Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 10:53 AM   #1  
Going to Disney - 2005

Default So is there a current 100 to lose thread!?

Wondering if there is any type of group going on here. I am finally able to concentrate on me. So looking for a bunch of groupies to join and get the weight off.

TIA
Old 06-21-2005, 04:10 PM   #2  
Forever Hopeful

I'm finally there too. I've decided there's never a good time to start so might as well try now.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:41 PM   #3  

Default Count me in!

Hello fellow-losers

My stats are: start:273 current: 264 long term goal: 150
I've been at WW for 12 weeks. It's slow going, but it is progress.

Let's work together!
Old 06-24-2005, 09:17 AM   #4  

Thumbs up 100 or more

I'd love to join your group. started ww in april 05 and although i am doing well 257 to 233, it is still a long way to go. Goal is 130. I'm only 5' 2 ". We could motivate each other. The people in my life are great but they have seen me diet so often I dont think they believe i can do it. Let's make this the losingest summer yet.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:56 AM   #5  

count me in too i need to lose 100 pounds and need help
Old 06-30-2005, 02:33 PM   #6  

You all could count me in too. I am looking for major group support some ppl to post with everyday.
Lisa
Wyoming
Old 07-12-2005, 02:59 PM   #7  

Is anyone going to keep this thread working sounds like there are many of us who could use it and need it! I sure do!
Old 08-26-2005, 01:28 PM   #8  
Big Ol' loser

I just started going to weight watchers last week.
I weighed in at 284 and I am 5'4". Talk about shocking! My goal is just 30 lbs.
Once I get there I'll start looking forward again but only a little bit.
I know we've all had this journey before. Its hard to hear someone 'skinnier' say I have to lose 30lbs...when I'd already die to be at their current weight. Looking forward to over 100lbs is so hard for me. I'd lose it and then feel like thats it? So its a new way of doing it.

My first weigh is tomorrow! 7 a.m.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:50 PM   #9  
Study Hog

S/C/G: 240/240/140

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm starting over today for the billionth time,but this time I am going to focus more and walk more
Old 08-29-2005, 09:54 AM   #10  

Im into my 5th week of WW's and I think today I might hit my mini-goal of 5lbs (finally). I have over 100 to loose, so Id like to join too!!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:34 AM   #11  
Big Ol' loser

I meant to post my loss the other day... 3.8 lbs.
26.2 left to go

I will admit I was disappointed. I thought for sure my first week I'd lose a lot more. But looking back I know I didn't eat enough, sometimes I got so hungry I was nauseated. I didn't drink nearly enough water and I kept to points and not fruits and veges. I had lots of vegetables and yogurt with fruit but not any real fruit. I just need to tell myself it was the first week on a new plan.
so this week I've made a point of drinking more water and trying to eat fruit and veges. The fruit is super hard, I am odd ball who loves vegetables.

I bought some spri bands to start excercising a little until they introduce exercise.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:22 AM   #12  

Default Can I join you as well

I ve been lurking here for a few weeks. I have at least 100lb to lose. I work in stones and lbs so willhave to work it out to be exact but believe me its over 100.

anyway look forward to getting to know everyone
Old 09-02-2005, 09:56 AM   #13  

Wink

Hey Gals!

I'm in this club, too!

Fruits are hard for me as well. But my 2 new tricks are to buy a good frozen fruit mix - Trader Joes and BJ's both have good mixes - and then I do one of 2 things: blend up mixed fruit (in frozen state) in mixer or cuisneart and create a kind of sorbet that makes me feel like I'm eating ice cream, or I just let the fruit defrost a little then eat it semi-frozen. Kind of like a popsicle thing. If you're really picky about fruit, just buy bags of the ones you like and use those. I put frozen bluberries into everything. My favorite. I also add a cup to my FF Blueberry yogurt in the morning.

Eating a mix of Stoneyfield FF yogurt mixed with a cup of frozen blueberries and 2 oz of Go Lean Crunch makes a great breakfast or a great snack. I can't touch cheese because I just can't stop, so this is a great dairy fix for me. The only other dairy is that I use whole milk, not FF, in my coffee.
My other calcium has to come from veggies, so I eat alot of Broccoli and stuff like that.

I really find that I have to ahve snacks - I think that's the theory that some people use when they split their 3 meals into 5 smaller ones throughout the day. I realize I can do that and still stick to my points.

Night time eating is MY handicap. I have to battle every night not to go downstairs and havbe MORE of ANYTHING! Sheesh!

Everybody hang in there!

Radiodoll
Old 09-02-2005, 02:01 PM   #14  

I should jump in here as well, as I fit the bill, so to speak.

Long time WWer, and recent returnee to the chicks board - I was very successful back in 98 when I first joined WW and then thought I could do it on my own. Another lesson learned, and I'm back to where I had the most success.

My problem with fruits and vegetables and they tend to get forgotten in the crisper drawer. So I got into the habit of getting the frozen fruit and thawing them out in the microwave to have with fat free cool whip - it makes a great dessert!

For veggies, I find I rely more on the salad bar than buying veggies that will go bad. It may be more expensive, but at least I'm not wasting them.

Looking forward to meeting you all through chatting here!
Old 09-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #15  

Default Room for one more?

Morning Gals I'd like to jump in if you have room for one more! I joined WW in the past 6 months but have a long way to go! My first weigh in was 289 and I am now at 259. I'm excited to weigh in the 250's! Isn't that something? I never thought I could be excited about weighing that much! I do love the program because for me it's doable, I can actually stick to the program. It does get overwhelming when I stop and think how much I still have to lose. Especially when the weigh in girls at the meeting are wearing their tag that says, "I Lost 30 Pounds!" Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them but sometimes wish I had just 30 pounds to lose

Have a great day and keep striving to reach your goals!!
Closed Thread