase 2 of SBD which means I can enjoy carbs again! YAY :D I'm really doing well with this diet and I'm trying to get my father on board but it's a struggle. I'll keep trying though. Anyways,

Kempy- Hope you're feeling better these days. We women always have our mood swings ;) but you're too cheerful of a person to remain in a funk for too long.

Angie- How ya been, girl! I'm thinking about you.

Noelle- I know it has to be hot where you are. NYC cooled off a tad so I'm happy about that. I wanted to start walking or jogging through central park on some mornings before it really gets blazing out here.

J-Still having potty troubles with the little darling, huh. Yeah I guess at this point patience is key. Otherwise excersise would be good for you so lets get it going!!

Hi Cherie- I know it's been crazy but hang tough, girlie.

Okay I have to go work out now. I want to get it out of the way nice and early. TTYL

jbbm
06-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Hey everyone

My dd gave her dad a father's day present and went on the toliet. WOOHOO :D. Other than that I just put money in a card so they can "take" him out for ice cream. I will try to avoid the temptation. But we have like three cartons of ice cream in the freezer. Oh boy. I am not a big fan of ice cream anyway unless it is served with a dessert ;).

Dips congrats on the phase two part of the diet. I am sure you will be happy to add some carbs back. Sounds like you are doing so well.

Well going to get going I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday and Father's Day. Take care all.

angieME
06-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey everyone. How is everyones weekends going? Good I hope.

Jay's Birthday was yesterday so I bought him an XM Radio for the car and the kids bought him the Home Kit for it. I like it alot. We went to Bangor this morning and listened to the joke station all the way down and back. I never laughed so hard. We will definately be taking that in the RV if we get to go on vacation this year. :lol: I am making him his filet mignon with garlic smashed potatoe and corn for supper tonight.

Oh I fell in love with a kitten at the Humane Society yesterday. I went down to donate some money because they are currently taking care of 100 dogs seized from a home up my way plus it is kitten season so they are swamped. Well, this little girl was so damn cute. She looked just like the little gray stray I found a few years ago. I could have taken her home in a heartbeat. :lol:

The bakery was actually busy yesterday. That was nice.

Well, I gotta go finish supper.

PS: Julie, :cheer: for your daughter going potty. I also meant to tell you I loved the pic of your family.

jbbm
06-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Angie your dinner sounds so good. I hope you all enjoyed it. Your weekend sounds like it was great. I am happy that you had a good weekend. That was so nice that you went and donated money. You have such a good heart. I was thinking on getting another dog. I was just so upset when our last dog died, the thought of losing one again is hard. I would love a yellow lab. Like Kempys!! We had a black lab. She was like a human, she understood everything I said :lol:.
Thanks about dd, she said she would never do a number two in her pants again :).

Well just wanted to check in. Dh and the kids went to MIL's for dinner. My belly is kind of upset so I just had a handful of cheerios. Btw he did not bring any cake home for me because they had ice cream one. Damn I was looking foward to a piece of cake :lol:.

jbbm
06-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Night Girls....have a restful night!!

Kempyd
06-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Hey guys. I took the day off today. I just couldn't go in and sit there again. I am just piddling around the hosue right now. The cleaning lady is coming so I am doing little stuff that she doesn't do. Thank god for trade outs. I don't have to pay her for this.

Dips congrates on the graduation. What kind of carbs can you eat now?

Julie what a great father's day gift from your dd. It is actually pretty cool right now down here. The humidity is only 44%. It feels great outside. I have been sitting with the dogs all morning outside. I deadheaded some plants and fertilized all of our trees. I have been neglecting them latly.

Angie I am so happy for you. I knew you would have a busy day soon. Don't you love XM. We have that in the new car and I love to listen to the comedy chan. I have to stay out of the shelter down here. I would bring everything home with me. Are you feeling better?

Cal how is the yard? I hope that you are able to post a pic soon. I love yard stuff. Like you couldn't tell by how much I am outisde. :D

Noelle did you guys do anything fun yesterday?

I am going to run do a few things and try to pop back on later.

Dips'n'twists
06-20-2005, 08:11 PM
I got off work early today so I get to relax and watch some good monday night prime time! I have no life, I swear. Anyways,

J- in phase 2 i can enjoy whole wheat pasta, Whole wheat/ whole grain bread fruits, bagles. This diet offers a lot of balance. with all the food you have to eat in a day I'm never hungry. I really like it a lot.

Kempy- don't you just love playing hookie from work! It's the best. Hope you enjoyed your r&r.

Hi Angie- Glad you got a lot of biz. Makes me want to go and eat something sweet. (but I won't I promise.)

My show is about to come on soon so I'll check back later

jbbm
06-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Good Morning Girls, How is everyone today??

I am tired out of it right now. We went swimming yesterday and ds was acting kind of sick last night, thought it was to much sun but now he has cold symptoms. Went to bed at one-ish and got up at five-ish, wow, I am not a teenager anymore for sure, I use to be able to stay up all night and be fine the next day....old age must be setting in :dizzy:.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday :), I will check back in a little while.
Julie

jbbm
06-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Oh, btw Cherie you are coming back today right?? I can't wait to hear how your trip was and how the girls did away from you with your friend and just miss having you around.

Hi Noelle, Angie, Kempy, Dips, Cal!!

angieME
06-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi guys!! I didnt get to open the bakery this morning because we went up and they had blocked off the whole street way down the road to traffic while they tarred both sides of the street at once!! Now that isnt the way they tar streets up here so I dont know why they didnt leave one lane open to traffic. We couldnt even get close to the bakery and the flagger said it would take quite a while to get it done so we turned around and came home. I went back to bed and slept some more. I HATE THAT PLACE!! :lol: I want my old life of being lazy and working at home back. :lol: I am sure that even though noone could actually get close to the place there will be at least one person that comes in tomorrow and *****es because we didnt open.

Now I get to go make the donuts for tomorrow. fun fun. I wanted to check in before I started work though. Check back later.

angieME
06-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Julie, I hope your son feels better today

jbbm
06-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Hi Angie, nice surprise to see you!! I can't believe they would close both lanes of traffic. What the heck is up with that. You go girl, you deserve to come back home and sleep some more!! I bet that felt great for you :). You know I bet you do miss working from home. I wish I could find a job like that. I was thinking about going back to school for medical transcription and work from home. Maybe in a couple years when both kids are in school full time. Then I could be here when they get home from school and could do stuff around here in between work. Ds is coming around. I think it is my sore throat I had last week. You have a great day home today even though you are busy making stuff for tomorrow.

jbbm
06-21-2005, 03:32 PM
What is everyone doing for supper?? I think I may have dh light up the grill. It is just to hot to do anything in the oven. Well wanted to see if anyone popped in.

Noelle, how was the show?? I hope everything went well. Miss ya.

Okay off to do some cleaning.

melekalikimaka
06-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Hey girls, just popping in to say hi :wave: Man, what a week! Rick and I worked all weekend at the show. It went really well, now what to do with all these customers that want our services? :lol: Anyway, nothing really special this weekend, there was just not enough time. I'm gonna try and make sure Rick does not have to work this weekend at all. I spent all morning and some of the afternoon stuck in traffic and delivering parts and tools to 2 jobsites. I wish I could either just drive and do that or just stay in the office--not both. I put over 100 miles on the car today--and that is hard to do on this tiny island. I must've made 3 trips to the same building though, going back and forth from town. I didn't know driving could be so exhausting!

Julie, :dancer: woohoo for DD going #2 on the potty :) Even though it was father's day you got a great gift as well eh? Now you can get rid of those pull ups ;) Give your boy a hug from me, hope he's feeling 100% better. Man, i hear ya on that can't stay up all night and be raring to go in the morning. Speaking of teenagers, I'm reading that Motley Crue book "The Dirt" that I gave my sis for her b-day. Makes me remember my high school days(or should I say daze? :s: ) So are you gonna get that new puppy you were thinking about? That would be so sweet.

Angie, XM sat radio, I'm jealous! :) Wow that sucks that you weren't able to go in to work today, that was probably a waste of time huh? That makes no sense that they would close off all lanes of traffic...but then again, the gov't makes the rules right? :rolleyes: You lucky gal, you got to sleep in the daytime. Speaking of 'Lucky' I have got to try and get these pics of our puppy soon, she's growing so fast it's unbelievable. She got her first shots this past Saturday, my mom took her to the military clinic since it's WAY cheaper than the regular private vet. The entire visit + meds only cost $27.50. THe regular vet's office visit charge is $38.50, never mind any shots or meds.

Dips, sounds like you're doing really well on the SBD. I think i'd go a little nuts w/out carbs. So what's on TV on Monday nights? Anything good?

Kempy, :lol: I had to reread your post because for a minute there I thought you were one of those people who clean up before the maid comes--but I see that you said you did the things she doesn't do. If I had a maid I'd let her do all the work, never mind tidying up before she came over :lol: I actually have friends that do that--what's the point in paying her to do the job when you're helping her out? You're lucky your doing a trade off though.
How's the new car? I saw one on the road today, it's real nice to look at.

Cal, hope you're enjoying your summer. Let us know when you head off to ME to visit Angie...

Well, hope everyone enjoys their evening, be back tomorrow if things settle down.

jbbm
06-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Noelle hey girl nice to see you back. I knew you were busy with the show and all. I am glad it went good and you have new customers, now hopefully you have the time for them. 100 miles today :yikes:, you be safe doing all that driving. People out there are crazy. The traffic here is picking up, but no where near as bad as my brother's daily commute in the northern Cali. area. I don't know how he does it. I am kind of the nervous driver. Well, manily on the highway. I still want a puppy but dh is still I don't know yet?? We'll see ;). Enjoy that book. Dh would love that one. And have fun with that new pup. You are right they grow so fast.

Okay going to go and try rest. Probally watch some tv. Ate so so tonight. Frozen pizza, oh well I did great the rest of the day. Not going to stress over a frozen pizza, things could be worse in life than eating some pizza.
Have a good night everyone and a great day tomorrow!! Bye for now.... :)

calnative
06-22-2005, 12:02 AM
We've hit the highest temp since 2003; it was 114 today. Only 1 degree short of the record. I guess I should be glad the humidity was down...only 9%.

We got our yard down, but I can't figure out how to post a picture here. It looks awesome; we still have to get some trees, but that will come later. We also got our dog back yesterday. He went into the backyard and just stopped and looked at the yard. He then went over and smelled the rocks. He's seems happy to be home, but I'm sure he misses the other dog.

I got a clean bill of health from my doctor today. Two weeks ago I had a physical and all tests came back good. In fact, the doctor was very pleased at the results of my blood work, especially for someone my age and size. I even lost 3 pounds since my last visit 2 weeks ago.

Ashley's feeling better; she was sick only 1 day. Just a virus.

Noelle: Glad everything went well last weekend. I am leaving Monday the 27th for Indianapolis. We will be in ME on July 2 and 3. I'm really looking forward to the trip.

Hello to everyone. Have a great night.

Cal

Kempyd
06-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Well, I have at least gotten in my workout for today. We are having a DU meeting here tonight so I need to go pick up some Subway sandwiches for tonight. We have to feed these people.

Cal do you know how to make you pics smaller? Once you get them a certain size you and post them by adding them as an attachment. I hoep that I didn't just make it more confusing.

Angie that is the craziest thing I have heard. I thought they only did stupid stuff liek that down here. :lol: They are repaving the road right in front of the salon. They already greaded the top and they aren't going to put the new asphalt down for god knows how long. They should have just left that alone until they were finished with all of the culverts. They are installing new ones all the way down the length of the road. My new white car has little black specks all over it. It drives me crazy. I have to use WD40 to get them off and that takes a long time to do. I hope you had a busy day today at work.

Noelle I love the car still. I still have a hard time parking it though. I was so used to swinging wide with the truck I over shoot the parking space and end up on the line. Trust me, the cleaning lady does it all. I hate to do floors so I make sure they are nice and dirty for her. :devil: I will put away our clothes and make the bed. She takes care of all of the dirty work so to speak.

Hey Julie and Dips. I need to head out to get the food. If I can't pop back on tonight I will chat tomorrow.

melekalikimaka
06-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Hey girls, we found another dog last night. It's a red-nosed pit bull mix(?) puppy, probably only 3-4 months old. He's about medium sized w/a beautiful reddish brown coat, white tipped feet and he still has his ears. His tail looks like someone either tried to dock it and did a cr@ppy job or someone just broke it for fun. He was running around in the vacant lot behind our house. Then when my sis took the dogs for a walk, he followed them. I called the Humane Society and they're supposed to pick him up this afternoon. I feel sort of bad because he's a nice looking dog, and friendly. He had a brown nylon collar on but no i.d. tag, and he was really skinny so Michael started calling him "bones" :lol:. If we didn't already get Lucky the puppy, I would seriously think about keeping this guy. We asked some kids around the neighborhood if they knew whose dog it was, some said it belonged to some lady who lived on Kam IV road--which is ridiculous because that's about 15-20 miles away. But we just tied it up until the pound comes to get it.

Cal, glad to hear your health is good and congrats on those 3 lbs :dancer: Glad to hear someone is losing weight (since I'm not :lol: ). I bet your yard looks wonderful. I think you just need to resize those pics to get them posted like Kempy said. Maybe your pup needs a playmate? another dog maybe? :lol:

Julie, that Crue book is hilarious to read, and kind of gross too, their behavior was just plain disgusting sometimes--but that's heavy metal right? Yeah, I'm kind of glad I don't live on the mainland where driving loooonnnnnggggg commutes is no big deal. If i have to sit in the car for more than 45 minutes, that's a long drive. I swear I was on the road from 8:30 to 2:30 just driving here and there and back again. Traffic sucks. So what's happening in your neighborhood today?

Kempy, have fun at your DU meeting--good job on feeding them healthy stuff :)

Well, gotta run and get back to work. Hello to all and hope everyone has a great day.

jbbm
06-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Hey girls just popping in before dinner. Dh is firing up the grill and we are going to have cheeseburgers with grilled onions and toasted buns :T. The buns are whole wheat. So trying to make them healthier ;). I have been so busy with the kids today. Did you guys ever have one of those days you were so busy you can hardly even remember all the things you did :lol:?? It is a beautiful day here. In the eighties. Tomorrw we are looking at temp of 91.

Cal stay cool in the heat. Wow. That is really hot. Congrats on the yard. Also on the weight loss and clean bill of health. I am glad Ashley is feeling better.

Kempy I love subway. Hope the meeting goes well and everyone does not trash your house!! That sucks about the specks on the car. You want to protect those cars being so new.

Noelle, I bet you were tempted to keep that doggy. "Bones" that is so cute. My ds is feeling better but still has a runny nose....warning do not be grossed out by what I have to say here it was funny as heck when my ds said it. He was picking his darn nose, finally tissue after tissue I said to him so how do those boogers taste? He says to me very distinguished mama:lol:!! I almost fell over laughing. Sorry if it is TMI. Kids, the things they say.

Hi Angie, Dips, and Cherie, and anybody else I missed. Well going to go get dinner moving along. Check back later. Bye for now.

jbbm
06-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Cal wanted to say I am so excited you get to meet another friend here in the group. You will probally all meet us individually and then we all get together some day :lol:.

jbbm
06-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Morning all.

melekalikimaka
06-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Hey girls, not much happening here today, same old same old. On the bright side, it's almost the weekend!...well, almost. I'm looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday and just relaxing. Anything exciting happening where you guys are?

Be back later to chat. Have a good one. :sunny:

BTW Julie, your DS is so funny :lol: so is that the kind of thing you'd say at home? "distinguished"? that is too cute. Gross...but cute and funny. out of the mouths of babes as they say.

melekalikimaka
06-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Hey girls, I had a pretty productive day workwise and not too much stress from the boss-man. I'm a happy camper. The guy from the pound came over yesterday afternoon, scanned the dog for a microchip but there wasn't any, no tattoos or any other form of i.d. either. My sister's friend took the dog home with her as she has 2 others, male and female red-nose pitbulls. I hope they don't get into any fights. So the guy has a good home now. My puppy is getting used to her surroundings and is being a feisty little thing. She's teething I guess because she likes to bite the heck out of everything. She bit my mom in the stomach when my mom was carrying her--oops! Not anything serious of course, but those pups have little needle-like teeth.

oh well, just had a late lunch and have got to cut the payroll checks. Then I am outta here. HaVe a good evening. :wave:

jbbm
06-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Where is everyone at??

Cherie are you really busy being back at work this week?? Hope to hear from you soon :).

Angie I hope you are doing good.

Kempy hope the meeting went well.

Noelle I can't remember the last time I used that word, LOL....isn't that just funny. I am so excited about the weekend too, to sleep. But my mom wants me to come over and see my step-dads relatives. Something I don't really want to do. Anyway dd woke up at 11:30 and was up until 1:30 then back up at 3:00. I am doing pretty well I have to say without hardly any sleep this week. Haha. Weird. Maybe my body is getting use to it and I should get a job working the night shift. She is acting better today. Maybe coming down with something that ds had?? Just because winter is over there is still junk going around. I hope little Michael is enjoying his summer program. Anything fun planned for this weekend??

Dips are you staying cool in the heat?? Are you enjoying phase 2 of the diet still??

Cal are you staying cool....it was hotter than he-double hockey sticks here today!! In the 90's and humid. With the humidity the weather said it felt almost 100 degrees. Is it better by you because of the low humidity??

Well going to get going. The kids and dh went through Dairy Queen drive through tonight. I told him not to get me anything, what does he do?? Comes home with a large hot fudge and carmel pecan ice cream sundae. I had a few bites. He wanted to share it. I made him eat most of it anyway. Ahhhh....thank god for air conditioning, I don't know how people do without. Well, yes I do. When I was a kid we didn't have it and it was hard!! Well have a great night and a wonderful Friday!! Come out come out from where ever you are :).

angieME
06-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi Guys!! I gotta go to work now but I wanted to say HI!! :wave:

melekalikimaka
06-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Hey Angie, you're probably almost done with your workday by now. Hope it was a good one.

Nothing much happening here, just work work work. Michael had a field trip to the beach today. I slathered him up twice w/sunscreen before he left this morning, then gave him the bottle and told him to reapply after he goes swimming. They have swimming at the pool on Tuesdays and even though they advise the parents to apply sunscreen to the kid prior to arriving, I had no idea they let them play in the pool for almost the entire program (besides lunchtime). By the time he came home his face and arms were a bright red. I was so pissed! Don't they know that the sunscreen only lasts for about 80 minutes or so? Maybe less if the kid is in the water and sun the whole time. I thought they would have an hour or two to swim, not just at the kids leisure. That didn't make any sense to me. So anyway, enough rambling :lol:

We might go and see either the Herbie or the Batman movie this weekend. I think Herbie is way more oriented for kids...you know which one Rick wants to see though :rolleyes:. So what do you guys think of Katie Holmes? I think she should run far and run fast. Tom Cruise is a bit strange these days don't you think? :s:

Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying their Friday. Be safe!

calnative
06-25-2005, 01:38 AM
Just a couple more days then I won't have computer access. We're not taking the computer with us this year.

Julie: Even though it is so dry here that you can feel your skin stretch, I believe it is much better than having humidity. Hubbie grew up with hot humid weather and he prefers the dry heat. Our humidity has been hanging around 15% for the past couple of days. If you've ever been in a dry sauna you know how it feels here. When we see the humidity rise above 20% we find it very uncomfortable. Usually in July and August we'll see it rise to about 30-40% with the monsoon rains. The bad thing during that time is that it does not cool off at night. The day time high will be over 105, but the over night low will usually be in the 80's or 90's. Right now our over night lows are about 81 degrees.

Noelle: I know what you mean about the sunscreen. It seems you can't keep enough on them. Ashley has quite a tan already, even with the sunscreen. I let her swim in the pool in the morning, before the sun gets very high, and again in the evening as the sun sets. She said the pool feels like a hot tub.

Angie: When is a good time to call? I know you are so busy with your bakery.
I look forward to meeting you.

Dips: Keep cool. You are doing so awesome on the...(dare I use the word??)...diet?? ;)

Kempy: I hope everything is going well for you. I still haven't figured out how to post the pictures of my backyard. I may have to email them to everyone.

Cherie: Didn't you just get back from Indy? We are flying there on Monday. We're only staying the night, then off on our trip. I have a feeling that we're going to get quite a bit of rain on this trip. I don't mind as long as it cools down after the rain. It just doesn't do that here, especially in summer.

Have a great night everyone and a great weekend.

Cal

Dips'n'twists
06-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Okay, I have to be real with my girls. I was babysitting my cousin's kids (ages 2 and 4) I took then to the zoo wednesday and afterward they wanted McDonalds. Turns out they weren't into the turkey sandwiches I prepared for lunch. So I took them. The 2 year old didn't finish her cheese burger so, in a moment of weekness, I did. Even though it was a minor slip up I still felt a little bad about it. But I've been extra good ever since. The SBD allows carbs in phase 2 so it wasn't all bad. I just have to stay away from children from now on.

It is HOT in NYC I'm staying indoors where it's nice and cool. Tomorrow I have to go to work. I'll be watching the Gay Pride parade right outside our window. Should bring us some interesting customers.

J- I'm with you, thank goodness for A/C. So just as I have to avaoid kids, you have to avoid your hubby :) Shame on him for bringing dairy queen home against your wishes.

Noelle- I didn't realize sunscreen didn't last that long. I never had sunburn. I don't wear sunscreen either. I hope his skin doesn't start peeling. I don't think I'll see the BAtman movie as I originally planned. Thanks to the media, I'm sick to death of Katie and Tom. Tom is acting weird these days but I'm over him.

Cal- I'll miss you when you go away :( I guess I shouldn't complain about my heat in NY when your guys are seriously cooking over there on the west coast. 114 is like fry-an-egg-on-the-sidewalk hot. Good job on the weight loss!

jbbm
06-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Morning Girls....check back in a bit

calnative
06-27-2005, 11:40 AM
We're leaving today!!!!
Wonderful vacation!!!!
I'll try to come back on before we leave. If not, I'll chat with everyone in 2 weeks.

Angie: I'll see you next weekend. :D

Cal

jbbm
06-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Okay I am back, I hope everyone had a really great weekend. Sorry I did not post but I checked in, but I was just non-stop.

Noelle did you get your movie in?? Your poor little boy. Sun-burns hurt bad and always keep ya up at night. Have a good day at work today. I actually asked dh if I could go to work for him tomorrow :lol: and have him stay home after dd threw a fit a bath time for an hour straight of crying because she couldn't open two new toothbrushes :dizzy:. I think she was just over tired from the day. Btw I think Tom Cruise has gone totally psycho. I would RUN Katie, I am so sick of hearing about the two of them. And what he said about Brooke Sheilds really got me p'oed. He should keep his damn opionions to himself about that. I would like to see him push out a ten pound baby and have his hormones go bonkers ;). Okay you get my point :lol:. I don't think he that great of an actor anyway.

Dips don't let that little slip up get you down at all. You are doing great. Keep it up!! You are right it is hard to avoid kiddie tempations with food. We always have a snacks around for them to eat and we go to McD's alot. I usually just have a couple of fries and thats all. But I will admit I cheated all weekend. How was the parade yesterday?? Interesting customers??

Cherie, where are you?? I thought you would be back sooner :(. Miss you.

Angie, I hope you did not work that hard this weekend. Is it hot up by you too?? I hope your kids are enjoying their summer.

Kempy how are you feeling?? I hope your pups are staying cool.

Cal that trip is getting here. I hope you feel some cooler weather.

Well off to get some picking up done around here. It is going to be so hot and humid here today. Close to one hundred. My fingers hurt from typing this. They are so swollen because of the heat and pms. Five more days of feeling lousy. Yuck. Anyway going to get things done I didn't do this weekend. I went visiting some family, we went strawberry picking yesterday. Yum, last night we had a bbq and I made homemade strawberry milkshakes to go with cheeseburgers. It was like eating at a diner. It was sooo good. But back on track today. Check back later on to see who was here. Have a great day girls :).

jbbm
06-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Bye Cal :wave:!! Have a fun time and be safe. You and Angie have fun.
Relax and enjoy!!

melekalikimaka
06-27-2005, 05:41 PM
:wave: Bye Cal, have a great time! Give Angie a hug for me will ya? Hope all of you travel well and have a good ole time. We'll miss ya.

I got some pics of the pup downloaded, I'm trying to resize them this morning.... let's see if this works... :crossed:

melekalikimaka
06-27-2005, 05:46 PM
I think it worked... here are a few more.

Lucky and her pal, Michael

melekalikimaka
06-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Julie, yowza! 100 degrees? I think we hit 90 a couple of times this summer but things seem to be cooling down, esp. @ night. We've got a pleasant 70 degrees at night which makes for no-blanket sleeping. Stay cool girlie. Hey, we had strawberries too last night...ummmm, Michael got a "chocolate factory" (you know the one you see on TV?) and we made chocolate dipped strawberries :^: . I had a few then I ate a plain (honest) banana. :T Your bbq sounds great for summer. Any plans for next weekend? I'm waiting for the watermelon prices to go down then I'll be getting one for the 4th of July.

Dips, hey girl, it is really hard to stay on track when eating around kids. You know us moms kind of do that mindless eating thing when they don't finish the last bite or want to throw away too much good food. We don't like to waste things at our house. I guess I have to get over that if I want to stay away from all those "extra" calories. You sound like you are doing really well on SBD though, and that minor slip up, at least you owned up to it. I'm proud of you girl. :bravo: So how was that G/L parade? My 16 y.o. niece was hanging out by the beach at Waikiki and we had one go through that neighborhood, she was a little shocked. i'm sure it's nothing like what you guys have in NYC though. Come to think of it, we were in SF, CA when she was 10 and let me tell you, that was one freaky parade--she went home and told her mom all about it then. There were (more than) half-naked women and men riding on motorcyles in the parade :eek: Hey, I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round, eh?

Well, I really gotta get some work done. Everyone have a great day.

Dips'n'twists
06-27-2005, 09:10 PM
The parade was awesome, Very festive indeed! I could have done without all the nakedness, although I must say, those hormones make transvestite boobs look fabulous! I was jealous ;)

Noelle- what adorable picks. Both pup and child are cutie pies. I never did think that chocolate and strawberries went well together. I kinda like chocolate to stand on it's own. But I'm sure the chocolate factory was fun to play with. looked like a blast on tv!

j- You poor dear. pms sucks but nothing like a strawberry milkshake to chase the blues away. Sounds really good. But as you said, back on track now. I'm watching you!

All this talk about food is making me hungry, gonna go feed myself.

jbbm
06-27-2005, 11:25 PM
Dips that is so funny about the hormones :lol:.

Noelle Michael is such a cutie. And that puppy is a little doll. I just want to hug the both of them!! As for next weekend I am not sure yet. Our city has a big fireworks display downtown. But I don't know if I want to deal with the traffic and my kids would probally be sleeping by the time they start. But that idea is still up in the air. One of my neighbors invited us over because the neighbors behind them have a huge fireworks display. So maybe one of those two things. Sparklers in the yard and driveway and a cool drink are always a hit too ;). Are you going to any displays or are you going to be staying home??

Well going to get off of here. Have a good night and a great Tuesday!!

jbbm
06-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Good Morning Girls I hope to see more of you today, come on out ladies.

jbbm
06-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey girls has anyone heard from Cherie or when she will be back?? It is just to darn slow around here!! Have a good day all.

melekalikimaka
06-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Hey girls, happy Tuesday. My Murano is getting a maintenance check up today so I had to drive my dad's old beater truck to work today. It was actually my uncle's but when he passed away, my dad inherited it. It's a '87? Ford Ranger on it's last legs. Man the 10 minute drive to work was nerve-wracking and I was sweating by the time I got to the office. It has no A/C and my niece got into a little fender bender a few weeks ago with it. I was afraid the front grill was gonna fall off :lol: I can laugh about it now but I know i'll be just as anxious driving home in it. It got me from point A to point B though so I can't complain too much.

Julie, I haven't heard from Cherie either. I bet she had a great time at the races though. I can't believe we're at the end of June already. I think spending the 4th w/the neighbors and their fireworks sounds like a good plan, you won't have to deal with the traffic and hauling sleeping kids around. I think I'll just be staying home and making my own fireworks :devil:

We have the 3rd annual Choppers Only motorcyle run on the 3rd...Rick's bike is currently in pieces, he got the tank and fenders repainted and one of our friends who is co-promoting the show was waiting for some parts to come in...well it doesn't look like the bike will be back in one piece in time for the run so it looks like we'll be heading there w/the family vehicle instead. Eddie Trotta, Chica and Matt Hotch are supposed to be in town for this event. The first (or second?) year Indian Larry and Billy Lane were here. Arlen and Cory Ness were here for a Discovery Channel biker buildoff series as well. It's fun to be admidst all these loud, beautiful machines.

Dips, haha about the hormone boobs :lol: so true! In Thailand I went to a show called Mambo and all of the performers are "lady-boys", either transgendered or in the process of becoming. Some are strikingly beautiful. Others are just downright scary :lol: Oh well, we real ladies have got to be thankful for what God gave us right?

Angie, how's the business doing these days? I liked the pics of your mom's cat and kittens. She looks like a contented mama. Those kittens will be so pretty like their mom. Were those pics of a couple of moose as well?

Hello to Kempy, Cal, Cherie and everyone else. Gotta run. Be back later. :wave:

jbbm
06-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Noelle I hope you made it home in the Ford ;). And you go girl making those fireworks at home :o :lol:!! You have fun watching all the beautiful bikes!!
Well going to get going pretty tired tonight. This pms is wiping me out this month totally. Night all.

Kempyd
06-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Good morning. Sorry I have been MIA. Things at work have been a little shaky so I have been keeping my mind busy with that. I think one of the girls wants to move to another location and bring all of us with her so that the rent on the building will be cheaper. Well, the head lady thinks we are all out to get her now. To top it all off i don't have very many clients right now and that really stinks.

Dips that is so funny. Being close to NO we see trans. everytime we go to the Quarter. Noelle is right some are scary and some are really pretty. Even Joe will say so.

Julie that sounds neat that your neighbor is doing a show in there back yard. It must be a pretty big place. We are going to head down the river Saturday as part of my b-day weekend celebration. I just hope that Joe doens't get me too sick from the festivities on Firday.

Angie I loved the kitties too. I wish I could take them all but I don't think they would like the heat down here. It is amazing how all of the animals just sleep so much in the summer. Although, I can't say that I blame them. Do you have any plans for you and the twins B-day?

I need to go get my brother a b-day gift. His is today so I need to run something over to him. And, I need to head to the store. I hope to popo on later.

Hey to Cal and Cherie i hope to be here more to read up on how you guys are doing.

melekalikimaka
06-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Hey girls, how's everyone's hump day Wednesday going? I am keeping busy with the month-end stuff, boring and stressful financials that I need to do. I am so glad to be back in my own vehicle again!!! :dancer: Yesterday afternoon when I was heading home for lunch, I stopped at the bank first. I had to stop for a minute in the truck (my dad's beater) and get my papers together. Well the guy in the next car was pulling out so I had to hurry and and shut the door. I had my regular car keys in my hand when I pushed the lock shut. Right when the door shut I realized I had left the truck keys in the ignition--it was turned off OK but then I couldn't get back in. (what a bonehead!) It's a good thing that I live nearby and my dad was home to bring the spare key. It was a pain though. I probably lock myself out of my car at least twice a year :rolleyes: The truck has a sliding back window but even if they were open, I wouldn't be able to fit through it to get to the keys :lol: I did get home safely even though I worried with every pothole I had to drive over that the front grill would fall off and I would run it over :^:

Michael had swimming again yesterday, I put two layers of supposedly 6-hour 45 SPF waterproof sunscreen on him and he still came home bright red :mad: . No swimming for him next week.

Kempy, the gal that does my hair went through that same scenario twice w/the salon she was at. I hope things don't get too hairy for ya (haha, pun intended I guess) . I hope you're able to find more clients to ease things up. That's the problem with the business you're in eh? If you do a damn good job, they won't have any reason to come back! Have you ever done more flyers? or maybe even a little advertising in a cheap local paper or something. We have something here called the PennySaver paper and you can advertise really cheaply. Hey, I remember your and Angie's b-days are coming up but I didn't find that special "something" that I wanted to get you guys. SO I will be sending you guys something but it's probably not gonna get there by Friday. You can look for it after the long weekend though, OK? You guys going to the beach?

Julie, how ya feeling today? Kids keeping you busy I know.

Hey out there to everyone else. Hope all is well and you're having a great day.

jbbm
06-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Noelle you poor thing locking those keys in the car. I have done it once this year so far. I hope it doesn't happen to us again. It is a real pain. Thanks for asking how I am feeling. Not to good. Bloated and swollen everywhere. Every month seems to get worse. I think I may go back to the doc or his nurse practioner and see what we can do. Okay enough complaining from me.....I hope Michael is feeling better. It seems when we apply sunblock to the kids they still get a little red sometimes. I often let my ds swim with a t-shirt on. That seems to help. It is the back of the neck though. Have a great day!! I bet it will be literally smoother getting there and back.

Kempy I hope you have a wonderful celebration for your birthday and the holiday weekend. Maybe it will de-stress you. I hope things even out for you at work. It has got to be really hard. I wish I could come on down for a treatment. Do you watch Paula Dean on FoodTV?? She is my favorite host on the network. She is such a great southern lady. I love her. I may order one of her cookbooks.

Angie do you and Cal have any set plans....you are meeting this weekend right?? Have fun whatever you do.

Dips are you having a good week?? Sometimes I think it would be easier to lose working out of the house instead of having food in the house all day. Are you doing anything for the holiday this weekend??

Hi Cherie if you are still out there girl. Gotta run now. Going to go eat breakfast. Late one!!

angieME
06-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Hey guys!!! I am sorry I have been so busy lately trying to cook up a storm just incase this weekend pans out and we are busy. It would be nice but I am not counting on it. :lol:

The weather here has been so muggy lately. Let me tell you it is so fun being in a hot kitchen all day and then coming home and walking by my pool to go to another hot kitchen. :lol: We got some bad thunderstorms last night. I hate those things and then it was screwing with the power. Our lights were so dim but not out. I was freaking and then we went to bed and the power went totally out. Jay was worried that he wouldnt wake up on time to deliver so he didnt sleep good at all. I was so damn hot I thought about going outside and swimming in the middle of the night. The power kicked back on just as he was getting ready to leave to deliver so I got to get a couple of hours sleep under ther fan.

We took the twins birthday shopping last weekend just incase it is busy and we decide to open the bakery on Sunday too this week. It was nice. They enjoyed it alot.

Kempy, I have a gift all wrapped sitting on the airhockey table just waiting to get shipped out to you but I havent had time to get it in the mail. I will do it tomorrow I promise. :lol: I want to wish you a Happy Birthday today just incase I get swamped and cant get here tomorrow.

Julie, I am not sure what is up with me and Cal. I havent heard from her. I will more than likely be working everyday this weekend with the holiday and all but I would love to meet her. I just wish I had more time.

jbbm
06-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Hey Angie, nice to see you hun. I will say some prayer and keep my fingers crossed for customers for you. I hope you get some better sleep tonight. We had a storm last night but I did not hear a thing :dizzy:.
Happy Birthday girl if you can't get on tomorrow and see this later. :hb: :gift: :grouphug: :woo:!! Love ya girl and have a good one even though you will be working.
Maybe you can check in this weekend if ya see Cal. Have a great weekend.

Well I am going to get going and clean up dinner around here. Actually we had breakfast for dinner. Eggs, toast, sausage, and pancakes :T.

jbbm
06-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Noelle btw I am watching....notice I said watching :lol: Fittv and Gilad is on. He is one handsome guy, he gets better with age. They just said stay tuned for more of this stud muffin :lol:. Oh and the beach he is on is beautiful, well I should get off my fat @ss and get moving with him. But I don't think I have the energy. Haha....bye for now friends.

jbbm
07-01-2005, 10:32 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEMPY :hb: :hat: :gift: :dance: :grouphug: :woo: :cheers:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
ANGIE :hb: :gift: :hat: :grouphug: :woo: :cheers: :cheer:

I hope both of you have a very special day. Love ya girls

Hello to everyone else out there.
Julie

Kempyd
07-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys!!!

Happy birthday to you too Angie. Look out for an e-mail again this year. I hope that you can put this to good use.

I am going to go back and finish my late breakfast. I'll chat later.

PhotogirlTX
07-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Hey Girls.... I'm back. It's been a rough June, and July isn't looking much better, but I think I should be able to log in everyday now.

Happy Birthday Kempy and Angie! I hope you all have a great weekend.

I haven't read any of the posts.. but I wanted to check in. I'll fill you in later on what has been going on. Needless to say, I have gained 6 pounds this past month from not eating right or exercising. So, I am getting my crap back together.

I've missed you guys.. talk soon.

Cherie

jbbm
07-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Cherie, I was getting worried about you. I missed you. You know what, confession time for me too. I gained this month too. Alot. With both my kids birthdays and mainly and mostly my fault just eating junk. We will get back into the groove of things. Sorry last month was so rough on you. I will hope for a better month for ya. Talk with you later on!!

Kempyd
07-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Hey I thought I would share what my friend just sent me. She sent me a gift card to Chili's and said to have a few drinks on her and her hubby. The best part is the card said. PS calories don't count on your birthday. YEAH!!!!!! I thought that was cute. I am going to get in the tub so that I can get ready for dinner tonight. Our neighbors are going with Joe and I to dinner tonight and I am ready to eat some junk.

Noelle I meant to tell you the pics of the new addition and Michael are so cute. It is amazing to me how fast he is growing.

angieME
07-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Hey guys!!

Kempy, I got your gift today. Thanks so much. You are awesome. I wished I had gotten myself together to get yours mailed out on time. It is amazing how fast it snuck up this year. :lol: Have fun at your birthday dinner and your friend is right...calories dont count on your birthday. haha

Noelle, I saw the pics of Michael and Lucky and they are both so adorable. They look so cute together and I bet Michael loves him to pieces.

Cherie, I hope things get better for you real soon. You sound so busy. We have missed you too.

Julie, Thanks for the birthday wishes. My kids all went to work with us this morning and my parents and my sister showed up unexpectedly(it is my Mom's birthday today too) Well, Me and Mom were in the kitchen scratching off scratch tickets(Clyde my Moms best friend always gets us cards with tons of scratch tickets in them for gifts) well, I guess my dad had printed up a big picture of me when I was in kindergarden and my Mom wrote...if you see this girl today wish her a happy 33rd Birthday on it. They hung it in the front window of the bakery... the *******s!!! :lol: So Mom makes me go out to the car with her to get pics of the kittens and we come back inside and I didnt notice anything so Jay says.."hey, did you know there is a missing kid around here?" I said no and he said that someone had posted a picture on the window of her. The jerk!!! :lol: so of course it was me. They all think they are so funny.

The kittens are all getting their dark points on their ears except for my girl. Jay figures she is so big and fat that she doesnt have as many cold spots on her as the little ones so she wont change colors as fast. They are siamese and they are always bron pure white because of a gene mutation or something and the coldes parts of their body turn to the colors that they will be after they get out of the belly and into the air. I never knew that until this week. My Meanie(he is 14) is a himilayan and Maine Coon mix and he always gets darker during the winter and we could never figure out why. :lol: Neat to know.

Well, I guess we are going to keep the bakery open on Sunday too(so far anywasy) because today was swamped and we had a hard time getting out to come home and make the donuts. Tomorrow I will probably be there all afternoon as well.

jbbm
07-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Angie that is so funny about the sign, oh my gosh I would have been shocked too. LOL :lol:. Your family sounds fun. Happy Birthday Wishes to your mom too and the twins!! Dh was craving something sweet so I made a white cake with vanilla frosting and we all had a piece. And I put down my fork and sang Happy Birthday to you and Kemp!! I am a little :crazy:huh?? Haha....I had to do it. Just wish we were all together. :grouphug:

Kempy that is so sweet of your friend to send you that card was right calories don't count on your birthday ;). Have a great one hun :grouphug:.
As I told Angie I had some birthday cake for you and I hope you had a piece today too.

Noelle I bet you are so happy to have a long weekend. I hope you don't have to work on Monday. Have fun making those fireworks this weekend :devil:. Dh had a little fireworks show for the kids in the front yard. The neighborhood here sounds like gun shots going off there are so many people blowing up fireworks right now.

Dips, Cherie, and Cal you all too have a great weekend.

Well going to get going. Tired from cooking, I made bbq'ed ribs tonight with homemade candied sweet potatoes and broccoli and corn, plus the cake :o.
Everyone have a great weekend and be SAFE!! Love to ya all.

angieME
07-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Julie, Are fireworks legal in your state? They arent in Maine. we let some off in the gravel pits that we brought back from Florida but that is our secret. Shhhh.... :lol: I am actually glad they arent legalk here though because it sounds pretty noisy for the people who live in states where it is allowed around this time of year.

jbbm
07-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Oh Noelle did you hear "Our" Bo got married to his longtime girlfriend?? Good for him. He seems like such a good guy. I love his song "Inside Your Heaven". I just love it. Okay I will shut up now.

jbbm
07-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Angie I asked Dh and he said you can buy anything, have anything and there are fireworks stands everywhere but you can't caught lighting them. Weird laws, huh?? They don't really enforce the laws here because the cops are too busy. Also it is so damn hot and the grass is so dry. There are warnings because the fire danger is high here right now.

jbbm
07-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Good Night girls!!

angieME
07-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey Guys!!! Cal and her sis just came to the bakery for a visit. She is so nice. I have to go to work now but I wanted to let you know that we did meet up. I will be back later!!

I hope you are all having a nice weekend.

angieME
07-03-2005, 09:09 PM
I am back. Wow what a difference the bakery has been this weekend. We made some damn good money this weekend. I had Brittany on breakfast sandwich duty and Corey ran errands and did dishes for me. :lol: I made 20 pies this morning. It is gonna suck when everyone leaves Monday and it slows back down. :lol:

Cal came up today for a visit. She brought me a beautiful book,a tshirt and some petrified wood. I want to go to Arizona so bad now. It is so beautiful there.

She is so nice you guys. It was so cool to meet someone in person from here. I wasnt even nervous meeting her. She is in person just as nice as she is on here. She got a picture of us that she is going to email me when she gets back and I will post it. We cleverly hid behind the showcase. :lol: I had Ashley stand in front of me. haha I am huge so dont be shocked.

She has proof that maine is boring so she can tell you I am not exagerating when I say I live in the boonies. :lol:

I really think it would be so fun if we could all plan a meet up and actually do it. Just think of the fun we could all have. Wouldnt it be cool if we could do Hawaii...this way Noelle doesnt have to fly anywhere and we could all see Hawaii from a locals standpoint. :lol: We could split a hotel room and just have a fun time hanging out. I would go anywhere though. The Grand Canyon would be fun too....haha

I was so tired after work today. I fell asleep and Jay did all the work and never woke me up. He is so sweet. I love him.

melekalikimaka
07-04-2005, 01:19 AM
Kempy and Angie, sorry I couldn't get online to wish you both a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! My computer is dying a slow death and i'm getting some really bad popups and junk that makes it a pain to get online. Hope you guys had the best birthday's and many more to come. No couting calories this weekend, heck, party the entire weekend!

Hey girls, hope everyone is having a crazy fun weekend. I just got back from that motorcycle rally I told you guys about...it was so cool. We took the car so we just hung out under a tent watching the bands play music and stuff while walking around checking out all the cool bikes. We got Eddie Trotta, Chica, Matt Hotch and Corey Ness to sign Michael's hat. I gotta save it, it's too cool. The sucky thing is is that I had my batteries all charged up and forgot the freakin' camera on the bed! I am so bummed about that. Oh well, there's always next year right? Hopefully they can get the boys from OCC down here. Bikes are getting BIG out here so maybe that'll draw some more big name builders. :crossed:

Angie, that is so cool you met Cal. I agree, she is one cool lady. You are too funny about hiding behind that showcase for the picture taking. Sounds like something I would do. Your family sounds like a bunch of pranksters, but you know they love ya. I wouldn't mind if y'all came down to HI, I'd gladly show you around. Heck, we could all hop on an interisland plane and visit the Big Island to see if the volcano is erupting. Jay would be jealous :lol: I didn't know that about the siamese or himalayan cats and their coloring, that's neat.

Julie, yeah I just heard about Bo getting married to his sweetheart. That's good, he did the right thing--I heard she was pregnant? Can't wait until his album comes out. Lynyrd Skynyrd is playing a gig here at the Marine Corps base tomorrow...it would've been awesome if Bo was there too, yeah, wishful thinking. We bought some fireworks for tomorrow, fireworks are legal here to a certain extent, you have to buy a $25 permit for a limit of 5K firecrackers. You can buy multiple permits to buy more, but of course, that just makes it more expensive. You can buy the type that don't require permits, like those fountain types that make the cool colors but a lot of smoke.

Kempy, enjoy a margarita for me @ Chili's will ya? Are you having your beach weekend now? Have fun wherever you are.

Well girls, I'm beat from too much sun. I think I'll take a nap. Have a safe and fun 4th!

Dips'n'twists
07-05-2005, 08:33 AM
I am soooo tired. I hit thye town last night with my family (My parents, 8 sibs,two aunts, one uncle, and 9 cousins.) We could have had our own parade. My baby cousin turned three on the fourth so we told her that the fireworks on 42nd street were just for her! then we went to broadway and got her a characeture I had a blast but I stayed out way late and I have to go to work early this morning. I feel like a zombie but I refuse to use a sick day.

Angie, you got my wheels turning! A Union of the "weighty issues" crew! That would be awesome. I must admit, though I am not crazy about a long flight to hawaii. I've been on enough plane rides to last the rest of my life. I always wanted to go to hawaii though it was actually the long flight which prevented me from doing it. I don't know...maybe I can work my way up to it.

Good morning to everyone else. I don't have time to write to you all individually but I can't wait to see the pic of Angie and Cal. How exciting! I'm of to work now, have a good one, girls.