Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 08:03 PM   #1  

Default Losing too fast?

I started WW almost 3 weeks ago, and have been following the plan fairly well, and exercising a lot more. I eat all my daily points, and some of my flex points {normally I eat about 10 of the 35 given}, and don't eat my activity points. If anything, I'm eating more now than before I started WW!

I weighed in my 1st week at 235.4, second week at 233 {during TOM}, and it looks like this week I'm weighing in at 226 or so. I've been walking about 3 miles or so every couple of days, and doing tae bo from time to time as well.

Is this normal to lose this fast?
Old 06-05-2005, 09:38 PM   #2  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi there!

I would not worry WW says in their materials that after 3 weeks on the plan, you should be losing a max of 1% of your current body weight a week, or 2 pounds. If people weigh more than 200 pounds, than the 1% can be bigger

The first 3 weeks are a "settling-in" period, and you are going to lose quite a lot of water weight.

Your 1st week, you lost 2.4 or about 1%. Your 2nd week, you say you will probably lose 7 pounds, but this is after getting over your TOM.

My guess would be that you have lost 2 pounds of fat PLUS 5 pounds of water retention from your period. (Speaking for myself, I always lose about 5 pounds of water after TOM.)

If you find, after Week 3, that you losing more than 1% of your body weight per week, I would say to:

* Definitely stick to eating all your Daily Points, plus...
* Eat all your Flex Points too... plus, if needed...
* Eat all your Activity Points

This is my first week back on WW (was on it 1999-2001.) I am probably going to lose anywhere from 5-6 pounds this first week (not my TOM either.) I am eating my Daily Points plus the Flex and Activity Points. I would not panic if I were you... but if you need to slow it down, try the above

Last edited by BerkshireGrl; 06-05-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Closed Thread