Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 01:18 PM   #1  
Round & Soft

Angry Kelseys and East Side Marios Question

During last week I visited both of these resturants, I asked if they have a nutritional guide....both places said no . When I came home I went to there web sites to see if maybe they had one there. Noooooo they didn't, so I sent them an email asking them why not. So far I haven't recieved any reply. Has anyone ever came across a place like this and if so how did you count you points? I know that basic things are easy to count, but some of the other things are not. I guess maybe that means I can't eat there anymore.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:35 PM   #2  
Michele

Hi - I'm not familiar with Kelseys but we have a local East Side Marios and my leader told us a story about how she went to eat there totally planning to just eat whatever looked good and not worry about the points but her waitress turned out to be one of her members - so she asked her what was the best thing to select from the menu to stay within her points and the waitress/member suggested she have the shrimp linguini in marinara and I think she said she only took like 11/12 points for it.

I hope this helps. I know that the Olive Garden won't give you nutritional info either. I'm not sure about canada but the best site I've found for looking up restaurant nutritional info is: http://www.dietfacts.com/

Old 06-05-2005, 01:56 PM   #3  
Round & Soft

Quote:
Originally Posted by animequeen
Hi - I'm not familiar with Kelseys but we have a local East Side Marios and my leader told us a story about how she went to eat there totally planning to just eat whatever looked good and not worry about the points but her waitress turned out to be one of her members - so she asked her what was the best thing to select from the menu to stay within her points and the waitress/member suggested she have the shrimp linguini in marinara and I think she said she only took like 11/12 points for it.

I hope this helps. I know that the Olive Garden won't give you nutritional info either. I'm not sure about canada but the best site I've found for looking up restaurant nutritional info is: http://www.dietfacts.com/

Thanks for the site and I will denfinately be checkin it out. I aksed our waitress about low fat foods and she told me to get one of the pasta dishes with creaser dressing in it......I'm not a brainy person when it comes to figuring points out instantly but it seemed to be the choice wouldn't be that good. So instead I had there chicken salad. It was a huge plate of lettuce and some pieces of grilled chicken on top. I felt better with this choice, and it tasted yummy.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:15 PM   #4  

Height: 5'0"

Sounds like you made the best choice, Canadianmarshmellow! And you enjoyed it. I don't know why they would not have nutritional information, do they have something to hide? Hopefully you will receive the answer soon.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:31 PM   #5  
Round & Soft

I recieved an answer from my email that I sent to Kelseys, here's what it says. Atleast it's nice to know that in the near futrue there will be something for us WW'S to follow if we choose to eat there."
Hi, Brenda. Nutritional Guide is being worked on by our company, and will be
coming out sometime next year. We do have an ingredient content list in each
restaurant. If you wonder what healthy choices you can have from our menu,
simply ask your server or a manager on duty, and we will be glad to assist
you. This coming Monday we will be offering a Taste of summer menu, and have
a great item on it called "Summer Citrus Salad". It comes with peppers,
oranges, honey citrus dressing and walnuts. It is great to now that you had
a good time at our establishment and we hope to see you back soon.
Alex Sher
General Manager
"
Old 06-07-2005, 06:22 PM   #6  
14 lbs to go!!

Fuddrucker's does not have a nutritional guide. They emailed me and told me it is because they handmake everything and it is too hard to figure it out. I told them I would not be a customer then. They offered the site to Boca-burgers....since they sell them at the restaurant....who wants a 7 dollar Boca burger?
Old 06-07-2005, 06:46 PM   #7  
Michele

I'm with you Angie - no way would I pay 7 bucks for a boca burger and who can eat a boca burger at Fuddruckers!!!!

There are quite a few restaurants in LA that don't have nutritional info - when I asked at Olive Garden they said the only "healthy choices" would be to pick from the Garden Fair entrees. I think it's probally a lot of work for them to figure it all out and it's not a priority to them. However, I tend to eat more often at the places I know what the calories/points for.

Closed Thread