South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 10:55 AM   #1  

Default Fat-free and sugar free dressings?

Hello, Is there such a product? I`m a diabetic 2 and I really have to watch it but I want it to taste good to, any homemade out there?Thank You
Old 06-13-2005, 04:27 PM   #2  

How about a little lemon juice and chickpeas with enough water/liquid to make it the consistency you'd like.

I do this often (Diabetes 2 also) and add garlic, dill, mustard, hot sauce, balsmaic vinegar or other spices depending on my taste that day.

Mustard and a little sweetener tastes a bit like honey dijon dressing...
Old 06-14-2005, 11:37 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Meadowlark, why worry about it being fat free? Ensure that it has good fats (canola and olive oil both have tons of health benefits) and only use a little. Then you will not compromise your diabetes, and you will enhance your health.

Check the premade ones' ingredient lists for olive oil and canola oil to see which are made with them and not with bad fats. There are many that are sugar free.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:54 PM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

I have not had much success with premade salad dressings since I can only find choices that contain sugar. However, I just ran across a really old Better Homes recipe book that my DM had stored away. It has several salad dressing recipes in it (including mayonnaise) that don't contain sugar, and even if they do, I would substitute Splenda. I was planning to try this weekend.

If they are any good, I will post them to the recipe section next week. I was also looking for some salad dressing recipes before and I think there is a section where there are several listed. You may want to try there.
Closed Thread