Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#37)

Sherry
06-05-2005, 01:32 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/angel6

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
06-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Congrats Gayle!!! Wow...down 23 lbs!!!!! :cp: WTG!! I'm so proud of you!!! Maybe I need to get some Geritol too!! :lol:

How is everyone? I sure wish the other Floozies would come back & join us. I do miss you all! :grouphug:

I found a car. Now we have to wait for them to do a credit check and see if they can get our payments to what we want. It's a '04 Grand Prix. It only has 32,000 miles. It's sharp! We looked at so many cars and I kept coming back to this one. So it must be meant for me to have this car. Keep you fingers crossed! :crossed:

Well better get busy on this house. Have a great day!! :beach: (It's so HOT here!!) Stay cool!

ShelleyM
06-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Sherry-I'm crossing my fingers for you!

gdeann
06-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Sherry, any luck with the new car??? Wishing you the best!!!!

Shelley, are you feeling better today???

We had a couple of new people join us on the exercise thread. Nice to see Cheryl there too!!!

I hope all is well with everyone, wishing you all a blessed day!

Love, Gayle

Sherry
06-06-2005, 04:26 PM

I just got my CAR!!!!!!!!!! :cp: It's the one I wanted too!! It's a black 2004 Grand Prix! I love it!! I'm so excited because I have NEVER had a car this nice or this new! I don't like the payments but hopefully I'll get use to it soon. :lol:
(I think I deserve to brag...don't you? :D )

Gotta run over to the exercise board and see who is new!!

Bye!

Deelite
06-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Sherry that sounds like an awesome car. I hope that you get it. I can't imagine it being hot today. We went to the baseball game sunday and I put on my winter jacket because it was so damp from all the rain. And yes we got rain on. I get chilled so fast because of not feeling well. By the way I have been thinking of Wayne and keep forgetting to ask you how he is. Is he feeling much better, now?

Shelley thanks for filling me in on who Geritol is. It isn't something that we have here. You bursted my bubble. ;-) I thought that he was the cause of Gayle's great weight loss.

Gayle congratulations on the weightloss. You are doing great. Going for a grand slam, are you? If you don't mind me askining what motivated you to lose?

Saturday was another dreary rainny day that we knew that we wouldn't do any yard work so we ran away from home. We up and left without telling anyone where we went. We started off going out for a big breakfast and then we headed out on a road trip down to the states. Did any of you have the feeling that I was closer to you? lol We did some shopping and went out for dinner and were home before the stroke of midnight. It was a good day. We had a fun time. I wish that we could have kept driving and popped in to see each one of you. What a surprise that would have been. I would just come knocking on your door and say it is the Fiesty Canadian Chickie here open up or I will blow your house down.......would you have let me in?

We just tried to make the best out of our rainny weekend. Sunday evening after the ball game and going out for dinner we went to the movies to see The Interpeter. I really enjoyed it.

Hope all is well.

DEE

gdeann
06-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Dee, being fat was my motivator. I'm tired of feeling fat, looking fat and feeling old & yucky. My body feels the extra weight and it's time to lose. Also finally realizing I had horrible eating & exercise habits...I never realized how important it is to take care of your heart until just a few months ago with mom's heart attack. BTW: I did not see one overweight nurse working in the cardio care unit mom was in but once she moved out of that unit into rehabilitation, almost every nurse had a weight problem. It kinda tells you something...

Spent last night at the ER with the FIL. He has chronic enphasema (sp??) and is on oxygen. He couldn't breath or catch any air. He has the big P, they found a few spots in his lungs.

My oldest is ill with sinus infection and Steve is fighting his asthma, so todays schedule:

Mom: Cardio therapy at 10:00 out at 12:00
Liz doctor appointment 2:15
Steve doctor appointment 2:30
In between appointments, medicate and cook meals for my mother.

Going to try having a BD party for Steve tonight at his folks house if FIL isn't in the hospital... we sure are a healthy group around here! LOL!

gdeann
06-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Sherry, enjoy the new car! It is well deserved!!!!!

Dee, I would of let you in my house as long as you didn't do the white glove test around here! LOL!

MichelleLynn
06-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Yesterday was the first day of trying to be healthier. I lost about 30 lbs last year with WW and then gained 26 lbs back (Somehow, the fact that I didn't gain extra makes me feel a weeee bit better ;) ) So today is day 2. Yesterday I focused on good choices food wise, drinking water and meant to exercise but didn't. Today, I will focus on food choices, drinking water and will really exercise!! My BF has a great workout facility at his apartment and goes every night, I just need to make a new habit to go with him!!

I hope this is an appropriate place to post this, and hope to not bore you too too much. I could really use some support for accountability and to boost me up :) I think what worked before with WW was the accountability, but right now I don't have the extra $$ to pay for that. I know what to do, it's about just doing it!!

Deelite
06-07-2005, 06:05 PM
MichelleLynn you have had a good plan, just need to implement it. I know that you can do it. We are all here for you and standing beside and behind you if you need a little shove. You can post what ever you feel like here. Did you exercise today?

Gayle that is a busy schedule. Your right taking a look around in the cardio ward and checking out the nurses. They know best. Sometimes it takes drastic measures for us to make changes. By the way how is Allison doing with everything that is going on? Is she scared for her Grandma or jealous that her mommy is so busy? Give her a big hug for me. What day is Steve's birthday? How old is? I hope that you get together with his family tonight. Emphasema is a tough disease. I see my mom and Larry's step dad suffer from it. Fortunately mom is not on oxygen but SFIL is. Never mind the white glove test I would put on the rubber gloves and give you a hand with everything. I feel for you. xoxox

Dee

coles
06-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Hello Floozies,
Well the battle of the bulge is still on. I have finally gotten on the right medication for my thyroid. It needs to be tested again in a month, but I feel better. I am so tired of going up and down with my weight. I have been on program for four days now without cheating. Dee, please don't send that rain my way. I have been living in the pool this past week. They weather has been fabulous. Love that sunshine, makes you feel alive. Sherry - congratulations on the new car. Take care all
Janice

Sherry
06-07-2005, 10:11 PM

Today has been a very busy day for me!! I left here at 9:15 (in my new car! :D ) to take my MIL to her doctor appointment, left there and we went to lunch. By the time I got home it was 1:30. I layed in my next door neighbors pool for 2 hours then did my yard work!

I feel like I have had a work-out today! My MIL walks with a walker now, almost blind from being a diabetic & her legs & feet stay swollen all the time. It takes 30 minutes just to get her in the car and get a seat belt on her. She walks so slow on the walker I didn't think we would ever get anywhere. I know I sound aweful saying all this but I DO love her I just feel so sorry for her. Her health has really gone down hill. Gayle....Know what I'm talking about???

Janice...So good to see a post from you!!!! Congrats on 4 days staying OP! :cp: I'm so glad you're on the right medication and you can finally start working on your goal weight!! Don't leave us again!

Dee...I would have LOVED to open my door and see you standing there!!! OMG! I wish that would come true! Keep all that ugly rain there! But hey...do you want all this humitity???? It's so hot & muggy here! I told Wayne if it gets any hotter we would have to start doing our yard work at midnight and use flashlights!!! :lol:

Gayle....You had one busy day!!!! SLOW DOWN GIRL!! Remember you used to tell me that!!! How did everyone's appt's go? I bet you're one tired lady tonight! Tell Steve HAPPY BIRTHDAY! How young is he?

Michelle...I love WW but can't stay on it anymore because of my hiatal hernia. Something that I eat..or don't eat upsets it & it flares up. Right now I'm trying to stay active and watch the amounts I consume. So far I haven't been doing bad. Just really trying to make good choices. I'm glad you found your way over here & post with us! :D

Shelley.... It's been a few days since you've posted over here. You ok? How is work going? Do you like it better in the summer when the kids are gone? When you answered my question the other day, I had forgotten that you were 12 months. I'm soooo glad I'm not! I sure enjoy the 3 summer months! Plus get a check!!

Where is everyone else?????? PLEASE post soon!! We need all of our Floozies back!!!!!!

Hugs.... :crazy:

Sherry
06-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Oh I forgot to tell you......

I won't be posting much Thurday,Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I'll be working FanFair and I know I'll be beat!!! :faint: But I will check-in when I'm not resting!!

gdeann
06-07-2005, 11:58 PM
Hi girls!

Welcome back Janice!

Michelle, feel free to post here...I'll try to make the others behave and be nice to you. LOL! Actually, this is a wonderful group of caring women ready to offer support at a drop of a hat.

We made ALL of the appointments today, Liz has a sinus infection ~~ Steve has pneumonia and is now using medication and a nebulizer which we rented. Mom is doing fair, still short of breath, we will find out about the fluid buildup on Tuesday. I told the doctor today, I'm ready to sit a tent up outside the clinic for as often as I'm there as of late. The cause of concern at the moment is my FIL, he has always been small but he is down to 105 pounds and very sick with chronic lung disease. They diagnosed him with pneumonia last night, today he is having the dry heaves and will not eat or drink. I have a feeling he may end up in the hospital tomorrow. We were to go to their house to celebrate Steves birthday (today) but we chose to not celebrate and get my FIL worked up. Steve and I dropped by tonight, he is not looking very good and is staying on oxygen full time. I swear I am aging daily from the stress!

Dee, Allison is doing ok with everything, we schedule special time together. Every since she was born she has been exposed to breathing nebulizers, oxegen and concentrators so she really see's nothing unusual about it. In fact, she thinks it's normal to have grandparents using the stuff. She thinks it's cool that both grandparents let her operate the machines when she is at their house.

Sher, Steve is a young pup of 35!!! I'm 42 and robbed the cradle. I prefer it this way, I get to train him plus have my own personal toy boy!! LOL! No if only he could breath so I could try some of that Geritol out! LOL!

ShelleyM
06-08-2005, 06:12 AM
Gayle-You tire me out just reading everything you are having to do in a day. I assume your walking is why your mom is at therapy.

Janice-Good to hear from you! I hope your medication works out this time. Good for you being OP for a few days.

Michelle-You can talk all you want over here. This hasn't been a real busy place in the last month or 2, but there are times when we tell all everyday the entire day! I am on WW and love it. I do WW online exclusively. I hate meetings, but I do need the accountibility of the online. I tried to stop online for a week, and was afraid my weight would creep back up, so I rejoined. I am on maintenance, and I go up and down 2 lbs from week to week.

Sherry-I love it without the kids and teachers at school! I can get so much done. Today, there will be just me and the secretary because the principal is going to a meeting. The 10 1/2 month people have their last day this coming Monday. Then it will be just me, the secretary, and the principal. The sec and principal are going on vacation soon though, and it will be just me and the custodians. How awesome is that?

Dee-How are you feeling? I noticed you walk or swam 30 miles. You are such an inspiration to everyone. We are getting big rainstorms here is Fl also, so I feel you weather pain! The only difference is that the high is still in the 90's here.

4myloves
06-08-2005, 11:55 AM
First, Welcome Michelle! Good to have ya here!

Shelley--I'll bet you're so glad it's SUMMER! Even though you're still at work, things have to be a bit slower, right?

Dee--Send ALL of that rain MY WAY!!! Our farmers are really having it tough this year! A lot of them haven't been able to plant yet (and it's kinda getting late) and the ones who have already planted are having to water almost daily because it's so DRY!

Sherry--congrats on the new car! Sounds slick--don't get any speeding tickets :) I hope you have fun working fan fair.

Ramona--how's my fellow Arkie? I'm sure you're stressed, too, with work and family issues. I hope things are better on the family front. I may be down your way soon. Stewart wants to go camping during the 4th of July week and I suggested the Russelville/Danville area. It's so beautiful there! He wants to go to the Buffalo River, though, and maybe float. We'll see! He has an Uncle and Aunt in Russelville, so that'd be a free night's stay (in a house. with a shower. :) ).

Gayle--I feel for you with all those doctors appointments. So far this year I've only been once, and that wasn't because I was sick--just sick of being so darned fat! I went around a month ago and got a prescription for Xenical. I've just really started "dieting" again this week. Since I've moved back home my mom has been walking with me. She helps keep me at it! I was so tired last night that I had just about decided not to go when, at eight o'clock, the phone rang and she was like, "Are we not walking tonight?" Of course I went.

My mom needs to walk. She's been really stressed out lately because my oldest sis has moved back in with them. My sister has been in a very unhealthy marriage for, well, ever (18 years). She has totally taken care of her family, including my BIL, who is a recovering alcoholic and has very severe mood swings (almost to the point of being bi-polar). My sister is the one who has always held the jobs that have paid the rent, put food on the table, etc. Now, my sister is having a hard time (it doesn't help that she is very overweight and has no self-esteem) and instead of helping her the way she helped them, her family has pretty much abandoned her. The bad thing is, there's no way for US to help her because she's hurting so bad. She feels used, and I can't really say that I blame her.
Even though my BIL has filed for divorce, my 17-yr-old niece (who'll be 18 next month) keeps calling my sister wanting to know when she's going to get a job again so she can give them money again. It makes me sick! My sis is so emotionally distraught right now that she can't even go through one day w/o breaking down and crying. Sigh.

Anyway, you all can see why I haven't been posting lately, just too much stress to share. It makes me feel bad when I come and blow off steam to y'all.

Hello to Janice, Vicky (if you ever lurk) and Carol. If I have forgotten to mention anyone, I am truly sorry! I'm just on a break at work and wanted to stop by.

ShelleyM
06-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Cheryl-Has your sister ever gone to Alanon? I might help her think more about being good to herself and not being everyone else's mother. I really feel for her. Tell her that she is invited to the Floozies at anytime! Wouldn't it be great if you could meet up with Ramona for awhile? That would be so exciting for you to meet each other.

gdeann
06-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Cheryl, will your sister join in on the walks? Exercise can be a stress reducer and maybe it will make her feel better to chat with you & your mom while walking. Also, how about taking her for a new hairstyle and makeup? If she can look better, maybe she will start to feel better about herself. I went thru **** in a destructive marriage until I had the strength to pull away, it was the best decision I ever made. Thank goodness she has made the most difficult step, now if she will only stay away and continue to focus on herself. When her kids call, she needs to stand up for herself and tell them she is going to stop supporting them and work on supporting herself. Please tell her I kinda know what she is going through and even when things get as dark as you think they can get, there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. I applaud her for having the strength to say "enough is enough". She is welcome here anytime.

4myloves
06-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Shelley and Gayle,

Both Mom and I have invited Carla (my sis) to walk with us, but she is not interested. She has been walking with her 11-y-o DD, who is the only one who would leave the "city" and come to live with her in the country. I've never thought of suggesting Alanon to her. That might help. Thank you for that suggestion. As far as the make-up and hair-do, I have thought of asking her to do a "spa day" with me, including hair, nails, etc., but right now with the move and all I can't afford it.

On a brighter note, since I've moved back home, Stewart has been a real gem! A couple of nights he's even cooked supper for me! He's helping with the laundry and, so far, he's been really patient with me wanting to spend time with my family. Him being so great (knock on wood) coupled with being able to walk with Mom at night has made being home so much better than I was expecting! Plus, I've enrolled in two classes next Fall to pick up working on my Master's Degree again! :)

ShelleyM
06-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Did I tell you girls that Mike told me that he can't work all these hours and worry about dinner?????? Well, I told him that he had better get something that I can put in the oven and press the bake button. Patty made dinner last night-scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, toast. Mike tried to tell her how to scramble the eggs correctly and she said that he wasn't making dinner, and she knows how! He told her that he didn't mean all the time. Anyway, tonight Becky called and asked what we are having and I said that nobody took anything out for dinner. Well, she was upset with me because I didn't take anything out. So I quickly thawed a couple of pork steaks and put some potatoes in the oven and we will have mixed veggies also. Mike said he would put the pork in to bake, but I told him that I was broiling them and that I would do it!! I guess I am going to be forced to learn how to cook. I don't have to enjoy, though! Anyway, thought I would let you all know that I am no longer the lucky one whose husband does the cooking. We'll see how long this lasts. If he complains, then he'll have to start again!

gdeann
06-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Shelley, toss a roast in the crockpot and cut up some veggies, toss on top, season with whatever you can find. I usually use a small package of lowfat onion soup mix powder...sprinkle this on top of the veggies and meat, add about 1/2 to 1 cup water, just enough to moisten the powder and then walk out the door. Your dinner will be ready when you get home. Take the broth if you want, place in a saucepan and once boiling, stir in a sauce made of a small amount of cornstarch and cold water. You now have a seasoned roast, veggies and gravy. I buy a large package of frozen chicken tenderloins, crockpot once again, when done, I cool and dice the meat, I can then use the meat for several dishes such as salads, chicken taco's etc. I like to dice the chicken, then toss in a sprayed skillet, add season salt and lightly saute just long enough to turn the chicken golden brown, I then make each of us a large plate of mixed lettuce, brocolli, tomato etc. and add a serving of the chicken in the center. It's a nice refreshing and filling salad for summer. My family has learned to love salads and sandwiches!! LOL!

Cheryl, maybe you, your mom, your sister and her daughter could have a "girls night" or spend the day together. Go out to a movie and then go back home and give each other manicures and facials. Stewart sounds like he is really happy to have you back home!!!!

bootwoman
06-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Helloooooooooo, can I come over and play????!!!!

Sorry to be gone so long, just way too many excuses have made it way too easy not to post.

First, welcome to Michelle and anyone else I may not have welcomed. I hope you will always enjoy posting here and feel you can come to us with anything that you need help with.

Sherry, congrats on the new car! I bet you look like one sexy momma. Hum, I could be a little partial since I drive a black Grand Prix also!!! hahaha Anyway, ENJOY!

Shelley, I guess I didn't realize that you didn't like to cook. I don't mind this time of year because we have a huge garden full of fresh veggies and I just pop fresh squash, new potatoes, broccolli, etc. into the steamer and sometimes grill a steak or chicken to go with it. Slice up some tomatoes, cucumbers and Vidallia onions...yum, yum!

Cheryl, it would be so great if you and Stewart came here over the 4th. We will be home and I would love to meet you somewhere, even if it were just for a quick hello! If you decide to float the Buffalo, you better call first. My son went last week and it is pretty low. If we don't get quite a bit of rain, you will end up carrying the canoe instead of floating! Please let me know if you decide to come this way. I wonder if I know Stewart's aunt and uncle???

Dee, how is Dez? I was reading about her condition. It sounds so very painful! I'm glad you were able to go on a nice weekend holiday. You are such an adventuress!!

Debbie, how are things going with you? How is James doing? I hope you are having a nice summer!

Gayle, you are doing such a fantastic job in the weightloss game!! I am so proud of you! Maybe I missed the post, but what are you doing to get such fantastic results?
I'm so sorry that you are having to take care of so many sick people all by yourself. I know you must be absolutely worn out. I pray that you will be blessed with some respite soon and that you can find some much needed YOU time. Love you!

Janice, so good to see you post again. I hope you reach all of your goals!

Well, I didn't have a blood clot in my leg, however, the veins in that leg are basically collapsing. The doctor says it is due to my being crushed by a vehicle several years ago. Eventually it will mean surgery to "strip" the veins. Until then, it is support bandages to force the swelling down and an order to lose weight. Well, you can guess what has happened. As soon as I heard that I immediately began to eat everything within reach. I don't know what is wrong with my psyche. My mentality is all screwed up when it comes to weighloss and my health. I really need your support and suggestions. I had hoped to walk at lunchtime this week, but I've been working on a sexual abuse case all week and I haven't had a spare minute. I've been eating in my office, which is terrible. Also, my warrants clerk is quitting and the replacement, who is supposed to be training, is not working out very well at all. That has me totally stressed out because it could jepordize our rights to maintain a national crime information center terminal. Without that, I'm dead in the water. I can't run any criminal histories or even get a DL photo, which I have to have for investigative purposes.

We are having an estate sale this Friday and Saturday of all of my mother's things. I've been carefully packing French Limoges china and and other priceless antiques for the past three weeks. It is all going to be moved tomorrow to a building downtown. I hope that we have a good group of antique dealers, who will appreciate the items that we have for sale. My dad is getting married in three weeks.

Rick is still having a very, very hard time accepting his brother's death. He goes to the cemetery every day and seems to dwell on it every waking minute. I'm really worried about him, and I don't know what to do to make it better. I know it has only been a month, but I thought he would be a little better by now.

Okay, that is pretty much my life since I've been AWOL. To all the other Floozies, I hope you are having a wonderful summer and that the angel of peace and happiness is surrounding you with loving arms. Take care everyone!

gdeann
06-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Ramona, so nice to hear from you! I think of you often!! I hope the sale goes well... I know this is very hard for you, but I also know you love your father and you want to see him happy.
Our Hospice here offers berevement sessions and a monthy luncheon for anyone who has suffered a loss regardless if the person was a Hospice client. Maybe Rick might enjoy attending a session or two to try and sort out his feelings of losing his brother. I pray he soon finds peace.

My FIL suffers from chronic Emphysema and it is taking a serious toll on him. We now have two parents requiring more care then we expected. I am so happy we chose not to move!! Mom seems to be getting better, just in time for dear FIL to start suffering more. I'm finding it very hard to fit my walks in...

Have a great day!!

ShelleyM
06-10-2005, 05:56 AM
Thanks, ladies for the suggestions. Patty made tacos last night. It's hard because I eat differently from the rest of the family, and Mike always prepares separate side stuff for me. He and Patty will eat all foods, Becky and I are more careful. I'm going to try the crockpot thing.

Ramona-Now that the dr. has ordered you to lose some weight, it should be easier. I know if I am told to do something, I will do it. I'm surprised that if your veins are bad that you can walk as an exercise, though. Does the dr think that's okay to do? I hope the estate sale goes well. Also, remember your dad is doing what makes him happy. You just have to pretend that you are happy for him.

gdeann
06-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Shelley, I feel like all I do in my "free time" is cook!!!! Mom follows a low calorie-low fat/no sodium/heart healthy diet which I still need to be careful...I can't used canned stuff like veggies unless I get the no salt added kind. I'm use to using ketchup, mustard etc. to season my food because it's low calorie, but I can't use that stuff in mom's meals because of the sodium. So....... I prepare her meal, then mine, then the rest of the family!!! I do sometimes prepare the same thing for all of us, but my family is very picky and will not eat certain "good for you" foods such as rice etc. I wish we had enough money to hire a cook and maid! Heaven!!!

Deelite
06-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Hi Ladies

I am just checking in to let you know that I am still around. It is nice to see so much action here. I have been in bed since my physio on tuesday. My back has been really bad. Thank goodness it is abit better today. I got up and did my swimming today dispite how painful it was. Sorry I can't reply back to each one of you but I can't sit. Time to lie down again. As soon as I am up to it again I will post.

bootwoman
06-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Gayle, thanks for the suggestion, I will mention it to Rick. I hope you can get some rest this weekend!

Shelley, my doctor didn't tell me to walk. In fact, I find it very difficult these days because my leg swells even worse and it starts going numb. I'm just not sure what I'm going to do.

The sale went pretty well today. We cleared about 4,000 dollars. Everything was priced at dealer prices rather than wholesale, so the people really got good deals. Tomorrow we will mark everything down, except for a few selected pieces that are too valuable to let go that low. I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.

I'm going to hop into bed now. Good night all...

bootwoman
06-10-2005, 11:11 PM
You can tell I'm tired! I meant everything was priced at dealer prices instead of RETAIL, not wholesale!

gdeann
06-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Good luck with the sale Ramona!!!

Where is our dear Shelley??? Watching the cooking channel???? LOL! Just had to say it Shelley!

Sher, are you enjoying the new car???

Dee, I hope you feel better soon... hopefully they can do something so you are not in chronic pain and discomfort.

Cheryl, great job on the walking!

I am down more pounds this week!!! I had 3 weeks of only losing a pound a week, this week I dropped 4!!!!! No secret here to losing, just journaling (a must!) watching calories and trying to get movement in throughout the day. I'm even having 1 cup of light ice cream each night. I only hope I can continue at a decent pace...

Wishing all my Floozie friends a great weekend!!!!

ShelleyM
06-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Gayle-That is awesome! I had to run in water on the streets this morning. Our driveway is under 6 inches of water, and the subdivision we live in has streets part way under water. I had to dodge the snakes and the fish, not to mention the cars splashing by. I really needed to go 10, but only made 7. If it doesn't rain today, it might be better tomorrow.

Deelite
06-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Way to go Gayle. You are doing great, you sure have lost a lot of weight. I too find journaling makes me accountable.

Shelley I really didn't send the rain and floods your way. We are having floods in the country but fortunately not here. It rainned everyday for the last month. Today we seen the sun for the first time in a few weeks. It now looks like it is going to rain.

Ramona your sale has gone well. Your Mother sure must have had a lot of nice things. It is too bad that your taste is not the same. I hope that you get some well deserved rest after this.

Sorry that I didn't reply with comments to everything that is happenning....like Shelley having to cook, Ramona's Dad getting married, Sherry and her time off work, etc
I just can't sit long but know that I am thinking of each one of you and your daily troubles or joys.

One quick story that I want to tell you all. A couple of weeks ago I weighed myself (which I do every week or two) I was up three pounds since I weighed myself last. I couldn't believe it because I had been journaling and trying to be careful. I figured I must have gainned weight from the muscle I built from swimming. I don't look like I gainned muscle mass or do I feel like I gainned weight. Well I weighed myself yesterday and I stilled weighed the same thing, so I jumped on the scale again to make sure. I even moved it around on the floor to make sure it was level. Couldn't be from TOMagain! Geez I couldn't believe it. Then I remembered that Jay went on a 3 week diet with supplements and gainned weight too. No I wasn't sharing his supplements! lol Well would you believe that a few weeks ago I dusted the scale and accidently rolled up the counter on the scale. LMAO. I lost 7 pounds in minutes. Isn't that a great weightloss. In reality though I lost 4 pounds in the month or so. Thank goodness because I was redy to give up swimming.

Hope that you all have a grat weekend.

ShelleyM
06-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Dee-You are so funny! I only wish I could make that same mistake. I have a drs. type scale, so I can't. You are doing wonderful with the swimming. A 4 lb. loss is fantastic. Give yourself a big hand!!

mzbhavin
06-11-2005, 08:07 PM
b navy

I am a forgotten soul who got lost and didn't think she would find her way back to her friends.

I know you probably forgotten who i am and what has been going on with me.
Just a lot of family biz to take care of and had to rant and rave and feel depressed for awhile until i felt better.

Still haven't lost a whole lot of weight and beginning to think that it is a hopeless cause.

Hubby,daughter and the boyfriend are doing ok and i have been depressed,better, then depressed some more and now i think i am out of my funk.....

How have all my friends been here???

I will have to sit for awhile and catch up with everyone.

Take care and will check in tomorrow.

love ya

Mzbhavin

gdeann
06-11-2005, 08:29 PM
HELLOOOOOOO VICKSTER!!!!!! So happy to have you back here!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE stay with us and post your diet plan so we can help you...ok? I know for myself, the MORE I post here, the MORE I stay motivated. I was worried about you...how is your mother? Also, please just hang in there... the healthier you eat and the more you move, you will start feeling better about yourself.

Love ya!

ShelleyM
06-12-2005, 07:25 AM
Vickie! I'm so happy you're back! Have you been to my part of the US lately to visit your mom? We have all missed you so much. Please stay with us. We love you and mention you here often! Your weight loss is not a hopeless cause. Stay with us and we will motivate you. Why not go over to the exercise thread and do a little walking, running, biking, swimming, or whatever!!

gdeann
06-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Dee, funny story about the scale!!! See what dusting does for you...it makes you gain weight!! LOL!!!!!!!

Cheryl, how is the Xenical working out??

Shelley, you are a braver woman then I....I could not even begin to think about coming in contact with a snake while exercising. Did you guys have tornado's in your area?

KiKi_B
06-12-2005, 10:37 PM
I just joined today, but have been looking over the site for the past few days. I think the Loozing Floozies is right where I want to be. I think it's more about the support than the diet itself. That's what I need!

Anyways, I'm a 39 SAHM to 4 of our 7 kids. One is in the Navy, one is out on his own, one will be going to college in the fall and one lives with his mom. The other three keep me busy all day long....Chelsea is 4, Chloe is 3 and Robbie is 17 months. I live in Washington state and have been married to my husband, Todd, for 5 years.

I've never before been on a diet and never wanted to be on a diet, but my weight is out of control since the birth of Robbie. I'm not sure if it's because of the medication I'm on for my high blood pressure or the fact that I quite smoking 5.5 months ago or just my age....but it's time to get healthy. My body is crying out for it too. My back hurts, my hips hurt and my feet hurt. Plus I want to be able to go play with my little ones!!!

Anyways........so glad to have found this group. You all sound like a great group of ladies and I can't wait to get to know you all better!

gdeann
06-13-2005, 12:24 AM
Welcome Kiki!!!! I quit smoking almost 7 years ago...one of the hardest things I've done other then dieting. I gain weight terribly after I stopped smoking... now I grab food instead of a cig. Sounds like your a very busy person! Three kids at home under the age of 4? Bless you sweetie, I am thinking of you! LOL!

ShelleyM
06-13-2005, 05:52 AM
Welcome, Kiki!! You will enjoy our fantastic group of ladies. Of course, I am the only sane one here!!:crazy: Sounds like you are a very busy mom! Both Ramona and Sherry have kids in the armed forces, in case you weren't aware of it.

gdeann
06-13-2005, 09:39 AM
I need to chime in...Shelley is the only sane one here...she tends to keep the rest of us in line. The one you need to watch out for is Sherry.... LOL!

Ok, I pulled a "Dee"... remember the 4 pounds this week I lost?????? WELL, changing batteries in a digital scale makes all the difference in the world! I am back to the SAME weight! UGH!!!! I don't if I'm more mad at myself for not noticing or the frick'n scale for not move'n!!! LOL!

Sherry
06-13-2005, 01:17 PM
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #38............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!! ;)