Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2001, 10:37 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thumbs down

Hi everyone

Terri, how old is your son? It's a great idea for him to become aware of his body now, it can only help him in the years to come. You're obviously a good example for him; he's seen how successful you've been. Way to go!
The exercise balls look like fun, however I'm a real klutz, not coordinated at all. I'd probably break my neck on it!

I'm meeting a friend for lunch today; it'll most likely be a choice of chicken, chicken, or chicken. Am I the only person who doesn't like chicken (or any other meat for that matter) in salads? The servers always look at me like I'm nuts when I order the chicken on the side of the otherwise great salads they have on their menus.

Have a great day!

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 05-31-2001 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-31-2001, 01:41 PM   #2  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Believe me, you are not alone. I am a vegetarian. It is a nightmare sometimes being a vegetarian on WW when eating out. Usually the only vegetarian dishes are high fat ones. At least I also eat some fish otherwise I would just give up eating out! A bunch of lettuce and tomatoes just doesn't make a meal. Where I used to live I could at least get vegetarian burgers just about anywhere, but not here. It really is the pits.

Myra
Old 05-31-2001, 02:12 PM   #3  

Thanks Jen. he is 10. He is tall though. Almost my height. I am about 1 in. taller than him. Just measured him this morning. He is 5' 2". He is still loving it because he can have the "FORBIDDEN" food that were soley mine and Brittanys. Of course now I have to buy an extra ww sundae for the "skinny" one Bradley. He feels left out. Wish I felt left out. LOL I watch what he eats too. Can't be to healthy. Have a great day!

Hi Essie, Dianne, Myra, Patti and Joyce.
Terri
Day 4 of OP. YEAH!!!!
Old 05-31-2001, 02:45 PM   #4  

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Well weigh in was not as bad as I thought. I lost .6 lbs. not much but it all adds up. I am planning on sticking to the program a lot closer this week.

Terri - That is really great that you son is doing WW. There is a lady in our group whose son is doing WW with her. He comes to the meetings with her too. I wish that I was taught how to eat right / healthy when I was young. Maybe I would not have the problems I do today.

Jen - I need to do some of that house cleaning too. My husband & I have been working outside so much that the inside has been neglected.

My daughter & her boyfriend are coming over tomorrow to take some more tests for law enforcement on the internet. So I may not be back till Saturday. We'll see...
Oh guess what . .. my daughter got to meet his parents last weekend. Things seem to be moving along really nice between them. My dh & I really like him very much. Time will tell.....

Myra, Zoe, Essie & Diane

Take care,
Joyce
Old 05-31-2001, 02:55 PM   #5  

Joyce,
Congrats! Wonderful job! Doesn't that feel good?
Brittany goes with me. She is 15. She has learned so much. The way I learned to diet was starving because I didn't have to worry until I was about 17. We got to run around outside, all day, when I was little. These kids never got to do this.
That is great with your daughter. What do they do with this law enforcement on the internet? Sounds interesting. Tell her good luck in both aspects.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 05-31-2001, 05:11 PM   #6  

Hello

I feel like I haven't been here in sooo long Enjoying my day off. We went to the chinese buffet for lunch & I haven't been able to stop drinking water since. I guess it's all that sodium huh?

Terri, it's great teaching your kids at a young age how to eat healthy. When I was very young I remember my mom cooking with lard!! YUCK!! Way to go on Day 4

Myra, have you always been a vegetarian? I know a couple who are vegetarians & are so thin. Not that I'm saying all who are veg. are thin but the way they eat they should be much heavier. My nephew tried not eating meat for 2 weeks & loved it. He ate tofu & fish & he's losing weight.

Jen, hope you had a nice time with your friend today. That's pretty much all I eat is chicken & ground turkey, turkey burgers, turkey sausage I'm not too crazy about fish but Pete loves it.

Joyce, congrats on your loss. How old is your daughter?
My son is 30 & still single. He is seeing someone but I never know with him. I wish he would fall in love, get married & give me a grandchild already!

Have a good evening

Hi Dianne
Old 05-31-2001, 05:26 PM   #7  
Lifetimer

I haven't eaten meat now for about six years. It is all how you approach it. Cheese is vegetarian and so is chocolate cake. Actually it is cheese and sweets that are my downfall, but it is so hard to not eat them. Also I am a bulk eater. I really need to watch my portion control. I just bought an electronic food scale and hopefully that will help somewhat with that. Also for the past few days the only sweets I've had were the WW 2 pts. bar and dried fruit. At least they are healthy.

I gave myself a treat today and took a yoga for stress management class in the middle of the day. I'm glad that I did. It put me in a much more positive frame of mind. Unfortunately the teacher is taking the summer off after next week. What a bummer.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Myra
Old 05-31-2001, 06:21 PM   #8  

Thanks so much Essie. Thanks for the congrats!
Lard? I forgot about that stuff. Can you imagine using it now? UGH! There are so many things we used back then that is so gross now.
Good luck on your grandchild quest. He will meet the love of his life, right now he is just choosy. He sounds like a great boy.

Hi everyone!
Terri
Old 05-31-2001, 09:27 PM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default TGIF tomorrow!!!!!

Hi y'all

This week flew by!! Thank goodness! But why does a shorter week seem longer????

My chest cold is better but not 100% gone. I'm home alone, Greg is out of town on a business trip from this morning until Saturday afternoon. The bad thing is that he'll be away for his b'day on Friday. He's with one of his salesmen but I say BIG DEAL. (he doesn't care, he says)

Jen ~ I'm with you too on the recommitment. I was so good for 9 or 10 days and then, BAM! my birthday came and I've been bad ever since, spinning out of control. Hey, I think that gardening and housework is DEFINITELY exercise. :

Terri ~ glad you guys had fun at NASA. I love it there.

Myra ~ 6 yrs without meat.....Greg hasn't had meat for .....let's see.....it was 4 yrs January 1st. He does eat some, like chicken so he's not a true vegetarian but he hasn't had beef in all that time.

Joyce and Dianne ~ WTG on your losses. Any amount of a loss is a loss is a loss is a loss....right??

Essie ~ hello to you too.

did I miss anyone?? If I did, I'm so sorry....my eyes won't stay open....have a wonderful Friday

Last edited by Zoe; 05-31-2001 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-31-2001, 09:55 PM   #10  

Hi thought I'd say hello again.

Patti - I'm glad to hear your chest cold is gone.

Myra - The yoga for stress management sounds interesting. Is it exercise as well? What does it entail.?

Diane / Terri - My daughter is only 20 and her boyfriend is 24. She was an only child and is very mature for 20 since she was raised mostly around adults. The law enforcement courses are required continuing education for Brendon. He is a sheriff deputy, feild training officer, trained in swat & sniper. So he has to keep up with the latest information. Kristen is a 911 dispatcher and has a goal of becoming an officer, so she takes the lessons along with Brendon to get familiar with the tests etc.

Well we worked outside again all day today. I picked some corn, squash & bell peppers today. Made a recipe tonight from WW Simply the Best cookbook Shrimp & Vegetable Creole. Served with rice and a salad. It was fantastic.

Everyone have a great evening.
Joyce
Old 06-01-2001, 01:17 AM   #11  

Patti,
Glad you feel better. Do you go to the Johnson Space Center? My husband has to go there sometimes.

Joyce,
WOW!!!! That is something. She sounds so mature.
Good luck to her. He sounds like a good catch too.

Hi everyone.
Terri
Old 06-01-2001, 05:07 AM   #12  
Lifetimer

The yoga for stress management is a great class. It is mainly deep relaxation and meditation but it does include asanas (postures) as well, but they are the ones that promote relaxation and are held for a while as opposed to some other yoga classes where you link the asanas with your breath. You definitely don't earn any activity point with this one but you come out so peaceful and in control of your life. I would definitely recommend it if you have anything like it near you.

Myra
Old 06-01-2001, 11:34 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Joyce, at least you lost. That's good. Your daughter sounds like she's got a good head on her shoulders...mature at her age, and has a good job; congrats to you for raising her right! I can't wait to start harvesting veggies...which won't be till late July here in Illinois.

Myra, you're psychic, right? LOL You could have been describing me: cheese, sweets and a bulk eater. The scale will definitely be a help to you. I've been trying to stick w/fruit instead of sweets; it's hard when the guys want ice cream!

Patti, Happy Birthday to Greg Let's get back OP, our birthdays are definitely over!

Essie, Terri, Dianne, HI

Enjoy your Friday everyone!
~Jen
Old 06-01-2001, 03:21 PM   #14  

Hello my buds

Jen - so what did you have for lunch with your friend, the chicken, or the chicken or the chicken, LOL!! I know what you mean, I eat lots of chicken - but I love it.

Joyce - congrats on the .6 loss - a loss, is a loss, is a loss, like Patti/Zoe always says!

Myra - my daughter does yoga and she loves it -- I just like to watch, lol.

Essie - ewwwwwwwww - I forgot all about that lard stuff - YUK, can't imagine eating anything cooked with that now, you??? Glad you enjoyed your days off.

Terri - Good for you teaching your kids at young ages not to eat like we did. They'll thank you for it later!

Patti/Zoe - glad you are feeling better. Let's all get back on track!

Anita - Hi, hope you are doing well, stop in and say hi!

Well, the nite has finally arrived - PROM NITE! Alana's all set and ready, got the hair, nails and toes done up today. Got the boy's buttonaire (sp?), etc. Boy, will I breathe a sigh of relief when she gets into that limo -- but it will only be a rapid sigh, since then I have to worry about the rest of the night! LOL. Hope it doesn't rain until she gets the pictures taken and steps into the limo!

Talk to you all soon.

Dianne
Old 06-01-2001, 05:58 PM   #15  

Hello My Friends

The weekend is here & I've been enjoying my second day off. I really needed it. It's been very hectic at my workplace. I spent time with my sister today. She seems to be much better. (Not drinking) Her court date is June 26th. I'll have to take that day off to go with her. She cried, apologized for putting her family & children thru so much & of course she got me all teary eyed. Her car is parked in the front of her house all smashed up. They really need to get rid of it.

Dianne, Alana's big night (sigh). I wish we could see pictures. I bet she looks beautiful. I don't think it's going to rain till way later. I think about the lard & it grosses me out! My Mom useto deep fry chicken in that stuff!! And I wonder why I have high cholesterol

Myra, that yoga class sounds great. Peace of mind - I'm all for it.

Joyce, my son is an only child. He's always been very close to my nephew who is 2 yrs. older than him. They look alike & talk alike. They're more like brothers. Sometimes I wish I would have had another child. I guess it wasn't meant to be. Shrimp & vegetable creole sounds very good. Yum!

Zoe, how's it going girl? Home alone is great sometimes. Happy Birthday to Greg! When he gets home are you doing anything special? Are you going to WW meetings? I missed 2 weeks I always do this. I can't seem to find the time. From work I go straight to the gym & by the time I leave there I just want to come home shower, eat & watch my soaps.

Terri, thanks for saying David is a good boy. He really is. The dentist's wife asked me was he always so good & so polite & passive. That he's such a decent young man. I loved hearing her say that. That's my baby.
How's our girl Brittany? I hope she's much better.

I just rented a movie called the Map of the World with Sigourney Weaver. I'm signing off to go watch it.

Have a good evening everyone

Love,
Essie

Last edited by livingfit426; 06-01-2001 at 06:05 PM.
Closed Thread