Exercise! - Cool Runners #9 June 6 - 12

View Full Version : Cool Runners #9 June 6 - 12

Ilene
06-06-2005, 08:42 AM
New week and looking to be a hot one here!!

No running for me today I'm working legs and biking...

:coach: NEXT !!

Anine -- How was your marathon??

ellenuw
06-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Hot one here, too. I got out early to do my 35 minutes (closer to an hour by the time I walked to my starting point and walked back home) and it was already over 80 by the time I got home.

I need to ask you all a question. Has anyone had any bladder issues when they first started running? I feel like I am going constantly (just about every hour to hour and a half) and not fully emptying. I have been to the doctor 2x and there is no bladder infection. I have an appointment with a urologist in July. It started about 2-3 weeks ago when I hit 5 miles. Thanks

The other thing I need to work on is setting my pace. I keep starting out too fast and getting tired along the way. I am much better on my long runs with a group. Our section coach uses a Garmin Forerunner to keep us on pace. Does anyone else use one of these? I have been looking at the 201.

Only Me
06-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Day off running for me while I recover from yesterday's race. Climbing up and downstairs is a bit uncomfortable today, but not too bad.

Ellen, I use a forerunner 201 most of the time while running. It does help me keep myself slower at the start of a run and stop me from slowing down too much later on. At least, it helps when I pay attention to it. I'd probably get a 301 rather than 201 if I was going to buy one today because I've been reading a lot about heart rate training and have concluded that long runs, at least, should be run at a lower heart rate than I probably do.

NillaWafer
06-06-2005, 10:47 AM
I had a decent weekend. Yesterday I just did my 30 m. walk with 30 min strength training. Today I did my scheduled 10 w/20r/10w. I am noticing that I am starting to build up indurance, I started out running 3 walking 2 during the 20 minutes but am now up to 5 and 2. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will be able to run the entire time.

Ilene: congrats on running in TWFL (I think that is the acronym).

ellen: I have a Garmin Forerunner and I really like it. I too have the problem of pacing myself and it helped me last year while I was training. I also used it to sync with my computer and keep a log of runs. I just wished it had a heart rate monitor built into it. I tend to look like I am wired for life support when I wear my Forerunner, heart rate monitor and iPod.

Ilene
06-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Only Me -- I forgot about your marathon.... Congrats :bravo:

LeanneM83
06-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Hey Runners

I havent run in a few days, as I could feel my knees and hips aching too much...but after a few days break I feel 200% better. I enjoy running so much that I am always cautious of a possible injury...better to take a few days and re-group than push too hard and be unable to run for who knows how long...
Anyone have any serious problems from running?? I sometimes have problems with my left hip getting sore, mostly because I am lactose intolerant and do not get enough calcium, plus being prego three times in less than for years didnt help either...lol... Just wondering what daily "obstacles" others have to overcome to be able to run....just when I start to feel sorry for myself that my hip is annoying me, it is a great relaity check to know it really could be so much worse....well, I am glad it isnt!...lol

Happy Monday runners! I will be running today....I am not too sure if I am #1 trying to do 10km in under 60 minutes or training for a 1/2 marathon....I am sooooo confused!

Leanne

skinnyjeans
06-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Hello Cool runners. Back from vacation. Managed to hit the gym a few times at the hotel but it was just too hot and humid for me outside so I was stuck on the treadmill. Weather here is comfortable now because I am used to HOT. Looking forward to settling back into things. My 1/2 marathon training starts in just over a month so I am going to concentrate on getting my times down until then since I am already at my start mileage.

Only Me- Congrats on your marathon! and Leanne-congrats on meeting your goal time!

Only Me
06-06-2005, 12:42 PM
Lol, thanks all, no marathon for me yet. It was "just" a 10k race, but I ran it in 52:51, so I'm incredibly happy about that!

Leanne, training for a 1/2 will almost certainly reduce your 10k time as well. Long runs, tempo, fartlek, hills, more kms running--all with help you run a 1/2 as well as run a 10k faster. My knees are what lets me know if I've been running too much or too fast or need new shoes. But I've been having less problems lately; I guess I've adjusted to the amount of running I'm currently doing, and I'm being careful about not increasing too much at once. Supposedly you're more prone to injury right after a race too, so good for you for taking it easy the last few days.

Ilene
06-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Leanne -- For me it's knees too but not as bad anymore because I am cautious and I also take Glucosamine and weight train... I always make sure that I work my quads, glutes and hams in the gym to make my ligaments and muscles strong. Plus weight training is good for the bones. Do you weight train? My foot doctor was really surprised that I had no hip, knee or joint problems ''at my age'' :rolleyes:... when I told him I'd been weight training for the last 20 years he said ''That's great, the joints are only as strong as the surrounding ligaments and muscles'' I was happy to hear that...

OnlyMe -- 10K in 52 minutes :eek: that's awesome ... There is no such thing as ''only'' 10K ....

SkinnyJeans -- Welcome back to the swing of things...

DebbieJRT
06-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Way to go, Only Me on the 10K!!

I finished my first 5K this weekend. Finished in 32:49.73 (gun time). My Forerunner caught me going a little bit slower, but either time would be the fastest I've run the distance so far. I really liked the race - it was easier to run when my mind was off the actual running part, if that makes sense. And I didn't walk even one step, which was my personal goal for my first race, so I'm exstatic.

I love my Forerunner 201. I got a good deal on eBay (less than $100 for a new one). I wasn't interested in the heart monitor and didn't think it was worth the big difference in price. Being aware of my pace during the race meant that I didn't start out too fast and I was passing people toward the end.

ellenuw
06-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Great job :bravo: to both Only Me and DebbieJRT!! Racing is a rush all its own, isn;t it? I have a 10K on Sat and am looking forward to it. I have no real time goal in mind - I just want to go and experience the fun.

Keep up the comments on the Forerunner - I am so on the fence. I have a Nike Heart Rate Monitor, so was thinking on the 201. Any thoughts on the 201 vs the 301 would be helpful - guess I can always put my HRM up on ebay if that is the way I go. It is just hard to justify the additional $100 ...

Only Me
06-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Debbie, congratulations on a new record for the 5k!

Ellen, good luck this weekend! 10k is a great distance for racing.

I'm still sore this morning, actually worse than yesterday I think, as I found out while trying to run. I managed about 7k but I was having trouble keeping up a steady pace and my legs didn't enjoy it much, although they were starting to loosen up by the end.

AnneWonders
06-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Debbie, great job on the 5K! Only Me, congrats on your 10K! Ellen, good luck with your 10K this weekend.

I actually think the 10K distance is the most brutal of the distances I've run so far. A marathon hurts of course, but my muscles have never been so sore for so long as after a 10K--its short enough to need/want to push hard the whole way, and long enough to feel it! You gals have my respect.

I've had a rough couple weeks fighting off what the docs now think are probably kidney stones--I had a kidney sonogam yesterday, and will hear about it tomorrow. Unbelievably painful, but at least not dangerous to either me or the baby. I think there is a good chance the #$%& thing has passed now though, so it's back to normal, whatever that is when you're 5-6 months pregnant.

I got out this morning and walked my 2.5 mile running loop. It takes so long to walk it, but I think my running days are officially over until I deliver!

Anne

LeanneM83
06-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Hey Everyone

Wow, it sure does get me pumped and ready to run when I hear about you guys running and making new goals and doing races...very motivational...
Only Me- Congrats on your race, 10km in your time is AWESOME!! Great Job!!

I will weight train starting now a little more than I have been doing...But, with my kiddlets and hubby gone away on and off it is hard to make a schedule and be able to stick to it...

Yesterday I ran 5km OUTSIDE...it was SOOOOOO hot and humid I must have been NUTS...the good thing is, even though it was UNBEARABLE HOT and EXTREMELY windy, I managed to do my 5km in 31 minutes...SO, I am trying to incorporate fartlek and all those hill training AND ALL... BUT, I am finding most programs I have found on the NET HARD to understand....Just wondering if someone can send me their program just so I have a better idea what you do to train for a 1/2 marathon or 10km....

Thanks bunches...Alright, I am off

Leanne

NillaWafer
06-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Still hanging in there with the same routine. I did 10w and 10 run (ran the whole time..yeah!!!) and 10 walk. I wanted to put a little something extra in today so I went to a water aerobics class and had a lot of fun. I would like to work it into my regular exercise schedule.

Debbie: great job on the 5k!

Only Me
06-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Anne, I hope you're feeling back to "normal" this week. Keep walking for now and getting back into running will be much easier later.

I'm coming around to your way of thinking on the 10k. The recovery has been worse than the 1/2. Wednesday and my calves are still sore. I read somewhere than running downhill is tougher on the legs than uphill. And the race I ran was mostly downhill. I like the pushing yourself aspect of the 10k. I like that it lasts less than an hour. I'm not liking the aftermath. Oh well, back to the 1/2 for me, but not until the end of summer.

Leanne, I looked at training schedules on line last winter, and ended up mostly creating my own for the half I did in May. I didn't bother with speed work or intervals since 1. I'd only been running a few months, and 2. I was running outside mostly on hard packed snow, so it didn't seem safe. I was also only running 3x per week because of dh's work schedule and because my knees would get sore. In retrospect, I was a bit underprepared, but I got through the distance despite the crappy weather that day and enjoyed the challenge enough to want to run another.

This time around I'm creating my own schedule again because most programs are far too advanced, or start off far to easily in terms of distance. I like my 16k-20k long runs on Sunday mornings and I don't want to go back to 10k and build up again. So I started with that basis, planning runs from 16-24k between now and the 1/2, then added in race pace runs, hills, intervals, and easy runs (not all every week), so that I'll be running 4-5x per week over the summer, gradually increasing my weekly mileage, and hopefully I'll be better prepared next time. Weather permitting.

MrsDawsondn
06-08-2005, 05:41 PM
It sounds like everyone is doing excellent!!!

ellenwu congrats on your first 5 k this weekend, I pray you the best

Leannem83 Hopefully your schedule can permit weight training to eliminate pain after racing.

Debbierjt woohoo congrats on you 5 k and in 32 minutes that it awesome!! One day I will run a race as soon as I get comfortable in my runs

only me congrats on your 10K that is awesome!!1 hopefully the pain subsides soon and your back to normal again and hitting the pavement.

Ilene the advice you gave me about running one day walking the next is awesome I am not burning myself out which is good. And also incidentally I had a gain last week of 5 lbs but boy could I feel it in my run. That was on monday. I feel much much better today and the running is very easy but walking on the off days really helped man I realize also that walking is much harder than running. I thought it was the other way around. It took another 10 minutes to complete the exact same distance walking than running. I am good though and it sound as if all of you ladies are too. This week I have logged 4.8 miles so I'm happy :D I'll be checking in with more later in the week.

Ilene
06-08-2005, 07:02 PM
MrsD -- Glad the advice helped :D...

Last time I ran was Sunday :o ... So I may go tonight, actually let me rephrase that I WILL go out tonight... I'm kinda in a slump so I will go, so there !! Back later to report TTFN :wave:...

Ilene
06-08-2005, 09:20 PM
MrsD -- Glad the advice helped :D...

Last time I ran was Sunday :o ... So I may go tonight, actually let me rephrase that I WILL go out tonight... I'm kinda in a slump so I will go, so there !! Back later to report TTFN :wave:...
I never went to the gym, by girlfriend popped in and we talked instead, tomorrow's another day!

LeanneM83
06-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Only Me- yes, you are sooo right, I think I am going to take the ideas from the "professionals" and make it fit my life eh?? Thanks, I keep forgetting that what I read is not the be all end all, and that I CAN change things around to fit me and my life...There is a running club here on the base I am thinking of joining just to get me out of my "comfort zone"

Anyways, Happy Wed night everyone!

Leanne

MrsDawsondn
06-09-2005, 07:58 AM
Hi guys just checking in. I have just walked my 1.6 miles today in 26:59. That's a faster time than Tuesday :D The walk was much easier too, I can feel that extra weight coming off because I feel lighter and the workouts are much easier. I never thought I'd be able to actually FEEL a gain before seeing it on the scale. WoW LOL. I think this weekend I am going to get in my car and track a 2 mile walk. I think I need to up my mileage to get used to it. Then next year, I'll be able to run a 5k in no time!

Only Me
06-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Mrs. D, your progress is amazing! Good luck on increasing your distance.

Just under 9k for me this morning. I'd planned 8k, but since I had to get home anyway, I figured I might just as well keep running. Much faster than walking home! My legs are still a bit stiff, but I'm feeling much better and was able to run up the stairs when I got home.

LeanneM83
06-09-2005, 10:02 AM
OMG, last night I went to the gym to run on the treadmill, only b/c I am trying to figure a speed thing out...and I wanted to give myself some "starting" numbers to work from.....I was doing GREAT, I was at 18 minutes, 9.8km/hr just getting ready to go up to 10, and BOOM screen went blank and treadmill STOPPED..........ARG, sooooooooooooo frustrating. SO i jumped on the elliptical and took my frustration out on it...hahaha
This is why I shouldnt run on a treadmill....so anyways last night I decided what my new goal is:

There is a 10km race in Ottawa on October 9th- which is my birthday....so I decided that is how I would like to celebrate turning, oh I dont even want to say it....27....ugh....and I want to finish the race in UNDER 60 minutes....A PERFECT WAY TO CELEBRATE GETTING OLDER...I am thrilled because this will now give new focus to my running....

Happy Thursday everyone!

Leanne :lol:

AnneWonders
06-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Mrs D. you are doing so great!

Leanne, I think the 10K sounds like a great goal and an awesome birthday present for yourself.

Only Me, thanks for the encouragement. I was reading the thread this morning slurping my cereal and seriously thinking of bagging the morning, and then I got inspired and went out for my walk. It took an entire hour to get 2.5 mi. But I did take the dog and she slows it way down, since she is so much work. Time to shower now and head to work.

Ilene, are you running today?

Anne

Ilene
06-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Anne -- YES, a resounding YES I ran today :D... I made it to the gym this morning I only had an hour so I did 30 mins chest/triceps and 25 mins on :tread: It wasn't long but it was something...I'm happy with that...

MrsD -- :high: on the walking/running ... Practice makes perfect, I always say :lol:

Only Me -- It was 31C here today I hope you ran in the morning it was gorgeous here in the AM but by noon it was :hot:

Leanne -- 27, OLD !! What the :censored: are ya talking about girl :rofl: You're so cute !! :devil: Am I the oldest one here, I'm 48? Let's fess up with our ages here, inquiry minds (mainly MOI) want to know!

I'm going to be very busy in the next 7 weeks driving my Dad to Ottawa every day from Monday to Friday for radiation therapy...He has prostate cancer... I won't be the only one driving him but I'll be doing most of the driving I'll somehow have to fit in some running and exercising in there too... It's going to be a very stressful summer me thinks!

Sweater Girl
06-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Hi All,

My running is going well, just trying to outwit the high heat/humidity. I start half-marathon training next week and am working in 15K training right now for the Boilermaker in July. I shall run 3K tonight, 12-13K tomorrow and 7K on Sunday (10K clinic training, I lead the back of the pack!) (don't worry I didn't run yesterday and I won't run Monday)... Should be fun regardless. As for age I am 27 going on 28 and I look (and act:P young for my age :) ).

Leanne: Is that the Fall Colours race? I plan on doing that half-marathon (I've been doing 10Ks for a while now), should be fun. For me it's a week after my birthday.

Ilene: I am sorry to hear your father has prostate cancer. Take care.

MrsD: You'll be at a 5K before you know it!!

Anyway must get back to work! have a good day!

Ali:)
Working on nutrition... too much chocolate yesterday... TOM has been really reaking havok on me this month... I hope to eat well all weekend.

paperclippy
06-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Hello everyone!

Ilene, I'm sorry to hear about your father. My mother recently had radation for breast cancer, so I know how tough it can be.

I started a circuit training class yesterday in an effort to force myself to go work out 5x/week and to get some more strengthening done. We did a lot of lunges and squats, and so I had to cut short my run this morning because my legs were too sore! :lol: It's good though, because I know I'll be building up some muscle.

ellenuw
06-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Mrs D - great job!! I agree, you will be at 5K before you know it.

Leanne - what great b-day present to yourself!

Ilene- *hugs* to you - I know how hard it is now. I lost my Dad in 2002 and spent the last 8 months driving him for treatments and appointments. I am glad we had that time together and I think both he and my Mom got the same feeling, too.

I am getting ready for my 10K tomorrow. It is really hot and humid here now, so I just did my summer buying from Sun Precautions. I find their SPF-protected clothing makes all the difference for me - I highly recommend checking them out. Be careful of the sun - melanoma is no laughing matter.

LeanneM83
06-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Hey Ladies

Ilene, I am sorry to hear about your father too...never easy!

Ali- YEs, the fall colours run...sounds great, and it only involves me carting my 3 kids 1.5 hours away from home to do it!!! My hubby wants to do the half that day.

Oh, my kids are begging to go play in the basement since it is RAINING outside....

Leanne

MrsDawsondn
06-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Hello everyone,

Ilene I'm praying for recovery and remission with your fathers cancer and I am praying for you and your family. Be encouraged sis. Oh yes and BTW I'm 26

ellenwu I wish you all the best on your 10 k tomorrow please let us in on everything once its over with

Paperclippy it sounds like your on your way to some seriously toned legs which are great for running WTG

Sweatergirl I wish you the best on training for the marathon and hopefully you find a running schedule that beats the heat. Nothing worse than running in it whew

wdranne WTG for motivation, doesn't it feel great to know that you got past the starting point and kept going. Keep it up your doing great!!

only me I'm hoping for a speedy recovery since you've been sore all week long.

AS for me I did it yall! I stayed consistent with my running all week and my walk a day/run a day schedule, and it has given me a whopping 8 miles trekked this week :D Tomorrow I will be out up and early so hopefully I can get 2 more miles in and be happy with that

MrsDawsondn
06-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Okay i just hit a milestone this morning guys I did 3 whole miles. I ran 2 miles straight out on a neighborhood loop and I walk/jogged the 3rd mile and I did it all in 39:10 minutes. It would've been faster had I ran that whole 3rd mile but I want to pace myself in running I don't want to burn out too fast on this. I am on top of the world today guys I feel great!! I had a loss as well in my weight so that's always a plus but I'm more happy that i was able to push myself to run that far. I remember looking at people running when i would go walking and I'd say that's gonna be me one day. As soon as I lose this weight I'm gonna be running and chatting with my running buddies, but now I CAN run and I do run, I didn't have to wait until I lost weigt I am doing it now. unfortunately I don't have anyone to run with but I may check out a few running spots in the future and meet and greet one day I dunno but anyhoo hooray for me and thanks you guys so much for your encouragement!

Only Me
06-11-2005, 09:57 AM
5k for me this morning. There was a nice breeze this morning so it didn't feel too hot out there. Of course, I left the house about 6:15. I think I'll be running along the river for my 20k tomorrow morning to hopefully find a breeze again. I don't like heat.

Ilene, it's been cooler here than 31 (although it'll be close to that this afternoon). I pretty much always run first thing in the morning though. I'm out the door by 6:15 on week days and 7:00 on weekends. It's just easier with my kids being so young. This morning I was home at 6:45 and only 1/3 were awake (lucky for dh). And I'm glad to hear you got out to the gym yesterday. I know it must be hectic and difficult with your Dad's treatments, but you'll feel better if you can manage to squeeze in even short workouts. Great stress relief.

Leanne, if 27 is old, I guess I'm way over the hill at the ripe old age of 32.

Ali, nice to hear from you again. Good luck with your 1/2 marathon training. After all the 10ks and training you've done you'll do great. I think you were mentioning before about having trouble balancing weight loss and running more. I definitely have the same problem. It's frustrating because I know I'd run faster if I weighed 5-10lbs less, but I'm starving and lacking in energy if I don't eat enough food to fuel the running. If I try to cut back too much I end up diving into chocolate. It's difficult to find a balance.

Ellen, good luck today with your 10k!

Only Me
06-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Mrs Dawsondn! :cp: :bravo: You posted while I was typing/eating breakfast. 3 miles is a great milestone. Guess you're ready for a 5k already!

LeanneM83
06-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Only me- lol...I am thinking of just saying I am 25 from now on.....hahahaha...My hubby will be 32 in December, I am sure you can imagine all the jokes I say to him...lol...
If they say 50 is the new 40 and 40 is the new 30, does that mean 27 is the new 17??? lol...dont EVER want to be a teen again...hahaha

Good Job running everyone! I am going to run today...not sure how far yet, but I will do it.!!!!!!

Leanne

P.s OMG, my scale loves me today......119.4.......OMG!!! I am SOOOO HAPPY

ellenuw
06-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Hello all. Mrs D - congratulations, you are firmly in 5K territory now! Look at how quickly your body adapted to running and feeling great about yourself!

Only Me - best of luck on your race tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

I did the 10K this morning and finished not lastt, which was my goal. I actually finished in 1:24:38 according to my watch with about a dozen or so people behind me. It was sticky, hot and humid and the sun was reflecting off the office buildings and beating down on us runners. Yikes. It was great training for Las Vegas, I guess, as it will probably be hot, but not humid. It was 75 and 75% humidity when we left the house and 78 with 72% humidity when I got home at 10:30 (love weatherbug!)

The race started at 8, but roads closed at 7 so we got down there about 6:45. I was planning on getting up around 5:30 to give me time to eat and drink some water and let things settle before leaving the house. Unfortunately, my body was up at 3:30 and I never got back to sleep. Do others have this happen, too?

My friend Ann was areal trooper and ran from mile 2 to about 2.5 (water station) with me, waited for me to turn around and head back, filled my water bottle for me at the water station and ran the rest of the way with me, from 4.5 to finish. She also kept calling DH, who was at the finish with camera to keep him appraised of my progress. It was so cool when they announced my name as I crossed the line. I had no idea they did that.

We all showered and changed and went off for breakfast and that Bloody Mary was worth the run!

paperclippy
06-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Great job Mrs D, you're doing better than me already! I guess I need to get my butt in gear to catch up! :lol:

Only Me
06-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Yay Ellen, for finishing "not last" and, more impressively, meeting your goal for the race. I can't imagine racing in that heat. This morning was 70F with about 90% humidity for the second hour of my run, and that was more than painful enough.

Leanne, my husband is a whole 2 months younger than me, and for 2 months every year, I get teased about being older than him.

It was hot and humid yesterday, with some thunderstorms overnight. The last one woke baby and I up, so when it ended just before 7am, I decided I'd better get out there before it was too hot. Which kind of worked. The first hour wasn't too bad, but then it got hotter and more humid quiet quickly. Along with me being pretty tired and have my first period since my 16 month old was born (she's just weaned slowly over the last couple of months), well, lets just say it was not the most pleasant 20k I've ever done. But it was the slowest. Now that I've recovered, had some water, coffee and breakfast of museli with yogurt and frozen berries, I'm feeling glad that I didn't just stay in bed this morning. Around 16km, though, I was thinking that bed would have been the better choice.

MrsDawsondn
06-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Hey guys,

Hi ellenwu I was excited to hear about the race and it sounds like you've accomplished the run even with it being hot and sticky out which is great Kudos!!

Congrats on the scale victory Leannem83 sounds great!!

Paperclippy thanks so much for the compliment! I have actually been training myself to run since September 2004 so it's an advance but it definitely has not been an extreme advance. I started out with the walk/jog program the 8 week program then it started getting cold outside and I stopped running for a while. Then I started going to the Gym and working out on the treadmill and by the time March and april rolled back around I would experiment with running outside but I didn't get serious about it until May so It's actually been a long complicated journey lol So pace yourself and you'll be there in no time.

Only me congrats on getting out there even when you didn't feel like it! that's a great accomplishment. Also I was wondering about that exacct same issue that you were talking about to allie. I know that I am alot bigger than you guys but when I run afterwards I am very hungry and most times I'm pretty consistent with eating clean but sometimes my appetite is out of control and I am on a serious plateau that will not budge for anything. My hubby on the other hand doesn't have to work out half as much as I do and he loses weight with no problems! I may need to consult my doctor about a balanced diet because I have Hypothyroidism and I wonder if that is what's making it so hard for me to lose this 5 lbs that I've been fighting for a month. I guess I'll find out soon enough after my weigh in next saturday